Designers » F-H » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Drakkar Noir Guy Laroche for men

Drakkar Noir Guy Laroche for men
dislike

I have it: 876 I had it: 769 I want it: 226 My signature: 25

Drakkar Noir Guy Laroche for men Pictures Drakkar Noir Guy Laroche for men Pictures Drakkar Noir Guy Laroche for men Pictures Drakkar Noir Guy Laroche for men Pictures Drakkar Noir Guy Laroche for men Pictures Drakkar Noir Guy Laroche for men Pictures Drakkar Noir Guy Laroche for men Pictures Drakkar Noir Guy Laroche for men Pictures

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche is an aromatic fougere fragrance for men. Drakkar Noir was launched in 1982. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Wargnye. Top notes are rosemary, artemisia, lavender, basil, lemon verbena, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are coriander, carnation, cinnamon, juniper and jasmine; base notes are leather, sandalwood, fir, amber, patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Rosemary Artemisia Lavender Basil Lemon Verbena Bergamot Lemon Mint

Coriander Carnation Cinnamon Juniper Jasmine Angelica Wormwood

Leather Sandalwood Fir Amber Patchouli Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar Pine Tree Needles resins

Lomani pour Homme
Caesars Man
Dakar

Drakkar Noir Fragrance Reviews

ShaverX
ShaverX

The drakkar that is being sold in drug stores across America is not the same drakkar that I wore back in the early 90's. It was never a shaving cream and patchouli bomb that smells like old people. I remember it as a fresh sweet lemony leather oakmossy scent that girls went crazy over. I really don't think teen girls of the 90's went crazy over shaving cream patchouli, or did they. Am I right or wrong. It's different now and not for the better.

Fate By Number
Fate By Number

I never used this until maybe the late 90's early 2000's so to me it isn't that dated. Regardless, it is by far the most complimented cologne I have ever worn. In fact, it is more complimented by far over all the other colognes I have tried combined. I just wear it, dont tell anyone what it is, and it is the secret that keeps on giving...compliments. I haven't really smelled anything like it. It will always be in my collection. It is hard to explain what it smells like other than maybe cedar, powder, oak moss and much more.

Pros: Most compliments ever, lasts, smells great, unique
Cons: None
10/10 as I cant fault it for the number of compliments it generates.

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

For those of you complaining about dated fragrances, etc., and sneering, you're likely still young, and haven't sniffed as many smells as you will have in another 25 years. When you're younger, you tend to be more influenced by what is around you. Advertisers know this so they target you during this time period. They know once you establish what you like, you will pay much less attention to their marketing messages, so it's not worth as much to them to spend money advertising to more mature people.

If you are writing off scents merely because they were created during your mother's/father's day, or because they don't smell like everything else that's around, you may well be missing out on a great deal of the pleasure to be found in the world of scent.

I only discovered Drakkar Noir perhaps around 1998-9, and fell in love with it. I still love the fragrance, and haven't smelled anything for men that I like nearly as well in the past 15 years.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I am not going to be popular for this, but I bought a fine dupe of D. N. today - at Walmart!

Belcam Shop fragrances are of fine quality and a joy to smell. They include versions of CK, Hugo Boss, and many more.

Failing Walmart, these excellent scent impressions can also be had at BelcamShop.com. I'm not affiliated with the company in any way, just a very satisfied customer. :)

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I couldn't stand this fragrance when I first tried it; it smelled so much like the typical men's fragrance from back in the '80. You know the type I'm talking about with a smattering of twenty-to-thirty ingredients...hit it with a touch of carnation, violet and a half-dozen other floral notes, include some kind of leather note for ghits and siggles, and top-it-off with a ton of oakmoss. Viola! You've created your typical 1980s cologne that is spicy, a bit floral, a bit leathery, a bit woody, a whole lot messy and practically indistinguishable from the other colognes back in the day.

Of course, I also recognize that I have a negative olfactory bias towards fragrances from this era since I developed fragrance allergies in the early '80s while as a scout sniper. Yep, for more than 25-years I could not stroll down a perfume isle nor step foot into a Yankee Candle Store. Moreover, the women in my life could not wear anything stronger than fruity body lotions and mists. I headed the other direction whenever I smelled some dude wearing an 80s/90s cologne such as Drakkar, Brut, Old Spice, etc. They all smelled the same (not in a good way) and they all made me wheeze and sneeze.

Fast-forward 27-years and my fragrance allergies have completely disappeared, and I cannot get enough of fine fragrances; I wear them morning, noon and night. Unfortunately, I do not consider Drakkar or many of the '80s powerhouse colognes to be very good. I do realize that I have a bias, but I've had a fragrance awakening (i.e., my olfactory senses fall asleep during Hai Karate and Old Spice and woke-up when fragrances were...well, actually quite spectacular) and so many of the old classics are disgusting to me. How Green Irish Tweed was created during this era is a complete mystery to me.

Anyway, I appreciate these fragrances from an historical perspective--and I forced myself to wear Drakkar into the office today--but I received no compliments and I do not feel large-and-in-charge like I do when I'm wearing Aventus, Leather Oud, Dior Homme Sport, Allure Homme or a hundred other fragrances in my collection. To me, Drakkar is not a fine fragrance...but I do respect it and therefore do not dislike it. C'est la vie!

blake123
blake123

For a guy like me who is in his early twenties, there are plenty of others out there that would work so much better in my opinion. This was a gift, and iv'e worn it a few times but its just not for me. To my nose, it just smells generic and cheap. It would definitely suit the older crowd better. The only time i would even consider wearing this, is maybe at the gym, but even then i have others i would choose over this one. It's a good smell don't get me wrong, but just not for me. Giving it away to someone who would appreciate it more.

nemesis76
nemesis76

Bow down to the black knight of mens colognes and fear not wearing thy fathers scent! This classic brew is said to be out dated, old, not like it used to be but why? Because many have tried to replicate its formula over and over again to where many just got turned off. Just take one look at the amount of notes it contains its huge. Many colognes will have several of Drakkar Noirs notes in its recipe and still wont be as popular as this was in the 80's.

No doubt its pass its prime but its still on display next to Cool Water, Acqua di Gio, Nautica, Armani, CK, etc. That means somewhere in this world a man is attracting the women to him. Older women maybe haha but never the less it still attracts attention. The woody smell mixed with that very familiar fresh spice is amazing. Longevity is pretty impressive it went strong for 6 to 7 hours. Sillage was a plus too it was arms length and beyond.

Why the hate? Other colognes are not being bashed like this one but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. But try it if you have not while I go and slay some dragons and knock down the Berlin Wall again!

9 out 10

lollero
lollero

There is nothing wow about this scent. I know it's a classic and that's how it should stay. I can't wear it that much because it smells like shaving cream. That just isn't unique enough. I don't think the compliments will fly on my direction when I'm wearing this. At least not from the younger people. The smell is pleasant and not overwhealming though.
Pros: It's pleasant.
Cons: It's pleasant.

Madholm
Madholm

I wore this in middle school way back when so to me it's completely dated and completely unappealing to me now. I can still recognize anyone wearing it and for some reason these people tend to drown themselves in it which makes it even that much more offensive. If these guys wouldn't over do it so much I might find it more pleasing, but it seems to be worn by people who think it's a shower in a can (from my experience). I'd honestly be happy if they discontinued this scent; no joke.

JulianArmando
JulianArmando

I wanted to try this scent out because I'd used my dad's Azzaro Pour Homme from the 80's a few times, and I really liked the way that one smelled, so I thought that I would feel similarly about this one, being the classic that it is. Unfortunately however, I was wrong. I'm young and so I've only smelled the new formula, and my youth may also be a factor in my opinion, but to me this fragrances is a bit too heavy. I knew I was expecting something strong when I went to try this out, but when I put it on, it literally blew me away with its intensity, except not in a good way. In modern high school hallways this would scare away both girls and guys, not simply because of its strength, but also because it's a scent too much unlike those that are common among youth culture-Acqua di Gio, Polo, Nautica, Axe (lol).. I can get away with wearing my dated Azzaro every once in awhile, but this one is just a bit too much. I really want to like it so I think I'll try it again in a few years, but for now its not for me.

retsmd
retsmd

I am truly fond of this scent.

This was another one of my college fragrances back in the day.

Just like CK Eternity, RL Polo, PR XS and BR Classic (among others), it transports me back to a time when disco was a weekly thing, where I had less white hair, a smaller waistline, and countless adventures (and misadventures).

Just like Eternity, it is still popular in my beloved tropical country (Philippines) - though usually aligned with the older generation.

Scent 5/5
I am not really a notes connoisseur. Though I've been splashing and spraying myself with different fragrances for the longest time, I am clueless when it comes to identifying the individual notes (except for the very obvious ones). But this one smells great. Great on me. And great when I smell it on others. It's like a (positive) mood changer for me. A nostalgia fest and a revitalizer rolled in one.

Projection 3.5/5
Moderate projection. It is far from cloying and just politely makes its presence felt.

Sillage 3.5/5
Moderate sillage as well. It leaves a trail of good vibes. It's a rather popular scent and I could see a smile or two from colleagues from time to time.

Longevity 3/5
I am that type which "eats" up fragrances. I am pretty sure my diet, my skin type and my sweat glands play a big role. Typically, I get 4 hours from this. 6, if I'm lucky.

I love this Guy Laroche gem. I'll always have this in my personal collection.

I picked this up because the price was good and i was looking for a "black" or dark fragrance. Upon trying it I immediately recall this scent from my father when i was a kid in the late 80's and early 90's. I am quite fond of the scent. Perfumes act differently on everyone, reviews are subjective to that fact.

Scent 8/10
on me, the top notes dissapear within an hour. The middle notes are gone in another hour, except juniper and jasmie which linger slightly longer. The basenotes remain strong and fade equally. Until it fades, leather, sandalwood, amber, and patchouli are in the forefront, especially sandalwood and leather.

Sillage 7/10
Moderate projection which I like for this scent. It doesn't punch passerby's in the face but politely and reasonably makes it presence known for 3/4 of its longevity.

Longevity 8/10
I have a hard time with most fragrances and longevity because of my skin type. typically i get 6-8 hours out of an EDT and around 10 out of an EDP. This was a solid seven so it certainly was a surprise.

I really enjoyed this fragrance. It is a pleasant addition to my collection that I will enjoy for a while.

doggie
doggie

This product was the first, and there has still been no other like it. The spicy amalgamation of eugenol, clove, and cinnamon provides for more than simple aromatherapy... it energizes, it attracts. Something along the lines of a pheromone concoction. After wearing this fragrance several times, and after countless compliments, one wonders did Guy Laroche invent this, or was this somehow a formula sent to people from the Gods above... More than feeling the Power, one feels Alive wearing Drakkar Noir. Stay thirsty for more of this, my Friends.

C@nn@r
C@nn@r

It's a nice scent. It's an old school barber shop/80's style scent that is still very pleasant. Like the previous review, I also am reminded of shaving cream or aftershave type of smell. I can distinguish the oakmoss, leather, lavender, lemon, with spicy woods in the background. One of the biggest problems I noticed was the projection and longevity. What happened? I sprayed twice on the same spot on my forearm for testing and not even 2-3 hours later is was less then a skin scent! Even pushing my nose up to my arm I could barely smell it! Even at its discounted prices I think I am going to pass...

jf72
jf72

This is so soapy (not musky) it smells like a perfumed Gilette/Palmolive Shaving Foam - annoyed I can't put my finger on exactly what.

this is lovely and as a 23 year old guy, although I wouldnt wear it personally I can't see how it is dated or would be seen as offensive.

dylan.kohout
dylan.kohout

I wear this when I want to smell manly. People say this fragrance is dated, and sure I'd have to agree, but it is still very wearable, and many people will enjoy smelling this fragrance on you. This fragrance to me is just a very clean, barber-shop like smell.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

My first real love, back in the early 90's, wore this, and I've never gotten over it-though I did get over him. Smelling it brings back that giddy whirlpool of post-adolescent, first-apartment sex, of being late for work in the morning, of the way his car smelled and why I always wanted to wear his sweaters even though they were miles too big for me. The formula has changed, but it's still close enough to stir my blood.

pronose

this is not what it used to be! the formula has changed and the scent also!

ShawnTaylor
ShawnTaylor

Not my favorite even when it was new. It works for some but no more than one spritz. Any more than that and you risk assaulting the senses of the entire room.

Drakkar has aged as well as L.A. Gear. Which is to say, not well at all.

Yes, L.A. Gear is still around

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

The scent of Drakkar Noir has always been very familiar to me.. As a child my mother had a cologne by the name of "Canyon Cologne" on the shelf.. It was made by Bath & Body Works, and basically was their imitation of Drakkar Noir.. It came in a purple bottle which was my favorite color so I occasionally would have my mom squirt me with it and I loved the smell.. Well Canyon Cologne was discontinued many years ago.. It was not so long ago when I ran into that same scent but this time it was in a black bottle and it was called Drakkar Noir.. Drakkar Noir opens up with bergamot, lemon, verbena, lavender and some other things like rosemary but this is not a fresh citrus scent.. The citrus notes give a fresh opening but it smells strong and dark right from the opening.. After a few minutes the citrusy notes disapear and the warmer notes start to take over.. There are hints of juniper, cinnamon, and woods that pop out while the soapy lavender still remains from the opening.. There is also some fir and some pine but there is a big dark leather note that runs throughout Drakkar Noir and all these other notes sit upon it.. The leather is what makes Drakkar Noir but it is hard to detect as a note because it is blended in with everything else so well that it doesn't smell like the usual leather note.. Drakkar Noir is a scent that is fresh and clean but dark, warm, and dirty at the same time and that is what makes it unique.. Drakkar has that classic masculine fougere vibe but it smells sexy and daring.. You can easily see why this was such a big hit back in the 80's.. A lot of people say that Drakkar smells dated or like an old man but I think that is the farthest thing from the truth! This is one classic fragrance that will remain timeless.. I never was able to experience the vintage formula but I can imagine it was richer and better quality, and much more of a powerhouse.. This current formula has moderate projection and longevity.. But I will always love Drakkar because it was a part of my childhood and it was a part of what created my passion for fragrance.. This is a great scent that every man should try at least once!

JuicyBeatz
JuicyBeatz

OOH this cologne really exists!
Anyone recognizes this from that Family Guy episode? LOL That's how I commemorate it with. I now I'm pathetic excuse me for my lack of knowledge of the perfume world -_- By looking at the notes, overall rating and reading some of the reviews here.. I want to try this, seems nice. I like to try out men's cologne. :)

LanceDior
LanceDior

Dirty, rugged, masculine and brooding. An aromatic powerhouse with dark sexual connotations. To me it smells like a more citrusy Kouros, without the antique vibes. I've found the best times to spray this on are after a shower at the gym or when you just need that fresh manly kick.

batty
batty

This stuff is not even a shadow of what I remember growing up in the 80s. It used to smell sweeter,it was stronger and lasted longer. Also the ingredient quality was way higher, more natural clean. I hate the urinous quality in this now, also found in quorom. I do like Guy Laroche Horizon still after all these years.

DSun
DSun

My last bottle of Drakkar was bought in 1990 and I remember it quite well. I had the soap, shower gel, deodorant and aftershave, too. How I loved it! Recently, out of nostalgia, I bought another one and I was not surprised that it had been reformulated. The king is dead, long live the king.

So, now I am trying to write a review for the new formula, but it seems impossible without comparing it to the old. I would say the top notes are almost the same, but most definitely synthetics replaced the old. The sillage is now moderate when it used to be a sillage monster (which, I think, is a good thing).

Lavender now dominates the heart notes, while the others fade into the background. Understandably, wormwood and juniper are gone: banned by IFRA, replaced with dihydromyrcenol. The ensuing citrus-melon-lavender combination lends it a soapy feel.

The most dramatic change is in the drydown. The leather, oakmoss and musk combo is barely there, as close to nothing as it could possibly get. And then quickly disappears, only leaving behind some pine and, again, lavender.

Longevity is two hours on my oily skin.

This is a reformulation so obviously designed to appeal to a 21st century market dominated by Acqua di Gio, Cool Water and Calvin Klein unisex clones. Drakkar Noir in its current sorry state cannot compare to today's most popular fragrances. Its ingredients just won't let it. Too cheap and synthetic smelling, it is mostly relying on its past glory. Pity. It was such a wonderful, wonderful fragrance totally deserving of its immensely singular popularity.

Addenda: 1. To people saying that the new Drakkar Noir is an 80's scent. No, it is not. It is "reminiscent' of it, but juniper, verbena, wormwood, oakmoss, and a few other crucial ingredients have been replaced or removed. The top notes are mostly similar (not identical!), but the heart and drydown are too different for it to be considered the same fragrance 2. Glycerin didn't help with the longevity issue.

*****
My apologies for the long drivel, but for me, this is the most destructive reformulation I have ever come across...and to do that to the most iconic of 80's scents leaves me incredulous.
*****

ergun.can.ilhan
ergun.can.ilhan

the new formulation is very close to duc de vervins lets say a little darker version of it. on my skin longevity is about 2 hours which is quite disapointing, projection also lacks.

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

this is one of the scents i love... this was addicting when i was younger... my dad used to wear this... my cousin had this... i got a bottle... and it's just not as i once remember it... it's not bad but the staying power is not that good... and for some reason, i cannot smell some hidden sparkling sweet rhum like notes that i should...

sranjit
sranjit

It seems to be the Spicebomb of our parent's generation! I blind-bought it. The opening is uplifting and i could smell basil, sandal and some greener notes among other items. It lasts for over six-seven hours on my skin with a pleasant dry down. It certainly stands tall in today's clutter of fruit juices and syrups. It's worth a try.

6opar
6opar

Well, I don't really agree it's dated. The fact that today's fragrance houses focus on fresh aquatics and sport odors does not mean that a good perfume is dated. Yes, it probably won't suit many 20 year or even 30 year old guys, but it's again up to the wearer. Though the Neymar tag tries to convince us in the contrary.
When I spray Drakkar Noir I feel relief, an utter joy of the well blended lavender rosemary combo. I am a fan of both. This is an aromatic close to the genre's best. I think the notes listed above are not all correct, and in fact DN is not a complicated stuff at all, it's rather simple with a fine woodsy leather drydown. The pity I have is that unfortunately I won't be able to try the original releases. ****(*)

xizi
xizi

*sigh* being new to the word of scent I bought this on a whim. I will start off by saying that in and of itself, Drakkar Noir is not a bad scent, but it comes with many not-so-positive connotations. I am only 20 years old so I was not around for the 80's but from what I gather this seems to be the "axe body spray" of that era. So I sadly have to agree with others when they say this scent is dated. I doesn't come across to me as a mature scent, but rather a obnoxious high school/frat boy cologne. It smells too similar to other body products (shower gel, shaving cream, deodorant, etc.) It has powerful silage, anymore than half a pump and its overdone. Long wear time, 6+ hours for me. The packaging is a little cheap looking. I'm not a note connoisseur but I initially get a sharp peppery smell in the beginning until it layers down to a more generic soapy "sporty" scent.
That being said I personally do like this smell, I just don't like the "vibe" it gives off. And I dislike ripping on any particular scent too much because I feel like if the wearer likes it, thats all that should matter but quite frankly, I'm a bit embarrassed to wear this myself other than in my own home or perhaps just out running errands.
So I recommend to anyone brave enough to rock this scent, to go easy on the trigger, best worn during night time and in colder weather.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

I had high hopes for this one as it's known as a classic from the 80s, but I was underwhelmed.

People mention DRAKKAR in the same sentence as LAGERFELD PHOTO... which astounds me, because LAGERFELD PHOTO is one of the best classic/modern balanced fragrances to date... DRAKKAR is rather dull and seems to be riding on it's reputation rather than anything else. Don't get me wrong, I think it's nice, but I expected so much more from all the respect given to this scent. Maybe it's my skin, I don't know?

The opening citrus smells precisely like LOMANI POUR HOMME (which is dirt cheap), but dries down to somethng completely different. DRAKKAR NOIR dries to a subtle cool herbal/liquorice styled feel which is nice.

Overall, the opening is a generic blast of citrus, followed by an interesting dry down.

Nice, but over-priced... get LOMANI PH.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: moderate
LONGEVITY: moderate
SCENT: good.
VALUE FOR MONEY: average

OVERALL: 5/10
---------------------------------------------

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

hmmm, have they done something to it? I quite like it, I seem to remember it being more of a powerhouse fragrance, smells a little to me like a Lynx fragrance from the cheaper aisle. It's a bit woody, a bit leathery, but nothing amazing. Nice for work, 6.5/10

jenscot
jenscot

Sexiest fragrance for men ever! Had a coworker spray this on my phone at work. Wow!

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

I love the body spray and use it to boost the cologne. I usually do the body spray then two hits, no more, of cologne. I've been wearing this scent for 25 years and find myself buying a new bottle every time I run out. It's a scent that I have to be in the mood for to use. When I was a teenager this was in my arsenal and still is today...

Melany99
Melany99

Definitely masculin!
Very sexy, seductive and melting my knees!

jackfort
jackfort

Nothing I can do about it; this old school frag makes my girl weak in the knees...

For me its a 7/10 max
But for her its a perfect 10

Rod1969
Rod1969

I picked this up for $20 for a 100ml bottle, missed out on this in the 80's when it was all the rave and thought I couldnt go wrong at that price. I agree strongly with the reviews of freshly showered, strong and long lasting. One spurt(ONLY)on the chest after a shower,then sit back and enjoy....7/10

dubairob
dubairob

Drakkar Noir for me has none of the negative associations or experience of olfactory overkill that others seem to have with this fragrance. It was not saturating the air above the dancefloors of my youth and no uncles were dousing themselves in this before family functions, etc....so all is clear in my mind. In that respect, I can come to this to give as fair an account as possible.

When I first tested Drakkar Noir it initially smelled to me like the motherlode of every deodorant/antiperspirant that I had ever experienced. Not a bad smell, just very generic, giving me a 'Why bother?' feel to it. I gave it another couple of tries and began to like it a lot more. For me, the important question is 'When can I wear this fragrance?'....and if I can think of at least 10-20 occasions in the year when I could, well I might just make the purchase.

With Drakkar Noir, I found that it suited perfectly as a post-gym fragrance....just after a workout and shower it gives a tremendously clean feeling with just a couple of sprays. It also gives a feeling of coolness and relaxation - maybe that fir and oakmoss combination - that is really very nice as well. I have purchased a small 50 ml bottle which never leaves my gym-bag and I am very happy with using the fragrance at least a few times a week...a lot more than I would have ever envisaged with this fragrance, to be honest! (As an aside I am surprised that so many pick Drakkar Noir as an Autumn/Winter evening fragrance, presumably for social events, etc....there are much better choices for such times these days. I don't believe it has the versatility that it once had.)

All said, I have (re)learned some lessons from Drakkar Noir.....wearing fragrance is most definitely about when to wear it and in what circumstances; don't underestimate how even villified classics still have a relavance or role (though that may have changed considerably over the years); and never judge a fragrance by other people's associations (and indeed your own initial ones).

Drakkar Noir can be enjoyed for pennies. I highly recommend it for post-gym wear and it beats off any top level designer 'sports' or 'fresh' flankers easily.

Just make sure to be easy on the trigger....

funnyboy
funnyboy

Tried this yesterday,For old times sake as I remember it back it the 80's.
Surely a lot harsher now but lasts 6hrs plus.
The opening is rather chemical and green.The woods then appear and then it left me with a toilet cleaner type disinfectant smell.
Not sexy at all and would clear anyone nearby's olefactory passages.
Suitable for an old person to mask smells.if you know what I mean!
Longevity 9 out of 10. 6 hrs plus.
My rating 2 out of 10.
For price,£22.50 for 100mls you are better off buying a cheap range that smells better.e.g one of the Beckham fragrances or Jovan.
This is my opinion..

Sam37
Sam37

very nostalgic, simple yet complex perfume,
like it very much.

rum
rum

As a young person growing up in the UK, I remember this fragrance quite well. It was one of the power houses of the 80s and you were just "cool" if you wore it!
I caught up with it a little bit later than that and enjoyed the simplicity of the 'soap-clean' vibe that this scent gives out. Nice, in offensive scent (don't apply too much!), that lasts and yet smells shower-fresh right from the first spritz.

GRAF
GRAF

Possibly a nice scent but not for me. I couldn't stand over an hour with it. I dont like this scent.

Oposai
Oposai

A fragrance i used to wear as a teenager in high school. My father used to wear it as well and i really like it. Now, it brings memories of old times. This scent has a manly personality and good lasting power. It's a true classic and deserves respect.

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

literally.. Drakkar Rocks ;)

Labaloo
Labaloo

Honestly, I'm at a point in the drydown of this one (vintage formula) where I swear I am smelling leather and cannabis flowers.

Later on (18-20h) in the lowest section of the base: musk, definitely.

This is a marvelous powerhouse, with such style and restraint! Glad to see a revival of attention to these super-masc classics.

Carry on.

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

The spice reminds me of wild yellowish orange. It is among the sweet smelling fragrances, and the intensity of it sometimes makes me uncomfortable, but not so much that I say I dislike this cologne.

Marcel

This is actually growing on me. It's a very nice scent indeed. And once again, it doesn't feel like an old perfume. I'm very happy with this (inexpensive) purchase .

Marcel

I didn't own this one in the 80s, but I liked the smell of it.

I think it smells similar to the original, but I don't think the original had this deodorant kind of spice that the current one has. It's the first notes. They do feel cheap. After a while, they disappear almost completely and then the perfume is quite good, at least for everyday/casual use.

It's amazing how modern this old scent can be. It doesn't feel as outdated as, say, Quorum or Xeryus.

WolverineWarrior

I just got a 'Drakkar Noir' today. I tried to find out what the name of the cologne means, and found Drakkar means dragon and Noir means black.

cdresz
cdresz

I've gone through many bottles of this. Good sprayer, distinctive fragrance. Can be cloying. I normally wear 3 sprays of most fragrances, but I only wear 1 spray of this. I can no longer wear this everyday, but once in awhile it is like an old friend.

lousif
lousif

The original formulation was my favorite fragrance. What a powerhouse. A spritz or two and both men and women found me irresistible. Granted that was a few years ago. If you loved the original, pass on this, it's a total letdown. Right out of the bottle it's strong and it reminds me of the original, but it quickly dries down to nothing, and within two hours it's completely gone. Al Rehab has a knockoff oil called Dakar. I'm told its a good recreation of the original Drakkar Noir with excellent staying power and projection. And it's only $4 for a 6ml roll on. I'll post a review of it soon as it arrives.

maab
maab

Even reformulated is a great fragrance.

Castor
Castor

A succes in such a fashion it has been copied ad nauseam. Saw all the similar blends found everywhere? No surprise.

I have the actual tone - down version which I like a lot. An aromatic fougere that is fresh in the top notes and musky / woody in the bases: it feels like a classic to be enjoyed by the wearer and the rest - people compliment this a lot as a very masculine scent in a positive way (not the way it happens when ones applies Jazz, Wife and kids saying "smells like a men's locker room").

Yes manly, but not with excessive testosterone. Rather gentlemanly, that of a mature man, that does not mean aged., a man that achieved those things that make the rest consider him as such.

It might be a common scent, but, well, it does not smell like that.

dosojosnegros
dosojosnegros

i too remember the late 80's version and how potent it was and loved every hour of it. i recently received from my son a 2004 version as he doesn't use it and compared to a newer version(both put out by Luxury Products), it's much closer to the original version. to me it has more lemon verbena and longevity is very good. the newer version is just mediocre and a tad too herbal/clove like.

WolverineWarrior

Masculine barber shop smell with a hint of cinnamon, is what I can remember from when I had this cologne.

Geordie Sam
Geordie Sam

Dark,moody,one of a kind,I also always get a bit of spearmint in it from somewhere.Winter time only.
This is REALLY growing on me,it's improving as I age.

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

I don't know if the formula's been changed, but it smells dated and not in a good way and I'm not a kid. There are so many good frags out their why waiste your time with this one.

zbansingh
zbansingh

Hey I don't know why people are saying Drakkar Noir has a poor longevity.
Even though cologne sticks to my skin really well I get 8 hours when I wear it.
And I like that the spillage is toned down. It's not obnoxious and in your face like it used to be.
I wear this cologne when I want to feel manly and sexy!!
This could easily be a signature scent!
It would be mine but coolwater is already my signature scent.
Ladies love it, I love it and you will too!

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

They changed it and got greedy. Riding on its reputation to lure you to buy something so weak you will need to buy another next month. Well I won't.

mrugraj
mrugraj

The re formulated version is so weak that it only lasts for like 2-3hours at the maximum and that too when I put on like 8-10 heavy sprays. It's more like A GEM THAT WAS !! Money wasted.. :(

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

It is a shame to read that this scent has been less potent than its older formulation. Back in the day it seemed to be the scent of the sort of confident & adventurous man your Mama warned you about. It was undoubtedly MASCULINE, carnal, dominant, alluring, dark and inviting. The Big Bad Wolf in a bottle. Or maybe its just that I was getting hit on by one too many men wearing this when I was a teen? But, damn it if they didn't smell memorably good.

This fragrance is not for just any man (though it seemed like practically EVERY man was wearing it back then), like with most fragrances...they seem best when they are extensions of yourself. So if you are the kind of guy that could care less what people think because you strut to the beat of your own drum (and have testosterone that smolders not glitters) then give this a try.

andreask
andreask

The first 10 minutes of it is a tad unpleasant , but after that a wonderful masculine fragrance , my girl friends love . I would definitely buy another batch
As for the longevity it lasts 6-8 hours on my body

mohsin4376
mohsin4376

sillage and longevity for this famous is not good at all.

Drakkar Noir

This may be an old school fragrance, if there be such a thing, but the initial first sniff of this masculine juice sent a pleasant ripple of delight through me. My mind filled with memoirs from my past, but I have never used this, nor smelled this before. After a few tests I bought it.

It smells complicated with the 25 notes as presented by Fragrantica. I cannot make out any distinctive notes, they all seem meshed together, except perhaps a “classic” mix of citrus Patchouli, Oakmoss, Lavender, and Sandalwood. And that is only after I have looked at the Perfume Pyramid again. There is also this odd rubbery smell which pops up now and again.

Overall, an attractive, very masculine fragrance that has the potential to lift your spirits and to turn a few heads.

Rating: 3.9/5

RobbieX

I really love Drakkar Noir. I said below it was unique, well, it isn't really. Lomani pour Homme is very close and, I think, every bit as nice. It was quite a bit cheaper too. That said, I will still buy the gorgeous DN when I run out. Drakkar Noir is still a real classic in my eyes (or nose).

fungest
fungest

nice frag..its for who like the classic smells

djinndc
djinndc

Drakkar is still a spectacular dark soapy scent, but isn't the nuclear bomb that it used to be. I think it's much more wearable and versatile now with the sillage tremendously closer to the skin after an hour or so. The reformulation really dialed this down. The longevity for me is 4-5 hours.

There's plenty of the clean green soapy lavender aroma in the drydown, yet still retains it's dark presence. I think it's much more intriguing to others now in it's current state, rather than giving people whiplash from previous versions. If you've never smelled it, give it a try.

Rating: 8.5/10

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

I bought it for a friend & he tested it immediately ..Still as beautiful as it is , but much weaker sillage than it used to be..I remember the older version was a sillage monster .. It's a negative & positive point at the same time ;The new re-formulation makes it a sort of a "sneaking " scent ..It keeps on sneaking to others 'senses gradually ..Instead of the older in your face presence it used to have ...Thus , it's the ultimate meeting scent , it will convince any lady sofly without knowing it ;)

Bbjr
Bbjr

Saw this up on the counter at Macy's today and figured "what the hell" and spayed some on my arm. Bam! Déjà Vu back 25 years. And u know what, it still smells good after all this time. Yea, we all complain, present company included, about reformulated versions and I'm assuming this one has been more than once. Who cares, it smells good! I think maybe we've all associated " reformulated" with " now it sucks" but maybe we need to chill out and accept that things change. I'll tell you what, it still smells better than the hundreds of frags out there today that all basically smell the same and last no longer than this reformulated DN.

durbha75
durbha75

Blind buy off the Net, and I guess I got the reformulated edition. It is a very nice, soapy smell which reminds me of my shampoo/ shaving foam, in a nice way. But does not quite fit the definition of 'perfume' as one would normally associate with the word.

But the great disappointment here is the poor strength. Minimal longevity and projection. It vanishes in less than 3 hours of application. Does not survive much longer on clothes either. I remember smelling a much more potent version way back in the 80s.

Too bad a great classic has been watered down.

Redbeard
Redbeard

DN is brash and bold, featuring citrus and a sour, smoky wood (mandarin oranges and cigarettes?) that make me picture the morning after a big party where a bunch of investment bankers all scored. There's an underlying sharp soapiness to it that I only recently detected...a little clean detergent underneath the dirty smoke. And something in the delightfully acrid base reminds me of buttered movie theater popcorn, which upon further reflection gives me somewhat mixed feelings. It's unequivocably masculine, and even though I'm sure every 18-year-old boy wore it back in the 80s, I don't think many do anymore. I certainly agree that a conservative spray hand is required to tame this beast, but with no more than a spray and a half I can appreciate its testosterone all day without just smelling like a prick to everyone. If this stuff is too jarring for you, Duc de Vervins is more mellow and green, living in the space between Drakkar Noir and Bowling Green. (Hmm, might a replacement be in order?)

ValPerfumeNow
ValPerfumeNow

with all colognes perfumes, it is based on the scent of the person wearing it, what may smell divine on one person might smell like cacka on another person.

I love drakkar. I might always.

But, like said about it depends on the individual wearing it, so having said that....

Test the cologne, perfume on your pressure points, do not rub the scent this can change it....let it air dry and allow any alcohols, etc to wear down and allow the cologne/perfume to go through its notes as it may change a few times.

Then decide if you like it and by all means ask others, usually if a perfume is right for you you might not smell it anymore on your body as it becomes a part of the scent of you, however, others can still smell it. Usually one or two squirts is plenty. Please don't swim in it. Perfume/colognes are not meant to be overpowering.

southchicagoray
southchicagoray

Still amazing after all these years. If you are into not smelling like the next guy then I can see how you would avoid it. On the other hand, if you are past that phase and wear a cologne because YOU enjoy the scent then this is a go to. Nothing like a walk in the park on a cool autumn day with a slight breeze and catching the scent of this all-time great. If you had this one in your youth revist it like I did. You'll fall in love with it all over again.

BeautifulDecay

Sorry @Tiffany4 didn't mean to insult you and generalize all 14 year old girls. I shouldn't have wrote it like that. I'm glad you like it because it's an amazing scent and I'm sure what ever friend you're with that wears it is a lucky man because he'll have your attention!

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

Bought the new reformulation and was seriously disappointed,,the new juice still smells great but the silage and longevity are gone"panic" .
So I found out on bass notes about a frag by, all rehab called, Dakar,,got the bottle off amazon for £6.50 that's including postage, and this is the closest thing to the old formulation that you could ask for.
It smells just like noir,maybe even better on the dry down, but the main thing is the longevity and silage are brilliant,,i couldn't be happier.
All so I purchased another highly acclaimed "all rehab" scent called, khaliji,,and this allso is an awesome cheaply,,bought for the same price,this is a lovely rose with oud edp,,really classy and supposed to be a clone of , r 1. I don't own rose 31 but I do love this stuff..

Sugar419
Sugar419

Love this. Sexy, dark, mysterious...just how I like my men! Great cologne, one of my favorites.

Tiffany4
Tiffany4

Hey!! @BeautifulDecay, I take offense to the 14 year old girl part. Jk, but I really enjoy this even though it's a men's cologne and I am 14 ehem ehem. Though sometimes I can't wear it because it's really strong on me and even though I like it, it doesn't seem to match my personality. But if any of my guy friends were to wear this, I would probably stick to their side like glue not being able to get enough of this scent.

maggiefung
maggiefung

Draakar Noir, nice perfume,masculine and lasting.

kenwylde
kenwylde

Let me tell you a little story about Drakkar Noir. It was 1991 and so I was just twenty-one and working as a waiter in a cool restaurant. I used to carry my waiter's gear in my backpack along with stuff I might need for the day, a toothbrush, some colgne, you get the idea. So one day somehow, my bottle of Drakkar Noir got broken and soaked through everything in my bag. The entire bottle, about 6 oz. Three things happened. One: My waiter's gear was permanently fragranced with the Drakkar Noir, no matter how many times they were washed. The smell was permanent, which was not a bad thing after about a dozen washings. Two: From that day on, the backpack was magical. Anything I would put in that bag would become infused, imbued, blessed with the magical scent. Books. Clothing. Gym towels. You name it. It was my signature scent for nearly two years, albeit accidentally. Third, and perhaps coincidentally, for those two years I worked as a waiter, I led the league in getting unsolicited phone numbers from myriad single young ladies and even, truth be known, one or two hot moms. Try it.

ImpishLisa

Say what you want, it smells expensive, it lasts, it projects. I am a woman and I love this stuff. It's sex juice, and I am a bee buzzing by it. If it smells good on you and to you? Wear it. Don't let pompous people influence you.

BeautifulDecay

I'm going to give you a legitimate review of this cologne. First of all don't listen to the morons who say it has no projection, that's false. They probably pick their nose with their t-shirt with the spot they spayed the cologne on. This cologne is very powerful so don't over do it trust me everyone can smell it even if you can't. No one wants to smell you from down the street when there's a gust of wind. It's obnoxious, repulsive, and unattractive. No women on this planet enjoys that unless their 14. It's a very manly cologne you can smell the Leather, Lavender, Cedar and Fir very distinctly and it's truly beautiful in the most manly way. I think you should give it a try at the mall before you buy it.

extrait21
extrait21

I can't even remember the last time I smelled this! I wore it in junior high in the late 80's. Back then every guy wore Drakkar Noir, Cool Water, or Obsession. I was a Drakkar guy and loved it. I see now by an add below me as I write this that it now sells for $16.20 for a one oz bottle. No thanks!

murysusanto

Hard to compare to nowdays fragrance, this probably WAS one of the best male stuff available THEN. 30 years back, I saw this in my uncle wardrobe, black bottle on his closet.

So in 1990's I got myself a bottle, and YES, it is very very manly. Although the world of fragrances has expanded so much, for me I have quite a story with lifestyle in the 80's and 90's.

You will NOT get those back, only memories linger

Wenprez
Wenprez

love it *-*

kamigreiss
kamigreiss

I actually cant tell you why I'm so drawn to this scent. Every time I smell it, it reminds me of a fresh shaven man, with a little spice and masculinity. Definitely not a day fragrance or a work one. Drakkar Noir is best left for the night. I know it has much love and hate, but I prefer this on a man over any D&G or Armani scent. I hold out hope that more readily available men's scent will swing back towards a masculine trend, and stop reeking of tropical fruit, gourmand , and lack of personality. But until skinny jeans and YOLO finally fade, I fear that day wont come stateside any time soon.

fragrantpete.
fragrantpete.

Oh that that were true Geebee249..Oh that that were true...
It hits like a shillelagh and hangs around like a sulky teen.

Geebee249
Geebee249

No projection or longevity at all. A shadow of its former incarnation.

braindeadunit
braindeadunit

I wear this when I want to draw attention to myself when entering a room. It's strong, bold, and masculine. It's great for a night out, but too loud and obnoxious for a daily perfume or an event which demands sophistication. Overall, this scent projects sexuality and confidence.

It impresses my age group (under 25) who are unaware of its cheesy bar scene reputation and reminds them of their fathers (in a good, "You're my type of man," sexy way), but I find myself shying away from older folks who's reactions show they've had enough of this scent.

In the end, when choosing a new perfume, I always find myself comparing its worthiness to Drakkar.

SecurityDude
SecurityDude

Drakkar nostalgia.....College days in the 90's, Marithe & Francois Girbaud, K Swiss, Nike Air Max, and A Tribe Called Quest. Yo phife you remember that routine...

ImpishLisa

Low cost, pricey smell. At least to me. I put it with Polo and Fahrenheit, strong, noticeable and projecting.

I have a bottle for myself. I sometimes put it on my pillow cases, and sheets. This isn't a teenager's scent. But if you're a mature 17, 18, 19 and more mannish than boyish, it may work. Forget the winter/summer stuff. It's the humidity, if you ask me. The summer heat will make this cloud your aura if it is too humid. Which is fine if you like to smell noticeably of that spicy, rich depth.

petranfx
petranfx

i am 17 years old can i wear this fragrance or it is too classy for my age

pronose

another great scent ! but since they changed the original formula the scent is not the same! too bad!

dmirror
dmirror

I usually don't like the fragrances from the early 80's or 70's i just automatically think thick old man fragrance but surprisingly this ain't bad at all its a fresh fragrance but on the heavy side it'll be great for cool days or winter i'll try it out this fall cause its really affordable you can get the set for around $40 i smelled this for the first time a few days ago at sears

Idlehands
Idlehands

I wore this stuff as a kid. It really is the one that had me hooked on frags. I know its cheap and old school. But you cant deny this stuff. If sprayed in the proper dosage its really nice. I smelled someone wearing this in the grocery store the other day and it had me looking around trying to find the source. Hate on it if you will, but its a classic. A selfish fragrance for me.

jmora09
jmora09

I have noticed something on these reviews.

Most positive reviews come from people who smelled the cologne, or have positive memories from the 80s when it was out.

However, there was a reformulation made from the original.

With that said, the reformulation basically lost the essence of Drakkar Noir, Titanic Sillage + a strong rush of Melon/Floral smell, this was double edged sword, it was the essence of Drakkar and also the reason why people disliked it.

Imagine 12-16 year olds overspraying with this Titanic cologne, of course people would have hated it, except the one who smelled it.

Overall, I feel that the reformulation is still good smelling, I do feel that you could wear this every once in a while for Office wear. But I also imagine wearing this in a Tux in France, were it fits more.

Interesting Fact: You may associate this fragance with cheap X-Mart perfumes, but in France, this costs 50 Euros a bottle since it is still considered an epitome of perfumery.

EDIT: I have come to terms with the fragance, I do believe is among par, it is really good, smells masculine to those who only use 212 or fresh colognes, try it. Its huge bouquet of ingredients make its extremely versatile for any time of the year, due to the fact that each Ingredient will stand when required. Overall a Masterpiece, you need to try it once.

Other interesting thing, the vase is not transparent, so you cannot see how many sprays are left, do I have 10 more sprays or only 1? Risky Business.

kigyo
kigyo

lost all its 80s charm by reformulation. Not even close to what it once was.

mvhooper2

This is so good. Very distinct masculine,citrus/woody/spice/oakmoss/leather. I JUST got complimented at work by a woman 17-21. She was like WOW you smell amazing, and when i told her what year it was made she stated how its been around so long because it IS that good. To be honest ive never really noticed any one else wearing this. It also dosnt have an "old" vibe at all to me. This could of came out yesterday.

the drydown is super woodsy. in fact it smells just like wood. Prob the manliest frag ive smelled to date that actually smells good.

StinkOMatic
StinkOMatic

i sniffed this one today and honest to god, do these companies smell their own creation? I don't think they do, because if they did, this would have been dead and burried a long time ago. seriously don't even consider this. A lot better out there

Smyle12
Smyle12

Can I dislike this ancient, generic, hairy-chested, open-shirt, powerhouse, fragrance twice? Please? Please???

benpaul12
benpaul12

Sales will go through the roof as hipsters will wear it in droves following Phoenix's recent song release...

Deefit
Deefit

Considering this is an early 80's fragrance, I find that it can still be worn today. It's not like the powerhouse scents from back then.

It's a classic, mature and masculine smell. I picture this on a 40 year old man wearing a leather jacket.

storm.suhoney
storm.suhoney

no wonder this stuff can be had for $11 bucks at wal-mart now...the refromulation is horrid...

Jasonlpres
Jasonlpres

1st review

Wretched

Bought 1oz (30ml) from Marshall's based on some youtube reviews and other reviews on here in the hope I would enjoy it. But it is clearly different than what my memory told me it was going to be.

I couldn't even stand the thought of having to look at this bottle, so I went outside at night and tested how many sprays you can get from a 1oz bottle. Answer is approximately 260 sprays.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I have no cultural knowledge of Drakkar Noir (I never wore it and never knew anyone who did), so it was a complete unknown to me. I was expecting a real gasser.

But, to my nose, Drakkar Noir smells quite nice and, unlike Aramis and Azzaro, has no wrong notes on me. It's a good composition. I could wear this!

I detect some leather, but it isn't overwhelming. I like the fir note. And I can smell some citrus at the start.

One reviewer made the astute observation that Drakkar seems to be the bridge between the old school fragrances for men and the current style, and I agree. It's assertive but not overbearing. But then... I didn't use the entire bottle. Four sprays. And I'm pretty sure that what I tried isn't the vintage high octane mix, but a reformulation. It's not toxic at all and doesn't seem to project.

Longevity and sillage are about on par with modern fragrances; six hours after application I am primarily smelling it on my cotton tee shirt, not on my skin.

I can see why Guy Laroche sold scads of this stuff.

My wife, when smelling it on me, simply shrugged. "Meh."

mvhooper2

This isone of the only pre-1985(next to eau sauvage,polo, and a few others) release i will use! in fact, one of the only ones i find masculine AND wearable. IMO this is the bridge between the new and old school. I do really enjoy this frag and have yet to find/collect a masuline classic as good as this. . This combines the fresh modern lemon/lavender combo with the classic and manly leather perfectly. This is such a great frag and must have been REVOLUTIONARY for its time.

jo.pinto@rediffmail.com
jo.pinto@rediffmail.com

I am disappointed with this perfume. I wasted $50 on this shit. I am not sure I have the reformulated version of this cologne. It is worst than a deodorant. No projection and longevity at all. I can hardly smell after 15 to 20 minutes. My soap would project better than this. I love the smell. It is masculine; however, what’s the point if it doesn’t project.

Back in the days, my Uncle used to wear the original formulation of this cologne, it used to smell so good. But this reformulated crap ain’t worth!!

theXRC
theXRC

Drakkar. We meet again. It's been a long time buddy! This was my fragrance for three years in high school and first couple years of college. 1992 until maybe 1997.

Drakkar is black, scent wise..."duh." Instantly recognizable to anyone who remembers the eighties and early nineties. In fact, I would bet any glam metal rocker worth their weight in sweaty leather pants and aqua net hairspray or, suburban grunge kid in flannel and cordoruys secretly loves this one to this day.

I love Drakkar. My wife hates it. Too many people wore too much of this years ago and, the negative vibes continue. Whatever. Still a classic. Still badass.

UPDATE: I'm not sorry for my nostalgic review of what Drakkar was. The Drakkar sold now is nothing like the original. I am sorry however, that this one sucks now. Somehow it got screwed up big time. Good grief! What a shame. Goodnight Drakkar.

sanzioonofre
sanzioonofre

Sincerely I am so disappointed with Drakkar Noir! It is so weak, no lasting power. It is to me just a very weak lavender water worst than most lavender colognes I use to wear before going to bed. I decided to wear it tonight and as I could not smell the scent on me I kept asking my friends if they could smell it and everybody answered no! Only one hour after application of about 10 sprays!...

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

I think it's a classic! But not for me :P Raymond, 57 ans, 35 ans ds les ventes wear it ;) Ca l'air ca marche ake les ptites poules de 25 ans ...haha, laissez moi en douter ;)

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A classic yet modern scent, I believe it was the 3rd perfume in my collection to my 12 year old.
Drakkar Noir is a fougere, practically linear. Opens with an intense chord lavender, citrus touches and reconciled to fruity, i get mandarin in my nose.
After this phase, the heart keeps cool with the touch of juniper and floral scents discrete, feel a slight cinnamon behind.
The base is composed of light touches of wood, think fir, leather, moss, which gives a sobriety to this classic.

Na0
Na0

In late 90's, when I was 10, I scent it with a sample, that was marvelous. 17 years after, I buy one bottle blindly, only trusting my memories. And, waw, I didn't make a mistake ! This is powerful, bewitching but not in an agressive way ! Spicy and a little bit floral, like it was the mode for youg men in 80's. I love searching and wearing 80's male fragrances, cause it is so different from today ones ! It has personnality which some actuals don't. I recommanded it for a men in the 20-30s who wants something different that all that cheap/spicy/fresh fragrances that invade market these days !

Drakkar Noir gets a lot of hate. Probably because it smells like a lot of people's dads. Well, it does seem best suited to an older gentleman, but there is nothing horrible or offensive about Drakkar Noir.
It smells very balmy and earthy. I detect some Angelica in here too and I'm rather fond of that note.
I wouldn't gift it to a 25 yr old, but I wouldn't wrinkle my nose if I smelled it on someone.
I don't find it dated, just different from what most men are wearing these days.

pronose

the reformulated version is terrible!!!! another great scent destroyed!!!!!!!!

jamdavmiller
jamdavmiller

First impression...leather. Thought it's not bad. I thought I would hate this. I was expecting an 80's power fragrance like Boss #1, but it's not at all like that. It is a power fragrance, but it is surprisingly not dated, and well done. I don't like fragrances from the 70's and 80's, but I must say, this is good! If you're a younger guy (teen, early 20's) and can keep an open mind, try this. It might surprise you. If you're an older guy and can go easy on the trigger, try this, if you haven't already. This is a timeless fragrance.

hadrian
hadrian

There are few juices that are quasi-immortal, a kind of "live living classics" - and Drakkar Noir is one of them.
DN is a frag of his time - it smells, it sounds, it moves like the 80s. For the genuine perfume lover, DN will remain a constant benchmark - but not necesarily an everyday odor. From time to time, you will remember it; you know it is here, close to you, as it allways was in your contemporary personal history.
In this bottle, both coriander & juniper makes the difference, and the moment of his glory arrives in the drydown, after one hour and a half. The rest is, as I said, History - with a major "H".
Overall, a deserved 8,3/10.

rudwat
rudwat

I so much wanted to be blown away by this scent based on the below reviews.

So I blind purchased a 30ml bottle throwing caution to the wind. And just as well because it seems to be an oddity.

Anyone not familiar with a Cape Malay KoekSister, please google it. Its basically a spicy doughnut, deepfried and coated in sugar syrup.

This not only smells like it, but it also smells like the residual oil- which was perhaps overused.

I want to like it, but time will tell... This ol' girl might just not be worth my time.

Msanders7
Msanders7

This used to be my go to fragrance for long days at work or job interviews. It's a classic Man's scent. Mature and no bullshit. I don't use this very often, maybe once a year if that. Not a bad scent just not me anymore.

Arctophile46
Arctophile46

I haven't smelled the reformulated version but, the original goes straight from my nose then hits me in the hormones like a baseball bat. It is marvelous stuff!

fb.candice
fb.candice

I love this on my husband (late 30s age). He sprays it in the morning and I can still smell it on him when he comes home at night. When it's first sprayed, it comes on a little too strong (scent filing up the room) but the dry down makes me want to snuggle up close to him cause it so manly, warm and hot!

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Classic frag, longevity is pretty bad, few hours tops. Almost Polo Green like in that the first 10-15 minutes can be a bit overwhelming for people around you. Smoothes out to a nice smell though overall and does get some compliments still. Overall can get lost though in the shuffle of more modern smelling things, to be expected when sold in mass drug stores.

limited Edition
limited Edition

Great fragrance

Jeffallmighty4
Jeffallmighty4

Damn this is a hard one to review. I am going my best to try to review this from the standpoint of a college student. Ok so in terms of a college student this thing is strong. Its in your face even for one spray. I happen to love this thing but in terms of the people in my path who have to deal with this thing its not always the same response. You have to have confidence when you wear it. Its like if you were to show up in high school with a 79 trans am. If you were the right person with the right "style" you could pull it off. But if your the average joe in the crowd this might not be the right starter cologne for you. Again I am just talking about this from a young mans perspective.

3gecos
3gecos

Everytime i wear this perfume the same question pops up in my head!How come so many people can consider this an old scent,are our noses that different or sometimes we are just picky!?I don't know if there is a any reformulation for it but i bought a bottle a month ago i wear it several times and i do not get any of old school vibe from it like i get from Givenchy Gentleman or Azzaro pour Homme for example(i consider those high quality old school scents).For me,moderation is the word that i think Pierre Wargnye was thinking of when he created this!Always in the classic scent the creator insisted with a note(mosc,leather,vetiver,lavender,etc)to give to his perfume a defined character but for Drakkar it's not the case!Even the lavender that i dislike it very much in to a men's cologne here seems great!I really like how the fresh notes stay through the all stages,at least for my nose!Longevity 7-9 hours and projection moderate of course.With 2 sprays you will smell fresh and clean,exactly like how a men should smell!Good job monsieur Pierre Wargnye!

Re-edit:Sometimes the longevity seems spotty 5-7 hours max,maybe it's just my skin!

Chacka
Chacka

too musky. Spray this stuff in a highschool hallway and people will be disgusted or confused.

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

i am a 23 year old woman. My boyfriend is 40. I have never heard of this until him. I put on one of his coats on a cold, snowy day-- and I was blown away with what I smelled on the leather wrapped around me.. It stopped me dead in my tracks! Never have i had such a reaction to cologne except for Dolce blue. Here, he hadn't worn this jacket since the early 90's, an old coat that'd been sitting in the closet all by itself drenched in this alluring smell. I immediately asked him what it was, and "Drakkar" it was. I found that he still has a bottle of it, and ever since, he has switched back to the Drakkar as it drives me crazy! I can hardly keep myself together when he's in the room.. ;) ! Love this on my man.
Edit: I had to edit this.. A random fragrantica member started sending me harassing messages for the fact I find this cologne sexy.. It's a sad day where I can't even review a fragrance based on my personal opinion on drakkar!

treez.are
treez.are

This one does not make women (atleast not me) weak in the knees. It must be called 'silence of the lambs'. Its absolutely the most perfect scent for a psycho working with formaldehyde and packing peeled human skin in plastic bags ! puke !! an acquaintance i knew once used to wear it. now i hate both the scent and the wearer ! haha !

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

my (older, teenage, male) cousin lived with us for a while, from about 1988-1994, and for a good chunk of those 90's years, this is what he wore. Now, i love my cousin dearly - he's the closest thing to an older brother i've got - but this stuff is an instant migraine in a bottle for me. it is apparently still popular (or the "our version" of it - i can't tell the difference) because i encounter the migraine-inducing clouds of it sometimes when i'm out and about.

fragrance is a very personal thing, and what one loves another will hate, but i try desperately to avoid people who wear this.

DNA Salli
DNA Salli

The masculine scent of the 80's in my memory. Used to adore it.Probably smells a bit dated today but still great!

kavi
kavi

The review from gooberskitty21 really made my day.

Even after years of a life lived, catching the smallest whiff of a fragrance that holds a special place in our heart can trigger so many memories, feelings and emotions which all of a sudden come rushing back... What a feeling...

I am still so intrigued as to how something like a fragrance can leave such a mark on one's life, and it is probably one reason why I'm still so motivated to want to explore the world of fragrances.

skipster
skipster

On first spray Drakkar Noir hit me in the face like an exploding Axe deodorant. Extremely green, extremely spicy, and with citrus, pine, and barbershop soap fighting for world dominance. An underlying sweet note seemed strangely out of place like a second track waiting to be faded into the picture. When it finally happened, everything settled into a fresh green-soapy scent that lasted for hours and hours.

I had to take the ride again the next day – and the next day – until I realized that this was great stuff. It was just me who had to adjust to it. Drakkar Noir may be out of fashion, but it is certainly not outdated. It is a very fresh, very strong and extremely masculine fragrance that can be enjoyed by anyone who appreciates the qualities of the hairy-chested powerhouse style. I certainly do, although I do not think I will wear this very often in public. But for a Sunday morning after the first cup of coffee – what a blast!

My bottle is brand new and as such it probably contains the reformulated, ”neutered” version. If so, the original must have been truly spectacular.

Tattooed Wolf
Tattooed Wolf

I really wanted to like this as it is an old classic. And I tried it more than a few times. I really dislike this scent. It smells like warm Carpet Fresh. (woof)

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

My first love's signature scent, and I loved him madly. I was 18 & he was 28, we had our own place. Whenever I smell this, I see him coming home from his construction gig...greasy, dirty, ruggedly hot. I was always so excited when he'd come home. I'd sit on the kitchen counter while we shared a joint & he cooked us dinner and told me about his day. Afterwards he'd make love to me like a mountain man, our sweating bodies enveloped in a cloud of drakkar noir, cannabis & a strange kinda Bonnie & Clyde 'me and you against the world' love. I don't care if people associate this scent with old men or whatever. For me its haunting, loaded with bittersweet memories of my first love. There'll never be another like it (or him..).

bugmenot2
bugmenot2

It reminds me of diluted Rocabar Hermes plus some lemon than whole fragrance quickly fades away wait minnit both Rocabar and Drakkar smels like sweeter smokier version of some shaving foam Omg Omg >_> v_v

Nekomusume
Nekomusume

I disagree with the post below me, I was 18 and my boyfriend was 19 when he discovered this scent and we both are big fans!

At first when you spray it, I must admit the notes are ALL OVER the place and it's a bit much.
On the dry down it is so sophisticated and timeless. I think a man of any age could wear it, it's just if they feel it is their kind of scent or not.

With so many notes it does look complex and even made me question "How does it all work together?!"
But it does work together. And it works beautifully.

james4sk8
james4sk8

this is definetly a older mans scent!
between 30 to 40
im 19 and made a huge mistake buying this one a long time ago.
girlfriend was not a fan!
so if your a younger hip dude do not get this one unless you wanna get friendzoned
as this lady pretty much explained VVVV

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

I have a strong memory of this on a male friend of mine. Sad to say, he was the most asexual male I've ever met...not a singly manly vibe about him..(its ok, we grew up together, and never more than friends...) that is, UNTIL, he wore Drakkar Noir. Suddenly, even though not attracted to him (even slightly) he was a female magnet...I could eat him alive...(never tried...lol)
This is the most compelling, manly scent, EVER.

Does my hubby wear it...NO, never tried it...it has too many connotations with old friend..{It would be like kissing my brother... eeeeeww.} So I always steer my hubby away from this one. Shame, mayb e I can get past my hang up, someday, as this smells divine...

NHIndian24

This scent is not outdated, don't listen to any of those reviews that say it is, I'm in high school, and I get tons of compliments on this cologne. It's great for any age and is not old-smelling or outdated!!

stromboli77
stromboli77

What can I say about this classic that hasn't been already said. Well for one....they sure don't make em like this anymore! lol It is a clean and fresh dark woody oakmoss based scent. Its definately a lot heavier and formal than most of your mainstreamers and aqua di gio ripoffs out there but still light enough to classify it as being fun. What you get out off this is is a very clean very dark spicy masculine scent that will take you back to a time when it was really cool to smell masculine!! If overdone it can get a bit cloying but with just the right amount this is as attractively seductive and beautiful as any other fragrance on the market. Solid versatility and monster siliage!! And yes I do prefer this over Fahrenheit. Timeless.

summerjet
summerjet

I took a punt on this after reading some favourable reviews. I liked the design of the bottle (very tactile). But I found the fragrance itself to be quite disturbing.
The first thing to hit me was that old toothbrush smell; not good. But that soon faded and was followed by a scent I pretty much expected. Not intense though.
The initial shocker prevents me from applying too much at once, so I would admit that I am not best qualified to comment on Drakkar's longevity. I would say, however, that I find it to be too generic. Even if it is regarded as an elder statesman, I am sorry to say that the younger bucks have more to offer.
I am glad to have it on my shelf though and I will still give it a go every so often. Respect.

Smelly Mama
Smelly Mama

This is a Classic! This and Polo reminds me so much of my teen years, and the boys I used to date. Whenever I smell them , they bring me back...and I just LOVE it.

dani_i89
dani_i89

Reminds me of an 80's version of 1 million. Smells too outdated. For those still clinging to their youth

waine

To be perfectly honest, I missed this during the eighties. I am completely unfamiliar with the scent prior to a few days ago when I blind bought this on a special.

This is without doubt one of the best “masculine scents” I have ever smelled. I am mindful of the fact that many scents one has never smelled before can smell amazing. The reason for this is one can become so accustomed to your own current collection that you get too used to your scents, as amazing as they might be in their own right.

I enjoy the citrus, floral, slightly spicy opening. Yes, it is a little soapy and a bit like grandpas aftershave, but for me this is more than tolerable in this case. The dry down is somewhat reminiscent of an eighties scent but I feel it can easily still be pulled off today. If I feel like projecting an air of masculinity, this is the juice to wear.

I am extremely happy with my bottle and I recommend you give it a test if you are unfamiliar with the scent, as I was. You may be as impressed as I am!

smellike
smellike

I like the initial citrus notes, beautiful...I've only had it on for 30 minutes....it does remind me of my grandfathers shaving cream which isn't a bad thing...

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

I smell this stuff in my early teens can't remember how this smell like I been looking up reviews bout it reading it's smells awful well my best. Advice for you is smell it before buying it :---)

ThePinkOwl13
ThePinkOwl13

Oh the memories!

When I was about 4/5 I used to sneak into my uncle's bathroom just to smell this stuff! I loved it then and still love it now at 26.

NHIndian24

This is my all time favorite cologne. The initial spray of citrus and herbs is a bit strong, but the dry down is amazing. It is woody, spicy, green, and leathery. The sillage is strong so that if you're in a group, people will smell you, but not people who are 5 feet away, so it's not overpowering, and the sillage is amazing, I get 10-12 hours out of it. This scent can be worn any time of the year, as long as it doesn't exceed 90 degrees, mainly because it adapts to the weather; in summer, it is greener and fresher, and in winter, it is warmer, darker, and spicier, and both seasons have woody and leathery notes in them. As long as you don't overspray (no more than 2 sprays), any age can wear it. I'm in high school, and it has been my signature scent for the past couple of years. I get compliments on it all the time, from guys and girls, and all of my past girlfriends have loved it, so I know from experience that it isn't dated or old smelling. But don't cast this off as a teens' scent because we wear it, like I said, any age can wear it, from 14-50. Macy's carries it, so you can test it there if you're considering trying it, which I highly recommend. TJ Maxx and Marshall's occasionally have it, so you could save a lot of money buying it there.

leogirl84
leogirl84

very sexy and dark; if Lestat the vampire wore anything, it'd be this

aventus88
aventus88

This Fragrance is for real man take this Ck one .

KeithScar
KeithScar

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche is an all time classic when it comes to men's fragrances. This is one of the ultimate 80s colognes that still stands strong til this day. I like the oakmoss and the other woodsy vibes that kick in once you spray this. Drakkar is perfect for those fall/winter evenings. Dont need much of this one to get people buzzin' A must keep in my collection and a classic that can easily be found like Cool Water, Ck One just to name a few

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

My first real cologne, so it gives me some memories. I was in love with this, but as I explored other colognes, I realized that there is a lot better out there. However, this is still good.

It is strong. Don't spray more than once or twice. If your skin projects this too strongly, spray it on a body part that doesn't project too much heat or your clothes. Wear this in winter - not summer.

spartan
spartan

A legend, of this there is no doubt. Drakkar was A king back in the 80's & 90's and A staple of my collection. Now its just A said reformulation, diluted stripped of it's majestic power and suited to fit the times. Now it's almost unisex, ( Neutered ) that's the word I was looking for! I gave my bottle away, If you want to rediscover how this smelled buy A bottle of Lomani, see my review.

Origional Scent 10/10

Current Neutered Version/ Pass not for me

Lomani 10/10

Moniky
Moniky

Delightful perfume for men's!

JohnMc
JohnMc

Famously unreconstructed in its masculinity (if a bit toned down on the original in today's format), I purchased for the first time today as the £30 reduction off the ticket price was too tempting to miss. The top notes were worth the cost all by themselves - uncompromising, strong and ever so slightly crude - my bottles of Antaeus, Obsession and Kouros now have a new member in their 'gang'.

murysusanto

Super masculine and unbeatable icon of its time, with so much going on out there and hundreds of brands, whoever used this flagship fragrance will always remember it's a Drakkar Noir, I think most guys used it on their 20's and 30's.
Drakkar Noir is timeless, never forgotten.
Still earns 10/10 definetely

justbeQ
justbeQ

I still do a double take when I pass by a man wearing this. If I'm in a department store and catch a whiff I will literally turn around and follow; just to bask in the familiarity of it for a minute. I swear I'm not a stalker!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An 80's scent which is mostly linear and saves it best until the drydown..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 -1 hour. 8 inch projection. Classic shampoo/barber shop smell with lavender prominent. This is not in any way night time or Noir to me, instead day time and more about hard work; not so much sport, but could be used when out and about, doing activities. There is no harshness or spice, instead for me this is a dated energetic smell with the more I smell to the skin, the better I like it, but I must admit its not for me at all. It is very manly, however I have Jacques Bogart Pour Homme as my tonic fot that.

1 hour -2 hours- 6 inch projection, linear.

2 hours - 3.5 hours - 2 inch projection tops. I was expecting a projection bombshell, but this goes close to the skin quite quickly.

3.5 hours - 8 hours. Close to the skin, the drydown is best, towards the end there was a little tangy edge which when is the nicest bit.

Not for me

tysonbeck
tysonbeck

Classic perfume but the new formulation and its plastic bottle does not match up with the original one. Still love it!

mrcontinental
mrcontinental

Yup! I took the plunge and have gone completely retro. I've had enough of the newer offerings and am done experimenting. I finally broke down and grabbed this favorite of mine from back in the day. I don't care if it's instantly recognizable, it does the job it is intended to do and makes you smell like a man.

I picked up Santos de Cartier and Antaeus this past weekend and I'm not done. My next purchases will be big, fat, obnoxious bottles of Aramis, Kouros and Opium. Loud and proud is my motto from now on.

He's back!

Fonna
Fonna

It hits you with lavendar, knocks you for a loop into the pine trees....and your smelling great. It sweeetens up and gives you a tall glass of cold lemonade laced with basil.

This is a clean, unique, fragrance for men. Not overpowering or sweet.

Rolling777
Rolling777

I bought some..a.long time ago..still have some left. It was in the late 90's so i don't know if its the older formula. Based on the formula i have it smells great to me. I know it last because i keep smelling it. 1-2 sprays lasts and lasts. I still have almost half of the bottle because i don't wear cologne often. I would recommend Drakkar Noir to any who wants a manly scent and a good one at that!

I bought some Cool Water and am somewhat disappointed. To me, i can't seem to smell it, even under my nose on my neck! Just a slight smell so not sure if it projects sence i can't seem to smell it on me. My next purchase will be Egoïste Platinum by Chanel based soley on the reviews of this site

word-doctor
word-doctor

Probably the first cologne I used (80s/90s). Was never part of the club scene (or any scene) so don't have the associations that many do. I find it unsubtle and unilinear, but its notes are the right ones for me. I don't have a sophisticated nose, so mostly I get the "base" notes that are identified, even right after application. Maybe a little citrus up front. I'd wear this again, probably just during fall or winter. Wife likes it on me.

del
del

I know to some people, Drakkar Noir is a classic. But this is just not for me.

I was a young teenager back in the early 90's when I first tried this; I liked the opening: fresh and sweet. But it quickly transformed to a whole different scent that smelled like a B.O. So I hit the shower and made sure I wouldn't smell it again on my skin. What a traumatizing experience.

Spray Drakkar Noir again? Never.

nikitajade
nikitajade

This cologne is a sentimental favorite of mine, because my dad wore it after they discontinued his Matchabelli. But because of that, I don't think I've ever smelled it on a man and thought how sexy.

andy
andy

DN was a gem in the 1980s and in through the 90s when it was VERY popular but its a fairly harsh smell and a lot of people find it offputting due to the strong chemical smell

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

It's all about the memories for me when it comes to Drakkar Noir. I was sixteen, and I had a torturous crush on a guy who was two years older. We took art class together and became friends--but nothing more.

He wore this fragrance, and just the right amount. I liked its warmth and how it still had a freshness to it. Over the years, men who bathe in DN have killed its appeal, and the fragrance has become the butt of many a joke. But, when I think back 20-some years ago, I can't help but smile. I am reminded of a friend and one of only a tiny number of good memories from high school.

twlahue

Smells like a Men's version of Dial soap...

twlahue

I love this cologne. To me, it is the perfect men's cologne. If it has been reformulated??? I don't know. It smells perfect the way it is an I don't think I would change anything. I am 40 and definitely remember everyone wearing this in High school in Tampa, FL. Although, few people wear this now, the only thing I don't like about wearing this, is that I feel a bit self-conscious when wearing this because it was so popular and remains easily recognizeable. Also, my wife hates it, so that makes it kind of hard to wear. But, I love it. Call it a "guilty pleasure."

ericrico
ericrico

A true throw-back scent for me - it's been years and I decided to give the reformulation a try. I picked up (for a great price) a gift set of EDT, After Shave balm and the deodorant. I write this after a fresh shower and shave wearing all three! I am glad I did take the leap back in time...karlovonamesti's review below is spot on (as he normally is). Initial blast is strong - biting and bitter citrus, some patchouli and sharp green herbs & botanicals for me (artemisia and juniper berry the dominant notes). This warms up though rather nicely and shows us its true scent and Drakkar Noir form - the rich oakmoss and deep leather, for me, is mostly gone now due to reformulation. What we have in the reformulation is cleaner, far more tame and greener (perhaps, "Drakkar Vert" more than "Noir", but this not a bad thing.) I have a lot of vintage fragrances with heavy moss, so strangely, I don't miss it here. Plus, the key is layering Vintage if you want to - a blended wearing is brilliant. However, what is in the reformulation is some light oakmoss, tree moss and a smooth leather - not heavy or greasy along with a full pyramid of nice rich, aromatic notes...just not the horsepower we used to get in the Vintage juice.

I actually used to like DN a lot back in high school - I shared bottles with friends and almost always had one (or access to one). It was a staple. On my skin, it shows very nice notes with some warmth...the citrus calms down and integrates into some nice more distinct herbal notes of basil, rosemary, the previously mentioned juniper berry and lavender shining through. Still lifted and clean - no heavy moss. The patchouli is now less sharp and offensive - the whole composition smells like a dilute version (definitely more mainstream) of what used to be Drakkar Noir (which was/is, for those of us who remember and know Vintage, uber-masculine).

The distinct fir has been showing since the mid-notes appeared, strengthening and getting deeper with the leather (again, not nearly as heavy as vintage - but still a key note in this classic composition), nice cedar and a vetiver note that has a nice woodiness with a slight sharpness (which works well in bringing the artemisia through the composition and balances the other base notes). The moss is here now, but it is more of a "green" note - not earthy (Tree Moss more prevalent in current formulation while the amber, sandalwood and other base notes offering some fixative quality). While this is a bit hollow and not as strong as vintage, I am keeping this review focused on what I have. Comparing old to new is pointless - we all know its changed over time. However, I find myself smelling, "Drakkar Noir"...it has held onto its allure through reformulation. Not many classic scents can say that.

I strongly believe this would make a good scent for a casual attire office or a night out. It is dated if you know Drakkar Noir from before - otherwise, it is an honest scent. The base and dry down are especially good - perhaps better than expected since the majority of moss (oakmoss, specifically) and a lot of the leather in this reformulation are all but gone. It does, however, stay fresh and integrated with the nice fir coming through with some light sandalwood and a bit of amber...albeit a touch soapy (in a good way - it smells clean). Longevity seems average (I sprayed my shirt and there are still citrus notes with floral and fresh herbs and a touch of fir - so I recommend spraying both skin and clothes with the current formulation to increase longevity). Overall - I'm glad I got the set. I heard there are knock-offs that are more like the original DN formulation, including Classic Match (among others) and test sprayed Classic Match just tonight while grabbing some items at Walmart. It might drydown to a more leathery scent, but the top notes were very screechy and abrasive. I sprayed it on paper and decided to try what I bought a month or so back in that set that is sitting in my closet (although I know it is reformulated). I am actually happier with the new DN than an original formulation knock-off, for now. I would wear this as an everyday, casual scent - dressed down. This is a pair of jeans, non-button shirt and jacket (weather permitting) scent - not dressed up. Macho, but tasteful. Still pretty good to me although lighter - I can now apply a few extra shots and not offend or create a huge cloud around me. My rating is a solid 7.5+/10.

**UPDATE** - I was able to get a perfectly-preserved vintage (splash bottle, nonetheless) 100ml of Vintage Drakkar Noir. Wow...deep, dark and much richer than the current formulation. This is what I wore in high school and college - my youth just came back in my olfactory memory, in spades! The moss really breathes here and the top notes are still sharp and fully intact (truly a great hidden-away/time-warped bottle of DN from the 80's!) For a fragrance lover, this is what we all remember. I swear I grew a dozen chest hairs instantly upon a few dabs of application! This stuff is so manly, you become a Chia Pet! ;-) Jokes aside - this is damn serious juice. Not for office wear or even everyday wear (unless you are Chuck Norris). While I rate the Vintage juice for its true glory a 9+/10, I have to say that the current formulation of Drakkar Noir is more wearable (as mentioned above). Don't threaten me or send me hate mail (and the bottle is not for sale or swap). Understand my perspective, please. This is going to be one that I treasure and put a few small dabs on (or decant 15ml at a time and apply just 1-2 sprays of the Vintage under my current formulation DN!) The deep, dark base will be enrichened and the wonderful green notes that I am very fond of in current formulation will shine. The heart of the fragrance will start pounding like an Edgar Allan Poe novella, this is The Tell Tale Heart! Seriously, if you did a full-wearing of this, you would not get the value of what it has to offer (unless you still have a mullet and drive a Camaro)! I don't, but love this juice. I will savor it.

My affection for current formulation has risen even more (as I really love the layered wearings with some Vintage juice dabbed on) - but the freshness of current makes it really enjoyable! Drakkar Noir (current formulation) has really grown on me with numerous wearings - actually, a fragrance I see as totally wearable today in both casual and formal attire (the notes have become more distinct as my bottle has opened up) - it is serious, masculine/"pseudo-macho" and, dare I say, even a bit sophisticated. I will be repurchasing more current formulation before my bottle is empty as I don't want to be without this in my wardrobe. My refined score is 8+/10! I look forward to wearing it, and it always makes me feel damn good when I do. The key is using enough Vintage (but not too much) to give the base the depth and radiant glow that one associates this powerhouse with. Layering a few dabs of Vintage with it, well...that's for me and those around me to appreciate! Cheers.

LadyGNotGaga
LadyGNotGaga

Nice scent, heavier than I usually like but with a name like Dakkar Noir it ought to be.
Just...dont wear too much-- as with anything!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Oddly enough, this "black" flanker perseveres in an ever-changing market, while the original Drakkar is now defunct. As ubiquitous as Cool Water, Drakkar Noir has been reformulated into a smoother, lighter scent in recent years, no doubt to better conform with today's trends. The bitter citrus, wood, and herbal opening is still quite sharp and recognizable, but it rapidly dries into a hollow juniper, lavender, and oakmoss accord, with hints of fir. Very nicely blended, very masculine in temperament and movement, and very memorable. I enjoy how Drakkar's smoky coumarin interacts with the evergreen notes to form a rich, outdoorsy vibe. Drakkar is a classic for a reason: it smells damn good. It's also very likely the road map for the guy who brought us Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water. All told, a man who wears Drakkar is a man with excellent taste, but perhaps a little more rugged than Cary Grant . . .

e.will.85
e.will.85

I'm going to save you some time and agree with a lot of the reviews, this scent does have a notable, dated quality (mind you a classic, masculine sex appeal is beyond dates) that I remember being crazy about in HS when I was 15-18. Granted, it has been a while since I've had any (now 26) I remember the smell of it quite distinctly.

Drakkar Noir is definitely a warm, heavy scent suited for fall/winter and always made me think of how a manly man should smell in a tux. It has a fantastic palette of woodsy and spicy notes (coriander/oakmoss/cinnamon/juniper/fir) that mix well with the other more subtle amber & leather accords. The drydown is where it's at, as that's when the herbal, wood, spice and citrus come together and it certainly has some staying power, arguably too much...

This having been said, it is easy to overdo it & overpower the subtleties with a synthetic scent. WEAR LIGHTLY.

Sillage: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

Drakkar Noir is a great fragrance that takes me back to my high school years back in the 80s/90s. Great smell at that time..but smells very outdated and old school now. I will only wear it on occasions were not many people will be able to smell it and pass judgement. I originally bought it in 1988; but managed to find one on sale at Marshalls in 95. Still have that bottle...hardly used. Feel too awkward wearing it now.

mm83
mm83

bought my first drakkar noir.. its amazing.. i would rate it the best in my collection.. a classic timeless cologne.. so fresh.. just lovg it.

Fyl
Fyl

It's a STUN GRENADE.

And, surprisingly, some places that weren't 1980s America have yet to be carpet-bombed by the stuff. Americans, on the other hand, seem to be almost immune to it by now.

Up to you to figure out if that's a good thing.

Seeba
Seeba

My best friend in high school wore this - a woman. It smelled great on her and I love when women wear men's cologne.

lettyb76
lettyb76

Smelling this on any man used to make me feel like a wild animal (in a good way).

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Masculine, indeed. But not a pleasant smell. Reminds me of Axe Marine body spray. This one is more natural and less cheap though.
I don't like it.

Macassar
Macassar

The one from today is so diifrent from the one of the eighties ...now it"s completely chemical ,no more soul, it's empty, no charm any more ..bring back the real Drakkar Noir

ForceRagePower
ForceRagePower

Why is there so much hate for drakkar??? its an amazing, long lasting actually projecting fragrance. I would wear this any day over A*Men, ADG, La Nuit, etc.

cyber861
cyber861

اولش بویه تندی داره.شبیهه افتر شیو نیوآ میمونه --
آبی

پخشه بوش عالیه

kassinator
kassinator

I don't even care that you can pick this bottle up at the local drug store, my brother still wears Drakkar and he smells SO good. Every time I hug him hello I have to tell him how good he smells. Maybe this takes me back to my teenage years when every hot guy was wearing this, I don't know, but I think it stands the test of time.

Scentrist
Scentrist

The 80's called, they asked for their cologne back.

Seriously, every time I smell this, I recollect this fragrance with a love/hate relationship. You loved how unique it was, yet you hated that it actually made you feel like Pepe Le Pew in its overall strength. This was really overpowering and probably among the reasons that other 80's frags got a bad name by sheer association. This is not so much that it was a bad fragrance, but it's definitely an anachronism and to me -- as a major fan of 80's frags like ODL Pour Lui and others -- this was over-the-top. Way over. Bombastically so. It drags up memories of walking around the mall in high-school days when this had just become popular.

Very enduring, very heavy, somewhat cloying by current standards, very spicy and heavy handed with the coriander/cinnamon/juniper/leather accords. If done wrong, this would announce your presence five minutes away, and often enough, it was applied wrong. I wish I could be more neutral, but I still remain appreciative of the scent.

RobAtSGH
RobAtSGH

1988 in a bottle. When young adults of the mid-late 80's bought their first "grown-up" scent, every 16-17 year old guy in the US was wearing this or Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, and every girl was wearing Obsession. Big, brutal, everlasting green-greyness. Like being trapped in a smoldering fir, rosemary, cedar, and moss fire after having spilled a pint of gin on your leather jacket. If you non-ironically drive a Chevy Camaro (the old one, not the new one), this is your fragrance.

Aroma d'Latino
Aroma d'Latino

Drakkar Noir is a classic fragrance that has stood that test of time. This was huge!! I mean HUGE in the 1980’s and it kept going strong until the mid 90’s.

I remember smelling this cologne everywhere in the late 80’s when I was a little kid. I went thru one or two bottles during my high school years in the mid-late 90’s. This was a good, very masculine and affordable fragrance for a high school kid back in the day.

This fragrance is not bad at all, Drakkar Noir smells very clean, very sensual and very, very masculine. This is not your average kiddy fruity, aquatic cologne they make these days. To those who think this fragrance smells bad, soapy or “old”, well, you probably don’t have what it takes to wear this classic, to wear this big boy you need personality, attitude and confidence. This is for a MAN that wants to smell like a MAN and nothing else.

Grottola
Grottola

My dad wore this one.

Drakkar Noir doesn't smell terrible, but it's not great either. It's a crude, obnoxious aromatic fougère that leans more towards dark green than "noir". That being said, it's popular for a reason, and if you're into fragrances, it's a must-try simply for reputation purposes.

jtd
jtd

I love a good fougère. I think the genre is underrated, and still recovering from a bad spell that lasted from the 70s to the 90s. The ubiquity and heavy-handed use of Paco Rabanne pour Homme, Azzaro pour Homme and eventually Drakkar Noir in the US in the 70s-80s as well as the association with a troubled era of masculinity made people run screaming from the aromatic fougère. Then Cool Water and the like made the more traditional lavender/coumarin fougère seem stale.

To Drakkar Noir. It’s bland and it’s loud. It’s the fragrance equivalent of battleship grey at volume 10.

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

I've always hated this scent because it was the fragrance that virtually every guy wore when I was growing up, which meant if you wore it you smelled just like everyone else. Secondly, I never cared for the scent that much because it just didn't smell like an expensive designer colonge--to me it always smelled like something you picked up at Rite-Aid. And lastly, I tried it because it was so well liked and at least for me it had no staying power. But if you're someone who likes deja-vu of the 1980's & 90's, this is your scent.

krmarich
krmarich

What happens when you have a really classy French design house release an immensely popular fragrance? It sells incredibly well for a few decades and some greedy international conglomerate buys creative control. The obvious comes next. It get brutally changed as a composition and distributed to every WalMart where it sits-forever, not selling. Alas the word gets out that it is bad-see all of the bad reviews below!

On a trip to France in the 1980s, I had the priveledge to purchase an original bottle. Needless to say, I loved it then. It was a rich, dark, sleek, European sport car with black leather seats that others envied. It could pass all traffic, handled curves well and was fuel efficient-it lasted all night! Yes it was easy to overspray-generally all over my cheap American car.

For about a year, I loved it! Then my friend started using it. Next, I started smelling it all over the mall and campus. It became an 80s beast! Now its worse. At least the original formula was good. The current toxic waste lacks oaskmoss and the leather seems like pleather. A classic case of overmarketing...

akoTOpatrikc
akoTOpatrikc

back to 80's.....gorgeous scent....

renperd
renperd

Drakkar Noir to me is free from the negative connotations that plague many people in other countries. I've neither smelled it on anyone else nor ever seen it for sale in this country. To me it's very good: the soapy beginning through the sweet base. Longevity and projection are tops. I'm rapidly working my way through a 100ml bottle.

Charles
Charles

The formula of Drakkar Noir come from fragrance heaven (or hell?) :-). Drakkar Noir is the best cologne in the world. For ever!

bonovox
bonovox

I totally agree with Chris below, back in the day after people moved on from Polo, you could smell this on about two out of every three guys walking down the hallway of your high school. There are enough reviews on this so I will let stand and say that it definitely had its place and time, but it is very strong and aromatic. If you're in properly today, it would probably be reserved for nighttime during any season, but the notes of leather, patchouli, oak moss and cedar made at legendary back in the day.

Chris72
Chris72

Oh Drakkar, u were the bomb back in the day (like CK's Obsession), I wore both of them back in high school & back then this was cutting edge stuff!!! and the girls liked it :) Sadly that was a looong time ago,.....every time I c this stuff it brings back gud memories & brings a smile to my face. But I've long ago moved away from this stuff, IMHO it is outdated NOW, just too many better smelling more complex fragrances out there today. Which makes total sense, cause this is from the 80's! I mean who drives the exact same car today that they were driving back in 1987?? Mostly older guys where this today. Still back in the day it was GOLD, but that was back in the day ;)

vinifala
vinifala

It may be old, may be 80's young men signature and it may be dated, but I still love it.
Makes me smell like I've just came out of the shower, it's powdery, sweet, have a good combination of spices the cinnamon notes are the ones that stands out for me.
Yes, it smells like soap after a while and that's why I love it, makes me feel ready to take on a full day of work or a heavy workout.

I was aprehensive in order to try Drakkar Noir, but I ended up liking it a lot.

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

This was my dad's signature scent and every time I have a chance I sniff it and it makes me feels safe and protected. For me it's a perfume for strong but loving men, with great personality and determination. I guess I would feel weird smelling this one on young men. I just can't explain with words how this perfume makes me happy and sadly nostalgic at the time but what I try to say is that only a very special and unique fragrance has the power to stay as long as our best memories.

babybash44
babybash44

Mature, a little grandpa-ish, but very well done. It is most definitely a Fall/Winter fragrance for the out of school (of all types) cologne wearers. A classic, and available at discount stores. My personal opinion of it is that it is tobacco and bonfire with a little spice. This is great for Christmas time but beware of its' strength and maturity in the warm weather.

SilverFire
SilverFire

I didn't find anything complex about this scent -- to me, it smelled musky, pure and simple. The sweeter top notes evaporated somewhere between buying it and opening the package. Anyhow, I found the scent to be acceptable; it didn't make me feel any particular way, but at least it didn't give me a headache. I will say that even this reformulated version drew positive reactions from women, even from quite a distance away (the silage here must be phenomenal).

santino
santino

Drakkar Noir was my first cologne. In retrospect, I am glad it was. Because this cologne set a great benchmark of masculine fragrances for me. This cologne inspired me to get quorum, one man show, bijan, grey flannel and halston Z 14. This was my usual rotation. I love this dark oily, leathery feel to it. It earned me a nickname teflon hunk (boy I loved that :-) ) This is probably as powerhouse as it can get. This is as macho as it can get too. I dont know how Laroche came up with the concept of this cologne but he sure pulled off a winner. I now have a lot of cheaper alternatives of this cologne so I am not sure if I am going to buy it again but this one deserves all due respect for the sheer quality of scent.

lil_taul
lil_taul

i tested this at dillards. its boring. its old too. as in its for a older generation. it don't have a kick to it. but i only smelled the first 10 minutes of it.

MorkSupangco
MorkSupangco

I wore this when I was in high school! brings back memories whenever I smell it on someone else!

hbstudio14
hbstudio14

Reminds me of High School, EVERYONE had it!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I'm sorry, everyone likes it so I'm sure it's nice, but all I could smell was a high quality Lomani pour homme. it just turned me off.
I know this was made first, I know it has alot more notes, but I just don't like it.
I CAN see why people do, though, it IS a pleasant aroma, and it's soft and masculine.

Also, I would have thought woody-floral for the O.group.

Cheeva
Cheeva

Probably my first fragrance purchase as a teenager back in the early 80s. Very leathery , musky, awesome fragrance, However the silage and projection has changed, Im surprised only one person on this review has brought this up. the modern version of drakkar sits more closely to the skin imo. I remember putting this on and projection being just plain rude. my neighbors 2 houses down could smell me.

**UPDATE**
For those who want the original formulation blast of drakkar 80s, Buy the Classic Match version., you can get it at walmart for 7 bucks. They have kept the original formulation and really does smell like the original version of drakkar. Not this wimpy castrated version Guy Laroche is putting out these days.

guest_guido1967
guest_guido1967

a masterpiece through the years, long time ago i use this, what a wonderful scent. last week in the city i buy a bottle, its timeless. great!

Cologne Junkie72
Cologne Junkie72

Drakkar Noir is one of the the true fragrance classics.The initial,all the way to the dry down is great.Excellent for formal evening wear.The duration is great as well.This is one of those fragrances where you do not need to apply too much.Great to layer with the Drakkar aftershave,and deodorant.

Roma27
Roma27

Hmmmm....heavenly on a man! smelled it years ago in a department store. Have to get my husband a sample. It evokes warmth & intimacy. A sniff of this every now & then will put every woman in a good mood :)

This was my second signature scent after Colors by Benetton for men. My cousin used it very heavy-handedly and I thought it was too much. One day I found a shirt of his left at my house from the night before and it smelled fantastic!! I surmised it was actually a very good scent-when used in moderation and it was my new fragrance love for the next 5 years...

Sometime in the early 00's I discovered AdG and "broke up" with Drakkar Noir, but the fond memories of it's powerful scent bring me back every now an then for the olfactive equivalent of a "booty call"...

This scent comes out of the gate quite intensely with bitter green herbs, dry florals and sharp citruses. Very biting and intense topnotes contain what some scents have in their entire pyramid of notes, this may be "too much" for some but after they fade to the dry flowers and hints of warm spice and pungent juniper in the heart it has a very clean, slightly sweet demeanor, until the drydown comes in with the manly finish of leather, woods, moss and patchouli. A true aromatic fougere for the self-professed bad-boy...

This is indeed a classic 'cologne'(it came out in 1982 and is still selling well 28 years later!)and to some it may seem dated but in my opinion: originality and good construction with quality ingredients never goes out of style. To me this is almost like a favorite leather biker jacket,well-made, comfortable but rebellious; something different than what everyone else is sporting nowadays...but it definitely gets noticed. Love it or hate it, it's here to stay!!

Sillage: tremendous
Longevity: excellent
Overall: 5/5 Superb!

To those who may think this is a gay scent-it is true that the gay bar scene reeked of this in the early 80s( I sprayed it on paper and had my best friend smell it blind and said "What do you think?" and he replied: "Gay bar at last call!")but remember, most gay men were searching for the epitome of manliness, and many of them found it (in a fragrance at least)in DN. It is VERY manly and I have smelled it on gays and straights alike and no matter who is wearing it it smells AWESOME!

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

I have a soft spot for this. I don't often smell this on men anymore, but when I do it makes me smile with nostalgia. In junior high the guys all wore Polo. In highschool they all wore Drakkar, but with a heavy hand which made it reek.

It's very spicy, dark, leathery and masculine. One or two sprays *maximum* - this stuff is loud and powerful. It's a bad-ass scent.

Sprayed lightly, it's also one of the sexiest scents on a man, IMO. Not for the meek.

ARAMIS
ARAMIS

+1 to Persian Belly quote:

"This is very nice. I can keep sniffing it on a man (or the bottle) till I drop!!! :)"

100% agree, women sniff my D.N. till drop ;)

cybergoth
cybergoth

its still smells good after many years smells better at night and fall and winter

Persian Belle
Persian Belle

Kind of reminds me of my absolute favourite, Tuscany by Aramis. This is very nice. I can keep sniffing it on a man (or the bottle) till I drop!!! :)
Belle

stxgdv
stxgdv

Powerhouse of the 80's. My signature scent back in high school, mid 90's! Gets a bad rap because of people that overspray. Two spray max rule on this one people! This one will always be in my collection.

Venom
Venom

Dark and mysterious. A great smell for nights and winters. Can pass on summer nights but would pick something lighter for that really. Women will love it and so will you. Lasts a good amount of time and would get this for any collection. As classic as it is many people over look it and as a result it becomes new to many.

guest_2010MAN
guest_2010MAN

This cologne is timeless. It will always smell awesome. I would highly reccomend it to anybody. People love it. Women love it. It can be worn for any event. Don't take my word for it, but you will get a lot of compliments from all types of women. It has magic in it.

guest_titutz
guest_titutz

I were it as long as 20s year, and I'm not bored...
F****g hell i like it!

RobbieX

Unique - masculine, spicy, unforgettable, ...and..fresh . in my opinion..a classic (and I don't say that lightly)...lasts all day (really does)..what more do you want! Tell you what...people notice this on you when you walk by. Like Led Zeppelin or the Beatles this is a timeless and absolute classic.....Whole Lotta Love!!!

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Remember the 80's?!?! Received this as a gift over the holidays and it brought me back. Straddles the dated/ classic fence. Not a day time/ casual/ work scent. Silage good and I'm happy to re-visit an old friend. Winter yes, Spring no. It's right for the right moment. Might have changed from the original but close enough to re-visit and enjoy.

rafaeleleniz
rafaeleleniz

I like this fragrance very much, it is spicy, masculine and lasts all day.
Maybe a little bold and with a "hear I come" attitude, so be careful and do not spray too much on you unless you want people stare at you like " who is this a**hole", so use it sparingly.
Very similar to Van Cleef and Arpels "Tsar".
The Artemisia, lavander and coriander dominates both perfumes and at first impression, they smell almost identical, the basnotes are slightly different, but on my opinion, it marks the difference
If you want to make a comparison between the two, Tsar is for the guy in the Aston Martin and Drakkar Noir for the guy in the Toyota, Tsar very sophisticated and elegant where DN is for the masses. (Note that I said Toyota and not Ford Pinto LOL)

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Good scent like almost every perfumes in the world but its too much commercial! Anyway, its a good scent, for a man who want to feel vintage.

guest_Mr. Black
guest_Mr. Black

Dominating, sexy, leathery, macho, and bad-ass. This is a lady magnet. Period. Try some of this and ask a female what she thinks of it. Or wear some on a date and watch how much positive feedback and attention you get. You will get five stars and two thumbs up from any woman as this cologne is sexy and French and by design was made to attract women. Wear it whenever because it blends in and works for every occasion. It does what a man's cologne is supposed to do. It captivates the lady audience and gets their attention. It is a lady magnet, and women will marvel over you.

guest_DRAKKAR NOIR FRIEND
guest_DRAKKAR NOIR FRIEND

I will tell you the truth once and for all. Women love the way this smells. This should be one of the top colognes in any man's arsenal. Drakkar Noir has everything a masculine smelling cologne should have in it like leather. It is for a straight man, and straight women love the way this smells. I am not homophobic but if a straight man sports this masculine smelling cologne then he will attract beautiful straight women. I know this for a fact and that is is the way this works. A lot of gays and bisexuals don't like the way that Drakkar Noir smells and honestly they don't have to. It's too straight smelling for them. It's really very masculine smell that lasts all day and doesn't put off a gay vibe at all. It puts off a sexy straight man vibe. Be weary of all the bullshit advice on any of these fragrance sites unless you want to waste your money and smell like your gay. The gays should quit slamming Drakkar Noir because they know it is a dominating smell and they know it is very hard to compete against. All that I ask is for the gays to stop suggesting all the fu fu gay smells to people and stop leaving negative feedback for great smelling colognes like Drakkar Noir. Enough said.

jimmywinters
jimmywinters

Its been since 1995, three years after I graduated high school that I wore Drakkar. I can remember starting in 8th grade wearing Polo as did all the cool guys at my small school. Then around 10th grade everyone switched to Drakkar. As I recall, compliments were abound about both scents. Then after that, it was onto CK-1, which girls seemed to like as well. Anyway, it has been around awhile but died down. Well maybe Porcelain Ninja is right. It may be back on the rise. I recall liking it and I intend to get another bottle soon. You guys have to admit, based on just scents alone, as opposed to fads or trying to smell different, a lot of fragrance's would still be strongly sold today instead of dying off.

Mazinho
Mazinho

Drakkar Noir was so huge in the 80's, ultimately it became a victim of its own success. However after the meteoric Rise came the spiraling Fall. Now that this uber-masculine fragrance is no longer popular, it's becoming more interesting.

Regardless of its 80's stigma (in my opinion fragrances are timeless), this scent has a lot of "dark" personality in it. If you want to project a dark, mysterious and powerful/animalistic aura around you, and want to sensually "intoxicate" your lady on a cold winter's night, this is the one, the ultimate Black, the ultimate Noir. The rest I leave to your own "seductive" imagination.. hahaha

A classic that will never be absent from my arsenal of fragrances.

Tip: use sparingly, two sprays max, from a distance

0lenska
0lenska

This napalm-in-a-bottle was the weapon of choice for all the gold-chain-and-hair-gel-wearing playas in my high school circa 1987. Toxic then, and toxic now.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Has anybody tried Drakkar Dynamic? It the sport version of Noir. It is in the same styled bottle but all white not in black?

ily_sb
ily_sb

Probably my dad would like it, but me ... maybe in another life. To me it smells like sanitary disinfectant. A great disappointment for me, a lot of people recommended it to me.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Another classic scent that has crossed decades and, yet, it is a best seller. It was launched in 1982, won the Fifi Awards as "the Most Successful Man Fragrance", in 1985, and was the most sold fragrance in the world, in 1991.

Despite its power and the feeling of the 80’s scents, everytime I am wearing it, people ask me about the name and make compliments.

I like the smell and I fell like if I am wearing a leather jacket and driving a convertible car with lots of moisturizer on my hair.

The top secret in this cologne, in my opinion, are the notes of verbena, artemisia absinthe, cinnamon, resins and leather, that stand out. The rest (lavender, lemon, rosemary, vetiver, oakmoss, etc.) is just a backdrop to this intoxicating fragrance.

Besides that, Drakkar has a long lasting and, even when you think the smell was gone, people keep asking what are you wearing, and this is very good, isn't it?

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Received a sample of this at the dept. store, and convinced my husband to try it again. He wore this years ago, and I loved it on him then.

Have to say I think reformulation has killed this one. Smells nothing at all like I remember. Too bad.

guest_Greg's smell
guest_Greg's smell

The guy that I was madly in love back in the 90's wore this. I asked him what was he wearing. Between Greg and this cologne, I was so turned on by him I would want to f#*k him right there. The scent that I can only describe Drakkar is spice and musky cotton candy. mmmm.. I miss you Greg.

boedz
boedz

this is my daddy's edt...very manly smell, classic but still ok to wear nowadays...

porcelain ninja
porcelain ninja

Less guys are wearing this now! It's so out it's actually in! I imagine a gorgeous vampire wearing this. Very sexy and dangerous

guest_guest 1967
guest_guest 1967

seit seiner entstehung anfang der achtziger ist es eines der besten herrenparfums, frisch leicht nach tabak und tannennadeln, zitrone und sehr lange haftend.übrigens hat es einen etwas raffinierteren bruder:
duc de vervins von houbigant sollten sie mal damit vergleichen.

abhijit15
abhijit15

Today i bought this and this cologne is very good its very old perfume but still smell great

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

a classic!this was like my second legitimate bottle of cologne when i was coming up

liquid-alco
liquid-alco

This 'dated' scent will survive most of modern ones. Mark my words!

It sounds like some consider this a dated scent, but I find it's still sexy and makes me want to get close to a guy and inhale deeply. Sometimes 'Dated' and 'Classic' cross over. If you have the right attitude, you can't go wrong with this one. If you're afraid of smelling dated or common, than you need to find something you feel is more 'you.' If you just want to smell clean, sexy and masculine, this would do it.

The Beatles seem dated, too. Yet no one better has come along. Same can be said for Drakkar...

Leo
Leo

The favorite cologne of my dad...
The drydown is good, but the beginning is too powerful for me..

kevin_kim
kevin_kim

Very seductive and smells very nice. Smells fresh and kinda citrus. Very unique smell to it and LOVE IT

sjanira
sjanira

I love smelling this on a man. Very seductive and well lets just say that the right cologne on a man makes me very happy inside :)

avfcdamian92
avfcdamian92

good classic stuff, known to make girls weak at the knees, in my cases anyways lol. or maybe thats because i dance like travolta on drugs... who knows but what i do know is this wonderul concontion of notes is very good smelling with great longetivty and sillage. reccomended.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Hm... It's easy to wear. Casual wear. I like Drakkar Noir. I first used it when I was 18 :P And now, sometimes I still use it. I remember one time, I went shopping, a cute boy there asked me why I smelled so attractive :)) A lovely classic!

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

It reminds new stuff packaged in plastic... dunno how to explain it.. It is not bad, but a little to macho man for my taste.

dgoosenberg

Definitely a heavier, spicier scent but smells great. I would recommend it for an older person in the winter-time.

LuvWarrior
LuvWarrior

I remember smelling this on a man I had a date with back in the early '80s. Funny, at first he wouldn't tell me what it was (like it was his secret), but I smelled the colognes in his bathroom and found it. I went out and bought it the next day. I agree with afraafra, it does seem dated, as I no longer wear it, but still have a bottle with a little left. It has a nice citrus scent.

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche 3.71 out of 5 based on 1198 ratings and 245 user reviews

DRAKKAR NOIR for MEN by Guy Laroche EDT .17 OZ MINI
Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Drakkar Noir Gift Set by Guy Laroche Gift Set for Men Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz After Shave Balm 2.5 oz Deodorant Stick
FragranceShop.com
Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche for Men 3 Piece Set Includes 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray 2.6 oz Deodorant Stick 3.4 oz After Shave Balm
Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 6.7 oz
Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 6.7 oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Drakkar Noir Cologne by Guy Laroche - -- Gift Set - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz After Shave Balm 2.5 oz Deodorant Stick
Drakkar Noir Cologne by Guy Laroche, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Drakkar Noir Cologne by Guy Laroche - 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz After Shave Balm 100ml 3.4oz Deodorant Stick 75g 2.6oz 3pcs
Aftershave 3.4oz
DRAKKAR NOIR for MEN by Guy Laroche AFTERSHAVE BALM 3.4 OZ
DRAKKAR NOIR for MEN by Guy Laroche AFTERSHAVE BALM 3.4 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.