Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

I have it: 641 I had it: 107 I want it: 1219 My signature: 12

almond
tobacco
Tonka Imperiale Guerlain for women and men Pictures

Tonka Imperiale was presented in 2010 as the 7th fragrance of Guerlain's line L’Art et la Matière. Creator of the fragrance is Thierry Wasser, and the key ingredient is tonka. This composition encompasses tonka, rosemary, spices, white honey, vanilla, almond, woody notes, amber and tobacco. Available as 75ml edp.

Bergamot Bitter Almond Rosemary

Jasmine Tonka Bean Tobacco

Incense Cedar Pine

Fève Délicieuse

Tonka Imperiale Fragrance Reviews

rprovenz
rprovenz

An amazing upscale scent. Very well done.

Tanyacoca
Tanyacoca

Whoa. Lighter on the wood and incense please. Too strong and dry. Wish there was a warm round vanilla note and a little sweetness.

Kolchan
Kolchan

I finished my sample of this beauty and what I can say about it? I will purchase a full bottle!

On my skin it develops into a wonderful tonka bean, surrounded by tobacco, incence and almond. Tonka is the gem here and other notes help it shine in all its glory.
Underneath all the notes I smell a hint of black, rich vanilla, even though it is not listed.

To me this fragrance is very luxurious, deep and slightly on the darker side, but at the same time it's light enough to wear it during spring or cool summer days. Very versatile as well, could be appropriate anywhere.

Sweet and smoky goodness! Bravo Guerlain!

olga_adriana

I've had this for a few months now, and this is my second review. I was between Spiriteuse Double Vanille and this one as my favorites from this collection. I found Spiriteuse very nice, but linear and it's just vanilla- i wasn't going to dish out the cash for a bottle of it. I loved Tonka when I first bought it- it was gourmand, cozy, and luxurious! But, the more I wore it, the more cloying it became. It's just too thick on the tonka and almond, like heavy and syrupy. It smells "too edible" if that makes any sense. Its like tonka and almond dominate and that's all I get.
That said, it really does last a long time and I think that the village is perfect - maybe 2 feet away from the body so you're not overwhelming everyone in the vicinity.
It's a nice fragrance, I do like it, I just don't think it's really worth the price that they're asking, and that has much to do with my perception. At more than $200 for 2.5 oz, you really expect something that's going to blow you away, and while this is a nice cozy fragrance for cooler days, it's not complex and it's not even a gem in my collection, though it is the most expensive perfume I probably own.

miss mills
miss mills

Thanks to Melzy, I have been able to try this today, thank you Mel! On my skin this is warm, cosy and close. I get mostly vanilla, tonic and honey with amber warming the whole lot up beautifully and tobacco giving it a little hit of something sexy. I am not getting any almond, unfortunately and also unfortunate is that my skin seems to eat this one. It lasted maybe two hours and after the first, I could barely smell it. What a shame as it really is beautiful - I am glad to read that it seems to last longer on other reviewers! This does lean towards oriental gourmand. Sophisticated, I can picture this on a sexy librarian or bookish type.

I tried the sample I have a few times and there just wasn't anything special; it seemed kind of one dimensional. The other day I tried Dolcelisir L`Erbolario and my thought was, this is what I thought and hoped Tonka Imperiale would be like (and I find Dolcelisir to be more "masculine" than TI, actually).

ouladybird2005
ouladybird2005

I do like Tonka Imperial, but it's not a love, which frankly might be a good thing for me since I have a decant and that is the first step to bottlehood. The scent from the bottle is generically vanillic and slightly nutty. The first spritz on my skin is slightly sweet and medicinal, I account this to the lime and juniper, thankfully that disappears quickly. Following right after is a sweet almond citrus note. The heart notes are nice, but not mind blowing to me, this is a warm fragrance and the tobacco and tonka are lovely together. To be honest though the base notes are my favorite, the incense is really beautiful and the tonka hangs around making it really smooth in nose feel. Test before buying because it might be decant but not bottle worthy for you too.

Chelsea1605
Chelsea1605

I think this is probably my favourite Guerlain so far. The tonka combined with almond makes this a stunning gourmand which mellows out into a warm oriental scent with a hint of incense and woods.

I'm going now to bury my nose in my arm.

Cochlea
Cochlea

'L'Art et la Matiere'Tonka Imperiale Eau de Parfum

Guerlain truly makes some of the very best fragrances around.

Simply sublime.

A gorgeous medley of tonka bean, almond, tobacco and incense. The first spray is bergamot with a faint herbal aspect. The almond is so warm, faintly bitter, soothing, balsamic, powdery. On my skin the almond is prominent with soft incense. The tonka bean is heavy, full-bodied and gorgeous. I can still sense the bergamot from the beginning, it is noticeable yet subtle. Tobacco is my favorite note, here it is a gorgeous, heavy and dry tobacco. The rosemary is faint yet noticeable. After a time on my skin, the tobacco is softer, it supports the tonka bean. Longevity on my skin is about 6 hours and it is a skin scent after a few hours of wearing. Tonka Imperiale is very elegant, appealing, effortlessly sultry, versatile for both men and women to wear.

When my decant runs out, I will purchase a bottle of this beauty!

deathpill
deathpill

Received a 10ml Decant along with Cuir Beluga. Its is a pleasant sweet woods and vanillaish tonka incense scent. The incense only starts becoming prominent after an hour or two and gets stronger. Reminds me of my hometown and incense sticks dad burnt as a kid. Does smell modern though. It does have a sharp synthetic edge to it which is very annoying but I only get that when I press my arm to my nose and sniff it, in the air it is really good, but not for the price in my opinion. I have better options for woody vanilla incense scents.

After reading and watching lots of positive reviews, I rushed to the department store which carries Guerlain Exclusive line. The SA gave me a sample so I could wear it a few times. And it didn't work for me, unfortunately (((

To be honest, I expected to get a rich, opulent tonka-tobacco-almond balsamic perfume. And on my skin it starts off exactly like I wanted it to be, but 30 mins later I'm left with watery sweet tonka-vanilla scent. So dissapointing!

In my opinion, it's overpriced for what it delievers. Although, I have to admit, the juice is a great quality.

joerodeo92
joerodeo92

I smell this and my nose screams with joy in the deepest and most viscerally elated way possible. It is 24kt gold, fine silverware, Limoges porcelain, the highest of high end bourbons, and all things luxurious in a bottle. It is THE ultimate and definitive sybaritic gourmand of all fragrances. Both the king and the queen. Yes, the sillage leaves something to be desired, but even this foible is not enough to knock it from the precipice of the highest. It is sweet, warm, sexy, and nearly edible in its decadent nature. The tonka, almond, and tobacco here form an inimitable holy trinity of notes. It is beyond amazing. If you have yet to try this, try it. It may be the scent to end all others for you. Hardly an ominous notion in the face of this scent, really. I'm smelling it as I type this and I can honestly say that smelling anything other than this with my last breath of life would be a travesty.

Sillage: 5/10

At the beginning I was not convinced of that smell.For the third-fourth time my reaction was/is like:whoa!tobacco Virginia Gold-Vanilla(this came first into my mind,right now).
Tonka,vanilla,almonds,tobacco and incense ''cooperate'' in accordance.Lovely,plush scent but not passive.It has sharp edges too.Sensitive brute.

guest_luna rebel
guest_luna rebel

I've been wanting to buy a Guerlain Exclusive for the past few years, simply because I adore the Guerlain quality and have a good amount of their regular-line scents which I love. I enjoyed the scent of Double Vanille Spirituese, but unfortunately the longevity and projection of that scent left much to be desired for that price point. I had the same issue with the lovely Gourmand Coquin: beautiful scent, but the fleeting nature of it will never have me running out to Nieman Marcus to buy a bottle. I also had a bottle of Encens Mythique d'Orient which I got in a blind swap. I should have loved it based on the notes, but unfortunately it smelled like a stale fridge once the notes developed on my skin.

So perhaps it is ironic when I say that Tonka Imperiale was a blind buy. Out of all of the exclusive scents, the notes of this one intrigued me the most, so when Nieman Marcus had their $50 off sale I went for a bottle of Tonka Imperiale. When this came in the mail, I was so preoccupied with the other perfumes I bought on "Gray Thursday" that I gave it one spray and put it away. I was initially uncertain about it, as I thought it was much too weak just like the other exclusives. However, after retesting this multiple times I am quite impressed with the quality and longevity.

Tonka Imperiale starts with a slightly citrusy vanillic tonka and smoky pipe tobacco. It is a particularly beautiful tobacco scent because unlike other sweet tobacco perfumes, this never gets cloying, overly spicy, or overwhelming. In fact, it remains light, creamy, and beautiful its entire scent life.

As Tonka Imperiale progresses, the scent becomes deeper and woodier. At its base, I sense a smoky woody vanilla incense scent, reminiscent of Vanille Insensee by Atelier but only very slightly. In my experience, the scent stays at that stage during the drydown but becomes softer, almost like a whisper of its past life. The pipe tobacco note is another element which is ever-present, but in decreasingly progressive intensities.

Tonka Imperiale actually made me reconsider my previous tobacco favorite, Tobacco Vanille, because it is gentle and creamy whereas TV is more of a loud spicy tobacco scent. I still love TV, but the quality of Tonka Imperiale and sheer balance of its composition puts it higher on the fragrance hierarchy for me. Furthermore, it is much more wearable than the heavier scents and appropriate for any season. I suffer from allergies and this one never irritates me. Initially, I even thought this was too soft, but after giving it several wearings I find that the projection is perfect and the longevity is excellent. Granted, for those of you loving heavier scents this may not meet your expectations.

Overall, I am very impressed by this Guerlain Exclusive. It is really the only one thus far which I have found to be (almost) worthy of its price. As a gourmand enthuisiast, I find this to be a perfect representation of the tonka-tobacco-vanilla notes. The scent is sweet and dessert-like without ever becoming overly indulgent or excessively rich.

Projection: 6.5/10 (softly moderate)
Longevity: 8/10 I could smell this on my clothes the following day. On my skin, for about 8-9 hours.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Tonka Imperial is the other big hype machine of Guerlain's Niche line but unlike SDV, this one sadly didn't do it for me.

But it's certainly not bad and definitely 'the scent' for the people who like more 'perfumey' powder take than vanilla. Fine-powder.

Actually, it is an extremely difficult perfume to even review because it's scent profile details comes off as so varied between people but anyway, we all know perfumes can be one of the most subjective lifestyle items.

In short what I get is a very honeyed, sweet powdery vanilla that is a bit too feminine for me but that is belying it's opening (and the sweetness) which is pretty different.

The opening did put me off; it can be seen as 'blue' as it starts off with a herbal rosemary.

It is certainly not overbearing and chypre-fresh but it keeps in line with the perfumes 'soft' theme, everything has a rounded and powdery vibe to it.

The sweetness also starts with it, 1st a soft 'transparent sugar sweet' that accompanies the strong herb (blue-green), then I really found the powdery-whiteness of the tonka setting in.

Then, coming back to that point on the sweetness; it seems almost 'dulled' or 'different' here. A sort of 'hayed up' one (but this could also be the rosemary).

Interesting comparing it with the hyper-sweetness of SDV but there, I'm not sure how they did it but the genius at Guerlain somehow managed a 'smooth dark' type of vanilla - separate to a 'sweet sugar' accord that is too sexy and addicting. Maybe it's the booze and spice hints or underlying cedar; I'm not sure. But it creates an amazing dual 'sweet' accord and contrast.

Here, the sweetness very much reminds me of Dyptique's Volutes and even SL's chergui; hayed and simply different - but still for me, better than those 2 scents. Hm.

From an hour onwards, it really takes off to what I was expecting but still the 'wow factor' notes seemed too blended in maybe, I didn't get the amazingly clear blonde tobacco of SDV but more a dampened, softened whisper here. No smoke at all, just powder (which is good and not so good).

But there's lots of honey for sure. Nice and very high Quality, this is possibly even higher level than SDV (if that's even possible).

Now the rosemary takes on a remarkable effect, seemingly there but all 'melted, dissolved' and powdered up in a luxury vase of honey, hints of blonde tobacco and tonka soup.

It's great here but I would still go with SDV, as it's vanilla is irresistible and TI is more 'perfumey' than SDV's 'gourmandy'.

Another thing is lack of fruits (or citrus) to lift the whole thing so this can be very cloying in the summer and even cold winters in an odd way, like when wearing a stuffy woolen coat!

I wanted to slam it for yet another herbal opening for a $260 scent but it can be tolerated if you like sweet and especially Guerlain's take on powder, they really do it the best. But herb-haters beware, it never quite goes away and the theme here is certainly 'powdered honey' over 'smooth vanilla gourmand'.

Cedar and a spicy pine(?) creep in towards the end, and are sweetened up so it's really amazing here.

It can be seen as Guerlain's chergui and for me it's still a heck of a load better than SL's pungent-powder bomb, so I prefer it to that one definitely.

My rating: 6/10.
Quality: 10/10.

Thanks to Selfridges for the testing.

desdemona7
desdemona7

This is definitely in the top ten best perfumes ever created! I'm not kidding, since I've sampled hundreds over the years. If you're lucky enough that your body chemistry likes tonka, vanilla and tobacco, then you need look no further.The quality is outstanding, and worth every penny; longevity and sillage are also excellent! This is not only a perfume, it's an experience, and is the reason why, in my humble opinion Guerlain is the Mecca of perfume houses.I live in the Toronto area and recently found out that the Guerlain boutique in Toronto ships free all over Canada and the northern US. Hope this info helps more Fragranticas have access to this incredible juice, since I find the EBay sellers ridiculously overpriced.

olga_adriana

This is flawless. It is such a gorgeous gourmand scent that is just cozy, warm, and sensual-not at all too sweet, not overpowering, but it lasts for a long time.
I was between Angelique Noire and this one, so I tested them both. Angelique Noire has a lot less of the gourmand feel to me. It is more floral, softer, a little more "classically feminine" perfume. This is a perfect fall/winter smell. I'm so glad to have it now! Beautiful!!

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

I was surprised to see I haven't done a review for TI yet. I think I was waiting for cooler days before judging it.

This a gorgeous gourmand that starts out a little roughly and then becomes smooth as dark silk.

After waxing lyrical in my review of Gourmand Coquin the other day, I have ran out of words to praise this Guerlain with. I am sitting with one on either wrist, trying to decide which one I would choose if I were to invest in a fb. This is really hard. Tonight I will say Tonka Imperial but tomorrow I may go the other way. Both have that lovely geurlainade simmering away. Both are heavenly to have on. TI seems to calm down a bit sooner whereas GQ is still smelling like something i might want to sip on after dinner.

juji
juji

I love it. Tonka, incense Heaven. Enough said.

AveParfum
AveParfum

This is an absolute stunner of a tobacco perfume. Immediately you get this sweet, damp tobacco with autumn spices, crisp, red apple peel, and hints of herbs or evergreen so subtle that I thought it was my imagination until I saw the notes and notice it contains both. Reminds me somehow of Costamor Tabacca but so much finer (as it should be for the multiplicity of price).

The heart is where the almond really starts to bloom. Mixed with sticky tonka, I start coming up with silly names for it like "Hypnotic Poison Tobacco Absolue Intense" or something equally goofy.

I love how this perfume does not go the Tobacco Vanille direction of dark and brooding and instead has more of a transparent, light-hearted feel to it.

Tonka Imperiale is so wonderful, I want to go on about it, but there really is no need. It's straight-forward, well-executed, and has possibly replaced Odori Tabacco as my favorite tobacco.

Sillage is monsterous. Three sprays on one of my wrists with the old-fashioned, fine mist atomizer was far too much.

Perfume2009
Perfume2009

Smells insanely good. A spicy oriental with decadently gourmand facets. I'm surrounded in a delightful scent all day - complex, smelling alternating notes of tonka, vanilla, cinnamon, amber. A fireworks of a scent. Yummy! Another compliment today as I gave someone a hug. A must have for cooler weather and worth every penny.

arrode
arrode

I have no idea where any of those basenotes are that they list as being in this, but all I smell is tonka, incense, and tobacco (not that I'm complaining). Longevity is awesome and sillage is a few billowy feet behind you. A very lovely smell.

lilalina
lilalina

Reminds me a bit of the new one by Dior "Fève Délicieuse". Definitelly a winter type scent.. Warm, sweet, cinnamon spicy. It's unisex because of the tobacco. Quality perfume.

Lmuradian
Lmuradian

I know a girl who sprays this on her lace panties.And i'm the type of man that definitely respects that. But this is definitely unisex. Definitly a special scent and luckily for me i have a big decant of this stuff. very very special

thiagomartini
thiagomartini

Very well made tonka/almond based scent.

It is hard to distinguish a real tonka bean smell from almonds - since both have that comforting sweetness, and this perfume has both in its composition. It is sweet but not annoying, tho.

Not a masculine scent, but i can see myself wearing it on cold weather. Nevertheless, I can imagine a woman wearing it too.

It can be used equally on formal and casual situations, but i cannot see it as a signature/daily basis fragrance.

Buy/pass: Buy, if you love almonds (and don't care for the price).

P.S.: For a better bang for the buck (and equally well-made) tonka, try Midnight in Paris from VC&A.

Overall: 9 out of 10.

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

a Haiku for tonka imperiale:

tonka bean harvest

gorgous gorgous fall in love

never be the same

landshark321
landshark321

Tonka Imperiale is among the most-hyped contemporary fragrances so it's difficult to manage expectations. I find it pleasing but not overwhelming in terms of projection, and very agreeable in that it walks the sweet/masculine balance very well, making it effectively unisex.

Tonka, vanilla, and nuts are the main notes, with some subservient tobacco and incense in the base. Beyond that, opinions vary on which notes factor in most, lending credence to the notion that it's a complex fragrance that goes in many different directions. I get incense, and a little tobacco, with the herby notes evident throughout (like jasmine). Apart from the more citrus-heavy opening, I didn't experience a lot of evolution on my skin, which isn't bad, since the scent is quite pleasant.

The sweet incense aspect reminds me of Imaginary Authors' Memoirs of a Trespasser, though Tonka Imperiale rings more formal, perhaps due to the sharpness of the bergamot and jasmine.

Projection is good but not great for an EDP (the Guerlain name, and price at $260 for 75ml, make me yearn for a little more, even if not up to the Tom Ford power house stratum), but longevity is pretty strong at 8+ hours, hardly weakened by a shower in the middle.

Certainly worth of much of its attention (though I'd argue not all), Tonka Imperiale provides a great balance that, while leaning toward cold weather slightly, seem so to me to have year-round and both formal/fun versatility.

9 out of 10

berberfrag
berberfrag

It smells like vanilla, tonka, almond, shortbread cookie, combined with the faint scent of nondescript woods in the background. It is beautiful and pleasing to the nose without being overwhelmingly sweet. It can be utilized by both men and women easily and is for all occasions and seasons. An addictive, alluring, and nuanced scent that will never offend anyone. I personally enjoy more complex and inspiring scents, but it is amazing for what it is.

alixs
alixs

I ordered a sample of Guerlein Tonka Imperial last week, and I was so excited to try it due to everyone's raving reviews. I received it yesterday and ripped open the package to put it on- and I disliked it immediately. Although I didn't like it then, I had to give it a shot since so many people are in love with it. I put it on and let it sit on my skin about 30 minutes before I finally had enough and had to scrub it off with rubbing alcohol. While I did get a slight whiff of tonka (or vanilla), it was more in the very background, while these unknown old lady type scents completely overpowered it. Perhaps I'm too much of a gourmand lover and expected it to be a little more along those lines, but this just screams stinky old lady to me. So sad it didn't work out.

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

@mrolfhus, I think what you're after is perhaps the 'Spiritueuse Double Vanille' rather than the Tonka.

snifferdogx
snifferdogx

Oh my god this is so exquisite! A true work of art, with so many layers and facets.

This is why Guerlain is my favourite perfume house.

mrolfhus
mrolfhus

Either I got a bad sample or it just doesn't like my skin. I am looking for an insane, obnoxious vanilla, and I love Guerlain. This should have been a match made in heaven, but I barely smell anything at all, then it is gone. The thing is, I don't smell much in the vial. I half think I got ripped off in that trade. Maybe I will make another attempt. It sounds from the reviews like something I should love and the bottle may have a watered down sample.

Will update when I secure a new sample. Also, I welcome any suggestions on a new vanilla! Right now, Parfum de Nicoli Vanille Intense and Tonk Vanille are the best of an extensive collection. Shalimar Ode a la Vanille is also wonderful.

Update: Although I bought this looking for love, I followed up on MeThePerson's advice and got ahold of the Spiritueuse Double Vanille, and there it was. I have not tried a different sample of the TI, though I may just to see if it was the sample or the perfume itself I had an issue with. But the SDV is the gods! (Also it arrived amazingly fast, having ordered it on the 7th and received it today, the 11th!)

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

Very nice gourmand. It comes off as almost cake batter. Vanilla, Tonka and a smoothness that makes it settle onto your skin quickly and hang on tightly.

My Score 8.5

Felipe Peixoto
Felipe Peixoto

Paradise in a bottle. This is what heaven must smell like.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Guerlain goes back to its majesty. I am not really a fan of tonka, so I procrastinated the approach to this scent. Which contrary to what I feared, is great. Beyond great! The opening is pure beauty, a sophisticated, rich, golden cornucopia of vanilla, amber, resins, aldehydes, jasmine, all together bringing in triumph a complex, faceted, rich, tremendously high-quality tonka note, well supported by a sweet, humid, rooty tobacco note. A warm, fairly unisex Oriental blend, slightly fruity too, refined and sumptuous and terribly pleasant to wear (at least for a while, especially for its first phase), well framed by a gentle breeze of petals and aromatic herbs which give this Oriental gem a touch of elegance halfway French and Mediterranean. The tonka note is perfect: dense, vibrant, round, precious, not cloying (to me it is, quite often) and not too almondy-roasted. It smells fresher and more vibrant than usual, partially probably due to its quality, partially to the simple yet totally clever composition which effortlessly enhances its nuances – from earthy to sweet. The tobacco note works perfectly in keeping the blend literally “down to earth”, providing a shady whiff of smoke, contrasting with flowers and citrus bringing their sunrays in. And in the middle, this vibrating, solid heart of gold made of amber, vanilla and tonka. Great and elegant silky-talc drydown, discreet and still carrying soft hints of tobacco and vanilla, with no synthetic aftertaste. A perfect blend of richness and Exoticism painted with French grace and sumptuosity, great and irresistible from the very first sniff to the last second on skin. Smells, and is, hell expensive, but (finally!) for a reason. Fantastic, and for me easily the best from this “exclusive” line.

8,5-9/10

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

I tested this at Neiman Marcus today, and... I can barely smell anything. When I first sprayed it on a strip, I got a VERY faint hint of smoke and woods, but nothing else. I sprayed a couple sprays on my arm, thinking my skin chemistry would make it smell like SOMETHING - if I push my nose up against my arm it gives off a little sweetness, similar to Prada Candy, but still not much of anything. This is a dud for me.

archivist
archivist

This is a lovely almond - the best almond I've smelled yet, including Escale a Portofino, Cinema, SL Rahat Loukoum, Hypnotic Poison, Louve, and others. I tried it from a dab vial instead of a spray, so I cannot speak to its tenacity or projection (often vastly improved by being sprayed rather than dabbed) but the fundamentals of the scent are outstanding.

lizakaya
lizakaya

Marco Chau, your descriptor is perfection. I spent the afternoon Saturday at the Guerlain boutique in Vegas with the most wonderful and patient SA. As I commented on the notes on paper of each of the epds, we poured over the official book of notes and chattered about how one developed over another, etc. This scent is heaven. On my skin it is complex and interesting without being overbearing, it is sweet without being like candy and it is bolstered by traces of wood and smoke. I can wear this for everyday, or for a special evening. Extremely versatile, much more so than some of my other high end frags which seem to be a little more situation specific.

megrim
megrim

Tonka Imperiale opens with a warm, dry blast of sweet almond, creamy tonka and a delicate, barely-there peppery back-note of rosemary. The overall impression is one of warmth, sophistication, and luxury. If ever a frag actually smelled 'expensive', this one certainly does.

Although gourmand, this is quite a 'grown up' frag. No shrill almond-vanilla essence here - this is honeyed, rich and complex. The middle is where the pale tobacco comes into play, dusty and light. Shifting over a bed of rich tonka and a hint of smokey incense.

Tonka Imperiale is relatively linear, but by no means simple. It's an incredibly rich assortment of notes and chords weaving in and out and between each other. Completely unisex, perfectly wearable and inoffensive. Much like being wrapped in a huge, plush and expensive blanket.

My only criticism can be aimed at sillage. The longevity is astounding - easily on par with some of the more nuclear Montales - however for me at least, the projection is rather muted. Made worse I think by the very nature of this juice - diffuse, warm, glowing and dusty. Once the sharper rosemary note bows out there's very little 'punch' left to this frag. It becomes difficult to find any one note for the nose to cling to and one is left with a diffusive, barely-there cloud of warmth.

Certainly not a deal-breaker, but for the hefty price tag, I'd have liked this to fill a room.

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

English:

For me it is an honor to write about as acclaimed perfume, desired and longed for a large majority, the portentous Tonka Imperiale by Guerlain. Perfume launched in 2010 designed by the talented Thierry Wasser who is also father of Shalimar's and La Petite Robe Noir's and its flanker's. So let the coveted ... It opens in my nostrils very medicinal, with the same aromatic ring noticeable in syrups used to fight colds, but only for the first minute and anything that does not give to support, you can feel the slightly Rosemary and citric of Bergamot, however, bitter almonds are in concentrated doses than other delivery orders possibly combined, make me associate it with the flavor syrups widely used during colds. The middle of Tonka Imperiale is the beginning of a daydream that only feeling to know a Tonka Fava samba married to a delicious and smaller doses of Almonds Tobacco, creating a combined aroma medium sweet, semisweet what time brings us the honey or something else resinous pure quality. Its base has my respect for the Cedar presence which for me is noticeable from the exit, but in a subtle way, without meddling in the evolution of other notes, their growth will printing the fragrance its imposing rustic look of wood together with the estimated Pine notes which are smoked for Incense burning smoothly and makes Tonka Imperiale be what he is up to his excruciating farewell to the skin. There is no denying that it is a highly built fragrance and has its evolution admirable step by step, however, there are other fragrances that have the same olfactory segment Tonka Imperiale, but without the same exclusivity, this is partly because of Tonka Imperiale belong to Maison Guerlain and compose your the Exclusive Collections in the gallery of pure and natural L'Art et la Matière. To my Tonka Imperiale Guerlain nostrils is branch of Haram Brecourt and the Eau Missions Le Couvent des Minimes, but with its touch of "guerlainidade". Their anchorages and projection are average, is a close perfume with a scent that stirs the emotions, and your first contact with my skin the set as heaven on earth!

Also dedicate this review to my friend Renato Pereira!

Portugûes:

Para mim é uma honra escrever sobre um perfume tão aclamado, desejado e ansiado por uma grande maioria, o portentoso Tonka Impériale de Guerlain. Perfume lançado em 2010 concebido pelo talentoso Thierry Wasser que também é pai dos Shalimar’s e dos La Petite Robe Noir’s e seus flanker’s. Então, vamos ao apetecido... Ele abre nas minhas narinas bastante medicinal, com o mesmo toque aromático perceptível nos xaropes utilizados no combate a gripes, mas apenas pelos primeiros minutos e nada que não dê para suportar, levemente dá para sentir o Alecrim e o cítrico da Bergamota, contudo, as Amêndoas amargas são em doses concentradas que possivelmente combinadas as demais notas de saída, fazem-me associá-lo ao aroma de xaropes muito utilizados durante os resfriados. O meio do Tonka Impériale é o início de um devaneio que só sentindo para saber, um samba de Fava Tonka casada com um Tabaco delicioso e mais pequenas doses de Amêndoas, criando um aroma combinado meio doce, meio amargo que horas remete-nos a mel ou a algo mais resinoso de pura qualidade. Sua base tem meu respeito pela presença do Cedro que por mim é perceptível desde a saída, mas de forma sutil, sem intromissão na evolução das demais notas, seu crescimento vai imprimindo à fragrância seu aspecto rústico imponente de madeira estimada juntamente com as notas de Pinho que são defumadas por um Incenso que queima suavemente e faz Tonka Impériale ser o que ele é até sua cruciante despedida sobre a pele. Não há como negar que é uma fragrância altamente bem construída e que tem sua evolução admirável passo a passo, contudo, existem outras fragrâncias que possuem o mesmo segmento olfativo de Tonka Impériale, porém sem a mesma exclusividade, isso se dá pelo fato de Tonka Impériale pertencer a Maison Guerlain e compor sua The Exclusive Collections na galeria dos puros e naturais L'Art et la Matière. Para minhas narinas Tonka Impériale de Guerlain é congênere de Haram de Brecourt e de Eau the Missions Le Couvent des Minimes, só que com seu toque de “guerlainidade”. Sua fixação e projeção são medianas, é um perfume rente com um aroma que mexe com as emoções, e em seu primeiro contato com a minha pele o defini como: céu na terra!

Dedico esta resenha ao meu amigo Renatão Pereira!

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

This scent is identical to an almond cookie.. Very sweet and gourmand.. Decent fragrance, but not for me.. IMO better suited for a woman.. However still quality juice..

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

In theory, due to the arrangement of notes, this should be my favorite fragrance in the entire world - but, (and thankfully, due to the price) it is a "like", not a "love".

A handful of tonka bean fragrances later... I might be realizing that tonka does not work with my chemistry at all.

On me, this fragrance starts out full of sweet cherry-ish tobacco & spice, and it's lovely! I "oooh'd and ahhh'd" over it. About 10 minutes later, it's a stale rubbery scent, which isn't ENTIRELY unpleasant, but nothing I'd gravitate towards on a daily basis. Very linear and bland, as a few others have said below. I guess this is a hit or miss for most people! A little bit of a let-down with this one, I think everybody expects a LOT out of Guerlain, but I'm glad I was able to get a hold on a decant to try!

kingdanny4754
kingdanny4754

Smells like fall and winter in a bottle. I get like a gingerbread smell to this very sexy and yummy. I love it will get a full bottle soon. I can't believe people compared pure havane to this, they smell nothing alike. I was putting off a sample of this because people said they were similar boy they was wrong.

kay0981
kay0981

Another brilliant fragrance from Guerlain! Tonka Imperiale stole my heart right from the first spritz.. It's lusciously rich, sophisticated, elegant, and it definitely makes a statement. This is a kind of perfume you'd wear if you want to be noticed – its beauty and boldness are hard to ignore!

This composition is based primarily on warm accords of sweet almonds and spicy tonka bean, enriched with fragrant tobacco and smoky incense. It's a truly unique and intoxicating combination of bold aromas, beautifully balanced and blended to perfection... I can also detect a faint herbal undertone, possibly from the rosemary. I'm a little surprised that there isn't a vanilla note listed here, because the drydown brings forward something that smells very much like soft, creamy vanilla – the familiar Guerlain-esque elegance and oriental charm, but with a nice modern edge. And although Tonka Imperiale is not strictly a gourmand fragrance, the dominant almond note smells deliciously voluptuous, resembling sweet cinnamon and toasted, honey-glazed nuts.

Tonka Imperiale has a fantastic projection and longevity, and truly upholds the status of the house Guerlain in terms of quality. It's a beautiful fragrance which offers a wide range of contrasting accords; both sweet and spicy, carrying incredible elegance and sophistication. If you can get your hands on it – go for it! It's a little too expensive for me, but thanks to a lovely Fragrantican I have a little sample of it, and I treasure it dearly <3
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

seekritdude
seekritdude

It would seem im in the minority here reading the reviews but this is pretty linear on my skin. And the main notes I get are just cherry and almond. So much cherry in fact its shocking to me its not on the note list. Almost everything else is a aftertaste at best. When it dries down and becomes more of a skin scent I do get more of the honey, tobacco, vanilla. I actually dont get a lot of tonka in this off hand, but what I do is nice. I think tonka in a lot of other frags has a potential to smell kinda funky and is better for someone smelling you than the wearer. But there was no funk to this what so ever. And it was pleasant throughout. On paper I get more of the cookie, nuttyness, and chewyness that is lost on my skin as the cherry and almond that overwhelm my nose. Projection is only ok, but 12 hours of longevity is possible so thats nice.

I like it and if anything im always looking for a nice fragrance that has a cherry smell. I do get compliments on it. But that being said I personally didnt find this particularly snuggly like others, and it never brought that smile to my face, or made me think to myself "man I smell fucking good today" lol So its hard to see me paying hundreads of dollars for this.

keiti
keiti

Loving the overall mood of this perfume, very comforting yet elegantly ladylike. It reminds me of SL Bois Vanille in many ways, I guess its the mix of almond, tonka and vanilla that does it.. actually, sometimes I get whiffs that are exactly the same. Still, with Tonka Imperiale I get loads more almond from start to finish whereas with SL I can't really distinguish it that much. Because that makes such a difference, they both have room on my shelf. I just like perfumes of this sort, deep, rich, foody - but not yucky and sugary - and undenyably bursting with quality materials that linger and linger. They never fail to lift my spirits!

HyacinthBucket
HyacinthBucket

I like Tonka Imperiale very much however I expect more complexity from Guerlain. This would make a very nice, upscale celebrity scent but it's not worthy of the name Guerlain. Definitely not worth $250 a bottle.

serchina
serchina

Tonka Imperiale is the one so-called oriental "gourmand" -due to the almond- that is really elegand and lady-like at the same time. The sweetness has a soft balance that makes it wearable. The tonka bean, almond and tobacco have a perfect role in this fragrance that make it a well combination right on the nose. This is a pure perfection gourmand and not gourmand at the same time :) A masterpiece..

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

A lot of the fragrances I like have tonka bean in them and people attribute it a sweetness and creaminess, so I wanted to see what a tonka-focused perfume smelled like.

I can't place the smell really: it's nutty and biscuity and sweet like honey and vanilla. Not sure I'd wear this perfume by itself. Perhaps I do prefer tonka as a supporting player – a character actor – rather than in a leading role.

thomasrainy
thomasrainy

Such a well balanced and sophisticated masterpiece! It was a huge surprise for me when I sniffed it. It is fairly sweet however the tobacco and spices are balancing against it. I would say that the quality is quite great although for that price I would buy an another niche scent rather than this. It could be a great choice for the Advent period and Christmas! :)

naht
naht

I wanna purchase a full bottle (my b-day is coming), if anyone have it please let me know! NIB or used, I don't mind!

farang
farang

This is a beautiful fragrance of tonka, almonds, honey, vanilla. But (sweet) gourmands are not my cup of tea, so I'll pass.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Right off the bat this scent is gorgeous!!! Tonka takes center stage while everything else complements and nothing else competes!!! Full bottle worthy?? My Lord yes!!! I know the price is crazy but worth every penny. This is rich, sophisticated and elegant. The notes blend beautifully together. To me this is dry...dry...dry and I love it!!! The rosemary and spices are gorgeous with the tobacco, honey and woods swirling around in the background. Guerlain - You are killing my wallet!!!!

Youssef_Maggi
Youssef_Maggi

heaven on earth, i love this perfume!!!

hod

not similar to pure havane. pure havane is way too sweet in my opinion. they share a tobacco note but that's it.
this is way more balanced and way more well composed.

silviosqa
silviosqa

HI people,

I'm from Brazil and my name is Silvio.

Somebody could send me a link to buy the Tonka Imperiale of Any store that delivery in Brazil.

Thank very much.

kazewayz
kazewayz

To me this resembled Rochas for man but better quality. It's very sweet, with some cherry in there, as well as some almond in there mixed with powder. Too sweet for my taste. This can go well if mixed with a leathery scent or some lime accord, to give it a manlier take. To me it will suit a woman better. Well done fragrance nevertheless. Try it.

dmoman
dmoman

Opens up like pure havane but then turns a different direction as it turns smekey and almondy but the sweetness reminds me of pure havane so its hard to fork over 275-300 bucks while you can get pure havane for $70. However its much more smooth in transition as it goes into drydown so maybe you can justify if you are willing to pay that much for quality. I can't lie I thought of buying it but you know...that's a lot of dough.

hod

a masterpiece. smells very, very,very GOOD. delicious,sexy,elegant,luxurious..
everything!
very expensive but WORTH the price!
sillage,projection and longevity are all beast mode!

shuhlann
shuhlann

I really wanted to like or (preferably) love this fragrance. Obviously, this is were we are all different. My nose cannot detect vanilla here, which is what I want. It immediately reminded me of cheap shaving cream. Like Barbasol.

mwallwork
mwallwork

Tonka Imperiale. It has been my pleasure to be a lover of tonka bean based fragrances for many years. Even when I was unaware of the tonka bean in a loved fragrance, I was captured by The Bean. This Guerlain selection is a tonka bean star from the beginning. Other supporting cast member recite their lines to complete the story, but The Bean is queen.

The opening act is a floral tonka trio with a lighthanded jasmine and a kiss of sweet tobacco - the cured, unsmoked leaf. Bergamot is submerged by the sugar in this composition - present, but hidden by a scrim.

Almond is present to my nose, but is not even the ingenue in this performance. Cedar and incense join the troupe in the dry down to contribute a wisp of smoke and the savor of an aromatic wood.

My No's: no rosemary, no pine.
A favorite - no doubt.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

A delicious fragrance like enjoying marzipan, sipping butterscotch and smoking the best of tobacco in the library after a fulfilling dinner. A fragrance to love and be loved by anyone who likes sweets and tobacco. I chose this one over all other L'Art & La Matiere fragrances including Rose Barbare, the rose I love, and Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

papelet
papelet

Definitely a masterpiece!
Many excellent reviews of this piece of art which is why I am not adding another one.
I just wish it last longer on my skin, no compliments yet, no one has asked about it. I did ask my sister what she thought about it and all she said was: smells good but too light

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Vanilla, creamy, almondy, all those adjectives in that olfactory dessert, which must be done by a chef of any royalty, where revenue is maintained at 7 keys, but only Wasser must have had access and ingeniously turned into perfume.
The tonka bean is amazing, together with almond accord creates a very slight bitter nuance, is sublime, the presence of tobacco to close this fragrance is unbelievable.
I think this made something like a very discreet smoky aroma, finally, a daydream olfactory.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

This fragrance is for sophisticated people. It smells a bit sweet at the start, but keep your hopes high. In a little while it evolves into something elegant and sensual. This is not just for gourmands. I am not a gourmand but this one gets my vote !

pure_dreamer
pure_dreamer

This stuff is amazing reminds me of an English bakewell tart ....

smell that and you will have rough idea what this smells like...

Must be the bitter almond. Bakewell tarts have a lot of almonds and sugar too

Tonka Imperiale by Guerlain is a scent that will certainly appeal to those with sweet tastes, especially those that enjoy wearing gourmands. I'm used to smelling tonka bean when paired with vanilla, but in this particular composition it stands on its own two feet, although it smells a little drier than I expected it to be.

First things first, (although not a complete replicate), Tonka Imperiale does remind me of Joop! Homme. I think both of them smell fantastic, so it's no negative remark. They're both on the sweet-masculine side of the fence.

This fragrance is both herbal and sweet to my nose. The opening is a unique blend of bitter almond, tonka bean, rosemary and powdery jasmine. The almond really adds to the delicious nutty texture when blended with the tonka bean, and for once I'm thankful that vanilla is absent in this composition.

Like most Guerlain fragrances, Tonka Imperiale has a rather dominating presence. It tends to cloud you in a heavy aroma of delectable warmth. I thought this fragrance would be a sure crowd pleaser, but unfortunately my boyfriend isn't a big fan of this fragrance on my skin, nor is his best friend, who claimed that Tonka Imperiale makes him want to sneeze. I perhaps should have chosen a different fragrance for that dinner outing.

Tonka Imperiale is quite an elegant and sophisticated fragrance, and although marketed to both sexes, (I may be unpopular in saying this), I think it would ultimately smell better on a man's skin. The rich and smoky drydown, made up of tobacco, cedar and pine, carries with it quite a strong masculine vibe.

I love smelling Tonka Imperiale radiating from my skin during the cool weather, however the thought of wearing it during Spring and Summer is enough to turn my stomach. This fragrance is also one to be applied sparingly, as it can be a tad overwhelming at times. As I've also experienced, it does make people sneeze.

unregistered
unregistered

Warm almond gourmand lingers forever on clothes. Bittersweet herbaceous notes keep it from becoming too candylike. Tonka bean is coumarin sweet rather than vanillic sweet, so it's not too dessert-like. Really delightful but very expensive. One of my more-complimented scents, as it's not a ubiquitous fruity floral and has a tasty sillage. I first tried this when I came to Neiman Marcus hoping to test the just-released Prada Candy, and the SA suggested I try this Guerlain exclusive instead. What a tease!

candymarie
candymarie

I was going to attempt a review, but I can't imagine a better one than Kamicha's below. Rarely does anyone capture the essence of a perfume so perfectly in words. (insert clapping emoticon here)

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

This is very edible! wow! I see this more for colder months but it's great!

Kamicha
Kamicha

This is beautiful, understated gourmand oriental, painted with delicate watercolor strokes.

Sweet - definitely, but the gentle bite of green herbs and bitterness of almonds balance it beautifully. There is somehow moist feel in this one - but I'm not saying this is aquatic *shudders*. Tobacco blends in seamlessly. Rather linear, but time reveals the warm ambery base and velvety red wood tones. Feels absolutely natural and comforting, but does not exactly envelope the wearer. Sheer, definitely sheer.

Excellent lasting power - but very polite sillage. Gourmand for work - yep, try this one.

kl99
kl99

pure confectionery.
sticky. good for caries fans.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This opens up with a marzipan glazed honey accord and is quite sweet. After this opening I am picking up a big dose of rosemary and its starting to smell strongly of almonds.

The fragrance is very sugary and reminds me of white chocolate or the icing on a fancy cake.

This fragrance is beautiful but just to feminine for me to pull off. Would smell great on a lady though.

cacraine
cacraine

This smelled like a smokey incense laden campfire on me...not that it was a bad smell...just not one that I am accustomed to.

misskaylapaige
misskaylapaige

For me the strongest note is the almond - it gives it a cherry-like flavor. The tonka, honey, and vanilla blend nicely... it's almost like a very nice vanilla bean ice cream with a cherry on top... and then the tobacco and spice notes bottom it out, giving it a lot of extra depth that I think is the most important part of the fragrance.. without the tobacco it would just be a normal sweet gourmand.

I definitely like it but for the price I'll be sticking to my decant.

Sweet almond, plasticky tonka bean, green pine, tobacco, medicinal bitterness. This combination did not work for me and the bitterness really turned me off. If I could detect more vanilla and some floral accord, it would be nice, but none were found. Nothing that's smokey either. Sadly, this masterpiece is not my cuppa tea at all, and it won't be included in my collection. On the plus side, I save money to buy something else. :)

floof
floof

Beautifully deep and rich, this lasts forever (over 24 hours on me!) and is very wearable. It is a beautiful tonka bean, with an almond smelling start. As a matter of fact, this is the longest lasting perfume I have tried. I can see why people call this HG material, out of my hundreds of fragrances, this one still stands out.

JToronto
JToronto

There's a famous quote from another perfumier that when he used vanilla he only got creme brule, while Guerlain got Shalimar. I guess Guerlain wanted both, because this fragrance is totally creme brule to me. It starts off a bit interesting with some bitterness in the vanilla, but for me the drydown is all burnt sugar. Not unpleasant but not for me.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

a very nice perfume. i tried its EDP , very nice. but is the price really justified?!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

My first reaction on opening up the sample vial was, Ooooh … I like this! It’s a rich, spicy, incense-y coumarin scent with just a touch of toasted almond biscotti. I don’t really smell much of the rosemary or spices, but they do contribute subtly to the overall composition. I found that it stayed fairly linear with just the right amount of sillage, and lasted well, about 6-8 hours.

I would characterize this as a gourmand incense, and it is indeed an excellent one. Beautifully blended, with moderate sillage and longevity, this is a scent that I could wear on a regular basis. A real winner!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

OMG!

Thank you Tigerlillian!

This is gourmand perfection! And I have no words to satisfy the description this masterpiece deserves.
It is such a beautifully blended piece of art. I smell hints of every note listed, and they never once compete for dominance against its namesake.

I'm WOWed!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I was soooooo scared to test this on myself. I have a small sample vial and right on opening it I fell in love--way too extravagant for me to spend money on an entire bottle if I had to have it.

Honeyed hay from the tonka in perfect harmony with clarifying rosemary was such a divine opening for me.

As it warmed up, the vanilla made its gourmand appearance and married well with gently warm spices and the bitter creaminess of almond.

The sweetness lingers on... warm, cozy and smoking with a thick wisp of tobacco and glowing amber.

Alas the sharp clarity of rosemary departed leaving an incredibly complex honeyed gourmand.

With that I decided that the drydown was a little too sweet for me to adopt this as a signature--the only reason why I'd spend so much for a full bottle. Absolutely superb nonetheless and I will savor every drop of my sample.

southernbelleinseattle
southernbelleinseattle

I was so disappointed with this. Truthfully, all I smell in this is incense and bug spray. it's very strong. I can't catch any honey or vanilla, or chai spice latte as it is supposed to have :-(. It's very cloying, even just a little of it, and smells like such a synthetic chemical. every time I try it I can't scrub it off fast enough. I had my husband smell it and he couldn't stand it either :-(. I had hoped that when winter came, the smell would work better, but I can't get over the incense steeped in chemically bug spray, sorry :-(

celina
celina

Notes: Bergamot, rosemary, tonka bean, honey, spices, almond, jasmine, vanilla, cedar, pine, incense, tobacco and amber.

This is a tonka concerto played on the traditional Guerlain base. There is a modern twist added: the gourmand tones with bittersweet almond and a touch of hypnotic coumarin. The other notes are coming as nuances, balancing the tonka’s evolution.

Tonka is a fantastic note, actually I would consider it more of a full tone with combined aromatic, slightly herbaceous and spicy reminisces of vanilla, almonds, cinnamon, cloves and tobacco. Maybe a whisper of incense as well?

First, the almond note comes in, rich and bitterish, followed by the woody rosemary. The sweet side is paired with honey and tobacco. It may sound overwhelming but this is a vanilla comfort scent, close relative of Spiritueuse Double Vanille.
Very well balanced with woody and spicy notes. The amber keeps the dry down close to the skin and brings a sensuous touch.

Lovely and dreamy. I wish it was less expensive.

delphine67
delphine67

oWW WHAT A LOVELY SWEET TONKA SCENT.
it is a beautiful perfume.Gourmand and very sophisticated.Its a warm and cozy scent the tonka with the honey blend very well on my skin.dry down with vanilla.
If you love sweet fumes you must try this one out

9154mf
9154mf

Oh such delightful tonka heaven! I love this, and I knew I would because I am a gourmand lover, but this is more than just gourmand. It has the warmth of an oriental and a hint of spice, while still managing to be sophisticated and yummy at the same time. I don't smell much almond or rosemary at all personally. The main notes for me are the tonka, honey and tobacco spices. This is sooo beautiful!

jae
jae

I just sampled this and my conclusion was: THIS is why I let The One for Men go.. This is much better by a LONG shot. It's slightly more sweet with better sillage. There isn't more to be said, really. I just wish that it wasn't as difficult to find as it is.... This is definitely worth hunting for. It seems that these French parfumeurs have been stealing me away from my Italian preference.....

Kterhark
Kterhark

Yea, this is in the database. I recieved my sample the week it hit the market, as I was so excited to try the latest A and M addition.

This wears like most in this line; it has sharp, crisp, high quality notes that last and last on the skin.

That said, you really need to like what lasts. Tonka is a sweeter base note, and here it is amplified by honey and almond. Personally I would have left the almond out, as it has that 'cookie breath' thing going on which is just too sickening for me.

I thought the tobacco was a nice addition, but the dry anchor it provides is not enough to overcome the almond-like pastiness.

I forwarded my sample on to a fellow Guerlain lover (hopefully she'll add her review here!) She leans more towards the gourmand scents and really liked this one. That is probably the key to whether or not you'll enjoy it yourself.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Tonka Imperiale fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Tonka Imperiale, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tonka Imperiale by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tonka Imperiale by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.