Designers » F-H » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Vetiver Pour Elle Guerlain for women

Vetiver Pour Elle Guerlain for women
dislike

Vetiver Pour Elle by Guerlain is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for women. Vetiver Pour Elle was launched in 1959. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain. Top notes are orange blossom and bergamot; middle notes are honeysuckle, nutmeg and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are tonka bean and vetiver.

Orange Blossom Bergamot

Honeysuckle Nutmeg Lily-of-the-Valley

Tonka Bean Vetiver

Vetiver Pour Elle Fragrance Reviews

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

Just got a bottle of the original from before it was reissued in the "Parisienne" bee bottle...and originally there was indeed jasmine rather than orange blossom, just as Luca Turin described. Absolutely spectacular either way.

MrCoolink
MrCoolink

Anything similar to this?

Zzzut
Zzzut

In my opinion, this is the very best vetiver-based fragrance ever made for either sex. However, it is outrageously expensive. Where I live, it is 300$ for a 75ml bottle. No fragrance is that good, really.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Hands down the best Vetiver perfume for women I have ever smelled. This is positively gorgeous!!! Beautiful, light, fresh and clean. Lovely!!! The vetiver is apparent right away along with the bergamot & orange blossom and it just continues to morph beautifully. Unfortunately silage and longevity are weak for the price tag but the scent itself is beautiful. For the days when projection is not a concern and you are wearing a scent just for you and someone snuggling close, this is a definite winner!!! Guerlain will always continue to amaze!!!

btw...This would smell gorgeous on a man as well!!!

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Effortlessly beautiful. There's not a lot of discussion to be done really, theres not a lot going on, nor does there need to be. Clean, earthy vetiver, less peppery than VPH, the orange blossom & neroli are played up more here, sweeter, the slight vanilla/tonka giving it a warmer heart & base. Vetiver Pour Elle is like a graceful Lady. No frills needed, the presence here is simply elegant, like perfect beige, & timeless crisp white cotton. The opening is a bit soapy, in that perfectly sun-drenched sheets kind of way, it gives an impression of fresh air, with a lovely absence of heavy laundry soap or powder. A simple pleasure that for me, invoked a moment of eyes-closed childlike bliss. As for a moment, I could picture myself back in that simpler time, where summers seemed eternal. Simply as lovely as sunlight warming white linen. No more, no less.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

Guerlain - Vetiver Pour Elle:

Once i put on my skin, citrusy touches of lemon and neroli start this scent.

From the begining, Vetiver note appears, being smooth and mild, but always making presence during all long way till the end - main note.

The floral touches balance and "hide" the earthy and woody nuances of the vetiver note, making it a luxurious interpretation of vetiver.

During the evolution on skin, soapy notes appear and then, after some time, tonka comes to make up the drydown - the end.

I can get some similarities between Vetiver pour Elle ad Guerlain Vetiver, which is more masculine for the tobacco and leather notes present. Vetiver Pour Elle is softer, cleaner and easier to wear!

As the name says itself, Vetiver pour Elle is an interpretation for those women who feel afraid of wearing this note - for its earthy accord, which appears too masculine for some people. In this case, Vetiver pour Elle makes a fantastic and harmonious control of this note, such as taming it with floral accords and also bringing some balanced relation between the other notes during all way on our skins.

This scent is simple, soft, but also chic and well made.

lalig
lalig

I prefer the masculine version it is more refreshing and lemony, this one is too medicinal and gloomy on me.

sharon.ramsey.900

I have tried the edt which smells lovely but does not last beyond 30 mins and has no silliage. lovely smell but overpriced and not good value for money.

Mimmi
Mimmi

I'm in denial that this should be discontinued.
It just doesn't make sense.
It's the most beautiful, timeless, magical vetiver for women.
Vetiver, fresh bergamot, airy white sweet florals and then some silky warmth from tonka and a the peppery nutmeg. That pich of nutmeg is a stoke of genius for this well-balanced composition. Incredible wearable, a sensitive but not weak alluring scent.
Perfect. And that is about as clever as I can get about my most beloved scents...

somevelvetmorning
somevelvetmorning

Purchased a sample of Vetiver Pour Elle. First, it smells sharp and faintly powdery. It's slightly spicy, like fresh-ground nutmeg.

The drydown leads to the nutmeg warming a bit (like a toasty wintery drink), and the floral notes warm and start to come through.

It smells rich, complex and buttery. A lovely everyday scent. It's not as vetiver-forward as I expected, and the sillage isn't as strong as I'd like. For the money, I think I may have to keep looking.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

Tried it few days ago and loved it a lot; however, bought Liu and Derby instead then and planned to buy Vetiver Pour Elle in a later day. Just realized it discontinued in 2012 yesterday and called up my favorite Guerlain counter to reserve my bottle. I'm blessed to be able to get their last bottle; otherwise, I think I will regret for not buying it sooner for the rest of my life.

Endymion
Endymion

@Matt Oldham
Companies don't search the internet what people discuss about their fragrances, they analyze selling numbers.
If a fragrance doesn't sell, it doesn't matter what people discuss about it on the net, they won't bring it back.
People who care about fragrances may adore a perfume, but it doesn't mean it sells well.
Vetiver pour elle may have not sold well, that's why it's not distributed any more (or it was a limited release).

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

is there anything somewhat cheaper that smells similar to this?

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

This is definitely very closely related to the original vetiver. I feel blasphemous, but I may prefer this one to the original! It is more crisp and lovely, and the muguet note feels like it should have always been there.

This is the holy grail for women's vetiver fragrance. It doesn't get better than this.

smk_2008
smk_2008

We have vetiver in our garden and we daily drink vetiver water by just putting the roots in the water. It's heaven. This one is great for summer.

youriko

Thank you Matt Oldham four the update. I love vetiver in perfume and I tend to be attracted to perfume that incorporate that ingredient. There for to me Vetiver pour Elle was the ultimate gold but if it's the same as the one for men I will just steel my husband vetiver pour Homme lol. Like he will let me lol. But I will not say no to a more affordable version at the moment.

youriko

Ho no my dream of possessing a bottle of this fragrance is getting dimer and dimer how sad. Matt Oldham are you positive off your affirmation? If so... I’m one sad camper

Grottola

Out of all the fragrances currently available from Guerlain, this one is probably the best way to direct your dollar. Take the original Vetiver for Men, add some neroli up top, and a smooth, non-indolic jasmine note. This makes it sweeter and more inviting. The combination works perfectly, and from what I observed, lasts longer than the original on my skin (I get 8-10 hours out of Vetiver Pour Elle). The original does have its own charm, yes; however, for what it's worth, Vetiver Pour Elle is probably my favorite vetiver on the market today (save for Givenchy Vetyver).

Oh, and don't worry about the name - this stuff works perfectly on men and women alike. It's a classy treat worth splurging on.

VeroNiché
VeroNiché

I got my decant of VpE today, and after my first sniff where vetiver ruled I thought I would send it right away. But alas! As the tonka bean, musc, nutmeg a smooth vanilla (I am sure it is there too, Guerlain is a master of vanilla), I changed my mind. It will go to the prestigious place on my decant shelf and I will love to use it - especially in summer.
This frag is not that rounded and smooth as most of the exclusive Guerlain line, it still has a little of vetiver tiny swords in it even as it dries down, and I definitely recognize the earthy tones, but it seems that these little provocative whims add to its attractiveness and beauty.

Grottola

NICE! There really is nothing "Elle" about this - it's a great spicy vetiver, sprinkled with nutmeg and tonka. Definitely more unique and colorful than the original Vetiver (NOT KNOCKING IT). Luca Turin was right on this one, definitely try it. Especially you guys out there.

EDIT: Definitely getting some nice peppery neroli in the top. Guerlain seems to be the master of "spicy" neroli notes (check their Eaux for a better example).

Silhouette_
Silhouette_

Hands down my favourite Guerlain so far. I would make this my ultimate refreshing fragrance if it wasn't so bloody expensive. Very rarely do you encounter something that smells so refined and so well-mastered that even a mere mortal like myself, unfamiliar with the technological details and methods of perfumery, can tell.

When I think about it, this is how many (myself not included) allegedly felt about Mitsouko: It's as if you've smelled it before, as if it has always been here waiting for you.

Okay, I'll stop before I go really overboard with the emotional bullshit. Funny thing is, I don't care quite this much for the male version of Vetiver, and I'm not completely sure I should, because this is different. I'm sorry for not being very informative and helpful, but you really want to smell this one for yourself. And when you do, keep in mind that I envy you the first moment, you lucky, lucky bastards.

flhterrie
flhterrie

The love of these citrus and musk blends seems to be a trend for me. They blend well with my skin. Although vetiver is usually harsh and manly on me, the musk and citrus smooth it out in this and it becomes a lovely warm weather scent. Crisp and soft at the same time. This is one that doesn't seem to change much over the course of the wearing but I do wish the lasting power were better. It fades away much too quickly. If it were cheaper and easier to come by I would say thank goodness for purse sprays.

alessbl
alessbl

For me one of the best and most exclusives frangrances in the world!

Kterhark
Kterhark

I've noticed during my sampling that some perfumes give me that 'haven't bathed in a while' smell. I usually give these three wearings before I review them to make sure it's not because of my diet, etc. But this is a case where indeed, the scent does not mesh with my chemistry. In general vetiver may not be a note for me. Recommend not buying blind on this one.

cbstarker
cbstarker

Entirely different from the men's version yet just as delightful. Guerlain's Vetiver pour elle is an entertainment in three acts. Act 1: A clean opening of bright floral notes punctuated by a touch of citrus. These floral notes last approximately an hour on me until... Act2: Vetiver - crisp, confident, stately. It was vetiver all day long, incredible yet not overwhelming. Act 3: Tonka, a smooth, warm denoument. I can't really compare this to the men's version, really, but on certain days I am sure to prefer this version.

Vetiver Pour Elle by Guerlain 3.98 out of 5 based on 100 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Vetiver Pour Elle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Vetiver Pour Elle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vetiver Pour Elle by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vetiver Pour Elle by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.