Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Samsara Shine Guerlain for women

Samsara Shine Guerlain for women
dislike

Samsara Shine Guerlain for women Pictures

Samsara Shine by Guerlain is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Samsara Shine was launched in 2001. Top notes are fig leaf, green notes and citruses; middle notes are jasmine, ylang-ylang and red currant; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber and vanilla.

Fig Leaf Green Notes Citruses

Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Red Currant

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Vanilla

Samsara Eau de Parfum

Samsara Shine Fragrance Reviews

rodrigorp1
rodrigorp1

Um samsara modernizado, com um plus de baunilha, grande rastro e fixação. Maravilhoso.

candymarie
candymarie

Sad to say, Samsara Shine is a disappointment for me. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was just a failed Samsara knock-off attempt, rather than a flanker. When I read some reviewers describe it as a more vanillic version of Samsara, I got SO excited. And while it is unmistakably a version of Samsara, it is only similar enough to remind me how great the original is. There is no way I'd ever reach for this with a bottle of original Samsara nearby.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

A glamorous delight! A hint of green/citruses at the beginning and very luxurious and oozing with amber, sandalwood, vanilla and tonka bean stay with you for eons,quite phenomenal really. I agree with Lady Macbeth that it is very strong at first, and you do feel surrounded by warmth! Very similar to the original and gorgeous Samsara, with extra vanilla. I'm sad to hear that it isn't being produced anymore! What a shame. Such a pity as it has all of the attributes of a timeless, classic scent.

moly
moly

It's one of my mom's scents, it fits her, but I don't find anything floral green. For me it's too heavy, it gives me a headache. But on my mom it smells great.

This one is quite heavy too!! LOVE IT! It is more like a Vanilla Samsara!
:-)

guest_nadine
guest_nadine

Samsara Shine is a fantastic scent - the essence of of a confident and passionate woman. I have not come across any other perfume that magnetic!

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

Samsare Shrine is not produced anymore and very difficult to find.
Samsara is a wonderful creation, but it is also very special and heavy. It's not sold as expected, this for a mainstream fragrance that is full of Jean-Paul Guerlain's passion and love. They introduced a couple of variations on the original fragrance, which were lighter. But Samsara just needed more time to settle in, and is now a very popular classic. It's full of personality and warmth. Like "Shalimar Légère", Samsara Shine did not survived very long and it is not that spectacular. I classify this one with the other Guerlain mistakes of that period: Too Much Champs-Elysées, Cherry Blossom Delight, Cherry Blossom Fruity, Cherry Blossom Glittering, Colours of Love, Lovely Cherry Blossom Sparkles, Precious heart, Shiny Cherry Blossom, With Love, and Lights of Champs Elysées,. Cherry Blossom has been sold in Europe, but the other ones I have never seen. Sometimes they only release for the American and/or Asian market... . I admit that these creations are not really reflecting the Spirit of Guerlain. The position now is clear, but Guerlain and LVMH had to find the balance in their "relationship "after Guerlain was acquired in 1994. Un air de Samsara was on the other hand a very good release!
I just advise to try Samsara, and buy it in the eau de toilette or deodorant and body-spray if you want a lighter version. There is nothing better then Samsara on it's own!

lksandal
lksandal

I agree with lady macbeth in that it seems quite strong when first applied, but then dissipates to a lingering scent that stays with you for hours. I bought a miniature of this on ebay (I couldn't find the smaller, sample vial) because I really like the original samsara, which is definitely not for daily wear. I was hoping that samasara "shine" would be a little more toned down...it is. So much so, that it does not smell anything like the original samsara on my skin. There is only one thing that comes to mind when I wear this fragrance: DRYER SHEETS. That is EXACTLY what it smells like, and overwhelmingly so. I do NOT like this scent at all. I'm just very disappointed that I spent the $13 on the miniature and shipping so smell like something I could get out of adding an extra dryer sheet for a few cents. Dryer sheets...

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

Samsara Shine is an adorable sparkiling oriental in my opinion. The green notes vanish very quickly and leave a beautiful and cosy ylang-ylang and sandalwood trail. I love it as much as I love the original Samsara and I do not limit myself to wearing it only in summer.

ariadna
ariadna

Samsara Shine is one of my favorites for the late summer months.
A great scent:I love its signature base(tonka bean,sandalwood,vanilla)and the sweet touch of the floral notes of red berries!

Lady Macbeth
Lady Macbeth

I love it! It seems a bit strong when you first put it on but it has some specific warmth that surrounds you when you wear it. Perfect for cold days, just be prepared for people that will come to you to keep them warm ;)

Samsara Shine by Guerlain 3.62 out of 5 based on 94 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Samsara Shine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Samsara Shine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Samsara Shine by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Samsara Shine by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.