Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Teazzurra Guerlain for women and men
dislike

ozonic
herbal
Teazzurra Guerlain for women and men Pictures Teazzurra Guerlain for women and men Pictures Teazzurra Guerlain for women and men Pictures

Teazzurra by Guerlain is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Teazzurra was launched in 2015. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser. Top notes are bergamot, lemon, yuzu and grapefruit; middle notes are green tea, chamomile and jasmine; base notes are musk, calone and vanilla.

Bergamot Lemon Yuzu Grapefruit

Assam & Grapefruit

Teazzurra Fragrance Reviews

dyaver
dyaver

I like it, it's a unique fragrance with dominant notes of green tea and chamomile. Sometimes it smells like a herbal candy or a herbal bubble gum. Sweet, fresh, feminine, unique scent for hot summer months. It stays close to the skin and lasts for about 4-5 hours on skin.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

It's a wonderful, sunny, "Mediterranean" holiday perfume that develops beautifully but only until a certain moment at which... it becomes awful. Cheap, artificial, chemical-smelling... What a shame! Mr Guerlain, you've ruined your own masterpiece! Why, oh why? Why such poor basenotes? It would be one of my favorites otherwise, as I am a huge fan of anything green, citrus, fresh, ozonic, aquatic etc. I suggest releasing a re-mastered version of this but with some more sophisticated base notes, something more natural, like vetyver, basil, oakmoss maybe... :)

tina24
tina24

One of my blind buys again... Not a good one. Not my type at all.

Happy to swap 75 ml full bottle & box if anyone interested.

pimpy
pimpy

There is something inside that disturb my nose. May be too much chimical staff?

Appena acquistato mi era piaciuto, poi ho percepito qualcosa di fastidioso al mio olfatto. Provo e riprovo a rimetterlo in diverse temperature corporee,ma nulla da fare.C'è qualcosa di pungente che mi disturba, non ho capito cosa.

Madrona
Madrona

Pleasing tea fragrance. Ever-so-slightly soapy. I can definitely sense the calone, as well as a lactonic character that adds a certain type of creaminess without going full coconut sun lotion. The citrus notes are not overpowering or even sharp, which is unusual. There's just the right amount of jasmine. Nice.

hotaru
hotaru

What can I say?
This is refreshing. Uplifting but not overpowering. Dynamic but calming. Sweet but sassy. Fresh and plesant. Ladies and gentlemen, Guerlain has succeeded to put Zen into a bottle.

I live in the tropics where this kind of scent of EDT wont last long. This one lasts for 6 hours with pretty and fresh drydown.

It opens as fruity-aquatic to my surprise. Because normally any member of citruses family leaves me with bitter and tangy smell, almost toilet cleaner like aroma. But Teazzura does not. The middle not lasts for about 4 hours, trails and makes very good projection. I got a lot of compliments during hot,humid day. Another surprise. The middle note is pleasant, charming, elegant. Very good balance between fruity/citrus-y - ozonic-aquatic-floral-vanilla.
The vanilla is almost powdery without sickening sweetness it normally projects in a hot,humid climate.

The drydown is beautiful. I dont wash my clothes immediately after using Teazzura. I leave it in the hamper for a while because it deodorizes the other clothes!

Well made, well composed fragrance :)

likes2paint
likes2paint

A blind buy for me. First spritz smacked me in the face with a large cup of Chamomile and Green Tea, which was quite a fright! The acidic tannin in tea makes me feel sick, and that was exactly what I got for the first twenty minutes or so. I thought that I might have to scrub it off, but decided that patience is the best option, so...

After giving this some time, I now smell of salty sweet sweat on my wrist, delicately wrapped in a gentle flower! I'm betting the sweaty salty bit is the musk. For the most part, I don't react well with it, but you never know. I am going to give it a go because there is something about this that I find quite addictive. I think it is the salty, lemony flowery thing, which is making me want to lick my wrist (gawd... this is getting a bit silly).

Anyway, I do like the strange tea and can see light at the end of the tunnel. It is gradually turning more floral and has a tremendously strong foundation with the tea thing. I do like the more unusual scents and after all of the odd scents and pathways that this creates with my chemistry, it is developing into a keeper for me.

Lasting power is very poor - around 20 - 30 mins. Better on fabric. GAH!

HillTop
HillTop

My first choice for summer fragrance. I fell in love immediately when it came out in 2015.
After spraying I get a lot of tea, it's freshly brewed tea with a wonderful note of yasmine and a sparkling citrus. Little later joins a tender vanilla and makes the fragrance so charming und smooth. Teazzurra is tender and refreshing at the same time and very longlasting. I was asked a few times what I was wearing and people told me I smell like a flowery summermeadow. Wonderful smell and absolutely unique.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

This fragrance is the answer to my yearning of late for a scent that checks all the boxes: Fresh, somewhat sweet, soft - but lingering!, and nothing heavy on jasmine, orange peels, or woods.

Teazzura has three layers that stand out to me, I think their dominance will depend on your body chemistry.

Layer one: Soft, sweet, vanillic-powder-puff Guerlainade. Something like the secret ingredient that's in Shalimar Parfum Initial Si Sensuelle. (I get a lot of the same DNA!)
Layer two: Soothing chamomile tea - not herbal or sharp in the slightest.
Layer three: The ittyest-bit of a soapy jasmine note. Something I normally don't handle well, but enjoy in this fragrance!

For a "fresh" scent, this is nowhere near "sheer", so spray lightly.

ladyarizel
ladyarizel

It's not outstanding but it has such a fun and refreshing scent. Easy summer wear.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

This fragrance opens with a blast of yuzu, too much for me, it was dizzying. However, the drydown is wonderful--sweet, warm and musky citrus tea. Debating whether I can stand the opening enough to make a FB purchase.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

I like the idea of green tea fragrances...I love to drink green tea, and also it kind of symbolizes healthy relaxation to me...but have had a really hard time finding one that a) actually smells like green tea to me and not some weird chemical soup and b) doesn't have woody undertones. If I am going to wear green tea, I want it to be light, fresh, uplifting, and soft--and that is exactly what Teazzurra is.

The vanilla is there from the time the top notes settle to the end of the wearing; I think that is kind of unique in a green tea scent and it's pretty wonderful; it softens the whole effect and makes it very wearable for me. Although not listed, there is almost a minty note mixed with the vanilla, like the white TicTac candies.

I smell the same kind of bergamot that is present in Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau, alongside a sour lemon (like you would squeeze into some green tea!) and a beautiful realistic hint of jasmine that support the star note, which of course is green tea. Heavenly for summer and warm days in spring!

Eicher
Eicher

Totally agree with sumandre's comment. Nonetheless, I will certainly purchase a bottle of this and will make it my summer fragrance. If you like light, green, innocent cologne, go for it. Perfect for hot summer days. It's a generic, classic (and classy) scent.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

When I first sprayed this on the very first thing I smelled was the very sweet jasmine and chamomile. Then suddenly, as though a flip was switched I smelt a green tea citrus explosion! Eventually the citrus dies and you are left with sweet flowers again with a crisp green tea musk. This fragrance is made like cologne, not particularly long lasting nor has strong silage. I love the scent though it just makes me so happy! This reminds me of vacationing in florida, being outside on a beautiful day, and summer.
I would very much like to buy this if I could find a good deal.

sumandre
sumandre

The top notes are great but then, it turns into something really generic. This has been done, over and over again... Citrus fig over soft musky base. Next...

flowerpwrz91
flowerpwrz91

Testing this, I initially thought it was a winner. I loved the fresh opening and the blast of grapefruit.
Sadly, the freshness faded too quickly and all I smell is sweet violets (like the little purple sweets),similar to Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne.
It's a very nice fragrance, just a shame the freshness didn't last a bit longer.
I suppose that's the problem with citrus notes, they don't seem to last long.

Valerie K
Valerie K

Loving this!!! It reminds me of a combination of Lanvin's "Oxygen" and any green tea/jasmine fragrance.. Comforting!!!

gmstrack
gmstrack

Teazzurra by Guerlain opens with a bright splash of citrus (lime zest), a soft jasmine note, and what I can only describe as a green musk. The yuzu is quite noticeable and plays out as a combination of grapefruit and pineapple. The green tea accord slides into view along with a large dose of aquatic musk as the pleasant fruity-floral aspect fades. I do not like this musk at all. To be fair, ‘calone’ is listed as one of the notes and this could be taken as a warning or perhaps a cheeky apology.

Although I wanted to scrub Teazzurra about five minutes after spraying, I suffered through three hours of wear along with some additional sprays to re-examine the opening and decide if this is a sideways thumb or a ‘thumbs down’. Most of the time, if I dislike a fragrance, I try to examine why I don’t like it and sort out if it is just a matter of personal taste or if the fragrance truly is lame. Here is my list of complaints:

1) The aquatic musk smells really terrible—almost headache inducing. This is a matter of personal taste—doesn’t count.
2) The fragrance is a little ‘top loaded’. It smells great when sprayed on paper—the yuzu, floral, and musk strike a pretty harmony—but it falls apart on the skin. But, it could be worse given that the green tea sticks around for at least an hour, so in that respect it is a moderate fail, not a complete fail.
3) The originality just isn’t there. One can easily find a variety of affordable light tea fragrances, so this just makes me think that Guerlain (LVMH) is finding a lucrative niche and cashing in. Duh.

Complaint number 3 is just too big to ignore.

RazzmaTazz
RazzmaTazz

I always drink green tea with jasmine and this reminds me a lot of it! I don't think it is sugary sweet as i've read in another comment. Its just sweetend by the jasmine flowers.
To me it smells like green tea with jasmine with a remnant of camille in the back. The initial blast is hard on my nose but once it has settled down it's a soft and lovely perfume which won't develop any further. I think it's ideal for a warm summer day. I like it, don't love it.

I picture myself sitting in the back of a big green garden full of plants and a couple trees of a French mansion with my big sunglasses, petite dress and fancy hat sipping my cup of jasmine flavored green tea. The sprinklers are on to keep the grass and plants wet which gives the smell and feeling of wet and fresh green plants and grass.

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

I've tried this out today and think it's lovely; the vanilla and the chamomile makes the scent feel tender & sweet to me. it reminds me of Chantal Thomass' Osez-moi quite a bit, in the dry down. this scent makes me feel happy & relaxed and I think I will pick up a bottle.

London shoppers - the current aqua allegoria's are now available in Boots! I've seen them in the westfield white city branch.

Roxana D
Roxana D

Very nice fragrance, so summery and fresh! To me it smells just like the wet sand on a beach in the summer, don't know why it makes me think about seaside.
The lasting powder is also pretty good for such a fresh and citrusy fragrance.

hsheep
hsheep

This isn't very fresh or sparkling on me like I first thought it would, judging that's it's more of a summertime perfume. It's actually much more herbal, I really get the dark tea leaves coming through. There's a tiny bit of sparkle, maybe some mint, that's ruffling things up a bit. It does have some freshness to it that makes it great for warm weather, but I find it much more subdued, it's not very loud. Sort of a comforting freshness that stays close to you.
The tea lasts about 3 hours for me and then I get the dry down skin scent - this is my favourite part. The dry down is a lovely herbal vanilla that lasts about 2-3 more hours before I want to refresh the whole thing. I'm finding all the Guerlains I try are quite comforting on me, makes me happy :)

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This is the smell of peace and harmony. This is the scent of waking up in an isolated island resort to exotic birds chirping and a cup of green tea.

So charming, so uplifting. This is a mood changer! When angry, sad, uncomfortable, nervous or even heartbroken, just spray this on you and tell me how you will feel next.

Green tea, Chamomile and some sweet/bitter citruses mainly yuzu and grapefruit is what I smell the most. a faint and shy jasmine is present way back in the depths of this fragrance.

Performance wise it's good. Lasts a fair bit of time and don't underestimate it's projection as it can have a heavy projection earlier on that becomes shy around the last couple hours of it's life.

So yeah... Great perfume... I like it very much... It would easily be a love for me but it has one major flaw... I find it a bit too feminine than masculine but can be worn by a carefree man... So enjoy it people before it goes discontinued! 7.5/10

Marygold
Marygold

When I was at my village this spring I smelled a bouquet of irises. Couldn't get enough of the scent of iris germanica (to my nose it smelled like lemon cake mixed with the most exquisite and mysterious perfume notes) and said to my boyfriend that it smelled like a complex perfume made by Guerlain. That was my first impression. And I haven't scented such perfume yet!
Today a girl sprayed Teazzurra on my wrist and I was shocked to discover the same beautiful scent of iris germanica!
I like the drydown too. More masculine, but still playful.

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

There is a strange roughness to this fragrance that is very unpleasant. I generally love anything citrus and light but this is abrasive to the nose. What a relief that it evaporated within minutes.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

The opening is very sharp to me - a blast of tea, yuzu and lemon. The drydown is nice and comforting - jasmine and sweet vanilla. I am a fan of perfumes with chamomille so this is a like for me.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

Oh my, what a soft, heavenly scent! Sweet and peaceful, calm and relaxing. It's the best tea scent I've yet met, and I hope I'm not exaggerating. The combination of green tea leaves, chamomile, jasmine, light citrus and the hint of vanilla is to die for. It's quite the linear scent, as is most of the Aqua Allegorias. From the initial zestiness it becomes sweeter as it settles on the skin and the vanilla comes forward, but there's no surprising transformation going on here. It's fine, because such a lovely scent isn't supposed to go through groundbreaking transformations anyway. I love how it is just there, sitting, blooming, enveloping me in this otherworldly cloud of natural, sweet tea aroma.

I'm surprised by how long lasting this Aqua Allegoria is. AA's usually break my heart in that sense that they all are so fleetingly light, but Teazzurra gave me a positive surprise. 7-8 hours are pretty good for what this is. Sillage is armlength until it settles in the drydown. I hope to have it in my collection as soon as I can spare the money.

Michylaka
Michylaka

I love the opening of this as it is so light and airy while also a little on the sweet side. I have been wearing Teazzurra for over a week with a multitude of compliments. I don't get any plastic but then everyone will wear this differently. This is in my opinion one of the best Green Tea fragrances thus far. I have had quite a few. Thierry Wasser is a genius in regards to his trade. He has modernized the Green Tea fragrance market with something more eclectic and interesting. The Main note of Green Tea with the mild Aquatic note are so very refreshing to me. The Yuzu is strong on me and interesting. I also detect quite a bit of Jasmine which is utterly divine. The Chamomile note is quite prominent as well adding a botanical lift. Vanilla and Musk are in the background but add lovely dimensions. The other Citrus notes while not over the top make this fragrance a must have for the Summer. The sillage is moderate and on me Teazzurra lasts for about six hours. Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria line have become some of my favorites and are each and every one unique botanical masterpieces.
10/10+++

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

I agree with those who said it smells like a sweet tea :) green tea + chamomile. Fresh and happy. Any doubt, for tea lovers or lovers of fresh-herbal scents. It has like a therapeutic-calm down effect.

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

I pick up grapefruit and jasmine green tea. A very wispy light frag. Would be best worn with a floaty summer frock and all the things that accompany tea, out on the lawn. I can almost hear the whack of the mallet hitting the croquet ball.

Martin__
Martin__

Unfortunately, it's too sweet, too synthetic and the chamomile overpowers other ingredients, except tea and calone (sic!)

Lasts about 5-6 hours on me and barely projects.

Thierry Wasser, what's wrong with you?

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

Such a disappointment...
Smells very chemical and synthetic, even though the notes would suggest otherwise - natural and airy...
Very citrusy, harsh and shrill at the beggining, base notes are pretty much nonexistent here. In my opinion, it's one of the worst scents within this range, and I'm a big fan of Guerlain and Aqua Allegoria line. Unfortunately - I cannot recommend it.
It gave me a headache. : (

Perfume2009
Perfume2009

Wow, this is bad. This fragrance has made me realize that I don't like green tea as a note in perfumes. I love the scent of brewed green tea that you drink so I was hopeful for this fragrance. Nope - it smells like every other green tea perfume that i've smelled in the past. This is another AA (the other one being neroli Bianca) that I won't be purchasing. Too bad because the color of that blue liquid is just so beautiful.

I'm always anxious about anything new by Guerlain because it's still my favourite perfume house and anything wrong or banal leaves me disappointed.
Teazzurra has arrived and I could not skip it.
I'm not disappointed so far. It's very very light and delicious. It smells fresh and soft, not pungent, not very ozonic nor brash. Too sugary maybe.
With such a display of citruses I was hesitant, but luckily Teazzurra is not brain-hammering. The yuzu is soft and sweet and the nowadays ever present "grapefruit" note (did producers buy it by tanks?) is tamed.
This allow a fresh but not screechy opening.
The tea leaves are very noticeable yet again not overpowering, otherwise it would have been just another green tea scent (do we need it again?)
Anyway if chamomille and jasmine were not there, this perfume would have been much less fulfilling. The jasmine note smells like a diluted fraction of the beautiful discontinued Jasminora.
There is a resemblance with L'Occitane The Vert au Jasmin.
The basenotes are a little warmer and sweeter adding to consistency of the whole blend. I like the faint vanilla.
It's a sweet scent but not sickening.
In my case this is a kind of perfume that I only wear with over 30 C° on a Greek island. Summer ina bottle and so much better than the usual stereotyped "exotic beach suntan lotion" summer scent.

Refreshing, strongly herbal scent, good for warm weather. It smells a bit medicinal, but still it is quite nice. Good blend of green tea and chamomile, I would say. I can recommend it to all green & herbal scents' lovers.

henri345que
henri345que

Since the first creation indicators of this fragrance. Teazzurra has been pointed as a mainstream version of one of the fragrances inside the travel inspired line that Guerlain was discontinuing, the Les Voyages Olfactifs 04 Paris - Tokyo. In my point of view, Teazzurra goes beyond that, since by doing this analysis you forget that Tokyo itself was inserted into a kind of familie of fragrances where Guerlain explores simultaneously the green tea aroma and the floral aroma of wide spring apeal of Lily of the Valley. It's almost like those were an universe in parallel to the heavy gourmand love subject which is a central piece of exploration to the brand.

In this sense, Teazzurra synthesize in an ellegant way other creations from Guerlain, aligned to the brand's stratety of gain maximum return in the ideas previously explored. The combination of citric notas, green tea and jasmine remind both the 1999 creation, Herba Fresca, and the perfume that celebrates the typical flower of japanese spring, the great 2000 Cherry Blossom. E yet, in a less explicit way, it reminds of the fresh and bright part of the wonderful and saddly discontinued Vetiver Pour Elle.

Teazzurra has a soft, citrus side that even not containing mint in the opening it makes me think of a minty freshness. The lilly of the valley accord here seems calibrated precisely in the jasmine nuances, in the more abstract and luminous side, marrying it very well with the citrus part, combining it with the green elements of the greentea note and removing the more complicated elements, the rose bitter nuances, the galbanum and the sour side of citrus. The quite discreet use of chamomile confers it a calming effect, a delicate floral smell that combines very well into a musky base wrapped in discreet vanillic touches.

Teazzurra has a certain linear behavior, but it seems to remember me of the summer pleasures. It's fresh, compact, harminous, breezy, without big leaps in its evolution and a great combiation of previous explored idead. Certainly it's among the good greations already made into the Acqua Allegoria line.

Delightful, sweet and citrusy tea scent. I think it's more feminine than unisex.
It is very light and simple, not an outstanding signature scent, but something about it is just heavenly.
It smells like peaceful warm summer morning, that promises a beautiful day.
I sense mostly tea, citrus notes and something sweet, that must be vanilla.
Nice and calming composition.

knit_at_nite
knit_at_nite

Pretty tea/floral scent made a little herbal with the addition of chamomile. Like this very much but will be waiting until it hits discounters to acquire. One spray lasted 6 hours on my skin. Good work Thierry Wasser. As always, YMMV.

cristale
cristale

very nice and long lasting
I don't know about the others, but to me it smells as fresia

Dark and awful are real strong words!?ll!!! It is a very nice refreshing tea scent, longlasting, more interesting than most tea scents out there...of course it isn't outstanding, it is just a refreshing nice tea scent, I don't find it so sweet, but it is smooth and pleasant ..nothing more, nothing less...for the price, definitely overated...

Sweetiekitty
Sweetiekitty

First it was a lemony confection, that lasted about 15 minutes, then it was something bad, something dank and awful, that lasted about 15 minutes. Then it was gone.

dannysmom
dannysmom

What can I say about this one? It's sweet!!! As in a cup of sweet tea with extra sugar and lemon. I'm a tea drinker so I like it, but I think I might get tired of it pretty quickly. Sillage is light (like the others in the series). It's an interesting fragrance, but doesn't develop much. Basically, it's a sweet tea fragrance. :)

If you're looking to test this in the US, Nordstrom stores are carrying it right now.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Teazzurra fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Teazzurra, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Teazzurra by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Teazzurra by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.