Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

J'ai Osé Guy Laroche for women

J'ai Osé Guy Laroche for women
dislike

J'ai Osé Guy Laroche for women Pictures

J'ai Osé by Guy Laroche is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. J'ai Osé was launched in 1978. Top notes are aldehydes, coriander, citruses and peach; middle notes are sandalwood, patchouli, orris root, jasmine, vetiver, cedar and rose; base notes are oakmoss, amber, musk and benzoin.

Aldehydes Coriander Citruses Peach

Sandalwood Patchouli Orris Root Jasmine Vetiver Cedar Rose

Oakmoss Amber Musk Benzoin

Joy
Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances)

J'ai Osé Fragrance Reviews

girasolina
girasolina

superb!
Once upon a time perfume, TRUE.
Pleased to have been able to beg an old aunt.
Complex rich, Animalic but not strong and aggressive as his relatives 80s.
superlativo!
C'erano una volta i profumi, VERI.
Lieta di averlo potuto elemosinare da una vecchia zia.
Complesso ricco,animalico ma non forte e aggressivo come i suoi parenti degli anni 80.

This perfume is one of my favorites. J'ai Ose for me is just & ONLY the original Guy-Laroche one, the current version is not the Guy Laroche, but a very different scent. It's true, it is rare and maybe i could found it only among collectors, but no matter how much it costs! Because a bottle of J'ai Ose worth more than pure gold: sandalwood, oak moss, jasmine absolue and a subtle hint of peach, among other precious floral notes remind me of Amouage Epic Woman sometimes Mitsouko ... But I believe that J'ai Osè it is better!
And I know that masterpiece that is the Great Mitsouko, so I weigh my words.
IMO J'ai Osè from the end of the 70ies, is rich and beautiful as the historical formulas of Guerlain.
I would like to write for hours about the compliments I receive when I use this, and what interest it creates in people when I wear this historic masterpiece Guy-Laroche, certainly stopped because it was too expensive to produce.
I want at least a 50 ml original for this christmas, my boyfriend has already been warned ;)
I think it is a very modern oriental perfume, undated, I recommend it with love.

EvaMG
EvaMG

What SadieBluesLady says is correct. The one available nowadays is not the same formula than the vintage. The new is smokey leather. It is made by Casper, as I read on the box. Don't be mislead. The vintage has reached astronomic prices on ebay.
I tested the newer version today. It's not bad, but to have exquisite leathers, I already own my Cabochard.

Jola 72
Jola 72

To me it is so similar to First,just First is less opulent and sandalwood is not the same prominent and real.Wanted to own J,ai Ose,but can not find it,so I am happy with First for now .Actually ,I was thinking,that First share a lot of similarity with old Fidji,same aldehyde group ,got this feeling with the first spry...I think that these three have some similar notes to share,very famous old good classics.Happy to own one of them...
Must admit here ,I own edp First...

Obanonatto
Obanonatto

Be careful, the original is the one with the brand Guy-Laroche written on the box and on the bottle! The other current version (not by Guy-Larcohe) is 10 times less beautiful.
;) Great Scent!!! 5 stars -----

alexis_lomakin
alexis_lomakin

Current EDP version: what a wonderful LEATHER fragrance! Very Parisian, exquisite, of the highest, old-school quality!

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

It is my all time favourite! I think this frag is epitome of class and elegance..Mysterious and rich, unique and unforgettable(old formula). Will buy or swap old version if somebody is interested.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

I could smell this before I'd even sprayed it, strong sillage! I was instantly taken back to the 80s and remembered the scents my mother and other women wore then. It smells like incense on my skin - smoky, woody, slight floral like dried roses. And the longevity is amazing.
It was a little time warp in a bottle for me... I definitely appreciated the uniqueness of it, but it's not something I could wear.

Ines65
Ines65

A very lacquered oriental with the aldehydes jumping out first to greet you then the greens, then soapy for a moment too long with patchouli peeking thru and finally settling into a powdery finish.

I also purchased it from Fragrance.net, new bottle in the cellophane box with all the markings; hence very authentic looking.

But it's going back, once again, it's not for me.

persefoni
persefoni

Truly loved this fragrance... it was a favorite of my mum's, and i always thought it was soooo elegant, oriental, sharp, bittersweet, somehow mystic.... I still sniff the empty bottle (not spray, the older one) just to keep the scent alive in my brain!
I cannot fathom why a company would discontinue such a gem... And when will they finally get down to making it again..??????

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

Just bought this today and am goiong to pick it up! I am so excited...

9-na
9-na

Had vintage. It's over now. When my young Mum had this scent, it lived among the nice and the liked scents of hers, she didn't love it as in "madly, deeply, THE one" sort of love, but enjoyed it anyway. Like mother... like daughter: I wore this scent with calm, not heart-stopping, but quite sincere enjoyment. I liked the flowers it had for me, and a drop of powder, and the greenness, and something warm, something very nice...

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Such a masterpiece, oriental, with heavy, bitter notes, long lasting and highly recommended.

DNA Salli
DNA Salli

One of my first perfumes! Thought the original version to be exceptional!

AutumnOwl
AutumnOwl

I tried the original perfume back when it was launched and discovered quickly that it's a perfume I couldn't wear as I got a migraine as soon as I tried to wear it. Maybe I should try the new version and see if there are any changes made, as I liked the fragrance.

Nemosh
Nemosh

I have a trial bottle ordered from FragrqanceNet because of the good comments here, and I think that the perfume was not good anymore. It smells very weird in the bottle and on my skin it smells sour and old faded roses. Couldn't wash away quickly enough of my wrist!
No this fragrance is definitely not for me.

loismonahan
loismonahan

Just received this yesterday and it's a winner! It constantly changes and the scent is different (at least for me) as you enter the cold (in Canada we do that a lot!) or come into a heated environment. It is very sophisticated and different and definitely stands apart from everything everyone else on the subway is wearing! Love it!

My mother liked this fragrance when she was young. She says that it was gorgeous!

As for me, I think that this fragrance is good enough, especially for the night, but unfortunately nowadays I can hardly feel the same beauty.

On me it smells mostly the vetiver note. Also I can feel something like a cedar oil.

It seems to me deep, dark and even strict. But my aunt says that it smells like a naphthalene. But I can't agree with her. Just an oriental scent. Maybe the thing is in the vetiver note. But it really doesn't smell like typical nowadays fragrances. And it's even awesome!

olga1780

Whoever it is made by now , it doesn't make it any less wonderful!

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

The Jai Ose being sold now on FeeBay isn't the Guy Laroche scent! Many of the distributors are assuring their buyers that it's the same, but the box says that the contents are made by Jai Ose Parfums Paris. These are being falsely advertised as Guy Laroche!! If you recently purchased a sample, mini, or real bottle, check the box and see what it says on the back. This also applies to Jai Ose Baby!! NOT Guy Laroche products!!!

olga1780

J'ao Ose is very rich, woody and smokey fragrance that manages to be elegant and sexy without being sweet. The bitter smoky note makes it especially unique....makes me think of a campfire in the middle of a starry night.
At first spray it reminded me a lot of Royal Secret,but J'ai Ose is much smoother, more rounded and well behaved. In terms of sillage, it makes me think of Hermes Elixir, that I just recently wore, as it projects very similarly from my skin. It is very noticeable and you know it's there, but at the same time it's not all over the place,or walking in front you announcing your arrival with you bringing up the rear.
A great fragrance that shouldn't be overlooked by true perfume connoisseurs.

Henriette
Henriette

Oh this takes me back when I was in my 16-17 and if you wanted to be à la page you had to wear J'Ai Osé. I liked its being spicy and longlasting. I liked heavy perfumes back then. I do not think I'll wear it again but I treasure happy memories of those days. The bottle was luxurious and I still have a miniature sample that it's beyond cute.

LANANANA
LANANANA

Very similar is Zen by Shiseido.

Bebe70
Bebe70

I don't like orientals. Not at all!
But when I smelled that, many years ago, I liked it! Very attractive fragrance!!
I think it is discontinued. Isn't it?

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

This one is classic) I remember my mother's friend wearing it as a sign scent.
I wonder why there isn't also J'ai Ose Baby in Fragrantica database???

maggiesmeow
maggiesmeow

Such a great scent. My chemistry changed and I can no longer wear it. Perfume is best.

For those of you craving to have more of this type of perfume, try Sonia Rykiel le Parfum, for me that one is even better, but that is my personal preference. They are both beauties!
A.

melia
melia

My mother has some of it left, and wanted to let me smell it. While putting the cap back on, she accidently pushed it over and spilled 5 ml over the table.. I was absolutely mortified.

If you'd like something like this but in a cheaper (avaliable) version, try Salvador Dali classique.

guest_alexandra
guest_alexandra

no hay quien pueda igualar al perfume öse es un olor que se combina con tu aroma natural de mujer y crea una combinacion fabulosa

amelie
amelie

J'ai ose was my signature scent for years, unusually captivating perfume which should be back again and be among the first! Barely noticeable oriental note, just as much as I love, it's a timeless perfume.
Composition is so unique, so feminine. What I particularly like about this perfume - aldehydes are highlighted. Mostly all oriental frags are seductive, mysterious and sexy, while J'ai Ose was oriental with soapy overtones, so pure and gentle, and at the same time puzzling. It's rare in today's artworks because oriental perfumes are all so similar to each other. And this is Art, to add aldehydes in a rich complex oriental composition, that you have all in one perfume. Yes, it's J'ai Ose.
And fragrant trail is one of the most impressive that I remember.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I really thought I would like this one, based on the notes and the category and era in which it originated. I recently scored a vintage J'ai Ose by Guy Laroche mini. It doesn't smell like it has turned, but I admit, I am not 100% sure what it should smell like.

At any rate, I was a bit disappointed. On me, J'ai Ose has a very 1970's musky aroma. Kind of like a musky floral perfume on dirty denim jeans that are permeated with the person's natural body odor. Very dark and murky, and yes, very interesting, and not stinky (in spite of my description of dirty denim!) Alas, it is not quite what I was hoping for. I do think I'll give it a couple more tries before I write it off completely.

cora
cora

it was my first parfume. I still love it and will buy it again and again...

koshechka
koshechka

J’ai OSE was my first “grown up” perfume. Many years and many fragrances later I still have not found anything that could come close to that exquisite bouquet of notes, lush and sophisticated at the same time, the kind that elevates a perfume to the status of a signature scent.
J’ai OSE is translated as “I have dared” and, apparently, was inspired by Napoleon Bonaparte and his love story: a shorter, stout shape of the bottle; the stopper, that is reminiscent of the Emperor’s famous hat; and the name of the fragrance itself resonating with “Josephine”. I believe, the original J’ai OSE by Guy Laroche was discontinued in the late 80s and is now produced by J’ai OSE PARIS. I was a little leery about buying the new version but decided to give it a shot… and was not disappointed! J’ai OSE PARIS has remained the same magnificent fragrance I remember from many years ago - a timeless classic…

Malegria
Malegria

Smells like liquid gold to me.Very rich, opulent, the scent of an eccentric but elegant woman. I am always thinking Gala, Dali`s wife! Aldehydes are very short living here, and I feel something like bergamot - but it`s all about peach, rose, moss, musk and aromatic oils. This scent is like a velvet black glove, it is caressing and definitely turns heads.One of the best orientals ever made.And it`s absolutely delightful in perfume concentration.

J'ai Osé by Guy Laroche 4.49 out of 5 based on 199 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guy Laroche J'ai Osé fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guy Laroche J'ai Osé, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify J'ai Osé by Guy Laroche. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of J'ai Osé by Guy Laroche represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.