Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Mon Precieux Nectar Guerlain for women

Mon Precieux Nectar Guerlain for women
dislike

almond

Guerlain Mon Precieux Nectar is an exotic and mysterious scent of distant locations and the traditional perfumery. This fragrance is a "fine line" between delicacy and opulence, and belongs to the collection Les Parisiennes.

Top notes: petit grain and bitter almond. Heart: jasmine and orange blossom. Base: sandalwood, guaiac wood, incense, vanilla and white musk.

Available as 125 ml Eau de Parfum. Mon Precieux Nectar was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser.

Petitgrain Bitter Almond

Jasmine Orange Blossom

Sandalwood Guaiac Wood Incense Vanilla White Musk

Mon Precieux Nectar Fragrance Reviews

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Marzipan, soft, smooth and... Kind of cute smelling. Funny enough, I imagine it is what a baby would pick as a signature scent. Hardly worth the extraordinary price tag. Certainly not unique enough for it either. I do love the opulent bottle but that isn't enough to make me want to buy it. Sniff worthy for sure, but your money is better reserved for something far more precieux.

I thought that me and Mon Precieux Nectar were meant to be for various reasons.
1. I once conceptualized an Alien vs Predator layering set and Predator's perfume was called "Mon Precieux Mandible"
2. I was on VACATION and I had plenty of money to waste on some fancy ass Guerlain
3. I love orange blossom, but not as much as I love almond and guaiac wood.

"Oh it's nice!" and then I thought "NICE? This be $280 we're talking about!" so I shrugged and we parted ways.

A while later, I purchase a sample to see if perhaps I missed something. Again, "Oh this is nice.." and then "This is reminding me of something.. what is it?" It took me a while, but the answer is.. Hanae Mori. But not just Hanae Mori any time, anywhere.. Hanae Mori being sprayed in a Nordstrom department store.

So, in closing.. this is a pretty fragrance. Really, it is. If you love, or even like almonds, you will enjoy Mon Precieux Nectar. However, it is hardly worth $280 unless you just want to spend money. Thankfully, everybody acts like this one doesn't exist so you won't be tempted.

HANAE MORI.

fedz
fedz

This is the second time that I am wearing " Mon precieux nectar " and to be honest, I only like it, but I will not buy it, definitely .And it is not because of the price, but because it is not that special as I wanted to be.
With the first spray, I am instatly redirected in a flower shop full with jasmine and orange blossom. And nothing more... I can't detect the bitter almonds which is a pity for sure!
Now, 4 hours later, the bitter almonds are almost here and happily for me, the vanilla too. Suddenly all this mess is reminding me of my beloved " Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin ".
Now I am relieved and I can enjoy "Mon precieux nectar" for a couple of hours.

P.S
The only thing that can make me to buy this is the bottle. It's really fabulous!

jeannette_84
jeannette_84

Really want to try this! Can anyone tell me where I can find it, please?

arsenal01
arsenal01

Is this scent suitable for men? I have a decant coming in

fenia
fenia

warm, inviting, elegant and simply irresistible!unfortunately i'll never be able to have a FB because it's impossible to find one even online and the price is forbidding...:(

LookOut
LookOut

Mon Précieux Nectar is a scent that is amazingly soft and smooth! I like it, but for me it's too feminine. In fact I don't think it's unisex. Of course it's marketed towards women, but so are most (if not all) of the Guerlain Exclusifs. Spiritueuse Double Vanille and Tonka Imperiale can be worn by men, but this one (in my opinion) cannot.

Anyways, on to the smell of this lovely (woman's) perfume. In the opening I get an explosion of almond and vanilla. As time passes, more and more of the jasmine starts to show, and the orange blossom as well (although I smell far more jasmine than orange blossom). However, the vanilla and especially the almond remain strong throughout. Unfortunately I can't make out the rest of the notes, except MAYBE very slightly the incense. But it's very faint, I really have to look (or is it "sniff"?) for it...

The sillage and longevity are of course very good, as we're used to from the Guerlain Exclusif line. But since this is a soft and smooth scent, this perfume won't suffocate you when you "accidentally" spray too much of it. That's something I find pleasant about this scent as well, because some women I encounter do tend to go trigger happy on the spray ...

Also, the name is very well chosen, because when smelling the scent as a whole, I can totally imagine smelling nectar!

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

So after reading the reviews here, I decided to go and jump into the pool for a FB. I needed a good pick me up, and either a new fragrance or lipstick does that. Having said that, here's my thoughts with her for the first hour. First sniff reminded me of L'Heure Bleue and Apres L'Ondee although I will say, for me, I prefer this one over L'Heure Bleue. Shudder! I know. Anyways, I find that most people describe her pretty well. There is a sweetness in here, but very grown up. I suppose what I am not playing well with is the floral in here. There is also the incense/smoke but not a heavy one. All in all, it's nice, but for the price, I think I'll send it back. The bottle is lovely. I find that with Guerlain, if it's a hit on me, it's a HUGE HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK, hit, and if it's a miss, it's a strike out :( It's not bad, and I might give her one more round. But I'm thinking that the Elixir line just agrees with my chemistry more. For anyone who wants to try this, I would say go ahead, yes, she is very lovely. My chemistry just wants to run away from her though. Will update later.

Edit: After about 3 hours it turned to the better on me. Reminded me of my beloved Guerlain Elixir Coquin Gourmand. I'll probably give it another round. It stayed a good 8-10 hours, and also evolved. Tapping finger, hum, not sure whether to keep or not.

Edit2: I returned this lovely juice. It just wasn't me. But she may play well with you....

Eleusis
Eleusis

This is so soft, smooth and beautiful! The opening, on me, is all about orange blossom and almonds, but soon enough, the sandalwood and the incense make their entrance, accompanied by the slightest hint of vanilla. The ensemble gives a very honey-like, gourmand impression. But this is a grown-up gourmand done right, very classy and, thanks to the beautiful incense and sandalwood, never too sweet. It's dreamy and achieves to be all at once very modern with a classic "old-school" vibe. I love this one so much! My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long on me, maybe 3-4 hours top, but hey, that's ok because I get to reapply a bit more often and be amazed, each and every time by the beautiful bottle this precious nectar comes in :)

EnPassant
EnPassant

Nice and smooth... I love it!
The first blast is all about a gorgeous soft vanilla... After few minutes... almonds and orange blossom takes place... As time goes by the woody notes and hints of incense is what you'll get.

No doubt it's a great fragrance! Buuuuut... The best from Guerlain?!? Come on... How about Aprés L'Ondee, Le Heure Bleue, Jicky or Mitsouko?
Mon Precieux Nectar is creamy and delicious... And -maybe- the best Thierry Wasser creation (with Rose Nacree, imo)... But the best from Guerlain? No! Nevertheless... very well crafted!

Edit: OMG! Such a cozy fragrance! So lovely! For all the respect that I have for all the classics Guerlains I insist this is not the best from the house. Buuut... It's really much more "wearable" than the "olds" that I love... It's more versatile and my current favourite from the maison Guerlain!

jameelaLarose
jameelaLarose

I have only one very specific thing to say about this perfume:

If for all of your living years you had a hatred for Vanilla. This is your cure. And really thank you thank you thank you thank you Guerlain!!!!!!! The bitter almond incense completey tames the icky after-flavor of crude vanilla in Mon Nectar Preciuex and transforms it into an enchanting, soft, feminine, skin-caressing affair that is simply elegant and beautiful.

Yes, this is the way Vanilla should be presented if at all.

On a side note: Oscar De La Renta Blue, has another genius treatment of Vanilla: Vanilla Liqcuor .... Brilliant. Not to forget also Tom Ford's Vanilla Tobacco ---- stunner

Caramelle
Caramelle

Soft,soft,soft,sweet almond, caramel, vanilla powder...Well rounded, no edges, nothing to dislike about this one (except perhaps the price).Like a younger,sweeter sister of L'Heure Bleue who is more fashionable but still shares the Guerlain family traits.

cezarmac
cezarmac

Welcome to brave new world in a slightly old fashioned style.I dare others Perfume Houses achieve perfect interpretation like Guerlain.I`m already smell envy despite nothing will compare to this Nectar.
Go get yours before it gets discontinued like Iris Ganache.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Guerlain why you do this to me?
Perfect name and for sure perfect scent!
You do not need many words it is an accomplished balance something like white almondy flowers dipped in honey creamy vanilla set up this elixir and creates something like a floral liqueur.
We can say that´s the legitimate nectar of the gods for me the best Guerlain!

Martaynd

Got my bottle today. Noooo regrets. It's intoxicating. MPN is not just a fragrance, it is an experience. All the things I said before are still true. I've found my new signature!!

Martaynd

Nords SA only gave me a few "precious" drops in vial to take home and try because bottles were being shipped back due to "limited time only" in store. Showered and dressed myself for bed in MPN. Lovely. Husband liked. Woke up this morning and can still smell strongly on nightgown, softer on skin, but its there. Very almondy, soft, pretty flower petals. Will apply last final drops in AM to test throughout the day. For me, projection, about a foot or two; not offensive, very seductive in a pure, sexy way, not dirty sexy. The difference between lovemaking and sex. MPN is lovemaking, beautiful, white, soft, romantic, memorable in a charming way. Your man will want to breathe you in. I think of soldiers getting their love letters scented with this and sniffing them to remind them of what they have back home -LIFE. MPN is a bride, a wife, a professional working woman who gets her job done, and is uncompromisingly, unapologetically feminine.

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

Yikes. This is the first fragrance I've ever tried that features almond as a predominant note, and it definitely didn't work on me. It smelled EXACTLY like Play-Doh. It turned my stomach. I couldn't wait to get it off.

If you're not sure whether almond works with your body chemistry, please try before you spend $300 on a bottle. I would be furious if I'd blind bought this.

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

Beautiful soft fragrance. It conveys a sense of fragility. It's intoxicating but not overpowering. It stays very close to my skin which is the way I like my fragrances. I tried with at first with Nuit d'Amour and ended up getting Nd'A but could not forget this. Eventually got a bottle as well. These are the scents that I wear when I feel happy and content. It's an ageless/seasonless scent although the longevity is so so. Lasts about 2-3 hours on me.

mariana
mariana

Extraordinary. This is by far the best creamy white floral with gourmand nuances that my nose has ever came accross. Honeysuckle perhaps? Drydown is to die for, sweet and almondy, I just can't stop sniffing my wrist. Superbly well done!

finanna
finanna

Another modern Guerlain I find enjoyable but never get beyond the “mmm, this is nice”-phase. No bitterness or sharpness , just nice, lulling softness. Not opulence but rather delicacy (or maybe my idea of opulence is more in line with Lutens& Mugler than Wasser). Safe choice for any situation.

It lasts about 6h on me, projects to about arms length and hasn’t offended anyone. I had a 5ml decant, but don’t feel the need to buy a full bottle. Wouldn’t mind getting one as a gift, though:) If you love Gourmand Coquin, this is worth trying.

elusivek
elusivek

Elusive, that's how I would best describe this scent. Perhaps it is my chemisty that just eats it up but it goes from soft to non-existent in short time.

This is such a soft light, almost ethereal blend. It's sweetness - not overpowering thankfully - from the vanilla and almond then it entwines with delicate jasmine and brightens further with petit grain. Musk and almost transparent wood notes anchor the blend and keep it from becoming cloying or loud.

It's fresh with a breath of innocence, it's familiar and comforting, which draw you in but at the same time it's elusive because it's not too familiar and makes you keep chasing it for another wisp, it's like a mirage in that sense.

I have received more compliments with this perfume than any other. Some say it smells clean, some say it smells like heaven, most can't put their finger on it, it just pulls them in, as it does with me. It's hard to rationalize because one part says it's not worth the price tag but the other keeps trying to identify what draws me (any everyone else) to it so I keep putting it on and following its whispering essence.

The main down side to this is that it doesn't seem to last and has low sillage. I envy the people that it is strong/long lasting on.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

Solar! Like an expensive tanning lotion (that is not perfumed with coconut). Delicate almond, soft tropical flowers and soft vanilla. reminds me of Jo Malone's Vanilla & Anise as well as the 1980s Vanderbilt but in a very soft way. I can see how people can associate it to Chanel's Beige.

French Boudoir Doll
French Boudoir Doll

I adore Guerlain....but this particular one reminds me of Stinky Georgio Beverly Hills from the 1980's. If you want to purchase this . I suggest sampling it...there are many...MANY other perfumes that smell better. Thierry Wasser has made some very lovely fragrances... I don't know maybe it is just me and bad olfactory memories...but I can't dig it.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Actually after sniffing my sample of this through top, middle notes and drydown I can say this is definitely not a sexual type perfume at all. It's more a sweetness of angels type of scent. Very, very sweet. Very pleasant, but so much honey, almonds I don't think I could wear it. And definitely not worth the $500 of whatever that Bergdorf's is asking for it. Also, I found it didn't last that long either. I'll try my sample from time to time, but that's enough for me.

leeyah87
leeyah87

Sweet honeyed incense on top of cherry-almond with a dusting of powder. Cozy, comforting, and ethereal. Projection is average and lasting power is 6-8 hours.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Kl, this is really very much with sensual spirituality. So soft, a bit sweet, almonds, vanilla and incense is strong at my skin, with hints of woody notes and flowers. Very delicate scent indeed. I love the bottle also. Though, its not too sweet, very well made. Love in a bottle. Yeah. Perfect for starting autumn in here. Goes on my want list.

Mon Precieux Nectar by Guerlain 4.36 out of 5 based on 129 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Mon Precieux Nectar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Mon Precieux Nectar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mon Precieux Nectar by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mon Precieux Nectar by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.