Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Too Much? Guerlain for women

Too Much? Guerlain for women
dislike

yellow floral
Too Much? Guerlain for women Pictures Too Much? Guerlain for women Pictures Too Much? Guerlain for women Pictures

This is more intensive and floral version of Champs Elysees, summer and optimistic fragrance for the joyful and gentle. It was launched in 2000. Too Much? – Can it be too much of spring time freshness, the breeze of May, tenderness of nature and love? Never! The beginning is fresh and somewhat sharp (the bergamot of Calabria’s and mimosa); the heart is a composition of mimosa, lily and hyacinth. The trace reveals jasmine, narcissus and benzoin.

Mimosa Bergamot

Mimosa Lily Hiacynth

Benzoin Jasmine Narcissus

Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette

Too Much? Fragrance Reviews

Soie
Soie

The hyacinth, as is listed among the fragrance notes, is quite prominent in Too Much. First sniff is noticeably oily and green, and only after further inspection does the scent of mimosa become noticeable, along with a hint of freshening note of bergamot.

As the fragrance begins to develop on my skin, the note of mimosa intensifies, becoming rich and honeyed in aspect as contrasted with the weak airy quality of it just brief moments before. Lily joins in after a while, very nearly overshadowing the mimosa (though the bright, candied violet aroma of mimosa still does manage to make its presence known).

The fragrance, at this point, is richly floral and balsamic, with just a trace of spice. The greenness from hyacinth is now amplified, and lends a springlike scent of fresh stems and leaves, greatly tempering the rich sweetness from the scent of the petals.

The fragrance then lightens and becomes green fresh, and breezy, with a mild note of jasmine peeking through as well (please note here that I am not yet acquainted with the scent of narcissus). Mimosa, lily and hyacinth are, however, the major plays in Too Much, and take center stage pretty much throughout and to the drydown phase, where the note of benzoin finally makes an appearance.

I must add too that the quality of this fragrance, Guerlain "Too Much," has shown itself to be unaffected by quite a long passage of time, as the it is just as outstanding now as I recall it being from when I first sprayed it about 14 years ago.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

I'm not a big fan of Champs Elysees but when this first came out I fell in love. There is something in this that reminds me of my Grandmothers garden - specifically the gardens she had at the front and side of her house where she grew hydrangeas. My grandmother wasn't a perfume wearer so it's nice to have had something that triggers a memory of her.

greenelf
greenelf

The citrus, the greennote and the narcissus really makes this about a perfect scent for me during spring and summer...LOVE IT!

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I finally own a large bottle of this fantastic lesser known Guerlain.

A soft, balmy, yellow/white/green floral (fun!). It is an original perfume and I love the way hyacinth blends in here, it adds that discreet green touch that is not sharp at all. The benzoin adds a balmy background and the lily is warm. So overall, a well rounded floral green like I've been looking for, for a long time now. No citrus, no screechy notes... and in the oil version, it is soooooo very nice and sensual...

A very nice mimosa scent that will appeal to yellow floral lovers.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Sweet almond, mimosa, flowers, and a gentle touch of powder..... I'm having difficulty understanding the strong green comments or this being "too much" of anything. Beautiful!

I received this decant from my Fabulous Fragrantica pal, exciter76 ~ thanks, luv! Trying this Guerlain gave me such a sense of discovery, akin to visiting another country and finding it is strangely familiar!

For those who know they already like Champs Elysees, it would be a lot of fun to try her yellow sister. The color yellow WILL come to mind, despite it's name. :)

Could one ever have TOO MUCH of something so springlike and gentle? Too Much seems to me a most appropriate selection to introduce a teen or sophisticated pre - teen to the world of Guerlain.

But don't rule this out as a chic choice for "the women"! We would do well to remember that simplicity PLUS sophistication is an utterly devastating combination..............................

fishmerised
fishmerised

Pretty bottle, shame I don't have it, lol, I'm wearing a decanted roll-on. I bought a selection of Guerlain samples a few years ago and this is the first time I've felt inclined to wear Too Much!

It's nice, I notice that green chypre note someone mentioned. It's a fresh, green floral but not too sweet or sharp. It has the typical Guerlain sillage that goes on and on.

I think I will enjoy wearing this occassionaly.

edit: forgot to add that the opening notes really are TOO MUCH! This is why I delayed trying this fragrance for so long. But if you can persevere for a little while it really does develope into a pretty fragrance.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

In conclusion, don't judge Too Much right away. It takes almost 3 hours (on me at least) to completely blossom. When it finally does it is quite lovely. It lasts around 2 days (even through batheing!). Soft sillage and amazingly long lasting. Worth a try, but, it's not becoming one of my favorites.

onimoka
onimoka

M M M! Sooo nice :) Like Ole Henriksen usually saying -
I LOVE IT!!!
Flowery, soft and summer like. Lasting power is good for EdT. Getting complements on this one all the time now :)
Really, every time i have it on, i have people asking what is it that i am wearing ( in a good way)

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Only slightly similar to original Champs Elysees.
Too Much is very much about mimosa, Too Much also has the characteristics of a chypre fragrance, possibly, due to bergamot and daffodil sour/bitter notes.
It makes me feel comfortable on a frosty cloudy day; it keeps whispering to your ear that after winter, always comes spring...
Too Much is a great green personality.
If you're into Fleur Defendue, Absynthe or Vivara - Too Much will certainly appeal to you. The bottle has a rainbow shine to it, it looks very pretty in my collection.
Sillage and longetivity is quite distinctive for an Eau De Toilette.
I truly adore it.
Not as much as Champs Elysees EDP, though :-)

mymlan
mymlan

Too Much? was a blind buy during my Guerlan period. It's a flanker to Champs Elysees, but actually I liked it more than Champs. The mimosa is very alive in this floral green fragrance. I would say it's perfect for spring in expectation of summer; bringing hope of a new green lush season to arrive.

However, this is actually not my kind of fragrance and as I never reached for it, I felt bad about it standing unused in my perfume cupboard. So for my mothers birthday I had a few fragrances from which she could choose, and she fell for Too Much as it reminded her of spring, summer and gardening.

Too Much is such a happy fragrace of flowers and sunshine, and everytime I see her she smells so good that I almost regret my gift.

Update. My mother, who's rarley using perfume has finished it!! :)

Polymath
Polymath

Too Much? It is truly too much like Champs Elysees. But I like them both.

dina
dina

The best mimosa fragrance ever...The whole composition is made around that lovely flower. It's soft, delicate, very lady like.
A must have for all Mimosa lovers, though I think it has been discontinued now.

popcorn
popcorn

it si very nice and lovely parfum, i feel more green and spring flower, perfect for worm seasons

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

I purchased this unsniffed, as I love Champs Elysees. Imagine my surprise when the opening was green and herbaceous; think cilantro! After 5-10 minutes it did calm and a very faint bit of almond and mimosa came through. During this phase it smells a lot like Guerlain's Secret Intention. Surprisingly, after about 2 hours comes the familiar scent of the Champs Elysees. Soft sweet almond, mimosa and flowers. Yet just a little touch of what smells to me like greens, honeysuckle and powder to separate Too Much from its namesake.
In conclusion, don't judge Too Much right away. It takes almost 3 hours (on me at least) to completely blossom. When it finally does it is quite lovely. It lasts around 2 days (even through batheing!). Soft sillage and amazingly long lasting. Tho, it's not my cup of tea. If you like fresh greens you'd love it.

guest_Zoe M
guest_Zoe M

It's too fresh for my taste.

2007

Too Much? by Guerlain 3.72 out of 5 based on 92 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Too Much? fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Too Much?, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Too Much? by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Too Much? by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.