Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

dislike

ozonic
watery
Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus Guerlain for women Pictures

A fragrant picture of a Japanese woman, Mitsuoko, was presented with a new fragrance by the house of Guerlain - Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus. This jubilant edition, which arrives 90 years after the first edition appeared, represents passion which hides behind mysteries and secret of woman. The fragrance is available as 50ml (1.7 oz) edt. Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus was launched in 2009.

Lotus

Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus Fragrance Reviews

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

FRAGRANCE REVIEW FOR MITSOUKO FLEUR DE LOTUS

BY GUERLAIN

NOTES

LOTUS

Lotus scents are harder to come by in perfumery nowadays. The last good lotus (well average lotus) scent I enjoyed was Demeter Fragrance Lotus as well as the lotus note in Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. This is a very soft, subtle floral aquatic lotus. It's really too weak for my idea of a luxurious evening cologne. But on the bright side it's a delicious after shower pick me up scent. The lotus is listed as being the only note but I would include green notes, water lily, jasmine and just a touch of citrus. It's a subdued Oriental scent without any real complexity or sillage. It has a short life but it's really enjoyable while it lasts. I'm keeping this review short because there isn't much to say about it. It has been discontinued but I'm not surprised. Mitsouko the original has more going on and it's one of the best Guerlain "tea" scents of all time. For me this is only a little bit like a pale ghost of Mitsouko, with only a hint of fruity peach scents but bigger on the florals and lotus, and even so they are soft tenuous flowery scents. This is lovely for the morning when you've had your first shower of the day. Anyone who still owns this probably wore Mitsouko and can see the differences/similarities. I do like this one though as lotus are one of my favorite flowers.

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

does anyone know what the notes are in this composition? Are they the same as Mitsuoko?

iMaverick
iMaverick

I own and love Mitsouko, and wear the EdP and the Parfum. The recent reformulations haven't changed Mitsouko all that much to my nose.

When I heard about Fleur de Lotus, I searched and I searched, but hard to be found.

Finally half a bottle was available on eBay. I bought it, and no regrets!

It is definitely Mitsouko, but with the volume turned way down to the point it smells so airy, carefree, and romantic. The peach is so evident from the way this fragrance has been made transparent.

Sweet and aquatic notes have been injected into it, but not in an alarming way. It adds to the tranquility of the scent. Those who live for the oakmoss note in Mitsouko will find barely a trace in Fleur de Lotus.

From what I hear, Fleur de Lotus was to capture the Asian market, whom prefer lighter and airy scents. Fleur de Lotus is certainly that--so its airy pleasures will only tantalize for 3 hours tops, at least on me.

vertigo
vertigo

Just a short one!
I haven't tried Mitsouko.
And I'm not an expert on Guerlain :)

Fleur de Lotus for me is a modern, tender chypre floral. I can't separate the notes. It has a serious sillage and big staying power. A powdery chypre, with notes of delicate flowers and maybe even some soft fruits?
If you feel that classic floral chypres have too sharp edges for you, give this one a try.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I am a big fan of the original Mitsouko and was eager to try Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus. I was suprised to find that it's not really that different. If you smelled it and didn't know what it was, you might even think it was just regular Mitsouko softened by some particular person's chemistry after several hours of wear.

Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus starts out a bit less sharp, and a bit more girly, thanks to the soft white floral notes. I get a hint of fruity melon, too, but all those fruits and flowers burn off quickly. The dry-down is remarkably similar to the original scent, though a bit quieter. If you think the original Mitsouko is a stinker, you might find this softened, modern version intriguing and much more wearable.

If you love the original Mitsouko, you'll likely find this one a bit disappointing. I love the original Mitsouko's sharp green "burnt peaches and moss" aroma. Fleur de Lotus is a kinder, gentler version of the same, soft as a whisper.

Unfortunately, Fleur de Lotus doesn't last long on my skin, whereas the original Mitsouko lasts hours, even in EDT strength.

If you wanted to love Mitsouko and it's not right for you, give Fleur de Lotus a try.

If you're already a Mitsouko fan, this one is not different enough, and does not last long enough, to merit purchase.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.