Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Les Voyages Olfactifs 03 Paris-Tokyo Guerlain for women

Les Voyages Olfactifs 03 Paris-Tokyo Guerlain for women
dislike

Les Voyages Olfactifs 03 Paris-Tokyo Guerlain for women Pictures

We are taking you for olfactive journeys from the heart of Paris, presented by the house of Guerlain in their new collection inspired by journeys and rhythm of world capitals: Paris, New York and Tokyo. The collection was named Les Voyages Olfactifs and it introduces fragrant postcards presented in May 2009.

The perfumes of the collection were named: 01Paris-Moscow, 02 Paris-New York and 03 Paris-Tokyo.

Fresh and delicate 03 Paris-Tokyo shows diversity of cultures, describing the capital of Japan with clean, charming accords of violet and jasmine, along with pleasant scents of cedar and green tea, which leaves an impression of fresh morning dew in a mysterious, beautiful and intriguing way.

Bottles of Les Voyages Olfactifs collection are made of glass, shaped like cylinder, with a silver top and silver inscription with name of the house and of each perfume. The flacons were designed by Serge Mansau. The collection will be available in Guerlain’s boutiques Maison Guerlain in amount of 250ml edp.

Green Tea

Jasmine Violet

Vanilla Hinoki Wood

Imperial Tea

Les Voyages Olfactifs 03 Paris-Tokyo Fragrance Reviews

Internet Duchess
Internet Duchess

The scent is exquisite, quiet, classy and it does evoke images of Tokyo. I hate the bottle though, it seems like it's made for cheap facial astringent rather than this gorgeous creation. I can't believe they actually credit the "designer" of it. If the bottle were nicer, there'd be no question I'd buy this. Alas, just decants for me.

blomst
blomst

I find this scent addicting and think the other reviewers are pretty spot-on, however I don't know that I could buy such a large and expensive bottle of it because while the lasting power is good, the sillage is really poor.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Toyko is appropriately minimalist with a thoughtfully selected blend of beautiful ingredients.

The scent opens with the finest green tea--a gently infused sweet cup, not oversteeped and without a trace of tannin.

Regal jasmine then makes a most graceful appearance--and the flower is simply exquisite in this composition. If you have ever travelled to Thailand and been captivated by the scent of the double blossoms of jasmine sambac used in garlands for sale lining nearly every street of Bangkok, then you know the jasmine I'm talking about: very luminous, deeply fragrant, more exotic than jasmine grandiflora and just a hint masculine compared to the heady, feminine note of its sister. This is also the same flower that is used to infuse deliciously fragrant jasmine tea.

Violet makes this airy and transparent, while the subtle wood notes ground this scent perfectly and create a stillness that evokes tranquility and meditation.

I'm still deciding whether I like this better than Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea. Maybe there is no comparison as they both play different roles: Tokyo is still and quiet; Green Tea is refreshing and energetic.

In any event, I wish this were less expensive or came in a smaller size bottle. I'd love to buy or swap for a decant--a definite must-have for me.

** Edit: I finally purchased a full bottle as Guerlain now offers a 3.3 oz size instead of just the 8.5 oz growler.

In my journeys with Guerlain through Les Voyages Olfactifs, I somehow saved the best for last: Tokyo.

Here are the notes, according to neimanmarcus.com:

• Top: Green tea
• Heart: Jasmine, Violet
• Base: Vanilla, Hinoki

This is just a beautiful composition, fresh and clean, yet sensual, fragrant, and warm at the same time. It actually reminds me of Tokyo, which is of course an added bonus in terms of overall concept. In fact, one of the reasons why TOKYO reminds me of the city is because both are totally unique and like nothing else in my experience. I honestly cannot think of a single fragrance that captures this feeling.

TOKYO reminds me of the beauty of Tokyo in all of its various guises. The gardens, the people, the tea, the magnificent and diverse neighborhoods, the food, including freshly steamed rice, which I keep remembering while wearing this scent. I even love the Japanese language and sometimes fantasize about returning there to be surrounded by kanji on all sides. Basically, my Japanese experience was the antithesis of that portrayed by Sofia Coppola in "Lost in Translation," which I found to be a rather japanophobic and anglophilic film. But that's another story.

More to the point: I'll be adding a bottle of TOKYO to my collection, oh yes, I will!

Les Voyages Olfactifs 03 Paris-Tokyo by Guerlain 3.37 out of 5 based on 40 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Les Voyages Olfactifs 03 Paris-Tokyo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Les Voyages Olfactifs 03 Paris-Tokyo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Voyages Olfactifs 03 Paris-Tokyo by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Voyages Olfactifs 03 Paris-Tokyo by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.