Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Terracotta Le Parfum Guerlain for women
dislike

coconut
yellow floral
Terracotta Le Parfum Guerlain for women Pictures Terracotta Le Parfum Guerlain for women Pictures Terracotta Le Parfum Guerlain for women Pictures

To celebrate 30 years of the Terracotta bronze cosmetics line, Guerlain launches limited edition Terracotta Le Parfum with other Terracotta products. This is the third fragrance of this collection, following Voile d’Été (1999) and Eau Sous le Vent (2009). Perfumer Thierry Wasser describes the new scent as "the allure of the sun in a bottle."

The composition comprises of solar floral tones. It opens with accords of bergamot, coconut and tiare flower. Its heart includes white florals such as jasmine, ylang-ylang and orange blossom, laid on the sultry base of musk and vanilla.

The fragrance is available as 50 ml Eau de Parfum. Terracotta Le Parfum was launched in 2014.

Bergamot Coconut Tiare Flower

Intense Tiare

Terracotta Le Parfum Fragrance Reviews

aqua76239
aqua76239

I spotted it by accident in Neiman Marcus and tried it-first thought was "OMG I LOVE THIS"

Fast forward to next half hour-I was thinking that while I really do like this it reminded me of something else(lol sorry, I know I do this a lot)
and presto-Tuscany per Donna from Estee Lauder minus coconut and tiare flower. Its Tuscany tropical twin, for sure.

After that "revelation", I decided against it since its too similar to Tuscany which I own.
But its a nice scent and I would have bought it otherwise for sure

The Blue Eyed Gay Prince.
The Blue Eyed Gay Prince.

A-m-a-z-i-n-g!

beautiful perfume that smeels like pure sunshine,beaches,sand,and luxery islands.

i tried so many summertime fragrances (and hated most).

this one...my god this one is it!

simply addicting and oh so seductive.

so so sexy.

Kmam
Kmam

Gorgeous. A beautiful big blast of jasmine and ylang ylang at first that settles down and lets the tiare and coconut take over. It's very evocative of a sunny tropical garden and feels, as others have said, quite luxurious.

Its sillage is moderate - a bit "louder" in hot weather which we don't get a lot of in Scotland! It's longevity isn't great, for a parfum, but there's a certain pleasure to be had in experiencing the opening again.

Edited to add that, though I have a decant of the EDP, it seems that all that's available in the UK is EDT - I'll need to try it as well as I think this is full bottle worthy!

arteditors
arteditors

it's an edt not an edp and comes in 100mls. this fragrance made me want it because i am using the terracotta sun cream from guerlain and found its aroma intoxicating and well suited for the summer. i have not tried it in the cool but i suspect this fragrance goes finer and more heady than it really is in the summer. the opening is of white flowers and a little bit of coconut but not cheap coconut it's very subtle. the white flowers keep coming up.

it's not very strong and it's sillage is medium. it becomes a skin scent well passed the 10 hours. so i wore it at night and i could smell it on me 10 hours later. typical guerlain, long lasting skin scent that makes you smile the following day when you get a whiff off it.

it did not give me any citrus fruit as usual from other guerlains. i thought ok. why not. white flowers, coconut, jasmin, gardenia, tiare name it as you wish, let's stick to white flowers - just as cyprus smells at night on a hot summer's night, perfect summer fragrance.

here comes the very very weird bit that surprised me extremely pleasantly. as i was driving home three hours after its application i started getting a sweet orange smell, innocent, not sharp. so i started sniffing me, it was terracotta... i thought ok... it works like a parfum. inverted. i got the base notes first - white flowers coconut, then the heart was white flowers and the base/drydown was citrus fruit, but not the usual sharp lemon/bergamot openings. it was a soft sweet orange reminding me of carefree and childhood times, like a bakery orange flavouring. how could they do that? very surprised.

i would keep it as a summer fragrance but i prefer heavier artillery for the winter... it's a keeper in my collection

MissButterfly
MissButterfly

Creamy, luxurious, rich perfume.
Elegant lady on vacation; sitting in the terrace of expensive hotel by the sea, she is holding creamy, tropical drink in her hand ornamented by beautiful jewellery.

Jasmine and ylang ylang give the richness, tiare adds the sweetness and coconut is a silent veil of this creation. It lasts forever on the skin and clothes.

Terracotta could be a signature scent of one of the most beautiful places I have ever visit, French Riviera, which was already mentioned few times here.

Masterpiece among rich summer scents.

olga_adriana
olga_adriana

I don't get too much coconut, even though somehow that feeling of it is evoked. It smells at once summery, beachy, and yet it is quite creamy and sweet in my opinion.

The sweetness comes from the Tiare flower. I was just on vacation in a very hot place. I took terracotta with me and wore it most days. I got a little sick of it after a while.

Someone smelled this on me and thought that it was gardenia. I can see that. Gardenia, like Tiare flower, for me, is something that can become old kind of quickly, though at first, it smells wonderful :)

My first experience with Terracotta was actually via the bronzing powder by Guerlain. It smells the same. But the compact smells like perfume- not the other way around, as is normally the case, where perfumes try to smell like makeup.

It's an interesting scent, and definitely one I appreciate in my collection. I can see it being used year round, as it is so creamy and a bit heavy - at least on first spray. I have the EDT (not sure if there is an EDP?) the staying power wasn't too great on me, at least in a very hot and humid climate. it seems that my skin ate it right up. i expect something stronger once the weather cools down a bit. Projection is decent, shortly after you spray it. Maybe it's better for summer nights than summer days.

I might have a better opinion of it if the longevity was a little better, but I really do like it and I am sure i'll wear it a lot in the future. It's a complex and interesting perfume, what one would expect from Guerlain. Someone described it as "Samsara light". I can see that - these two have some similar quality, though I don't know exactly what. It has a rich character, like Samsara, even with the different notes. It's nowhere near as overpowering though

goldiloks
goldiloks

The bottle oozes luxury, and the fragrance is beautiful. Extremely similar to Yves Rocher Monoi Eau des Vahines, with extra jasmine oomph!

Jasmine is a fickle mistress, and unfortunately nearly always gives me a ratty old headache. On me it dominates, and poor tiare doesn't really get a look in :( I have a generous amount left in my bottle, if anyone would like to do a swap.

freddinos
freddinos

The notes and style are those of my kind of perfume, yet I do not covet a bottle of this.
It feels ordinary, well made, nice smelling, exotic yet ordinary.
I have had the same thrill with even stronger sillage and longevity with much cheaper but similar fragrances, Yves Rocher and so many others.
I would not mind a full bottle at all, I just found myself not prepared to pay its full price at the Guerlain counter today, despite the lovely SA's best efforts (Gosh I hate trying and eventually not buying, I totally hate it!)

Planet_X
Planet_X

I am step away to recognize this fragrance as a modern times masterpiece simply for its lactonic quality that I only met before in Dior's Diorella. Composition seems straight forward one, but it is a true symphony of top,heart and base notes, very complicated to reach such a grandiose smoothness in reality, but here no edges, it pours like from the air itself, enveloping you like a second skin. Very pleasant surprise for me by all means.

Madrona
Madrona

Creamy Mediterranean vibe in this one. It smells very white to me but I can certainly see the Terracotta as well, it is a nice contrast. Fresh, airy, sunkissed. Thierry Wasser did it again.

AveParfum
AveParfum

The white flowers in Terracotta are blissfully intoxicating. They seem like they are from such a faraway place that I will probably never go there. Like ancient Greece. If sunshine could become a syrup and drip down onto earth and into a bottle, that would be Terracotta. It's an intense white floral, but it isn't sharp or cloying. The scent is on another level of velvety, buttery and luxurious.

With soft coconut and milky vanilla blended in, your scent trail will leave an impression of tanning oil, mythical flowers, and golden sunlight pouring down on scalding hot rocks. Bring sandals and a hat!

While I will certainly revel in wearing this in the warmer months, I have always enjoyed wearing tropical/beachy perfumes in winter too, and Terracotta will be the first on my list when I need to mentally escape from dreary days.

Sillage and longevity are great. Projects better than a skin scent and lasts for several hours before a touch-up is needed.

medea_svenspoa
medea_svenspoa

YUMMY...
My last obsession is finding out monoi fragrances, and I fell in love with this one. Tiarè flowers are absolutely creamy here and let you carried away to a paradisiac tropical island.
Very similar to Monoi by Yves Rocher, they both smell like a sun tan lotion :)

Allan R
Allan R

Almost the exact opposite of what I usually look for in a fragrance. But this one puts a smile on my face, because its various floral and fruity notes combine to create the illusion of my favorite flower: gardenia. Tiare is a close cousin (a sub-species, I believe) of gardenia, of course.

To me this scent replicates everything I love about gardenia, with its creamy, almost edible (like an imaginary fruit), slightly sour, overripe perfect smell.

Still surprised I bought this one, but I have no regrets.

Titibug
Titibug

My mind was quietly doing the hula (low key) in tune to Yves Rocher Monoi Eau des Vahines, which was happily meeting my low key anticipations. Then I sprayed this, and I get tropical tiare IN THE FLESH! I mean (and sorry about this) this perfume did a hip-gyrating hula in my face and made me believe for a second that I had booked a holiday at a Sandals resort. Fortunately, the pleasures of the flesh are short-lived, and so is Terracotta Le Parfum. Although it's pretty and I'm sniffing it madly in the 20 minutes before its siren-song fades, Guerlain is wobbling on its pedestal (where I installed it because of Shalimar etc and L'Instant). TLP is pretty, crude and (by default) evanescent. Bye-bye sweet Sandals scent, I wish I had not paid a day's labour for you.

EDIT: I know that my cultural reference point is limited and have never been to India or many other places in the world. In that respect, I shut my mouth and appreciate other people's perspectives.

blake.lee
blake.lee

I wanted to love this, but I'm disappointed. I mean it's pretty, but it's very light with hardly any silage or lasting power. It smells a lot like Lys Soleia only less citrus and slightly sweeter. I wish it was more like an EL Bronze Goddess minus the vetiver in Bronze Goddess that I hate. It's not heavy enough on the coconut and tiare. It's more of a lighter lily based fragrance. Bought a whole bottle blind too. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. It's pretty, I'll probably still use it sometimes.

miletas89
miletas89

This is soooo nice - I'm so glad Guerlain have added it to their permanent collection. It smells like a holiday in the tropics, or alternatively, like a beautiful woman with garlands of jasmine in her hair. The warm coconut note turns it from "posh" white floral to "sexy" and warm white tropical floral.

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

ANOTHER EDIT: I was wrong about longevity here..this lasted all day on me today...13 hours and I can still smell this on my skin. I think dry skin may have been the culprit.

EDIT: I have had the opportunity to wear this a few times, and I luv luv luv it, but the staying power is just not there which is a friggin' crying shame! It's my only complaint about this perfume.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: This was a blind buy-I do this alot with Guerlains because there is no shop near me that sells this house.

I love this perfume! It is so perfectly named, as this smells just like terracotta pots to me, but soft with a slight flowery sweetness.

This doesn't smell like beach to me and I don't really get alot of coconut in this. This feels like an afternoon heatwave and stepping on the hot patio stones in the backyard garden where the terracotta flower pots have been sunbathing all day. If I close my eyes, I can feel the heat of the sun on my face. Amazing juice! Sorry, I tend to describe perfumes in a feeling as opposed to what I smell, which probably isn't very helpful!

Longevity is not the best on me, but I like it's softness (for a change). I completely disagree with those who say this is generic, this doesn't smell like any other perfume I have smelled, it's unique to me, and I adore it! Oh and usual, I can count on Guerlain for quality, nothing synthetic about this.

Miss_Vanity
Miss_Vanity

I tried it and tiare is absolutely dominant on my skin. I can hardly detect jasmine. It smells amazing, however the similarity to tiare based sunscreens is striking, hence I am not paying 70 euros which is the RRP in Greece for just a pretty perfume. Longevity and silage are also poor, so I'm gonna stick to an affordable one, i.e. from the drugstore.

Chelsea1605
Chelsea1605

Oh this is beautiful on my skin. It starts out with the heavy white florals, especially jasmine then after about 10 minutes the coconut comes through but it isn't overbearing at all.
It then mellows down and some warmth comes through from the vanilla.

I expected this to smell like some odd sun lotion but it is far from it. It would be beautiful in summer though. NEED!

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

Like so many jasmine based frags before, this behaves very badly on my skin. Words fail me at describing how grim it is. Like a terrible toilet bowl cleaner. What a shame as it smelt so lovely on the tester strip. Again it is me, not the frags fault.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

This perfume to me is beautiful. I find it very calming, exotic and so relaxing. As a previous reviewer stated it does smell like India. India as the most beautiful smelling flowers and this perfume as captured that perfectly. I have visited Goa in India a few times and this perfume reminds me of Goa. A beautiful fragrance that as been blended with beautiful jasmine, tiara flowers and a dash of coconut. The perfect cocktail of a summer fragrance. Cheers!!

RaggedyAnne
RaggedyAnne

I was sent a decant of Terracotta before Christmas, by a lovely generous Fragrantican, and thank you SO much for that DiamondR4ever, I have only just got around to testing it. Going by reviews here I wasnt expecting it to last above 2 hours because I have dry skin.....not so! I really love the opening notes of coconut + Tiare, and then a short time later I get the Jasmin and Orange Blossom. Luckily I havent picked out very much Vanilla, which pleases me because although I do like a little Vanilla, too much makes me feel nauseas.
I have been wearing this now for 8+ hours, and there's still no sign of it disappearing, which pleases me no-end because I am in love with Terracotta. I have a wonderful 5-6 ml left in the decant, and this will definately be one that I would buy a FB of.
EDITED TO ADD
I am now the proud owner of a full 100ml of this precious juice, and I have decanted some in an atomiser for my handbag to keep with me at all times. I love it, its the perfect perfume for me, summer or winter, day or night, work or play.... a brilliant all-rounder I would say.

thegreekone
thegreekone

I really love this fragrance!Most people say that it's for summer,i think it wears better the colder months.The composition is quite simple thought.You smell a typical monoi tiare scent but with great lasting power.Not to lie but i bought it mostly for the eye catching bottle,even if i still like the fragrance,it's not a unique smell.

qatarkind
qatarkind

Good fragrance. It reminds me of weddings and parties in India when people are using and wearing white flowers there especially Jasmine. I feel it's INDIA in a bottle even my mom and my friends told me it is so Indian. So sweet

Ouch!
Ouch!

Lovely!! Absolutely gorgeous bottle too.

This is a white floral for people that do not necessarily always mesh well with white florals.

A beautiful combination of smooth ylang-ylang & Tiare, with the Jasmine giving it just a bit of an edge. The orange blossom doesn't prevail on my skin. The whole bunch of flowers is smoothed out beautifully by a tinge of coconut and vanilla. I actually thought the coconut would be much more prominent but, on my skin it's noticeable but not one of the main notes. It's more of an accent to the gorgeous flowers as is the vanilla.

The ylang-ylang is noticeable more at first, then the other 3 flowers come to the forefront (still with the orange blossom trailing behind)

I don't think this is the most Guerlain-esque fragrance I've smelled but it has a lovely smooth tone with the white flowers running the show.

I did expect it to smell more tropical also. This is more of a white flower extravagaza but done with such class. Not a scary screechy white floral that's got a distracting huge coconut note.

I stays fairly linear on my skin also, it isn't a monster in terms of sillage, it feels juuuust right.
It's a pleasure to wear and I will be busting this one out next summer. It makes me feel all special.

Layana

Totally agree the notes really "sing" in colder weather

mongibella

I've already written here a love letter to this lovely fragrance, but just wanted to add that it is blooming in full strength now, when it's colder.
In warm weather it was a bit flat, but now it really shows the depth, the notes and the strength. And it lasts longer in colder weather on me.
Enjoying it every day now :)

Layana

Just bought this and so glad I did. I don't know what's happening to me I've been on a perfume buying craze. First Ivoire now this.

It's a bit heady in the beginning with the white florals and scared me off a bit. But it smells lovely and well blended. The bergamot and orange blossom freshen it all up. I'm not into white florals so much but I enjoy this. The dry down is so much better for me. The warmth of the perfume really comes through. You get the powdery vanilla for sure but a hint of coconut. Not enough for me as I adore coconut but it's there. I think it's great value. I disagree that it smells like sun tan lotion. It smells more like a tropical garden at night along with expensive makeup powder. From what I gather the name of the perfume is Terracotta le parfum but it actually is an edt (if someone has the edp as well please correct me).

It lasts really well even though it may not seem very strong. I get wafts of it now and then as it lingers throughout the day. Perfect for this type of scent because any more would just be too much. Am very happy.

julieekerr
julieekerr

this frag is just lovely. On me It reminds me of coco chanel. It comes up on my skin fairly spicy even though these notes are not listed. I usually wear it with Serge Lutens Un Bois vanille. Try it- Wow. I am a guerlain lover and like the top end collections but this is just fab and very affordable. longevity and silage are good and though it suggests a summer perfume i would wear it all year round.As it is a limited edition i have purchese a spare.

mrsg34
mrsg34

Creamy coconut, jasmin and tiare flower combine with that tell tale Guerlain powderness and vanilla to create a desert island, sunny holiday scent. It's a light scent to me which reminds me of holidays in the sun which on a rainy day in the u.k is very welcome!

Hipchick40
Hipchick40

Oh how I love thee, let me count the ways! Ylang, vanilla, bergamot, white flowers, guerlain in general. That makes five ways and that's just off the top of my head. I could make it seven by also adding sillage and longevity too, for both are great on my skin! I am a Guerlain nut for sure, but that doesn't mean I blindly love everything from the revered house (think Jicky or Lavande Velours) and I am always critical. But this is d-i-v-i-n-e in my opinion. It's more flowery than tropical on my skin. It's more ylangy than Jasmin and more gardenia than coconut. But the blend as a whole is complex so the feeling of it is rich, opulent and just all around fabulous! It is currently quite warm (let's be real, it's hoooot out!) and sticky so I know this is what most consider Terracotta's prime wearing time, but my hope is that I can stretch it into being fall appropriate, perhaps in combination with something else, because I'd hate to have to wait three seasons before wearing it again. We shall see!

hsheep
hsheep

I've been using this in my rotation all summer. It's a beautiful floral coconut, with a dry and airy accord to it that reminds me of hot sand. I get a hint of sweet vanilla, but it's quite subdued by the other notes. It's got a touch of sweetness and creaminess that's just right. It became an instant love at first sniff - which was good because it was a blind buy based off these yummy reviews.

It could be because my nose is now used to this scent, but I don't find it long lasting. Although, at first I could smell it throughout the entire day, now I find it lasts about 3-4 hours as a skin scent only. Maybe the longevity will come back after I put it away for the coming winter and my nose forgets about it.

emmarion
emmarion

My first Guerlain. I spent the morning testing fragrances at the mall and with one sniff of this I was in love. I was instantly transported back to a magical vacation in Greece when I was a child. We spent the days jumping off windswept cliffs into crystalline water and picnicking in flower gardens. The scent is so pure and real I might as well be burying my face in the flowers themselves... The coconut kicks in a few minutes later and only adds to the wonderful bohemian summer feeling. I'm going on a road trip around Australia this summer and I already know that I'll be wearing this every day. This perfume has jumped from unknown to me, to an eternal favorite in the space of one spritz.

zukigirl
zukigirl

Guerlain hasn't let me down yet...a delicious scent which transports you to your own private island....mmmmm, simply gorgeous!!

Perseia
Perseia

Imagine sweet summer, sandy beach, sea and sun. Imagine oily tanned body on a sunbed.

Am I here or on a tropical island? And is it Guerlain Terracotta or Piz Buin?

Momenti
Momenti

"The Island of Love" ****

I imagine Gauguin being surrounded by the scent of tropical flowers in the islands of love. This kind of smell transports me instantly to an open eyes dream. And I love tiare and frangipani.

My reference is still Songes, but Terracotta is magnificent, with the usual Guerlain touch of quality. Not too much vanilla, happily (I am not a huge fan). The dry down is very comforting. And your personal space becomes paradisiac.

TillyWave
TillyWave

This is some sweet white flowers! Heavenly so, however. All the sweet notes come from the flowers, while there is some coconut and vanilla in here, the all the sweet notes are floral, not foody.

The sweetest white flower of all, tiare, accented with only a hint of citrus, opens everything up. Then the sweet jasmine comes marching out, and then the ylang ylang joins in. The base has a bit of vanilla in it to smooth things out a bit, but mostly this is a floral from top to bottom. Nice lasting power and projection.

Very nice for summer, or if you miss summer. I like coconut suntan perfumes but I don't think this is one of them. This is what I think Hawaii smells like, when I am in the middle of winter and its 10 degrees out and I smell nothing but cold, woodsmoke, and snow.

tijgetje
tijgetje

On my skin this starts with Jasmine as dominant note. Then the Tiareflower starts to come in front about 20 minutes. This is so tropical sweet, but I really LOVE it! I also smell Ylang - Ylang, Neroli, and cocos (little) I wear it at daytime. It gives me a instant holiday feeling :-) in a very good way. The only thing that's holding me back is the price. 95 euro's !! for 50 ml. Way to much I think.
I did purchased 2 testers for a little price. So I can enjoy this parfume. Sillage is good, smell is close to the skin. I think it suits colder summerdays perfect.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

You can always tell a Guerlain, can't you? This smells like Samsara "light" with a hefty dash of coconut to me. That's not a bad thing...

anava33

I loved Terracota le Parfum! Amei o Terracota le Parfum! Floral suave e discreto. A única coisa que deixa a desejar é a fixação. Ao contrário das outras fragrâncias Guerlain, a fixação é fraquíssima!

fiouu
fiouu

Fragrance available as 100 ml EDT.
Isn't it weird how almost all of Guerlain creations seem edible somehow? Terracotta Le Parfum is no exception. Waxy, dry and sweet, like a whipped cream and exuberant vanilla candle, there is some burnt note that adds some dryness, but it's very soft, like warmed sand.
This feels kind of dated. Like those perfumes made eons ago. It's Very Glamorous, it's heady, warm
It almost feels wrong to wear it to the beach, I just don't think it belongs there.
The tiare flower adds a lovely creamy side, I cannot get over how sweet and edible this smells.
When I sampled it I disliked it.... Greatly. I smelled tuberose, gardenia and some other stuff I really didn't care about. I ended up buying it because Guerlain perfumes always end up growing on me.
Fast forward a week, I even forgot I bought it, It sat unopened on my desk. I hate the white box, I hate the bottle, I hate the cap, I hate the nozzle, I hate the coin in the middle.
Anyways, to my third World country nose, this smells fabulous, yet again it's sweet (not sickly sweet, Just honey vanilla-like sweet), very natural, an amazing solar floral which makes you think of the sun beams and bronzed skin, and the very particular smell of Hot sand infused with coconut. It smells SO expensive.
oh and mind you, companies here don't carry many coconut perfumes Or beachy scents.

mongibella

Love jasmine, ylang-ylang, white flowers, Natalia Vodianova, sun and summer! Here it's all in one :) how pretty. Lasting power is great, and all the stages are equally pretty and flowery, which I also love and which also happens quite rare, to me. I don't sense much coconut here, but definitely much flowers and tiare.

I might be lucky to use non-scented suntan lotions :D so I don't get any suntan/spray/beach reference here. Only delicate yummy white flowers. I can't wait to go back to one small perfume shop here in Oslo tomorrow and buy a full bottle of this beauty. In this green norwegian winter (it's +10 C!) this perfume will remind me that summer does actually exist. Somewhere, right?

ETA: now I've got a full bottle of this and so happy! Jasmine tree is blooming outside my window in the garden, I picked some flowers and put them in my room and now Terracotta on my wrists and the flowers in water are speaking to each other, the same language :) The perfume is sweeter in a delicate way, like vanilla ice-cream. Sunshine in a bottle indeed.

jurocha2710
jurocha2710

I was really exited to try this one out, and I was thinking that it was going to come home with me for this summer but well, expectations....

I really enjoyed the opening, very summery, white flowers, really interesting scent! But then some minutes after I could feel it becoming more and more sweet and strong in the coconut. For me the coconut it's not very prominent in the begging but after it became a bit unberable, to sickly sweet in the coconut and its mixture with the vanilla. I think is just me tough, all the perfumes turn out sweeter on my skin and I kinda can't stand very much perfumes with the coco.

I'm sad, I really wanted to love it, and I ended up washing my wrists....But I'm sure this one is going to do just well to a lot of people, sadly not me!

theladymay
theladymay

Beautiful tropical fragrance. Lovely tiare flower, awesome jasmine, a pinch of coconut blended with just enough musk, orange blossom and vanilla to make it creamy, exotic and delicious smelling while avoiding that cheap suntan lotion vibe. It's hands down the classiest summer perfume I know. Unfortunately, it disappears on me in an insanely short amount of time in both hot and cool weather. :(

Dafja
Dafja

This perfume is gorgeous!! But it is not long lasting!! So for that reason i would not lay down 50 Euros for it!! Sad to pay so much money and not getting what you paid for.. okay the smell is nice but the lasting power is shit!!! The smell is dominated by gardenia and terra flower!

katieathens
katieathens

Upon the first sniff I got transfered in the late '80ies at our old house! Hot summer nights in Athens, at our back yard with the lemon trees and the jasmine. Mamma, papa, me, my siblings, aunties,uncles and cousins all together talking loudly, laughing, eating...and the most loud presence of all was that of our jasmine, painting our evenings! That was happiness!

Peta22
Peta22

I think I might be on a mission to collect all the Terracotta I can lay my hands on before it disappears…. Funny thing though, after checking all the local (Australian) online stores and finding it out of stock everywhere I looked, I proceeded to order the only bottle I could find online – from Russia! Then later that day I ended up in David Jones and, low and behold, there it was on their shelves!! Anyway, I sniffed the tester and my heart dropped a bit as I just wasn’t that sure about it… I already had a couple of fragrances on and so there seemed no point in spraying the Terracotta on as well as I’d already ordered it anyway. So today it arrives (much quicker than I expected mind you!) and I cautiously spray a tiny bit onto my wrist. I read in an earlier review that someone said they were ‘Ylang-Ylangised’ – yep – that explains it perfectly!! That reviewer wasn’t impressed by this strong cloud of Ylang-ylang though whereas I’m in love with it. The opening notes are pure ylang ylang for me – just as pungent as the bottle of ylang ylang essential oil I have sitting on my bedside cupboard. After a few minutes it warms up and starts to change though – it becomes warmer and creamier. This is new note is something I’m familiar with but I don’t know the name of… I think of white flowers and honeysuckle… I’m now seeing the Lys Solera familiarity. I can sense coconut as well but it seems very, very faint – almost more of a ‘filler’ to assist with the creamy feel of the fragrance. I’m surprised its given as a top note as I didn’t get that at all. About 20-30mins in and I’m starting to sense the vanilla coming through. After a couple of hours this settled on me like a chocolate skin scent reminiscant of Spiritueuse Double Vanille but with a touch of Ylang Ylang and coconut still present. So far, I'm enchanted by this fragrance. I do think it's very similar to Lys Solera but I love both so I have no issues about that at all. Actually I might try one on each wrist to directly compare... Regardless, I'm one very, very happy perfumista!

myjebo2012
myjebo2012

I love the smell. However when I went to Neiman's and sprayed the tester it sold me instantly. Now I can barely smell it but its very nice. I guess lather it with the Terracota shimmer liquid bronzer.

AllyWillems
AllyWillems

My mom is going to the aeroport on Tuesday and I have told her to look out at Duty Free and grab me a bottle of this! However, given it's hard to find AND I will want a backup since it's discontinued, I will also buy myself a bottle.

This is a lovely Guerlain, gorgeous bottle, comfortable summer scent and unique in it's own way. Hope it won't disappear from shops by Tuesday since it's so popular!

deda147
deda147

Terracotta, my true summer love,. You sing your lovely rhapsody in summer; perfectly balanced and never tiring to listen to. It opens up with tiare, enhanced with a sparkling bergamot and creamy coconut. It quickly transitions into a lush, iridiscent heart in which a fruity ylang ylang and jasmine form a cloud of lovely, tropical loveliness - but the tiare is the main star in this fragrance. It ends with a whisper of slight clean musk and a lovely, 'sandy', warm vanilla. A combination of tiare, ylang ylang and jasmine caressed by a whisper of Guerlinade. A true masterpiece for me indeed. Sillage is soft but inviting, and it is quite longlasting.

Terracotta works best during summer heat, or at least, when it's quite warm. It blooms more and you can detect more of the floral 'layers'. I tested it once during a spring day and it kind of fell flat - but it could also be accounted to my one year old decant of it. Recommended to everyone who likes to smell gorgeous during summer, regardless of gender since it makes everyone smell great!

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

I am actually more impressed with this one than I thought I would be. I'm wearing it from a dab-on sample vial today, and it is weaving around me a soft white tropical flower veil with a wee bit of sweetness from (I'm guessing) the vanilla. The vanilla is subtle and counterbalances the white flowers and lifts them, makes them almost airy. I don't smell "coconut" but it must be in the background as a support player. I'm actually impressed! This isn't loud or cloying and it doesn't smell like suntan oil (which was my initial concern). It is so delicately blended, and that is what impresses me. In less skillful hands, this could veer off into too many unappetizing directions. I like this, but for now it will stay on my "to buy" list. I am not in a hurry to purchase it, because I already have Lys Soleia which I love and have been neglecting. But I think I will splurge on this, in future, even if it means waiting until next summer (I think Guerlain will keep offering it, they see how much money they make from it). I like it and am very impressed by how it is blended. Very nice summer perfume!

PS: I caved in and purchased one. I wore it for a full day and I can proudly say that I am enchanted by it. What else can I add...it offers soft sillage all day, and the aura is a sphere close to the wearer. It is the best purchase of your summer, a 3.3 fl. oz. bottle for $73 (USD). The prettiest vanilla emerges during the drydown, and I think the coconut must be in with this, because it is such a mild, soft, rounded vanilla. This vanilla reminds me of a recipe for a cake that I sometimes bake, it calls for almond flour and coconut flour, and the smells are similar. Yet I can't call Terracotta a "gourmand," because of the bergamot "spine" and the white flowers which remain throughout. This is wonderful! Masterfully blended, a beautiful Guerlain offering! I see myself wearing this a lot, during summer. I highly recommend this one.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

The opening is a blast of ylang-ylang, tiare flower and jasmine, but the drydown is just yummy! I can smell creamy vanilla, coconut nad musk. I am not going to buy it, though.

WildDove
WildDove

Started out fruity, then moved to an impression of sharp gardenia. Something just "off" about this. Nor did I get jasmine, orange blossom, tiare as such. Didn't live up to the hype for me. Money saved. (2015)

BasiaS
BasiaS

So what if it's not a masterpiece compared with some other Guerlains but it's beautiful nonetheless. Consider it a masterpiece of the suntan lotion fragrance market. Sultry, creamy, languid white flowers (tiare, ylang ylang, jasmine) on a base of vanilla musk. I do smell a lemony edge when I first spray it, which contrasts nicely with the creaminess underneath. I have the Yves Rocher Monoi fragrances that everyone is comparing this to, both are nice but not as nice as Terracotta. Grab it before it sells out again this year. It's a huge bottle for $76, not a bad deal these days.

Silences
Silences

I have both versions but have only had a chance to wear the old version a few times. My 2015 arrived on Monday. I understand the criticism about it being disappointing. I think that it might be because people hold it to that high Guerlain standard and honestly it smells very familiar (it smells of expensive sun products but in a good way) and doesn't last a long time (a few hours at best).

In defense of the fragrance the thought was to make it capture the spirit & scent of the terracotta products and let me tell you Thierry Wasser nailed it. This brought me right back to the 80s when they launched the products.

I picture an elegant woman wearing a St. John outfit on a yacht along the French Riviera wearing this fragrance. It's classic, beachy and elegant. It is very well blended.

It didn't disappoint me since I wanted one beach scent that I can reach for a few times in warmer weather and this one fit the bill nicely.

I will update with 2015 feedback but I believe it could be the same, the packaging was identical. By the way, 30 minutes after I wrote this review someone got on the elevator with me and he said that "I smelled awesome". Hey, I'll take it!

FYI - I just opened the "2015" (MFG Nov 2014) and it smells the same to me.

This is a lovely summer scent. It reminds me of beach and sun. It's has a scent of a sun lotion.
Mostly I sense white flowers mixed with coconut. A very good composition!
It makes me sad that I can't enjoy the weather, it reminds me right now.
Sunny and warm!

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

White flowers in large doses always give me headaches (think Michael Kors) but this perfume is perfection. It's absolutely gorgeous. It's sweet and a bit creamy and smells better and better as it sits on your skin. I don't often find a perfume the smells 100% breathtaking at every stage, but this is one of them! I'm soooo in love! I like that even though it's VERY floral, it's not nauseating like so many white florals. This is so well done.

So this is another limited edition.
I like it. It's a very faint scent, nothing loud, good for summer and very nice.
It actually smells just like tiarè flower and little more, but it so delicious!
A simple pleasure, but well made. It's true that it smells more or less like so many tiarè beachy perfumes, but there is more subtlety here as if you really smelled the flower itself in its freshness.
The coconut wood comes out later and it's quite sweet.
Easy and weak sillage, but lovely and longlasting.

lcommisso
lcommisso

I agree with the comparison to the Yves Rocher, but this is Tiare Flower at its finest, but I think I'm biased because it is a Guerlain. I would argue though, most would not be able to tell the difference between the Guerlain and Yves Rocher, and that includes me. Tiare Flower is one of those dominant notes that, to me, smells the same no matter what it is in. The drydown is different, Guerlain's being the nicer of the two, but I wouldn't say this is worth the money when there are similar fragrances for way cheaper.

susieqrj
susieqrj

LSmells just like Yves Rocher Monoi Eau des Vahines, but on a better expensive package

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

Tive a esplêndida oportunidade de conhecer Terracotta Le Parfum de Guerlain, e, diga-se de passagem, que bela oportunidade, uma vez que ao usá-lo pude voltar à infância e relembrar de um grande aroma floral comercializado por uma das Casas de perfumaria brasileira, a O Boticário. Mais à frente revelarei o nome do perfume o qual pude fazer uma aproximada associação ao usar Terracotta Le Parfum. Pensei que este perfume tivesse mais tempo nas prateleiras do mercado, porém pesquisando descobri que seu lançamento é de 2014, pelas mãos e narinas caprichosas de Thierry Wasser que também criará muitas outras delícias olfativas para a Maison Guerlain. Ora, Terracotta Le Parfum, para minhas narinas é um casamento realizado numa final de tarde ventilada em algum lugar da Europa, no final da primavera, e neste casamento a decoração foi feita com flores brancas que estão em constante profusão com as Flores de Laranjeira frescas do buquê da noiva e também com Bergamotas recém-colhidas que estão a decorar uma mesa no memorável evento. Ainda em sua saída, logo após os primeiros minutos, é bastante perceptível a presença de do aroma Coco na fragrância, talvez seja o perfume da noiva, e com o clima ameno de um final de tarde primaveril este Coco se torna algo sensacionalmente magnificente. O perfume segue, e o casamento também, e com ele descobrimos a presença de mais algumas flores como a do Ylang Ylang e a do Jasmim, talvez elas estejam nos chapéus das convidadas e em pequenas quantidades, no tocante, ao mesmo tempo em que podem ser percebidas também deixam serem vencidas pelo poder de projeção da Flor de Laranjeira amalgamada ao Coco, este último bem mais evidente nesta etapa. O final do casamento é ao anoitecer, onde o clima já está mais ameno e a brisa é mais intensa sobre os aromas do ambiente, onde paira no ar um leve adocicado abaunilhado com leves nuances de Almíscar que ao se misturarem as insistentes notas de Flor de Laranjeira, de Coco e mais as de Jasmim, fazem de Terracotta Le Parfum ser um floral branco imponente e altamente fino com características de transição da estação primavera/verão. O perfume o qual pude associar a esta grande obra da perfumaria Guerlain foi o descontinuado Kalanit, do O Boticário, contudo, o primeiro carrega consigo o toque da “guerlain” de ser imprimindo capricho à fragrância que faz qualquer olfato acessível viajar na evolução, e parando para analisar bem percebi que as garrafas de um e outro possuem traços semelhantes. Coincidências ou estratégias mercadológicas?! Por fim, Terracotta Le Parfum é um perfume extremamente corpulento que fixa e projeta muito e mesmo estando em sua fase final ainda é possível receber elogios e senti-lo de forma evidente também. Não há como passar incólume ao usá-lo, totalmente necessário na prateleira de quem tem bom gosto e gosta de notoriedade ao se perfumar.

Também dedico esta resenha ao meu amigo Renato Pereira!

marylu
marylu

A lovely, generous Fragrantican sent me a sample of this and I am shocked at the similarities between this and Lilly Pulitzer's Beachy. It must be the tiare and jasmine. I don't detect any coconut at all. A nice summer scent but in my opinion, nothing special. My first disappointment with Guerlain.

Personally, I would save myself a lot of money and go buy a bottle of Beachy instead of this. In fact, I think I prefer Beachy to Terracotta.

lizakaya
lizakaya

I sprayed this on myself one day in a Nordstrom and instantly had to have it, however, they were sold out. An equally fragrance addicted friend helped me get a bottle shipped to me in California all the ay from Flroida, and it was worth all the effort. (A pita). This is the quintessentially perfect summer fragrance, it wafts around your body in a floaty way like nothing else, varying temperatures of the day bringing forth different layers of the juice. I get layers of the ylang ylang, monoi and jasmine at different points throughout the day, supported by vanilla and something a little sea salty. I don't get a ton of coconut. It's a lighter weight scent so I feel warranted in spraying liberally. FBW, and when I run out I pray Guerlain has decided in fact to add this to their permanent arsenal.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

This Canadian didn't know what Monoi smells like. I figured it has to be good, if it reminds people of tropical beaches. With everyone saying Terracotta is an exceptional Monoi fragrance -- "sun in a bottle", coconut, white flowers, a little vanilla -- I was über-curious. Couldn't find this anywhere at the Guerlain counters.

Thanks to a thoughtful swap partner, I'm so glad I was able to sample this first, because it's not what I thought it would be.

Those who love this scent are absolutely right: it IS creamy and tropical. It smells exactly like a piña colada: a wonderful drink, but maybe not so much as a perfume. On me, the white flowers are too fecal, and the coconut/vanilla too sweet. Quality ingredients, but I just can't appreciate the scent.

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

I tested Terrcotta a couple of times last week.

Every time, the development was the same:

I love the opening, with its burst of frangipani and ylang ylang. It reminds me of tuberose, but with a happy tropical twist.

The beautiful and delicate coconut is revealed in the middle stage.

Then the vanilla accord shows up. And that's the beginning of my disappointing relationship with Terracotta: on my skin, the vanilla guerlinade overpowers all the rest and Terracotta becomes a sort of generic Guerlain smell. Gone are the tropical flowers and the coconut is a mere suggestion.

It smells nice, but does not hold up to the promise of sunkissed beachy summers. Moreover, the longevity is poor: it is all but gone within 3 hours.

All in all, a let down. I'm envious of the lucky ones on whom this seems to be divine.

I don't know what to think about it. On the one hand, it is sexy, playful, relaxing, summery and feminine. Coconut note is just great!
But, on the other hand, it is completely not in my style. Too sultry. Too boudoir. Too much tiare flower!
However, it definitely has a beachy vibe. True terracotta!

CozyCat
CozyCat

Nice. Creamy white-floral and coconut combo. Warm, sweet, smooth, light...but maybe more suited for sunset walks by the beach instead of hot daytime playing in the sand. A tropical vacation bottled. I can smell the quality in but unfortunately evaporates into thin air in less than 2 hours. Way too pricey for what it is. I'm not really a fan of these beachy-coconut type scents to be honest.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Summer in a bottle.

I tried this today at my local Guerlain counter. Not a masterpiece by any means, but light, care free and sunny none the less. I can smell the warmth of the vanilla, mixed with zest and coconut - not an overpowering coconut i might add - a well blended one.

Longevity was pretty poor, about 2 hours on my oily skin.

For this 'feel' of scent i much prefer the yummy 'Elle L'Aime ' by Lolita Lempicka.

lyktor
lyktor

We should start a petition for this be a permanent edition !

TibbieMom

Just to clarify. Fragrantica's description says this is available as EdP. The bottom of my bottle, however, says it's EdT.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

Don't knock it till you try it.
This fragrance was flooded with hype and I felt very dubious. I tried it once at a saks and didn't feel all that impressed with the cookie cutter "monoi" accord I've smelt in a million other cheaper things. I was encouraged to return though and try again, I'm glad/kind of pissed that I did. Wearing it on my skin the full run I came to appreciate how very pretty and delicate this scent is.
A lei of soft white tropical smelling flowers. Warm coconut with a creamed vanilla gently embracing the floral accord. The first 30 minutes was feisty in the white floral department but the dry down oh so soft, like a monoi blanket. The silage wasn't anything remarkable, but still it was so pretty in a shy beachy way. Like a kind Hawaiian princess that doesn't say much. Does this smell "original"? Absolutely not. But for what it is, it is done very well. A great smooth blend at the dry down without any friction in sight.
I hope they add this to the permanent collection.

EastCoastRose
EastCoastRose

Two thumbs up for this blind buy..my first Guerlain. It is beautifully blended, however I would caution anyone who does not like white florals that you may not like the opening. It opens very white..tiare and ylang ylang are quite prominent. But wait for the first hour as it develops there is a sweet creaminess blended just perfectly. It last-all day! Very long lasting for an EDT. It's a sweet, summer beach scent and a glamorous one. Think Riviera Or tropical island kind of beach. The bottle feels lovely in hand. I do hope Guerlain makes this a standard and not just a limited edition.

butterbean
butterbean

When this perfume was introduced I had NO idea it would be gone before it was available. So, I turned to a boutique in France - and got a bottle! (thanks to a lovely member who pointed me in the right direction!)

Terracotta, is an inviting, luscious tiare enveloped w/ hints of ylang-ylang and coconut. Present is a musky bergamot blend that is quintessentially Guerlain....and it is lovely. As the fragrance wears, the tiare is always noticed but a little subdued by the musky creamy coconut, and delicate vanilla.

This scent is similar to Bronze Goddess, however it is also different - especially side by side. I like both, so it is hard to say one is better than the other.

Terracotta has a stronger more prominent white floral - tiare and gardenia. It also seems to last a lot longer on me. I get about 9 + hours of this fragrance with the opening notes staying fairly strong, the dry down lasts much longer. A yummy summer scent.

I really love Terracotta, it is beautifully perfect. I pray that Guerlain will add it to their line.

I too, notice the negative remarks. All I can say is if it was so terrible, then why was it gone in a months time across the entire United States, including the Guerlain Boutique? It flew off the shelves before it was put on a shelf. There is something to be said about that. It is a GREAT summer fragrance that does beautifully in the summer heat!

evagargon
evagargon

Ylang-Ylang, Ylang-Ylang and more Ylang-Ylang.
Oh... did I say YLANG-YLANG?
Went to a Guerlain counter in London thinking 'Oh, I am sure is out of stock...' Then, there it was, plenty stock and I was Ylang-Ylangised for the whole morning until I had a shower. What a terrible uni-dimensional fragrance. No bueno.

TibbieMom

I'm surprised by so many negative reviews, so I feel the need to say how beautiful this is for me. One spray and I'm in beach heaven. This is one of the most well-balanced summer scents I've tried in years. Love the floral opening, and an hour or so later, the coconut and vanilla come forward. I use only one spray to my cleavage, and I can smell it all day. Actually, I can still smell it the next morning. Even with this small amount, it's more than a skin scent, yet not "huge" or overpowering. I would love smelling this on a friend or coworker. After wearing it three days in a row (something I rarely do), I decided I needed a backup, which I found at Nordies last week. Rumor has it that because of the high demand, Guerlain is considering making it a summer staple, instead of the LE it is currently. That would be great news for those who haven't been able to locate a bottle this season.

spidola
spidola

I tried it two times, hoping to change my opinion, but no, unfortunately it’s a disappointment! The delusion comes from the fact that Terracotta is a creation of Guerlain - from my favorite house I do not expect so generic perfumes.
Well, in the opening I got a lot of jasmine and actually I loved it, but after ten minutes it settled adding tiare and coco…and that’s it – Terracotta became one common beach perfume, that you can smell often and everywhere.

Terracotta is compared to Lys Soleia, but these two are not similar at all, IMO. Lys Soleia is sweet, creamy, sunny, happy and wonderful lily centered perfume, that I love. I thought to compare it also to Jasminora, as both have prominent jasmine note in their composition, but the reply is "NO" even here - with Terracotta we are far away from the fresh, subtle refinedness that characterizes Jasminora.
So, in conclusion, I'm not sad that Terracotta is a limited edition...

blueviolet
blueviolet

Oh no, this one made me almost being sick in my mouth. I think it was the middle notes ylang ylang along with the coconut smell. It reminded me of Madonnas truth or dare top notes(Tuberose and Gardenia)which never fails to make me nauseous. To bad, the initial blast was beautiful.

hellovascent
hellovascent

This smells like an even sweeter version of Le Labo's Lys 41. I am very disappointed by Guerlain, who used to be my favourite brand.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This one made me recoil!

I typically love Guerlain, but their marketing direction has changed so much in recent years..and it's unfortunate because they're sacrificing originality and innovation for the sake of selling to the masses..aka, 20-something girls who want to smell like candy (Petite Robe noire) and suntan lotion (this).

It smelled exactly like scented sunblock, and the coconut/tiare combination smelled very artificial.

And what's worse, is that the jasmine note makes it smell a bit stale.

So this is basically like an old forgotten bottle of coconut sunscreen that you found while cleaning.

Total dud..I'm very disappointed.

rue_de_la_roux
rue_de_la_roux

I was on a smelling spree and tested out 5 fragrances I had been waiting to get my nose into.

Terracotta was the second disappointment today.
Well, not a disappointment, more like meh. Maybe I expected another Terracotta Voile d'Ete or Mahora from this and it failed to live up to those expectations. Yes it smells like coconut, beach-y without the suntan lotion vibe, it's got the floral notes of tiare and orange blossom which are nice and all, I think the orange blossom gives it a jagged edge to it, keeping it from being a totally smooth composition and a comfort scent, it gives it a bit if an edge.

BUT it just didn't have the oomph I expect from Guerlain. I haven't smelled Voile d'Ete in a while but if I remember correctly this smells nothing like that, nor does it resemble Sous Le Vent at all.

There are a lot of beach/summer scents, and I love coconut but and this wasn't the one for me. (Like the poster before me I bought Lauder's Bronze Goddess instead.)

elusivek
elusivek

I got mine and I have to say I am disappointed. I actually prefer Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Eau Fraîche Skinscent to this.

Terracotta opens with a buttery and smoky note, with a good dose of coconut. From there the buttery element fades a bit and the tiare shines through. Around this point a bit of a dry powdery element comes in to play. In the end, the scent is dominated by the dry powder, although if you get close you can still smell a bit of the buttery note, coconut, and light floral.

I agree that this is similar to a number of other summer perfumes and I also think it still has a bit of the suntan lotion vibe going on. Definitely the most sophisticated and natural smelling of the category but still.

I've tested it twice and liked it less the second wearing. I'll test it a couple more times but it looks like a sell/swap for me.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I received my bottle today! I knew from the moment I saw it on the homepage that I had to have it. I'm glad I pounced on it while it was still available. Terracotta is a lovely sweet summer scent. While many other scents in this family mimic the scent of suntan lotion (which I do love), Terracotta strives to embody the feeling of a sunbeam slowly warming your skin. It's a tiny bit harsh/plasticine in the opening (similar to Songes), but it mellows after a minute or two into something truly beautiful. There is sweet, lovely jasmine and tiare drifting along above a soft cloud of musk and vanilla. Something gives off a slight smokey tang (the coconut?). It is very much a skin scent and wears very close to the body. It doesn't radiate at all when first sprayed on (at least on me), but after setting for about an hour the fragrance glows softly and I get lovely whiffs of it all day. I will say that the longevity is astounding- 1 spray has lasted more than 12 hours on me. The distant drydown is almost all vanilla and musk. It has a definite Guerlain feel to it- an echo in the distance of L'Instant. The bottle is very classy and beautiful; it makes me smile just to see it sitting on my shelf.
As for the difference between this and Bronze Goddess--where BG shouts, this whispers. The coconut in Terracotta is given a back seat so the florals and vanilla can drive for a while. It smells more grown up and sophisticated, and even a little bit sexy!

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I got my TerraCotta in the mail today here is my impression of the perfume:

It smells quite a bit like Yves Monoi Deu Des Vahnes. Actually I just sprayed both on each arm and I would not be able to decipher one from the other if I were blindfolded. After a minute or two the Guerlain is slightly deeper with a hint more powder then the Monoi but in all honesty they both seem almost identical. Since I am a lover of Monoi of course I am loving the TerraCotta. But in all honesty the price is not worth it. If your wanting to satisfy your curiousity of TerraCotta but were unable to find this limited edition at your local stores give Monoi a try. They are close not exact dupes but not far off.

Now it's been about 5 minutes since I sprayed on each arm and TerraCotta slightly warmer while Monoi is sweeter floral. I think the Yves is more potent.

For a Guerlain fragrance I have some slight disappointment as all my other Guerlains are power house perfumes. This one is very light with limited lasting power. It is however a FABULOUS summer scent and it is a pretty scent. Non offensive and nicely constructed.

Eirlys
Eirlys

I was so excited to try this perfume but none of the department stores around my place has it so I blind bought this from Neiman Marcus. When I first spray it on, the tiare note is most dominant, but about 2 minutes later the coconut note comes in and make Terracotta more creamy and delicious. The bergamot is not very overpowering also.

I love the fact that the heart notes of this perfume are all floral: jasmine, ylang-ylang, and orange blossom yet the perfume is not very light and fleeting on the skin. The coconut stays throughout the course of the perfume, although it's more subtle when the vanilla and musk really come in.

Overall, I think this perfume is creamy floral, not sweet or overwhelming in anyway. I think the description that Terracotta is "allure of the sun in a bottle" is quite accurate, the perfume does have a bright aura about it that reminds me of the sun. This is an EDT but it actually lasts about 6-7 hours for me, athough by the 7th hour it's really faint. I think this is greatly done.

Soutty123
Soutty123

I found the mixture of coconut and heavy florals too heady. I think if I was in close proximity to this smell on a very warm day I would find it very cloying.

theperfumedveil
theperfumedveil

Certainly summer and the beach have been captured here, but it is overpowering. There is so much coconut and tiare. It is pleasant but nothing to write home about. After the initial opening, it gets sour fast. The bottle is huge and pretty, and the top is soft and classy but the scent is nothing special.

Edit: for those that cannot find it in the US, you can order from the Dallas Northpark Neiman Marcus. Call them, they had it as of yesterday.

Tropical exotic flowers, this is a heady floral, the tiare isn't shy, it has also a certain spiciness, probably coming from the Ylang Ylang..not being a Guerlain fan, I find this perfume wearable, still for me, there is something a bit oldish, or old fashioned in it, the scent is to me a bit big, not my vibe... I agree it has the Guerlain touch..especially in the overall vibe of the scent...not for everyone.
Especially with Ylang Ylang, not my favorite flower..it makes me think of the way makeup used to smell. Or a different suntanning lotion..just not working for me ..few Guerlain do..

nbailey9

I love Guerlain fragrances and I've been having a tough time finding the right summer scent for me, so I ordered a sample of this perfume from Surrender to Chance. I am impressed! Unlike so many summer frags, this one does not smell cheap or even remotely like sunscreen. It is an afternoon walk along the beaches of Hawaii. Unlike many summer scents, which seem overwhelmingly designed for the young crowd, this one is appropriate for a woman of any age. The florals make it lively and playful, but there is definite sophistication here. It is also not a scent that everyone will be wearing. (Take that Light Blue!)

This perfume opens with crisp, fresh florals that leave a strong impression. It is a tropical inland scent, lacking the aquatic notes that can become overwhelming in summer perfumes. After about an hour the coconut and vanilla become apparent on me, but they balance nicely with the ever-present florals. Though the base does not smell like Guerlain classics like Shalimar and Mitsouko, it does have that trademark vanilla touch, and it smells like quality. This is an exclusive Caribbean resort, not a boardwalk crowded with fake tans and bleached out dye jobs.

On me, the scent is long lasting. It endured through an intense workout and even a bath, though towards the end it became a skin scent. On a hot day, this will carry, though it smells so good that you and everyone around you will want it to. Thanks, Guerlain, for ending my search for a hot-weather fragrance. I'll be wearing this in my office as I dream about parasailing in Honolulu.

hills by the sea
hills by the sea

This is gorgeous. I get a lot of creamy luscious tiare and vanilla, with the other notes skilfully interwoven to form a lovely accompaniment.

Yes, it evokes the feeling of glorious summer, long-awaited by winter-weary people - the feeling of carefree walks on the beach with the wind gently blowing, blue skies and warm golden sand beneath your feet.

The opening notes are very beautiful and I can smell the lovely florals in it. It then settles down and becomes softer, but just when I think its disappeared, I get a whiff of the tiare and vanilla in the absolutely delicious drydown. It reminds me vaguely of Ile de Tahiti's Tiare Flower Tatau perfume, now long since discontinued.

Definitely full bottle worthy to me.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Very nice creamy tropical scent for summer. Not entirely an original scent but a nice version of it. If it were between bronze goddess and this, Guerlain wins hands down!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I'm a fan of tropical flowers done right and Thierry Wasser has done it well. It opens nice and bright with the bergamot but straight away I smell tropical flowers true to their natural scent (I pick out jasmine and fragipani which grow everywhere here). There's a creamy coconut in the background, less creamy than in CSP's Vanille Coco but more creamy than Sensuous Nude. It doesn't have a big sillage, it's more discreet but not difficult to smell it through the hot days we are having here. The vanilla is not overwhelming here, it just adds a little sweetness to the mixture and I don't get any musk actually. So this is great if you like tropical flowers and vibes without the sunscreen lotion effect. After comparing it to Annick Goutal's Songes EDT and L'Erbolario's Tiare, I would say this wins over Tiare which has a artificial saccharine note in comparison. I prefer this to Songes EDT which was a lovely concoction of white flowers but did not last long on my skin. Price point for me, Terracotta wins over Songes. So all in all, I'm very pleased.

nbailey9

I so want to try this, but I can't seem to find it in the US! Any tips?

Симба
Симба

It's not like the old Terracotta carnation flowers as I expected .
On my skin like a mix of Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent 2009 and Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia.
Tiare, lily, little coconut milk - it's gentle and calming. Very nice comfortable fragrance. Keeps the skin is good, but without the big loop.

Sweetiekitty
Sweetiekitty

Blind bought this because Neiman Marcus in Natick only received 2 bottles for sale, no sample bottles.

This ladies and gentlemen, is an amazing fragrance. I simply love this edt, above anything else I've bought this year, including the Shalimar Ode to Vanille. It is very composed, very blended and smells very cosmopolitan and rich. The tiara is there, the bergamot, in the beginning. I don't get coconut, or if I do, I'm not registering it as coconut because it's not coconut like in a fruity drink. I am glad that I have already purchased a backup bottle. If you get the chance to smell this, please do. This is what a classy Bronze Goddess would smell like.

Musky4
Musky4

What a fabulous review BelleofRivendel'! I was keen to try Terracotta Le Parfum before but now simply can't wait! I believe it'll be available in the UK at the beginning of June, so not too long to wait...

Update: I tried this at my local department store today and am honestly in two minds about it. It is indeed exotic and coconutty, but I think it would be too heavy to wear on a hot summers day.
The Guerlain sales assistant was away from her counter when I visited the store but it was quite amusing to watch two other sales assistants in the perfumery department as they discussed this perfume... The one who had already smelled it was telling the other one how awful it was. They both then went over to smell the tester and the second one agreed! Not a great way to behave when customers are within earshot, but still, their honesty was refreshing. I think that the initial blast may be a bit off-putting for those looking for a beach fragrance, but it does settle down to a gentle suntan lotion smell. I do like it, but it has a very classic vibe that isn't particularly youthful.

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

I can't wait to try this, even better than Jasmin Full? BelleofRivendell has just triggerd my intrest by her review!

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Despite its name, Terracotta resembles nothing of “baked earth” to me. This beautiful fragrance opens with sweet, juicy Coconut and Tiare on my skin. This is a brief experience that lasts only a quarter of an hour before the most stunning Jasmine I have ever smelled hits my skin like a magical spell that knocks me out of my senses. In the heart phase, the Coconut and Tiare are wrestled into submission by this flower and bow out to be replaced by the Orange Blossom note that happily assumes a supporting role. For the next eight blissful hours I am transported to a Caribbean island where the night air is perfumed with the Orange Blossoms, where I dip into my secluded pool of night-blooming Jasmines and lose myself in this fairy liquid. Half a day passes by before the sensual encounter, though no less meaningful, begins to lessen in intensity and paves the way to a creamy, musky closure as it rests on my loving arms. This sultry perfume is no secret to anyone. Outstanding sillage and projection stayed with me all throughout its lifespan, only to be terminated by a thoroughly soapy shower.

I have had my share of Jasmine favorites such as Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie and Montale Jasmin Full. But from this moment on nothing can even come close to the beauty of Terracotta. Guerlain described this scent as “The allure of the sun in a bottle”. I think I’d rather summarize it as “Ecstasy on a midsummer night”, for, to me, the erotic aroma of this juice recounts some epic tale of the lovers in the darkness, who ardently worship each other with an unrivalled volcanic passion that lasts a lifetime.

Thank you, Thierry Wasser, for creating this rapture in a bottle and, thank you, my lovely friend who'd sent me a sample of it, for introducing it to me.

delara
delara

I can't find it here in Italy . If anyone can send me a sample , I can pay back the kindness sending another scent sample or , if preferred , a sample from L'Erbolario body lotion

Jonayla
Jonayla

What can I say. I LOVE IT! Every year this time of year I literally crying why they don`t make Dior`s Sweet Sun anymore. It was my ultimate beach fragrance. Every year I try to find something as good. No results. Yves Rocher`s Monoi the Tahiti is good, but not perfect.

This year everything is different, thanks to Guerlain! Terracotta Le Parfum is perfect beach/summer fragrance. Warm, little bit sweet, smells like a sun. It is two fragrance in one bottle. YR`s Monoi the Tahiti feat. Dior`s Sweet Sun. I cannot imagine anything better. So sad it`s one shot. I have to buy another bottle.

Sillage is moderate, longevity is over 8 hours, it`s more than enough, because it`s summer fragrance. I love simple bottle too.

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

Terracotta Le Parfum is an ode to tiare and orange blossoms. This is a completely beautiful tropical fragrance with a hint of coconut (not a lot on me) and with a little vanilla - not a huge amount either. I'm sure this is what the ultra wealthy ladies on the French Riviera smell like. I can completely see Guerlain making an after sun lotion of this scent as well. It's not a suntan lotion vibe at all - it is really about the tropics and sometimes the two can go hand in hand.

This was a blind buy for me based on my love of Voile d' Ete and I'm not disappointed at all. Whereas VdE is about the spicy heat of the carnation, Terracotta Le Parfum is about the lovely tiare flower.

Thank you Guerlain and Thierry Wasser for making my spring and summer just that much better smelling!

hanson26
hanson26

I was at the Guerlain counter buying makeup, when I noticed this on display with the new summer makeup. I'd never heard of it before, and sure enough it's brand new! Wow, I love it though. I've been searching for the perfect "beach" scent for years and I think I finally found it. This is not suntan lotion or seawater, it's a soft, floral tropical breeze and sun-warmed skin. This is truly vacation in a bottle. Much, much better than other attempts, like Bronze Goddess et al. which are never authentic enough.

Aroussa
Aroussa

Just tested it today. It opens very boldly with lots of coconut and jasmine. If I close my eyes, the scent transports me to a sunny Pacific beach, and I'm drinking coconut milk and feeling the smell of the jasmine/tiara flowers adorning my hair. Ahhh, heaven! But to smell this potion on myself all the time - not as attractive, a bit too tropical. Perhaps if it was a body lotion or a really luxe sun-tan lotion...
Thankfully, this scent completely evaporated from my wrist one hour after application. A bit too hasty of a disappearing act for a Parfum!

JodieW1992
JodieW1992

I got given this at a Guerlain meeting & I love it. It's such a shame that it is limited edition! It is similar to the Eau Sous le Vent, with the summery Guerlain feel.