Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

My Insolence Guerlain for women
dislike

I have it: 617 I had it: 255 I want it: 577 My signature: 13

My Insolence Guerlain for women Videos
My Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures My Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures My Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures My Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures

My Insolence is a new version of Insloence, launched in September 2007. It is fruiter and softer and brighter then Insolence. My Insolence is created for a modern woman, spontaneous and ready to reveal the essence of her inner self, and embrace her femininity. This adorable fragrance is charming, playful and uplifting, captured in a charming pink bottle.

It opens with a whole bunch of sweet raspberry notes, with a lemon-cake-like citrusy trace, and then continues in a direction opposite than its predecessor Insolence. The almond blossom notes, intensive, sweet and pure jasmine, patchouli, Tonka beans and powdery vanilla, give this fragrance a soft impression.

My Insolence was created by Christophe Raynaud and Sylvaine Delacourte.

Raspberry Citruses

Almond Blossom Jasmine

Tonka Bean Patchouli Vanilla

My Insolence Fragrance Reviews

Shoshi
Shoshi

I swear I smell violets in this one as well as in the original Insolence. Softer violets, with rasberries and other soft notes, but violets nonetheless. Body lotion in this scent is beautiful!

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

I think when I initially got into perfumes, I was totally unable to appreciate the powdery 'Guerlainade' present in all of these fragrances... now I can't get enough!

My Insolence (based off a bottle from 2008) is the epitome of a feminine, sweet scent. It's up there in the same vein of 'pink fragrances' as La Vie Est Belle & Shalimar Parfum Initial, but more subtle and toned down.

It's a girly (but not immature) blend of sweet yet grounded. I can feel all of the notes listed except some of the citrus - I think that's a far reach. The most prominent notes are very clearly raspberry, some lovely powdery notes, almond blossom, vanilla, and jasmine, to my nose. In the drydown, I get a ridiculous amount of Jasmine (The same kind that is present in Thierry mugler's Alien), which sometimes kills this fragrance for me personally. It would be 100% perfect without that one little note that my skin always amplifies!

I'm sure overspraying this can cause a tootheache - but 2 or 3 sprays can make this an effortless every day scent; As others have said... it really does last, for something light! Love it!

tk101585
tk101585

This definitely smells girly, sweet-- and if you put on too much, it will be nauseating and overbearing...
It's definitely perfumy and can be over-the-top, but my favorite part about this was how long it lasted.
It used to be my signature scent before it made me want to throw up from using it every day, pretty much.

Marie C Sim
Marie C Sim

This perfume sure smells GIRLY :) :) :)
It is very present, projects quite a lot.
I smell the patchouli a lot on my skin. It reminds me a lot (funny enough) of the Japanese Cherry Blossom from Bath and Body works.
It is sexy and I love it.
I will start wearing it and let's see what the comments will be :)

jksfii
jksfii

This is such a lovely fragrance. Typical Guerlain but with that fabulous fruity aspect. Highly recommend it.

Elizete Araujo Moura
Elizete Araujo Moura

Ouvi falar muito do perfume e este vai ser meu próximo à adquirir!!!

auroramaria

I revisited MI today as we are having some rain so it's not terribly hot and MI did not disappoint.
It's a marvellous composition of powdery and sweet notes
raspberry almond tonka and vanilla are so well blended here.
It gets very creamy and soft, longevity is good but could be better sillage is good.
It's a flanker worthy of Guerlain and you can feel original Insolence somewhere in it.
It works better in cool climate and I can't wait to wear it next Autumn/Winter when the notes will unfold better

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

Another lovely Guerlain creation! This is so pretty and feminine. It's very soft with a bit of raspberry mixed with floral and almond. It has a little bit of sweetness, but not overwhelming. The opening spray is very much like most modern fruity florals, but once it settles, it becomes this lovely powdery, romantic scent. It's very smooth and well blended. It's a keeper!

EDIT: First day wearing this new scent, already got a compliment! :)

EDIT 2: Every time I have worn this, I have received a compliment! Yay! And to top it off, my perfume hating hubby actually said 'you smell nice' when I was wearing this, and he NEVER says that!

blueviolet
blueviolet

On paper this is super yummy! And the notes..mmmmmm. But on my skin all I get is leather. What the sweet bippy? No raspberries no vanilla no almond. Very strange. I will try it again in cooler weather. I have noticed that scents don't behave well on my skin in summer.

jbells
jbells

My Insolence starts off with a massive whirl of raspberry, flowers, and nuts, presumably from the almond blossoms. Quite yummy, I must say.

In just a short time, tonka bean and jasmine take over. Oh wow, so much tonka bean. A powdery (but sweet) vanilla arrives to round things up. This is where the raspberry and tonka bean start alternating in dominance. There's also a little synthetic smell to it, but nothing too obvious or unpleasant.

Patchouli peeks through as it wears on, but surprisingly, it isn't as strong as I thought patchouli would normally be, keeping this light and gentle. It seems to amp up the vanilla a little more so that it's now a mildly sweet raspberry sitting in a lot of vanilla with some nuts, on a background of patchouli.

My Insolence was something I looked forward very much to, but perhaps I expected too much. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely, lovely scent, and it makes me happy when I wear it, but it leaves me wanting more.

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoy wearing this. My Insolence is just one of those that starts off meh and then grows on you as it wears on. It's girly, but also grown-up, very light (not muted!) and easy to wear. This is a slightly sweet gourmand that is inoffensive and not too sweet, and could even pass for a floral at the beginning with a very vanilla-cake ending.

Projection on me wasn't a beast, but it was fine. It lasted around 3 hours before transforming into a soft vanilla which was really more of a skin scent.

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

My Insolence is a gorgeous beast! The raspberry is very powdery, like raspberry juice and confectioner's sugar were mixed to make candy. It's very different from the boozy raspberry in Tresor Midnight Rose, for example. The vanilla and almond blossom are the most prominent notes in the perfume for me; that blend in My Insolence reminds me a whole lot of YSL Cinema. I'm not really registering any patchouli or citrus.

This fragrance is a beautiful, young, magnetic, and slightly chaotic woman who's a little too much. Sort of a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, like Jennifer Aniston in Along Came Polly or Cameron Diaz in There's Something About Mary.

Zaleska
Zaleska

A blind buy.
To my humble nose, it smells like perfume shops - the big and renowned ones - or even like expensive make-up.

Yes, that's the sensation: I'm inside of a perfume shop, trying to choose something for me, and meanwhile a lot of people are doing exactly the same! So you can smell different scents, melting together, coming directly - but not in an overpowering way - to your nose!

A good sensation, indeed! Makes me feel like traveling abroad, entering duty-free shops, feeling happy and free...

*** Oh, just one more thing: If you think this one smells similar to the traditional Insolence, forget it! They go separate ways. Insolence is the best ever. This one is a good flanker. ***

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

I blind bought this perfume recently based on notes and sheer determination to find a Guerlain for me. I have to say I am very pleased. At first spray I get a lot of raspberry, you could say the raspberry note is linear in that it is in the dry down as well. It is soft and powdery and cirtusey sweet. Staying power is amazing probably because of the patchouli and tonka bean. Overall I find this fragrance very well done, a classy sweet. I find it smells a like like the la petit robe noir series from Guerlain, maybe a little less sour then couture and a little more rounded/powdery. This is a great perfume for a young woman and for the mature woman as well. Overall very pleased

Eirlys
Eirlys

I blind-bought this perfume and it was such an awesome surprise. At first spray it's powdery and warm, with some hints of strawberry. The good thing is all those don't make the perfume overly sweet. It's kinda sweet, but in a warm way, not a sugar-like way. Gradually the jasmine note appears, and then the blossom too, I would say maybe after 5 minutes, the strawberry dries down and the jasmine takes place. At the 15 minutes mark, the vanilla and tonka become more apparent, and they make My Insolence deliciously warmer. The perfume stays that way for the rest of the time. Also, some perfume is really chemical if you inhale it right after spraying it on, not My Insolence.

The biggest surprise for me is that patchouli is one of the base notes of My Insolence. I could usually tell there's patchouli since it's quite heavy and distinctive, but in My Insolence it's not very obvious at all. So if you don't like patchouli, don't disregard this because of that note, it's very subtly done :)

The longevity is pretty amazing for an EDT because this lasts about 8 hours on me with one spray! Because it's warm, it's great for a colder day. I wear it for the first time in a cool rainy day and it's perfect. But the strawberry would make this great for sunny days as well I think. Overall I'm super impressed by this. Guerlain really does make some amazing fragrances :)

jujuba4596
jujuba4596

This was my signature for years!

I bought "My Insolence" back in 2008.
I absolutely fell in love with it and everybody loved it on me.
It was very cool because nobody knew this frangrance here in Brazil, and I was wearing something unique. I could spray it in the morning to go to school and it would last all day.
Now I don't feel the same way about "My Insolence". I changed a lot and now I'm searching for new frangrances.

"My Insolence" is sweet, powdery, a little sexy and it lasts all day long. For me, it's a mix of makeup and classic style. It's perfect for teens and young adults.

There will always be a room in my heart for it.

lirael00
lirael00

Reminds me of Oscar de La renta Esprit. It has a nice baby bath powder scent all the way through. It gives you the feeling of comfort and pampering. It's not a seductive type. Would wear this for everyday work.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

If you close your eyes and inhale, it smells as if you're walking the aisles of CVS or Wallgreens. A generic type of sweet powder that reminds you of polyester stuffed bears and half-off Valentines beside Johnson's "No More Tears" Shampoo.

jolantuk
jolantuk

I was searching for a perfume which reminds me of scent which has a vintage makeup, vintage powder. I was searching for such kind scent quite a long time, reading reviews and recommendations of fragranticans. And at last this is it – soft, powdery, creamy scent, the scent how an expensive facial cream smells…so sophisticated. I imagine wearing it to the operas and theatres, wearing elegant dress.

g1gglesg1rl
g1gglesg1rl

I like it, but im not crazy about it. The scent was nice but it did have a slightly more mature feel to it so I could see me maybe revisiting this in 8-10 years. Had a fresher smell when first applied I could really smell the raspberry - the age comes with the dry down, very powdery. Kind of reminded me of talc.

lily13ana
lily13ana

I wanted so much to like it but it didn't worked on my skin. I sprayed once on my hand and I had the feeling that something was burning plus it has the smell of my daughter's shampoo. So far only l'ínstant and l'ínstant magic are the the only perfumes I can wear from Guerlain.

asphyxia
asphyxia

This is classified as a sweet perfume? I think it is 40% bitter sweet and 60% spicy to my nose. It is definitely not Prada Candy or La vie est belle type of sweet. I feel that it is rather unique and may not appeal to the masses. Wouldn't be a good blind purchase and it's safer to try before you buy.

The initial blast is fruity but I think in less than 10 minutes the whole fragrance changes and I don't smell the raspberry anymore. Somehow the drydown is spicy yet slightly reminiscent of Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo..a little powdery? But definitely not as powdery as say, Shalimar.

Some people say that this has a burnt smell..it could be that they sprayed too much at the same spot. The first time I used this perfume, I over-sprayed and I got the awful burning rubber scent. The best way to apply this is sparingly or spraying in the air and walking through it. Less is more ^_^

Nickie
Nickie

If Angel and Hot Couture had a demure but clingy child, this would be it!

Insolence EDP is a standard in my fragrance wardrobe, and I wear it all year round. However, this is the hottest summer for years in Britain and I needed(??) a lighter alternative. Enter My Insolence... or so I'd hoped.

Sprayed on a test card I rather liked the lightness of touch and the fruity/ floral combo. However after the initial raspberryade fizziness - which I love! - it becomes quite cloying on my skin and doesn't work as well as Insolence EDP. Also, despite being a staunch supporter of wearing what you want regardless of age or gender, my initial reaction was it would probably suit my 18 year old niece better than me. Fortunately, that thought was fleeting and normal service has resumed! ;-)

It's a nice scent, and I will use it (and lend it to my niece!); but when it's gone, I won't be buying another.

My Insolence is on the sweet side of things, in a similar vein to Insolence EDT. It's a nice, sugary take on raspberry, with a hint of smooth almond, further implementing that gourmand feel.

My Insolence is a fragrance I have to be in the mood to wear. The sweet, candy aroma can become a bit of a headache if over-applied, however in small doses it can be quite alluring and feminine.

A fruity, almost tart raspberry note is what drives this composition, followed by soft almond, dusty vanilla and rich patchouli. The patchouli tends to ground this fragrance, toning down the sweetness considerably.

It's interesting from my point of view to smell an Insolence flanker that isn't violet based. This in turn sets My Insolence apart from its predecessors. I'm glad for this because the candied violet note was beginning to be done to death in this particular series.

I probably would never purchase a full bottle of My Insolence, simply because it's a bit too fruity for my tastes. However I must note that this is an impressive blend of notes, a youthful addition to a classic perfume brand.

The longevity and sillage are excellent. True Guerlain quality. I highly recommend My Insolence to young women, especially those who often feel intimidated by the Guerlain classics.

Meis
Meis

Sexy and sassy.

It's a flirty alcohol blurred night, uninhibited dancing, too many social cigarettes, and a quick snog.

That being said I don't smell the sweet fruitiness of this scent. It's more creamy, gourmand and almost musty.

It's not a cute and fruity scent for a teenager, but a more complicated scent for a young adult.

I wear this when I want to feel young and unashamedly demented.

Love it.

liudmilabadylevich
liudmilabadylevich

I ordered this perfume blindly on internet, and I was scared that it would be a disappointment. I'm someone who is crazy over Insolence, D&G Light Blue, en Tresor Lancome - intimate sweet but not obsessively sweet perfumes. This one has still turned out to be my disappointment. Nothing in common met Insolence, completely different odor, not really sweet, well dominating citrus notes and jasmine.
I haven't noticed vanilla, in fact is definitely nothing for me. Too strong, but not what I expected from My insolence - really soft sweetness is unfortunately absent.
Someone has said here that this perfume reminded of a man's cologne, TRUE!
So, now I'm thinking whom I can make happy and give it asap away.
Sorry, tastes differ but the lesson I've learned - no blind purchases anymore...:)-

Maria Goretti
Maria Goretti

Desse não gostei nem um pouquinho,tem um aroma muito doce e fechado atalcado e meu gosto casa bem com fresco,limpo,almíscarado com fundo no ambar ,mas já o irmão Insolense é uma delícia.

Tyreka89
Tyreka89

This is more for the grown up girls....The scent do last for a long time...When I wore this to work one day some of the guys thought it was men cologne. It smells good a strong girly smell.

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

A soft and innocent perfume that has just enough of a tangy edge from the raspberry, combined with a sharp and refreshing citrus. A gorgeous lemon note emerges from the citrus to play with the vanilla-tinged almond blossom. Almond blossom defines the scent, with a honeyed, vanilla heliotrope nuance. Sweet, floral, succulent and fruity. As the fragrance progresses through the open, heart and base, all the notes reinforce each other beautifully.

A sweet, non-indolic jasmine works with both the raspberry and the almond blossom. The woody aspects of the raspberry reinforce the patchouli and almond. The tonka reinforces the almond, and gives it a bitter almond tinge; it also backs up the vanilla aspect of the almond blossom. The vanilla in the almond blossom and tonka give the lemon a gourmand aspect.

The greener aspects of the tonka help the patchouli to stay green and herbaceous, lifting the patchouli to another level. The patchouli on me is very light, more green than earthy. I think this is one that the patchouli averse might like. The sweeter darker aspects of the patchouli also combine with, deepen, and extend the raspberry.

An easy to wear and inoffensive scent with depth, progression and substance. Great in Spring and Summer, but I wear it year round. Great for a day when you know you are going out socially after work, as it reveals both a day and night personae. Can be flirty and fun. Lasts 6-8 hours, I usually reapply before going out, but if I can't, I will still get whiffs. This is a subtle, beautifully composed fragrance that combines a cuddly vibe with a flirty, playful innocence. Something I will always have in my wardrobe. Bonus: Very affordable for a Guerlain.

mariana
mariana

This is one of most lovely Guerlain creations. The drydown has a slightly powdery vanilla, which I love... Very delicate... A citrus raspberry sorbet enhanced with a extremely delightful blend of almond blossom. This is my darling and lasts all day!

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

I thought I could not wear such a strong scent, but it turns out that I am! And when I wear it, it caresses me like no other scent does. It is very feminine, so alluring...

My Insolence is the younger sister with an innocence in danger of being lost of the much bolder Insolence EDP. It opens with a sweet and captivating smell of almond blossoms, very nice and realistic. Besides, the whole perfume seems to be enveloped with a prominent note of almond, may it be from the blossoms in the top notes, to an almond milk scent sweetend with vanilla and rasperry that appears later in time. It grows on skin and it transforms itself with hours gone by into a meringue and cream scent, almost edible. Through it`s veins flows the noble blood of Guerlain, and only a house like Guerlain and a few other more could work such sweet notes like this with a splendid result.

My Insolence could be the perfect perfume for a modern Lolita. It smells like tender skin, make-up, powder and sensual lips painted with rasperry juice.

KateAnette
KateAnette

Really strong, stayed on clothes for a week. Huge sillage all day with just one spray. Crazy sweet, but surprisingly not cloying. I think I need a bottle :)

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This smells innocent, sweet, clean, fresh, and has a dry down with a bit of baby powder to it. Rather than being warm and welcoming, there is a balmy reflective mirror like quality to the smell of this one - that appears to me to be cool, if not completely cold. It registers to me in the same range that a high polished chrome does. It may be very pretty to look at, but it is not my first pick for something that I would bring into my own environment.

This comes across like the perfectly coiffed hair sprayed hair - that may look gorgeous across the room, but is not begging to be touched. It is like the perfectly decorated living room - that is too pristine to actually want to have company sit and have a conversation in... forget entertaining with a cup of coffee or red wine, this is NOT the house for entertaining... this is merely "for SHOW". It is pretty, reflective, but vacant... like the white marbled floors in millionaire's homes which send the image that everything is clean and perfect... (but - for heaven's sake...don't track dirt in on your shoes). A bit too high maintenance.

---------------

I initially liked this fragrance, but upon a second wear - it feels "too precious"... a bit "too pristine" for my personal taste -- although someone else may simply LOVE it!

Isolating this fragrance only to itself for a second review, this fragrance comes across as fit for an ice princess... the type of fragrance that registers in the same range that you see when you watch a classic film with the overly blonde actress that has an extremely strikingly gorgeous classic appearance - but comes across a bit aloof and unapproachable. The image that comes to mind as I smell this particular fragrance - is similar to the character that Sharon Stone played in "Basic Instinct" -- or perhaps like the role that Grace Kelly played in "To Catch a Thief" - where the actress plays a role that is amazingly lovely to look at, but is so pretentious that they come off as being overly stand-off-ish -- if not down right aloof.

This is like the cat that graces you with their presence by entering the room and strutting about as if each and every move were a form of graceful ballet dance, but is not the type of cat that will curl up in your lap - or sit beside you. This cat wants its space, it needs to distance itself from you - in order to keep you looking on as an admirer... but resists actually getting to know you.

This fragrance is pretty, but it is difficult to get to know. It is very reflective - and pushes you away, rather than draws you in.

--------------

Everyone needs to find a fragrance that is light, unassuming, is not cloying, and will fill that gap in your fragrance wardrobe on days when you are wanting to have something that will not dominate a room when you enter it... but will leave people who are a bit closer to you to enjoy the aroma and sweetness.

This is a very reflective fragrance, almost as if you are peering into a mirror and catching your essence, but not your true reflected image. The type of fragrance that would be very sweet on you when you are hugging someone, but would not assault people within a 5 foot radius on warmer days or days when you know that you will be in a tight space, such as when going to a packed movie theater, theater production, or days when you are crammed into a closely confining office space - or riding an elevator with a packed crowd.

The aloofness of this fragrance makes it a pleasant fragrance. One that hints at femininity, but does not scream and shout your presence -- from the roof tops!

--------------

The first blast of this fragrance goes on very high and sweet. It has been awhile since I have tried Tresor by Lancome, but that one hits me with a similar first spray... very high, sweet, and could possibly be a little nauseating with the first 20 -30 minutes of dry-down. This is definitely a fragrance that you would want to spray about an hour before being in a confined tight space. (Go light on the initial spraying).

About 30 minutes into the spray, this begins to emit a more alluring quality, and you notice more of a woodsy musk base note that starts to ground the upper register sweet notes.

I don't want to cheat and look at the ingredient list - but if I were guessing, I would say that there is a base note of caramelized almonds grounding the floral bouquet - which is really functioning as a door beckoning you INTO the fragrance, drawing you in... pulling your attention towards a sweet innocence that unfolds throughout the extended wear. This moves into more of a slight hint of baby powder the longer it wears on the skin.

--------------

On my skin, I can barely smell it, it blends very well into my skin when first sprayed. After the first initial 30 minutes, this becomes a light fragrance, unimposing.

The reason that I tried this, was because of all of the many great reviews on this. Someone even said that they received more compliments on this fragrance than Beautiful... and that one has always been tops for me, and wears really super well.

---------------

Space Age type bottle, very cute! The bottle is superb! Love it, very unique - nicely designed! The bottle hints at the reflective quality that I feel is at the essence of this particular fragrance.

---------------

Waking from a quick nap before hitting the gym -- I smelled my arm in the area where I sprayed Insolence, and I'm totally understanding all of the many positive comments about this fragrance. It has a sheer type "innocence" about it that is very enticing, alluring, and super sweet. This, it appears, is the upper end version of all of the notes that the Victoria's Secret line is trying to hint at... but is not quite achieving. Noir Tease has a sweetness about it that is "in line" with this type of scent, but this seems to be a little bit more refined and elegant. It is NOT coming across as "pink bubble-gum-ish"... like the majority of VS products - this is a better production of that type of fragrance, and definitely would appeal to a more discerning audience and nose.

----------------

The Jacuzzi Test/Hot Water Test... (Best determined at about 7 hours of wear)--

This is one of those "tests" that truly determine (for me) how well a fragrance mixes with my own chemistry. The evenings when I hit the gym later, then take a jacuzzi afterwards - if a fragrance has REAL STAYING POWER... this is how you can determine that.

My Insolence was totally beautiful on my skin after steeping in the water about 15 minutes. The essence of this was totally sweet and uplifting... very "innocent"! Love it!

-----------------

Innocent, upper class, elegant. These are words I would use to define My Insolence from Guerlain. However, the thing that normally draws me into a fragrance is a warmth that beckons you to come back in for another smell of the fragrance as it intermixes with the skin. This is reflective and totally aloof... off-putting. I didn't add it to my personal collection because when I choose a fragrance for myself, I want it to be more welcoming - and not so prima donna.

-----------------

If you like the smell of My Insolence - then try Hanae Mori... I feel that these are definitely sister fragrances, only Hanae Mori is a bit warmer and more welcoming... but has a very similar essence.

Dittnergirl
Dittnergirl

I know a gabazillion people have reviewed this fragrance, but I think I'm one of the only ones here who gets an overwhelming, poisonous cloud of synthetic JASMINE. It's a heavy, Guerlain-esque blanket smothering anything else this scent tries to accomplish. The other notes try and lift their drowning limbs from a viscous sea of thick jasmine, only to submit. Did I mention jasmine??

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

This is the smell of South Asia during the blooming of almond trees. Smell of spring. So soft but not weak, powdery but not boring, simply beautiful. To my nose it has this unique vibe which makes me wear it more often than other perfumes. Almond blossom creates impression of something powdery, it's not baby powder, it's something new - sweet kind of powder. One word is in my mind when i smell it - innocent. Totally in love with this one.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

A very heady scent, so less is more with this one. Over-applying this will cause for it to heat up on your skin and become a bitter almond oil/powder bomb. If you find the pump too generous, spray a cotton ball and dab it on your skin or spray in the air and walk through it. When applied lightly the almond note is in sweet harmony with the raspberry, citrus, and jasmine notes. The dry down is powdery vanilla, tonka bean, and patchouli which is just heavenly. What a sweet treat. I love this in spring.

Usually not a huge fan of the Insolence line,but that one is pretty, not ordinary, I find it very interesting. It starts off fruity and right away the lemon edge mixes in nicely, giving a certain tartness to the scent, it has a certain sweetness but not candy sweet , there is though a strange plasticky aura to the scent, a bit challenging, not sure where it comes from, it doesn't deter the scent from being pleasant and very wearable , will see where it goes in the dry down.

Chio268
Chio268

A sweet, girly perfume. I mainly smell honey with some florals here and there. It reminds me of Lanvin's Jeanne but this one has that additional yummy smell of honey.

vanernl03121995
vanernl03121995

This perfume is PERFECT! It is so sweet, so girly, it works for both day and night, the bottle is gorgeous and it is so long lasting! The pump is quite generous so you only need like 2 of them and it lasts forever! When I go out at night and come back, my whole room smells like it. This is hands down one of my favorite perfumes!

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

Aaawh, My Insolence. I'm not a good girl but I'm not a bad woman either! Insolence nails those days when I want to tone down my naughtiness and take out my playfulness.

It's sweet, but not too much on me, it's juicy but not nauseatingly so, it never feels forced, it smells like a naturally charming girl.
I feel at home in this smell, nothing is strange, nothing smells unnatural, it's like the equivalent of me in a bottle. This is going to be my signature for spring and summer. Love it so, so much.

OliviaW
OliviaW

A bit heavy for me, but if used sparingly - in fall or winter, can be nice.

beatrix75

the best sweet -friut parfum ever

nice review !!!

beatrix75

my insolence become "my"insolence!i love the sweet-creamy smell the raspberry with Almond Blossom and vanilla but in a same time som citrus freshnes too wich i adore and exactly becos off the fresh citrus smell, the power of sweet its not tis extremly sweet ,its just perfect light sweet.this fragrance its heavenly very feminine,warm,long long lasting fume next day too you can feel the smell off soft creamy like "beige"smell!I adore my perfume its super super Guerlain.

loveitorleaveit
loveitorleaveit

Just plain stinky!! No other words. Barely could wash off.

auroramaria

This is def discontinued, in Italy you can find a few bottles still left in perfumery shops, Douglas and some Coin stores still carry it but you have to hurry before they sell out.
I have 3 bottles but i'm still gonna stock up.

Mermaid Melody
Mermaid Melody

It is realy true that they will discontinue this lovely Perfume ???????? Who knows something about it?

diana.barrientos
diana.barrientos

Great sweet grownup scent, stands out !!!!!

Jellybean
Jellybean

Rosy cosmeticy scent. I would say, rose, vanilla, almonds, violets, raspberries and lemons, in that order. Watery vanilla raspberries and soft powder 'n cream, that's what it smells like on my skin. Very much so like makeup/foundation scent as well.
It is quite pleasant 'n pretty daytime perfume, wish it was more concentrated.
Contemporary takeoff on vintage girly era.
Lasts 3 hours on me.

ver jaina
ver jaina

This is another blind buy, at 30ml & today i got time to properly test it. at 1st sniff on the nozzle it smells sweet, but when srayed onto the skin it becomes strong powdery sweet. the powdery notes takes quite some time to settle down, now passing 4 hours & still goig strong, although the powder-ness starts to wear off.
tbh i'm not a big fan of powdery scent, it reminds me of the heavier Burberry series like London, only smells different. cant say i liked it much, but definitely can be tolerated so no dislikes here.

Chanelette
Chanelette

This one is so far from anything one would call a linear fragrance. It takes you on a wonderful journey that starts off in the middle of a garden full of raspberry bushes, on a late July evening. The air is warm and the sun is still shining but there's a shade right next to a raspberry bush where you can rest and inhale the sweet yet fresh scent of raspberry fruit with a touch of greenish raspberry leaf scent. After a couple of minutes we leave the garden and go inside. The house we enter is not a cottage nor a modern penthouse. It's a victorian mansion with tasteful furniture in soft beige, gray and milky white tones, very cozy and sophisticated and a couple of extravagant artsy details here and there. The hostess has prepared wonderful homemade pastries sprinkled with almond flakes, beautiful raspberry cupcakes and vanilla steamer. She's quite charming, with a warm refreshing personality. She smiles a lot and each time she turns her head you can smell her classy powdery perfume.
I'm not a huge fan of the original Insolence but My Insolence is the most sophisticated gourmand I've smelled so far.

scentiment
scentiment

oh god. the sickeningly intense almond note got to my head straight ahead. I couldn't wait for it to land, however it seemed it never did. The almond slowly subdued but did not give place to anything else. No, it did not go well with my skin. However, am not ready to pass it off quite yet, it is after all guerlain... will give it another whirl

UPDATE: I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND! My goodness has this scent grown on me. From overly sweet and headache-inducing to comforting and spicy. I don't know what happened. I think it was because I got a whiff off a friend who told me she was wearing My insolence and suddenly: AHA! Magic. I still think i does well with some green thought so I like to mix it up with som stark fig leaf notes or a vetiver, and that may be blasphemy, but what the hey, i'm not much for god anyway...

Hayven
Hayven

I smell a powdery floral with sweet marshmallows. I know marshmallows are not a note in this, but that is what I got. The "powder-ness" of this reminds me of my signature, Amour de Amandier. I love it! I'm the odd one out for I didn't smell any raspberry. Longevity is very good, about 6 hours on my skin.

Thank you sweetiepea161616 for the sample.

temo
temo

To me this smells very "Guerlain". Sophisticated, creamy, powdery, parisian. Did not care for all the sweetness of Insolence, but this one is heavenly for me. I love to put it on after a long day of work and let it "whisk me away".

Migalex
Migalex

Smells of sweet (sickeningly) almond. I find it obnoxious, to me smells of bug spray, but I do not like the almond scent the way it is used in perfumes today, with exceptions, like L'instant magique which I like very much, and Champs Elysées, which I do not mind. I can see nevertheless that other people can like this type of scent, it is quite oppulent and unusual in everyday life, because it is not really the scent of almond, it is the scent of almond made sweeter and much more cloying. And it does have a twist. Very similar to hypnotic poison, I would say even almost the same. Cannot believe that Hypnotic Poison was not the source of inspiration.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

First spray and it smelled like a raspberry pudding. I would swear there were violets in this, but I guess it's the way the notes mix together. Raspberry and bitter almond blossom are predominant and it is very powdery as it dries down. Sillage is killer. It's not sickeningly sweet, but I would say it's cosy and more of a winter scent. My boyfriend didn't like it at all (he too thought it smelled like violets) and it's not a Guerlain for me I'm afraid, the raspberry is a bit too bitter and heavy.

diloretta
diloretta

Lots of compliments from my boyfriend.

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

I tested it today at the store. I like it...but not so much as the original Insolence. Because raspberry is a prominent note in the perfume, I expected it to be sweet 'n' sour...fresh, ideal for spring-summer. I was so wrong. It's sweet 'n' powdery, creamy. I think thanks to the almonds. Sillage and lastingpower are good. It's still on my wrist after about 5 hours. So that's good, I just sprayed once. I do get the idea that the original is a sillage-bom comparing to this one. Now there's this soft-sweet smell that lingers. I think it would be a good perfume for colder days. On a hot day maybe a bit much. Overall good perfume.

dkny27
dkny27

Mmmmmm, there is a pop of sweet fruit and then a relatively quick settling into an amber floral. Not a light summery scent, but a sweet seductive cool weather or evening scent. The bottle suggests girlish innocence but the dry down is much more provocative.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

The last reviewer is spot on. Creamy raspberry and "haunting" florals. I have to mention that the raspberry is so prominent that I almost get a cough syrup note. Almost. Maybe raspberry syrup. It's still a really nice scent. You really need to like raspberry A LOT though. The raspberry notes do start to fade after maybe 20 minutes and the drydown is very sexy and yummy! And that delicate patchouli... omg it's amazing.

One thing to know is the scent is VERY strong. A little goes a loooong way. I put 4 sprays on my wrist just because when I try a perfume I like to immerse myself in it in order to really experience it, and wow, I think I need to wash it off! VERY overwhelming. I think in smaller doses though, I would really enjoy this one.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

Warm raspberries in a heavy cream sauce with a touch of haunting florals is the best way I can describe how wonderful this smells on my skin. My Insolence is a very feminine fragrance which is light, but long lasting and yet surprisingly warm & deep. It's a perfume with many contradictions! If you like floral gourmonds, you will most likely enjoy. I think this is a bit like JPG's Classique (at least on my skin), although not quite as heady. This is more of an intimate, innocent, yet sexy scent.

Tusnelda
Tusnelda

I am not mad about this one. It is not bad as such - Coco Mademoiselle just got there first. Or maybe to My Insolence's spot in the limelight....

scentofpeace
scentofpeace

wow, i am amazed and pleasantly surprised.
this is not only an elegant and sophisticated scent, but i think a very sexy one that announces femininity everywhere i walk which is why it will easily garner compliments.
i can smell every single note mentioned in this:
"sweet raspberry notes,
with a lemon-cake-like citrusy trace,
and then continues in a direction opposite than its predecessor Insolence.
The almond blossom notes, intensive,
sweet and pure jasmine,
patchouli,
Tonka beans
and powdery vanilla, give this fragrance a soft impression."
i am completely impressed, and what is most amazing about the whole thing is that i am writing this from my 1/3 oz, roll-on dupe that cost me 1.79!
It has lasted me four hours so far, and not just lasted, i mean it smells like i JUST put it on, and my husband can easily smell it when he is within two feet of me.
it is not overpowering, rather alluring, and he likes how it smells!

one of the reasons i love to wear perfume so much is so that i can smell it on myself, and unfortunately nearly all the lovely perfumes i like i can't smell after an hour, so again, i am really impressed with this, and highly recommend this to the modern woman.

w_nmbo
w_nmbo

Very sweet, too sweet if it's really hot at the day you wear them and in those circumstances they may cause a headache. Anyway - if the weather is cool - they are pleasant. I have been often complimented about them, when wearing them.

CoriH
CoriH

This was the first perfume i ever fell in LOVE with, not in like not oooh this smells nice I'll buy it but rather fell in love with it. I couldn't afford it when I first came across the strip of smell in my magazine - i think it was the summer of 2007 so I used to take regular trips to the perfume counter just to get sprays of it. In my world no other scent existed or could compare at the time. I was a woman obsessed. Anyway my stepmom generously gifted me a gift set that xmas and I have kept a bottle in my collection ever since. I always go back to it no matter what. I think I would go insane if i were ever to hear whispers of a discontinuation. It is a superbly made fragrance and I don't think I've ever loved any the way I love this one. It is undeniably feminine not in an overly mature way or in a "too young" way rather I think it can suit anyone of any age. In my opinion the most versatile of the insolences day or night formal or informal function. Sweet, clean and fresh yet somehow warm, sexy and inviting. The silage is incredible, it is a definite compliment catcher and the longevity is superb. On my skin it stays for hours when layered even longer (which is rare for me since my skin tends to devour scents) and on clothing it stays until you wash it. I wore it on New Years eve and when i took the dress that I wore out of my closet last week it still smelled clearly of My insolence. As I've said before I truly love and adore it, I would recommend it to anyone to try.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

my insolence is intense, longlasting, lingers nicely - whafts of lemony-berry-sweet, creamy, almond-milky vanilla/tonka swirling around me since hours... it's soooo nice!!! love it!!! not girly but cute and one to fall in love by an instant. compared to insolence this one is sweeter, not sour as insolence is, but it's less serious and less sophiticated.
the aroma reminds me a lot to op blend but in a milkier, creamier way, while op blend has a rather juicy character.

add. note: the hard to find jil sander sensation smells exactly the same but less intense rasperry.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I first tested HYPNOSE by Lancôme and I sniffed and sniffed and gradually started to like that very light, airy, very popular fragrance. I wanted to understand desperately WHY it was so popular.
Then I wrote a review about it and then I tried this, MY INSOLENCE.

And WOW! What a contrast! I didn't have to sniff hard to try to find all the notes, no, this is strong, heavy, sweet and soooooooo delicious!
Sweet, so very sweet and gourmand.
Warm, sweet raspberries and wonderful almonds. I could smell almondblossom in the opening, but the drydown brings caramelized salted almonds. Just a pinch of salt. Which makes it absolutely delicious.
The raspberries are definitely warm raspberries, they lack the sourness of fresh ones.
The tonkabean wraps it in a warm, balmy, slightly smoky, gourmand scent.
In the drydown the patchouli becomes more prominent. Never overpowering, just more noticeble.

It's a strong fragrance, yet it is light. It's gourmand but not heavy gourmand. It's like the best dessert ever made in this world

Alas, I'm afraid I can't pull this off (too sweet). But by god, if I'll pass someone who wears this, I'll turn around and follow her mounth watering (and VERY jealous).

lilou
lilou

I love it. It's delicate, yummy, adorable. Almond and vanilla are very present. It made me think about Lolita Lempicka - Le 1er Parfum or Diesel - Loverdose, but My Insolence is more sparkling.

Nikka Miró
Nikka Miró

I like too much of My Insolence! Has an exit very happy of raspberry, with perfect balance between sweet and sour fruit. Later, will gaining a creaminess of almonds, with a floral freshness of jasmine and the sensuality of vanilla. Whenever I feel this perfume, comes a feeling of joy and a smile on the lips.

Guess the mystery of My Insolence, his true insolence is the joy and the lack of vergomha to be happy! Indico for women who want to win a lighter mood, feel more secure ... Well, I believe in the power of fragrance!

sarage
sarage

Very feminine, elegant, light, notes of raspberry and citruses combine with something powdery.
Beautiful bottle. I'd wear this in springtime.

Shepard
Shepard

Very sweet but not cloying. No headaches here! If you know the smell of L'Oreal lipstick, that classic, feminine scent, you've got a good approximation of My Insolence. The comparison is a complement, because I have such womanly associations with that L'Oreal scent.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Someone said this is less complex and seems cheaper than the great masterpiece, the classic Insolence edt... no way! On my skin, the first Insolence is pure e simple violet! Nothing else! This one is one of my favourite fragrances! I'm an almond lover and I definitely can notice this note: a creamy almond that embraces the raspberry and jasmin, with a soft, very sweet (which I adore!) and powdery base of vanilla and tonka bean. Thank God, the patchouli doesn't ruine this delight!

meret
meret

Oh, what a sweety! :)

Sure, sweet is just a simple and poor word on its own, but it's also not a wrong one while describing this beauty. :) So, loud and clear - My Incolence is sweet and lovely. It's also soft, creamy and tender.. A cutie if you will. :)

bloomia
bloomia

this is my sweetest perfume. At first, I thought it reeked, but after a while, the scent began to intrigue me. Another one that is hard to describe - very warm and soothing on the skin, sweet but sophisticated. I'm guessing that sophisticated touch comes from the jasmine and citrus

SheShe
SheShe

I had the bottle, I sold it and left myself a sample.

When I first sniffed the fragrance, it smelled flowery like violets, and then violets become burnt. In my imagination it's a scent of burnt violets - and it brings the book "The Thorn Birds" to my mind (but Meggie gave Ralph one rose which was left after a huge fire in Drogheda).

The smell is thick and powdery, it's light pink-grey - again Maggie Cleary who was wearing a dress in a pink and grey... and she had something of insolence in her.

My Insolence lasts long, you can feel raspberry the most. The bottle looks pretty and somewhat icy - like a flower growing on ice surface.

maraika
maraika

I had to edit my review. I tried Insolence, while in a hurry and i thought it was My Insolence. Then i bought the latter online. At first i did't love it, because it was different than what i expected to be (Insolence). I'm wearing it for a week now and i like it quite a lot. It's deffinately good for cold weather. On me My Insolnce is a little smokier than Insolence, maybe because of the almonds. This combo is smelling more like cherries. My Insolence is raspberry-sweet, but more like a juice, while Insolence has that fresh-cut berries and violet smell at the beginning. The drydowns are very different. My Insolence stays fruitier and Isolence goes powdery in a typical Guerlain way. I like both perfumes, but Insolence is brighter, more sensual and kinda "i wanna breathe deeply" smell to my nose and is my favourite.

Mmmm mmm. Super sweet and powdery. The raspberry and almond blossom mingle very nicely here. Reminds me of a raspberry and marzipan danish. Raspberry is a tough note for me--it could be good or bad. In Hot Couture, it doesn't work on me. But in My Insolence, it's very pretty. In a way, this reminds me of a more powdery Miss Dior Cherie, which I own, so I won't be buying it. But at this point I wish I could swap with someone because I've gotten tired of Miss Dior Cherie.

Also, remember those tiny little bon bons that came in a tin with lemon, orange, and raspberry? This reminds me of the raspberry bon bons with that fine dusting of sugar powder.

shabbus
shabbus

Love the creamy, raspberry opening. I couldn't get my nose out of my wrist for the first couple of minutes. Then the jasmine took over, and jasmin always seems to smell like plastic on me.
So I suffered through the jasmin note, which seemed to take forever, to get to a fantastic, warm, vanilla and honey dry down. I love the dry down of this fragrance almost as much as the opening.
If only the jasmine didn't break the whole deal! I am going to see if Insolence works better.

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

I love the last notes of this fragrance because its so sweet and dreamy, and I do agree that its a lot less powdery than "Insolence" itself, but it does smell a little bit like play-dough therefore I'm not crazy about it, I just like it.

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

I love this too much ,it is a creamy scent, classy, soft,feminine perfume great for summer and every day :)

Tulipano
Tulipano

This is a perfume for all seasons,indeed!
It was recommended by a friend on Fragrantica!
It's modern,SEXY, elegant, & warm. It's the best floral fruity perfume one could have
I loved its sillage on my skin.It's lovely.

krissycat
krissycat

I'm liking My Insolence so much better than Insolence. My Insolence is so much sweeter, more focused on the raspberries, and whereas I love Insolence so much, I like this take on it where its a little more youthful and fun. I could see wearing Insolence to an affair more serious, and then My Insolence out to a party with my friends. Very much in love with this one. Great purchase for me

catedharma
catedharma

I sprayed some on this afternoon while out shopping and said nothing to my companion about having done so. After about twenty minutes, he asked, "What did you put on? It's wonderful." I told him the name and went about my discoveries in the silk scarves with my Christmas gift card. When we left the department store he presented my with the gift set of EDP and body lotion. The dry down is so warm and rich. Great sillage, obviously . . .

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This is a nice deep rich fruity matured scent. Rich and elegant. Smokey too so it leaves a nice scent in the air of beauty surrounding you. Its just gorgeous, very nice winter scent.

cmmarti3
cmmarti3

Floral fruity and gourmand creamy - a rich, complex mixture. A patchouli-hater's patchouli infused dream. Beyond tolerable for me, I actually adore this fragrance. Raspberries and cream, vanilla and citrus. A rich, creamy, fruity gourmand delight cut with a sharp citrus note. Finally, I've grown up and into a Guerlain wearer. My nose has finally graduated to adore the precious perfumes of Guerlain.

ditaa
ditaa

First when I tried this fragrance, I thought: oh it’s so sweet, to much raspberries and I think it’s so girly and really not for me, because I like oriental fragrances. But later My Insolence comes like very feminine fragrance which is powdery and combination vanilla with blossom are so warm so deep and on my skin it has very strong long lasting power.
Its not heavy fragrance and that sweetness are not too strong, it just soft like cashmere or silk…
I feel so sexy then I wear My Insolence and I always get compliments. So I wear it not every day, this is for special romantic moments.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

This scent is for the college grad and just starting out professional working women. Girly but not silly, sexy but not yet an exotic/ mysterious woman.

An upgrade from Insolence. The rough edges smoothed out. The top notes straddle the fence with an almost too sweet/ medicinal "hello" but quickly settles down into a nice soft and pretty floral. This is fem all the way!

Surprised no mentions on the bottle which is a delight. Well done!

Flowerlady
Flowerlady

I love this perfume, it smells so good of vanilla on me.

liessadn
liessadn

MY INSOLANCE is all about the nuts notes(almond blossom and tonka bean). Those are the heart of the fragance. The raspberry and jasmin gives just a fresh, innocent, sweety touch in this nuts embrance and disapears in one, two hours (if you´re luck). Then, the fragance increase in deep and became more warm, cream. A mix of the nuts, a not too fresh patchouli (but very sexy-spiced) and a delicious vanilla. It´s very confortable and also sexy to wear. Furthermore, become naturaly part of the skin. It has a strong lasting power, also. A very confortable and powdery fragance.

vuelo
vuelo

:) Another twin of something else.

Ok, this is diffrent from original insolence, it's wearable, but for the same money, you can get it's better twin, Sacrebleu. They're strikingly similar, except Sacrebleu is way better, and it lacks the "violent violet", it has incense instead.

atmosphere
atmosphere

I bought this fragrance on an impulse, after smelling it just once. I had thought it was just okay when I smelled it at the store, but when I got home and smelled the card, it smelt so good. So I bought it. And realized I hate the opening and cannot overcome my aversion to it. I like raspberry, but here the opening smells like strong cherry Dimetapp. I hate cherry Dimetapp.
So here I am with a 50mL bottle. I think I'm just gonna spray my clothes with it 12-24 hours in advance so that when I go out in them, I can smell the comforting, completely different from the top notes, powdery drydown. And get through the bottle this way.

Tone down the cloying cough syrup raspberry and remove the iris from INSOLENCE, then replace the plastic violets with plastic patchouli, and you'll have...drum roll...

Guerlain MY INSOLENCE opens in a not uninviting way, but ultimately fails to impress, primarily because the patchouli note seems forced, as though this composition were just another ill-conceived effort to ride out the twenty-first-century patchouli craze mass-market fragrance wave.

To my nose, the patchouli of MY INSOLENCE does not blend harmoniously with the other notes of the composition, especially the raspberry. To make matters worse, it also reminds me of the plastic-like patchouli note of Chanel CHANCE. There are apparently many renditions of patchouli, and this is definitely not my favorite...

I have every reason in the world to find a way to like this flanker's namesake, INSOLENCE, at the top of the list of which is my 100ml bottle still 98% full. But every time I remove the cap, I am instantly reminded why I have no desire to wear it again.

So which do I prefer? Let's just say that if ever I were to find myself on a desert island with INSOLENCE and MY INSOLENCE as my sole perfume choices, I'd gladly take the latter, which is wearable, over the former, which is not. Happily, I don't expect that I'll ever find myself confronted with such a Charybdis and Scylla scenario. Not in this lifetime, at any rate...

If others can enjoy these fragrances, that's fine with me. I must be content and console myself with the beauty of the bottles in which these liquids are contained.

Off topic linguistic query: Isn't "My Insolence" redundant? I mean, isn't insolence an intrinsically first-person predicate? Could I really wear a perfume that referred to "your" or "his" insolence? Well, in any case, the name strikes me as yet more evidence that this is marketing hype pure and simple: try to wheel in the monolingual Anglophones who might be alienated by the sight of (gasp!) the French: "Mon Insolence"... Or perhaps French speakers would have noticed the redundancy? On ne sait jamais...

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

The funniest thing about My Insolence is that the closer I got to the bottom of the bottle the worse I thought of it. I came all the way down from adoration to loathing. Those raspberry notes that mezmerised me at first started to annoy me, the amber drydown that used to comfort me began to make me sick. I' glad I've run out of it at last.

Btw, exactly the same thing happened to the original Insolence.

advocate
advocate

I was in doubt for several months- to buy or not to buy, but finally the decision was taken. Smells delicious, like a raspberry muffin, powdered with vanilla. On the other hand, there's something very comforting about this scent, warm smell, like freshly ironed shirt.

guest_JENNA
guest_JENNA

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!!!!!

champaka
champaka

At first sight it's very pretty. At first scent...it burst off loudly like berries dipped in chemical-laden sugar dust...the notes that followed reminds me of the scent of soap that dries up on the skin.The chemical scent still lurks somewhere in the background. MI is just too insolently 'pink' and stinks too sweetly for me. I was given a 50ml bottle of MI last year, worn it about 3-4 times, trying hard not to hate it, but yes, I hate it and now I am stuck with a bottle of MI collecting dust on my dresser. Am so disappointed with Guerlain.

guest_Alice.E.
guest_Alice.E.

Ode to a Cluster of Violets
- by Pablo Neruda -

Crisp cluster
plunged in shadow.
Drops of violet water
and raw sunlight
floated up with your scent.
A fresh
subterranean beauty
climbed up from your buds
thrilling my eyes and my life.

One at a time, flowers
that stretched forward
silvery stalks,
creeping closer to an obscure light
shoot by shoot in the shadows,
till they crowned
the mysterious mass
with an intense weight of perfume
and together
formed a single star
with a far-off scent and a purple center.

Poignant cluster
intimate
scent
of nature,
you resemble
a wave, or a head of hair,
or the gaze
of a ruined water nymph
sunk in the depths.
But up close,
in your fragrance’s
blue brazenness,
you exhale the earth,
an earthly flower, an earthen
smell and your ultraviolet
gleam
in volcanoes’ faraway fires.

Into your loveliness I sink
a weathered face,
a face that dust has often abused.
You deliver
something out of the soil.
It isn’t simply perfume,
nor simply the perfect cry
of your entire color, no: it’s
a word sprinkled with dew,
a flowering wetness with roots.

Fragile cluster of starry
violets,
tiny, mysterious
planet
of marine phosphorescence,
nocturnal bouquet nestled in green leaves:
the truth is
there is no blue word to express you.

Better than any word
is the pulse of your scent.

from Odes to Common Things, translated by Ken Krabbenhoft, Bullfinch Press, 1994

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Love to have it!cause raspberry jasmine vanilla!and love guerlain!have samsara edt and verry happy with it!they are good with vanilla expensive scent!

sofiii
sofiii

My Insolence is totally different from Insolence! MI is so sharp and makes me feel something uncomfortablely artificial.

It starts with sharp sweet fruity notes, which is so sweet and it stings my nose.
Then it goes smoother but still quite a strong character. It somehow reminds me some sugary(but not too overally celeb sweet sugary) plastic failed chypre fragrance, with a tiny hint of floral scent. I had the urge to wash it off. But I'm glad I didn't.
After about one hour, I can smell something milder, nutty, and the vanilla is really pleasant.

It is nice around 1 hour after apply, but kinda too generic to me and it lacks of something that Insolence has.

floriana
floriana

Soft and creamy, tender and feminine.
Not so "insolence" like Insolence EDT.
Very wearable and comfortable.

rithacha
rithacha

Oh nonononono. Never again. My first experience with Guerlain and a serious let-down. :(

My impression of My Insolence was that of a teenage girl trying too hard. I don't know who the intended target market of this fragrance is, but I see My Insolence as a . . . hmm 14-16 maybe year-old . . . worships celebrities like Paris Hilton, lounging around in her pink room with her own little chihuahua whimpering in its pink doggy basket in the corner. Rich family, designer clothes. Face plastered with make-up, spraying waaay too much perfume, the opposite of subtle, trying too hard to grow up too fast. My Insolence would be her obnoxious, high-pitched, nervous laughter.

Gourmand, candy scents nearly ALWAYS repel me, and My Insolence is no exception. Sharp chemical opening, followed by nauseating vanilla/tonka bean syrup. Sharp offensive patchouli throughout.

In a word: UNNATURAL!!

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

Didn't like the initial smell nor the drydown. I don't smell any flowers in this at all.

AngelaGanttCarp
AngelaGanttCarp

Maybe it's me I tried the EDT for testing and I really didn't like it. The intial hit was whoa...very strong, too sweet. One hour later, the smell was soft but almost gone. My Insolence does smell expensive like quality ingredients were used but I think if you are going to pay over 50 bucks for a perfume it should have some staying power. This line is marketed for young women and I agree that it is not for women let's say 35 and over.

PS It did not get my allergies going so that is a plus...but I did not use a spray so that is something to consider. I recommend going to the counter and having it sprayed on you for a true test.

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

I tested this one. It is just lovely, lovely, lovely. Innocent and sweet. Perfect for a first date !!

danimcneil
danimcneil

what a wonderful powdery, baby soft ray of light! i am so glad i got this one! the berries and vanilla really make this a gourmand, yet there are also such clean notes there. such a great mix. this is my very first Guerlain perfume. and so far i love it! it last moderately on me, and others around me love when i wear this one. really girly!

sharyssa
sharyssa

I found this today at Marshalls a 1.7 oz for $10.00 on discount! I am happy and they have Badgley Mishka 1.7 oz for the same price and Vera Wang Truly Pink 3.4 oz for $22.00 I am going back to get them if they are still there!

miszliz
miszliz

o yes i love
such a powdery sweet strong but not heavy though still light but also a longlasting smell. makes me feel soapy clean and soft fresh. a signature scent.

although i praise my insolence i
do can imagine not everybody is going
to be knocked off his feet by smelling it on a sample and it definitly doesnt fit everyone. but aint nobody cant deny
on the right person you gotta love it.
and i bet when you smell it again it
immediatly remembers you of that person.

its a beautifull fragrance and i have
never been so sure that this is a perfume that fits me or i can better say reflects me

tangledvines
tangledvines

On my skin this smelled a bit like a babies diaper. Odd and not my style at all. On the drydown I did detect some note that I really liked, but I could never wear this. I can't get over the Pampers odor.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

What an enchanting fragrance! This is the ultimate in femininity. The primary notes are very raspberry, and then dries down into a delightlful and comforting powder. You know how sometimes you walk into a fragrance or perfume shop and sniff the air and think wow, that's beautiful? You are smelling My Insolence. It is THE fragrance of a beautiful and mysterious woman.

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

No house has ever created a fragrance like Insolence and My Insolence.
You can smell the quality of the ingredients, the creativity, the passion.
Even my grandmother liked it!
There is no age on Guerlain... . :)

eskarina62
eskarina62

My insolence is completely, irresistibly unquestionably feminine,both young and old; undoubtedly lovely!

A gourmet smell it is!
Feels like the budding and blossoming of a woman herself!Deceptively fruity and innocent at the beginning - like a young lass who turns into a woman - losing innocence but gaining the beauty and attraction of a maturing woman - beautiful and ephemeral like a flower, then, when you think nothing can surprise you the sweet sexiness of the base makes you relive a fantasy only My innocence evokes in you...

phrogfrau
phrogfrau

I love this perfume. It is the perfect mix of sweet with powder and subtle spice. It's sexy and sophisticated at not overpowering. It makes me feel girly and happy.

michele23
michele23

Bougt My Insolence without smelling it first and love it as I knew I would.I already had Insolence and love it so after reading the reviews I bought it and love it.Very Feminine.Very pretty.

luda84
luda84

I feel myself so insolent with them!
After tester I've bought them immediately. They are one of my favourites. More and more I admire genious of Guerlain!
EDT's rich scent remains the whole day on me, I really enjoy it!!!

PoisonDalhia
PoisonDalhia

I love this perfume. It is the best I could ever have. It is so sweet,floral but not sickening. It also draws positive comments from men!

swedeangel
swedeangel

Its ok .Not more than that.
Its powdery,quite sweet but not nausiating. But it has a dustyness that dont feel quite fresh in my nose - no i wont buy it.
But its very feminine.

lolita82
lolita82

this will be my next purchase.

SO FEMININE...love it:)

Dirty.secretss
Dirty.secretss

i love this a lot, Soft and heavenly
I just got it and I felt lool funny for me to say this but its gorgeous and I thought I smelled like babies it get’s a lil powdery “ its defiantly more floral than fruity agree with “takemyhusband” floral” im not much of a sweet floral person but this is toke my breath away..

Daria
Daria

I really love "My Insolence" fragrance,so sweet and girly!
Perfect for summer nights..

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

This is such a disappointment. Leave the creation to the Guerlain family, please. I feel that what is happening to Guerlain now is to make their line available to anyone. I do agree 100% with Benzippo. Be original and don't flood the market with these fragrances. Originality and high quality are what make the name Guerlain standing out of the crowd. I do wear "cheaper" and more "commun" fragrances, but from Guerlain I expect better.

tsofa
tsofa

I always trusted Guerlain’s fragrances, since “Chamade” was my first perfume I ever bought and wore from Guerlain, & simply love it. “My Insolence” was offered to me by my boyfriend and I believe that he made an excellent choice & selection!

The first notes coming to my nose are the citruses ones, followed by floral scents, the jasmine scent is one, followed by the almond blossom. Even though I don’t like the Tonka Beans smell, overall “My Insolence” smell is very good and has a strong lasting power. Its bottle is pretty, and I am a fun of it! Generally, I like it.

Good job, Gatoulis (my boy friend’s nick name! LOL) for offering it to me!

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

I absolutely love this fragrance. It's the combination of almond blossom, jasmine, vanilla, and tonka bean that do it for me.. So soft & innocent, feminine, and powdery.. And I have to agree that if you're a fan of floral gourmands(as I am), you will probably enjoy this. Definitely one of my favorites, I just love it!

frangipani
frangipani

I tried this on my skin for the first time today and I have got to say I was quite disappointed. Bit powdery and soapy sweet on my skin. Shame cos I liked it on the fragrance card. The search continues.....

FairyDust
FairyDust

I tested this a couple of days ago. I love it! This is what you would get if you mixed Lolita Lempicka and Hot Couture together! I really like the raspberries, along with a smokey note, on top....it sparkles.. just like the notes in Hot Couture. Then the almond and tonka bean notes evolve just like in Lolita Lempicka making you feel very comfortable. It's wonderful! Will make you feel, warm, cozy, yet empowered and confident all at the same time.

benzippo
benzippo

Nothing special nor unique nor any different from all those sweet smelling fragrances that has been continuously flooding the market.

A disappointment for me. I still like the original.

Malegria
Malegria

I was really annoyed. My favorite Guerlain - and this? It starts as a very chemical, fruity and sharp concoction, a rather ordinary one...And then it developed some heavy note that made me think of stale walnuts!And this note was really LOUD, and there was nothing to soften it...I suspect that it was patchouli, which I usually love, but here it was almost unbearable for me or was not supported by the right ingredients...The base is way common and insignificant.Guerlain, you so can do better!!!!!!!

Silvery
Silvery

Hmmm... Delicious! I like its delightful raspberry note, it's not so dominant as it is in Insolence, but still one of the determining notes, which gives the character of this perfume. I think it IS special, and the delicate gourmand notes boost this feeling in me... In addition, this fragrance is very long lasting!

Hecate
Hecate

I love this perfume, maybe a bit generic, but the powdery raspberry topnote is so lovely. The fragrance reminds me of a combination between a girly and a comfort scent. I don't like the original insolence, but this one is a keeper.

lolo
lolo

i got a sample .... when i wear it i just love it ....so soft and nice on me

knics33
knics33

I adore this. It is so feminine and pretty, but also clean. I love the top-note of raspberry. If you like scents that contain raspberry, this is a must.

Ninulia
Ninulia

Hmm... cant even say for what event it is... One part of me likes it, and the other one hates it... Well if somebody gave it to me I would use it..:)

Marianne
Marianne

At first it was just too much for me, but now I got used to it. You definitely have to use it with caution...

amanda
amanda

Its very sweet for me, the smell is between pink sugar from aqualina and paco rabanne ultrared. its not similar to Insolence at all, but not bad in its type, i would have guessed pralines, but it may be the vanilla

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

From my carded sample, Guerlain says that My Insolence is in fact a Floral gourmande, not a fruity floral, as listed here.

Warm raspberries in a heavy cream sauce with a touch of haunting florals is the best way I can describe how wonderful this smells. My Insolence is a very feminine fragrance which is light, but long lasting and yet surprisingly warm & deep. It's a perfume with many contradictions! If you like floral gourmonds, you will most likely enjoy. I think this is a bit like JPG's Classique, although not quite as heady. This is more of an intimate, innocent, yet sexy scent. It takes a bit to fully develop on the skin, but when it does it's just heavenly. This will be one of my new bottles!!

My Insolence by Guerlain 3.83 out of 5 based on 948 ratings and 133 user reviews

Sample
My Insolence Perfume by Guerlain, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
My Insolence Perfume by Guerlain, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
MY INSOLENCE for WOMEN by Guerlain EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
MY INSOLENCE for WOMEN by Guerlain EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain My Insolence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain My Insolence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify My Insolence by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of My Insolence by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.