Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Shalimar Eau de Parfum 2009 Guerlain for women

Shalimar Eau de Parfum 2009 Guerlain for women
dislike

Shalimar Eau de Parfum 2009 Guerlain for women Pictures Shalimar Eau de Parfum 2009 Guerlain for women Pictures

Guerlain introduced two variants of their classic fragrance, Shalimar, produced back in 1952, this spring. These are sensual reinterpretations of the original perfume, decorated with elegant flowers and beautiful applications on the flacons. Dark and light Shalimar, fragrances for day and evening, will be available from spring 2009, as EDT and EDP, with opulent, dominant vanilla accords in both editions.

Shalimar Eau de Parfum encompasses bergamot, jasmine, iris and rose, joining already mentioned vanilla in a base. The fragrances are available in flacons of 75 ml as limited editions for 2009.

Bergamot

Ligea la Sirena

Shalimar Eau de Parfum 2009 Fragrance Reviews

jimmorrison
jimmorrison

Just bought first bottle of Shalimar and have fallen in love with it. If you like a blast of heavy Indian scent changing to a beautiful powder like smell which lasts for hours this is the one. Sprayed it on about 5 hours ago and I can still smell it. Gorgeous Perfume

PurpleIris49
PurpleIris49

I just bought a bottle of this online, and it smells medicinal and metallic. The bottle is new, so not the same version as shown in the photo. I keep trying to find something that smells like the original Shalimar, and Initial comes close, but doesn't last as long. If you are purchasing a more recent bottle of Shalimar, I recommend you try it at a department store before buying it online. I truly don't like it.

Heavensent3
Heavensent3

I have loved this perfume for many years now....delighted when I discovered it in USA...when I met my husband to be in England I was wearing a fragrance that had the same lovely fragrance...it was called Pagan, by Lentheric.

deadidol
deadidol

Shalimar is usually instantly recognizable; a cavalcade of notes that somehow manage to synchronize perfectly. But versions of this scent tend to vary quite a bit, and in this particular one there’s a medicinal, metallic effect that cuts through the standard citrus to meet with a powdery vanilla, producing what I'd describe as redolent of effervescent candy. It reminds me a little bit of sherbet lemons—the same candied sweetness that walks a fine line between sour and sugary, only here the sour notes are rendered in a more industrial, disinfectant style.

What’s strange about this version, though, is that it doesn’t bear much of a connection to the Shalimar that I’m more familiar with—that civet-y, marzipan-style scent that’s top loaded with crisp citrus notes. This version is gaunt by comparison, and seems to veer more towards clinical sterility than confection. I don’t dislike it (I actually don’t like Shalimar very much, so this might even be a step-up for me), but I’m not entirely clear what its aiming for or how this version wandered so far away from the original fragrance.

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

Bug spray, vanilla, and powder. This is a disappointment. Sorry guys, but this isn't at ALL what it is cracked up to be.

schamberae
schamberae

I finally smell this perfume, and exactly smells like the original Johnson baby powder. nothing else.

maria-swe
maria-swe

It's the same scent as the regular shalimar edp.. it's just in a limited edition bottle =)

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

This is definitely the prettiest perfume bottle I have ever seen!! simply gorgeous. Not to mention that the fragrance inside is such a classic oriental - gourmant. A must for all of you fragranistas out there ;)

Grazia
Grazia

The fragrance is astringent, sweet, spicy, elegant and classy, for evening application.

cora
cora

This is a slightly different from the day version, but in my opinion, not so nice. it did not stay for a long time on my skin as the Light Shalimar, which i , personally, absolutely jadore!

Shalimar Eau de Parfum 2009 by Guerlain 4.25 out of 5 based on 65 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Shalimar Eau de Parfum 2009 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Shalimar Eau de Parfum 2009, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Shalimar Eau de Parfum 2009 by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Shalimar Eau de Parfum 2009 by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.