Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

oud
leather
cinnamon
Santal Royal Guerlain for women and men Videos
Santal Royal Guerlain for women and men Pictures Santal Royal Guerlain for women and men Pictures Santal Royal Guerlain for women and men Pictures

In Arabic manner, Guerlain presents the exclusive edition Guerlain Santal Royal, launched on the occasion of opening the store Harrods Salon de Parfums. Shiny black flacon decorated with details in golden color and black and gold ribbon hides an oriental composition with notes of sandalwood, leather, oud, neroli, cinnamon, rose, amber and musk. The fragrance will be available staring from October, as 125ml Eau de Parfum. Santal Royal was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser.

Neroli Jasmine

Peach Cinnamon Rose

Sandalwood Leather Agarwood (Oud) Musk Amber

Incense Suede

Santal Royal Fragrance Reviews

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Thierry Wasser, Thank you for this Amazing juice!

I don't know why I decided to buy this MASTERPIECE during the summer? Am I every damn glad I did, unfortunately I will have to wait for the late fall for this fragrance to come alive against my skin.
At first sniff, I get a rush of argarwood/oud followed by a deep masculine leathery aroma bringing both in harmony. There's just enough of a hint of rose and sandalwood adding a warm tone which heightens your senses. Finally, amber is just noticeable enough to complete this artisans of fragrance.
Longevity and Silage goes without saying PERFECT..at least 8hrs into the next day.
Finally,
Geurlain has put out another opulent bottle which deserves full credit. Santal Royal is a classy tuxedo fragrance...hands down. I know this juice will create a sexy intimate moments....10/10....⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Nessers
Nessers

What to say about this fragrance . I love oud . I didn't at first, but over the months I have grown to be completely and utterly infatuated with it . One of the main reasons why I love this fragrance is because you can smell the oud right away and it blends perfectly. Dances with the spicy Amber and the sweetness from the Jasmine and Neroli . A mix between a sweet and heavy oud is just exactly what I have been looking for .

I have a huge crush on this fragrance . It's only been on my skin for about an hour or so, so I am still courting the girl, but she has my full attention. More Rose coming in now, but it is not bullying the other notes. Jo Malone rose oud where you smell the roses all day and night—I love it—I think we need a break. This fragrance pushes the rose into the background which I like . Sometimes other things deserve to be at the star .

This is some magic . I cannot stop smelling myself and I'm not the type of person to do that very often . This will certainly be a full bottle buy for me . I think I might do it right now even. If I remember correctly, the bottle sells for $265? Is it worth it? Absolutely. Especially when you say to yourself 'I cannot live without this perfume'. Instant chemistry. Take me to bed.

Will not hesitate to add it to my permanent collection .

rahul_prasher
rahul_prasher

Love at first smell. On initial spray you're blown by a faint peach - white floral cloud, which instantly darkens into a creamy sandalwood and rose. For me this is not as oudy as other middle eastern offerings from Western houses. Undoubtedly Guerlain.

Projection is exceptional - I find it leaves a warm, creamy trail of sandalwood, oud and rose.

Longevity is amazing - remains on my clothes for up to 3 days.

CPRingo
CPRingo

It took me a while to find an Oud that I like and this is it. This is the fourth Oud I have tried and this is the only one that doesn't repulse.

I wish I got better life out of it. I don't know what everyone is talking about. I get a few hours and this is just a skin scent. It hangs in a bit longer, but this is far from being worthy of a long lasting high sillage fragrance I was lead to expect.

Despite the performance issues, I still love it. I can't detect which notes make is really sweet, but it is almost a sticky sweet.

Overall it is a solid 7/10. I would rate it higher if I could get it to last longer on me.

obahnas
obahnas

I am in love!

This is my first western interpretation of a true (middle)eastern scent, a classy oud/sandalwood with rose and leather present in the mix and a bright neroli/jasmine opening. Spells mysteriousness, character and warmth.

Every time a whiff of the fragrance comes to my nose from the paper I cant help myself but smile...simply, beautiful!

SlackMaster
SlackMaster

I finally found the Oud Rose comobo that works on my skin. This is because of the great sandalwood note. The sandalwood is pretty detectable and for that I am thankful. Based on a few reviews, I expected a stronger leather. The leather is somewhat detectable, but it isn't close to even being classified as a leather fragrance. The heavy sweetness overshadows any chance of the leather escaping through.

I have been on a bad streak with my recent purchases. This is an exception. People love it just as much as I do. It is my most complimented purchase within the last year.

Santal Royal projects fairly strong for a few hours. It lives on the skin for a very very long time, but doesn't overly project as long. To be real, I like that it doesn't overly project. My most complimented Oud fragrances are the ones that stay within a few feet of me. The ones that travel and linger seem to get a thumbs down quite often.......I'm looking at you Leather Oud and Oud 27.

This is one of the few fragrances that I see myself buying over and over and never running out of!

kl99
kl99

A Montale creation with almost 10 year of delay.

the 1.000 time imitate combo rose-oud, variant santal-leather. Wow, No surprises at all.
Nice creation but "easy listening" nowdays.
It may surprise those who have never heard about Niche, perhaps.

attila.attila
attila.attila

Simply one of the best! This is not necessarily love at first sight, but this is also a reason that it is a high end product. I rather prefer Thierry Wasser's knowledge than Luca Turin's criticism. This is a very complex fragrance.

mmmmgood
mmmmgood

hands down, this scent is no joke...so good, you cant help but wonder what took Guerlain so long to come up with this. For those of us who have smelled plenty of oud fragrances, it still stands out and impresses you, regardless of what your "agarwood IQ" may be. But for those who are new to the 'oud game', this scent may be a mind blowing experience.

the_badger
the_badger

At first I thought this was just another oud perfume but now that I have reached the bottom of my sample, I have a feeling I am going to miss it. It's oud but better rounded and well blended, very Guerlain. You don't get that sharp edgy feel like in so many other ouds. Due to price and availability I think I'll continue looking.

iritis
iritis

Has very distinguish, high end, oriental smell. The performance and sillage are incredible. Definitely worth it's price. If you're oud, rose and sandalwood lover then it's something for you.

LaVieEnParfum
LaVieEnParfum

This is a high exclusive creation with top quality from A - Z and less quantity.
It's every single cent and every single drop worth - honestly.
Very understandable for the "NICHE LOVERS".

And.........

The negative reviews are from people that only likes
cheap & ordinary content in a very big bottle (SORRY).

pearla2008
pearla2008

Fainally Ihv got it im so happy beautiful creation i don't know how to describe the ingredients. But the opining is very strong and the dry down is so beautiful the longevity very strong it last more then 8 hours on my skin

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

اجد عطور الليذر في الاونه الاخيرة بدأت تنتشر وخاصة بشكلها العصري وان كانت عطور الجلود عرفت منذ ثورة صناعة العطور فاستخدامها ليس بالامر الجديد او الغريب لكن الان تطورت واصبحت تقدمه بأسولب اكثر عصرية

عطر سانتال رويال احد عطور الليذر ذات الطابع الخشبي بروح شرقية متألقه وفخمة

بالنسبة لرائحة الليذر في هذا العطر مألوفه لدي
اذا كنت جربت عطر كلاسيف كريستيان سي
او توسكان ليذر
او لذير عود من ديور
او عطر كيور من مونا دي اوريو
وان كنت جربت اخيرا عطر سانتال رويال من جيرلان
ستجد عوامل مشتركة في بينهم العطر ليذري سموكي او دخاني دافئ جدا معزز بمكونات انيقة وفخمه من الاخشاب (الصنل والعود) التي تزاوجت فيما بينها لتعطي لمحة خشبية رائعه انسجمت بشكل رائع مع رائحة الجلود دون وجود نشار بين مراحلة مع لمحات ذات طابع سركي حلوه فيها شي من الدسامه :)، الحقيقه أحببت هذا العطر لشعور وجدته فيه وهنا مربط الفرص بالنسبة لي في هذا العطر لمسة جعلت العطر اكثر حيوية وتألق عن كثير من عطور الليذر التي قد تجدها جافة نوعا ما أو مملة مع كثرة الاستخدام اما هذا العطر من العطور التي تتوق لاستخدامها مراراً
اذا كنت محب لنوتة الليذر السموكي المكوسة بالاخشاب انصحك بتجربة هذا العطر اكثر من مره وانت صاحب القرار في نهاية المطاف

هذذا مالدي
تحياتي سعد
صل على النبي واذكر ربك دائما.
Nose Thierry Wasser thank you for this rich fragrance , very nice notes of smoky leather ( the main player in my opinion with warm touch of woods and warm spicy.
the leather note here reminds me of
leater oud dior
clive c
cuir mona di orio
even tuscan leather
scent 8.5/10
ب

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

Dark Mysterious, Resinous Rose.
Beautiful.
Outstanding value for the price, beastly sillage and longevity. This could have easily been a Tom Ford Private Blend with the performance - so I do understand why some Guerlain fans are getting fussy.
Wonderful.

Peckerhead
Peckerhead

There's no polite way to say this but I must!!
This parfum is the biggest piece of shite ever to come from Guerlain but in saying that, I am highly addicted to it where if I'm not wearing it I crave for it but the moment I apply I want to punish myself with a punch to my own face. Every note screams synthetic and cloying and is the anti Jacques Guerlain and there's no Santal whatsoever but once the creamy buttery drydown hits all is forgiven. I've been wearing it a lot latley and it's almost impossible to go thru the official Guerlain 3.8ml sample it seems as more than a few sprays is a major choking hazard.
Everytime I wear SR I get a completely different result and either rose leather or woods could be the star of this show so either SR has a multiple personality disorder or Theiry Wasser is a complete genius making a fool out of me.
Can anyone love SR unconditionally?? I feel it's only a matter of my next trip downtown before I bring her home.

Mr Cornells
Mr Cornells

I got this cologne together with Tom Ford's Noir de Noir and Bentley's Men Absolute EDP (check out my review on them). Santal Royal is my third cologne from Guerlain and I was eager to own this regal evening cologne churned basically from sandalwood and agarwood. Despite the use of "regular" ingredients for oud-based colognes, Monsieur Wasser expertly and artistically blended notes of agarwood and sandalwood together with rose, amber and musk. Surprisingly, vanilla is absent! I was expecting some wispy vanillic accord. It seems that is reserved exclusively for the Habit Rouges of this world! In all, the rendition of orientalism in this cologne is inimitably different from what obtains in the market. Nice one Monsieur Wasser!

RoyalPerez516
RoyalPerez516

I offer my deep respect for the house of Guerlain, a house that has many a fantastic and iconic creation with the likes of Shalimar and Mitsouko and company...but...

this is is an oudy offering, no doubt! You get this very sweet oud vibe at the beginning, that slowly morphs into a oud/tobacco (slightly leathery) and sweet scent. Like tobacco mixed with honey but in no way blended deliciously like in Tobacco Vanille or even Mugler's Pure Havane.

The thing that struck me as curious was that this came off very "designer" to me, I reached for this bottle thinking "oh, black and gold! This is surely going to give Tom Fords private blends a run for its money.." and sad to say, it failed miserably.

Now overall a good fragrance, it just falls short of what I was hoping to be a new/niche powerhouse frag from one of the most respected perfume houses in the world.

I give this an honest 7/10 stars. For the price of this offering, I was left feeling as if i was a little boy being teased with a piece of candy I can only smell but not enjoy.

-HP

K1
K1

Here we have a doomed perfume by every single reviewer and critic. I criticize the responsible bodies behind this. This, I mean the movement which fruit is Santal Royal.

This perfume has a yummy way of oud and sandalwood and is a tribute to Arabian perfume taste which Guerlain, seems, has stubbornly resisted to join but the money Arabs pay would tempt a monk where sandalwoods grow! So with haste Wasser and Guerlain get involve to draw the money in the most profitable time and place, as the house had done by the release of Samsara back in days.

The first impression every time I try Santal Royal is this is not Guerlain. For the sake of whatever you will, which Guerlain perfume smells this cloying?! It is so funny like the final presentation project of a bachelor who prepared it just last night before presentation in school. Totally, unfinished, raw, solid, linear, and…. and quite tempting and promising by appetizing atmosphere added to the opening to charm on.

Guerlian describes "we drew inspiration from the treasure of the east: sandalwood". Let me assure that the treasure of east is not a material of perfumery. It's introversion that west still could not approach unless maestro perfumers as Serge Lutens and Lorenzo Villoresi.

این عطری هست که از هر رویور حرفه ای تو سری خورده. من عاملین این رو محکوم میکنم. منظورم از "این" گرایشی هست که میوۀ اون سانتال رویال هست

این عطر حالتی خوشمزه از عود و چوب سندل داره و معرف ذائقۀ عطر اعراب هست که این روزها شدیدا فراگیر شده و به نظر میرسه که گرلن خیلی داشت خودداری میکرد به این جرگه نپیونده اما پولی که اعراب برای این پروژه میدن زاهد و راهبه رو هم گول میزنه! پس سریعا دست بکار شدن و همونطور که سامسارا تو زمان خودش عمل کرده بود و کل بازار رو به طرف خودش کشیده بود، عطر سانتال رویال رو تو زمان کاملا درست و حساب شده بیرون دادن

هر وقت سانتال رویال رو تست میکنم، اولین حسی که بهم الهام میشه اینه که این عطر گرلن نیست. اصلا شبیه گرلن نیست. تو رو خدا کدوم عطر گرلن اینطور عامی و معمولی هست؟ مثل پروژۀ دانشجویی میمونه که شب قیل از پرزنته آماده شده؛ کامل نشده، خام، خطی... و خیلی اغوا کننده با بوی خوشمزه و آبدار در شروع کار

گرلن میگه: ایدۀ این عطر رو از گنج مشرق زمین؛ چوب سندل؛ گرفتیم. بذار خیالتون رو راحت کنم که گنج مشرق زمین یک ماده نیست که کسی بتونه راحت روش دست بذاره. این گنج "درونگرایی" شرق هست که فقط اربابان بلامنازعۀ عطرسازی مثل سرج لوتنس و لورنزو ویلورسی بهش دست پیدا کردن

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

سلام
رو یه کاغذ تست این عطر رو تست کردم

پس به هیچ وجه روی صحبتای من حساب باز نکنید
توضیحات کامل رو در آینده با تست دقیق روی پوست به اطلاع میرسونم

رایحه ای که از عود متصور بودم در این عطر بسیار لطیف تر و خاص تر بود . تصور نکنید که با یه کار دودی و تلخ مواجهید

جنس چرم به کار رفته در این عطر حالتی مثل توسکان لدر داره
نه این تصور کنید این عطر شبیه توسکان هست . نت چرمش رو عرض میکنم

طرف خواهید بود linearدر کل بعداز مدت زمان کمی، با یه عطر
ترکیبی از چرم و دارچین و عنبر
و روایح چوبی و عود که در مقابل ترکیبات فوق زیاد به چشم نمیاند

به هر کسی که کاغذ رو میدادم در اولین فرصت نام دارچین روبه زبان میاورد
خود من رو یاد شوله زرد میندازه خیلی جالب و خوشمزه هست

عطری جدید با رایحه ای جدید از گرلن که کیفیتی در رقیبانش داره و فقط نیاز به تست داره تا بتونید تصمیم گیری کنید .

برای خرید عطر نیاز به مدت زمان زیادی نیست
همون اول که اسپری کردید تا 80 درصد رایحه کلی عطر رو متوجه خواهید شد .

در کل شیرین و کمی سنگین
و خیلی خوشمزه هست

ماندگاری و پخش بوی بسیار بالایی داره پس به این قضیه اصلا فکر نکنید .

cinderella89
cinderella89

fantastique

smellysmellerson
smellysmellerson

I went to the Guerlain counter yesterday to buy Mon Exclusif. After my purchase I did a little sniffathon with the SA. When I first smelled this I blurted out -"I have this." It took a few more sniffs to realize that it smells exactly like Raghba Classic(not Raghba the 24 dupe)! Both perfumes are absolutely gorgeous, but one of them cost 50 to 70 CAD and the other is $300 or so.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

this lovely fragrance is very good... very strong and commercial..it is absolutely good scent, dark & mysterious Agarwood, erotic.. I love it!
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

MehrSD
MehrSD

I had a decant and after using this lovely fragrance, I found it more flowery rather than woody an oud stuff.
First It opens with oud scent and I can smell amber and musk with the mixture of rose. I found it a bit animalic in the beginning. After 1 hour, the animalic scent disappeared and I can say rose scent is the dominant part. This part remains at least for 3 hours with considerable silage and then The projection descents, so that I can smell it near to my arm length and afterward It remains near to my skin.
As its name is Royal Sanatal, I expected sandalwood and woody scent rather than flowery one, but for sure, It's not that kind of fragrance. I can call it Royal Rose!
I suppose the longevity and silage is great, at least 4 hours with strong silage and another 4 hours with moderate projection.
According to the scent, I think It is more feminine fragerance than masculine one and It suits young peaple more for daily use in both day and night in Spring and Fall. I don't like wearing it in cold Winter and hot Summer.
all in all I like it and I think with regards to the price It is worth buying it.

Scentmad
Scentmad

Oud-fest. LOTS of honey, a small whisper of leather and lots and lots and LOTS of oud.

Nicely blended, not overly rosy as with some ouds but rather underwhelming - and this from a huge fan of all things Guerlain.

There are better ouds (a fragrance style that has been done to death) and there are MUCH better Guerlains.

However I am glad I have it (I am a magpie when it comes to perfume) and will try it again when the weather is cooler as I hope that will bring it's beauty out more favourably.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Wonderful example of how can have creativity in oud base fragrances.
Santal Royal follows the line of Puredistance Black, no doubt. I feel rather the similarity, one oud/rose combo but both well balanced, nothing too medicinal or bitter with spicy nuances.
In Puredistance feel something more opulent, smoky and dark with leather and dry woods, here too but the secret is sandalwood, which softens this combo and gives some creaminess, it´s also dark and less dry, but both are mysterious.
The smoky touch is remarkable but the shuttle appears giving an air spicy honey, some tasty in here, while with leather brings a rich and comfortable feel, intriguing and undoubtedly an excellent Guerlain!

Rating: 8,5/10

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

Flying out of Dubai two days ago I was sprayed with this in the departure Duty Free. Initially dark and gloomy, and really very heavy on the rose (a bit sickly to be honest), it gradually settles - the sandalwood and oud emerge, adding to the richness and making it less brooding. The seven hour flight gave me ample time to savour the development - which was a real pleasure.

This is really typical of Middle East styled scents. They are not necessarily or especially universal in their appeal, but this one projected pleasantly the whole flight. Oud scents vary somewhat, and as far as Santal Royal goes there are others I prefer. I could wear this. But for me it is more evening/formal wear. In fact I would go so far as to say that it would be perfect for evening settings. Equally emphatically this would never form part of my day time considerations.

Check out Pal Zileri Private Collection Essenza di Aoud EdT. Very similar at a fraction the cost.

CDGfan
CDGfan

Utter failure from Guerlain on this one. Do not be fooled by the nice bottle. There is no sandalwood or oud in this fragrance to my nose. Its mainly a fruity tobacco and cinnamon. The drydown is a mess. This is no where as good as the Desert Orient series, which are of sublime quality in particular Songe and Rose Nacree.

serchina
serchina

Royal Santal is something 'different' for the house Guerlain. It is very mysterious and dark, full of spices, heavy cinnamon, honey, rose, oud, sandalwood and tobacco. The lasting power and sillage is extremely good. And it reflects the Orientalism of the East.
But honestly, I was not moved by Royal Santal. Maybe because it is too sweet for my liking or I have smelled too much similar orientals from other houses before, even if it doesn't remind me of a certain fragrance.
Yes, this is definitely worth the money, but only for someone who is really crazy for such strong sweet dark woody spicy orientals.

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

Once again, I am so glad I had the chance to test this. Definitely a oud-fest in a bottle. (Here comes the but now).... Oud doesn't sit well on my skin. It goes incredibly sour, like I have dabbed on malt vinegar. This experience becomes more intense over time so what started out as something spicy and warm, was gone after an hour.

Lesser
Lesser

Through a good acquaintance I got hold of a sample. He himself didn't care for it because he didn't want to fall in love with the scent because of the price tag $$$. I on the other hand was eager to try it out, and I wasn't dissapointed at all. Wow a good fragrance -everything is present in this bottle.

So what do I get out of this fragrance?
It smells like wet bark on an old tree, in a positive way that is. A really sweet sandalwood scent with mild undertones of oud. So balanced that it is astonishing. A very simple scent with slight undertones of hiqh quality incense. It is like it has several layers of sandalwood both aged and fresh. It develops into a sweeter scent with the drydown. WOW. The rest of the ingredient has somehting to say in the fragrance, but thay are just playing along the sandalwood and oud.

The scent really is high quality, and the longevity and silage is mindblowing. I get a good 10-15 hours and it radiates within an arms length. I think that it is an appropiate fragrance for the more mature audience, but to me at 28 years old, I think it suits me quite well.

I don't mind the pricetag if the juice is mindblowing.

Overall Rating: 8/10

/x/

arteditors
arteditors

I have been very lucky to have received a one ml sample. tried it on with two sprays, i am saving it for later as i am in the way of buying it. very sensual, very long lasting, very unique, after all this is what everyone wants. be unique exclusive and so on. it is expensive. definitely not for daily use, unless one is rich. of course with one spray a day and its extremely long lasting sillage and longevity, these attributes make this a well worth bought fragrance, for the night, or for an event if you want to make an entrace 4-5 sprays are imperative. love the sandalwood as it comes and goes with rose and so on. it is an eau de parfum, means it is square deep and the middle notes are prominent. definitely eau de parfum does not equate enormous sillage or very good longevity, but in this case with a skin like mine which devours perfumes which after a couple of hours are gone, this has lived to the habit rouge's expectations, its longevity and sillage.

so sorry it got ambiguous reviews, well it shouldn't have. if there is one thing i have learned from the internet, it takes one review to start having the same story recycled just paraphrased. one good or bad review then gets copy pasted and goes on and on. it is a good piece of work and it comes from someone (me) who is not a great thierry wasser admirer. if you find santal royal expensive then go to habit rouge, they are both oriental might not be identical but they do have the same effect. people question the perfume. not for the average person. you need to support these perfumes with personality.

update

I now own it. this is the perfume. one puts this to feel good, feel refreshed or make an impression and the perfume should last with good sillage. it's an all rounder. arabs know their perfumes and i see this as being both suitable for the winter and summer alike, for different puproses. i woke up today opened the black carton, removed the cap. smelled it without spraying it. big smile because it gave me an uplift a joy and optimism. sandalwood rose and many other things, if you dare then wear...

ibrahimzen
ibrahimzen

Too sweet for me. I mean the sweetness that makes it smell a bit cheap.

It might be not my type of scent anyway, you should smell a sample of it before making up your mind.

I smelled it three times, but it didn't capture my heart.

Q80
Q80

it's quite dark and creamy, the cinnamon used here is the sticks and blended slightly and kept as junks to leave it's dust harsh and fresh in away that if they mixed it with Agarwood it'll make a dusty dunes of gold. the creamy note is quite tough that it gives the impression of wet black leather, or latex sheets soaked in moisturizer cream mixed with tobacco ashes. the roses are quite thin so as the neroli but both are there to give that dust a robust strength. the amber used is the ambergris, and also thinned up in order to make the agarwood takes the lead. it's creamy at optimum and quite strong, i can mention it as having a slight Arabian stamp yes in a french twist which makes it unique.

Guerlain are progressing quite well in their new creations. not surprised cause they are respectfully good. well done.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

You can always count on Guerlain for producing some unique fragrances. They often set the trend, or take the trend in a new direction.

Santal Royal has a familiar concept, it's an oriental Oud fragrance. However, if you think that Oud/Rose combo is what's you'll find here, think again.

Santal Royal opens green/spicy. Very distinct and very new to me. After some time it develops to a woody oriental fragrance that has the sandalwood as a main ingredient backed by some Oud/leather and a hint of rose.

The final result is a very powerful combination of these notes that is unique and wonderful. Another good job from Guerlain. 8.5/10

Plus the packaging and the bottle are amazing as always.

velb95
velb95

It's a great perfume and I'm so happy I've got it as a special gift from Guerlain Harrods with the order of another 2 fabulous Guerlain perfumes this October in Harrods Guerlain boutique in the 6-th floor.

Madame-Ambergris
Madame-Ambergris

This exclusive creation from Guerlain for Harrods' Salon de Parfums comes in a stunning bottle. Thierry Wasser has revisited the Oud / Rose combination. Once the initial bloom of rose / lily of the valley has evaporated, a deep leathery/ oud accord develops with tar / tobacco undertones. This is a powerful fragrance which will last for long on the skin. The dry down has an animalic feel which can be a little overpowering but as with any OUD fragrances, this is a matter of personal taste.

Amarah
Amarah

Santal Royal is absolutely my kind of scent, dark & mysterious Agarwood, erotic honeyed Rose and sexy clean handbag type of Leather all sprinkled with a generous amount of Cinammon and perfectly blended with soaked blonde Tobacco leaves. It's not your typical Oud & Rose combo for once, it's a new take on Oud. It's a little dry and a little dusty, like an old Middle Eastern book that hasn't been opened in years. This can easily be an Amouage fragrance I reckon. The lasting power is excellent and it projects really well, you can say it's a heavy one. This is my typical scent with all of my favourite ingredients bottled into one perfect mix, I absolutely love it!.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Right after the launch of "Un Homme Ideal", Guerlain launches a very strong and commercial (this is a compliment here) bi-sexual oud-based fragrance.

The initial hit is formed by the fruity, jasmine-esque, wet and juicy floral of the neroli that is amazing.

I also get an almond-amaretto hit, if not even a slight cherry-like burst, reminiscent of the adorable "Mon Cheri" chocolates that were THE romantic gift from a lover in the 80ies/ 90ies on the continent.

What follows is a beautiful dark rose on a bed of cinnamon, leather, amber, musk.

The foundation of course is the Sandalwood and the Oud, which will leave you with a bit of a dry tickle in the throat (which is my only criticism of this scent).

Generally very linear after the first hit of neroli-amaretto-cherry-rose fades into the background after about 20 to 30 minutes.

Thierry Wasser: I bow my hat for you! You did it again! A beautiful modern Oriental Guerlain Oud.

9.5/10 (if only there wasn't this tickle and that linear development)

Jafer
Jafer

sound very arabic Warm and intimate think fits cold nights in Paris to revive the top magic blending East and West. Always fascinates me gurlaine