Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Un Air de Samsara Guerlain for women

Un Air de Samsara Guerlain for women
dislike

Un Air de Samsara Guerlain for women Pictures

Un Air de Samsara by Guerlain is a Floral fragrance for women. Un Air de Samsara was launched in 1995. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain. Top notes are mint and bergamot; middle notes are jasmine and narcissus;

Mint Bergamot

Jasmine Narcissus

Shanghai

Un Air de Samsara Fragrance Reviews

sara lii
sara lii

For me, this is (together with Yvresse) my all time favourite perfume ever!!! I think it's similar to the original but in a lighter version. So sad it's not for sale anymore...

Iva Vendetta
Iva Vendetta

This is a chimera scent. I have tried to wear it, but keep getting all the mint, even a lemony scent.
I cannot see this as an autumn perfume - too powdery.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I just got this because I was a serious Samsara girl many years ago. But Un Air I do not like. At first spray all i got was a strong burst of old lemon candy. Then the familiarity to the original Sam eventually came through.. . . But alas, for me, Samsara and all her sisters' time has indeed passed. I don't know what I'll do with this full bottle but I've decided from now on to leave the past in the past. No more trying to conjure up those old feelings. They just don't translate in 2012.

santaborboleta
santaborboleta

Lovely is not a word that applies to Air de Samsara...it is so much more: exotic, oriental, strong, rich... yes the minty notes are clear in the beginning and its wonderful how they mix with the original Samsara scent. However I'd never classify it as a casual or easy to wear scent, summery maybe, but only as summery as you can imagine a hot, humid Summer night. Would love to compare with Samsara Shine, I seem to enjoy the Summer versions that are further away from the original ones...even though I am a fan of Samsara for the Winter. Hoped to be able to use it this Summer but I think maybe Autumn will be a better time for it.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I really like it, funny story though, when I got it was drinking a chamomille/mint tea and when I sprayed some of Un Air de Samsara on my palm it smelled almost exactly like it. But I love it. Can't wait to use it for real.

gesch
gesch

I had the orig. Samsara as EdP-version thanks to a swap, but when I had a full bottle, it was clear, that I was never going to empty it in my life time (hopefully several decades to go still ;) .

It is strong, heady and I underestimated the jasmine and sandalwood. I LOVE oriental-woodies - but that wasn't for me.

Since I liked the concept I thought maybe just a lighter dose would do it. Wasn't going for the EdT though. So finally I'm a proud owner of the "Un air de Samsara" - perfectly named and concepted.

This somewhat convoluted paragraphs were to lead to the praise to a clearly lighter version of the Original. You smell Samsara all the way, but it is airy in comparison. Still high quality, still intense, still great sillage and longvity - but it isn't that "in your face".

When you wear Samsara everyone knows when you enter a room - no way around it. But with this version you enter a room and only those near the door notice you and trail you.

You won't suffocate anyone (not even yourself) - but you will get noticed. It is more flowery but still there's enough sandalwood and vanilla that it is not a floral in my opinion.

There is the obvious 90s-vibe going for it, too. Somewhat in the close proximaty to "Sun, Moon, Stars" by Lagerfeld.

I like it indeed - just don't feel all that comfortable because of two reasons: I'm still not all that comfortable wearing much flowers (more of a unisex-type-gal) and nowhere feel mature and refined enough for it. At times like press-balls and such I will def. wear it, but for othertimes I go back to my "jeans-and-shirt"-fragrances.

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

Very high-class, very romantic, very French, but too light and barely noticeable on my skin.

smellsogood
smellsogood

This is a really different choice for a summer spritz, if you are bored of the usual floral fruity or aquatic colognes on offer. Un Air de Samsara still has the feel of the original with the jasmine and sandalwood base, albeit very sheer, but it is the opening of bergamot and mint that freshens the whole structure and acts as a cooling breeze to the warmth of the base notes. Very beautiful, so of course discontinued!

Mimmi
Mimmi

This could be the missing link between Vol de Nuit and Samsara, just brighter than any of them. Very much spring, with a fresh sparkling opening of green, bergamot and narcissus. Warmer than VdN, there is bright jasmine in this scents heart, and powdery vanilla and sandal from the base is getting through. Unfortunately the base is light enough to be a little too weak, but really gorgeous in a very Guerlain-basenotes fashion. Im sniffing my wrist all evening, as Im now using the last drops of my bottle. I wish it lasted longer, which is my problem with this - its my Cinderella scent, perfect for one evening - and then its gone.

Galya
Galya

I found it very similar at "je reviens" of the Worth (vintage) and think because of narcissus.It is very fresh and sweet in the same time.

njdeb
njdeb

Definitely a lighter, fresher take on the sandalwood classic, Samsara.

I haven't smelled Samsara in a while, but thought I might find it too heavy for my tastes these days, which is why I was intrigued by this perfume. Now I think I want to try the original again, because I suspect I would like a deeper version of this better.

Still, a lovely, very wearable scent.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Un Air is a classy fragrance. It has a breath of the original Samsara within its composition, but it is very different. Un Air is less rich, less opulent, less heavy...but it remains elegant & of a certain age.

The green notes are very apparent - narcissus & still, real, powdery flowers. Warm, slightly spicy, calm yet fresh - like a cool blonde walking through a garden bathed in golden sunshine in the early summer.

This is a tea-party scent - slightly more casual than the original yet still strictly for ladies. Tweens & sugar-queens need not apply.

Where Samsara is a sultry brunette, Un Air is a cool blonde. Nice, but I prefer the original.

juliane
juliane

lovely scent but too flowery for me. smells somehow bright yellow, might be the narcissus. definitely a spring or summer scent with really soft oriental tones. would suit blonde women best imo?!

this was a lovely scent, but Guerlain (once again!) discontinued a beautiful scent and favoured a lot of banal ones. It must be a matter of cost of raw material. I've been a long time wearer and lover of original Samsara, for me still one of most beautiful scents on earth, badly re-formulated.
I had a few samples of Un Air de Samsara and one of body cream. Great stuff. I was amazed to find so many similarities with Samsara in a scent which is basically different! It was the spirit of Samsara, juste un air, in a fresher, refined, uplifting version.
I need to talk to Guerlain....

allexa27
allexa27

This Samsara is more similar to the original one ,than Samsara Shine.I dont like Shine, but i love this one very much ,just like the original.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

One of my favourite perfumes of all times. This was delicious, a fresh take on heavy (yet beautiful) Samsara... I contacted the Guerlain house, and they confirmed it would not be re-edited as it was a special edition. What an absolute shame, Samsara shine is very poor in comparision to Un Air de Samsara... Sometimes I do not understand the motivation behind discontinuing a perfume that is amazing yet keeping blander, more boring ones...

I must add to my review as I have recently found this treasure! I spotted it in the shop window of a perfume shop. I was suprised that a shop would still stock it, but delighted all the same. I would have bought it there and then if the shop had not been shut. I was going away for a week straight after this, so I asked my boyfriend to go and buy it for me. He dutifully went, and I came back to a bottle of this beauty. However, as I kind of expected, it is only eau de toilette, and it does smell a bit "off". But what else could I expect from a fragrance that was discontinued almost 15 years ago? It is the real thing (I examined the box and bottle very carefully) so it was probably produced back then (in 1995). But if you go past that nasty smell (which fades after a while), the beauty comes out... The bottle was cheap, so I am still happy to have one. Not sure if I will wear it out, but the joy of smelling this again, and reviving happy memories was worth the (cheap) price tag... Oh Guerlain, why did you discontinue this amazing scent?
But it should be a lesson learnt, when trying to buy a fragrance that has been discontinued a long time ago on the internet or in a shop, chances are it will be a fake, or the real thing that is past its sell by date...

distortech
distortech

Wow! This stuff is amazing. I absolutely love this take on Samsara! Much more "user friendly" for casual wear and a great alternative to the original.

IMHO, GREAT FOR GUYS TOO!

popcorn
popcorn

it is my best parfum now.
cool cutrus floral notes, interesting and different from samsara EDP, EDT..in the beginning start little strong like cool spring morning ,

Strong citrus on with oriental undertones. Definitely Samsara, but in summer clothes. Light, drying down to soft slightly minty citrus oriental. Rather nice

soirdelune
soirdelune

Yes, haven't seen this in a few years now. Shame, as it was a lovely way for pale-faced blondes such as myself to wear Samsara -- a spicy, exotic scent which is ordinarily far too heavy.

Van Cat
Van Cat

I really love it!unfortunately since 2003 it's not available in my country...I miss it so much!

Un Air de Samsara by Guerlain 3.96 out of 5 based on 99 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Un Air de Samsara fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Un Air de Samsara, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Un Air de Samsara by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Un Air de Samsara by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.