Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Meteorites Guerlain for women

Meteorites Guerlain for women
dislike

Meteorites Guerlain for women Pictures Meteorites Guerlain for women Pictures Meteorites Guerlain for women Pictures Meteorites Guerlain for women Pictures

Meteorites by Guerlain is a Floral fragrance for women. Meteorites was launched in 2000. Top notes are green notes and iris; middle note is violet; base note is heliotrope.

Green Notes iris

Verte Violette

Meteorites Fragrance Reviews

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

The top notes remind me very much of Penhaligon's Violetta, but they both develop rather differently. Violetta is geranium spicy, but Meteorites is far more gentle and remains lightly floral and powdery. It's a sweet, simple, summery gorgeous pure scent. It just misses being cloying by virtue of the green notes which keep it fresh.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

I fell in love with this scent when first discovered in the Guerlain beauty products of this line.

Loved the scent and treasured it - I can only name the scent "ethereal violet". It felt like a violet fallen from the stars (meteorites, anyone?).

Not too sad that it was discontinued, especially since I've gathered some other lovely violet scents in my collection.

Still enjoying this smell in the Meteorites facial primer, though :)

Longevity was rather mild but the sillage was a bit more than moderate.

Sherihan
Sherihan

simple,clean..the violet note stays for long.

Melvinmilk
Melvinmilk

Air France is boarding, my heart is broken. He asks me once more,
Please come with me.
I look at every curve and detail of his face as I engrave a permanent photo of him in mind. I instinctively know this is the last time I will ever see him.

You know your finally a grown up, when you are able to walk away from the one who is simply not for you, no matter how much you love ...no matter how much it hurts,

This was my first harsh grown up decision, in hindsight the right one.

I will forever remember him at my door with a bouquet of wild flowers, and a small bottle of perfume. Not a word was spoken, I would simply melt into him. I can still hear him murmuring feverishly in my ear, as I slowly float away in his lush fairy tale.

Somehow I knew our time together that summer was a gift, I completely understood it was a rare chance to look behind the vail of my future. It was an impossible romance, and a bitter sweet lesson I was never to forget.

Because of him.....I finally realized what I truly could have in life.

Billy Holiday singing good morning heart ache, I am sitting at my vanity looking at the pretty bottle of Meteorites, the fragrance fills the room with thoughts of him, and my first big secret that I will never tell my future Mr. Right.

Soie
Soie

A soft, powdery & feminine violet fragrance. I bought several bottles of Meteorites after it was discontinued because I knew I wouldn't find another fragrance very similar to it for a while if ever (I own a bottle of Violettes de Toulouse, and find it to be quite fruity and much sweeter then Meteorites).

I love the idea of violet and rose scented powders of bygone eras. It would be nice to find a fine fragrance which features both these flowers as well as powdery and vanillic notes but lacking anything else that might distract from the marriage of rose to violet.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

We who loved meteorites were exctatic to find out Guerlain decided to make perfume after meteorite's scent! It wasn't a true perfume, but a fun way to intensify the fragrance of meteorite blushing pearls. So the fact is: Meteorites was rather simple perfume and was rather refreshing at the time. Strong powerful "late eighties fragrances" reigned the market. This was a flirty feminine unpretentious scent, yet more interesting when compared to early nineties unisex citrus splashes... I would still wear it if it was available. However I have no problem wearing Duet instead! :)

Little Cooling
Little Cooling

I miss this scent so much...I wish I could still get it :(

celebrity89
celebrity89

Found at a swap meet. I understand it's been discontinued. Lovely violet, but not that strong. Reminds me of the scented violet Kiddle dolls of my childhood.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I've just received this discontinued Guerlain...I'm so happy! On my skin, it isn't a simple and linear violet fragrance... I can smell very well the heliotrope, that becomes gradually more and more prominent!The base is very powdery, but still flowery. I think it's perfect, mostly in spring, for those who love the sweet, powdery and a little old fashionated fragrances! It is a little similar to Bulgari Pour femme, which I also love!

pansylady
pansylady

I adore violets and so expected to love Meteorites, but I am a bit disappointed- the fragrance is quite linear and simple, and not special as a violet soliflore- also, the staying power on me was non-existent-

I really expected more from Guerlain-

I can highly recommend Violetta di Bosco by I Profumi Firenze, an incredible soliflore that I wish would be added to our database!

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

Yes yes yes, the best attempt for me on iris/violet/powder combinations...simply addictive...it has naturally the Guerlain like "Guerlinade" which means you can identify each and every Guerlain in the drydown by that undescribable Guerlain touch..for me it means you can blow it to live even after hours and hours with one hot breath and the quality of Guerlain will fondle your nose..incrediable! and sadly:discontinued!..grab your self a bottle if you can! A must have for violet/iris addicts as me..

mymlan
mymlan

Meteorites is so far the best pure violet fragrance I've tried, but to appreciate it you must like powder. Meteorites is all about powder.

The violet is very pronounced and supported by another favourite flower I have: heliotrope. In all it is a very beautiful cut out quarter from the L'Heure Bleue cake and is also similar to Apres L'Ondee, two of the most romantic and wonderful fragrances ever made in my humble opinion.

However, the big difference is that Meteorites has no edge. Where LHB and Apres has anis and spicy carnation, Meteorites goes on and on with more violet and powdery iris. That doesn't mean it's bad (it IS really lovely) but it's rather a cuddly comfort scent than something I would wear a night out.

Among the violets I've tried I would still choose Insolence edp for a night out, so I guess I'll have to get a bottle of that as well.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I love the bottle-but the fragrance takes me back to the days before I became a perfumista-not that I ever remember calling many fragrances "old-lady"-but out of hundreds of fragrances I've smelled this one really smells octogenarian to me-and not in a good way! I really don't like it so much I had to make sure my swapping pal knew what she is getting-and I hope she likes it better than me!

I have never smelled the face powder, so I can't say whether the fragrance smells like it or not. Meteorites is simply very powdery, VERY organic indeed, but not so gentle to me as others find it-such a great bounty of violets, violets and nothing else-I had no idea what I was in for when I was expecting to smell "violets"-violets pressed hard and preserved from the days when children never talked back.

parmania
parmania

thick violet essence,харесва ми много,има и ретро звучене,което му дава и класа!;)

teddito
teddito

I am on the hence about this..very pleasant, almost pure violet scent, but I think it smells TOO organic.

I had dismissed METEORITES early on as a sort of joke: GUERLAIN clearly needed to put out a new scent, so they decided to launch one already on hand, used to scent a collection of products in one of their cosmetic lines!

Today, however, although it is indeed true that this is no more and no less than the scent used to fragrance the colorful powdery eponymous spheres used to highlight one's face with a shimmering glow, I am liking METEORITES, edt. It seems powdery and complex and upon spritzing evoked immediate albeit vague memories of BULGARI pour FEMME.

METEORITES is a safe, comfortable, gentle and powdery scent along the same general lines as ALLURE. Eminently wearable, a scent that is friendly, not profound. A comfort scent.

I wonder whether GUERLAIN also bottled the scent of their lipsticks? That would be nice...

sarselia
sarselia

Meteorites it's a subtle and somehow innocent perfume that I love.
maybe it is because of the violets that are such lovely and childish flowers.
I wear this whenever I want to feel like walking on the clouds.
I recommend this for the rainy days or for the days when we feel like nothing good is going on.This perfume will pamper you with it's beauty and it's innocence.

glitteralex
glitteralex

This is the consummate violet. Wonderful, almost a soliflore. The Green Notes and Iris only serve as a pedestal to the violet, and the Heliotrope only to keep it there (violet can fall flat easily). This cannot be compared to Guerlain's perfumes as it was launched as an accompaniment to the Meteorites makeup line.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This perfume brings back such fond memories. I was lucky enough to try "Meteorites" face pearls as a child. Mereorites perfume is just like the pearly, mystical little violet scented powder balls. It is a it is soft and flowery with just enough powder drydown. I wish for a bottle of this soon! It would make a great signature scent.

The raspberry top notes fade off quickly to leave behind a fairly accurate violet fragrance. It's not complicated, but it is pretty.

brickbird
brickbird

This is not my cup of tea. Bought this one because is a 'Guerlain' and I like most of the Guerlain's perfumes. This one was not for me. Very powdery and maybe more appropriate for old ladies

F_A
F_A

The wonderful powdery flowers, that's what Meteorites are. Very soft, lightly sweet, vertiginous fragrance. If you like the smell of Guerlain face powder "Meteorites", you should try this perfume because it smells almost the same like the popular face powder:)Very nice!

Meteorites by Guerlain 3.99 out of 5 based on 148 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Meteorites fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Meteorites, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Meteorites by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Meteorites by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.