Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Guess Gold Guess for women

Guess Gold Guess for women
dislike

Guess Gold was presented in 2007 in fruity-floral rhythm. It opens with notes of frozen citruses, apple, pineapple touched with pink pepper, which is accompanied with floral notes of hyacinth, clear and intensive jasmine, lotus and intoxicating seductress rose in the heart. The base introduces warm, milky notes of sandalwood, patchouli, amber, vetiver and sensual musk. The perfumer is Claudette Belnavis.

Pineapple Apple Lemon

Jasmine Hiacynth Water Lily Rose

Sandalwood Amber Vetiver

Gold
Vince Camuto Femme

Guess Gold Fragrance Reviews

houstcs
houstcs

At the risk of this getting downed, this is what I smell when I put on Aventus too, it's really great. Dark pineapple. Simply. A friend recommended I try it being a male, glad I did. I prefer it to Aventus as well, I could only smell Aventus for about 10 minutes and it was gone.

Waekkae
Waekkae

Start with pineapple, sandalwood, and jasmine note. Then it dries down like creamy vanilla. I like this one. First, it smells really like Chanel Chance, but the dries down goes another way from Chanel.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i get pineapple, amber, some sandalwood, and hints of jasmine. i kinda get a little vanilla too. a nice fall and winter fragrance. the pineapple adds a little sour note that makes this more mature. i think though for an under 30 age group. nothing really special. kinda makes me think of jeans and a t-shirt. casual fragrance. great for everyday wear. could be worn to work. business casual. its nice, but it doesnt stand out to me much.

mimette11
mimette11

It was a blind buy. It s not bad but nothing special for my taste. Would not buy it again.

Kanz Oman
Kanz Oman

Got this as a gift from my friend during college days,, love it & it always reminds me of her. Couldn't find it in stores now adays !

irenesa
irenesa

Am I the only one who thinks that guess gold smells just like chanel chance?

Dina1410
Dina1410

why guess discontinued my all time favoraite perfume :'( ?

Well, to my nose it has a vintage edge, it is interesting, rich, classy,quite strong, but not sure I am really impressed with it for some reason.
I agree this is better in winter, it develops nicer in cooler weather. I need to try it more to get a better idea, so far, this isn't really my cup of tea.

A friend of mine used to work in a Guess boutique, so when I inquired about this discontinued scent, she rummaged through the old stock out the back and re-emerged with a sample. I had heard a lot about Guess Gold, so I was rather excited when I opened the vial to apply it to my wrist.

Unfortunately the pineapple note is rather strong in the opening. Pineapple and my skin chemistry don't go hand in hand. For the first ten or so minutes, I smelt like one big sour and salty pineapple.

Thankfully the pineapple note softens towards the heart. I can barely detect the rose or the jasmine, but I do smell water lily and hyacinth. The floral notes are fairly short-lived on my skin, making way for a warm, ambery drydown.

I swear I can smell an earthy patchouli note in the base, alongside the sandalwood and amber. The drydown, was in my opinion, the best part of Guess Gold. It also had a slightly masculine quality, so I would definitely suggest this fragrance to men as well as women.

Overall, Guess Gold is a fairly strong fragrance with excellent longevity. Honestly, it's not my personal cup of tea, but I can see why some people love it. Occasionally a bottle can still be found online, however it is becoming increasingly rare. Snap it up while you still can.

subhawee
subhawee

an old favorite. warm, sweet and sexy. it's quite powerful so use very little. dries down very nicely. got compliments too :D

GUGI
GUGI

this is one of my favorite parfum! very sexy, very long lasting...

Sheilagold
Sheilagold

This is my current favourite fragrance, i wear it all time. I even got some nice comment on it.

Siniorita
Siniorita

It smells really nice on people and I have tried it from a friend once... However, I can't find it in the market anymore.. Even in big stores here they says it was discontinued (or at least they don't import it anymore).

yang32
yang32

This is a very warm and sexy scent. I always wore this on date nights. I haven't worn it for a few years now but thought I'd wear it out to dinner with my boyfriend recently and within 2 minutes of spraying it, I had a headache and wanted to puke. Don't get me wrong, it smells great, just like I remember but my body chemistry must not work with it anymore because I just can't handle it on me. Sometimes I'll sneak a quick whiff but anything longer than that and I can feel a headache forming and my stomach turning.

Rukiakiss
Rukiakiss

I really love this scent. It has a fancy quality that makes you feel like you are going out somewhere special. I hope it isn't discontinued like it appears because I really want to buy it. Can anyone tell me which fragrance really is similar to this one? I read people compared Worth to Blue Grass and not by a long shot because Worth is such a subtle and soft scent compared to Blue Grass.

Mushana
Mushana

oh my word what a gem this was for me! I have the original and she grew on me with time, and now she is empty so I tested this madame and was so impressed. Really reminded me of Alchemie by Rochas. Sweet, sensual and impressionable. I intend to buy her soon.......

magiccclaw
magiccclaw

I got a LOT of compliments by men with this perfume. I'm sad it has been discontinued. Found out new Bebe's Gold, seems very similar to me.

VANEKSK
VANEKSK

Es mi preferido y no he encontrado hasta ahora uno que se le iguale. No es de los mas caros y su perdurabilidad es excelente. Lo he llevado en mi piel por mas de 8hs intacto y puede llegar a durar 10hs.
Te queda la fragancia en la ropa por dias. Es una lastima que en mi pais cueste tanto conseguirlo.
Tengo otros perfumes que atesoro pero no tanto como al Guess Gold. En mi closet estan: Baby Doll, Ange ou Demon, Cristal Noir, Lady Million, Emporio She, Fantasy. Me gustan que los perfumes sean originales y no como el Miss Dior Cherie,Scarlet, sunflowers, Idylle, Guilty, que parece una colonia de baño

Guess Gold is warm and ambery, and very sexy. The depth of the warm amber and sandalwood is balanced by the soft florals and slight hint of sweet fruit. This is so inviting, it smells good enough to eat. This reminds me of the smooth warmness of vintage Obession, minus the spiciness, but with a hint of added sweetness from the pineapple. This sure got discontinued quickly, unfortunately, but Guess seems to discontinue all their best scents, IMO. I love this one, and wish they would bring it back.

sheylla.trucco
sheylla.trucco

I've been looking for this perfume at the stores and everybody is saying that it got discontinue! Does anybody else know something about it? This is my Favorite Perfume!

Lauri88
Lauri88

Floral and delicate very sexy!

mizlover1
mizlover1

one of my faves. its the best going out with your hubby or boyfriend scent

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Very strong, intense, deep and luxurious.
Smells like million bucks.
My expectations weren't high (I mean that I did not expect Guess Gold to be a head turner), since previous Guess fragrances I added to my collection turned out to be joyful and playful rather than mature and serious.
Guess Gold is a noble fragrance.
From the start till the very dry down it offers a lot; juicy and tangy pineapple mixed with earthy vetiver, classy jasmine and warm amber.
It is extremely elegant, powerful and would match classy skirt suit when you're rushing to another formal meeting.
I expected a ligh and nearly gourmand touch, what I got instead is a top shelf juice that will make you feel dignified and extremely elegant.
Guess Silver is a great summer/spring fragrance whilst Guess Gold is a perfect choice for fall and winter.
Well done, Guess!
I already have all Guess fragrances in my collection and consider them the best fragrances for young women full of energy and positive spirit.

cerebellum
cerebellum

I really like this perfume, but I can't seem to find it anywhere...did they discontinue it?? I personally prefer the other guess perfume in the similar silver and pink bottle, but this one is really nice as well. It has the sweet, soft, and slightly spicy notes I have been liking recently. I am not sure how great it smells on me, the top notes are fantastic but during the dry down, I couldn't decide if it smelled good on me or not. Sometimes I thought it did, and other times, it kind of smelled like garlic breath and stale beer. I probably wouldn't buy this one for myself, but I have a co-worker who wears it, and I swear that on her, it smells absolutely divine, like God's own perfume. She is also 72 years old, by the way, for those of you thinking it may be too young for you!!

Mado Haddad

3 years ago, I wrote a review for the same perfume. Though, I'd say the opposite now, I'll still leave the old one!
I'm sure my body chemistry changed much than it used to be 3 years ago. Because, Guess Gold used to smell amazing on me and I could wear it for days in row.
I still have it, so I decided to try it on my skin, but I couldn't stand it anymore :(
Now, it smells too synthetic and overwhelming to my nose. I'll probably give it away soon..

Martika
Martika

Blind buy which I do not regret. It is in the spirit of Euphoria, Flowerbomb and Coco Mademoiselle all of which I have weared in the past. Amazing lasting power.

jodee
jodee

Sexy, warm, sweet. I love. Love the shimmering body lotion, a real must have:). Just ordered more of it:). I actually have been drawn to Guess perfumes over the years, sometimes I think their fragrances are too powerful, other times, I like the boldness. This one is balanced and I will have this one on my shelf for a while!

lemuaa
lemuaa

I've had the bottle for two years now and I spritz to "test" it occasionally if I'd pick new notes from it. I almost like it, especially the very first fresher floral fruity notes but it keeps coming so dense and thick as it developes. I bet it's the patchouli I can't stand. It is lightly sweet but as I saw mentioned comparing to CH 212 Sexy here, that one is sweeter and has more layers. They do have something in common but this one smells cheaper (but, in my opinion, they would fall into same category).
I try to wear this sometimes as I received this as a gift from my hubby when he visited California, US.
Got the plasticky little Guess handbag too.. ;)

keristen
keristen

this perfume is fruity & FRESH

sria
sria

was one of my first perfumes...with it on i used to feel a comfort a belongingness like i m loved no matter wat goes wrong.. its chemistry with my skin is beautiful as well...even tho its pineappley and fruity at first the drydown was described by someone as "cream decorated with flower petals on top" it has great lasting power a beautiful sillage on me ..everybody complimented me on this..i always have a 7ml heartshaped mini of it in my bag..when sis came to visit from new zealand she loved it so much i gave her away my beloved almost full 75 ml bottle of this...was waiting for a sale n picked this up again...at times i feel may b i shud move on and not repurchase this since now i really treasure Addict HP Gucci EDP but sth abt it pulls me back..its like at tyms i need the security it gives me ..its sth i will just always hv even tho newer ones will get a bit more attention ...

**the old love u'll never get over**

Whit
Whit

Another guy magnet perfume! I'm married and I get compliments from random dudes when I wear this. I tell them they should buy some for their girlfriend. :P

a musky sandalwood floral with light fruit notes toward the end. i like it very much as a refreshing day scent. not loud and not too soft. just a perfect blend of the fruits and florals combined. very nice.
lasts about 3-4 hours on me. 8.5-10

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

At first I thought that Guess Gold was a lighter version of Guess by Marciano although they don´t have a single note in common. In fact, I still think they´re very similar, but Guess Gold is not that much gourmand. On the other hand, it´s quite different to the original Guess, which smells truly floral to my nose.
Guess Gold is soft enough to be worn on summer days but quite warm too, probably due to amber. The fruity top notes remain detectable all the time, specially pineapple.
It lasts about 5 hours on my skin.
If you like Guess by Marciano but would like it to be softer, this is the one.

Aling23
Aling23

Love this perfume! My best friend bought it for my brithday a few years ago...and Ive been buying it ever since.
Very feminine and sexy. I find I only need two squirts and Im good to go for the rest of the day!
Definitely one of my favs

cattyroig
cattyroig

i like the basic note i think its abit looks like chanel chance just more lightly !
its sexy warm and sweet :)

Danimm1986
Danimm1986

One of my best friends wears this, always reminds me of the good times when I smell it. The fragrance itself is warm, pretty, and fun!

funcaramelqt
funcaramelqt

My boyfriend purchased this one for me for Valentine's Day...I am shocked that someone picked out a scent for me and I actually love it! I haven't purchased a Guess scent ever...however, I think this Spring scent will be part of my continual collection. Now, the smell at first can be a little confusing because the pink pepper (for the keen noses) will be very poignant. However, it dies down to a very pretty floral. (Not a rose floral to my nose but more Jasmine scent.) I was walking from my apartment and a neighbor was walking behind me and stated, "Gosh, something smells good." My only negative is the staying power....so use the body wash and lotion to make it last all day or at least 6 hours.

xmarie
xmarie

I don't know why I hate this brand! I don't like any thing from this!

Pasionaria
Pasionaria

fresh, elegant, innocent...but not so much! For an elegant young lady!

ravynkat
ravynkat

i smelled this on a nurse one day and i must say it was delicious. it was just the right amount of sweet to not be childish and sickening. it was a little fruity with creamy caramel/pink pepper notes. it lasted her whole shift! this is a definite must for young ladies.

orchidlover
orchidlover

I felt pineapple in the top, no doubt.
But it is not floral-fruity on me, it is a dry, woody-peppery scent with just a little hint of sweetness. I can't detect any other fruit in it.
I don't mind because I like the woody scents, so I like this one too.
I agree with who says it is sharp at first spray, but some minutes after it become a very pleasant perfume, and I think it worth to waiting for this period.
I love the design of the bottle!

yudisuseno
yudisuseno

this perfume start with a sharp smell and yet when it reaches the heart notes, it is seducing, cinnamons? i don't know,
ladies should wear these on dates.

it's quite easy to find these in indonesia too.

overall, considering the price, this is worth every buck.

dina
dina

It's a nice gourmand/caramel fragrance but only in the dry down, the top and middle notes have some plastic or maybe rubber smell that I don't like ... anyway this is how it turns on my skin. It has an average staying power.

maiker
maiker

it strange, but i find this smell just like ONE MILLION by PACO RABANNE for MEN,

sinesthesya
sinesthesya

love it

Juma
Juma

It reminds a little bit to Euphoria, but it has no its character, power and longevity. Gourmand to me...

StephD
StephD

an attractive brunette in her early 30's walked into my bakery today, and it smelled soo nice.
i asked her what it was, and she said it was Guess Gold.
The scent stayed long after she was gone- either she over-applied or this is really strong.
it smelled really nice though, very sexy with spices and a fruity touch that kept it young.
different from anything else ive ever smelled, i'll have to try it on my skin.

suway
suway

i as just obsessed with this perfume...
its creamy n fruity in a sexy way.....
just cant get enough of this....

vetiver
vetiver

Creamy, sweet, plenty of spices, sensual...when my husband proposed i was wearing this perfume...well we met online and talked on and off for about three years. Suddenly he decided to travel to my country, and proposed after one month. I will always love this perfume. They should list the caramen and vanilla in the notes! i am sure it has a lot of these sweet notes!

Lydiamarine
Lydiamarine

I was very surprised by reading the reviews here, because for me this perfume is not creamy, nor sweet but just peppery and rubbery. It smells exactly like burnt rubber marinaded with black pepper and made me sneeze several times after I smelled it. Bottle is nice but this is a smell I never want to put on. No no no...

vertigo
vertigo

For those whose chemistry doesn't agree with Chanel Chance edp, try Guess Gold.
The fragrances have 5 notes in common: pineapple, hyacinth, jasmine, lemon, vetiver.
The result is unbelievable.
If I didn't know it's Guess, I'd easily be mistaken.
I'm surprised nobody mentioned it.
On my skin it smells better than Chance. Unfortunately, also has a light bittery-almondy-rubbery quality that I don't like.

The scent is sexy, modern, stylish and classy. Universal, I think ... For day and nightwear, and for women at any age. Could be unique, but it's so similar to the one mentioned before! What is the difference? Guess is maybe heavier ... Has better sillage and a serious staying power.
Definitely not a fruity floral. Maybe fruity-floral-gourmand...
Don't know what gives the gourmand sensation.

But, same with Chance, this one is ...
'not my cup of tea'! ;)

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

A sugary, fruity-floral. Not bad, but not amazing on me. I am definitely getting a note of "sugar" in the heart, which in the base turns more to "caramel"...presumably because of the amber. It's fading so fast on me, and I don't like the residual scent left behind on my skin as the notes are degrading. I think it might smell much better on someone else, but I also think it might smell much better if it were made with higher qualtiy ingredients.

Sassy1
Sassy1

It starts as a typical sweet fruity floral, sugary pinapple with a subdued citrus edge. Then I pick up the hyacinth and jasmine and wafts of what can only be desribed as plastic doll skin. It takes awhile to get to the bottom which is mainly musk.
All in all, it's just ok.
The edp lasted 4-5 hours on me but I can't get past the plastic note which lingered most of that time.
Pass.

nyoka
nyoka

this has a very fruity opening slowly evolving into a jasmine lotus fantasy.the drydown is milky,with a woody caramel scent.smells wonderful for spring and summer,.in the day at a picnick or night for a great nite on the town.even tho really fruity,its a sexy scent that is sure to please.

Sissi
Sissi

The Opening Notes of fruits
Wraped with the middle of Jasmine
rose Water lily hiaciah and it dries
down to a Creamy Caramel intermingleing
with i can pick up a bit of incense
And Woods

c3c
c3c

Sweet pineapple, jasmine, and rose with a touch of sandalwood to bring it all together. I picked up a mini on sale without knowing what to expect (but who could resist that cute little heart shaped bottle the minis come in?)and I thought it was fabulous the moment I opened the bottle. Thankfully it stays that way on my skin. It seems there's a body chemistry issue after reading some of the reviews here. But give it a chance if you like the notes because if it works for you it's well worth it.

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

I hate this fragrance it literally turns my stomach. I received it as a gift and no matter how many times I hear people rave about it and then go back and try it the result is always the same. This fragrance seems to have a deadly mix of something but its just too much for me and my stomach.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I bought a bottle of Guess Gold over the internet, unsmelled, and was very disappointed. The packaging is very impressive and the bottle is very substantial but I wasn't so impressed with the perfume itself. From the rave reviews of it on here I was expecting it to be lovely so I was surprised to find that it's actually very ordinary. It's quite a heavy, dense perfume and not very unique. It reminds me a little bit of FCUK for Her, which is a perfume I don't like, and I notice that they do share some similar notes. Some reviewers have said though that it smells similar to 212 Sexy but I don't think it does at all and 212 Sexy is a perfume that I really like!

If I was to rate Guess Gold perfume out of 5 stars I'd give it a 3. It's OK but nothing special. In fact, I'm returning my bottle for a perfume I actually like!

ViolaineViolet

I love the scent so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i think i am alergic to this perfume. My skin wont stop itching after I sprayed Guess Gold, I dont know what to do, I wont stop using it even if it itches!!!!!

tangledvines
tangledvines

I'm with Kittycat63. I am not sure at the moment if I care much for this perfume. Sometimes I catch a whiff of something that smells really nice, but then I go and sniff myself and almost choke on the overpowering pepper/pencil lead scent. :( It also has a bit of a glue smell on me. I'm not smelling much else but the pepper and musk. I really wanted a bottle of Guess Marciano (which smells lovely) but couldn't locate a bottle where I live. I came across Guess Gold and thought I'd give it a try since it had raving reviews, but I am not really diggin' the scent yet. It smells like a cross between 212 Sexy and Amor Amor. Love 212 Sexy, but hate Amor Amor. I guess that's why I am wavering back and forth on this one. Perhaps this will grow on me....but I am hating the pepper note.

beperfect
beperfect

I love this perfume! It's so sexy, sweet in a way and perfect for scent especially when you have a date :) One of my favorite perfumes!

Amanda79
Amanda79

My husband picked this up for me while he was out of town. I never smelled it before so I didn't know what to expect. I always have funny experiences when it comes to buying perfumes unsniffed.. I bought Diesel Plus Plus a few weeks ago. It's okay but lacked the milky vanilla note I was hoping for and was a little too unisex for me (although I do like it.

Well, Guess Gold takes up where Plus Plus let me down at! Yes, yes yes!!! This is milky, creamy, smooth vanilla and honey amber!

It starts out spicy with the pink pepper and citrus fruits. No paticular flower stands out too much (slightly unisex and similar in smell to PlusPlus) Smells slightly tropical. It isn't seconds later the bottom notes appear adding a feminine gourmand semi sweet warmth to the mix. Its more milky and creamy than sugary sweet. Will be great for the colder months!

ViolaineViolet

I have it!! and i love it!! its sexy and powerful! it lasts long and i get a lot of compliments from both women and men. Almost the best perfume i've ever had after DKNY Be Delious

SYDNEYGIRL
SYDNEYGIRL

i was given this as a gift and only opened it about a year later-much to my surprise-i absolutely loved it from the first spray! compliments compliments and more compliments everytime i wear it! its definately a creamy smell and i can really smell the pineaplle but not overly sweet-not sure if its the balance of the pineapple and citruses but this works! less is more-staying power is excellent! i wear during the day and especially on summer nights-definately an intoxicating scent!

I really like the creamy scent of this perfume.it's similar to Carolina Herrera CH and some other creamy fragrances,but it's better than all of them.
according to the top notes,it seems to be so fruity and sour.(green apple+pineapple+citruses),but it's not.it's just creamy and juicy and it's intoxicating and seductive.
the floral heart is well mixed.I smell something like caramel which is a bit sweet,but very lovely.I think the most amazing middle note is hyacinth.(the flower of my country)
I think guess gold is more mature than guess and less fruity.on the other hand,it's less repetitive.
by the way I'm unsure of the long lasting power.the first time I wore it,it seemed to fade away soon,but I should give it another try.

hiphiphurahura
hiphiphurahura

Warm n sexy...
I found it very useful for a date in the evening!
Plus, it's a long lasting scent.

christina~xoxo
christina~xoxo

had it and HATED it :( sold it on ebay..i think its patchouli that makes me sick..i couldnt stand it..sorrrrryyy!!

noharadwan
noharadwan

wowww, the top notes are very fresh and clean and well blended with the warm base notes which give depth and sensuality for guess gold , its a very feminine special seductive perfume

guest_guess who
guest_guess who

Best perfume ever from Guess... Not only the clothing line rocks... But also the fragrance... My friends never stop complimenting the scent.... And very long lasting too.... It will stay a week or more if sprayed on our clothes... Definitely going to buy another one if mine finished.... The bottle is pretty too... Love that it comes with that cute purple thing which stores the fragrance...

hena a

thanx Mado Haddad! i guess i spritzed a little too much of it. will definitely try it again :)

mamamia
mamamia

its sexy but its exactly smell like LİPSTİCK to me :D thats why i love it so much.

imgcas
imgcas

That's not bad, but a little boring. It's soft and comfortable. I get more flowers than fruits and that's good, but somehow I can't help thinking of hairdressers products when I smell it.

Hi hena a
I tried all Guess woman fragrances: the original Guess, Guess Gold & Guess Marciano. I ca tell you that Guess gold is the best, at least in my humble opinion :)
A *lil* advice: wear it in a few spritzes, It lasts VERY long . But once you wear too much of it, you'll find it so over powering.
I guess I'd wear it mostly for Winter anyway :)

hena a

i tried it and i didn't really like it but based on all these reviews, seems like its a good perfume.

is it better than the original guess?

gel
gel

First sniff, it smells like Salvatore Ferragamo's Incanto Shine, one or two spritz and you are good,more than that is overpowering.

Mado Haddad

Just got it & I absolutely LOVE it. It's totally feminine,sexy&amazing !!
I've ben searching for a nice Winter scent that's not too warm or spicy or overwhelming.. I'm so glad I finally found what I'm searching for :)
I bought it with the gift set that encludes the fragrance, a mini heart shaped bottle with the fragrance & a WONDERFUL shimmering body lotion.. :D
I'd recommend it to almost anyone.. And, I'd also recommend buying the gift set with that shimmering lotion.
Try it !!

guest_Zoe M
guest_Zoe M

I like this one, smell very sexy

2007

Guess Gold by Guess 3.67 out of 5 based on 271 ratings and 77 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guess Guess Gold fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guess Guess Gold, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Guess Gold by Guess. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Guess Gold by Guess represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.