Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Clandestine Guy Laroche for women

Clandestine Guy Laroche for women
dislike

tuberose
Clandestine Guy Laroche for women Pictures Clandestine Guy Laroche for women Pictures Clandestine Guy Laroche for women Pictures Clandestine Guy Laroche for women Pictures

Clandestine is a floral fragrance for women presented in 1986, designed by perfumers from Givaudan. The composition outbreaks with plum, bergamot, pineapple, aldehydes and apricot, followed by Damask rose, tuberose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, carnation, heliotrope, honey and iris at the heart, settling at the base of patchouli, amber, vanilla, benzoin, cedar, civet and musk. The bottle was designed by Alain de Morgues. The nose behind this fragrance is Daniel Moliere.

Aldehydes Pineapple Plum Cassia Bergamot

Only

Clandestine Fragrance Reviews

Yohji
Yohji

Thats a legendary one for sure! Pure pleasure to wear. I feel myself sinking in deep suedy civet polished by wild honey and herbs, with dusty fruity smokiness at the beginning, its mystical, rich, thick well pronounced plum with dark rose, liqueur-ish aftertase, not much of tuberose on me - all to the better, a powerful, memorable, would be loved by amateurs of Krizia Teatro Alla Scala, Balahe Leonard and Gem Van Cleef.
Luxury and sensuality of gone epoch.
Good for those who can appreciate such beauty

mymlan
mymlan

Clandestine is an 80's fragrance with all that comes with that: It's bombastic, so cluttered with everything: plum, tuberose, carnation, jasmine, civet, pathouli and so on... Beautiful, powerful, sweet and very very animalic. I enjoy the ride and in the end it dries down on so much civet that I can hardly smell anything else. I recommend Clandestine to anyone who loves deep and big floral-animalic 80's fragrances. Five years ago I would have bought a bottle instantly, but now, thinking about how many fragrances I have I wonder when I'm going to wear it? It seems like I have moved on from most vintage fragrances today, some of them are a bit too animalic for my taste and I feel a little uncomfortable wearing them in public. But I will surely enjoy the large sample I have, on my own ;) .

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Clandestine is a peculiar sort of young and playful chypre, with naughty and dirty nuances made more "colourful" and light by a wild, teenish-irreverent soul. The structure itself is quite classic: the opening is fruity-plummy, suddenly darkening towards a warm floral-resinous accord with also benzoin, aldehydes, lavender, rose, carnation, herbs and the usual composition of chypres – just without leather (at least to me). The result is however more dry, metallic, "angular" if compared to more opulent chypres: to this extent, the bottle quite fits the scent. I appreciate the contrasts between the musky-dirty side and the flowers, it has a certain sensuality but as I said, somehow young, even "naif", like a young girl which wants to feel more mature and play the "lady" card. Carnal, but friendly and somehow fun too - I can't explain why I get this feeling, but as I said, this feels playful to me. I guess this may have to do with the era this went out – 1980's hedonism and the "discovery" of younger targets by brands and agencies, versus the mature, "vamp" lady of the '50s... I see why this chypre smells a bit different from the more classic and austere (or overly "sexy") ones. Finally a dark and long-lasting drydown. Not memorable to me, but nice.

7,5/10

roseombre
roseombre

Opposite pyramid.

Younger lolita of the 80s when drydown.
Like a miss universe 1986.

Femme fatale on the top.
Plenty middle age woman conscious of her sexuality, mathernity and cruelty all perfume long.

50s style honey classic sweet dirty formula almost animalic.

Multi face fragrance.

Lux luxurious perfume.

Honey dark plum essence

Divine divine divine.

A superficially understood perfume.

I figure Catherine Denevue into a silk or even leather tailleur in "The Hunger" wear this perfume.
Or a Grace Kelly dressed for the Opera into a hitchcock movie coming enveloped with clandestine.

Iris_it
Iris_it

A delicious plum in the opening followed by a beautiful and well surrounded tuberose and a subtle sweetness in the drydown . I have the Edt version . I find it gorgeous , longlasting and ... sexy !

piahellgren
piahellgren

VERY sexy, almost dangerous.

kl99
kl99

An oniric vision. A dark mysterious draped figure, under an acacia tree at noon. ripe fruits fallen at his feet.

A rich fused gold, spiced magma honey, with an hidden black soul. So woman in fur.

After have written this two sentences above I made a check at the reviews of that time: I had in my mind the reminiscence of 75 ingredients for Clandestine, but I've found that we talk about 95 (!) different flowers into the composition (I do not take any responsability to that declaration). I also read that the name "clandestine" is understood as: the other undercover woman inner to every woman. The one who makes bad things under an apparently trasparent person (I thought it was just a captivating name with a nice ring). That's why the fragrance has been thought to be with lights and shadows. They reach the goal. And I confirm my sensations.

"Personals": My uncle, her brother, gave it to my mother as christmas present in the 80s. Was a coffret with a pair of black gloves in lycra with a blue botton. Like an elegant french serial killer sponsorized by Guy Laroche. She hates strong perfumes Mata Hari style. I made the same mistake with Coco, but I was young and ingenuous. So she never weared it. the bottle is there. To me is the perfume of Christmas, well, it officially goes, cause the honey, dried fruits, date palm, gold everywhere, furs, heat need.

passionata20

Now that i have both EDT and big bottle of EDP versions i must admit that i like more EDP version of Clandestine since it is firstly more lasting and second it has more intensivity and is more sweeter than EDT. I guess this is because of the alcohol concentration, but the EDP bottle that i have i guess is quite old from those days when they used nautral musks and civet in perfumes, because it even feels little bit like oily (not like oil, but i guess you know what i mean).
The scent is fantastic and i am waering it now. I guess i have to buy couple more bottles of this wonderful fragrance.

Still looking for the pure parfum concentration that should be really marvellous!.

passionata20

Malizia wrote: "What is the Edition Noir of Clandestine? It's a different perfume or just the bottle is different?"

Yes, i also would like to know that!

passionata20

Hi Action! It really reminds me in someway of Vendetta. You nailed it! I do not remember how Gio smelled like but Clandestine is a very good fragrance and so sad that this one has been discontinued. I do not understand why Guy Laroche has now only Fidji and Drakkar Noir left in selection.

Hi Passionata!
I love this perfume very much too!! I would say it goes into the fragrance family of C'Est La Vie, Vendetta and Gio original.
I love them all and have them all!
Good luck!

passionata20

I do not think this is a floral fragrance. This is musky and animalistic to me and i love it first when it´s applied and the drydown, but the in between is not so fascinating for me. Reminds me very much of something but i can´t remeber what it smells like. The plum and pineapple notes are delicious, i also love the combination of carnation and rose what makes this perfume not too sweet and not too bitter. Very well balanced. If you can get it, then definitly try it. I´ve heard that the pure parfum is/was much much more better than the EDT version, but it is nowhere to find anymore.

If someone has a hint where to get the pure parfum or EDP concentration please drop me a line. I´d love to have them.

kraxa
kraxa

I've found it in one of the online outlets, the only "problem" is they're charging 200 GBP per 50 ml bottle- please tell me, is it worth it? Obviously there is no way to smell it prior to purchase...

I would really really love to have a large bottle of this.....sigh...

Nemia
Nemia

This was the first perfume my husband gave me as a present. I forgot the name but remembered the distinct bottle and the lovely scent - and I combed this site to find the name! I tried every possible search option - the color search is great but yielded no results.

Then I remembered when my husband gave it to me - on my birthday in 1988 - and then search was easy. I'm glad I found it and would love to buy it again.

This is a perfume for a sophisticated lady. I'm surprised to see it characterized as floral - for me, it resembles Samsara a bit, it has some oriental, warm base to it. It's a winter perfume, a long lasting perfume, black cashmere keeps the scent for ages.

cora
cora

This is absolutely rare parfum! Not easy to find anywhere, but if you find it you would have a natural pleasure to use every drop of it! Fresh and rich, deep and light at the same time. Never had one face, every time it change aroma. Try to catch ... Sometime I thought this scent behaves as a capricious young teenage girl.Just like me 30 years ago! Lovely!

eljayebee
eljayebee

Was surprised to see that there is no gardenia note in this perfume,as on me gardenia is even more skanky than tuberose,and this is definitely skanky.Very close to the old Jungle Gardenia by Tuvache,but not quite as strong.I like it quite a bit,but it took a couple tries before I 'got' it.

amelie
amelie

I would just like to come again to this beautiful perfume, I remember the plum that was magic and mysticism that makes this a particularly lovely fragrance. Clandestine was strong, I would compare with that strength of Lou Lou. Today would have been Elixir, so rich and complex.
Really strange that a lot of good perfume ended up in a museum!

Malegria
Malegria

When I smelled it out of the bottle, I was too afraid to apply it on my skin - the scent was rich, intoxicating, musky.I thought it did not have anything attractive at all! Fortunately, later on I met a person, who`s favorite perfume - and she did not wear anything else - was Clandestine.It was so her. She was a tall, voluptious woman, with dark long hair and heavy look.On her - it was marvelous. Sweet and spicy, it also had some animal-like notes to it, like a collar of a mink coat.It was almost glowing around her!I never dared to try it on myself because I knew it will never "sound" the same way on me and I didn`t want to spoil this feeling of surprise and awe that Clandestine made me feel.

Clandestine by Guy Laroche 4.41 out of 5 based on 129 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guy Laroche Clandestine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guy Laroche Clandestine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Clandestine by Guy Laroche. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Clandestine by Guy Laroche represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.