Designers » F-H » Woody « Groups

Vetiver Guerlain for men

Vetiver Guerlain for men
dislike

tobacco

Vetiver by Guerlain is a Woody fragrance for men. Vetiver was launched in 1959. Top note is lemon; middle notes are tobacco and vetiver; base notes are nutmeg, tobacco and pepper.

Lemon

Djedi

Vetiver Fragrance Reviews

silentman26
silentman26

This is a masterpiece by Jean-Paul Guerlain. when he was the master perfumer of Guerlain. A fresh, natural and earthy scent. Strong sillage full of fresh Lemon. Longlasting Vetiver with great projection. Rich tobacco and spices. The best Vetiver based fragrance. A true masterpiece. Kudos Guerlain.

ninotatamena
ninotatamena

Fresh, green smelling citrus and manly.Well blended and for all seasons.i like it but it doesnt last(current formulation 2014) at all and it doesnt projects.People around me think that this is for older people or they have linked vetiver with their own memories (grandpa hugs etc).If u want the same smell with super longevity and projection go for Tom Ford grey vetyver.U wont be dissapointed.Sorry Guerlain.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

My review is based on a vintage '80s bottle of the first EDC formulation of this, although ages ago I bought a couple of vintage EDT minis too and I still sniff them from times to times (and in fact I notice quite a little difference between these two). I do not know the actual formulation of this and to be honest, I am not much interested in it, as I guess how it could smell – not saying it's worse as I don't know it. However, the EDC is simply stunning: unmistakable opening, elegant, fresh, zesty, full of earthy-rooty richness and tasty woods. A milestone for perfumery in general, for masculine "class", for vetiver scents. A totally refined, noble, elegant, cozy freshness rich in citrus, lavender, aldehydes, with an irresistible heart of great, aromatic tobacco, vetiver and cedar. As minutes pass it progressively gets more dry and a darker woody-leather base emerges. Light spices like cumin and nutmeg "fill" the higher notes of vetiver. Refined, versatile, mellow, simple but unique, cozy, pure self-confidence in a bottle. Longevity is discreet but long-lasting. Timeless!

nero77
nero77

The "Reference" Vetiver...

Jean-Paul Guerlain's Vetiver was one of the the first fragrances composed primarily around Vetiver, and it has become a classic ever since.

For me, when I first opened this and sprayed it I was shocked. It smelled like an old man! Not just that, but an old people's retirement home! I was horrified, and for a long time I couldn't get this image out of my head!

But I gave it time (like all Guerlain's), and guess what? I love it now! I wouldn't be without it. I now think that if I only had to choose two fragrances to wear for the rest of my life, it would be this and Habit Rouge.

So, what's not to like here? You have fresh, bright Lemon and dry, spicy pepper in the opening, joined by Nutmeg, a hint of Tobacco, and raw, earthy dry Vetiver throughout. Jean-Paul Guerlain made this when he was only 20 years old (an amazing feat for a perfumer), and he based it on the smell of a gardener, working in the crisp, early morning. Whilst wearing this you really do feel active, dynamic and alive. If you close your eyes you can imagine what the air smells like at dawn in a dew-covered field in the early morning mist, the crisp, cold air mixing with the smell of earth and grass.

It's very green, very fresh, very alive. This one really lifts you up and it sets you up for the day brilliantly. Like standing in a field and taking in the cold morning air. It also reminds me of green jungles, and it's no surprise because this product was originally sold to Mexico, where they imported the Vetiver essence exclusively from Guerlain, and there was a huge demand for the smell of Vetiver in Latin America. For that reason, I also think it works (exceptionally) well in hot weather, cutting through the heat beautifully... the fresh lemon lifting up the green, earthy Vetiver and making it a very clean, almost soapy smell.

Look, I know not everyone will like this one at first, but if you like green, earthy and fresh... you'll really love this one. Just try it on a spring or summer morning just before stepping out of the house into the air. You'll see what I mean, what kind of effect it has. I love this one, love it, and love Guerlain for making this. No Vanilla, no Amber or heavy Florals. Just pure green, refreshing energy! Great stuff.

StardustHK
StardustHK

The 2012 version (vintage bottle, chromed cap) is a solid, refined scent for grown ups. Yet to my nose it doesn't smell dated at all.
It may not make sense, but for me it is a confidence-boosting scent, yet understated.
In comparison Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver got a very similar scent to my nose but appers like a weaker EdC version of the Guerlain. 1~2 sprays of Guerlain's Vetiver project 6+ hours on me. That's all I can ask for.
Very versatile 4 season, work & casual fragrance for almost all occasions, clubbing excluded. I would suggest it for age 30+.
A great composition not just for collectors.

sdcga161
sdcga161

Kopa, that is an extraordinary reaction to what I've always considered a very safe, middle-of-the-road vetiver scent. In fact, I've looked around for other vetivers, including Grey Vetiver and Haitian Vetiver, and I've never purchased any of them because I consider Guerlain's take to be almost definitive.

That's the fascinating thing about certain fragrances isn't it? I tried Guerlain's Habit Rouge and couldn't get it off my skin fast enough.

Kopacabana
Kopacabana

As a huge fan of Terre d'Hermes I spent a fair bit of time researching a classic vetiver fragrance and ended up with this.

My experience sounds a little like Roll4fun below. I'm not getting any citrus or woody notes whatsoever. Could it be a dud batch?

What I do have is a bottle of the most disgusting fragrance I have had the misfortune to own, beating even the repulsive Spicebomb.

A couple of quick sprays and I got an overbearing stench of an unwashed urinal, tinged with stale tobacco and something sickly the background. The stink grew so intense within a couple of minutes that I'm ashamed to say it made me feel physically sick to the point where, unbelievably, I had to wash it off in desperation.

I just don't get it. How can this be the classic, citrusy, earthy fragrance that so many seem to adore?

corestar
corestar

Pure Vetiver extract is dark brown liquid with enormous Fragrance with bitternotes in it. This Perfume somehow takes off the unpleasantness and gives a wonderful highlights on Vetiver. Amazing and long lasting. I have a minature. Once done I will buy a medium one

dubairob
dubairob

“One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.”
- Oscar Wilde

How To Wear a Work of Art…..

I will never forget the first time I sampled Guerlain Vetiver. It was after a long flight and I was lounging around the duty free of Schipol Airport, idly sampling the blandly generic contemporary offerings which just seemed to suggest that the future route for men’s fragrance was a cul-de-sac of reiterated but slightly-tweeked standard formulas.

And then out of the side of my eye I spotted the discrete but immediately classical looking bottle and box of Guerlain Vetiver. Now I had recently come across mention of this fragrance in an article where it was highly acclaimed as one of the better fragrances from times past, one with supposed timeless appeal. Having a little time (and a small amount of skin remaining free for testing), I proceeded to spray and sniff. Immediately the associations that came to my mind were those of dental clinics, strong tobacco in humid evening air and some mysterious time of a green and distant past in my memory. Alongside this, the smokey-plastic vibe which is characteristic of Vetiver’s opening seemed too strong to bear comfortably. I made my excuses to myself and scrubbed.

And then on the evening flight something extraordinary happened. I started to be reminded of past Spring evenings even as a child, times of cut lawn grass in the evening, threatening thunderstorms and old relatives with their tobacco and clove sweets smells….Needless to say, I was amazed.

It was another couple of months before I got a chance to try Guerlain Vetiver again in an altogether more relaxed environment. This time, waiting for the drydown, the full effect of what I can only call an ‘elegant grassiness’ was allowed to unfold. Yes, some of the more immediate associations that I had before were still there, but with Vetiver I learned the point is to be patient and allow the top to work itself off for a bit before judgment. (Guerlain Vetiver assumes a prospective buyer is going to take the time – it could never be launched in a world of the fifteen second attention span.)

In short, Guerlain Vetiver is a highly recommended try for anyone looking for a classic Springtime fragrance. While not at all dated or dandified, it is redolent of a mannered and sophisticated charm. It also has a definite artistry about it, and may well be a precursor to some later more individualistic fragrances of even recent years. Guerlain Vetiver carries a lot of fragrance history in its bewitching green fluid.

maknine ezzine
maknine ezzine

have just added pepper and tobacco to the bottom is my CONJUNCTION vintage version but more beautiful

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

NEVER FORGET HOW GOOD THIS STUFF IS.The mothership of vetiver's. A clean, mature scent (with staying power) for grown-ups. Great everyday, any occasion or any season scent that's very affordable. Pound for pound, dollar for dollar this is tough to beat.Proof that you don't have to spend a fortune to smell great!

gmstrack
gmstrack

Vetiver by Guerlain is one of my personal favorites from the historic perfume house. Maybe this is because I’m enamored with the vetiver note and all of its green, smoky depth. This classic combines vetiver with tobacco and a huge dose of nutmeg which results in a “barber shop” feel. “Vetiver” is a must try for vetiver lovers and fans of classics.

Highly recommended, especially for women. 4.5/5

ed

I've made my mind up. It's the tobacco note - too prominent for my taste. For my, it spoils the fragrance.

Go4broke
Go4broke

roll4fun, I have the same bottle as you. I believe this is the original formulation in the "Heritage" like bottle. I'm pretty sure the reformulation is in the ribbed bottle. Whichever version we have, it is magnificent. It took me a little while to appreciate vetivers to the full but once you're there it is blissfull. There are many of them, one of my favourites being Tom fords grey vetiver but Guerlains is legendary and absolute quality.

budge
budge

I love this fragrance,unfortunatly it does not project or last very long on me,even though I virtually bathed in it.real shame

roll4fun
roll4fun

***Disclaimer** I'm not 100% sure that I'm putting review in the right place as I'm not positive which version of Guerlain Vetiver I bought. Bottle (1.7 oz) resembled bottle in this profile, except mine had silver cap, and came in medium/light green box. I bought this to round out my rotation a bit.

I guess a strong vetiver frag is an acquired taste- I'm not there, yet. For now, this is an occasional reach for certain occasions. Those where you want to project a neutered- friendly, "I'm here for business, don't fool with me" kind of occasion. Like maybe negotiating price on a car purchase.

As for the scent: I'm not really getting the lemon scent like some reviewers, I get a definite vetiver/tobacco woody/smoky from start to finish. Initially has an acrid smoky quality (could that be the lemon blending in with other notes) that settles to a more aromatic/smoky scent within 10 minutes. Initial projection is moderately strong, I can still smell on skin after 5 hours. One downside I noted after ~ 4 hours is I started getting an intermittent stale burnt hay kind of scent.

For now, I'll wear it for my next car dealer visit, or when I get a little bored with my other frags. Anyone who can enlighten me for determining which version I bought (original 1959 composition, or reformulated) please feel free to post in my thread on this subject.

ed

Not entirely made my mind up about this one yet. Not sure I like it. The opening is a sort of soapy and slightly dirty lemon, something slightly offensive. The drydown is more woody and masculine with a note of tobacco, nicer than the opening.

jht4060
jht4060

Guerlain Vetiver remains after all these years a unique and outstanding vetiver scent. Together with Encre Noir, it is also relatively inexpensive - if you are on a tight budget get these two and you will have covered a lot of the ground in vetivers.

The top has some mixed citrus and lots of neroli (like a light bitter floral orange peel) with plenty of vetiver apparent from the start. The middle has some tobacco and perhaps clary sage, and the base is dominated by a clean grassy vetiver. Most vetiver perfumes trend toward the dark rooty smoky side, but Guerlain's is lighter and grassier, almost sweet. I love vetivers and have sampled a lot of them and this one is unique. Even if you don't normally like vetivers you might like this one.

I have the EDT bottle pictured here (square incut center) and I don't know if it differs from the older bottle (ribbed), which Fragrantica lists separately and with a much more extensive list of notes (probably more accurate). By the way, Guerlain Vetiver Extreme is quite different and equally impressive - the citrus top is largely gone and replaced by tarragon (herbal anise-like), there is a nutmeg note in the middle, and the vetiver tone is more typically rooty. If GV is the urbane man, then GVE is the mysterious man.

Redbeard
Redbeard

A few days ago I tried the pre-2000 version on one arm and the post-2000 on the other. The old version smelled sweeter and more richly expressive in the top, but then got very weak, leaving only a little smoky green behind. (The funny thing is, I don't remember it being so weak on the previous times I've worn it.) The new version was sharper and stronger for the whole duratino, with more sour citrus in the top, and a reedy smell which I was able to pick up all throughout the development. I've found this reediness in the bases of a few other summery frags and I quite like it; it makes me think of bamboo. It appeals to me more than the tobacco in the base of the old version. Overall, they're noticeably different scents, but I like them both. They both convey the same classical candid and clean virility even though they go about it differently. If the old one continues to be weak in the middle and base for me, however, then even its richer top will not win it my favor over the new one. Still, it could just be that my bottle of the old version has lost some of its kick over the years.

Housebliss
Housebliss

Very rarely do you find a fragrance that makes 90 % of your collection seem redundant.

I can't believe I haven't tried this before. It's truly something special. I feel good wearing this, really good.

I won't even bother looking for vintage formulations, because this is perfectly beautiful just the way it is.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Guerlain's Vetiver opens with the same musty stuffy lemon a lot of Guerlains tend to have. I'm not particularly fond of this note, but I now know I just have to wait for the magic to happen.
A soapy vetiver unfolds, pushing the lemon away, supported by a distinguished (I really have no other word to describe it) tobacco accord. The nutmeg shines quite strongly here to, creating a dry spicy vibe.
To me, this is a gentlemen's fragrance. Distinguished, elegant, straightforward. Composed of few notes, but every single ingredient is worked to perfection.
This perfume asks for a man in a suit, complete with hat, trenchcoat, pipe and a book or newspaper.
Now excuse me while I continue to dream...

ranchorita
ranchorita

Years ago, I fell in love with this accord when I purchased a vetiver room spray from The Thymes. Since then, I've searched for a true vetiver note in a fragrance, and this is it! Vetiver Guerlain must be glorious on a man, but I'm loving it on myself and I'd encourage women who love vetiver to explore this one. This is a very green fragrance accompanied by the stark snapping of a dry twig. Glorious. One of my all-time favorites. Longevity is good, the sillage is not overpowering, and the scent has remained steady throughout. I'm wearing this for the first time today and I look forward to having a full bottle of this one.

AbBlue
AbBlue

Ever wanted to have a summer flanker for Encre Noir? Well, this one not only answer the question, but changes everything. It has a lot of things I love from EN and much more, all in the same bottle (mine is 200 ml, I was enchanted). It goes well everywhere, anytime. EN can wait for those special moments and I miss it a little less. Do not worry too much about old and new version.
***
¿Alguna vez quisiste tener una versión de verano de Encre Noir? Bueno, pues este no sólo responde la pregunta, sino que cambia el escenario. Tiene muchas de las cosas que amo de EN y mucho más, todo en la misma botella (la mía es de 200 ml, estaba encantado). Va bien siempre, a todas partes. EN puede esperar a esos momentos especiales y la extraño un poco menos. No le presten mucha atención al asunto de la vieja o nueva versión.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This men's cologne is completely an APHRODISIAC!!! Seriously, one of the hottest fragrances that I have EVER smelled on a man!

An ex-boyfriend wore this, it was his signature scent... and was totally mesmerizing with his chemistry. We met in La Jolla and this guy had impeccable taste in clothing, interior design, car aesthetics, and of course -- women (he was dating me, right! LOL!) -- so these qualities I may attribute to this cologne just simply based on the fact that this guy had fabulous taste.

I had never smelled a vetiver men's cologne like this before, so it was my first introduction to the note of vetiver... and I'm completely hooked after smelling this particular fragrance.

Creed's Vetiver is much lighter, and I have actually worn that as a unisex fragrance, but my first vetiver love-- is Guerlain's brew. This is HOT!!!

Kouros and Drakkar are two of my other favorite men's fragrances. They are all really good, but Guerlain's Vetiver really is my ultimate FAVORITE!

This is a very masculine fragrance, not unisex. I love and adore this on the right man, with the right chemistry. If this is not a perfect blend with the chemistry, it could go on too strong and may turn possibly nauseatingly syrup-y... so try it and see how this blends with your chemistry.

For some reason, this is really a particular fragrance that I find to be sexy and has a very raw masculine quality that is very HOT on the right guy!

Love this one! TRULY a MASTERPIECE!!!

--------------

A guy friend of mine tried this fragrance to see how it wears on him, it turned into a really green funky smell and within an hour - it was going very green... almost a manure type smell. Chemistry is really tricky and really determines what people can wear - and what they truly can't. You never know till you actually try this on your skin and see how it blends with your own chemistry.

This is really GREEN... for those of you that wear Green fragrances well, you will probably LOVE this! Otherwise, it won't be your thing!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I wore this all day. I had never smelled vetiver before, let alone lived with it on myself, but I like this. A woody, somewhat pungent scent - but appealing.

Sadly, my wife is neutral about it.

Vetiver reminded me of Edward I's Palace in the Tower of London - this is a good thing. I picked up some unique wood smell there I really found distinctive. It smelled like *history* to me and conjured up all kinds of interesting mental associations and fancies.

Anyway, I like Guerlain Vetiver. Quite nice.

----

Second wearing: I am REALLY impressed with this. Someday I shall own a bottle.

Update: Just bought a bottle. It's wonderful! A spirit lifter. I shall wear this for the rest of my life, I think. The more I wear it, the more I'm convinced that this could be the ONE scent. Gorgeous!

Bobharly
Bobharly

The best vetiver reference fragrance ever made. But the vintage version which is Hardy to get is amazing.

alepoz84
alepoz84

Un Buon Profumo

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

Nothing comes close.......brilliant!

markushhamann
markushhamann

Excellent. I wish I still had this EDT. Very unique; I haven't had an EDT since this that is similar. Not an "everyday" cologne; but wonderful nonetheless. I would wear this depending on mood and situation. If you have the chance to purchase this, I certainly would.

Vetiver EDC

Quite rare. This was a lighter version of the original Vetiver emphasized on the citruses. Still plenty of oakmoss and with a strong "Eau De Guerlain" type of vibe. Perfect for anyone who enjoys heavy applications.

Vetiver EDT (Vintage Formulation)

Not much to say about Guerlain's Vetiver as it's possibly the most popular and seminal vetiver based fragrance ever created. The vintage formula was loaded with oakmoss and tobacco that together with the main element created a deep and incredibly satisfying blend. Fresh yet somewhat dirty with the typical, slightly rough, barbershop vibe of certain fragrances of the same period. Always stated as the reference vetiver. Mandatory!

Vetiver EDT (Current Formulation)

Re-launched in 2000. A "no spurprise" linear composition that's at the same time classy, versatile, outstandingly wearable, contemporary, honest and solidly crafted. A great all-rounder. The current formulation is kinda polished and toned down on both the oakmoss and the tobacco with an overall effect that's at the same time fresher but less distinctive than the vintage. Said that, this is still pretty darn good. Not exactly long lasting, though.

ericrico
ericrico

*Note: The review is for Original Vintage Guerlain Vetiver Eau De Cologne

I have several contributions to make here to the "Guerlain Vetiver review page" - an homage of sorts. To preface, I must first say that I am a huge fan of vetiver and my collection of vetivers is broad and deep (I have far more bottles than what is in my wardrobe). Second, I believe Guerlain's Vetiver to be the basis point from which all vetiver fragrances should be considered. It is a classic, a true masterpiece in fragrance. I will begin in chronological order. I just purchased a large, Original Vintage 6oz Flacon of Guerlain's Vetiver Eau De Cologne (that came in the black & white zig-zag/zebra box). Stunning. Amazing and mesmerizing juice. This is over 40+ years old and was kept perfectly - I bought it from an online dealer with a great reputation. The EDC is the essence of vetiver - clean, crisp, invigorating and deep without the tobacco from the EDT. It is Vetiver in its truest form...only a bit of citrus seems to be there, but most of that is gone. There is absolutely nothing synthetic at all - this is apothecary and perfumery in harmony. As old as it is, in no way does it feel musty or dated. This is actually fresher smelling than bottles over 30 years younger than it! It is almost like wearing the oil of fresh vetiver root that has been diluted enough to not be harsh in any way. It does go on sharp (a bit pungent, but rich and awe-inspiring), but it dries down to its fantastic and true form quickly (10-15 minutes or so) as the composition, to me, evokes the images of squeezing the essential oil of fresh vetiver root and then blending it with fresh spring water flowing in a beautiful green field...it is almost ethereal. There is nothing more pure than Guerlain's EDC from Vintage stock that has been kept perfect and cared for. My bottle was still sealed. It does not last as long as I would like in cold weather (50 degrees today and overcast), but it is so fresh I couldn't help but wear it - and reapply it. This will be a show-stopper in the spring, summer and warmer fall days. Overall - 10/10 for a pure, linear scent! And, one that has established an entire world of fragrances from its creation. A timeless bottle to enjoy for years to come...magnificent!!!!

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

Not bad. Kinda green smelling. Not for me though

Grottola

Just thought I'd mention that this version does open up with lemon just like the current one, only it's not as bright and zingy - more dry and dusty.

Grottola

The current Guerlain Vetiver is a great vetiver and a reference scent for beginners...

...But the original, pre-2000 formulation is, in my opinion, the best vetiver ever made.

The current version (green ribbed bottle) is more lemony/zingy, a little soapier, and some more nutmeg, and overall more accessible with a bit more spring in its step.

The ORIGINAL, (excuse me while I bow down) is dark, dry, austere, smoky and everything I could ever want in a vetiver scent. It's creamy and rich like a vetiver should be, but also highlights the smoky, medicinal facets of vetiver. The tobacco is more noticeable in the original and the fragrance is overall more dark and mysterious. It's beautiful, wonderful, mystical, magical, and guarantees hours of enjoyment each time I apply it. I dunno why, but I like Vetiver more in the classic "Habit Rouge" bottle.

The Guerlain Vetiver of the past 10 years is definitely a must-try for anyone into fragrances, but at the end of the day, the original is the one I'd really wear.

oxm
oxm

Vetiver by Guerlain is a refined cologne, woody and earthy, evocative and inspiring, I think in the cafes of Paris in the film in theaters and in many points of meeting this wonderful numbing the senses of many a persone.Forse 'a little heavy and hot water but terribly daring for those times when to greet a lady's hat fell even as she dropped her handkerchief and finally ended up having breakfast on the grass ...
sublime

krmarich
krmarich

From 1959, Guerlain lanches the first fragrance exclusively marketed for men. It does what Guerlain does best-vetiver. Its clean, linear and became the standard for all mens fragrances to follow from all fashion houses.

One drop last for hours. It doesnt develop, but thats fine with me. I love it as a body wash. Its refreshing and energizing first thing in the morning. As a wearable fragrance, its great outdoors. The Guerlain magic comes through. Get an original formula pre 2000. I wished they would bring back the body wash!

celadon9
celadon9

This is the first fragrance I choose and purchased for myself. It was 1976 & I was 14 years old. The newer versions of this are pathetic bastards of this masterpiece that do not deserve to bear the name. I curse those who "run" Guerlain now for putting out such drek.
The closest I've come to the original (was) the new issue of the Roger & Gallet Vetiver. It smelled like summer, like beach (not like suntan oil!) it's dry, almost straw-like; as Noa spoke of above.
I was priveliged to meet a woman who had imported bundles of Khus from Brazil at about the same time I began wearing this fragrance, except that she called it "pathchouli" as that was what they called it down there.
As I rolled backwards, realing from the psychedelic experience of being ina room filled with these bundles, I told her what she really had...Vetiver.

guest_Noa
guest_Noa

Many years ago, when I was a young boy in Rajasthan, India I remember using what we called "Tattis" on our bedroom door and windows. These "tattis" were made to fit various apertures and were formed from grassy plants called "Khus" The oil extracted from these grasses was eventually used by French perfumeries in the production of "Vetiver", a wonderful perfume even for men. I wear it to this day, 80 years later !
Noa

cbstarker
cbstarker

After wearing dozens of vetiver fragrances and vetiver variations, I finally sourced one of the classic models of vetiver and completely surprised myself by how good a well-balanced and simple lineup can be. My initial reaction was disappointment - not because it smelled bad, but because it wasn't at all what I was expecting. It opens with a citrus blast rather typical for the classic vetivers but a little camphoraceous and a little dirty, like a smudge on a crisp white collar. The stark citrus notes lasted longer than I expected until the vetiver snuck up on me like a cat on velvet paws. Suddenly, I was surrounded in an aura of vetiver, a halo of amazing grassy earthiness with an almost buttery/creaminess. Offset by a touch of what I've come to realize is tobacco flower, this combination of vetiver, tobacco and spices made this one spicy, earthy mix that made me pine for a gin & tonic. Yet, the entire semblance was both respectfully rugged and sophisticated. I've read that many can't get used to this classic but any fan of the genre should experience this at least once.

alessbl
alessbl

For me this is the best fragrance for man. I agree with trueperfumelove that this smells very complex and sophisticated allthough very natural (in opposite to sinthetic).

Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Very fresh and energetic. Great scent on a man who moves/exercises a lot.

Vetiver by Guerlain 4.47 out of 5 based on 304 ratings and 41 user reviews

Guerlain 'Vetiver' Eau de Toilette 3.4 oz
Guerlain 'Vetiver' Eau de Toilette 3.4 oz
Guerlain Vetiver Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.8oz
Guerlain Vetiver Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.8oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Vetiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Vetiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vetiver by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vetiver by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.