Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Shalimar Fourreau du Soir Guerlain for women

Shalimar Fourreau du Soir Guerlain for women
dislike

Shalimar Fourreau du Soir Guerlain for women Pictures

Shalimar Fourreau du Soir is a limited edition for 2011, made in honor of the legendary perfume.

Top notes : lemon and bergamot. Heart: jasmine and May rose. Base: tonka, incense, iris, vanilla and opopanaks.

The fragrance comes in a bottle covered in lace as 50 ml EDP.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon

Jasmine Rose

iris Opoponax Incense Tonka Bean Vanille

Shalimar Fourreau du Soir Fragrance Reviews

LOVE GUERLAIN
LOVE GUERLAIN

It smells exactly like the regular shalimar EDP... You can still find few ones at Boutique Guerlain in Montreal!

Izumee
Izumee

This is IDENTICAL to original shalimar, however it is NOT the exact same as original shalimar ( i would dare to bet my life on it, im soo suree). Im not imagining it to be different because its on different bottle or packaging...theres a difference, INDEED. This one is more balsamic, more oriental in a way, i like this one better than original because i never really get along well with leather note (bvlgari black, gres cabochard, etc), the original shalimar is leather bomb at the beginning.... But this version temper down that leathery note by infusing that oriental balsamic aura i wrote previously. U have to test both of them at the same time to recognize the different i think ( with good amount of coffee beans too i guess?) I cant believe anyone cant feel theres any difference between fourreau du soir and original... Okay, its not very apparent, but it is different. The dry down is even more identical between these 2,imo. And personally i would prefer this one than the original due to the strong leather note.... GOOD LUCK!(both of them still-are verrryyy gooooooodd perfumes anyway!)

Colomb!na
Colomb!na

After hearing different stories about this perfume: is it a flanker or the original eau de parfum, I decided to ask Guerlain. Here's what they replied:

J'ai le plaisir de vous informer que SHALIMAR fourreau du soir (édition limitée 2011) se pare de dentelle chantilly noire et d’une ceinture au nœud de cuir noir, sur le flacon, intensément glamour. En revanche, je vous précise que la fragrance reste identique à l'Eau de Parfum SHALIMAR.

translated:
'It is my pleasure to inform you that Shalimar Fourreau du Soir (limited edition 2011) is covered with black lace and a black leather belt with a bow, very glamorous. The perfume however is the same as the eau de Parfum Shalimar.'

FairyDust
FairyDust

This is not the same as the current formulation of Shalimar edp as some have stated below. And it certainly is not the consumer's imagination that detects a difference between Shalimar original and Fourreau du Soir. You only need a nose to smell the difference. Stated simply, Fourreau du Soir and Shalimar edp original smell different from each other because they ARE different from each other. The nose never lies. Of course there is some similarity between the original and this flanker, as always is the case, but that doesn't mean they are the same.

The misconception that Fourreau du Soir is the same as the current Shalimar edp was created by some bloggers, not Guerlain. To clarify: Guerlain's website stated Fourreau du Soir was a new, and thus different, perfume on their website when I purchased it, otherwise I would have passed. Since I have both the original Shalimar edp, and FdS, I can confirm that there is a difference between the two. This is also confirmed by my husband who had no idea what he was smelling when I tested these on him.

A caramel note used to be listed here, but it isn't anymore. My husband and I both detect caramel which is molten and lovely in FdS and, along with the sandalwood, (also not listed) make this a haunting combination. I love the incense and opopanax which work together in this formulation to achieve a comforting smoothness not found in original, therefore, I find myself always reaching for this one.

I much prefer this one to the original and so does my husband. We both detect a chocolate note that is also not listed here. This is warm, comforting, sexy, and alluring. The laced bottle is just beautiful in the contrast with the sapphire lid. Love it!

calyx93
calyx93

FYI , this EDP is the same shalimar as what is contained in the regular flacons. guerlain has stated this and it is common knowledge.

any perceived differences are a result of the consumer's imagination.

crescentsho
crescentsho

You can find it easily in Jakarta. ask the salesperson,they will not show it if you don't ask.

I get more balsamic note from this version, less vanilla and less animalic than the original but still very nice.The bottle is very beautiful.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

I would love this one but its not available, to avoid heartbreak I will try not to care.

VERY NICE

born for shalimar
born for shalimar

It's on its way from over the seas.yes it's rare but where there's a will there's a way.can't wait to lay out the red carpet.

anettelove
anettelove

OMG...The opening...a much softer citrus, perhaps the mandarin orange somehow fazes out the lemon accord), is lovely and fresh. But it doesn't last long at all, until a wisp of vanilla pushes through. I detect the iris, and patchouli, but couldn't really pick out much jasmine or rose for that matter. But that's fine with me, because at this stage I'm smiling and feeling oh so happy! I'm enjoying sniffing this lovely blend, when all of a sudden..the most lovely and gracious vanilla emerges! Wow, what a beautiful vanilla! It may even be the end of my quest, for the perfect vanilla! I detect just a slight dash of incense, and musk. Not overdone, nothing about this fabulous blend is overdone. It all merges together so softly, but leaves you stunned by the beauty of the whole thing. Oh yes, I 'm thinking ...Nights in white satin, playing in the background.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I have to have this!!! Please can someone tell me where I can get it?

delara
delara

PURE BLISS !

Bettany87
Bettany87

Unmistakably Shalimar in all its grandeur. Exotic bottle adorned with leather and lace with an equally exotic juice within. It's supposed to be the same juice as the original but I found this blend more exciting.

The initial spray accords a deep and dreamy sensation ... I get the strong aromatic incense mingling with the slightly sweet tonka and opoponax giving this that full on oriental flair. On my skin, the bergamot is almost non-existent. The vanilla is pushed in the background at this time but definitely trying to make its presence known. As minutes pass by, the potent scent has evolved into a luscious blend of creamy vanilla and smokey incense with just a touch of full-bodied sweetness.

Well blended with no sharp edges, just gorgeous curves. Shalimar ... sensual, alluring, captivating.

lissabonne
lissabonne

I wore this recently during a visit to the dentist. While waiting, a guy arrived and sat next to me. He looked like he needed a bath, shower, the lot. Thanks to Shalimar, my nose did not pick up any of his "scent".
I was well protected... and remained so for a long time!

Trvevil
Trvevil

Lovely, very lovely. Creamy bergamoty opening. Powdery smooth iris and vanilla with incense. This is so perfect and balanced. I have to have it. It's sillage is extra luxurios, thick and sensual. Though this limited edition ofcourse is similar to other versions, but damn, it's great!

jannalev
jannalev

It is so balanced! I have a thing about vanilla. To be honest I hate it, becuse in five mnutes I can smell nothing but vanilla on me, quite annoying. That's why I can't wear Jicky, which I love for the fifteen first minutes, but then - total disaster. Anyway,my point is that Fourreau de Soir is sooo well blended that I don't smell it at all. Just a hint of sweetness, which is more incense and tonka bean. It also has a very distinct pepperish note on me, which I guess is the combination of opoponax, lime skin and maybe powder. It's a true Guerlain! And the bottle is absolutely gorgeous;)

mylancome

OMG! After wearing this for a period, it turns out so familiar with Maison Francis Kurkdjian Pour Le Soir!! No wonder I smell something familiar. And the worst is, it doesn't last long like the original Shalimar EDP, WTH!! I give you 2 - 4 hours lasting power.

mylancome

After bought this version Shalimar home and comparing with Shalimar Initial, found out the Classic smells like burn leather while the Initial like sour bergamot and a little bit sweet.

So which one you like? For me I love Initial more.

Update: After 2 days remove the bottle from the box, stored in my cabinet, I gave a little splitz on both my inner arm and sniff it while online, the burnt leather smell turns out to be tonka bean. To be exact is tonka bean mixed with vanilla as basenotes with citrus on the top note. Less sweet. I love Classic Shalimar EDP.

schon dayana
schon dayana

I bought a shalimar about a year ago in singapore,the one with the black ribbon at the cap. its too lemonee. i just bought this one in KLCC and it smell different. i think all the different version will have slightly different smell. but i hate the one i bought in takashimaya singapore and i love this new 2011 version because its the same with shalimar that i like.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Shalimar Fourreau du soir le nouveau "must have"...
Poudré, vanillé et toujours la "guerlinade" qui fait que l'on reconnait Guerlain parmi tous les parfums du Monde...

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

sick bottle. I would buy it just for that! But at the same time Im sure it smells wonderful just like any other Shalimar so I probably will buy it...ahh im excited ;)

Nicole79
Nicole79

OMG....the bottle is to die for!!!!!!! i wish i had it! :(

Shalimar Fourreau du Soir by Guerlain 4.71 out of 5 based on 55 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Shalimar Fourreau du Soir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Shalimar Fourreau du Soir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Shalimar Fourreau du Soir by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Shalimar Fourreau du Soir by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.