Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent Guerlain for women

Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent Guerlain for women
dislike

Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent is a new fragrance for women by the house of Guerlain presented in 2009. It is constructed as a floral fragrance with accentuated accords of exotic Tiare flower.

Tiare Flower

Monoi Eau des Vahines

Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent Fragrance Reviews

belle de sud
belle de sud

I love the tiare scented Terracotta Eau sous le vent. It is very sweet and tropical while maintaining its strict French upbringing. An unusual floral and quite refreshing.

Henriette
Henriette

Love, love this a lot. I like its sweet creaminess, this morning, while spraying this on, I thought "Lord, it's like Fracas wore bikini!" Yes, it has a hint of Fracas in the distance, as if Fracas took off her elegant tailleur and wore a colourful bikini. But this Terrecotta Eau sous le Vent is more than this: it's a nice after shower hydrating lotion without being sticky and, yes, I am wearing it on my face too. With the heat of these days a cream would be too much and Terracotta ESLV is just perfect.
A good-for-all product: scent, body lotion, face hydrating cream. Well worth trying it.

freddinos
freddinos

Unlike most Guerlain products, Terracotta Eau Sous le Vent is a simple and light skinscent. I understand it was designed to be worn under the summer sun and not to overpower, but in my honest opinion it just lacks the wow/Guerlain factor that would separate it from the masses. I have a bottle of Yves Rocher Eau des Vahines that smells better and more interesting than this! A plain, tiare/gardenia very soft scent, to be worn liberally and without thinking about it too much. I wouldn't recommend it if you are looking to make a statement or smell expensive:( Or buy Yves Rocher Eau des Vahines instead, it is better and more long lasting!

smellhunt
smellhunt

I just love this one! I will not try to define it like other reviewers, to me is just a treat for the senses!!!
I use it after shower on damp skin, same way I use any body oil and I enjoy the fragrance, the cooling effect and how silky it makes my skin, without any greasiness.
I find that it smells of flowers, jasmine? gardenia? but there are some woody accords and a hint of caramel too.
On me it's a close to the skin scent, that perfumes my whole body very pleasantly and lasts all day, even when I'm the only one(OK my husband too)who can smell it.
Sometimes when I want to enhance its silage I use a scented body cream that shares some of the notes I recognize and I believe that it also compliments my perfume.
"Eau Sous Le Vent" is worth a try and I'm sure, you will find a way to enjoy it!

Blimunda
Blimunda

As much as I know, this is really not a perfume, but moisturizing oil recommended to be used after sun tanning. It has beautiful exotic beachy smell, indeed, but it fades away after only a couple of minutes. There is also another version of it that has bronze, sparkling dust within itself that leaves marvelous shimmery trail on the skin.

The package is stunning, looks like a bottled sunset!

mery09
mery09

It is a hydrating fragrance ,smells nice,exotic,I use this after sunbath,but the smell doesn't last too much.

adriana.rizzati

@ruxxy: at what point in my speech would I have offended someone?

On Fragrantica and on the official website of Guerlain are written two completely different things: the first one talks about a fragrance, the second one talks about a tanning oil. This is misleading.

I don't have "Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent", but I've got "SOUS LE VENT" THE PERFUME, which is a totally different thing (it's missing in Fragrantica's database): this perfume was given to me at Christmas, so I'm sure of what I'm talking about.
Before writing my review about "Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent" I searched my information directly into a perfume shop to clarify my doubts, and the saleswoman (a trusted person and a friend of mine) told me that this product is ALSO a tan enhancer, NOT ONLY a fragrance suitable for sunbathing, as you said.
If it were merely a fragrance, it couldn't have a hydrating and protecting action. If it were composed only of "alcohol, water and so on" (what is "so on"? Why aren't you more specific?) like the other perfumes, it couldn't be spread on all the body, because it would leave dry and damaged skin, especially in the most sensitive points... so this is more than a perfume.
Guerlain defines it "a delicious mist, a precious oil".
Did you know that even many essential oils do not leave an oily spot when dropped, because they volatilize quickly, but the same they are called "oils"?

Well, Rosesbecomeme wrote about an effect on melanin that sounds dangerous, and recommended to use it when it's cold. I don't think "Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent" is dangerous, so I just told her that wearing a suntan lotion in winter does not make much sense, especially if she doesn't trust it.
Come on Ruxxy, if that sounds offensive to you, maybe you're a bit too sensitive, don't you?
I never doubted that "Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent" has a strong, lovely smell. I just wrote the detailed information I got in a perfume shop by an insider: she's not only a professional, she also use Terracotta line on herself and she loves it.
You can disagree, but there is no reason to warm up so much and raise your shield to defend the other members from my review.

ruxxy
ruxxy

This is NOT an oil, there is a polar liquid in it (like alcohol, water and so on - these are just examples of polar liquids, there is no ingredient list on the bottle), it doesn't leave an oily spot when it's sprayed and it has a STRONG smell of tiare and orange blossom.

It is a hydrating fragrance ("Eau de sante Hydratante", as it says on the bottom), suitable for sunbathing because it doesn't irritate the skin.

And the name is a marketing strategy, to attract both new and old clients by mixing the name of two well known fragrances by Guerlain, "Terracotta Voile d'Ete" and "Sous le Vent".

If you check the Guerlain website, you see that both the oil and THIS mist have the same description: "Huile du Voyageur is a dry oil that leaves the skin wonderfully silky-smooth. Its evanescent, beneficial caress nourishes, perfumes and enhances tanned skin leaving a subtle iridescent sheen..."

And this description obviously belongs to the oil, as the mist is not an oil and has no sparkling particles.

adriana.rizzati

"Terracotta Eau sous le Vent" is not just a fragrance, but a soothing moisturizing oil.

The perfume "Sous le Vent" by Guerlain is totally different from the picture above: it is a golden bottle with a glass, transparent top, and it is not in the line "Terracotta".

Be careful: if you find "Terracotta Eau sous le Vent", you aren't only buying a perfume, but also a body oil to enhance the tan.

@ rosesbecomeme: using "Terracotta Eau sous le Vent" on your wrist when it's cold is a nonsense... if you don't trust it, you'd better look for the perfume.

mary jane
mary jane

I have Bronze Goddess and for me this doesnt smell the same way!!! This is much more flowery than Bronze Goddess while B.G. is more leathery! Its a pleasant and charming fragrance. Tiare at its most best I could say. I always liked tiare but in perfumes its always very intense and heavy while in this its like a breeze having captured the smell of the flower... <3

guest_G
guest_G

i adore this,everybody says the smell is pleasant

Marianne
Marianne

This is a gorgeous, longlasting Tiaré scent-not as artificial as the one from Yves Rocher. It's warm and smooth, the ideal summer (night) scent. I think it's a very interesting bottle.
This summer, another Tiaré scent from Guerlain was introduced - Tiaré Mimosa. It's lighter and more easily wearable at daytime.

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

I am no expert but this smelt woody to me. The Guerlain girl had no idea what was in it and was more concerned that it would ( worn when sunbathing) increase your tan by bringing melanin up to the surface. Despite it's lovely fragrance I'd run a mile because that sounds dangerous. Try it on your wrist while it's cold !

Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent by Guerlain 4.26 out of 5 based on 58 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.