Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Shalimar Souffle de Parfum Guerlain for women

Shalimar Souffle de Parfum Guerlain for women
dislike

Shalimar Souffle de Parfum Guerlain for women Pictures Shalimar Souffle de Parfum Guerlain for women Pictures

Guerlain launches Shalimar Souffle de Parfum as a new interpretation of the classic oriental fragrance Shalimar from 1925, or, better to say, its modern version. Perfumer Thierry Wasser gave a new breath to this legendary scent through a sensual, sparkling and precious interpretation Shalimar Souffle de Parfum that comes in a blue bottle.

The scent is a delicate floral oriental. It opens with fresh and light citrus aromas of lemon, bergamot and mandarin. Indian Sambac jasmine and orange blossom water absolute make its sparkling floral heart. Vanilla from Tahiti and from India form the base together with white musk.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. Shalimar Souffle de Parfum was launched in 2014.

Bergamot Lemon Mandarin Orange

Shalimar Cologne

Shalimar Souffle de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

auroramaria
auroramaria

Beautiful fragrance! So softly sweet and creamy it leaves a lovely trail however something should be done for longevity as it is very fleeting.
It is like wearing a weak EDT and it's a shame cause it smells so good but I have to spray a few times during the day to have a moderate longevity

olga_adriana
olga_adriana

The first time I smelled this I thought it was just a like. I tried it again tomorrow and now it's a big LOVE. It's like a beautiful cloud of lemon - meringue vanilla goodness. the shalimar base is there but this is a lighter, more heavenly, scrumptious version. you just have to try!!

tandaina
tandaina

Finally! A Shalimar I can wear! A Shalimar that doesn't turn into a powdery mess on my wrist! It's warm, citrus, vanilla, floral. Classy and lovely without that horrific POWDER Shalimar is so destroyed by. :) :) :) This is almost gourmand on me. *Almost* lemon pie but not quite. Lovely, will be buying a bottle immediatley.

mapache
mapache

Just received this. It is truly mist/cloud like, but also i get the "vanilla cake" vibe that other reviewers mentioned. It goes thru subtle changes on my skin. I get light vanilla..then..jasmine enters the picture..then back to vanilla cake....oddly enough, I find it a tad "green" on me...???....but that is just fine. Souffle is an appropriate name for this for sure. It seems to fade away..then returns to remind me that..."Oh, don't worry, I am still here with you!" I find that this occurs with some of the other Shalimar flankers too...which I find a good thing!!! I do prefer Parfum Initial and L'Eau more, but this is a comforting addition to my collection.
My next purchase in Guerlain will be Eau de Shalimar.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

A gift from a friend. I'm not a hardcore fan of Shalimar and wear it very infrequently. It can turn way too citric and lemony like men's aftershaves. But this is different. This is a delicious vanilla soufflé dessert or vanilla cake. There's not one but two notes of vanilla. All the other Shalimars are vanillic but not as sweetly vanillic as this one. The vanilla is the most delicious on this fragrance. It's such a perfect vanilla not realistic just powdery and perfumy and also gourmand. The citrus is there but on me this was a more delicious smaller mandarin. I think it's been discontinued ? Thanks Kent for this gift. I will wear it with pleasure.

IrisLily

I have reviewed this recently, but I fall more in love with it each time I wear it. Wore it to bed and when I woke up in the night I awoke to feeling enveloped by a fluffy, lemony, light vanilla cloud of deliciousness. It hung in the air around me as if I was sleeping on a cloud of airy sweetness. It has been the best blind buy I have made thus far...every good thing you hope for while waiting on a new unsniffed bottle to arrive in the mail.

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

This perfume is instantly likeable on first spray-it's not challenging like many Guerlains and I'm fine with that! It's nice sometimes to not have to 'learn' to love a scent!

This isn't Shalimar, but I do sense a tiny bit of it's DNA here. It's very subtle, so I can see why the 'hardcores' might not instantly agree with this pefume.

This doesn't read as 'souffle' to me-I think 'a mist' or 'a rain' would be more appropriate (hence the blue color). To me it has a very aquatic quality but not like traditional aquatic notes (which I generally dislike) but more of a pure sparkling spring if that makes sense. It has a 'wetness' to it. I can't be the only one that senses this? So in essense it feels like a white floral, slightly vanilla'd, aquatic frangrance to me. I really like it alot.

[email protected]
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

Α beautiful rich buttery powdery vanilla parfume which unfortunately does not last long. Different from Shalimar. i love it so much so i will buy another one when this ends. but... but. i want to smell this beauty constantly on me. do something with longevity please. :(

ایکاروس
ایکاروس

شالیمار سوفل..
سوفل در فرانسوی به معنای نفس هستش و در پزشکی ما به صداهای قلبی اضافه میگیم که پاتوگنومونیک هستن و نشان از عارضه ای در قلب دارن. حقا که به یقین معنی دوم لایق این کار و لایق تیری ویسر و لایق گرلن هست. جسم بیمار گرلن رو کاملا در ابن کار میشه دید .همیشه برام سوال بود که گرلن چطور میتونه به پایان راه نزدیک و نزدیک تر بشه و کم کم دارم پاسخم رو میگیرم .
گرلن روی آورده به مال مارکتینگ آمریکایی. شما اگر بخواید مشتری رو بکشید داخل مغازه چه کار میکنید؟ بهترین اجناستون رو توی ویترین قرار میدید یا ارزان ترین اجناستون رو؟؟ اگر کمی هوشمند باشید ارزان ترین ها رو باید داخل ویترین قرار بدید. چرا که میدونید در این اوضاع رکود اقتصادی " برچسب قیمت پایین" از برچسب کیفیت بالا مشتری بیشتری رو جذب میکنه. شما باید فقط تلاش کنید مشتری رو بکشونید داخل مغازه. اونجا میتونید با شگردهای مختلف خرید گران تری رو به او تحمیل کنید. گرلن به این سیتم تن داده. استفاده از فلنکرهای نامرتبط و بی اصالت برای جذب مشتری و کشوندن او به داخل مجموعه گرلن. اما خب حداقل انتظار میره این فلنکرها بتونن از پس رضایتمندی مخاطب بر بیان.
شالیمار اصلی رو من رفرنس وانیل در دنیا میدونم. کما اینکه در نشست ها و دورهمی هایی که در ایران با دوستان عطرباز داشتیم (که تعدادی از دوستان عطرافشانی هم در اونها حضور داشتن) شالیمار همیشه جزو جدایی ناپذیر برای آموزش وانیل بود.
به طور خلاصه سوفل نسخه ای بسیار جوان تر، گورماند تر و بسیار بی استخوان تری از مادرش هست.
رویوی کارای ضعیف حوصله آدمو سر میبره. ادعا شده که در این کار از ترکیب وانیل ایندین و هائیتی استفاده شده. باید بگم هرگز . ترکیبی سنتتیک و فنول-آلدهیدیک از وانیل در کنار ترکیبی گایاکولیک که از نیتروگلسیریک بنزن و آلفا انیسیدین مشتق میشه. که سعی میکنن بوی گورماند کیک و فرنی مانندی رو ایجاد کنن.
شروع کار با بویی اوزونی-سیتروسی-فرش و خنکی از ماندارین و لیمو هست که بواسطه ترنج تند تر و ترش تر به نظر میرسن اما این تندی خیلی زود بواسطه ی جاسمین شیرین و اینسنسی و کاراملی گونه ( جاسمین عربی ) جایگزین میشه و نوید یه عطر خیلی مفرح و عالی رو میده اما وانیل اینکار که حدودا یک ربع بعد شروع به نفس کشیدن میکنه کار رو خراب میکنه. اگر این سبک بوها رو کم تر تجربه کرده باشین احتمالا همون لحظه دست به جیب میبرید و میخرینش.
نقد تند من بیشتر از همه چیز متوجه سیاست جدید گرلن هست تا خود عطر. هرچند که مشکل جدی با وانیل این کار دارم.
اما آیا همه اینها به معنای اینه که بوی خوبی نداره؟ خیر. اتفاقا ممکنه بشه ساینچر سنت شما. ولی خب اینها نوشته شد برای اینکه گرلن بدون اصطکاک نتونه مارکتینگ عوام فریب خودش رو اینقدر راحت لانچ کنه. خجالت آوره. فلنکرهای بی هویت و نامرتبطی که با تغییرات سنتتیک (که منجر به هزینه ی کمتر در تولید میشه) به مدد اسم و آبروی اجدادشون دارن میفروشن. گرلن هرگز اینقدر وقیح و فریبکار نبوده در هیچ دوره ای. کاری که ایسی میاکی هم در پیش گرفته .
پخش بوی متوسط و ماندگاری خوبی داره.
من معمولا زیر محصولاتی که ازشون خوشم نمیاد رویو نمینویسم چون اینجا یک فروشگاه هم هست. ولی این قبیل فریبکاری هلدینگ ها و برندها باید باهاش مقابله بشه. شالیمارِ نسخه اصلی رو دیسکانتینیو میکنن و بعد بدون هیچ مخارج اضافه ای (اعم از هزینه اینستالیشن و طراحی شیشه، بسته بندی ، و یا فرمولاسیون جدید و یا لانچ و تبلیغات چشمگیر) مدام از نسخه های اصلی کم و زیاد میکنن و تحت همون اسامی تحویل مشتری میدن

IrisLily

Fluffy, cloud-like, what I think the color blue would smell like. It makes me happy to surround myself with it.

crystalmarionette
crystalmarionette

I actually tried this on my skin yesterday for the first time. To me, it seemed as if every note but the vanilla was clamoring for attention till the drydown. It took at least two hours to reach the drydown and when it did, it was my absolute favourite type: lovely vanilla with a very slight touch of white florals. Projection is light enough for daily wear. I'm quite tempted to get this for myself.

On the note of longevity, I'm not sure if my skin has gone through some strange transformation but this is the second perfume this week that has managed to stay on my very dry skin this week for over 18 hours. I have no idea what happened here or if the formulation of the perfume has something to do with it

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

This is really hard to describe. I can smell the vanilla, but I don't smell citrus at all. It's a heavy scent, but I don't know what is making it heavy. I smell maybe the teensiest bit of patchouli, and I usually hate patchouli, but I like this. I think I smell a praline note in there too. However, this perfume is not as sweet as you'd think. It's nice, but not a revelation.

Feli15
Feli15

I could swear this has patchouli in the drydown. To me it is closer in character to Habit Rouge than Shalimar, but they do share that citrus powdery vanilla accord. I wish they named it differently.

Either way, despite being modernised classic, it is not that light and 'clean' as the name suggests. It's a rather heavy but not oppressive cloud of pure joy, comfort and elegance.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Even if you already own Shalimar Eau De Parfum or Eau de Toilette this one is a delightful addition to the Shalimar Fragrance collection. I love the bottle with the midnight blue color. The fragrance is essentially the same opening as all the Shalimars with that fresh blast of citrus. It's got more lemon than anything else, absolutely unisex and a tad like a man's after shave. Once the citric notes dissipate, the smoky vanilla is apparent. It's spicy and like a dark chocolate soufflé hence it's moniker. This is lovely probably not necessary because it's like Shalimar but spicier, but I love it. I don't care how much money I end up spending on fragrances when it's worth having such beautiful fragrances in my life.

Miripiri
Miripiri

I tried this today on my wrist. In the beginning the only thing I detected was the mandarine note. Now that it has settled it reminds me of Chanel Allure Sensuelle only a bit lighter and less spicy. Very beautiful.

Solar Girl
Solar Girl

Warm fluffy cloud of soft musky powder.
Quite different from Shalimar and PI.
Who didn't like the sharpness and vintage vibe in the orginal and PI, and likes soft and warm scents, this one is a winner.

Feels like floating on a big cloud of powdery vanilla. So cozy. Souffle is the perfect name for everything this perfume is. Fluffiness on square.

I love it.

Alyxyla
Alyxyla

I must be the type of woman this perfume was designed for. Late-20s and just starting to explore more interesting perfumes beyond my signatures (D&G Light Blue and Armani Code). I appreciate vintage, but have a modern aesthetic and believe in subtlety for all forms of fashion.

I went to the fragrance counter with the intent of trying Shalimar, curious about how a fragrance that is still popular nearly a century after it was created would feel. I was given cards sprayed with Shalimar EDP and Souffle. To me the Shalimar reeked of baby powder, while the Souffle smelled pleasant, so I decided to try wearing it.

Souffle is light, sweet, elegant and comfortable. I want to wear it to the ballet, and gallery openings, and dinner with friends. As a floriental similar to Armani Code, it was easy for me to like. But while Code is a darker, sensual scent, Souffle is an lighter, elegant scent. I'm in love.

I think I'll wait a while longer for my nose to get more accustomed to classic fragrances before trying Shalimar.

Can't say it reminds me of Hypnose, which is all about vanilla...maybe in a very very distant way!? This is utterly feminine, sorry, not unisex the least bit!!! Very Guerlain in a soft delicate way, quality ingredients, great bottle....dreamy scent!!!

Molko

@mrjohn12, yeah, it's cool and not occasional for sure:)

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

Molko,

I was just thinking the other day when I wore it that it reminds me of Hypnose. So today I smelled Hypnose again and it's much spicier, more powdery whereas this one is like a fluffy lemon cloud. How funny that it reminded someone else, though...

Molko

I smelled today just on the paper, weird but I feel like Lancome Hypnose, vanilla and jasmine flower, anyone else? It doesn't smell like the original Shalimar, strong, bold, feminine, sweet, not bad, but I don't like Hypnose...

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

I'm an angel resting upon marshmallow clouds, soft, pillowy and feather-light. They taste like lemon sweets. And there the magic ends abruptly and becomes very flat on the dry-down, unfortunately.

Shalimar Souffle or "Breath of Shalimar" is a perfume that I'd group with D&G's Pour Femme. Not because they smell alike, but because they are both warm, comforting and feminine gourmand scents, that are also elegant and sophisticated.

I also think that this is another fragrance that should've been released underneath an entirely new name (this is also what I felt after testing YSL's Black Opium). Both are gorgeous scents, but they don't have much to do with the original. This does have Guerlain DNA in it, though. It's very dense, expensive-smelling and has the signature Guerlainade, which, to be fair, doesn't really agree with me. I didn't get any fizz from the citrus, and generally speaking vanilla and citrus aren't my skin's favourite notes. This would really blossom on somebody who is the opposite to me.

Longevity is for about 3-4 hours; sillage with this is strong to moderate. As I wafted though the room someone asked me to vacate, calling the perfume "very strong". I thought that it had worn off me, which means that my nose became accustomed to the smell quickly, so be aware of that. Oh, and another positive: men enjoy it ;)

Bruno57
Bruno57

I don't understand the name Shalimar. It's so not a Shalimar at all ! But what a beautiful scent...
It's light, pretty, soft and sparkling like a cologne. Very unisex

jacmac
jacmac

This is the crowd pleasing, much more wearable distant cousin to the original Shalimar. It's still intense enough to share the name Shalimar, with a rich and sultry citrus with warm spice opening, almost like a lemon marmalade but not too sweet - the musk and bergamot are there from the beginning to keep it grounded. Then the vanilla comes from underneath, and like the original Shalimar, it's the musky, luxurious, grown-up vanilla that lingers for over 12 hours on me. It's missing the pungent incense and leather of the original Shalimar, but this has a less "challenging" opening for the ladies who find the original Shalimar too intimidating to wear. This is a gorgeous fragrance for fall/winter, a night out, or to the office if you wear a nice pencil skirt and some seriously badass stilettos.

I feel the need to defend this Shalimar flanker against the purists. I have a LOT of love for the original Shalimar, but she doesn't love me back. I've tried the Shalimar EDP and EDT and they both turn sickly sweet on me after the initial bang of spice and incense. The rest of the day is a cloying, baby powder vanilla that is syrupy sweet. My husband even commented, "that's too sweet. Not sexy enough. Needs more musk or wood or something." This is where Souffle works MUCH better on me - the white musk keeps the Vanilla from going syrupy on me, but that's my chemistry I guess. Stop bashing this beautiful creation, and give her kudos for what she is. She is the White Musk Shalimar to make it simple. I've tried the other flankers and found them too floral (Parfum Initial) or key lime pie (Eau de Shalimar). This one may become a signature scent for me, and the longevity is 12-15 hours minimum. Fabulous!

andalucia lover
andalucia lover

As I get older, I like to try classic, mature and elegant fragrances like Shalimar. However as much as I like the idea of the classics, I don't consider most of them very wearable. The original Shalimar is meant to be noticed, the sillage and longevity is absolutely overwhelming---nothing is less attractive than giving your loved ones headaches because of the perfume bomb you're wearing.
I think that our contemporary tastes in perfume have changed. I love perfume and I wear it everyday but it's not meant to overwhelm; people are to notice if they sit beside you or if you stand close to them. Today's challenge for perfume is to be long lasting and moderate sillage. I know that if I wore Shalimar, you could not hold her back.
The souffle flanker is in the same family as Shalimar. They are related. But the flanker is a nod to contemporary tastes and expectations and I for one am glad I can wear it sparingly to the office and enjoy it all day long.I find it be an ethereal yet grounded fragrance and it intrigues me.

Agneshj
Agneshj

My local Sephora had a great deal on a fullsize bottle so I was definitely interested because I usually love the classic Guerlain-scents. To be sure I got a sample and wore it today and I have to say I´m a bit disappointed. It opens in delicious spicyness. But then lemony lemon, a bit of skin, a microscopic trace of spice. After two hours I couldn't smell it on me anymore. It´s a nice enough clean scent for those who like it, but I prefer to get my hands a bit dirtier than this.

Mona-Jo
Mona-Jo

I sense this is in the Shalimar family. However this is a quiet sunny morning walk in a lush fragrant garden. The original is a dark and dreary morning run in the pelting rain to catch your rush hour filled bus that will be short turned.

I agree with Genny17. I can't see a reason why Guerlain can't name it Shalimar Souffle de Parfum. It is a lot lighter, gentler Shalimar's younger sister.
Classic Shalimar is far too heavy for me, but I enjoy Souffle version a lot!
It is strange to expect that a scent that is meant to be the delicate version of a classic perfume, would be exactly the same as this perfume.
Souffle in the name suggests something softer. So it is softer. Simple, isn't it?

You know what, why can't Guerlain give us a lighter softer version of a great classic!? Shalimar is a cult classic but goodness I cannot wear it even if I tried!! So Souffle albeit light has the Guerlain ID all over
I can tell and others can too!!
Although Guerlain isn't my favourite house I like the soft aura of that great perfume
Floral notes on a crisp lemon
Nice!!

Emma0714
Emma0714

Why in the name of all that is holy would you put the name Shalimar on this bottle?! This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Shalimar. Nothing. At. All.

Okay, so this is it; maybe the fragrance itself wasn't even bad, but I just... got so goddamn befuddled with the name before my eyes that clearly said Shalimar, and the bottle that clearly was in the shape of Shalimar. This claims to be the Eau Premiere of Chanel no.5 to Shalimar.

Well.

Whatever you wish to call it, soufflé, vapeur, légere it is just "Error 404 -Shalimar not found"

This is like drawing a stick figure and calling it "A whisper of Mona Lisa"

Guerlain please.

Dcarlo
Dcarlo

Lots of orange blossoms, exotic and beautiful jasmine, a little bit of musk and a sweet vanilla.
That is all I get from Souffle de Parfum, like a magic cloud.
As with Parfum Initial this creation should not have the name of Shalimar on it. I really hate this trend of making flankers that have no resemblance to the original perfume. If PI shares some notes with Shalimar, this one has nothing to do with it.
I really enjoy Souffle de Parfum, it’s light, feminine and enchanting. I would recommend it for day time and Parfum Initial for night time.
It is not a complex fragrance, but it’s not mainstream nor boring.
Like most Guerlains, it’s hard to keep your nose away from it. So different than today’s candied and cloying fragrances and yet it smells modern and beautiful.
I’m afraid that Souffle de Parfum will face the same problems PI had to go through despite its lovely notes.
Guerlain, please stop using Shalimar’s name for every new creation.
Let the new fragrances conquer a new market with a name of their own. Can’t you see that this is terrible for good marketing and ruins sales?

dormir6
dormir6

On my skin it is like CK Reveal, just not so savoury, a little bit woodier, and brigther.

theparfumfairy
theparfumfairy

This is a beautiful soft and sweet interpretation of Shalimar. Souffle smells like a bright sunny springtime stroll in Paris and as you walk the wind blows the smell of a lemon meringue tart from a pâtisserie. The whiffs of that tantalizing citrusy confection in the breeze is Souffle.

Usually, I am not a fan of light and airy scents but this is the beauty of Souffle. This a mature and well-balanced sweet and citrusy (mostly lemon) vanilla scent. This a hint of white floral in background but my skin projects the sweet, citrus and vanilla notes.

purpleturtle
purpleturtle

Liked it when I first put it on, but then it just disappeared. Not sure if it was still there and I just couldn't smell it on me anymore, or it was truly gone. But to my nose it didn't last long. Shame, was a very nice lemony vanilla... Not something I would buy. Apparently my skin absorbs it within the hour. :( Wishing you happy smelling! :)

Megamind
Megamind

It's so dense and heavy. I think it is called "souffle" because the comparison is done with the classic shalimar. Comparing the classic version souffle de parfum is lighter. But in no way it is really light. It's a winter evening sweet heavy and smoky scent. And can be suffocating if used too much. So prudence with the application.
I get tones of vanilla and some musk base. The orange blossom and jasmine are not prominent. But if were more prominent could give more light edge to this perfume. The lemon and bergamot are there only in the opening and disappear within the first 10-15 minutes. And where this smokiness comes from? There is no tobacco or pepper in the pyramid. I think not all notes are mentioned and Guerlain keeps part of its secret ingredients out from the public sight. It's oriental vanilla.
The lasting power is very good and the silage is monster filling out the room. Not an everyday scent for me and I keep this gift for special occasions.

rue_de_la_roux
rue_de_la_roux

I don't smell any connection between the original Shalimar and the Souffle. They're two different perfumes to me. With Souffle I get musk, musk, musk, and a splash of lemon. Lemon musk, with a kiss of vanilla. (I'm kind of thinking it's a modern musk, like Narcisco Rodriguez or SJP Lovely, neither of which I've smelled in a long while so I may be wrong). But I love it. It's very different. When I wear it I've got a musk cloud surrounding me and it's nice. It also leaves its scent behind on clothes and pillowcases. Love the dark blue bottle, too.

An update after about 5 months of using it:

When I first played with this fragrance, it was what turned me to find other Shalimars. So warm, slightly sweet, cozy vanilla and white florals. It was just gorgeous, soft and elegant and I loved it. I wore it all the time.
Unfortunately after a while and many happy uses, this fragrance started going funny on me. I started losing the vanilla sweetness and was only getting a giant cloud of musk and lemons, which I really didn't like. I was getting a lot of a floor polish vibe. Sadly, I swapped it away. Even now when I test it I still get floor polish. I fondly remember the first few months, but that's all we had together Souffle. That's all we had together...

almondcookie
almondcookie

I apologise if I have ruin this for anyone. As much as I appreciate creativity. I think this is too much.
Not in a good way. Way too citrusy. Smells like fermented citrus fruits and a watered downed Shalimar. There is something off about this formulation.
Perfume initial was an excellent modern version of Shalimar. I absolutely loved it. I guess I was expecting to fall in love with this as I did when perfume initial came out. Evidently this is not the case.
I have worn the original Shalimar for years. I shall not compare.

Natasha277
Natasha277

I can see what they are trying to do with this flanker. They are trying to marry the old with the new. Have they done that successfully ? I guess the answer is YES. Although this perfume is a newer release it definitely has a vintage vibe to it . You can definitely detect the DNA of the original SHALIMAR but its almost covered under a sweet and salty veil.This version of shalimar has an aquatic quality, which feels a bit strange at first. Its like Shalimar's grand grand grandchildren immigrated to the Greek islands.They kept their original oriental heritage but they have added an aquatic or marine like accord to their personalities.It's different and shocking but they have done it anyway in order to blend in. Did they manage to completely blend in and not stand out this much ? The answer is NO. Shalimar's grandchildren are different no matter where they go. Her grandmother gave them the gift to always stand out. Her other grand grand grandchildren went to Mexico with the Ode a la Vanille Sur la Route du Mexique. Those kids became warmer and even more spicy . The perfume initial grandchildren went to Paris and stuck to their heritage they just became lighter. The soufle de parfum grand kinds became more blue and more salty and aquatic its an interesting turn you can play with them you can love them if you want but you will always LOVE their grandmother THE ORIGINAL QUEEN SHALIMAR more. This perfume stands on a weird line . Its definitely not very strong but its not soft either lasts 3-4 hours and on my skin doesn't envelops much pretty much smells the same from beginning to end.It smells like Shalimar covered in a sweet and aquatic veil.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Another nice flanker of Shalimar.
To me, is more to Eau de Shalimar than traditional, the focus here is more on the floral body than in lemon and vanilla.
Both are present but i get more jasmine that gives creaminess and delicate tone balancing with musk, vanilla the course is remarkable and intense, but with less lemon, became slightly more female and younger, a teen version perhaps.
But anyway, well done.

Rating: 8-8.5 / 10

Museumgal
Museumgal

A sweet light confection, like a lemon tart. Doesn't have the depth and smokiness of shalimar, but its a good gourmand offering. As such it is quite sugary. The lemon note is superb however, I think it is my favorite lemon delicious! Probably shouldn't have been put in as a flanker as it lacks the original character but judging on its own merits it's a beautiful citrus gourmand.

Charming oriental vanilla & orange blossom scent, ladylike, quite soft and lovely! Absolutely comforting, cuddly and tender. Surely a perfect Shalimar's younger sister.

You won't believe how some consultants are talking people into it.
I wrote before about Souffle (it means blast of air or breath or breeze)
I agree it reminds of the lemon note in vintage Habit Rouge.
After a few days wearing it from a big sample I had to realise that it can make me dizzy and nauseated. I think I wore too much of it, because it smells soft and innocent, but it's not. The vanillic part can be annoying.
Still a beautiful modern fragrance.

smora
smora

Although not bringing something new, Shalimar Souffle is well made lemon-oriental flowers-vanilla combo. It opens with beautiful Guerlain's lemon reminding me of legendary Habit Rouge. The flowery heart of jasmine and orange flower is rounded by excellent gourmand ice cream-like vanilla.
It doesn't reminds me of Shalimar, and it should be properly named Habit Rouge pour Femme Souffle.
My girlfriend is really enjoying this comforting scent thus I'm a little bit biased.
P.S. The packaging is absolutely amazing.

Scentrack: Suede - She's in Fashion

Rating: soft Oriental **** 1/2

It might be new, but it has a classic feeling to it. It is more subtle than the other version I have tried so far. An interesting scent that seems to be from another time or world. That's because I don't see it's place in my perfume wardrobe. It is out of world of everyday routine.
A good, classical fragrance with strong white floral, musk and citrus notes.

elenakoles
elenakoles

I tried it a couple of days ago just because a consultant talked me into it, and had no expectations whatsoever. In general, I do not have much regard for 'flankers' and consider them a banal marketing ploy. As to Shalimar, I had a bottle of the original one many years ago but was probably not ready for that mature frag so I gave it to my Mom... the later "editions" did not catch my fancy. So I was quite surprised when this new Souffle (a Sigh - or a Whisper?) turned out to be so much in tune with my mood. We are having a wonderful, warm and colorful fall here, with fragrant apples, plums and pears, and whiffs of vanilla, fresh baking and fruit preserves floating around, including my own kitchen... My nose took this new rendition of Shalimar as a welcome addition to the overall olfactory tapestry of the day! True, it is very far removed from the original classic but it certainly deserves praise! After a day of keeping my nose to the wrist I got a big flacon of it and am enjoying it ever since. On my skin it opens with an orange blossom note which morphs into vanilla and - my biggest surprise! - at some point becomes very reminiscent of Guerlain's Champs Elysees which I used to love!!! Nostalgie...

I'm wearing it today and I like it! It's a very soft scent with a distinct lemony curd/vanilla combo, very reminiscent of many Shalimar's flankers, but definetely softer and more into the stream of not-being offensive.
In the opening I smell citrus and a mushroom-y edge. That specific edge is a promise for soft intriguing musk later, like in some NR and in Bruno Acampora's musk, but much tamed in Souffle de Parfum. If you expect Shalimar because of the name you will be disappointed. There is a Shalimar's DNA in the lemon/vanilla combo and that's all. Actually the most interesting part is the floral heart, so softly intriguing.
All in all a perfume that is more suitable for summer and stays quite close to the skin.
The flanker mode is just a marketing problem, forget about and enjoy it for what it is.

SayakaP
SayakaP

A soft, lovely scent.
It's certainly not a Shalimar. Without the Smoke & Leather, Shalimar cannot be Shalimar...

It reminds me of an Aqua Allegoria I gave to my mum 15years ago or so.
(She kept the bottle at the entrance of her house & used it as room fragrance. It was fabulous...)

To me it's a Bergamot, Mandarin & Vanilla scent.
It has got Aquatic note at the top but it melts away as the Vanilla kicks in.
It's Vanilla-sweet, not sugar-sweet.

I'll stick with the original EDP & EDT but I'd enjoy this one on strangers.
I do like it alot.

ellina1984
ellina1984

The hate towards this really stems from its nature as a flanker, IMO.
I tried this yesterday, and here's what I thought:
The top notes are all about a sweet, cloudy lemon. The first stages remind me of a thick, mildly scented lemon curd, complete with vanilla. Then the lemon dissipates, although it never quite disappears, and the vanilla comes centre stage. There's also something amber-ish to my nose.

Shalimar Souffle de parfum really is a souffle - a whisper. Not loud, definitely a skin scent. It's nice and clean, like you have applied some fancy body lotion after a shower. Inoffensive, unlikely to cause strong feelings of dislike. I would buy it if I didn't already have so many clean and beautiful skin scents, and would gladly wear it if someone gave it to me.

Just test it as a stand-alone fragrance, not as a Shalimar flanker. See what happens.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Yes, it's a totally different perfume than the Shalimar category. But still - it's beautifully fresh and sophisticated, it develops softly and slowly from a citrus nymph into a delicate, smooth velour mist with a slight NATURAL VANILLA touch. If any musk is present here, it is SO discreet and refrained that it doesn't ruin the combo but only amplifies its nature (and musk DOES ruin perfumes far too often, especially if overdosed - not in this case though).
YES, I love it. YES, I want it. YES, it deserves to be labelled GUERLAIN, as it is universally elegant and luxuriuos.

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

First of all, the only thing about the real Shalimar and this flanker that is remotely similar is the name. (Enough already, LVMH!) Therefore I will treat this as a totally separate perfume.

It is quite ordinary and smells like a dozen other things at the perfume counter. It's not bad and has good longevity. However it is not my style. More for a very young girl then a grown woman. It just happens to smell like a dozen other things at the perfume counter. It is pleasant enough but not memorable.

I quite agree with the previous poster that Therry Wasser is making up everything he can and hoping something sticks. His creations are way too commercial and ordinary. I wish he would take a risk and do something wonderful and different. And for gosh sakes don't name it Shalimar something or other.

sphynxcat
sphynxcat

Since it doesn't pretend to be Shalimar, I won't compare the two even though I am a fan of the original. On its own merit as a floral vanilla, it is not appealing to me. Slight citrusy opening, followed by an intensifying sweet vanilla, soft floral which fades rapidly to a wan vanilla/white musk/calone scented plastic smell which was not just boring, but off-putting and eventually a scrubber. It smells like a mess to me, like they were trying to achieve too many things here. It's a vanilla, a citrus, a floral, a clean laundry scent, and a fresh aquatic all rolled into one. I think in an effort to "rejuvenate" and appeal to a young audience, Wasser is churning out any new version he can create hoping one will catch on successfully.

Carrieberry
Carrieberry

I really love this! It might not resemble Shalimar at all but if you just ignore the name and look at it as a fragrance of its own you can't deny that this is a great quality, sexy, sophisticated, soft, skin like scent. My husband loves this too. I prefer this over Shalimar Initial. However it is not very long-lasting...:(.

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

I so love this. But 130 for 3oz and didn't last more than a couple hours. *sigh* so many WTF's flying from my mouth.

Nicole5678
Nicole5678

Really lovely stuff, a bit more distant from original Shalimar than, say, Eau de Shalimar was. I also found it to be more floral than Original Shalimar and very light and modern--almost fresh and aquatic in its effects. A whisper is right -- it came and went quickly (it couldn't be detected after about 3 hours). A friendly, pleasant rendition of its smoky, mysterious older sister.

nathalie87

My great grandmother used to wear shalimar. I can see that some people say that this perfume does not have any similarity to the original shalimar but it is after al called shalimar "souffle", wich i understand means "whisper"? Please corect me if i am wrong! And YES! This is a soft quiet whisper of shalimar! It is absolutely beautiful and when I smell it I am right back at my great grandmothers house! To me this is closer to shalimar as i used to know it on my nanna, than the original actually is, because that one is just to strong and potent! This smells like shalimar does when you have been wearing it for to days without reaplying. So to my nose this perfume has absolutely earned its name, and it IS (for me at least) a kind whisper from my great grand mother wearing shalimar! And I adore it!! <3

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

I really like this and would purchase full bottle! Original Shalimar is just too much for me. Doesnt last long but i would happily and joyfully reapply!

freakypirate
freakypirate

Shalimar Souffle opens with sweet and bitter citrus notes, bergamot mixed with mandarin peel. There is a hint of white flowers underneath and some ozonic/aquatic notes combined with a spicy musk. From here, the vanilla gets a bit stronger and the scent is linear until it fades out.

Sillage is low on me, longevity moderate.

It smells summery and fresh, but the strange clash between vanilla and bitter orange in this scent is not very appealing to me. This is not my thing, but is worth a try if you are looking for a fresh and light uncomplicated summer scent.

hsheep

So many people harp on this poor flanker. Me, on the other hand, I don't have a signature fragrance, but I would wear this as my signature any day of the year! I can't wait to get a giant bottle of this.
Sure, it's not very close to Shalimar. The description says "modern version" and I agree. It's much more modern with its sugary citrus and soft petals/vanilla dry down. I get nothing vintage or really that "classic" in this one, and that's okay for what it is. I can still smell that faint spiciness of maybe-that's-Shalimar in there somewhere. I think it's beautiful and the notes well rounded, nothing competes in this frag. I find it a very well balanced citrusy/floral/vanilla.
I do love the original Shalimar, fluffy vanilla heaven. But I also love this guy. It's more wearable and playful for those days where Shalimar is just too much for me.
But hey, to each their own.

windhill
windhill

Smell very similar to J`Aime La Nuit by La Perla. But I love it though. Freshly sweet citrus top notes develops to lovely jasmine heart and creamy nuance of tahitian vanilla on the base. Current, young and subtle one

@Nikkafragrance I understand your feelings. Actually people normally had expectation for a perfume that releasing under the name of Shalimar. If its launched with its own name, Im sure it will get a better received. So let their dislike be theirs. Let your like be yours ;)
(but I couldn't agree more that this is 2015 now. Time passed, world changed)

Nikkafragrance

OK, I can't take this anymore! This is the first time I react like this on fragrantica, but what I've read so far for this beautiful fragrance is absolutely ridiculous! OK, I agree that it doesn't smell like the other Shalimars, but that's what it makes it interesting. I can't understand why people expect all Guerlain perfumes to be heavy and suffocating vintage bombs with animalic notes. I see nothing wrong that this brand launched nice modern summery fragrance. Everything develops, so does Guerlain. The fact that this flanker is completely different from the original, created in the 20's or Mitsouko, doesn't have to be a sign that the brand is coming to its decline. Sorry for my English, but I am affected fan of Souffle.

Everline
Everline

Tis scent is one of my favorites..!
Yes, silage is good during hot days.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Woah, woah, woah - Guerlain, what is this? Who is creating these "fresh" new perfumes for y'all? Between LPRN "petales"/"Eau Fraiche", and this Souffle concoction - I feel some major separation from the Guerlain we all know and love.

Why must we keep tacking new flankers onto the Shalimar line? This shares nothing with any other Shalimar scent, or it's flankers, besides a strange wisp of vanilla. (And not even Shalimar's vanilla, at that.) You see echoes of the same notes in the note pyramid, but done completely differently.

Shalimar Souffle is 25 minutes of linear, overdone, fresh-fruity-floral-musk. It has the flatness of a deoderant spray, and is reminiscent of a diaper-bag wet-wipe. That is all there is to it - The opening is sour musky lemon notes, jasmine fades in and out, and a "sweet/fresh" fluff walks the drydown of the scent down the aisle, out to the curb, and into it's getaway vehicle - because the entire life and death of the perfume occurs in under one half hour.

I am never one to leave harsh negative reviews, so please take what I say at face value - and if you're a Guerlain fan like I am, please try this scent for yourself! But only a small sample, because I truly don't think a full bottle is worth the money.

Nikkafragrance

The best of all Shalimars for me, because it has nothing to do with the original, which is cloying. Perfect combination of citrusy notes and sweetness, good sillage and longevity within 10 hours, on clothes 72 hours. Nice for summer and everyday use.

jfrater
jfrater

oh dear - another fail from Wasser for Guerlain. After 20 minutes there is barely a whiff of anything left. It starts out like an odd chocolatey shalimar that reminds me a lot of another perfume from the past (a cheap one sadly and I can't recall its name). This is a very big disappointment and I had high hopes after Shalimar with Mexican vanilla which was actually pretty damned good.

Guerlain really needs to ditch Wasser and bring Jean Paul back regardless of his clumsy comment.

asalljoon
asalljoon

این عطرو من تا بحال استنشاق نکردم ولی چون ساخت کمپانی گرلین هستش مطمینم خوشبو است

nathalie87

Just wow... this is perfection.. i hope this will become my signature. Just how i would like to smell around my children and family. soft, elegant, sensual, and not like every other women out there!

jenvi
jenvi

I am having such a hard time reviewing this beauty. I don't think words can ever describe my feelings for this one. I wasn't interested at all when it was first announced here and the notes seemed kind of boring to me, but then it released early in Norway and I sprayed it on a strip and oh my.. I was in love! I brought the tester strip back home with me and couldn't stop sniffing it. Two days later my boyfriend came home with it as a gift for me. I knew immediately that Shalimar Souffle would become my new signature, even knocking my beloved Miss Dior Cherie (2005) off the 1.st place.

I just feel so relaxed and elegant when wearing this, like I'm surrounded in this cloud of bliss. This is my happy-scent, an immediate fix when I'm feeling down. It is suitable for both day, night, winter and summer. It is such a versatile all-year round fragrance. The best word I can use to describe Souffle with is "fluffy". It is super soft and sweet and so easy to wear. I agree with other reviewers saying it's "feathery" without knowing how to describe it, It is more a feeling you get rather than a scent. All I know is that this will forever be with me and a part of my collection. I already have 4 bottles of it just in case..

Puddy Cat
Puddy Cat

this has even less in common with SHALIMAR than initial did & is not nearly as lovely as initial or SHLIMAR
why didn't they just give this it's own name? it is most definitely NOT SHALIMAR in any way shape or form, it is quite pretty, light & perfect for Spring/Summer months, I find it very generic & rather boring, when I sprayed it on my hubbys reaction was "I like those cheap perfumes"!!! he had no idea what it was that I sprayed but he said that compared to my other perfumes it smell's like a cheapy that everyone wears!
he did however say that he loved the smell lol

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

Okay so I tried this too today. I was excited to see a new Shalimar and just had to try it. At first I really loved it. It is really nice a light musky vanilla lemon. A nice daytime fragrance that isnt a statement. But as the day went on the more I thought that it was bland and that I like my Shalimar Parfum Initial better. Plus I think its like a lighter version of Initial, and while nice it lacks the depth that Initial has and the drydown that I love in Initial. Overall I would say if you did not buy Initial and are looking for a light Shalimar and you are young like under 25 then this may be for you. Maybe good to overlay it with another perfume. Office friendly. A good perfume but nothing that stands out, but still good. I guess I would buy it if I wasnt on a tight perfume budget, but I would rather buy something different that I love.

Jay T
Jay T

Je l'aime ça parce qu'il des couches. Je ne parle pas de la base, au milieu et le cœur. Je veux dire quand je ai senti mon poignet légèrement, je ai reçu une not cremeuse, qui je pense est la fleur d'orange. Mais quand je ai senti mon poignet dur je ai reçu beuacoup des d'épices. Il est comme deux parfume en une. Quand je sent dur, il est quand je trouve d'original Shailmar DNA.

Plamka
Plamka

Ouh that's pretty! I'm not going to pretend I am disappointed cause it doesn't smell like shalimar I am relieved even. The only other shalimar I like is si sensuelle..and now this souffle comes my way right when I was looking for a slightly mature version of my usual choices! Its very beautiful musky feminine scent I can imagine being my signature:) the only thing I regret it its missing the ornament shalimar bottles usually have..shame

po
po

I didn't want to believe it but we are obviously facing the end of an era. Guerlain is no random perfume house and Thierry Wasser is no random perfumer. And yet they released this one. Hard to believe.

I didn't have high hopes but tried Souffle de Parfum without prejudice. Didn't expect it to be very similar to the regular Shalimar either but that's about as related to Shalimar as L'eau d'Issey.

The top is all about sweet but ozonic mandarine, the middle is just sweet/clean orange blossom and the base is loaded with sweet laundry musk.
A simple composition indeed but not in a straightforward uplifting way such as in Aqua Allegorias. I'd like to elaborate more but there's simply nothing more to say.

If you think that Guerlain had started going downhill with La Petite Robe Noire wait to try this.
If you think that Shalimar Parfum Initial was far from Shalimar wait to try this.
If you think that the majority of celebrity fragrances are plain and boring wait to try this.

On the bright side:
A. I didn't have to suffer long since it vanished fairly quickly.
B. They probably can't do much worse than that ''reinventing'' Shalimar so there must not be much more disappointment in the future.

If this one comes from Guerlain I can't imagine what's to be expected from lesser perfume houses.

That's all folks!

Allinug
Allinug

A beautiful fragrance but it was gone in 10 minutes, completely gone from my wrist.

snel hest
snel hest

I tried this today and recognized the smell right away, but couldn't quite put my finger on it and remember what it was...

And then it hit me - it smells just like Anna Sui Sui Dreams (in the blue bottle) on my skin! I mean exactly.
Sweet powdery musky vanilla, just like the Anna Sui!
So if you are lusting for a bottle of Souffle and cannot afford it or cannot find it in your country, get Sui Dreams instead!

BringUsAShrubbery
BringUsAShrubbery

Despite being light and airy, as the name would inply, it is somehow velvety. I don't get too much citrus, but lots of vanilla.

mafnuguid
mafnuguid

I usually don't write reviews but I am on this site, almost everyday. As a perfume addict, I tried this one when I was walking at Macys and saw this gorgeous color in a familiar bottle. What is this? The new Souffle according to the sales lady who seems to be obsessed in to selling me Boucheron. Of course I tried to ignore her, until I finally said, I would like to try this Souffle Shalimar if you wouldn't mind?" She gave me one paper tester, a generous act I thought. I sprayed this blue liquid, and WOW! very gourmandy orange, lime/lemon followed by sweetness and warmth. I was intrigued, so I sprayed it on my arm. I wouldn't' really spray a perfume on my body unless I like it. This one is very soft citrus, not overly sweet, no burnt custard here but more like a freshly baked LEMON MERINGUE PIE!! Yes! That's what I smelled. When it dried down, I get whiffs of Angelique Noir and Iris Ganache from the exclusifs line! The perfume lasted till the next day, the silage is powerful as that of a Guerlain. This is NOT Shalimar, this needs to have a name of its own. I love the scent especially now that it is winter. The scent is inoffensive and very yummy. 1 spray, and I was thinking of dessert. I might buy this :-)

Hellita
Hellita

In general I'm not a fan of powdery scents so I'm surprised that I fell in love with this one, and now I have to admit that Shalimar Souffle de Parfum is pretty fantastic!

This is so airy, light and delicate that I just feel like a girly fluffy powderpuff when wearing it. I love that it doesn't develop into a suffocating powderiness, but it stays citrusy, ultrafeminine and sweet (in a light vanilla-powdery way). I can imagine this being beautiful and refreshing during summer or spring when the weather is hot, but it works just as well as an uplifting scent during winter. I sprayed it on yesterday evening and it surrounded me for hours (and lingered in my hair and my scarf this morning), so both longevity and sillage is very good!

Since I'm trying to be a good girl - not buying another fragrance until I've used up something else in my collection, I haven't purchased this blissful scent yet. But there's no harm in putting it on my wishlist for Christmas, is it? ;)
Meanwhile I'll just enjoy spraying myself with it everytime I'm in the perfume section.

Souffle is right up my alley!

sodiumsugar
sodiumsugar

Souffle de Parfum starts off with a blast of bright citrus, mostly bergamot. I was delighted, when moments later a dish soap note, along with something akin to dry, stale crackers came about! The floral qualities were absent, as was the vanilla; strange, because generally my skin has a hard time sustaining anything citrus while it brings vanilla to the forefront. Pity it's a scrubber for me.

Charmianne
Charmianne

Warning for lovers of strong, potent oriental scents, this is definitely not for you.

Souffle de Parfum is still a Shalimar to me, the lighter, whisper soft and slightly sweeter younger sister. I find it quite heavenly, it lingers on the skin like an angel's breath. Granted that by the dry down the Shalimar personality is gone but during the initial spray I detected it there, it actually reminded me of Initial L'Eau until it softened to this soft-as-a-cloud aura. This is perfect for when I am not in the mood for my in-your-face scents, I can surely cuddle with this demure beauty.

xrayer
xrayer

I didn't expect to like this but.......I absolutely adore it. Yes it has Shalimar in the name but as everyone has mentioned it has nothing in common with any Shalimar I have tried. It is less citrusy than eau de shalimar (which sometimes I find overpowering) and more floral. The opening is fresh and bright and the dry down is deliciously sweet, a gorgeous skin scent. I think if you just try this with an open mind and accept it for what it is you may be pleasantly surprised. For me it conjures up the image of feathery light kisses, it's beautiful.

Jenge
Jenge

My first reaction to Souffle was repulsion. I thought it smelled very blah and cheap and like one of those "our impression of..." sprays. I decided to try it again and while I still don't want it, I don't feel nearly as negative about it.

Like others have said, you really have to separate this from the Shalimar name. The only connection I can see is if Mr. Wasser was trying to reference the actual Shalimar Gardens by making an airy, floral scent. I think Souffle should have been an Aqua Allegoria and been released in early spring.

It makes me think of powdered sugar and jasmine. Not in a powdery way, but in a light, sweet, sneezy way -if that makes sense! It starts very sweet and stays pretty much the same. Up close I do notice a sour mandarin musk that reminds me of a lot of modern perfumes (especially the Miss Diors) that I don't like, but it's light enough to not be annoying. I think the sillage stays sweet, fresh, and floral and other people will say it smells pretty on you.

If you can get past the name, it's a "nice" scent, just not what I was expecting.

christianne1
christianne1

I have nothing against flankers. I find many of them to be enjoyable and I look forward to them. I just want to clarify I am in no way a flanker hater. I have tried and owned many (basically ALL) of the Shalimar flankers because I am such a fan of the original. While many were not for me I could see the appeal for others and could find even the slightest nod to Shalimar. Until this one. There is absolutely no resemblance to Shalimar or even a Shalimar flanker. Or a flanker of a flanker. Or the next door neighbor of a flanker's flanker.

There is nothing resembling Shalimar in any capacity in this fragrance.

Souffle is perfectly fine on its own, nice clean and soapy and very safe and mainstream perfume. Sweet but not TOO sweet and a tiny little nutty/woody musky bite in the vanilla dry down.

Why didn't they just release this as Soufflé? Why attempt to release it as a Shalimar? I really don't get it. If it was simply a new Guerlain I think the reception would have been much better. But putting Shalimar on the bottle only confuses and disappoints people who are looking for the Shalimar.....or Shalimar's great, great, great granddaughter in there somewhere. This isn't even a step grandchild. It isn't even an in-law.

Pleasant little light and fluffy perfume.....but absolutely no relation to Shalimar in any capacity.

Being an international translator french/ English , Souffle in some instances can be translated as whisper..the french language is very rich indeed.

Lots of Guerlain fragrances are a bit soapy, Souffle is a lighter version , Souffle means whisper in french, and it describes perfectly the airiness and delicate aura of this new fragrance..Shalimar is a bomb, but I don't like it...Souffle is a stylish elegant very french scent..lovely...flankers are a great opportunity for the ones who aren't into the classics to experience lighter, more demure versions of those great scents...
This has on me a nice longevity. it lingers gracefully around me, and it does have a hint of the Guerlinade in my opinion!!

Sweetiekitty
Sweetiekitty

I went today to purchase but I sampled first. I'm glad I did. It was a lovely fragrance, but truly lasted 15 minutes on me. Then I had someone sniff me and she said, "It smells like you washed your hand with some pretty soap a while ago." this is not what you want when you purchase a Guerlain 20 minutes after you sprayed.

To your response:
Regulated meaning not solely the length of a fragrance but more so depth because ingredients are banned for example Samsara is not its former self, amongst others..base notes that are no longer allowed changing the composition..

In this case though this is a whole other fragrance and probably shouldn't be compared to the original so you won't feel disappointed you know ? and can just as much enjoy it for what it is.It's just a name with a different fragrance altogether.

I just feel we can't compare fragrances anymore this is where the disappointment lies. It's better to just look at it for what it is..a whole new fragrances by the house. Some are hits and some are misses. It is what it is.

Ps..I don't see the person who responded to me anymore but this is my response and the last one..I'll leave discussion for the boards.

ForrealMe2

I agree with comments below we shouldn't compare creations to their former selves. We are no longer living in a day and age where the creations are the same as their former selves. I don't mind comparing to give you a better idea of how much it variates from the original or flankers but perfume is subjective from person to person. The question we should ask ourselves is since these houses have to survive financially and are going to do it anyways then would we like a house that caters to all variety of people or just be exclusive to a few? Guerlain is trying to make revenue. They have already admitted that publicly to survive.I think the best attitude to have is to just enjoy each perfume as a work of art and not be so serious. I suppose we all will have our moments where a perfume sucks but honestly this smells like a better version of light blue and that is ranking as one of the few all time highest selling perfumes. It's just a publicly pleasing scent to the majority.

But don't think I don't understand either I have my moments like I remember when I was mad about Chanel Coco Noir though..being your paying higher prices but the perfume doesn't last as long plus it didn't feel Noir..I think there that was a marketing misconception but only to please the younger generation that can't wear or wouldn't wear such heavier fragrances. The only concept that I wish the perfume companies would hold on to when making fragrances is to make power houses like they use to for those who still buy them and I use to think it couldn't be done until I got La Vie Est Belle..so if Lancôme can do it I think all houses should. I think that speaks louder because Lancôme was at least trying to advertise and give us a better quality product to match its prices which isn't over inflated at all either in comparison to others. I guess what people are mad about is they want that quality..we'll those days are over..when was the last time you saw a long lasting strong perfume except Miss Dior Le Parfum or La Vie Est Belle or New Haarlem or Angel..but that reformulation of Angel has changed too from what I heard and remember myself. Most natural ingredients are regulated so if they have to use synthetics at least use long lasting ones so at least we get our monies worth and want to continue buying it again.

3ood
3ood

the only shalimar i liked .

craftyminx
craftyminx

This doesn't remind me of Shalimar at all. There's no depth, no richness. Where is the Guerlinade? I have nothing against Shalimar flankers. I loved Eau de Shalimar, PI, even PI L'Eau. But they all smelled like Guerlain scents, not like cheap body spray. I'm so disappointed in this.

Mr. Beaux
Mr. Beaux

The nightmare of a perfumista: Shalimar transformed into a vulgar aquatic salty vanilla fragrance. This must be a joke.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Very aquatic and musky with zest of citrus. Airy and light, missing that Guerlainade stamp that made it easily recognizable. This does not call to mind Shalimar at all. I had to look at the bottle to double-check it was Souffle de Parfum. Not what I expect from Guerlain which is synonymous to me with strong, smoky, possibly spicy, Oriental flare… Not here. This must an offering to attract new Guerlain customers. I'll stick to Mitsuoko and Samsara - love them in all formulations. If you want aquatic, light and musky floral, this is for you.

One spray on me
Sillage: a foot in first hour then softens but lasts for 4-5 hours
Longevity: 7-8 hours (nose-to-wrist for last 4 hours)
Rating: 1/5 for expectations and 3/5 for composition

daithi
daithi

How can I describe the latest big releases by Guerlain?

Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde = tropical WC air freshener

L'homme idéal = some kind of Axe deodorant (with pedigree)

Shalimar Souffle de Parfum = laundry detergent

Yes, Shalimar Souffle de Parfum smells like cheap laundry detergent mixed with that trendy and boring fruity hypersugared vanilla and musk combination.

Shame on you Guerlain/LVMH.

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

It's shocking how generic and bland this is. It doesn't deserve the Shalimar name.

Fabien77
Fabien77

Once I tested Dune and original Shalimar in my wrists. I felt that they had something in common, like the initial citrus, vanilla, etc. Than, last week, I tested Shalimar Souffle. I felt like if this is a mix of Dune and original Shalimar. The original one is far better, still.

maen
maen

I just received it!!, with all my happiness!!. For me is one of the best Guerlain's editions, I can notice the regular in it, but updated and pleasing with the sweet, but high-class Musk edge.
Nice Bergamot, selected florals, Jasmin is soo pretty, all in a melodious base notes, the Vanilla is also there playing a more discreet role.
Has the french brand's know-how, still with that characteristic mysterious feeling, plenty of emotion.
Fresh, like a caress, wearable, utterly feminine!!.

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

havent smelled it:0
but the new shalimar font bothers me lol! its too modern and looks kinda
cheap contrasting with the old fashioned "guerlain paris" on the cap! (im a graphic designer so...
:P

Tiger84
Tiger84

Wholeheartedly agree with Alex1984 on all points. (Except I'm not that satisfied with the longevity and sillage of the new Mitsouko. But restoring old masterpieces at least close to their former glory would be really appreciated.)

ForrealMe2

You could compare this to light blue or I love love but this is better than them all because it's just a fresher sweeter take on the Guerlainaid mix. The musk makes It feel like as if you had a midst of water spraying over you on a hot day but with fresh citrus to cool it down..this is the younger sister to Eau de Shalimar but similar with the citrus vanilla..it's not so heavy on the vanilla as it is more citrus fresh...I adore it and really would like to get it...the bottle is gorgeous too in my favorite color blue...I don't think you can go wrong with it but the longevity is not long as usual with fresh fragrances but it is a joy to smell that's for sure and for that I would buy it because I'm partial to Shalimar. It makes me feel the way I feel about Eau de Shalimar..nice and cozy.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Shalimar Souffle opens with a bright citrus and vanilla that is pleasant from the first spray. Then it quickly becomes a very lemony vanilla, still pleasant and natural smelling. In hot weather this part of the development can smell almost like a tart lemon meringue pie. Then bergamot enters and you smell a fresh bergamot note for a few minutes and then the juice turns to a fresh natural limeade scent for about 15 minutes.

The mid- phase of the scent is where things start to go wrong for me. The musk enters and it just does not blend well with the citruses and vanilla. You are left with about a half hour or more of a strange citrus cleaner/ orange pez candy type of scent. It is not good. The first 2 times I wore the fragrance I almost scrubbed it off at this point.

The final drydown is a pretty vanilla and jasmine dominated scent with the citruses taking a backseat. I smell a faint woody note, maybe sandalwood. This phase lasted on me almost 12 hours as a skin scent. The final drydown is pretty, but fairly ordinary. It is not worthy of the great house of Guerlain in my opinion. The whole fragrance lacks the depth and balance of the original Shalimar and it's earlier flankers. There is no iris to cut the sweetness and hardly any wood notes detectable at all. Souffle is like a piano piece with only the treble clef notes playing- the depth of the bass clef is missing entirely, to the detriment of the scent. To my nose it is definitely not a floral oriental as Guerlain describes it. It's a citrusy floral with a large dose of musk.

Unfortunately, Souffle shares nothing with original Shalimar except vanilla, citrus and some jasmine notes in the drydown. All the elements that produced the Shalimar 'signature' with these notes are missing, to my nose. (I wore Shalimar Souffle de Shalimar on 5 different occasions and for 2 entire days before writing this review).

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

Strange. On me it smells like soda [specifically, Dr. Pepper] and stale perfume. Just strange.

[email protected]
sensuous@midnight

I wanted to love this one so badly because I love Shalimar and all its flankers I've tried so far. so I have this one on my wrist now. what I can smell is some fizzy tangerine beverage, and white musk. absolutely not the gorgeous Shalimar vanilla we all know. to me it is very (VERY) slightly reminiscent of Shalimar PI. and overall a big disappointment. this is so different from the original Guerlain masterpiece, I just don't see the point of calling it Shalimar! I was a 100% sure I would purchase this one. I'm terribly sad to say I won't.

henri345que
henri345que

Guerlain should be fined for doing this with an iconic and classic fragrance. This is what happens when you prostitutes your brand in a desperate attempt to cash from any possible way. This is not Shalimar, this shouldn't be called shalimar, this is a pleasant but unrecognizable Guerlain fragrance - linear, loaded in sweet musk, with an acquatic opening (on Shalimar! For God Sake!) and with some spicy florals. When you don't care about your image or history, you sell yourself like this for money, which is shameful.

Germany
Germany

It is indeed different from all the other Shalimars , but as genny17 already said it does have a Guerlain stamp , a signature that hints towards Shalimar, but only vaguely .
Its sophisticated and has something classy about it yet it's very young and sweet.
The sweetness I love in this, its fluffy , airy sweet , soufflé is the perfect name for it.
This is great for summer yet I think nice and cozy for cold days as well.
I smell "sweet fluffiness" or feathery sweetness but I can't pinpoint this, it's very different but in a extremely positive way . I only just received it and I am only wearing it for two hours now , I will report back tomorrow on better details. So far I totally love it !!!
Update, I agree with finanna( a reviewer ) that it does fall abit flat and that the opening is definitely the nicer part of this fragrance. The dry down is not very complex and has not that much grounding as I would want it to have.
Update; I just read someone calling it a thin tangerine fizz and I have to agree, I feel it lacks something, its nice indeed but thin in the end ,lacks complexity , I still prefer l'eau de Shalimar !

And I do think people need to realize that perfumes are changing, it still has a classic vibe but yes its nothing like the original, and why should it be ??? Our children are nothing like our grandparents were , or are they? People these days don't want to smell like in the 20 s , they don't dress like that nor act like that , so why smell like that? Fashion and Styles change ! So getting with the time is not always bad , and if it is not for you than stick with the classic version. I like both. I am happy to say. I like old things and new things. Same with times , love the old world but also like the modern world. Why all the complaints?

jessihsia
jessihsia

I saw the package of it and I want it,lol
Saw the other reviews says its totally different from Shalimar so I'm kinda disappointed, I love shalimar!!!!!
Hopefully it will smell as pretty as the bottle looks tho.

Souffle means whisper in French, and it describes the overall vibe of the scent, it starts of fresh and citrusy, but not in a lemony way, more like a breezy Mediterranean vibe, it isn't vibrant or sparkly fresh, it is a bit exotic in a soft way , in the heart and base it gets warmer, a tad powdery.But it remains soft, and feathery fresh..I like it, nothing in common with the Shalimar flankers, like Initial, or ode a la vanille., which I didn't care for one bit!!
This is fresher, more modern, easy to wear..it does have the Guerlain stamp though, it is quality, summery ,stylish, but I can see it being worn all year round..
Full bottle worthy for me, it is nicely done, pretty, elegant.Wasser put his master touch on that one..
My husband finds it a bit old fashioned, I think it is the Guerlain Signature..
Of course the fans of the original won't probably find it that great, just read between the lines with Souffle, it is beautiful.

It wil be launged in September 2014 in the Guerlain boutique ,
And in Douglas /Ici Paris and regular parfum shops
In September 2015 :-/

shesmovedon
shesmovedon

Souffle doesn't smell like Shalimar, but it smells a lot like Allure to me. A less creamy, more powdery and light Allure, with an almost green element to it that would make it less suffocating in warm weather. I should do a side by side comparison, I'm sure the two are not as similar as I think they are, but anyway, if Souffle is not available in your country yet, it gives you a rough idea what it smells like.

ciot

After receiving a sample, I'm able to try and test this beauty in my eyes,
It's compleet difirent than the Shalimar, or the Initial.
It starts fresh floral, and the dry down is far softer and sweeter than I expected.
I can't trace back any of the Shalimar flankers made before.
For me it's a compleet new fragrance and I can't compare it to anything else.
I love it til so far, but that's just me.

Update
I put it on early this morning at 7.00am
Now it is 11.12pm it is still sniffable very soft bit stil there
A close skin scent
For me fb worth.

celticelle
celticelle

Agree with Alex1984. Would love to see perfume companies put more effort into restoring the integrity of vintage perfumes instead of coming up with new flankers. But then their marketing people probably tell them it's more profitable to try to attract new customers with flankers....so sad.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

This had better be good after discontinuing Parfum Initial EDP! :'(

finanna
finanna

Fresh floral opening, quite nice but a bit flat drydown. It feel like another attempt to lure the same crowd as Shalimar Parfum Initial (with a different colour of juice and an easier name). The drydown is actually more similar to Le Parfum du 68 than Shalimar (think flatter, more aquatic LPD68 if it makes sense). Not a bad thing of course, because it will be cheaper than LPd68, but I wish they had more imagination.

On the bright side, as a victim of vanilla flanker Pokemon disease I am happy that I can finally achieve a year without Shalimar purchase;)

Alex1984
Alex1984

Dear Thierry Wasser,
I appreciate that you care for Shalimar and try to bring a younger audience to this queen of beauty. I appreciate Parfum Initial, I like it a lot and I'm sad to see it discontinued. But I believe that with this version you are stretching it just a wee bit too much. It honestly doesn't seen to resemble Shalimar at all. I would prefer, and I'm sure many will agree, to see you work on the current Shalimar (edp & edt) improving the sillage and longevity, bringing it closer to the vintage just like you did with the glorious Mitsouko. That would be lovely.
Sincerely a Shalimar devotee.

PS: please make Terracotta Le Parfum permanent! Thank you!