Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Mayotte Guerlain for women
dislike

tuberose
yellow floral

Mayotte by Guerlain is a Floral fragrance for women. Mayotte was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain. Top notes are neroli and frangipani; middle notes are tuberose, indian jasmine and ylang-ylang; base notes are sandalwood, vanilla and vetiver.

Neroli Frangipani

Tuberose Indian Jasmine Ylang-Ylang

Sandalwood Vanilla Vetiver

Mahora

Mayotte Fragrance Reviews

archivist

Quite right, Rue - I was using some duplicate content in C&P when tagging the Parisiennes that are former Allegorias (etc.) and missed changing one of the names in the Mayotte entry. Fixed now!

I can't understand what the hell LVMH is getting up to. All the talent and all the money, and they can't do any better than to recycle old vats in heavy, heavy dilution? All these poor people who think they're going "anosmic" to Mayotte when in reality: good luck smelling something that has been watered down to cologne strength, kids. That's not anosmia or habituation, that's "you done got ripped off."

rue_de_la_roux
rue_de_la_roux

@Archivist, you are correct that Mayonette is watered down Mahora, but Mademoiselle Guerlain is La Petite Robe Noire 2 rebottled. It's sad that we no longer can cross check things via Monsieur Guerlain. I wished I had saved his pages, they were quite handy.

Oh well, I have a bit of Mahora from back when it was first launched. I have La Petite Robe Noire 2 which btw, was way over priced, I paid $150 for a 1.7oz then the following year they discontinue it and relaunch another La Petite Robe Noire for under $100, what was the retail price, $90? Ugh. Do you know how much that chapped my behind? I don't care if they're different scents, I still felt like I was ripped off. That's when things began to go south with my opinion of Guerlain.

Now they shut down Monsieur Guerlain. I got all my info about new launches, discontinuations, and whatever else from him. Shame on you, Guerlain, I've had enough for your sales antics. Ok, rant over.

archivist

This appears to be a rebottled Mahora in cologne concentration rather than EDT.

Mahora was discontinued to make way for the significantly more spendy Mayotte. Same juice, lower concentration, major markup. You can still buy Mahora on ebay for significantly less than Mayotte; reduce it by adding another 10-20% in liquid (10 to EDT, 20 to EDP) using everclear and 1-2% water. Empty bee bottle, gold sticker, white ribbon, blam. Mayotte.

LVMH went after and shut down a prominent blogger named Monsieur Guerlain to keep these sleight-of-hand gimmicks from getting out.

almondcookie
almondcookie

I couldn't wait to leave a review on Guerlain Mayotte. This minds me of Samsara when it dries down. It's probably the Ylang-ylang. This is a pleasant scent. Tuberose, Jasmine and ylang-ylang are very noticeable. It does last and the silage is quite good. I noticed other reviewers claim that it does last very long. I guess mine does because I tried a sample from the Guerlain boutique. Apparently, this is going to be discontinued.

ANNAFRYS
ANNAFRYS

I love the bottle and smells, the only sad..thing is I don't feel it after 5-7 min I have on myself...maybe people around do ....Love all of Guerlain

Manipur
Manipur

With great anticipation, I tried this at Saks today. Meh. It was nice, but I like Mahora better. Mayotte is more refined, but no staying power. It didn't last much past an hour or so. No one part of it stands out. Mahora is much more interesting, complex and intense, and lasting. I was never a Guerlain fan and Mahora was the first Guerlain scent I liked. After wearing Mahora, I learned to appreciate Shalimar and Samsara. But chances are I won't buy them.
On edit many months later: I am now a huge Shalimar fan. Bought a 3.3 oz bottle and can't wear it often enough. Never thought a spray of leather scent would be so convincing and real. Still love Mahora, too.

mymlan
mymlan

Mayotte is the re-edition of Mahora according to blogger Perfume Shrine. And it's named after the island where Jean-Paul Guerlain has his Ylang Ylang plantations. Mahora was an unfortunate flop probably due to the impolite associations the name had in english speaking peoples minds according to her. So I guess that if you alredy know Mahora you don't need to get aquainted with Mayotte.

jujy54
jujy54

OK, I "like" Mayotte, but for what I paid, I should love it. The smell is lovely, but I become anosmic to it in minutes it seems. Can't smell it on my wrist at all, but it lingers under my shirt. Unfortunately, sticking one's nose down the neck of one's own top to get a sniff would be considered horrendously bad manners.

I got the "bee bottle" with no atomizer, along with a "complimentary" refillable purse spray bottle. I find dabbing some straight from the bottle onto a half a wad of cotton and tucking it into my bra does give the fragrance a little more presence.

Lesson learned: stay away from those scary sales assocs at Bergdorf's, and get a decant of anything pricey from The Perfumed Court and live with it for a few days before deciding on a purchase.

In some ways, Mayotte reminds me of Panthére de cartier, tho a bit creamier, plus PdC has better sillage and staying power. Maybe I'll layer and see what happens.

Follow-up: My nose seems to be getting educated (I love tuberose!) so I can detect this tropical floral on me for hours now. Summer's coming and this will fit in with my floral dresses.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Mayotte fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Mayotte, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mayotte by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mayotte by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.