Designers » F-H » Woody Aquatic « Groups

Guess Seductive Homme Blue Guess for men
dislike

marine
Guess Seductive Homme Blue Guess for men Pictures

Guess is expanding its Guess Seductive line of fragrances with the new release Guess Seductive Homme Blue. This is the second men's fragrance of the collection, following last year's Guess Seductive Homme. The fragrance is refreshing, airy and sensual.

A man for whom Guess Seductive Homme Blue is intended for is described with the following attributes: legendary, irresistible, bold and sexy. The fragrance draws inspiration from the depths of the sea, enriched with spices and woody tones. It is developed by perfumer Guillaume Flavigny.

The top notes are citrus caviar, cardamom and black pepper. The heart includes Blue Coral AquaSpace accord and geranium, followed by the base of cashmere wood, moss and Rippled Sand accord.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette with shower gel and deodorant. Guess Seductive Homme Blue was launched in 2012.

Caviar Citruses Cardamom Black Pepper

The Essence

Guess Seductive Homme Blue Fragrance Reviews

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

OH MYYYYYYY GOD!!!!!!!!! This is a very unique creation. It was love at first smell. This was something that the perfume store recommended after numerous Karen Low garbage colognes. It's very romantic and not your typical spicy or overly nautical men's scent. Although I can like those I tend to go towards ones like this or Le Male. The caviar note shocks me though I don't know what that smells like, I know it's fish eggs so im assuming it would'nt smell too nice but this smells amazing so caviar must smell good i guess.

milkyway
milkyway

Its not too bad, considering the reputation of the brand ;)
I like the cardamom sweet spicyness here, and the juicy citruces..the caviar note is very unexpected, and it tames the overall sweetness nicely, adding more balance to the composition. Settles down to a familiar sweet powdery wood with just a hint of marine..Not bad, I would get my boyfriend that for the hot summer days...=)

smellavision
smellavision

This is a fresh, powdery, sweet scent - so sweet I'd almost label it as unisex ?!? I really like the smell though, just a shame that the projection is absolutely terrible. Half an hour after spraying you only have a skin scent. Longevity is decent though, at first I thought it was equally terrible, but I've had mornings after wearing where I would wake up and could still smell it. Usually wear it on casual days at home or when I don't have any appointments scheduled. Overall : a nice sweet citrus aquatic smell with a horrible projection.

spartan
spartan

Bought a large bottle at TJ Maxx for $20 bucks, I will go tomorrow and see if I can get my $$ back or in store credit!! Absolutely Disgusting fragrance, Extremely cheap quality, just A hot mess on my skin. Washed it off after 40 minutes, it was making me sick to my stomach. Stay away, far away!

headofstate
headofstate

Roman86, you didn't get a bad bottle at all. You perfectly described Guess Seductive Homme Blue in regards to a complete dying of the fragrance to a hard to trace skin scent within 30 minutes of application that evolves quickly into nothing more than an incredibly bland, droning baby powder scent. I received this as a birthday gift last year and was shocked with how poorly it has consistently performed and how boring the scent truly is. So what that it is more affordable than most fragrances in the department store, just keep your money in your pocket and buy something with more substance. That isn't hard to do considering how pathetic this one truly is. Avoid!

Roman86
Roman86

There's really not much to this fragrance. It's just some light, fresh type of fragrance with little strength, sillage and feels like it's dead soon after application and a total letdown. I bought this from T.J. Maxx but I have gotten a bad bottle from them in the past once so who knows if this is the case here. However, I also tried Guess Seductive Homme which I bought from Amazon and it was also a worthless release from Guess so maybe the house just likes releasing worthless fragrances with their name on it that go into bargain bins and become discontinued soon after release. This does get good reviews though so I may just have to go into the department store and test one of their samples and I'll update if things change and if indeed I have a bad bottle.

srt33
srt33

First thing that came to mind, watered down La Nuit. Not at all surprised when I open the Fragrantica page, and I see La Nuit Frozen. Never tried that one, but this would have been almost exactly how I imagined it, except maybe the abysmal projection. I lasted on my skin though, however faint. After a bit, it smelled just like Yacht Man Blue to me, mediocre woods and ocean accords. YSL is doing the same thing, but magnitudes better.

bronstein
bronstein

It could be nice, but it has almost disappeared after 30 minutes.

FlashAdler221
FlashAdler221

Wow! This fragrance is crazy! Ok, so I was pleasantly surprised tonight when I bought this from Marshall's. I sprayed a squirt into the cap and sniffed it for the first time. This is where the surprise took me...
I had read on here that it smelled like An aquatic version of La Nuit de L'Homme. I didn't believe that for a second! So I sniffed the spray that I had squirted into the cap having no idea what this stuff would really smell like. Wow! La Nuit De L'Homme!
I knew right then that I was going to purchase it! That was it for me.
So I purchased it, went home and sprayed it all over myself. After about 5 seconds though, La Nuit went away into something subtle and aquatic.
So I doubled up on the sprays. Two sprays each on both wrists, two sprays to the back of the neck and two sprays to the chest. About 20 minutes later La Nuit returned and joined the aquatic freshness. The two worlds collided and joined in alliance. I'm just so baffled by this!
Right now it is mid fall here in Albuquerque, NM. I already know that this cologne is meant for the summer heat. It's so subtle in projection and has virtually no sillage. The summer heat will hopefully amp up the projection.
My advice to you all, is double up on the sprays. Feel free to go nuts on the trigger if you would like to get noticed.
The sibling of this flanker, the original Seductive Homme, is quite a bit stronger. I think this is a good day scent and while the origina alsol works well for the day, would be the nocturnal counterpart to this scent. Like, you could wear this to work and wear the original to happy hour with your co-workers when you leave the office.
I'm going to give this 1.7 oz bottle that I bought tonight to my brother for his birthday because its coming up, but one I'll be buying a gift set with the body spray, aftershave and shower gel for myself before summer comes back around. I mean, how great would it be to walk around smelling like La Nuit de L'Homme on a summer day without choking yourself and others out!?!
However, if you have to choose between getting this or the original, I recommend the original due to its stronger performance and unique, masculine yet candyish smell.

colognelover93
colognelover93

good 4 any season day or night :)

jdfarley
jdfarley

Hands down one of my new favorite colognes. Has such a sweet and fresh fragrance. Lasting power is pretty good, but its not the strongest cologne (which is actually a good thing since it has a more subtle effect). I really like this one and will continue wearing it.

SmsthersSimpson
SmsthersSimpson

I have la nuit on one arm and this on the other. They open as almost identically fragrances but la nuit drys down richer and fuller and has a spicier vanilla vibe. This smells good but pales in comparison side by side. Good frag for the $16 I spent at TJ Maxx though. Definitely more summery and more of a daytime scent.

Robmeister32
Robmeister32

Blind bought this and I'm so happy with my purchase.
Scent : 8.5/10
Projection : 8/10
Longevity : 8/10

Very peppery, soft cardamom, slightly gritty "sand" note to it.
It's warmly spicy, yet airy. It's ok, but I sort of expected more from the notes. No caviar, no oakmoss. Just dry pepper. I guess I appreciate that it's beachy/aquatic without resorting to calone.

aryo
aryo

The drydown is Synthetic.. not project anything.. i mean Has no character.. i blind buy n little Bit disappoint..
But otherwise i Say the scent has A strong beginning with a unique burst of spicybomb..
The start until the middle is good.. really calm, and confident.. yes.. SPICY and FLOWERY.. and it says like the name.. seductive.. coz will make A attention to the opposite.. its flirting And so manly scent.. then the drydown is..
I dont know getting nowhere.. heheheheh..

that's why i said its synthetic at the base..
But its good price And its remain Me like "ulric de Varens" hot blue.. but with a flirt tingle.. nice n spicy As it hot N seductive..
ooh.. i got 4hour projection and 3hour to the skin (total 7-8 hour) thats enough for me.. but some time i can smell whole day at my shirt..

I Give rate
Scent : 7/10
Projection : 8.5/10
Longevity : 8.5/10

Headhead1000
Headhead1000

Awsome dose smell very similar to ysl but can't go wrong garners lot of complaments did not see this one coming easy easy to rock !

mersilover84
mersilover84

smells like a more summery version of YSL La Nuit De L'homme. not bad tho

Sharpnoodles
Sharpnoodles

I really love this ! I smelled it at Ulta and found jus what I was looking for. A unique mens fragrance that I didn't know I couldn't live without. Found it, with this one. It has a essence of powdery blue on a summer day w a few citrus notes. Calming and soothing. Works good for summer and winter. I jus buy the deodorant spray cans . I'm gonna get the cologne soon. I've gone through 5 or 6 deodorant spray cans

Agree with Antonpan. Bleu de Chanel is out of the picture here! I see it more similar to Givenchy Pi Neo with much sweeter nuance. Not very "aquatic" or "watery" but is "marine" with cavier, minerally sea notes and sand. Nothing woody either. I'd say it's more like "Aromatic Aquatic" as it lacks a more prominent woody accord. For this collection, I prefer the original Seductive better.

antonpan
antonpan

It has absolutely nothing common with Bleu de Chanel. Guess Seductive Blue is a sweet and synthetic fragrance that smells like a lighter version of La Nuit de L'Homme or, for example, Givenchy Pi Neo. Moreover I feel a fruity bubblegum-ness here.

GuyGuess
GuyGuess

Really a very nice scent. I purchased this without smelling it off of eBay ($22.49, 1.7oz) and am very happy that I did. I agree with 'cantstopsniffing' review, it does smell like a lighter version of Chanel Bleu, its like the daytime version. This is am must have for any collection!

cantstopsniffing
cantstopsniffing

very nice scent, blind bought this today off ebay, $23 for a 1.7, wanted to try it because i REALLY like the original seductive and thought this would be one for the collection. First, i am somewhat surprised that it doesnt remind me of the original at all, but i do like it, its fresh, reminds me of a "economy Chanel Bleu" you know, the on a budget type of Bleu in the top notes. Im starting the drydown and now its still reminiscent of Blue but with a slight powder note to it. I will say the projection is pretty decent, just as good as Bleu on the other arm.Soo far pretty nice tho...............will update on middle and base a little later on.

Guess Seductive Homme Blue by Guess 3.83 out of 5 based on 101 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guess Guess Seductive Homme Blue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guess Guess Seductive Homme Blue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Guess Seductive Homme Blue by Guess. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Guess Seductive Homme Blue by Guess represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.