Designers » F-H » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Parure Guerlain for women

Parure Guerlain for women
dislike

Parure Guerlain for women Pictures

Parure was created by Jean-Paul Guerlain in 1975. It is a sensual and elegant chypre. The top notes are dark, even a bit fusty, but very soon there comes a gentle rose wave to mitigate the first 'antiquary' impression. The dark plum sounds elegant in the heart of the composition, which, by the way, is not gourmand at all. The fragrance features plum, bergamot, green notes; lily of the valley, rose, iris, lilac, jasmine, narcissus; and oak moss, spices, amber, rose and patchouli in the base.

Plum Fruity Notes Green Notes Citruses Bergamot

Narcissus Lilac Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Spices Leather Amber Patchouli Oakmoss

Profumo Eau de Parfum
Acqua di Parma Profumo 2008

Parure Fragrance Reviews

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

Today on a cool autumn day it is thin and sharp and the oakmoss, my gott in himmel the oakmoss is ... I frankly can't stand it.

On a warm summer day, it is outstanding. When I first sprayed it on I could smell both Chamade and Vol de Nuit. Thirty minutes later, Nahema peeks through (a little foreshadowing since Nahema was born in '79). About an hour later, it's fresh pink roses and Guerlinade. What persists 24 hours later is a rose and vetiver dry down identical to my beloved vintage Chanel N°19.

This review is of the 100mL EdT and most likely from the late eighties. Despite it's age, the top notes are intact.

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

Hello everyone, I want to let you know that if you go to Etsy.com, look for Nunzio's Discoveries by ODONA, they have a vintage Parure edt that they recently listed for sale (they put it up on Thursday) and I checked just now June 14 at 8am, CT (US) and it's still there. They find lots of beautiful vintages; they also have a vintage Chant d'Aromes edc and Shalimar edc just listed, amongst others. I bought my vintage Anais Anais from them and they are great people to do business with. I just wanted to mention them. I am not connected to them in any way at all. I'm just a fellow perfume fan sharing a little gem of a source.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I agree with Ms. Rochambeau the there is a distinct relationship with Mitsouko. That wacky oakmoss! It'll nail you every time.

But where Mitsouko is warm and come-hither, Parure is distant and noli me tangere. Parure is green with rose and something that smells like iris, always a chilly scent.

Parure is a shapely ghost, the tasteful remnant of a thousand departed perfumes. Wear it if you're hoping for an early end to your evening.

themonkeys
themonkeys

this reminded me of a spring summer garden after a rain storm , wish they still made it

russian.red
russian.red

i have never smelled this one but something about it makes me want it!!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

This is SOOooooooooo good!

I was gifted a sample of this by a dear friend here at Fragrantica ( thanks, hon! ) which I then took with me on vacation. At first I was Pleased with this fragrant creation.

After an entire week of Generous Application I'm in Love. :) There is a way in which this seems to me very close indeed to the same Guerlain aura as Mitsouko, but the reviewer who stated it's lack of peach is correct. I don't miss it, even though my nose detects no fruit whatsoever.

Oakmoss is now considered such a "dangerous" substance that Guerlain cannot properly reformulate her. To discontinue this beauty is perhaps the most respectful choice. But!!!!

In the final analysis, PLEASE do try Parure if she crosses your path. Guerlain lovers will not be disappointed by her oh-so-special charm!

valenceis
valenceis

I understand why this perfume was discontinued. I remember when this was the least sought after, least appreciated in-production perfume Guerlain was offering. When it had absolutely NO context in current perfume trends. In the late 90s/early 00s this was heavy and dated. Oakmoss was foreign, weird, obscure and unwanted. My how things change in 10+ years.

This perfume has haunted me. I remember in my active swapping days someone offering me a really generous, beautiful bottle of this and seeing as how it was at the time one of the least desired Guerlains, I declined, never having tried it. Everyone was trying to get rid of it. In hindsight although I kick myself for declining it, I'm happy that this particular bottle never passed through my hands in my active swapping days. I would feel worse knowing now that I let such a precious thing slip through my fingers. In my early 20s, Guerlain was not my house.

I did eventually buy myself a cheap (cheap!) bottle on...perfumebay (shows the timeline). I was young and didn't enjoy the opening, loved the classy finish but eventually swapped this out too because it didn't really suit my surroundings. Big deal, I won't miss it. I was wrong.

It's siren song called me for years afterward, some of those years I ignored. My tastes changed again and again. I found myself wanting another hit of Parure, only to find it was seemingly impossible to find anymore. I knew it was being discontinued in 2007 or so and I just let it go. I was a young girl who wanted to ride on the crest of perfume trends. Little did I know that I was about to get tossed around the niche world and leave it running and screaming, into the arms of those wiser, more experienced, less tragic classics.

This perfume is perfection, for those who don't fear its style. Not for everyone. It actually reminds me of a bolder Chant d'Aromes, another love of mine. Deeper, more leathery but still having that bright prettiness. Lovely day time perfume for colder months. Clean, romantic, a little personal.

If you are really interested in this, don't stop searching.

EDIT: One of my exes seemed to attack me with lust every day that I wore this perfume .

Also, many have mentioned it being like Mitsouko. There is SO much rose in this and NO peach. They share a few characteristics at first blast but after 30 seconds that is over.

exciter76
exciter76

I have never seen Somewhere In Time but I used to love the VHS cover for the movie. On it, Christopher Reeves is wistfully looking into the distance, dreamily wishing for the woman he loves, while a superimposed sketch of Jane Seymour represents his daydream. There was something so beautiful, so romantically vintage, and so surreal about that cover. If there ever was a fragrant interpretation of that VHS cover, Parure is it.

Wistful roses, an enchanted forest, whispering spices—all these things are trapped within the beautiful bottle. The roses contained within this perfume are a bit dusty but they are also opulent. If roses are the floral representation of eternal love, then Parure spends its days professing undying love. The oakmoss reinforces the ethereal aura and brings enchantment often found in fairy tales. The oakmoss sets up a scenario where a princess is imprisoned within a forest and a prince comes to save her, relying on unyielding love to be his weapon. Eventually the scent quiets down but never fully leaves, depositing sweet spices as a reminder that love never fully leaves either.

I am probably over-romanticizing this masterpiece of a fragrance. I suppose the cast and crew of Somewhere In Time over-romanticized time travel and art. But fantasy is one of life’s greatest gifts. I am contented to fantasize and over-romanticize a period of time—for me, I imagine dabbing Parure on during the Harlem Renaissance, before taking in a night of dancing with a handsome stranger. I am grateful for the chance to travel with Parure.

greenelf
greenelf

I read somewhere that the creator of this perfume was inspired by his wife, who he had divorced a few years earlier--he said his inspiration had been the idea of "icy flowers"--sweet, fragrant and yet cold and distantly elegant. I think he achieved this perfectly. I remember seeing a rare TV ad for this scent in the late 70's,that featured Katherine and Heathcliff meeting on a moor and kissing passionately--a fitting metaphor for an intense but failed relationship. It is elegant, feminine and emotionally unavailable. I love that kind of complexity in a fragrance!

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

Mitsouko with plum instead of peach, but even with the similarities, it's worth having on its own...if you can find it. For lovers of oakmoss, it's the first note out of the bottle, so it's no wonder for me why it was discontinued. I managed to find a full bottle of the EDT and a tiny 1/2 full mini of pure parfum a while back on ebay at a reasonable price (forget that now) and I use them both sparingly.

Bajar
Bajar

So earthy at the opening so heavenly rosy at the drydown. In two words; A precious gem! And you don't need any other adornment (=parure) when you wear this.

jujy54
jujy54

Top notes gone all too fast. What's left is Mitsouko minus the peach. It could be almost any chypre base at this point. Like tessture, I get a medicinal smell at the end, which usually signifies oakmoss on my skin.

Jopett
Jopett

I have loved this perfume since its launch. Out of all the great Guerlain perfumes, this is my favourite. I could never understand why it was withdrawn until I spoke with Guerlain earlier this year. EU regulations specify the amount of rare natural essences which can be used in the production of any perfume. Sadly, Parure was the only one in the range which didn't work with the revised formula. To quote Guerlain 'it lost it's heart' Therefor the decision was made to withdraw the perfume from the market.I still manage to buy it on-line from various sellers, but dread the day when I can no longer get anymore.

Henriette

If the world should end and three perfumes had to saved, I would choose PARURE, ORANGE STAR and FRACAS - in this order. Parure is one of the most magnificent scents ever made, it is perfect in every aspect and has no fault of any sort. I see it has been compared to others but for me this is truly unique. I am not aware of any other scent resembling Parure in any way. It is too complex to be appropriately described: it's chypre with a touch of fruit, it's woody with a touch of flowers. It's the epitome of what a Great Scent should be: complex without being too much, opulent without being aggressive or overwhelming, elegant without being banal or too understated. I really can't see why this has been discontinued even though a sales person at Guerlain whispered me that a bottle every now and then surfaces on the counter desk and soon it disappears. Maybe to be saved for future generations so they can enjoy this masterpiece.

krmarich
krmarich

Ah, Parure! The lost and perhaps best Guerlain, as far as the florals go. It is elaborate and opulent not to be worn casually. Perhaps thats why it was not so popular in the USA. It is a direct sequel to Mitsouko as far as chypre is concerned. My tiny decant last for hours per drop. Amazing! It will never be forgotten...

Thanks Natalie!

Natalie467
Natalie467

On a hunt to get my paws on this, I first bidded and won an empty flacon of Parure-ok the bottle is beautiful but totally deviod of any scent. Second time I bought an unlabeled bottle which I'm not too sure about-will have to do a wrist by wrist comparison. Third time is a charm, this is the real deal and it's stunning.

Parure is a complex and deep chypre. Starts off gentle with the plum, citrus and green, nice and easy. A bit later things get shaken up with the orris but are tamed with hints of florals such as lilac, rose and jasmine. For the dry down there's more spice combined with the earthy patchouli, lots of moss and leathery notes and a bit of amber. Amazing, at this stage it's sultry and seductive, warm and inviting. Something a femme fatal would wear.

Shame on Guerlain for discontinuing this. From what I've tried from their line, Parure is a stand-out perfume compared to the others. Of course Mitsouko, Jicky, Shalimar, Vol De Nuit (to name only a few-I could go on and on) are beauties, but Parure is different and I've not found anything similar in Guerlain's current offerings.

Lady Love
Lady Love

The entire composition its grassy, earthy deepness, and full of complexity with a Beautiful citric/Chypre opening.

But after a while.... this smell exactly like the Vintage Miss Dior Cologne, and I love Miss Dior, but Parure doesn't add anything new.

I feel a little disappointed about this one.

celadon9
celadon9

I would consider it a floral version of Mitsouko. A touch of aldehyde, which settles down to pure exquisitness.

Carla
Carla

My introduction to Guerlains Parure in the 70's was purchased in San Francisco at the now defunct store, I. Magnin. A purchase with no regrets. Upon my first application, my initial response was this is ethereal, its heaven in a bottle.

Vintage Parure is a mixed bag of greatness. The fruity opening, with plenty of plum in the forefront, blends to perfection with the citrus lemony bergomot and a smidgen of green notes The heart brings on a lushness from the rose (a wearable rose) as the sentimental sweetness of the jonquil combined with the jasmine and lily of the valley bring out a reminder of old time glamour. The scrumptious dry down with it's leather, loads of oak moss and a jot of patchouli equates to a "boom boom pow" scent that can be so "now" as well as so happening in 3008! It's nostalgic, it's now, it's futuristic, it's timeless!
Parure has been discontinued. Why Guerlain pulled this wonder in a bottle off the market is beyond my comprehension . It is scarcely available and with an intense search it can be found. The remains in my blue glass stopper bottle in EDP is all but gone so my quest to own another bottle of this classic, long wearing fabulous mood elevating fragrance has just begun. Parure is a perfume adventure not to be ignored.
Upshot: Upscale---all the way!

Kterhark
Kterhark

I'm never sure how to review discontinued fragrances, because really, what's the point. The only question to answer is should you lay the funds out for a sample of this.

Yes you should.

And when you're done with your sample, call up Guerlain and complain loudly. I would buy this stunning classic in a heartbeat.

This went on gorgeous for me, then dry down rapidly became disastrous. There's a note in the final combination that smells exactly like medicated foot powder and between that and the plum notes, it smelled too old fashioned on me and just too old.

Henriette

Yes, too bad it's so difficult to find it. IMO it would have deserved a better fortune when launched, maybe it was too avant garde, as all Guerlain perfumes are. Parure is pure perfection bottled, absolutely wonderful, elegant. I bought my first Parure when I was 15 and it's among the very few that I still love to wear after so many years. I use to describe Parure as Mitsouko's Little Sister. The Guerlain Marketing Direction should do something to avoid this oblivion, totally undeserved oblivion

chypresse
chypresse

Hai capito che si trova qui sul internet? Prova ebay or Amazon.com.

E sensa dubbio, si trova in Francia o nelle dogane.

Auguri-
Una amica parmensa-americana

caribou55313
caribou55313

Gorgeous, very feminine chypre with a distinct plum note and rich floral heart.

2007

Parure by Guerlain 4.50 out of 5 based on 132 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Parure fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Parure, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Parure by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Parure by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.