Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Philtre d'Amour Guerlain for women

Philtre d'Amour Guerlain for women
dislike

Philtre d'Amour by Guerlain is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Philtre d'Amour was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain. Top notes are lemon verbena, bergamot and amalfi lemon; middle notes are myrhh, jasmine, neroli and petitgrain; base note is patchouli.

Lemon Verbena Bergamot Amalfi Lemon

Myrhh Jasmine Neroli Petitgrain

Patchouli

Sisley Eau de 2
Kisu

Philtre d'Amour Fragrance Reviews

Bajar
Bajar

How is it possible for a bitter juice to have the title "philtre d'Amour"? I believe it's quite possible since the creator is Jean-Paul Guerlain. It's not a common perfume. Citrus, green and extremely bitter at the opening but the drydown is soft, warm and why not,romantic. As Nakedcity has already written, the citrus note lasts usually long but I also think that it's always there and when it's time for the flowers to show up, it gives them a great freshness and shine. Moreover, the myrhh is very intense to my nose and imho it gives the composition a warm and earthy quality. It seems like being a simple perfume but in fact it's multi-dimensional and it depends on one's skin chemistry. And maybe that's the reason they named it "philtre"...

nakedcity
nakedcity

Very elegant and down to earth citrus, with the right amount of flowers and greenery to make it unisex. The citrus note lasts unusually long, I suspect a touch of oakmoss is giving it a hand, but it never goes the chypre way. It's very austere but approachable thanks to the white flowers. The patchouli is clean and earthy but not minty, just lovely. The bottle is very elegant and has a lavender hue in certain lighting. I'm happy I have my bottle considering it's become hard to find now. Recommended!

Miss LaCreevy
Miss LaCreevy

This brings back to my memory Verveine, a very pleasant eau de toilette by Guerlain. Such a pity that it is so hard to find it!

neenets
neenets

One of the best Guerlains I have come across and would not hesitate a second to purchase a bottle of it (the question remains, O Where?). It is subtle and elegant and reminds me of watching yellow and brown leaves fall off the trees in a grand park. There is just this hint of decay and earthiness in there with some crispness and melancholy of the fall season...

katelily

I should have said in the uk!

katelily

I would dearly love to try this one again, does anyone know where to purchase it?

tuoksu
tuoksu

My mother bought this for me on a trip, and it was my first experience with Guerlain. I was young, but I liked it. I was worried back then that people around me would not like it though. Nowadays I have no such worries. It's quite unique.

SandraS
SandraS

Love it and only wear it on special occasions. Its very green and not sweet at all.

Philtre d'Amour by Guerlain 4.05 out of 5 based on 44 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Philtre d'Amour fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Philtre d'Amour, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Philtre d'Amour by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Philtre d'Amour by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Guerlain Mitsouko Eau de Toilette Guerlain Jicky Guerlain Apres l'Ondee Guerlain L'Heure Bleue Guerlain Vol de Nuit Guerlain Shalimar Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Coromandel Guerlain Angélique Noire Guerlain Vetiver Pour Elle Guerlain Parure Guerlain Rose Barbare Guerlain Chamade Guerlain Guerlain Chant d'Aromes Guerlain Iris Ganache Guerlain Nahema Lancome Magie Noire Dior Diorissimo Guerlain Cruel Gardenia Robert Piguet Bandit Guerlain Guet Apens