Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Les Voyages Olfactifs 02 Paris-New York Guerlain for women
dislike

cinnamon
Les Voyages Olfactifs 02 Paris-New York Guerlain for women Pictures

We are taking you for olfactive journeys from the heart of Paris, presented by the house of Guerlain in their new collection inspired by journeys and rhythm of world capitals: Paris, New York and Tokyo. The collection was named Les Voyages Olfactifs and it introduces fragrant postcards presented in May 2009.

The perfumes of the collection were named: 01Paris-Moscow, 02 Paris-New York and 03 Paris-Tokyo.

02 Paris-New York speeds up the pulls with accords of vanilla and cinnamon, with juicy mandarin and bergamot, which add a lighter nuance to the fragrance. Mild, spicy tacts of cardamom with cedar represent Manhattan at Christmas time.

Bottles of Les Voyages Olfactifs collection are made of glass, shaped like cylinder, with a silver top and silver inscription with name of the house and of each perfume. The flacons were designed by Serge Mansau. The collection will be available in Guerlain’s boutiques Maison Guerlain in amount of 250ml edp.

Bergamot

Cinnamon Cardamon

Cedar Vanilla

Les Voyages Olfactifs 02 Paris-New York Fragrance Reviews

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Tigerlillian said it so well I won't try to re-invent the wheel. I will only say that there is a bow to the classic original Guerlains in the topnote of 'New York' and then the fragrance moves on to much more modern notes of cardamom, bergamot spice and wood. The final effect is of a rather dry cool but spicy fragrance. I don't really get Christmas from this, but it is modern and sophisticated and definitely a Guerlain scent. It is my favorite of the Guerlain Voyages series.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I am head over heels in love with this fragrance--it has all the elements I look for. Simple, layered, strong ingredients blended with a gentle hand; clean, a little dry with a natural, wooded sweetness and soft spice. Somewhat of a skin scent that amplifies my being.

A departure from Guerlain's classic hallmarks, New York is minimalist and modern, yet has enough body to satiate my senses. Equally as impressive as Les Voyages Tokyo--Guerlain proves to be a master in the art of simplicity as well as complexity made famous by its more popular, early creations.

There's probably nothing more to be said as I really don't think it's necessary to overthink this one for me. I just know that I have an affinity with it and would perhaps consider buying the 8.5oz jug (which appears to be the only size available), because personally I find this very wearable, comforting and versatile--a Les Voyages I could get a lot of mileage out of.

teddito
teddito

I find the opening very interesting.Resembles the initial notes of many Guerlain's classic frags, but milder and gentle.Then quickly turns to a very elegant vanilla -cedar combo with just a hint of cinnamon and cardamom.Surely, it is a cold weather perfume because of the woody base with a hint of spicy sweetness.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

the beginning is retro, but pleasant.. definitely not old-lady-like.. but then it quickly turns to something in between rubber and plastic, yuck .. definitely nothing feminine about it.. and a definite no-no for me :(

Guerlain NEW YORK opens with just a flash from Guerlain's past--a touch of powdery vanilla that evokes memories of some of their great classics. From there, the smokey, ashy, even burnt wood takes over. This stage lasts quite a while and reminds me of a smoke-filled upscale bar. The drydown eventually becomes a slightly sweet, less burnt woodiness.

I am unsure as to why this would not be equally appropriate for gents as for dames, as the middle, staid, burnt-wood stage is rather long, and there is no point at which I would describe this composition as "feminine".

I like this creation. I was relieved and am hopeful that Guerlain has finally abandoned its ill-conceived quest to fill the olfactory world with candied raspberries and plastic violets. However, my relief notwithstanding, the price of NEW YORK seems entirely too steep. I have a decant, which I will indeed use, but I have no intention of adding a full bottle to my collection.

Update: I just discovered that the cost per milliliter is quite reasonable ($1), but they are selling this series in the perfume equivalent of gallon jugs: 250ml, which is too much, unless one happens to be enamored of the scent, which in this case I am not...

Kterhark
Kterhark

I don't know which note is causing this, but hte opening definitely brings to mind old money New Yorkers. So much so that I was turned off by it and wrote it off (I'm a Western gal)However, after the opening fades away it moves on to a very pleasant citrusy scent, and dries down to an even more beautiful vanilla/cedar combo. This is one fragrance that opens 'old' and finishes 'young', if that makes any sense.

Les Voyages Olfactifs 02 Paris-New York by Guerlain 3.40 out of 5 based on 49 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Les Voyages Olfactifs 02 Paris-New York fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Les Voyages Olfactifs 02 Paris-New York, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Voyages Olfactifs 02 Paris-New York by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Voyages Olfactifs 02 Paris-New York by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.