Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Terracotta Voile d'Ete Guerlain for women

Terracotta Voile d'Ete Guerlain for women
dislike

Terracotta Voile d'Ete Guerlain for women Pictures

Terracotta Voile d'Ete is a limited edition from 1999. The fragrance is oriental, floral and spicy, seductive and warm with notes of bergamot, mint, jasmine, lily, rose, carnation, heliotrope, pear, vanilla, iris and ylang-ylang. Available as 100 ml EDT. The noses behind this fragrance are Jean-Paul Guerlain and Mathilde Laurent.

Carnation iris Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Vanille Bergamot Heliotrope Rose Lily Mint Pear

Malmaison
Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille
Comme des Garcons Series 2 Red: Carnation
Bellodgia

Terracotta Voile d'Ete Fragrance Reviews

Carnation
Carnation

I had been wanting to try this for some time considering it has carnation in the composition.
TVE opens on a minty note. I don't think I have tried any perfume with mint in it. There's a kind of creaminess from vanilla and I can smell carnation but it's not a heavy dose. Everything here is subtle however the longevity is medium-ish. It's been 2 hours and now it smells just like another vanilla floral.

SolangeN
SolangeN

The "clay" note is nice, but I just can't get past the root beer spilled all over it. Wish I could detect carnation.

Caramelle
Caramelle

Carnation meets vanilla ice-cream ! Creamy and scrumptious!

Thomasania
Thomasania

I am wearing this today for the first time and it is 70 degrees outside. I decided to give you a weather update in this review, because many say it is a scent for cooler weather. I found that it is absolutely beautiful. I love spice notes and these are detectable to my nose. I do detect some carnation and the vanilla, but after a few minutes what is left is a sweet spicey smell. I sprayed it over a perfume fixative that is suppose to increase a perfume's longevity and I have been wearing it for four hours and the sillage is moderate. I can't credit that to the perfume or to the fixative, since I used both, but it hasn't faded away yet.
I too love the bottle design, it matches a few of my Shalimar bottles and I like consistency and uniformity. Overall, I would probably re buy this if I ever ran out.

MirageMirage
MirageMirage

Does anyone know if this fragrance is similar to Terracotta Eau Sous Le Vent???

ivan.vusurovic
ivan.vusurovic

i have a dry oil version and adore it!didnt even know it was limited?!

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

Oh No Olga - bug spray, really?! Voile d'Ete is a lovely scent. It reminds me so much of summertime and the beach - wish I were there now! It's a bit harsh at first, but after 10 minutes or so - lovely! I'm not a big carnation fan, but I really love it in this perfume. And a big bonus - a fabulous bottle. I think I won't ever be without a bottle of this in my collection.

Abyss1001
Abyss1001

Tried this and loved it initially...the only problem with it was that after about one hour, I could no longer smell it on my skin. Very, very light...takes a lot to notice it...

olga1780
olga1780

It's a little harsh and medicinal straight from the bottle but let it sit on your skin for a few minutes and it transforms into a beautiful warm, kind of earthy scent. One of the few orientals suitable for summer. I was really pissed yesterday when someone I know commented that she smells some perfume that is like bug spray ( obviously it was me wearing Terracota). But i try not to be self conscious about stuff like that especially if it comes from somebody who is raving about Love Spell and Bombshell by VS.
To anyone who encounters that kind of "compliments": from my obsevation they generally come from ignorant and devoid of class and manners people, and therefore should be ignored and not taken personally.

smellsogood
smellsogood

A wonderful true carnation opening, lightly spiced and warm with the Guerlain amber vanilla dry down that quietly melts into and becomes part of my skin. This final phase lasts for such an incredibly long time on me I couldn't believe this was an EDT. The bottle is also really lovely with its little conical hat.

Grottola
Grottola

Carnation. This gives off the aroma of flowers baking in the sun, like a garden in the summer. Very floral but IMO unisex. Unfortunately, for as wonderful as Terracotta Voile d'Ete smells, it does not last very long.

Sissi
Sissi

Terracotta recreates the arid beauty of pure red sand
sunbaked under a turqouise sky spicy texture of cinnamon adds to the dry earth Red carnation blooms
in the vastness of a barren dessert the warm dry air
blows across the horrizon reveals a scent of powdery sweet nuances iris turns terracotta sharp with a cold
metallic tinge it conjours a image of ancient pottery found in dark caves of the Southwest colorful Markings of a long forgotten tribute to some Maiden, Creator or earth goddess from a mysterious Civilization Nocturnal Jasmine grows out of tiny
creavasse of rock blooms an intoxicating green menthol scent, Rose opens the heart with an velvety
texture Warm Red Roses that hangs like vines of adobe
houses basking in the sunset Airy and powdery smell
of Vanilla steeps though the senses sweet and delectable, diluted white lily subtle and yet i noticed Her scent of sweet spiciness trying to come
though but it's drowned out by the more domineering
notes of Cinnamon Vanilla and Iris, Green mint brings freshness to Terracotta briefly relaxing but it doe'snt last long it flees quickly off my skin
sometimes i don't agree with the note cards some scents i can detect some scents is like finding a needle in a haystack and pear is one of them,

Terracotta maybe the first Fragrance to recreate the scent of nature without any synthtic artiface when it comes to Perfumery it does'nt use any plastic synthictics it smells like they choose the finest
ingrients to recreate the essence of Terracotta
Guerlain makes the Best of the Best.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Voile is a smooth, light fragrance, with a mid-weight warmth & low, caramel sweetness in its heart. A gentle Guerlain, well-mixed, well-bred, polite.

The overall impression I find is of warmth & dryness, the colour of the juice is perfectly matched. Sunbaked terracotta pots in a parched garden where you catch a warm waft of fragrant flowers...parched, peppered carnations swaying in a butterscotch heat-haze.

I never thought I liked carnations in fragrances until I realised that I disliked them in high, sweet "white" florals & green frags. Amid the dry-vanilla they do not shout & instead produce a beautiful spiciness - I am a convert!

There is a faint copper-coin tang in this perfume, that is suprisingly pleasant. For me it fuses the old, baked earth & the modern metallic world. It straddles time effortlessly, being neither an old or young perfume. For me, this is where its design lets me down: it fails to make a clear statement remaining uncommitted & ambiguous, too lazy to be sure of its direction....to some it verges on pot pourri, to others it is a relaxed urban-earth scent.

Definitely not a fragrance I would have expected myself to like, but it is commendable as a soft, laid-back affair that manages to ride out the heat without resorting to lemon, water or fizz.

solitaire
solitaire

I guess Guerlain knew well it was a flop, that's why it was sold so cheap and then discontinued. Yes, it is kind of spicy and you can detect something like carnation and ylang ylang in it, and the blend is done according to all the rules, but.... the overall impression I get is of something totally artificial and flat. Luckily, it stays close to the skin, so I do not drag the scent around me.

Guerlain's VOILE D'ETE, like METEORITES, appears to have been a fragrance launched after it had been used successfully to scent a cosmetics line. This floral-amber (if that's not a category, it should be!) edt opens as very, very floral, but in an intriguing way. Ylang ylang makes the dominant carnation a bit darker than it would otherwise be, so this smells nothing like the floats at a parade.

In fact, VOILE D'ETE evolves into an entirely different, amber skin scent, with carnations always detectably present, but vanilla inching in to moderate the ylang ylang. This is not, contrary to the listed notes, a linear perfume. Nor is it possible to believe that amber and vanilla are not present in significant proportions! My associative memory of TOCADE with VOILE D'ETE was of their drydowns: both are amber vanilla, with the vanilla much more prominent in TOCADE than in VOILE.

Compared to Fendi's THEOREMA, VOILE D'ETE is not at all spicy, although next to TOCADE it seems somewhat more so because of the carnation/ylang ylang opening.

All in all, I'd say that VOILE D'ETE is aptly named. The image here, however, is more that of a walk down the oceanfront at Cannes. Or perhaps this is Saint Tropez? Yes, I believe that is it: the woman with huge tortoise shell sunglasses and a big floppy hat lying on a lounge chair next to the water in her gold ring embellished white mesh bikini, her skin shimmering brown-orange from Bain de Soleil!

Tarya
Tarya

After many years I received this scent just today. It's as pleasant as I rember. Slightly spicy and warm. For me this is definitely summer fragrance, tanned skin, summer, beach...Lovely!

Zocha
Zocha

My next Guerlain just arrived (another one on its way :P)and what a surprise! I expected a light floral summer fragrance and instead I get a big dose of spices like freshly crushed pepper with a bit of cardamon and they are not listed here! This only shows what a beginner I am in the world of perfumes.
Do they squeeze carnations so hard that they produce pepper :D
I guess it takes a master to blend the above components so that one can smell pepper :)
No kidding, lots of it and for a long while.
After an hour it becomes more delicate but the spices are still there.
Very nice scent, love it, but for me Voile d'Ete will work best evenings or cooler weather due to the long developing stage. Finally I get the gentle floral wave but till then in the hot and humid air I could die of pepper overdose if used Voile d'Ete around noon :D

Mals86
Mals86

On my skin, Voile d'Ete is very light -- a "summer veil" indeed. This is, from the first moment, definitively a Guerlain, with whatever-it-is that makes Guerlains - from Apres' l'Ondee to Attrape-Coeur to Mitsouko - smell like part of the same family. The carnation is lightly spiced, and the iris is a cool background. Dries down to a warm, slightly salty, skin scent. I'm looking forward to wearing this in the summer, when it's hot and sticky and I only want a light floral.

monochromatism
monochromatism

Sweet carnations. I agree with barbiot -- I will probably only wear it in the fall. If you like CdG's carnation scent, you'll probably like this one as well.

dona
dona

Tender carnation, delicate iris - a discrete parfum for every day. Not my favourite Guerlain, but a good one. Very happy to have it!

Nuppu
Nuppu

Mellow, warm and soft fragrance.Scent reminds me a lot the way good quality make-up powder smell. You could throw a whole bottle of this light liquid on youself, and even then it woud be not owerpowering...So light, that even it's nice, I don't see many reasons to wear it.

beacheemom
beacheemom

not my favorite, a bit generic for me, or maybe it just smells a little like a grandmother to me. Not my favorite for sure.

barbiot35
barbiot35

It's a little spicy for me...
I think it's good only for cool/cold days unlike its name..

popcorn
popcorn

i test this parfum this winter , first i felt worm cinnamon and vanilia after carnations,i think it is very nice discreet and diferent parfum,for all seasons

Aeternitas

I just discovered it smells SO good in rainy weather! Very sweet and fresh.

Aeternitas

Voile d'Ete smells like nothing but carnations and jasmine on me! Very beautiful at first, not strong, but definitely not light. I would call it a lightly spiced floral, as it's a bit spicy at first. The dry down turns into an unfortunate metallic smell on my skin, and that's the only problem I have with it. This perfume is not my stile, but it's nice. Great for spring weather and to wear during the day!

Terracotta Voile d'Ete by Guerlain 3.95 out of 5 based on 163 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'Ete fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'Ete, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Terracotta Voile d'Ete by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Terracotta Voile d'Ete by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.