Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Guess Girl Guess for women

Guess Girl Guess for women
dislike

ozonic
Guess Girl Guess for women Pictures Guess Girl Guess for women Pictures Guess Girl Guess for women Pictures

Guess is launching a new fragrance named Guess Girl which arrives on the market in February 2013. The fragrance aims at young woman in her twenties and is inspired by 30th anniversary of Guess brand. "We wanted to create something that will preserve sexappeal and youthful spirit of the brand“- stated Steve Mormoris of Coty Beauty for WWD.

Guess Girl is a seductive, floral-fruity fragrance signed by perfumer Laurent Le Guernec of International Flavors & Fragrances. Top notes are dominated by fruity notes of nectar made of raspberry, melon and bergamot. The heart introduces floral notes of Brazilian paradise orchid combined with Provencal acacia and lilies, while the soft and creamy base is composed of Australian sandalwood and Madagascar vanilla.

Fragrance Guess Girl will be available as 30, 50 and 100ml Eau de Toilette accompanied with 2ml perfumed body care cream. Photos for advertising campaign were taken by Ellen von Unwerth in collaboration with creative director of Guess, Paul Marciano. Face of advertising campaign is Amber Heard.

Raspberry Melon Bergamot

Orchid Lily Black locust

Australian Sandalwood Madagascar Vanilla

Guess Girl Fragrance Reviews

Bublegum
Bublegum

I get why Guess promotes this as a younger girls' perfume, but I don't believe an older woman cannot wear it. But it "fits" better to a playful kind of woman-girl. In my skin, I can only smell the flowers and not the fruits (with the eception of the bergamont), and although I don't like that much flower perfumes (with some exceptions) this one is a good one. It smells something between J'adore and Escada Joyful and after 7-8 it smells as 1881 does. It shares some common notes after all. The sillage is moderate and the duration is about 8-9 hours. I find a good hit if you find it on offer. Here it costs something close to 40 euros. :S

lauraLeelum
lauraLeelum

my bf got me this about a year ago. didnt like it at first since i found it too sweet and floral. but when it dies down i find it feminine and pleasant. not for ppl who dislike strong sweet scents.

Shoshi
Shoshi

Extremely light slightly sweet inoffensive fruity floral. It was so light I could barely smell it. Pass.

I find it very simple and girly. It somehow reminds me of disney princesses.
I find it suitable for girls who wear a lot of pink and enjoy to be in the center of attention. But in a girly way, not in a grown up way.
The scent is okay, not very delicious and amazing, but just fine. Fortunately the raspberry is not very sweet.
I think it's lacking sophistication and elegance.
It's preppy and trendy, it ain't classic or luxurious.

daniellepolet
daniellepolet

I think Guess Girl is a suitable perfume for work. It smells fresh, aquatic, fruity and a little bit sweet. Great perfume for spring, but I can see me wearing this perfume all year round.

The notes are perfect together. I'm a big fan of the base notes, obviously - vanille and sandalwood combine great together. But the top and middle notes are fine too. Very fruity, soft and fresh. Definitely one of my favorites for a work day, or just on a sunny spring day.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

This would be a nice scent if it lasted longer on the skin. I see notes of melon and raspberry listed, however, I don't detect them in the fragrance. Perhaps because the floral notes, orchid and lily are more dominant in this fragrance. Maybe this scent is better suited for the summer, I'll give it a another try during the warmer months, to see if the scent lingers. It's a nice scent, but nothing really special. Just another floral fragrance. I don't think I'd plan on re-purchasing again. Luckily I only paid 40 bucks at TJMaxx.

mistykerryn
mistykerryn

This fragrance is really fresh and fruity. I definitely get the "aquatic" vibe in this, as this perfume reminds me of hot summer days by the pool. It's girly and sweet and it also makes a great "fresh out of the shower" scent. Being an Eau de Toilette, lasting power isn't that great, but that's alright because this fragrance is quite affordable. Overall, Guess Girl is a pretty, light scent that can be worn daily, especially in the warmer months.

Yay me
Yay me

Also one of my fav fruity sweet girly guess style . I can wear it each day so light and fresh

Maey
Maey

If you like fresh, fruity, candy like perfumes then this is a great deal. It's flirty smelling and really good for everyday wear. I consider this more for a sweet and sexy WOMEN than for a girl.

Good for spring/ summer and for that price I will definitely consider buying another one when my bottle is empty.

nightcat23
nightcat23

I just wanted a simple fun flirty raspberry scent so when I saw this on sale for $30 for 100ml, I couldn't pass it up! It's nothing unique but it's fun, girly and fruity and sweet. The raspberry is definitely prominent but I also get the melon and orchid. But it also definitely has a 'shampoo' vibe going on.

It's a great casual every day scent.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Pleasant perfume. I bought a gift set to give as a Xmas present, when I saw it for a good price.

My friends is a fan of these fruity florals , so I hope she is happy with it and will wear it! She seemed happy enough with it. We all had a sniff and agreed that the scent was familiar , we think it smells like Marc Jacobs "Daisy". Light , fruity , clean and uplifting smell.

In fact I really like the scent , and I am going to see if the shop has any more of these sets left so I can get one for myself. . . If so I will put it away and use it when we get some milder spring weather.

Quite a good buy if you want something thats a "designer name " but cant afford to spend too much. ( MJ Daisy is 4 times the price !!)

PS - not just girls!! My friend is in her 30s same as me and she wears a lot of these type of 'fumes , as do i in summer .

poetolatry
poetolatry

This scent is not something I would usually gravitate towards to, but it reminds me of /something/ in my childhood I can't quite put my finger on. That's why I had to actually go and buy the perfume, to wear it on those lazy summer days when I can be nostalgic.

It's a light fruity floral, so I doubt it will offend anyone's nose. If you're into those kinds of scents you might just fall in love!

ms.f
ms.f

I tried this once at the store and was very tempted to buy it, the top note is a lovely peach smell, very promising I said to my self, however it dries down to a complete different note, it becomes sweet and too familiar to my nose, like I've smelled it before but can't point out the exact perfume. It's disappointing how the peachy note fades so quickly, I'd buy it if it was peachy all the way.

lilou
lilou

Nice and pretty, light. Fruity and a bit exotic. I like it.

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

It's nice. That's pretty much all I can say about it. I could wear it, definitely. I'm almost 40 but then again, I do not believe in perfumes & age limits :>

xxjannyxx
xxjannyxx

I like this one to me it smells similar to escada sexy graffiti that i dont like because i find it to sour. This one is light but sweet fruitcandy+flowers. Im 34 and i like this so i dont think that it only fits with women in their twenties.

rohmhild
rohmhild

Quite cheap, heavy and irritating! Not for a young girl for sure...

vernassina
vernassina

The initial spray gives off a citrusy, floral smell with a touch of powder. After a period of time, the powder scent overshadows the citrusy notes. The scent is light, and fades rather quickly. Lovely fragrance, but I don't think I will purchase again in the future.

TheDizzyMermaid
TheDizzyMermaid

Alexanna 7: I am so glad I read your review! Normally, when I read some such nonsense as: "Guess is launching a new fragrance named Guess Girl which arrives on the market in February 2013. The fragrance aims at young woman in her twenties and is inspired by 30th anniversary of Guess brand. 'We wanted to create something that will preserve sexappeal...'" well, my mind turns off and I think to myself - ad exec making perfume, meh.

The fact that you mentioned the words "mature" and "maturity" and "sexy" in your review somewhat negates the idiocy of the Guess B.S. and makes me a bit more curious about the fragrance itself.

I got a sample today, and it's not at all what I expected, which was a "Pink Sugar" type clone. It's has a lot more going on, and it's a shame that Guess chose to link it with the concept of a young girl, and typically, yes, they can be sexy, but are usually not sure yet what to do with it. This scent is not so much for them. JMHO.

stellalove
stellalove

Nice sweet simple......something tells me oh lola by marc jacobs inspired this one even if it starts at the bottle

Red Rose
Red Rose

This is something Martine McCheon would wear. It's sexy & very girly & clean. I tried it in a hurry last night but I'll give this another chance as soon as I can.
note:
This fragrance reminds me of Martine cause she's such adorable singer & she's so funny & flirty & so beautiful too. I was listening to her songs when I arrived home & typed some posts at my facebook page. I think it matches her personality although I tested it in a hurry, next time I'll make sure it's the first fragrance I'm testing & I'll come back with an update.

bfrosty
bfrosty

I was flipping through a magazine and came across a sample insert of this. Opened it out of curiosity and was surprised to find myself wanting to try it on. Got a hold of a tester and was disappointed. Didn't smell half as nice as the sample. Seemed like many other scents in it's target market with nothing new to add. Not a bad frag at all but very forgettable with average life and silage. Meh. Bottle is pretty though!

vanernl03121995
vanernl03121995

I am obsessed with sweet perfumes... which is why my personal favorites are My Insolence by Guerlain and Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture. This perfumes screams CITRIC to me, I asked for this perfume because it has a full bar of sweet, quite disappointing :/ The bottle is nice and the pump is okay. If anyone would like to know what perfume this one is similar to, I must say, it reminds me of Flora by Gucci.

Perfumegoddess23
Perfumegoddess23

I just got this as a valentines day gift from my boyfriend , I think this may be a new favorite :) this smells peachy & floral like , a sweet mix of tropical orchids & fresh juicy peaches with a exotic sexy smell, way to go! I find this scent very original I can't even compare this to any other fragrance that I have tried so far , which makes this even more fabulous :) the staying power is ok , I'm not gonna lie on me it only lasts 20 min then after that the scent completely disappears ( guess you can't have it all lol) but it smells so irresistibly delicious I don't mind re touching , just to get that starburst juicy opening blast , I like it that much! The silage is great , staying power is the only con of this lovie, it could just be my body chemistry & this could totally last for another person, with that being said, I think this has potential to be a signature fragrance! Just wish it lasted on me

antonpan
antonpan

This one is modern fruity (not really sweet I must say) done in the style of Marc Jacobs Daisy, Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, Versace Yellow Diamond etc., but more girly of course. The bottle is cheaper in real life than on photo. A normal fragrance for its price.

I like this more than I thought I would. I wasn't too impressed with this from the bottle or on paper, but every scent needs to be tried on the skin. This opens sweet and mildly floral. The raspberry is the most noticeable, and there is a floral note here that smells like mimosa to me. Maybe its the combination of the melon, with the orchid and/or lily. The drydown is a mildly sweet woody vanilla, and still maintains that sweet raspberry note.

TheMirjam12
TheMirjam12

i tried it. i liked it. i think i will buy it :)

jewel.wido
jewel.wido

I just smelled a sample of this today- it's extremely fresh and yummy. If you like Escada, but are looking for a more "mature" floral fruity scent... then this is it!
The bottle is beautiful too!

Debiq
Debiq

Maybe just a little too sweet for my taste. Not much different from all the other sweet florals IMO. The top is somewhat refreshing for a few seconds but the dry dlwn is disappointing.

Whit
Whit

I got to smell this and what a nice summer scent this will be! It's very flirty and fun smelling and I know it's not listed in the notes, but I smell grapefruit in this. Perhaps it's the melon mixed with the other fruits? Anyway, this is for those who are young at heart and just want to have fun, just like the Cyndi Lauper song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". Fruity and fresh, this would be an awesome scent for the beach or just lounging by the pool!

alexanna7
alexanna7

This is a mature floral-fruity!It's starts with some raspberry,that makes a short duo with the melon,but the melon stays on through the all fragrance devellopement.Then it becomes more floral,with the acacia,the orchid,the lilies.The bergamot stays throught the all fragrance.Then the lillies fades slowly to become a nice blend of orchid and acacia.The maturity of that fragrance comes from the sandal wood.We barely smell the vanilla.It's fresh,sweet,floral and sexy! Love it!

caline
caline

You can find it at macy's ! it smells soooo good

I bought it but I think I regret it, it is kind of nice, kind of fruity, and the base is nice but overall it is more suited to teenagers in my views. I thought the base would be warmer, but it is pretty much a fruity scent from start to finish. I expected maybe a more complex scent. This is in the line of the Justin Bieber scents, nice, but not great. I like the Taylor Swifts perfumes way better.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

I went to Macy's tonight and they had a tester of this. This was a nice strong scent. I didn't seem like anything special at first spray, but after a bit of a dry down, I was re-visting my hand. I tried a lot of frangrances tonight so I don't think I could accurately describe how the notes hit initially, but what I can say is that it is fragrance that is well balanced, with the heart notes and base notes being very consistent as noted above in coming through. And would get lots of compliments. It seems to have an oily base shine on my skin, so It is long lasting. I plan on going back to get it.

Guess Girl by Guess 3.68 out of 5 based on 175 ratings and 34 user reviews

Guess Guess Girl Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Guess Guess Girl Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Guess Guess Girl Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Guess Guess Girl Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guess Guess Girl fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guess Guess Girl, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Guess Girl by Guess. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Guess Girl by Guess represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.