Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Vetiver Extreme Guerlain for men

Vetiver Extreme Guerlain for men
dislike

Vetiver Extreme Guerlain for men Pictures Vetiver Extreme Guerlain for men Pictures

New and more intensive Vetiver was introduced almost half a century after the classic Vetiver, which has remained one of the most popular men's fragrances until today. The new Vetiver has got more modern tone due to intensified presence of spices. The green grassy notes are not so strong like in the classic Vetiver. In the top notes the citrus harmony of bergamot and lemon is followed by tarragon and Licorice note. The hot spicy notes of the heart include pepper and nutmeg, what accentuates the extreme adventurous side of the fragrance. Frankincense adds dramatic smoky note to the heart. The base is more oriental and intensive then the classic version, and beside vetiver root it includes cedar wood and balsamic Tonka bean note.

Vetiver Extreme was launched in 2007.

Artemisia Tarragon Bergamot Licorice Lemon

Intense Vetyver

Vetiver Extreme Fragrance Reviews

Frayja
Frayja

Amazing perfume,I prefer the old bottle design.

KJS88
KJS88

This is simulataneously cooler, darker, damper, and more mineral than the original.

Take out the dried hay, chilli pepper, from the original, replace the nutmeg with tarragon, and up the ante on the vetiver oil and voila, you have vetiver extreme.

Not that they smell alike, there is something about the texture in this rendition of Vetiver that reminds me vaguely of Terre d'Hermes; I was never a fan of the latter, but that doesn't bother me, Vetiver Extreme is a great fragrance on its own merit and has nothing of the rocky, mineralic, dried-sweat bite of Td'H.

I have a soft spot the for the original, and wouldn't change it for the world even if it does occasionally annoy me. As such, I don't see this is a superior version of original, but rather, a more refined and up to date rendtion.

Good stuff, and worth owning both if you love vetiver and in particular, Guerlain's renditions of the note.

picasso_x
picasso_x

I had version 2000 and now I have Extreme version. They are same line but different character. Guelain perfume has character and style. Extreme is least fresh more incense more earthy more dark than Original and 2000 version. Extreme is Sophistication Elegance charismatic and polite. It's good for business meeting or special occasion. Very good long last and good sillage. Try it may be you will love it same me.

orestes
orestes

First of all,this fragrance never discontinued since 2007! Change bottle as the original version.Still remains and sold in Guerlain official website.In my opinion this vetiver scent are better than the original,much better! I love this scent! I wish never discontinued!

pontifex maximus
pontifex maximus

the best (vetiver) fragrance of my collection...stunning.

...and now sadly enough...discontinued :(

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I used to own the original Guerlain Vetiver and forgot how wonderful it smelled. I now got the "extreme" verison and I like it even better. I love colognes with vetiver and this one is my No. 1. To me vetiver smells fresh and clean, especially in the South Florida climate.
Guerlain Vetiver opens with a blast of vetiver and that delights the senses. A true classic cologne for men.

Tremere
Tremere

Very, very green. This has the heady depth demanded by Guerlainistas albeit with no trace of the Guerlainade. At a single spray, and no more, this is more office ready than my beloved powerhouse Habit Rouge Parfum (at which point I should confess I bought Vetiver Extreme largely so the bottles could bookend one another).

At twenty minutes in, I am still not detecting the promised frankincense but a dry pepper and a yet more dry vetiver wrapped in an unlisted aldehyde accord. To me, the latter is so pronounced the fragrance reads Vetiver by Chanel.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Vetiver Extreme has the dna of the traditional.
Opens with a green chord by artemisia, tarragon and lemon, and reconciled a touch of licorice liqueur.
This mix makes it kind of an absinthe, sugar and slightly bittersweet, along comes a touch spicy and smoky incense for the remarkable, intrigue majestically.
The background with earthy vetiver complete this beautiful version, which sounds more modern and more intriguing than the original.

NickE ReauX
NickE ReauX

Just a fast note of melancholy.. I was very excited when I ordered the V Extreme because the Original GV is absolutely near and dear not only to my nose but my soul.. the first time I wore it I wasn't quite sure how I felt.. I thought perhaps I had to get used to it..welp..I've worn it a few times now and,honestly, I'm not getting an Extreme Experience .. it actually seems weaker than the OGV and doesn't last nearly as long for me.. I think in the future my Guerlain dollars will be spent on Just Plain Vetiver and the host of other Guerlain frags I'm mooning over( Coriolan,Homme,Tonka Imperiale,L'Instant Homme,Heritage,Habit de Metal,Arsene Lupin Dandy,Chamade Pour Homme etc.)..yes I know some or perhaps most of those will be crushingly unavailable but I live in hope..and even though the V Extreme has been a let-down, Guerlain will always have my love and respect... so G .. show me your jalwah !

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I saw on Youtube K. saying that Guerlain Vetiver was for a 70, 80, 90 yo, and remembered that the experts say that there are only two kinds of fragrances: the good scents and the bad ones. If we shouldn't say that a scent is for women or men, how can one say it is for the very oldies?Is it not fashionable? What is fashion anyway? You are what you smell, smell well? I agree that there are scents with a juvenal, youth aura that suits, of course, young people. Also I agree that thare are time and place for everything under the Sun. But I cannot agree that a scent is good but only if you are over the rainbow and beoynd together with the mothballs. Guerlain Vetiver Extreme is my frst vetiver, although vetiver is in almost everything under that same Sun. And for me it smells great, really wonderful. Walking to work I got winfss of it and I couldn't belelive it was me, my vetiver giving me that very satisfying smell that just makes one feel good with himself and the world, it was almost like the first ... , for me and I am 50+. I suppose K. could say that it is because I am almost getting there. A young profesional man can pull GVE off? Of couse he can, if he wants to be taken seriously. But that is only one of his choices and there are plenty of them. I think I don't need to say anything about notes for other serious reviewers like Ericrico have done better than I ever could. Just a final thought I wear a scent for myselfself firstly and try not to offend the ones aroud me.

As Lanier says, five golden stars, with honor.

Pascal
Pascal

In comparison to the delicious and timeless original, this version lacks vetiver as well as tobacco and smells synthetic to me.
It has little to do with vetiver essential oil, which I own.

bcoops
bcoops

i have bee n checking out vetivers, right now Frederic malle vetiver extrodinaire is my fav followed by tom ford grey vetiver then tonka vetiver

this one is much harsher then the above mentioned....I do not like it all

RAG1987
RAG1987

I bought this fragrance to add to my collection and it was a blind buy. I was immediately interested when I read the reviews on here and on basenotes. I was a tad bit nervous when I read on one of the youtube links that some people thought this was "old mannish" That it is not, I am 25 and I really enjoy this fragrance. I don't normally go for the fresh type scents but this isn't like one of thos citric bombs that smells like someone has chucked a few lemons and a load of turf into a blender. This has a really nice sweetish fresh yet smokey but clean smell. I applied at around noon and I could still smell it fairly strongly on myself by around 10pm and others around me could also smell it from a short distance. Now at 2.12am I can still smell it, but only faintly. When I rub my finger on my neck and take a sniff I can still smell it. I have the exact same bottle as pictured above (that in itself is a nice thing) I am not sure if it has since been reformulated as I noticed there is a plain looking bottle for this and the original GV. I give this scent a 10/10

jgirgar
jgirgar

We definitely need to get this beauty in the front of the line! I have/use the classic GV and love it emmensely since 2007. But switch gears for a second. Imagine driving your car at 65 mph on 3rd gear (a fairly high rev) and that's GV. Now put it in 4th or 5th and the rpms drop and you hear the engine drop to a lower grumble, that's GVE which I've been wearing since this past summer. It is definitely woodier, dryer, but nonetheless fresh and masculine and clearly the vetiver we love about GV but is actually heavier and longer lasting. I'm reviewing the formulas from the recent past ribbon bottles and have not had the chance yet to try the fluid from the newly released tall, plain bottles so I cannot say if the formula has really changed or not though I've heard it has, and for the better. GVE is classy and works well day or night and what further appeals to me about this wonderful fragrance is that it is quite linear. The initial spray is fantastic as most are when first applied, but the dry down is wonderful and long lasting. I think GVE should be in the finest collections in the man's wardrobe. JG 022012.

ericrico
ericrico

Good comments here from several people - I happen to love this bottle of fragrance! I am a vetiver lover and this fragrance is Guerlain's glorious, deep green (and slightly rooty) vetiver "backbone" plus the artistic use of great aromatic notes blended into a harmonious composition. The notes, subtleties, nuances and accords are all there, but vetiver is constant. I love the tarragon, incense and cedar that warms the drydown versus the tobacco accord of the regular bottling. Only because this is a Guerlain, could this be seen as an "extreme" bottling, but in reality, it is an extremely well-crafted fragrance that puts vetiver on a pedestal and surrounds it with great notes that vetiver compliments and vice versa. Guerlain's flankers from the 2000 formulation came later. I have all of them and respect each for what they offer. However, there is a reason why the Extreme bottle stayed and both Sport and Eau Glacee (Frozen) are now discontinued (sales!). This fantastic composition really "adds more" versus "taking out" notes and ingredients from the flagship. You can read my reviews on both Vetiver Sport and Eau Glacee/Frozen, but this is the shining star of the flankers and an outstanding bottle of fragrance that is incredibly well-made. Very thoughtful and rather daring by the house of Guerlain, who still creates THE benchmark of the majestic root.

If you want to read a critic's book and fall in line, that is your decision. But, I am blessed to have my own nose, olfactory senses and opinion - and mine is pure admiration and enjoyment of Vetiver Extreme!

Rating 9+/10! Kudos to the Guerlain house - this is wonderful! Highly recommended.

flaneur
flaneur

My signiture scent is the orginal Vetiver, so I thought I'd give this a try - and it hasn't disappointed. It's very similar - just a bit smokier and woodier - except it lasts awfully longer than the orginal, which is great. It's a heavier scent, not as 'chic' as the orginal I'd say. I still love it though, i like to wear it during colder weather. Not a summer scent for me.

Robertland
Robertland

Three vetiver frangrances for men are at the top of the vetiver ( or vetyver in some cases) line.
-Carven vetiver old original version
-Lanvin vetyver old original version
-Guerlain vetiver

Guerlain Vetiver has not changed over the years IMO in fact they have come out with a sport and a frozen version and for the lovers of the intense siliage they now have the Extreme version. I can´t have enough of it.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Who said this perfum have frankinsence?!?

Vetiver Extreme don't have any incense in it....

And...who is Luca Turin?

3.5/5

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

I think that Vetiver Extreme is absolute a must have - for all ages. I don't agree with Luca Turin's opinion at all. If there is one House that is good in using vetiver, it is Guerlain!

hay81hay
hay81hay

this is what i call strong stuff, its lasting for long long time.
at first sniff i smell something like Soap , but disappear after while, then i got Cedar Vetiver Incense as i guess.
anyway i like it so much but i think not everybody will like it for sure . its more fitting for men over 30y.

this cologne is good example for Woody Spicy in my opinion.

guest_lorena
guest_lorena

my husband and I love perfumes, we have lots of them, and he has just bought the new vetiver extreme, I think it´s a classic! He has never used a guerlain perfume before, but this one is great

Vetiver Extreme by Guerlain 4.24 out of 5 based on 157 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Vetiver Extreme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Vetiver Extreme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vetiver Extreme by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vetiver Extreme by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.