Designers » F-H » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

dislike

smoky
leather
Shalimar Oiseau de Paradis Guerlain for women Pictures

Jacques Guerlain’s ground-breaking, 1925 fragrance creation marked the first oriental scent in modern perfume making and heralded the greatest love story of all time. Shalimar is a symbol of the passionate love that the Indian Emperor Shah Jahan bore for his wife Muntaz Mahal. At her feet, he laid out a carpet of extraordinary flowers: the sumptuous Shalimar Gardens. Clear springs were said to run through the heart of these gardens while fountains hummed, filling basins and fountain bowls with the crystalline murmur of water.

It is also told that a pair of birds of paradise with magnificent plumage were the day-and-night guardians of a love potion – Eau de Parfum Shalimar – in these gardens.

With jealous secrecy the pair guards the fragrant essence of this eternal love story. Between floral and amber notes, it comes to life in the freshness of flowers, delicately powdered by iris and intoxicated with jasmine and rose, before giving into the suave softness of vanilla and the delectability of tonka bean.

Guerlain has imagined a legendary décor to accompany the new opus of Eau de Parfum Shalimar. The slender silhouette of the perfume’s two guardian angels throws a matte shadow outline against the night-blue backdrop of the box, illuminated by the gentle shimmer of the golden logo. The bottle’s feminine shoulders appear bathed in glossy moonlight, wearing a sophisticated silk feather draping around the neck, held in place by a blue satin ribbon. The Oiseau de Paradis signature is inscribed in golden ink with light, slender handwriting, resembling the creatures that have inspired it. A sort of invitation to a mirage, in which dreams could take flight into the evening light, rising towards other tales that Shalimar may soon whisper to us in our sleep…

Guerlain Shalimar Oiseau de Paradis is a new edition of Shalimar available as 50 ml EDP. Shalimar Oiseau de Paradis was launched in 2009.

Citruses Mandarin Orange Cedar Bergamot Lemon

iris Patchouli Jasmine Vetiver Rose

Leather Sandalwood Opoponax Musk Civet Vanilla Incense

Shalimar Oiseau de Paradis Fragrance Reviews

calyx93
calyx93

This is Shalimar EDP in a more decorative flacon - not a flanker/new scent.

Suzanne 0330
Suzanne 0330

it's a powdery floral soapy smell, like chantilly
it is only fo the ladies or chic woman, luxurious, incredibly sensual and intense,
it's a shot of youth and maturity ( two quality rarely collected ! )
Lemon goes fast enough that it does not bother
the skonky I also feel it is perfect !
I am beginner in perfumes, I can not say more,
but I wear it almost every day.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I tried this perfume today and I must say that I didn't paticulary like the citrusy and slightly soapy opening,
However once the top notes fade away it turns into a nice,spicy and rather sexy scent.
I must say that I am absolutley inlove with the dry down the leather,vanilla and incense blends perfectly.

So I think that this is a really high quality perfume,that's just perfect for a night out.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I'm comparing this to Jicky and Bal a Versailles. If you like Jicky's citrusy opening, but find the drydown a bit unsettling; and if Bal a Versailles feels a little stale, then insert jackpot sound here...

I have to say I impressed myself, I took a sniff of this at Nordies and said 'I"m sure this has civet in it!!!' None of the sales agents could verify, but yes, I was right!!

Here's what I think you'll like: this is the most wearable 'skanky' scent I've found. the opening is refreshing, but the drydown is actually something you'd want to spend time with. Iris floats about (which I love), and maybe that is what prevents this from hitting the 'powdered panties' pyle.

This is another fantastic, high quality fragrance that Guerlain slipped onto the shelves. I highly recommend it :-)

Shalimar Oiseau de Paradis by Guerlain 4.66 out of 5 based on 37 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Shalimar Oiseau de Paradis fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Shalimar Oiseau de Paradis, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Shalimar Oiseau de Paradis by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Shalimar Oiseau de Paradis by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.