Designers » F-H » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Vega Guerlain for women

Vega Guerlain for women
dislike

aldehydic
Vega Guerlain for women Pictures Vega Guerlain for women Pictures Vega Guerlain for women Pictures

Vega is a fragrance launched in 1936, named after the brightest star in the Lyra constellation. It was created by Jacques Guerlain. The perfume was again launched in 2006 as a part of an exclusive collection, reinterpreted by Jean Paul Guerlain.

Top notes: aldehydes, bergamot and orange blossom. Heart: jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang, blackcurrant blossom, carnation, iris and rosewood. Base: vanilla, sandalwood and amber.

African Orange flower Bergamot Aldehydes

Carnation iris Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose Black Currant Blossom

Sandalwood Amber Vanille

Baghari 2006
Les Exclusifs de Chanel No 22

Vega Fragrance Reviews

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I think one of the other reviewers says it best-Vega spends most of its time reminding you of other fragrances rather than being distinctive in its own right. The top note is very Chanel No 5, but this is fleeting, literally a couple of minutes only. It becomes a warm, creamy sandalwood. I really don't get much in the way of white floral or jasmine, and on me the iris comes through quite distinctly. It softens into a soapy and powdery fragrance, clean and warm which brings to mind Baby powder. I like this-its family friendly, office-friendly, and wearable, just not too striking and certainly not unique. Longevity is poor on me (about 3 hours) and sillage is very soft.

lelumia
lelumia

Just like Chanel No. 22 to me from the Les Exclusifs line.

demcav
demcav

Lovely warm, smooth, creamy sandalwood in Vega, and not overly heavy on the aldehydes after their brief burst in the opening. I find Vega easily unisex.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Does anybody have a sample of this they would like to swap or something? Very interested. Sounds lovely, and I'm so partial to this House. Many of their fragrances I love, especially the Elixir's, L'Instant, Samsara. However, a few from this house just don't work on me sadly. I hate to shell out so much for a new bottle and it not work. Jicky is okay on me and I so wanted to love it. I'm really interested in trying this....it sounds lovely.

jujy54
jujy54

Actually starts dirtier than it ends. I get heliotrope, clove/carnation, and sandalwood as dominating notes. Agree with Roshap re: Samsara resemblnace. Then- - - ylang-ylang shows up and stays, and stays. If you love ylang-ylang, this is your fragrance.

Roshap
Roshap

a guerlain "hybrid", perhaps. goes on like liu and dries down to something slightly akin to samsara. but better than both.

neenets
neenets

What a marvelous high-quality aldehydic concoction! But quite different in character from the famous N°5. This one says: do not come closer unless you mean it.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Strangely. this fragrance spent it's entire time on my skin reminding me of other scents. The opening burst of aldehydes and green notes reminded me of Y by YSL; the next phase reminded me a bit of Chanel no 5, but more of First and Arpege; the dry-down developed what I call an oily note, reminiscent of the dry-down in Eau d'Hadrien, with an undertone of brylcreme...It had intesting moments, but at the price, I don't want to be reminded of other fragrances.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Aldehydic and powdery vintage scent. A bit harsh at the first sniff, but once it hits the skin it starts to develop quite nicely. It softens and powdery iris along with orange flower blooms. There's some jasmine, ylang ylang and sandalwood hanging around as well.
Terrific perfume with moderate timeline 4-5 hours.

pisces3774
pisces3774

I love this! At first, I get a whiff of Johnson and Johnson Baby Oil and Chanel No.5. But I don't dislike this, I think it's quite lovely. The dry down is gorgeous - creamy, smooth, ambery/vanillic/sandalwoody with a hint of floral note. Very warm and easy to wear.

cinemoenti
cinemoenti

★★★★★
I just bought it because after trying it twice. Don't know if i will wear it very often, but I had to have it in my collection; it's exceptionally different: smelling it, you travel through time and places, you forget about everything else.

Lady Love
Lady Love

(Original Edt Review)

Chanel 22 + Liu : Vega

¿this was necessary?

I like liu, and i know is a copy of chanel n5, but is a good reinterpretation.

This one smell almost like another Chanel fragrance. Sorry I love Guerlain but in this creation Jean-Paul sold his soul to Gabrielle. I know everyone had to compete with chanel N5 but, i think that would have been more useful for Guerlain to stay true to his other fragrances, and make something different, not another copy.

I much prefer Liu over this one.

lamerienda
lamerienda

To me this is like Chanel N°5 extrait after approximately one hour when all aldehydes are settled down and there's just a blend of addictive flowers. Very similar indeed. Just a little bit more of jasmine, but in a very discreet way. You will like it.

Vega by Guerlain 4.29 out of 5 based on 82 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Vega fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Vega, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vega by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vega by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.