Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Mademoiselle Guerlain Guerlain for women

Mademoiselle Guerlain Guerlain for women
dislike

Mademoiselle Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mademoiselle Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures

Mademoiselle Guerlain is chic, elegant, cheerful Parisian scent. It is launched in 2014 in the exclusive Guerlain collection, but in fact it is the same fragrance as La Petite Robe Noire 2 from 2011 in a new bottle and a new name.

The composition is floral - green, playful, delicate and vivid. Top notes: galbanum, bergamot and lemon. Heart: iris, orange blossom and marshmallow. Base: vanilla, leather and white musk.

Available as 125 ml Eau de Parfum. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser.

Bergamot Orange Galbanum Lemon

Must de Cartier Gold

Mademoiselle Guerlain Fragrance Reviews

archivist
archivist

This appears to be a rebottled LPRN2 in cologne concentration rather than EDT. That is why the green notes spread more. Any time you dilute perfume, the aromachemicals which respond differently to varying degrees of "room" in the alcohol by radically changing their scent will do what they do. There are literally hundreds (probably thousands) of examples of this, and it's why you can't dilute a commercial scent to room spray (or whatever) - the second you add more water or alcohol, it's not going to smell the same at all. There's no such thing as watering it down while retaining the exact same scent; either the EDT will be very different from the EDP, or it has to be reformulating to mimic the EDP at a lower cost per bottle and concentration.

LPRN2 was discontinued to make way for the significantly more spendy Mademoiselle Guerlain. Same juice, lower concentration, major markup

LVMH went after and shut down a prominent blogger named Monsieur Guerlain to keep these sleight-of-hand gimmicks from getting out.

TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch
TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch

I smelled this in Epcot's Guerlain boutique in 2011 when it was La Petite Robe Noir 2. It was love at first sniff, but as a broke grad student I couldn't justify the price tag (hah, if only I'd known what it would cost in its current incarnation, I may have been a bit more motivated). I knew I wouldn't be able to find it once I left as it was a European release, but the memory of the scent stuck with me. Early 2015 I smelled it on a client and immediately accosted her; yes, it was La Petite Robe Noir 2. I'm ashamed to say I didn't quite believe it could be true at first, and pointed out that I was under the impression it was only available in Europe (well, and Epcot); she'd purchased a bottle while in France. Imagine my surprise that I recognized it all these years later. It was a scent that had stuck with me, and I realized I'd never been able to let go of the fact that I hadn't just bought a bottle. I tried the new version of La Petite Robe Noir 2, tried the original La Petite Robe Noir, and decided this really was the only part of that line I'd ever cared for. After some research I learned that it had been re-released as Mademoiselle Guerlain, and I ordered a small decant. This is the scent I remember.

Opens powdery and sweet with a hint of soapy-citrus coming through. I can smell the iris, but it shares the spotlight with the marshmallowy quality. After a bit, it mellows out into a lovely iris-spun sugar-vanilla scent. I can pick up the citrus, but it reads more like candied citrus peel in this context than what I traditionally think of as a citrus note. It all comes together with an impression of that signature Guerlain powdery note that I smell in Insolence and Mitsouko (and many of their other scents that I am less familiar with), though it isn't the most prominent part of the composition. It has a creamy, buttery quality that make this scent a joy to spend the day with. It feels well rounded. Insolence has been my signature scent for years, and it is this rounded, balanced quality in Mademoiselle Guerlain that I feel Insolence lacks, and has been my biggest complaint with that scent. However, I think fans of Insolence will find a lot to love in Mademoiselle Guerlain; they do not smell alike, but could be cousins.

My only criticism of Mademoiselle Guerlain is that it lacks the impact and nuance that would make this a truly great scent; however, the flip side is that this scent is somewhat easier to wear than its more complicated counterparts. This feels bright, sparkling, and feminine, sweet without going into the heady gourmand territory where many modern popular fragrances reside; however, it isn't a powerful statement. It doesn't offer startling new discoveries with each whiff, and on my skin, it simply fades after a few hours, finishing on a candied lemon/ marshmallow note rather than developing and shifting before its departure. I wouldn't call this uncomplicated, but it certainly isn't a chameleon that grows and changes with time. The scent lingers close to the skin, rather than making its presence known. If you wear scent to make a loud statement when you enter a room, this may not be your cup of tea.

That being said, this is a great fit for my personality and what I want in an everyday scent. It is definitely near the top of my "want" list, and the more I wear it, the closer to the top it gets. I love smelling it.

Eurochic
Eurochic

Pink fluffiness galore. Soft powdered airy marshmallows with a hint of velvety suede on a bed of pink edged white flowers. It is mostly thought of as all pinky girly for brainless youngsters, but IMO it is more refined and sophisticated than that. It has an elegant yet innocent quality to it that exudes confidence.
What can I say? I'm in love.

Jenge
Jenge

Happy Easter! Today is Easter Sunday and Mademoiselle Guerlain is a perfect Easter and Spring scent!

Picture a beautiful Easter basket with a bouquet of fresh cut stems laid across it. The green stems were just cut and fill the air mingled with the meadow flowers. You put the flowers in a vase & the green starts to subside while the flowers waft in the background. Then you notice the sweet marshmallowy scent of the treats that we're hidden under the flowers. They are hand made marshmallows scented with orange blossom and not cloying at all. Fluffy, light and wonderful, this is a grown up's Easter basket!

The super green-ness lasts about 20 minutes and all but disappears into a sweet floral marshmallow cloud. I haven't liked marshmallow in any other perfume, but it's so nice here. Wears very soft & close. I don't smell leather, or anything "masculine", just some resin to ground it. Lasts several hours.

I love this, but trying to decide if it's worth the $$$$

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I just got my sample. I like it very much. It does not remind me of Love by Kilian which is so very gourmand and very sweet (which I own and love). This almost has a clean laundry opening. I swear I smell old fashioned (1960's) red lipstick a few minutes later. I only have a sample that is not a spray, so I feel with a spray I could unravel this more. My wrist ate it up pretty quick. I will edit more later. So far as the few dabs, I am betting I am going to like this, not love. That lipstick note I do adore! Also, there is a hint of that Guerlinade in there as well. To be continued.....

NOTE TO ALL GUERLAINISTA'S: MUST FIND.....

Awaiting my bottle, yes, I love it that much! The dry down is fabulous, you must wait for it. The wait is worth it. This is what I imagine Keira Knightley to smell like. Did you see her at the awards the other night, she probably had on Chanel, lol. But she has a beauty to her that reminds me of this.

Ludicolo
Ludicolo

Like bathing in marshmallows while wearing a floral green perfume.
Actually, it smells like a cleaned up, sweetened and modernized Miss Dior to me.
(The original one from 1947).
Not so surprising really, as you can see they share quite a few notes such as galbanum, violet leaf, leather and citrus.
This is my cup of tea for sure.
It smells so wonderfully "retro" in a way!

Mademoiselle Guerlain is a sweeter, more "fresh green" and white floral type of fragrance, whereas Miss Dior has more patchouli and kind of a "dusty", herbal feel. (In a really good way though)!
This is kida like the perfect marriage between Miss Dior and Diorissimo + marshmallow/cotton candy. (I swear I smell some lily of the valley, but maybe it's just the orange blossom that's fooling me)?

As it dries down, the typical Guerlain iris and sweetness (marshmallow and vanilla) slowly start turning this into a more recognizable Guerlain.
Although I must say, this still smells very "Dior" for being a Guerlain, and those sweet notes remain very faint.

Finally a modern release that's actually interesting!
Totally different from all the other new scents out there today!

The color of the bottle is way off to me though, as I don't smell anything "pink" in this scent.
The marshmallows are barely detectable to me, and if I didn't know that this note was part of the composition, I would never have guessed.
I mostly smell green notes, citrus, leather and withe flowers which I associate more with green or yellow.
Oh well, it's still marvelous.
I LOVE!

Edit:
OK, so those were only my initial impressions.
However, skipping a couple of months ahead and now that I've actually worn it a few times, I must say (though I still like it just the same), the marshmallow note is actually MUCH more present than I first realized.
The fragrance gets progressively more sweet as it develops.
The green floral opening ends up smelling more and more like marshmallows/candyfloss/gumballs.
Very sunny, optimistic and "youthful" in a way.
Kinda like a combo of classic, sophisticated floral perfume + green gumballs..!
It is actually rather lovely!

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

Green and slightly floral with lots of marshmallows, average lasting power and sillage. Not what I was expecting, probably won't spring for this one. Reminds me of Love By Kilian. The bottle is very cute.

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

Mademoiselle Guerlain opens on me with just leather and a little floral. At first I'm not sure about it. Mid-way through the citrus and sweetness of marshmellow kicks in but it's not tooth-achingly sweet. It's perfect. By the time the beautiful powder and leather dry down happened, I was already smitten with this scent. The leather is soft and almost buttery. It reminds me of fine italian leather captured in a scent.

Mademoiselle Guerlain. I would have named this Leather & Lace, or Cuir et Dentelle. The name seems a little stuffy to me for this fun scent! I can't wait to own a bottle!

Red Rose
Red Rose

Guerlain's answer for dior miss dior cherie, it's still not available as long as I know, at least not where I live but in Dubai I think it's available at paris gallery.

poule mouillette
poule mouillette

I must be sincere, the rosy bottle and the ribbon and also the name... that is absolutely not the type of magic that works on me! I try it, just for curiosity. I LOVE IT! The combination of the green notes on the top with the delicate heart of 'guimauve' is subtle, feminine without being sweet and too 'girly'. really beautiful and surprising!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Mademoiselle Guerlain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Mademoiselle Guerlain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mademoiselle Guerlain by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mademoiselle Guerlain by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.