Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Guess Seductive Homme Guess for men

Guess Seductive Homme Guess for men
dislike

Guess Seductive Homme launches in August 2011 as the first men's fragrance of the Seductive collection. The fragrance contains woody, aromatic and fougere notes. It is intended for seductive, charming, charismatic and magnetic men.

Top notes: cardamom milk, mandarin pulp and pink pepper. Heart: vanilla orchid, violet leaves and vetiver. Base: patchouli, sandalwood, amber and musk.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Cardamom Mandarin Orange Pink Pepper

Guess Night

Guess Seductive Homme Fragrance Reviews

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I was able to spray some of this Guess Seductive on some paper at Target and it is not that bad at all.. The opening was very nice, as I detected some spices like pink pepper and cardamom and than the scent start to get sweeter as it develops.. It is almost like a candy sweetness but its not to overdone.. It is not a high quality scent but it is well done for what it is.. If you are young and are looking for a affordable date scent this could be nice..

Kumana
Kumana

I bought it from Strawberrynet and I have to admit it that this is one of the best in my collection now. I'm loving the sweet & amberish notes of this fragrance.

jdfarley
jdfarley

I own and love the Blue flanker of this one. Tested Seductive Homme at Kohls awhile ago and thought it was pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking of course, but a solid cozy quasi-gourmand fragrance for evening or going out. Longevity isn't too great, however. If I was to consider getting this, I would have to decide between this one and CK Euphoria Intense (in the same vein). Euphoria Intense also has better longevity.

wrbenjam
wrbenjam

Great scent! Like it a lot but realized it's a Hollister So Cal clone. It's the stores smell.

villey91
villey91

I usually don't like "men's fragrances" even tho I am a man. But the truth is I tested this at the mall last fall and I had to buy it. It really is seductive. I like that you can really smell the vanilla and oriental scents in this so clearly. It is cheaply priced but the smell itself is definitely not cheap smelling. Everytime I smell this I feel like I'm on a cruise somewhere in the ocean and I'm ready to go shopping, eating and dancing and all fun stuff you do on cruises... Festive smell, I Guess.

FlashAdler221

Update: Last year this was my signature scent. Easily my favorite blind buy. I liked it so much that I even bought a back up bottle. And for the record, this was probably my biggest compliment getter. However I have bid adieu to this starter fragrance of mine. I'm grateful for the memories though.
You see, I have a younger brother. When we were kids I always had to share with him. I never really had "my own stuff" till I was 16 and even then it was limited. Now we're grown up and live in different states. Guess Seductive Homme was my little secret. There are hardly any reviews on YouTube or even here on Fragrantica. Nobody I know has even heard of it until I told them about it. I only know about it because I randomly blind bought it.
Well I spoke to my brother recently and asked if he had a collection. Of course he did. Guess what fragrance he owned and loved. You guessed it (no pun intended), Seductive Homme.
I was kind of irritated when I found this out. What are the odds of this happening? I'm an adult now and it's like I'm still not allowed to have my own stuff. I finished the bottle I had open and gave my back up bottle to my cousin who is in high school.
In retrospect, I'm glad that it worked out that way.
GSH was a nice starter fragrance for me and everything. But it's a young mans scent. I'm at the peak of my youth. GSH is for kids and young men. My cousin in high school will love it. Perhaps La Nuit de l'homme or Dior Homme will be my new signature?

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

Smelled this on a tester at target. It reminded me axe dark temptation but stepped up a notch and made more unique. This and adam Levine are on my shopping list!

Dre416
Dre416

It smells like a bowl of Fruity Pebbles to me. After like an hour on my skin, when I move around, that it all i smell. I LOVE IT, and it gets me tons of compliments. Doesn't last long at all.

headofstate
headofstate

Far better than its flanker Guess Seductive Homme Blue, but that honestly isn't saying much. Why? Because the dry-down here is truly amateur stuff. A sugary, synthetic, droning Skittles meets $1 generic bag of plastic coated gummy-bears at the local grocery store. Despite the top being fun and enjoyable for the first 10-15 minutes; the pink pepper and orchid work fairly well together; the amber comes in and blows the whole thing up into an overtly sweet, rather cheap and synthetic generic accord that never evolves further. Performance here is impressive for a Guess fragrance, with 5-8 hours pretty standard and projection decent the whole way through. The problem is, nobody under 18 wants to smell like this (a cross between a pugnaciously sweet Britney Spears perfume in the top notes and spilled Skittles crushed, cracked and walked over and still sitting on the floor); and the only one's that do are teenage girls. So with that in mind, this one works brilliantly for high-school boys on the hunt for the next cheery cheerleader at the latest Friday night house party and will grab attention; but anyone past college should look elsewhere despite the tempting affordability and nice packaging and top notes that have suckered quite a few gullible wives, girlfriends and men at the perfume counters.

suryopras
suryopras

I think I got fake copy of this Seductive Homme by Guess. Its last in 30 minutes on my skin. Terrible.

But I love the scent opening, doh.

Roman86
Roman86

The reviewer two reviews down wrote, "smells like a generic candy smell." This is pretty much it. Uninspiring, sort of pleasant in its sweetness, but ultimately worthless in a wide world of fragrances that you could rather explore. This is teenage stuff.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

Guess Seductive Homme is an ambitious attempt to capture the youth crowd who seemed so enthralled with One Million by Paco Rabanne but without the flashy hip-hop inspired ode to status and wealth of the gold bar packaging and a much smaller price tag in line with fashion mall stores like American Eagle. The originality is there in the attempt to integrate the sumptuous orchid flower into a herbal blend of violet leaf, patchouli and vetiver under a sheet of synthetic mandarin in the top and heart.. The blending is fairly serviceable as the pink pepper rises to the top with the sugary amber base not waiting long to jump into the blend and dominate it; creating a somewhat powdery, processed sugar and floral motif that quickly becomes rather generic and doesn't offer the wearer a whole lot of evolution or sophistication. If impressing others is your business, this isn't the cologne for you.
Seductive Homme is better left for casual outings and in my view works perfectly on a fall or winter day or evening or cooler spring evening..it's not that effective when temperatures get over 10 c or 50 Fahrenheit. Works best for men 30 and under who aren't particularly picky or looking for anything really specific. It's very sugary sweet, candy like, rather synthetic in all honesty but the wearer is quite protected from the baser aspects of the fragrance in that the scent only moderately projects and doesn't over strain the wearer or audience. Longevity is decent at between 5-8 hours. This is really nothing particularly special, though it is better, stronger and more reliable than its stablemate Seductive Homme Blue. It has become a frequent visitor to discount retailers of late and despite its rather affordable price tag and sleek packaging; Seductive Homme is a boring, generic, linear and overly sweet fragrance with limited versatility beyond cold weather novelty every once in awhile. What you smell in the initial ten minutes is what you'll get throughout save for a ever stronger presence of amber and pink pepper coalescing and dominating the fragrance. Overall: 6.0

briannyc94
briannyc94

smells like a generic candy smell. similar to 1 million imo, but will only last 2 hours at most.

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

This was a blind buy for me and overall i'm fairly disappointed. Something about the sweetness of this one doesn't sit right for me, and it oddly reminds me of lynx (or axe) dark temptation way too much for my liking. I guess that's what I get for blind buying, but at least it wasn't expensive.

seekritdude
seekritdude

I have a hard time over complicating this. Generally I just think of skittles when I smell this as others have said. That being said bang for your buck I think this is fantastic. You can easily pick this up at places like marshalls for 20 bucks no problem. It gets good compliments, and although longevity projection isnt huge by any means it lasts a reasonable amount of time for what your spending. Chances are you dont get a full day out of it, but 5 hours or so is reasonable. Honestly my only compliant would be that I find it boring. There isnt much change, theres that pink pepper at the begining to tingle your nose, but I always think of skittles from begining to end so I do find myself bored while wearing it despite the compliments sometimes. For other stuff similar to it, one that hasnt been mentioned is curve crush. Surpised no one has mentioned this yet that I see. Both have a pretty similar vibe. For what its worth if you are one of those that care about bottles, the bottle is nice however it is very cheaply made so beware.

DJPaulsGimpArm
DJPaulsGimpArm

I found this for $19 at Marshalls while looking for a new Fall/Winter scent and I must say I have never been more pleased with a blind buy! I had been keeping an eye out for this one as I prefer sweeter scents and found the descriptions I had read of this intriguing.

This scent has all the elements of a more expensive luxury cologne. It is warm and inviting, spicy yet sweet, and very masculine and sexy without any initial alcohol blast or overtly synthetic notes. It is sweet but not sickeningly so, with a powdery, vanilla character in the drydown that is very appealling. Despite this, it is also a very masculine and mature scent and the initial notes in this have the characteristics of a classic scent; A scent I could imagine a young boy many years from now may associate with dad or grandpa (kind of like how Old Spice or Drakkar is now). I find it to be in a similar scent profile as labels such as Paco Rabanne 1 Million or Versace Eros. And with a much more attractive price tag, I certainly feel like this scent is more bang for the buck.

It is not perfect, however. Some have noted that it's longevity is short. I actually find the longevity of the drydown to be excellent. The problem is that the initial top and middle notes fade very quickly. Beacuse of this it has an added drawback in that it loses some of it's individuality and recognition factor, as the base notes alone are not exactly the most original. That being said, I still think it is unique enough to use as a signature Fall/Winter/Night scent (not as suitable for Spring/Summer, though).

There is also a major design flaw here: While the bottle and packaging LOOK top notch (really, the bottle is damn pretty), the magnetic cap was a really bad idea. While it probably seemed cool in theory, in practice it is awful. ALWAYS grab this bottle by the base, never by the cap as it is held on solely by magnetism. Don't make the same mistake I did and pull it from your medicine cabinet by the cap as the bottle will rocket into your sink with an ungodly crash!

TL;DR- This scent has all the characteristics of a classic with a much nicer price tag. It is sweet, yet masculine; Very sexy, yet classy. Highly recommended for Fall/Winter/Nights.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

This kicks off with lots and lots of pink pepper with citric/aromatic notes.
As the scent starts to develop on my skin I can definitely detect vanilla orchid, which is sweet, but not too sweet at all since it's perked up by the violet leaf.
In the dry-down I get earthy patchouli blent with creamy sandalwood and sensual amber.
The notes and reviews made it sound to me that it would be suitable for women as well. But now I can say that it is definitely masculine, not even unisex. However, I would still wear it because it smells great!
♥♥♥♥

daphillips83
daphillips83

I bought this one a couple of days ago and I have to admit that it is very good. I was suprised of the longevity of it. Perfect fall winter fragrance

storm.suhoney
storm.suhoney

bought this blindly because of it being labeled a "sweet" scent...and boy am i glad i did...very sweet and almost playful(?) like more of a come smell more sweet then a smell like cake 10 from feet away scent

FlashAdler221

I blind bought this at Marshall's for $20. I tried it out the next day and instantly fell in love with the scent. This is some sexy juice! It reminds me of Ysl La Nuit de L'Homme. The reminiscence lies solely in the sexiness that the fragrance projects and not the cologne, if that makes sense. (BTW I have La Nuit and it's still my favorite in my collection.)
Anyway, so I sprayed it on my skin the night of purchase while I was at home, just to test it out. Two hours later I could not smell it on my skin any longer. I read on this very forum that most people had the same issue. I was disappointed until....
I decided to test it out the next day. I put it on and went shopping for a bday gift for a friend. I was in line at a mall store and an elderly woman told me that I smelled really good. I had some time to kill before church (I go early Saturday evenings.) I got two compliments before the beginning of service began. (Great sermon too!)
I came home after church and about an hour and a half later I finally went to my friends party. I had no sprayed on anymore cologne since I'd left the house earlier in the day. By now it was around 8:00-8:30 at night. I got compliments on my cologne at the party when I was in doors and even in the back yard.
I couldn't smell it on myself since I had been sitting in the church but 3-4 hours later I was still getting compliments and being asked what I was wearing.
My application was two sprays on the neck and one spray on each wrist and one on the chest. It was a hott day in Albuquerque, NM. (This is a desert.) I can't wait to wear this stuff in the fall/winter. My testing experience was certainly successful.

This is a nice enough, soft candy-amber-patchouli freshened up by violet leaf. The citrus is sweet and not sharp. I definitely get the cardamom.
Smells a bit like skittles. Not to my personal taste, but seems like it would be a crowd pleaser and easy to wear for many different ages and lifestyles.

Idlehands

Just picked up a 1.7 oz bottle at Marshalls for $20. Great deal! This is going to be a nice fall/winter cologne. Its got a real nice sweetness to it but it also has a masculine peppery note to it also that sorta reminds me of Polo Double Black. I can see this getting you noticed by anyone who comes close to you and will probably get lots of compliments. You dont hear much about this fragrance, but its very nice. All in all I say its DEF. worth the $20 I just paid for it. If you like sweeter colognes then I would say its a safe blind buy as well.

israelgonzales
israelgonzales

I was really suprised by this one..the only other Guess fragrance i tried was 'Guess Man' which i didnt like too much it had poor projection and longevity.

This cologne is GREAT! It starts off sweet/citrusy/spicy and woody..dries down with a vanilla/patchouli, sandalwood, amber and musky scent....perfect for a Fall day!! A must buy...very inexpensive!

gzalvares
gzalvares

Hot, cozy, engaging! Great composition that surely has fruity notes that are not listed, maybe pineapple!

Idlehands

Cotton Candy. its a sweetness I would imagine people would want to snuggle close with you if youre wearing this. I have not purchased so I cant speak of the projection or longevity of it but it really is something memorable. You will def. make an impression with this one.

Sohny
Sohny

Ce parfum est un achat à l'aveugle que j'ai fait. Et je l'ai boudé quelques jours avant de vraiment l'apprécier. Je le trouvais "gras" et indiscret. Je dirais qu'il a fallu au parfum qu'il se mette en place en quelque sorte... Étrange relation. Malgré tout je me suis fait à sa senteur, de sorte qu'il est maintenant un de mes parfum préféré.

Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter

Admittedly I don't know exactly what pink pepper smells like, but as far as what those words bring to mind, they certainly do describe the top notes of this cologne very well. The opening is candyish and sweet, thus evoking the notion of pink, but there is certainly a spicy edge that works its way through. I was much more impressed by this one the first few times I wore it, but I have always been disappointed by its lack of strength and, for the longest time, what I thought was an abysmal drydown. Eventually I realized that booze and hangovers have a considerable and negative effect on your senses, particularly smell and taste, so I finally got around to testing it with an undamaged nose.

As a result, I was surprised by how wonderful the drydown of this cologne really is! This is "modern" in of that it is 'pour homme' yet still smells very sweet throughout; the spiciness never ceases shape and evens things back out to the masculine side. It becomes very uniform and creamy in its waning moments. To me it is almost nostalgic--it paints a picture of a place I may or may not have been to, but stupidly remains familiar to me anyway. It has decent longevity and I'd say it's sillage is only slightly outlasted by its eventual degeneration into a skin scent.

I can easily imagine this being worn formally (not during the opening, though!) The idea of some clueless guy giving himself several spritzes of this and then throwing on a t-shirt makes me cringe. Even smart casual would complement it, in my opinion. Someone below me mentioned that this is very purple-y, and I must concur that if purple had a smell, then this would be it. My only concern is that that purple would be more pink than anything, but hey, it's cologne. It makes me smell purdy.

markkkkkkkk4444

best smell worst lasting power!

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

I tested it on a shop, and it stroke me with a very good impression. This must be on a frontline with other famous fragrances. Warm amber with delighted sweetness.

bronstein
bronstein

This one is surprisingly good. A masculine sweetness is dominant here, and it is reminsicent to Valentino's V. With the latter now being cancelled, this one may be a suitable ersatz.

alishbana
alishbana

very good scent and average longevity about 2 hours on my skin and 5 hours on clothes

Joeyvice
Joeyvice

This is amazing! I've never liked any of the Guess fragrances, a matter of fact i hated them, but I discovered this beast last week and fell in love. It's warm, it's sweet, and fuggin sexy. I tested it at Ulta and it actually lasted on me for quite a while, even after I worked out. I made it my mission to add this bad boy to my collection, and picked up a 3.4oz bottle today.

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

Elegant fragrance , perfect for winter and classic wearing , like shirts and suits , Not long lasting and not good sillage. and it smells almost like Jaguar Vision.

Kendall

Icvouch for and stronger longer lasting intense version of this, because the smell is wonderful, but the longevity is terrible

cbehr64
cbehr64

If your looking for something masculine for night time and winter this is your scent. The scent of amber and pepper/spice works well in the colder months. Strong when first applied but it lacks in longevity. Very cool bottle, very masculine, love the magnetic cap!

Kendall

Listen fellaz! The ladies LOVE this juice! No kidding around I don't even see how this is even disliked! It's sooooo appealing

Sweet & sexy, AMAZING...

unquote
unquote

This is how you do vanilla. Enough said.

willfcw
willfcw

This fragrance is definitely suitable to wear at night in cold days. The scent to me is very close to Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Men, which I have bought a week ago. I think probably because of the amber & pepper make them quite close, but this one is not as strong as 212 VIP Men, so if you like something strong for party / clubbing, pick 212 VIP Men for sure. If you want something seductive but mild like a dating, and you don't want to smell too strong, this one could be one of a possible choice.

Since I've got 212 VIP Men already, I would consider this one again for substitution of 212 VIP Men once finished it...

gert1980
gert1980

it's very light perfume,not long lasting,about 2 hours con my skin

onixx
onixx

If there was ever a fragrance that evokes the color purple in someones mind, this would be it. Truly a nice sweet and unique scent.

If you take a fun sized bag of skittles and chew them all up at the same time, the taste translates to the opening of this fragrance. An almost candy like opening which later settles down with the spice from the pink pepper and little hints of musk.

Longevity is pretty good on my skin. 6-8 hours easily. Sillage is great for the first few hours as well. If your looking for something that is attractive and fairly safe and you don't want to smell like the typical aquatic ADG fragrances, Guess Seductive Homme is for you!!

vinisantosrs
vinisantosrs

It's like the male version for Beyoncé's Heat, I think they are very similar.

tommietom97

A shame that this fragrance isn't well known.
I think its really nice and original!

julaiele
julaiele

Finally i tested on it today. Guess Seductive Homme truly lives with its name.

It is a sensual indulgence.

Ooooooozing with sex appeal.

Good to the last drop.

Blow me Guess!

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

I really like this stuff. If you like gucci guilty or euphoria or those type of scents. This blows them away. Comes off sweet, lightly floral, some woods, very creamy. Love this stuff. Got compliments the first day i wore it out.

tommietom97

Do you guys think an college kid can wear this?

I think this is great!
So sweet and nice!

sup_idunno@hotmail.com
sup_idunno@hotmail.com

this one reminds me of Euphoria Intense!

antonpan
antonpan

Guess Seductive Homme is not oriental woody and it doesn't remind of Polo Explorer. However, I like it! It is a fruity fragrance that is reminiscent of a tutti-frutti chewing gum! Of course with a woody dry down. The smell is "tasty" and delicious and women love it! The atmosphere of the scent is close to, for example, CH 212 Vip Men, but without echo of PR 1 million. The sillage is average, the longevity is good.

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

Guess Seductive Homme instantly reminds me of the dry down(best part) of Polo Ralph Lauren Explorer. If you like that one, and can't find it now that it's discontinued, this will make an excellent replacement. It doesn't have Explorer's bubble gum sweet opening, however the warm richness of Explorer's dry down is where GSH starts and finishes. I mostly detect the base notes in this one along with the pepper and mostly vetiver in dry down. It's good!

Seductive Homme is an appropriate name for the newest Guess fragrance. Perfect for Fall and Winter evenings. It will also work in any setting and in any season when you are comfortable wearing it. As long as you are feeling a little seductive.

Edit: 11/02/12 For me this DOES smell very similar to Polo Explorer and I am familar with both more than simply having sampled them. We all have our opinions and experience fragrance in different ways. Wow!

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Guess what? Guess Seductive Homme is not bad! Ok, it's better than not bad but it does not break new ground (I'm ok with that).

At the top, pleasant Mandarin orange and pink pepper strike a nice chord.

Vetiver keeps it going with its citrus and pepper composition.

The base is where you get the rush. Amber and musk have it heading to the seductive (hence the name, right?)/ exotic side. It's appeal is similar to my wife's Calvin Klein Euphoria (a gift/doesn't really wear it/not her style/ but I really like it). Pomegranate? Not listed but I get a faint hint of. Probably my imagination

This is not your man's man cologne (which is fine by me). I like it.

Sillage is good and longevity appears above average.

The pink pepper, cardamom, and orange blend together and create a sharp and spicy fruity top note, which I thought it was pineapple. Later, it gets vanilla-y/sandalwood like the previous member said. It's fresh, really sweet, and quite heavy at first, but it smooths out onces it settles. The amber is very obvious in the scent, which mixes well with a mild patchouli. It's oriental sweet and actually smooth. It may sound unique, but at the same time I feel like I have smelled it before. PR One Million? Euphoria Intense? Something from Estee Lauder? I am not really sure. Anyway, I like it. I probably wear it more often when the weather gets colder.

Kiku
Kiku

The sample I was given described this scent as an "oriental woody fougere". That it is. The opening and heart is very sweet, all vanilla and sandalwood. It smells like countless women's perfumes. The drydown is a blast of ferns: clean, fresh and herby, a good contrast to the too sweet beginning. Overall, not bad but not very distinctive either. For the price it's a pretty good deal.

Guess Seductive Homme by Guess 4.15 out of 5 based on 228 ratings and 53 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guess Guess Seductive Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guess Guess Seductive Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Guess Seductive Homme by Guess. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Guess Seductive Homme by Guess represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.