Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Mayotte Guerlain for women

Mayotte Guerlain for women

yellow floral

Mayotte by Guerlain is a Floral fragrance for women. Mayotte was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain. Top notes are neroli and frangipani; middle notes are tuberose, indian jasmine and ylang-ylang; base notes are sandalwood, vanilla and vetiver.

Neroli Frangipani

Tuberose Indian Jasmine Ylang-Ylang

Sandalwood Vanilla Vetiver

Joop! Berlin
Moon Bloom

Mayotte Fragrance Reviews

I love the bottle and smells, the only sad..thing is I don't feel it after 5-7 min I have on myself...maybe people around do ....Love all of Guerlain

With great anticipation, I tried this at Saks today. Meh. It was nice, but I like Mahora better. Mayotte is more refined, but no staying power. It didn't last much past an hour or so. No one part of it stands out. Mahora is much more interesting, complex and intense, and lasting. I was never a Guerlain fan and Mahora was the first Guerlain scent I liked. After wearing Mahora, I learned to appreciate Shalimar and Samsara. But chances are I won't buy them.

Mayotte is the re-edition of Mahora according to blogger Perfume Shrine. And it's named after the island where Jean-Paul Guerlain has his Ylang Ylang plantations. Mahora was an unfortunate flop probably due to the impolite associations the name had in english speaking peoples minds according to her. So I guess that if you alredy know Mahora you don't need to get aquainted with Mayotte.

OK, I "like" Mayotte, but for what I paid, I should love it. The smell is lovely, but I become anosmic to it in minutes it seems. Can't smell it on my wrist at all, but it lingers under my shirt. Unfortunately, sticking one's nose down the neck of one's own top to get a sniff would be considered horrendously bad manners.

I got the "bee bottle" with no atomizer, along with a "complimentary" refillable purse spray bottle. I find dabbing some straight from the bottle onto a half a wad of cotton and tucking it into my bra does give the fragrance a little more presence.

Lesson learned: stay away from those scary sales assocs at Bergdorf's, and get a decant of anything pricey from The Perfumed Court and live with it for a few days before deciding on a purchase.

In some ways, Mayotte reminds me of Panthére de cartier, tho a bit creamier, plus PdC has better sillage and staying power. Maybe I'll layer and see what happens.

Follow-up: My nose seems to be getting educated (I love tuberose!) so I can detect this tropical floral on me for hours now. Summer's coming and this will fit in with my floral dresses.

Mayotte by Guerlain 4.12 out of 5 based on 65 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Mayotte fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Mayotte, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mayotte by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mayotte by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Guerlain L'Heure Bleue Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Coromandel Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille Chanel Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse 3 Animale Guerlain Apres l'Ondee Guerlain Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia Guerlain Mahora Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Beige Guerlain Jicky Frederic Malle Carnal Flower Hermes 24 Faubourg Guerlain Cuir Beluga Guerlain Angélique Noire Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfum Guerlain Shalimar Chanel Coco Eau de Parfum Robert Piguet Fracas Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle