Designers » F-H » Citrus « Groups

Eau Folle Guy Laroche for women

Eau Folle Guy Laroche for women
dislike

leather
Eau Folle Guy Laroche for women Pictures Eau Folle Guy Laroche for women Pictures Eau Folle Guy Laroche for women Pictures

Designer Guy Laroche launched Eau Folle in 1970 as a fresh scent of citrusy, chypre and leathery notes, available in Eau de Toilette concentration.

Citruses Green Notes Floral Notes Leather

Nouveau Bowery
Tilda Swinton Like This

Eau Folle Fragrance Reviews

24. march 2014

I have the exact same bottle, as in the main picture and same colours (i have also seen the other edition in pink-yellow-blueish colour palette). A big 120ml splash EDT "fraiche" bottle with a on screw additional sprayer. I got it for relatively cheap price some time ago but managed to try it only recently. As i wrote below, this one is a sister of a citrusy fresh family: "Eau de Rochas", "Eau fraiche" by Leonard and i am very careful with this group. I don´t like very citrusy and green fragrances at the same time, i dislike Rochas "Eau de rochas" (have owned several various bottles of it, starting from the very vintage "Eau de roche", ending with semi-modern one), i do like more or less "Eau fraiche" by Leonard, i dislike "O de Lancome" (any version: vintage or modern). "eau folle" seems to be balancing on that very thin line that might be easily crossed for me and become unpleasant and unwearable. It opens up with a very sharp and green notes, like a men´s cologne. Yes it is fresh, but for me it is too sharp (i am not fond of unisex perfumes, neither of typical male colognes). Then in a blast it becomes incredibly citrusy, very lemony!!! Feels like someone has just sqeezed a lemon near me. Also not very pleasant for my nose. While it all lasts i get a strange celery note, honestly, i do smell something like celery in there. After a short 10 minutes i begin to smell peppery undertones and indeed a hints of leather. Now THIS is interesting! I normally don´t see much leather in this kind of fragrances, so this is a nice surprise (a fan of leather in here, ma´am!). I was just thinking, maybe that stange celery accord, that i smell is a combination of leather and green notes? or is it indeed some kind of celery present in composition, but listed simply as one of the "green notes"?
Ok, my conclusion, is that "eau folle" smells very unisex. Fresh, crispy, zesty and envigorating. Seems like i will have to return to this frgarance bit later to retry it once again and see if i still like it or not. At this moment i am very undecided.

ginger68
ginger68

I have bought an old bottle a few days ago. Wow! Classic, vintage, very far from fragrances we can try nowadays but so modern! Fresh, leathery, dry on my skin, never suffocating but so rich of personality, so elegant, so easy to wear and perfect for everyday use, even if it's a treasure hard to find!

9-na
9-na

I like this vintage scent a lot for bergamot and lime it gives me first, and for those wonderful vegetable garden smells that come next (mostly celery and tomato leaves, but there are other vegetables, too), followed by a phase of the vegetable garden quietening down, but not leaving. Instead flowers from my garden join the vegetables and add to a very nice scent. Am enjoing this one a lot.

tamariquita
tamariquita

Oh, does this bring back memories or what? I got the soap as a present from my brother( that's all he could afford-we were both uni students) and I kept it in my drawer forever-everything in that drawer smelled like Eau Folle, so in fact it was as close as to having the perfume.Soon after that I discovered J'ai Ose, and I bought that one, but I'd be so delighted if Eau Folle was produced again-I'd buy it in a heartbeat.Thank you fro bringin sweet memories!

mariángeles
mariángeles

No enconté nunca un perfume tan radiante como
Eau Folle"...Es necesario que vuelva a reeditarse. Leonard, Lancome, incluso clinique cuentan con aguas perfumadas de similares características pero ninguna de ella supera a este cítrico-floral- chipre...A vece también me recuerda su aroma a Eau de Soir de Sisley.

akats
akats

I loved it! Sharp and crispy smell on it's opening, yet, peppery and warm when faded...If I could ever buy it again, I would wear it the days I would like to feel optimistic, fresh and sportive.

Henriette
Henriette

When I first tried and wore Eau Folle, it was in the mid '70es when I was a teenager. It was the IT perfume for teenagers being fresh, young, a bit crazy as the ads underlined. It was also made in every sort of packages from a fountain pen containing 100 doses to a cigarette lighter to a pool ball. Anyway I have always found it a nice fresh perfume perfect for summer and I think its being "crazy" was only half the truth of what Eau Folle has been. It would deserve being reissued and put on sale again. I would certainly buy it anew.

athinaki
athinaki

Thanks Fragrantica for adding it!It used to be my teenage fragrance when I was in the last class of senior high school back in 1987.The edition I remember was citrusy and very peppery-which was a bit unusual back then-with a fantastic soft leathery tone in the drydown.I always thought it was the ultimately sexy citrusy fragrance ever created.I wish it hadn't been discontinued.Dear passionata20,I am also very interested to know if there is anything similar in the market now so please if anyone knows please let us know too!

passionata20

Thanks for adding my request! Can someone who has it or has tried it write if it is similar to Leonard´s "Eau Fraiche" or is it more like Rochas "Eau de Rochas"? I´m just guessing cause they all seem to be in one family of fragrances.
Thanks

Eau Folle by Guy Laroche 4.67 out of 5 based on 25 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guy Laroche Eau Folle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guy Laroche Eau Folle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Folle by Guy Laroche. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Folle by Guy Laroche represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.