Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Vetiver Sport Guerlain for men

Vetiver Sport Guerlain for men
dislike

Vetiver Sport Guerlain for men Pictures Vetiver Sport Guerlain for men Pictures

Vetiver Sport by Guerlain is a Woody Spicy fragrance for men. Vetiver Sport was launched in 2006. Top notes are bergamot and lemon; middle notes are nutmeg and pepper; base notes are tonka bean and vetiver.

Bergamot Lemon

Nutmeg Pepper

Tonka Bean Vetiver

Vetiver Sport Fragrance Reviews

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

Anyone curious as to where you can STILL find thus, please try fragranceX- an online retailer.... Very legit, based on my experience and those of others who have used the site.....

I bought 2 bottles a while back and I personally think it's even better than the original...... Thus is rather strange for me, because it's ALWAYS BEEN that flankers turn out to be real "scrubs", based on my experience...... I.e: Davidoff's CoolWater

Stay tuned for a review coming soon... Right off the top tho: powerful, fruity, fresh- almost like a combination of the frozen and extreme......

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

@LORENA: Very very nice assessment on the frag.... I need to go out and grab this bottle....... Having used GV for a few years, I'm looking to switch things up a bit... Thank you!!!

scenturian
scenturian

I don't know how it smells but I definetely can't tailor the word sport to a house such as Guerlain.

ericrico
ericrico

A shame it was discontinued. I really like this flanker from Guerlain - it truly is so clean and brilliant!! What is there not to admire...? This is a great composition - where someone who is turned off to the tobacco in the "regular/standard" bottling could buy this and wear a great Guerlain Vetiver that is fresh, green and has great spice & a touch of warmth.

First off, the opening...wonderful, slightly sharp bergamot (excellent, and close to the bergamot note found in GVExtreme, actually) - but stands out more as there are less notes here (and no artemisia, tarragon or licorice root). Just a squeeze of lemon on the very top, but bergamot is the key citrus and actually makes this immediately smell richer and more classy. The bergamot/lemon blend in the standard GV2000 is not quite as sharp as in the GVSport bottling - instead, they focused on opening with a nice high-quality bergamot (this is important as too much lemon would make this composition seem too light and not "serious", which it is).

To me, it has the same Vetiver note (offering the sharp and very green backbone) of GV2000 - to me, it is damn near identical. Just after the citruses fade out, it warms with the nice pepper and nutmeg. The vetiver takes a nice, slightly deeper green accord that has a slightly herbal quality to it. It is not nutty or rubbery. It is a sharp and radiant green accord. Vibrant. Persistent, but not overdone.

I get a nice blend of both black & white pepper that makes it a bit cleaner, but pepper is more apparent than nutmeg to me & adds spicyness, earthiness and a sparkle to the fragrance. I get nutmeg at the end of the heart as the very light tonka bean enters. It brings spiciness and warmth to the fragance, and I think it is somewhat close to, but not quite the amount as in GV2000. After all, this is a sport scent, but with great distinction.

GVSport is obviously cleaner and more approachable than GV2000 - as a matter of fact, if this was still in production, I would point novice Vetiver buyers to this bottle before the flagship! It is a clear, articulate and very "trim & fit" offering from Guerlain in their Vetiver line. It would let people decide whether or not they like the aroma of a fresh, clean but serious vetiver prior to adding more citrus and the significant base note of tobacco (and more tonka bean). Let people understand "what" vetiver is before they add additional notes to the composition...

The only thing lacking for me is a bit of depth - but then again, it is a "Sport" bottling...and, hence, the shorter longevity. It lasts about 4-5 hours on my skin, longer on clothes. Projection is moderate - less than GV2000. It actually, in a side-by-side emphasizes just how much tobacco is in GV2000...it is signficant. As well as how strong GV2000 is - definitely a louder scent. For year-round wear, I feel I could grab either this or the GV2000 bottle...but I love tobacco and the richness, so I tend to use it much more often. However, this is definitely something that is more approachable and would allow the wearer to smell cleaner. Definitely better at the gym or in hot weather. However, the standard bottle also shows well in warm/hot weather - but one must like the tobacco note.

Again, very happy to have this great flanker in my collection. I recommend it highly, if one can find it.

GVSport is wonderful. If I find a bottle for less than the very high prices out there right now...I will definitely try to get another. My score is 8.5/10.

Cheers.

cinemoenti
cinemoenti

✮✮✮✮✩
nice, just nice, not a big difference to the original. if you have vetiver, you don't need vetiver sport and the other way around.

LORENA
LORENA

This is a new version of the original Guerlain Vetiver. This updated version is quite different from the original which smells greener and woodier than this new one. In fact, this Vetiver Sport is more similar to Vetiver Extreme than to the Original Vetiver.

the opening is fruity and fresh, strong and citrusy... but the best part of this perfume are the middle notes, which are long lasting and very powerful, super spicied. which makes this version and the Vetiver Extreme version sooo masculine.
and well.. the base notes are classic and elegant... you can also smell some pepper after some hours.

A great version... it has its own personality... a fantastic staying power, and completely masculine notes.

Vetiver Sport by Guerlain 3.96 out of 5 based on 26 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Vetiver Sport fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Vetiver Sport, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vetiver Sport by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vetiver Sport by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.