Designers » F-H » Floral Aquatic « Groups

dislike

I have it: 627 I had it: 303 I want it: 178 My signature: 10

L Gwen Stefani for women Videos
L Gwen Stefani for women Pictures L Gwen Stefani for women Pictures

The first fragrance of the pop star Gwen Stefani is 'bright, fresh and clean', as she described it herself. 'Luminous green freshness' composed of mild green (violet leaf) and floral (water hyacinth, white freesia) notes opens the composition. It continues with water hyacinth and floral choir of jasmine, rose, lily of the valley and orange blossom. The base is composed of frangipani flower, peach, heliotrope and white musk and it fulfills the third condition – smells clean. The fragrance was created in 2007 by noses of Firmenich.y

Freesia Water Hyacinth Violet Leaf Pear

Orange Blossom Jasmine Sweet Pea Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Musk Peach Heliotrope Frangipani

Maybe Baby
Flower Princess

L Fragrance Reviews

KDJ
KDJ

Very pleasant fragrance! I'm starting to grow on florals, and this one is nice and clean imo. I can really smell the ripe pear and I can pick out the distinct smell of heliotrope. Good everyday fragrance that can be worn year-round.

perfumeglam87
perfumeglam87

Love this summer fragrance. Wish she would release some new fragrances under her name!

Kathrynsich
Kathrynsich

All-time favorite perfume. Not too much else to say. Simply amazing if you love aquatic, fruity, woodsy, and white/green floral scents! It's such a unique perfume and I always got compliments on it. And the longetivity is great too. It's not too girly but it's not too musky. It's sophistacted but still fresh and fun, just like Gwen. It was a perfect first fragrance for her. I hate that I have to buy it on ebay and the thought that there may be none of it left on Earth some day!

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

Bought this blind as I saw it compared to Benefit's "Maybe Baby", one of my absolute favourites (and near impossible to get in Canada). I am always on the lookout for peach fragrances (also super hard to find)so I thought I'd give it a try.

It is similar to "Maybe Baby", and to J.Lo "Glow"...probably a mix of both, also a little Jessica McClintock. It smells fresh and clean, like a sweet innocent girl.

I do not get peach at all (boo!), more of the lily of the valley and plumeria type scent. Would be perfect for the office if used lightly, and definitely a spring/summer scent (in Canada anyways, where we have 9 months of winter,ha!).

I like the shape of the bottle, different from most of my others and the rainbow/gold makes it unique (but doesn't really suit the fragrance).

bridgette
bridgette

I smell mostly honey scent w/ a touch floral and soap. It's ok, but has touch of something that I don't care for. The majority of the scent is nice though. Longevity is not great.

Soie
Soie

I purchased this unsniffed based on 1) its note of violet leaf, and 2) a review I found online which described it as being not so much of an aquatic fragrance, but rather a skin scent due to its peach & musk basenotes.

Well, I do smell the peach & musk in this, but I do NOT smell what I've come to know as the scent of violet leaf, which is grassy and breezily ozonic. The ozonic (or "aquatic") effect in L is not from violet leaf but from a very strong note of calone -- it is the same oily, over-the-top, synthetic note that comprises the fragrance Demeter Rain. It is strongly metallic and smells of industrial-strength chemicals of some sort. Just sniffing it from the sprayer leaves a bitter taste at the back of my mouth.

I will keep it and test it on a occasion just to see if my impression of it changes; if it doesn't, then I will use it in the same way I use Demeter Rain, i.e., to add a scent of ozone to my a/c filter.

teadrinker
teadrinker

Not for me! Not for me at all! On me it smelled like hairspray, weird alcohol-like notes and all. This was a perfume I had to wash off. Nope, nope, nope. It makes me kind of sad, because the bottle is pretty.

Edee
Edee

Either L Gwen Stefani will love your body's chemistry or she will thumb her nose at you. I was lucky enough to be one that she adored. When I started wearing it seven years ago, I kid you not, men would drool over this. I could be walking through the subway and every time I walked pass a man, their head would turn. And if I stopped and waited for the train by them, they would come closer. And ladies though I am considered an attractive women, what was going on back then was ridiculous. I actually would catch them taking deep breathes around me. One guy actually came right up to me and said that I smelled intoxicating. So if she doesn't agree with your body chemistry, don't hate on her. Just mourn the loss of a great fragrance experience.

ElectricLady66
ElectricLady66

I liked it but whenever I sprayed it, some weird slick oil would leak out.

yanayanakieva
yanayanakieva

Truely bright and clean.Easy to wear and very pleasant.Smells like body lotion-nice one.Lilly-of-the valley is the most dominating note at first,pear is next and then the rest of the notes go on just mixed all together.Really plesant smell.

SheAlwaysSmellsGood
SheAlwaysSmellsGood

This was my signature scent in ~2007-8 and I loved it so very much. I had no idea that what I was smelling was pear and now that I'm a bit older I don't think I would go for pear now. I remember I got a gift set of this with a small spray, a rollerball, and a lotion for very cheap at a discount store. That rollerball was my best friend. I found it lasted a lot longer than the spray and had a different, deeper earthy quality about it that took the zest out of the pear. It worked really well for my chemistry. I am almost tempted to search eBay for it again to relive the scent. Funny thing is, I met my best friend because we were both wearing this perfume!

Spencemonster
Spencemonster

Gosh. What can I say. I have had this scent for years. Being a huge Gwen Stefani/No doubt fan technically Gwen's "LAMB" was one of my very first scents years ago. My bottle I originally had actually broke! I was half way through but got a new full bottle for Christmas a few years back. This scent doesn't tier or go rancid. I RARELY wear this sadly because it gives me the most god awful case of itchy nose and sinus headache/migraine :( shame because this scent is beautiful. I love it....till it kicks my ass and makes me sicker than a dog. I have to say 9 out of 10 times I do wear it I get sick. It's monumentally heavy and holds to fabric in clothing like a child clings to a mother. I have to try to wear this in smaller
Dosages. I will attempt again when I don't mind possibly getting sick :/ I can't bear to part with the scent as the bottle is gorgeous and holds sentimental value. Just a shame I barely wear it. But when I do aside from being smothered people love it on me and always compliment it! Just never have the heart to admit it's killing me slowly and gagging me while I wear it haha :/ love u Gwen! Even through all the sickness this is still a 5 out of 5 fragrance.

Tine1world
Tine1world

It's so true. Everything you say is so true of this.

Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I smell like the Red Back or Loaded Dog, may they rest in pieces, Pub breweries have a scent.
I smell Like the ripe fresh bubbles of fine designer Beer. Other times I smell Like cypress trees.

If you kept your box, there is a few rows of running words Ale Ale Ale Ale. Just under the top of the box lid. And sure enough it smells like that on me. I wouldn't want to be pulled over by some zealot cop smelling like a pub brewery. But you know I sometimes love the aroma of a well brewed pot of Boutique ALE? Citrusy and zesty and frothy.

This fragrance can at times go the mileage and effuse all night.

It's still summer here and I waited and waited for a perfect time to wear it, and it turned on me. Like I just took a swim in the new brew vat. Lucky I was home that night.

It's a love hate fragrance all right and truly unpredictable. It vaguely, just vaguely reminds me of Caleche.

But I don't hate it. I admire it's uniqueness.

Cheers T.

robori
robori

I always wanted to buy this perfume for the bottle and love gwen but with so many negative comments here I decided to test the shower gel first so do not regret it, and the smell of the shower gel is amazing, so I decided to buy the fragrance, and beautiful fragrance! fresh, fruity, floral, a delicious mix of everything, one of my favorite perfumes! in my skin lasts well and has good projection , the smell is very strong sweet and unique, slightly aquatic, love love love

YogaRose
YogaRose

This scent reminds me of garden roses on Our Lady of Guadalupe Day in my grandma's Mexican garden when she would gather them up in the Nuevo Leon countryside back then.Come to think of it, her richly fragrant rose bushes were next to a peach tree full of ripe delectable fruits....with an aquatic climate of a fresh overcast as the breeze kissed my face. What a lovely combination for me. This is what this beautiful fragrance reminds me of; especially the rose and the peach in pure rain water.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

L L.A.M.B. fits its description perfectly - bright, fresh and clean. This is a different take on a fresh floral fragrance but seems to be, as other reviewers have noted, a love it or hate it scent. I happen to love it for the summer! It works well as a pick me up in the warm weather.

L positively bursts with freshness! The opening is pretty vivacious but in a short time settles down. The yellow flowers and pear give this a bright, sunny vibe, while retaining the cool freshness of the water hyacinth and lily of the valley.

If you'd like to find a fresh, cool fragrance without heavy doses of citrus or aquatic notes, then this is worth a try!

CHOYÈTTI
CHOYÈTTI

I can't make up my mind on this one: It's very full of pear, pear and pear.
It's nice otherwise but that weird laundry detergent scent "keeps the competition on" between itself and the pear smell.
Not a peaceful perfume by any meaning.
The bottle is one of the most ridiculous ones I've had.

I would say this is actually quite unisex fragrance.

Update: It smells like peeled & smashed pears in flower water.

I want to like this because I want smell like Gwen.

Udate 2: It does not last long at all on me. Within 20 minutes it's gone, no matter how much I spray it on.

Awful on me! When I tested this somewhere I thought it had to be one of the ugliest perfumes in the world, almost rotten and rancid. I gave it a second try from a different tester: same reaction.
I guess this is a problem with my chemistry.
I didn' think it smells like Benefit Maybe Baby at all, because that one smells much better to me, but it was not for me either because it smells rancid, too.
I cannot point out the culprit for this effect. Maybe pear? Who knows.

Betty J
Betty J

I love how it smells from the bottle and on my Mum, but on me it smells rancid and it has such longevity that it stays on my skin from 8am in the morning well in to the evening. Not really good when it smells bad on you.

I adore the bottle design, just wish it mixed well with my body chemistry.

Shellywell
Shellywell

To me, this fragrance smells like JLo Live Luxe. When I tried it on in a department store I let my sister smell it and she said, "It smells like the perfume you already have." (which was JLo Live Luxe) Then I smelled it and those two fragrances smell the same on me. This fragrance does smell nice. It smells like a fresh blend of fruits and florals, but it's not a sweet fragrance.

LoveNote
LoveNote

I like the smell of this perfume, but it doesn't last long at all. I wouldn't buy it again.

willbear
willbear

my mother wears this nice in the summer lots of pear and orange flower its summer

gaz525
gaz525

Anyone think this smells like j.lo 'glow'??it's nice but does smell like a stronger version of glow

torkwan
torkwan

My god this is such a beautiful fragrance, no doubt. I fell in love with this scent when I was a junior in high school and I'm still so in love with it today.

It's such an interesting, rounded scent that's fresh and floral. I've honestly never smelled anything like this, and I don't think I've found anything remotely close. This, aside from La Vie est Belle, is one of the fragrances that stopped me in my tracks and had me day dreaming about it.

I do have to say that the scent pretty much stays the same from beginning of the spray until it fades--I personally like that there's no change in scent.

One or two sprays is enough, more than that will definitely make you nauseous. You will definitely keep smelling yourself though--it's so irresistible!

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Stunning fragrance!!! I LOVE LOVE it!
Lots of Jasmine, ( I get shades of Alien), a beautiful pear note, lily of the valley which is a soft and delicate little thing, and an orchestra of florals which quite frankly sing to me in perfect harmony.
This perfume is what a floral is all about, it's not a sickly mass of candy floss and sugar pie sweetness which suffocates all who dare to inhale it, This is a REAL floral scent. I may not be any kind of expert, but I have smelled a few perfumes in my time, some cheap made for the masses and some very expensive classics, but this is very impressive for what it is.
The bottle is divine, but the juice is a creamier and more jasmine based version of Maybe Baby but 100 times nicer, well blended and classier.
This is grown up, elegant, addictive and utterly fabulous!
I cannot believe that this is a celeb fragrance and that it is so ridiculously cheap! I believe that Gwen Stefani has worked hard with her chosen 'nose', to create this wonderful little beauty. Her efforts have paid off, this lady is obviously a keen perfumista who actually cares about the product that she's representing.
Great silage, impressive longevity, this is a keeper for me and I think it shall remain in my collection for many years ahead.

Spikekuji
Spikekuji

I love the bottle design. That said, the bottle holds no clue to the scent inside. With the Rasta-glass meets golden-modern glam, I expected something complex, womanly. The perfume, sicky sweet and girlish, should be one of Gwen's Harujuku Girls. Most likely to be found on a high school locker shelf, next to JLo Glow.

alanav09
alanav09

i find it interesting that a perfume that is considered to be a dupe of 'maybe baby' has such worse ratings... i feel like a completely separate market is voting for each one.

anyway, i liked maybe baby way back in the day, and i had an opportunity to grab this guy up in a swap, so i jumped at it. at the very first blast, its like 100% alcohol, so i know not to spritz it directly on myself. i spray it in the air, wait a second and then go through. its such a lovely, clean, after shower scent. very airy pear, sheer youthful lily of the valley, a nice full bodied freesia (but not too sweet like a lot of freesia scents are), and a touch of rose.

it is a pleasant, feminine, clean scent without being citrus. ill give it 4 stars, cause its definitely fleeting. good thing i don't mind spritzing myself with perfume constantly =]

Laurynngd
Laurynngd

I like this scent. I think it is perfect for summer; really fresh. I am on my second bottle of it.
I find it similar to L´eau d´issey.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

this is a really refreshing, lily-of-the-valley scent

tutanfrutan
tutanfrutan

OH MY GOD of perfumes!! She ordained this one especially for me. I wish I could describe fragrances like most of you, by analyzing the different notes and such but honestly, I am not equipped with that knowledge. All I can say, is that this fragrance makes me feel comforted, happy and peaceful. It changes so much as the hours go by, but I love what it's doing and all the different places it is taking me. It started out a bit fruity and sweet but settled down into a more reserved scent. HMMM...I thought I'd never find a signature scent but this is it right here.

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

a blind buy and not my cup of tea.
3.4 oz sprayed twice up
for swap.

AngelaChase
AngelaChase

Now THIS is a perfume! A perfume is a composition of different notes, that blend together to make one single scent! Otherwise all you have is a bottle of different notes that make you smell different every 10 to 15 minutes while it's on your skin. What's so good about smelling like rose for 5 minutes, then vanilla, then jasmine, then lily of the valley? Then this and then that? What's the point? You may as well go to "The body shop" and buy a strawberry body spray! Those kinds of manufactured, mainstream rubbish are NOT perfumes, and that's exactly what's wrong with people today and how they buy perfume! Perfumes are being overlooked for sugar-sweet-candy-boring nothings that the term "Perfume" is being wasted on people who just want to smell like a candy-shop!
"L" is a real perfume created by a team (Including Gwen herself) that have taken care of every single detail!
All the notes in this mixture have actually been carefully chosen to do what a perfume should do, "Create it's own signature scent" and that's exactly what you get with this wonder!
This is so very unisex that I can see women purposely spraying their partners in order to get them to use a cologne because there is nothing feminine or masculine about this!
This smells like fresh, clean soap or those early 90's "Family shampoos" that every member of the family could use from one bottle!
This is a spring-time, day-time perfume! And perfect for meeting someone for the first time or going somewhere for the first time!
If not knowing what to wear or what mood you're in or what to spray with which outfit...you will always turn to this!
The comments about a synthetic smell are confusing and surprising. That "Clean-soap" scent is what people are mistaking for synthetic and now that you've read this you'll understand what I mean when you smell it!
It stays the same from first spray to last remains, just like a perfume should!
A great perfume for young girls, teenage girls, young woman, mothers and grandmothers and all nationality's! Incredibly versatile!
As stated before...every single detail has been taken care of, with special consideration into what "Gwen Stefani" represents! This is a perfume she would wear herself and was the main reason for it's creation!
From the scent, down to the bottle, colouration, box and promotion...it all comes together like a movie from start to finish!
My only complaint is that the bottle is as heavy as a brick. This would weigh your bag down if you had to carry it all day...even after taking the cool, gold top off, the bottle alone is still very heavy!
However, the style, bottle and packaging really go with the feel of this perfume!
Perfume in total 8/10
Longevity 5/10...better for dry skin types

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

This is by far the most unique celebrity fragrance with the attention to details I've ever came across.

The smell is not your typical sweet air freshener teeny bopper toilette water ( for toilette use only in my book ) kind of fragrance that the rest of celebrities are making now days. This smells very unique, floral aquatic almost lotion kind of a smell to it. It's very fresh and different. This is the only celebrity fragrance I have, because usually I snob them all, but not Gwen, this is as unique as her, her self.

Longevity is not very good, but I do not expect it for the low price that this fragrance is, but the packaging all the way to the box, colors, cap, spray nozzle is just perfection, paying attention to every little detail.

5 stars for Gwen Stephany!

lindsaylohan
lindsaylohan

L by Gwen Stefani is so different from the usual crop of celebrity brand fragrances that the mixed reviews are to be expected. Upon first spray, the fragrance does open up as a synthetic floral (for me, reminiscent of the smell of hair dye boxes) but I feel as though the initial shock is only because as an avid fan of celebrity brand fragrances, I was expecting Gwen Stefani's debut fragrance to be like any other -- maybe a little caramelized, possibly exploding with fruit. That said, you have to admire Stefani for debuting such a bold fragrance. To me, this has a lot of personality and its definitely unique in its own way. Yes, it does open up synthetic, but within a time span of maybe 15 seconds, it bursts with florals and pear. The dry down is heavenly, a rich floral with distinct notes of freesia and lily of the valley. L is very fresh, very aquatic, and very mature. If you find yourself leaning more towards the Paris Hilton/Jessica Simpson/Britney Spears varieties, this particular scent might not appeal to you. But if you're looking for a more adult, every day fragrance to carry you from the office to cocktail with the girls, L is perfect. This is the kind of fragrance I can see Gwen wearing herself, it's very multi-layered and classy... the kind of perfume that works with any occasion. Also, it's Incredibly long lasting too (8+ hours for me with just one spray), and beautifully packaged. I really like this one.

RedLady
RedLady

Whilst I agree that Gwen could’ve gone the extra mile with her first fragrance, I think some of the reviews here are way too harsh (and exaggerating).
The opening is very harsh and overly synthetic, so I do understand why people would react badly to it initially. It does make you back off.
BUT the dry down is very quick and so different! It becomes much softer and I love getting to the peaches at the base. This is very much a summer day scent, with a mild unisex edge, possibly due to the aquatic notes. Very clean and fresh.
And the bottle is so quirky and whilst not that practical, looks pretty cool on your shelf.

graciebelly

P.P.S. LOVE LOVE LOVE the bottle (cap can be cumbersome though)..But it's over the top and strong...like Gwen :)

graciebelly

P.S...Everytime I wear this I get great compliments.

graciebelly

I'm surprised by how many people DON'T like this perfume. I absolutely LOVE it. The first thing I think of when I smell it is how much I want to DRINK it...It smells crispy and juicy like honeysuckle and peach. GREAT summer scent. It's longevity is awesome. I mist my clothes with 2 sprays, disrobe and wear my clothes again another day...I still smell it and it remains bright and succulent. With all do respect...you people who hate it, are CRAZY!..(not really, I understand different strokes for different folks and I really don't mean any disprespect)...The scent does make me sneeze sometimes...but not in a bad way...Is that weird? Its so bright..that it gets up the nostril...causes a sneeze..but after it settles..its like honey peach light rose. I LOVE this scent. The lotion when rubbed throught the hair smells wonderful...If you want to smell like a juicy, bright, succulent fruit/flower...this is the scent for you.

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

I liked this when I first bought it but it was....weird. It has what I would describe as an oriental feel and it's sharp upon first spray. It settles into what I think is a mature business woman kind of scent, and because of that I wore it to work alot (even though I was in my mid 20's when I had it) But I think I got over wanting to like it and realized I really didn't. It's not pretty and I imagine a 80's power woman with shoulder pads and a Brigitte Nielsen haircut when I smell it.

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

I too have a love-hate relationship with this perfume. It smells nice but I have to be in the mood for it. I dont dislike it, but its not a timeless treasure of fragrance to me either. On my skin, it smells crisp and fresh and I really like that. I found it for $14.99 at TJ Maxx, so no losses here. I doubt that I would buy it again, but I have no regrets purchasing it. A little goes a long way so since I bought the 3.4 oz, I realize that I'm gonna be babysitting that bottle for a long time to come.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I remember testing this perfume whenever it was first released and I thought it was really synthetic and plastic smelling.

I decided to test this again as it was selling for a good price. It starts quite strong, aquatic and floral. The violet, hyacinth, lily and pear are the most dominant notes on my skin.

It smells like expensive shower gel or soap. It resembles hairspray but in a really good way!

Overall, a very pleasant clean and floral fragrance. I personally am more of a sweet gourmand girl but sometimes it's nice to have a fresh and floral scent in your collection.

I recommend to give this a second chance, you may like it!

wbp
wbp

This stuff really make me feel physically sick. It's really synthetic and so disgusting fragrance. I can't take even one singular note, it doesn't smell fresh at all!That was a blind buy for me,so don't blind buy it, even if the price is ridiculous, don't waste your money!

akeener
akeener

I used to get many compliments when I wore this one. Important to go light though.. can be overwhelming if applied to much.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Very clean and fresh smell. Like a just went into store with fresh flowers waiting to be sniffed and admired. Freesia is taking over here, i don't get any peach or pear that's why floral and aquatic are the best words to describe this scent. I like it but wouldn't buy full bottle myself. I'd prefer to smell it on somebody passing by. It's simple too light and watery for me. Nice composition all in all.

babylima
babylima

such a different celebrity scent, not your average overly sweet perfume. it smells really clean and fresh, but do i like it? not at all. i dont think it suits me. in fact i dont know who i should recommend this to. i do however admire how daring gwen is for making this.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

My sister bought this and wasn't sure of it so after testing it I bought it from her. Not something I would have considered using before bearing in mind the floral notes however it is truely devine. I have since bought several bottles and is one of my many fragances. It is a very clean and fresh scent but not at in the aquatic scense. Quite strong and certainly a confident scent if that thr right way to describe. A very unique fragrance that I had not come accross before. Its last for hours and hours and usually wear it of an evening and on some occasions during the day when I've wanted something a little more glam and heavier, compared to my usual gourmand perfumes. I have had so many compliments wearing this. Everytime my sister notices that I'm wearing it she'll immediately say 'Lamby' lol

Louise Graves
Louise Graves

Fresh bright fragrance and very much in line with who Gwen Stefani is. Great after a nice warm shower. Bright and breezey. This was a blind buy. Just saw it and had to have it. Reminds me very much of JLO's Glow. The same soft dry down. It's not complex and in your face. All in all a very safe fragrance.

i think this will be a perfect perfume for spring. to me, this a lovely burst of the nicest spring flowers, slight musk and fresh pear. not heavy or cloying at all, just a fresh and clean smelling fragrance. lasting time is good and projection is fair. i really like this a lot... happy with this purchase.

Pinksugarplum03
Pinksugarplum03

It's a very unique scent. It's fresh and clean smelling but I don't like it. I prefer sweeter scents. It's too bad because I love Gwen Stefani! I like her harajuku fragrances though!

Kellenalexis
Kellenalexis

I love this fragrance. It's just so calming to me. I can wear it any time, any day, anywhere and it goes with every occasion.

grasslands
grasslands

Re: theprophetblog - I got my bottle from My Chemist (another Australian discount chemist) but I paid $39 for it because it was the first week of release.

I really wanted to like it, and I loved the bottle, but to me it smells like the worst peach shampoo. I was so desperate to get rid of it I ended giving it to a friend who doesn't even like perfume. God knows what she did with it. It's a shame I didn't know about this site back then, and all you fans who love the scent. Don't worry it hasn't stopped me from making many more blind buys.

theprophetblog
theprophetblog

Judging by these comments, a lot of my fellow Australians picked this up for 20 bucks as a blind buy from Priceline, like me!

Anyway, I wanted to like this, but... it smells like toilet spray / air freshener. It's very synthetic, and smells like a more wearable, lighter version of the stuff you spray in your toilet. I wouldn't call it unique, either.

It's actually not out and out bad, but it's not really wearable either as I don't know anybody who would want to smell like toilet spray, even if it is a somewhat nice smelling one.

I won't wear this at all. I thought I would for hot summer days when I'm exercising or having a lowkey day, but I already have some cheap fresh celeb cents -- Jennifer Aniston, Harajuku Lovers Baby, Britney Believe -- for that, and they are all 100000x better than this, even if they all have terrible sillage and lonegvity (minus Britney -- it's surprisingly well made).

blacktulipgirl
blacktulipgirl

I loved this, I bought it blind because it was on sale at my chemist. I wore it daily. The only thing is the bottle sucks. The lid broke completely, the top broke so it wouldn't spray, all within days of purchasing. However, I received lots of compliments on this fragrance. I loved the way it smelled on me and it was good for the hot humid Brisbane summer.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

Y'all are too hard on this unique treasure. I feel like it completely captures who Gwen is, and that's what attracts me most to this. It's fresh, unique, and hard to describe...and to me, I smell a bit of an aerosol hair-spray scent, but in a very positive way. It makes me imagine a flawless, classic beauty queen. I mostly smell pear and water hyacinth, which are two notes that I adore. It's aquatic, fresh, and cleanly tropical without being sickly. It settles down to a beautiful, enveloping, long-lasting fragrance.

Smunky
Smunky

I got this as a blind buy for $20. And I can't pinpoint what it is, but I just don't care for it. Maybe the season is all wrong for this - I'm going to pack it away and retry in the spring. But right now it is not my cup of tea.

MeanSuga
MeanSuga

I originally gifted my sister a bottle of this, considering she loves orange blossom and musk.
She thought it was okay, a little strange. Soon after, my step daughter gave me a gift set for Christmas. I was delighted, because I was curious about the scent as well.. and I love Gwen Stefani`s creativity and style. The rose, peach, orange blossom, and musk really stand out to me. I apply into the air, and twirl in the mist ( as I do with many scents), and dab a bit behind my ears. I get a heaviness about it , a stickiness, when it hits my skin, so I am cautious about not over applying. I had only worn in cooler and cold months, because of the consistency of the liquid I seem to feel on my skin - maybe that`s just me.
I see other reviewers that like this scent, see it as summery. Maybe next summer I will give it a try.
I have had two male co-workers compliment the fragrance. I am in contact with up to 20+ male co-workers a day, only 3 women, so I take the men`s input into consideration. The bottle is different. I am bottle collector, so this one will be added to the collection. The bottle is heavy, and somewhat awkward to apply the fragrance. I have a 3.4 ounce EDP, and have used half in 11 months. Will most likely buy for myself when it is gone. Maybe a smaller bottle, if available.

comfortablynumb83
comfortablynumb83

I don't understand why so many dislike this! I really like it. It smells floral and earthy to me, yet not strong to the point of perfume suffocation. I think it's a beautiful floral fragrance. Good job Gwen!

mylensauvageau
mylensauvageau

Before i smell and buy lamb i expect a daily fragrance that's it ! ... i know now i never had THE FRAGRANTICA OK it's mine .. it's my total découverte de MA .. MY fragrance. It's funny because i never see before a forum with so intelligent review .. The fragrance Lover can change the world ! :P

So for me ? Lamb ? My Fragrance (i can buy !) and be happy !

I smell a lot of celebrity fragrance and lamb is the first one i can say is différent .. A Lot !

Nice Day =)

xx

cinema1974
cinema1974

It a reminds me of Vivian Westwood fragrance like she was trying to copy it... I can't remember which one but it was in a white bottle but it very citrus and burst of lemon,cantalope,grapefruit... it not bad but just could not use it up...it nice but it reminds me of Westwood replication... nice for a fresh scent...just okay for me...

mystica
mystica

If you like Sweet Peas you will certainly adore this. Indeed I haven't before come across to another perfume which is quite centred around this note.

Freesias are pretty detectable too.

Malibu

This fragrance is a real struggle to describe: I can't separate any of the listed individual notes, apart from the long pear note, so the top, heart and base of L just blends into one big jumble.

I'm not sure what the perfumers mean by sparkling greens, but I'd bet on soggy leaves judging by scent. The weak, watery florals are overpowered by the pear note, so I don't feel confident enough to guess at what everything is meant to be.

In summary: L is basically a fruit salad, washed down with a gallen of water. I can't believe that Gwen Stefani would put her name and brand to this; there's nothing unique to L.

I'm not a fan of knock-everyone-within-a-12-mile-radious-out fragrances, but this is way too safe. Wearing it gets quite frustrating; I sniff my wrist non-stop and rack my brain trying to seperate scent notes from the jumble.

L is not something I'd re-buy for myself; it's so bland and lifeless. But - thinking about it - L would be a safe gift choice for someone. It's wearable on all women, regardless of age, job etc

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

This is a big flowery mess on me. Very dissonant, watered down, uninspired blend of floral and fruits. I get no indolic effect from sniffing at the white flower composition on my wrist, which sadly makes me think this is an entirely synthetic creation. I just did a bit of research about jasmine and I found that the chemical hedione is used to reproduce the smell of jasmine without the indolic effect (to produce a "clean" jasmine scent). So that's how some perfume with jasmine end up being so squeaky clean!! I personally like indolic scents like the one found in the controversial LUSH Lust. They make perfumes smell more real and deep, sexier and they provoke more emotional reactions.

Added to this frangipani in the base notes and this becomes overly cheap-exotic smelling to me. I could not stand the smell but I let it dry down to the end to give it a fair chance. But just like Gwen, who went from super cool queen of ska-punk to a confusing chameleon of whatever trend of the moment is the most popular, one day commercial hip-hop and the next day sexy cutesy pop singer, this perfume is really looking for itself, never really finding its true identity because it is simply trying to please too many people at once. This tactic might work with music, but sadly not much with perfumes.

Nice try, but never again, Gwen Stefani!

gofruityourself
gofruityourself

Why the dislikes?? I LOVE this scent. If you like maybe baby by benefit, you will dig this. Maybe baby was my favorite way before this but the scent faded away so fast so I never repurchased it. I use Lamb now. I remember first spraying this in the store and was surprised at how great it was!!! Gets 5 stars from me!!

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

It's like the budget version of Annick Goutal's Petit Cherie. The peach, pear and rose dominate. Very fresh and energising. Unique in it's own way. Granted - it's not going to be everybody's cup of tea. Good daytime for wearing to work.

Mamabear88
Mamabear88

My body chemistry did not work with this fragrance.I personally think its a completely foul fragrance.Way too heady and not much development over time.It also caused my skin to itch something chronic.Im a huge fan of Gwen Stefani however,and am hoping for perhaps another fragrance to replace this hideous scent.

Romnel
Romnel

I LOVE the COMMERCIAL

musictwig
musictwig

I like it when it first goes on, but later on it just doesn't smell as good.

feedingfairies
feedingfairies

This is the perfume I reach for in my collection, maybe mainly because I want to use it up, and I'm kinda "over it". L is very clean and floral to me: Pear, Lily of the Valley and Jasmine is what I smell. It also reminds me of dergent (slightly synthetic). The perfume does not last long on me/my nose might be immune to it, since I use it almost every day. I prefer the "Want you all over me"-lotion over the actual perfume because the smell lasts on me and it is slightly softer and sweeter. I recommend it to women who want to smell clean and like floral scents. I don't like the lid, but the bottle is nice. I don't think I will buy it again.

Cams
Cams

I can't believe how much I like this! Fresh, softly floral and very lovely. It's perfect for spring and summer and very long lasting. Pleasant surprise!

Aspendina
Aspendina

ok wait I passed up swap offers on this!?!?! dang I am kicking myself, I LOVE this stuff. Just tried it for the first time and wow its like spring in a bottle. I do not even like floral scents that much but this is a "good floral". I get mostly jasmine in the most lovely way. Adding this to my wish list now, this will be perfect for next spring. :-)

p.s - can the bottle get any uglier though? :-(

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

I love this! The first time I put it on, I was hooked right away. It is so fresh and feminine. I smell peach and refreshing fruits and some light and breezy florals. Not many fragrances don't last on me but this one has real good staying power and good sillage. I bought it blindly at Ross for a great price. It was cheap so it would have been no loss if I didn't like it. But if I ever see another bottle of this, I would for sure grab it. I would pay much more.

nightcat23
nightcat23

Smells very tropical and fruity but in a fruit punch kind of way and slightly watered down.

MrsB74
MrsB74

I was on a search to find my signature fragrance. It took me years, until I smelled this perfume. I simply love it. I wear it and constantly get good comments on how it smells. Even when I think the scent has left, it is still there. It can be worn in cold and warm weather. It is not to heavy, and the scent is so crisp, and clean. I just love it. Gwen did her thing on this one.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Received it as a gift from my hubby. I like it...Smells clean, energizing, refreshing. It's floral with a fruity background. Very casual; I think it's the perfect summer frag. I agree, it's an unusual smell...that's why I like it.

PerfumeEmporium
PerfumeEmporium

A more mature fragrance by Gwen Stefani (in contrast to the cutesy Harajuku Lovers). Floral with fruity undertones of Peach Skin. Natural, Fresh, and Earthy...a lovely Spring/Summer fragrance!

UPDATE: After wearing this fragrance for a while...the perfume took a very odd turn and started to smell like the cheap, pink public bathroom soap. Not so great...

rosecat
rosecat

Hmmm I'm on the fence with this too. It's very strong! It's initial burst is so intense it gave me a headache :/ I smell the jasmine, lily of the valley & orange blossom mainly...very synthetic though. Then half an hour in it really does resemble "Floret", one of my all time favorites. For the price it could be good purchase.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

I really LOVE this! Its definitely a spring, summer fragrance. I've received so many compliments! Its definitely different, not very feminine, but definitely not masculine. Its floral, watery, fruity & a hint sweet. Projection & staying power are wonderful!

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

Well, on my skin I get mostly pear and very heady, cheap smelling rose and helitrope. I do get a very slight aquatic feel too.

The lasting power is incredible and it has decent sillage.

My husband HATES this one, he said it "smells like a men's locker room". So, I ended it swapping my bottle.

It actually makes stationary smell fabulous, so I used mine to scent my writing papers.

Not bad, but, I wouldn't repurchase. My husband hates it on me, doesn't work with my skin chemistry.

heddylove
heddylove

Instantly fell in love as this smells exactly like the little bottle of glittered suntan lotion that came with a summertime barbie when I was a kid :) I can instantly tell when someone is wearing it. It's definitly a unique and highly identifiable smell.

heatherine
heatherine

I really like this. It's sweet but not overly so and lasts all day, starting out sweeter and getting more mellow. The bottle is nothing special, (though I love the turquoise & gold lotion bottle scheme). Not a typical celebrity scent; Stefani holds her own in the design world as well.

Amberrose
Amberrose

I really don't like this at all.I don't like to be mean talking about a scent because everyone has there own opinion but this smells very yucky!

Lushylori
Lushylori

Very energizing and fresh..I'm picking up a lot of the Rose and Lily of the valley.
I was surpised by the smell because the bottle looks as if it would contain a warmer scent.
I like it for Summer & spring but not for any other season.
I kinda like the bottle but it totally doesnt match the scent IMO
This one would be nice to wear with a Sundress in the warmer weather.
Not a favorite but it definitely has its place in my perfume Wardrobe...:)

pinkposies80
pinkposies80

Seems everybody hates this one but I actually like it. Its very fresh and clean smelling. Something you put on after the shower. To my nose I smell lots of freesia, peach and something somewhat synthetic but not disgusting.

sweetgirl

Moved on from this maybe baby copy, hate this now , it reeks its so 2004, threw my old bottle out! Ha!

melzy
melzy

Like other reviewers I agree with two things. It's a fragrance you either love or hate, and seeing so many negative reviews is disappointing to those who actually like the fragrance. It's as if a lot of reviewers felt utterly compelled to let the world know how full of hate they are for this fragrance.

Moving on. To me, L is a stark contrast to the sweet and fruity Harajuku line. It's a uniquely clean, fresh floral. I get violet leaf, lily-of-the-valley, hyacinth and freesia coming through strongly. A hint of a soapy note too. Definitely a scent you need just one spray of, in large quantities it can be a little nauseating. The rasta-coloured bottle is cool, but the clunky gold lid - not so much.

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

This is either one you will love or hate! Personally I can't stand the bugger, lol

It smells very synthetic to my nose, and I'm not a fan of peach... which to like this pefume is definently a requirement. And it does slightly resemble bathroom cleaner for me. Not sure how much of this is because of a comment I read or that it actually smells like bathroom cleaner, but now I cant get this image out of my head. Just swapped this hopefully it goes to a home that can love it, because here, it;s love starved.

The bottle is a clunky mess. Although I do dig the 70's kind of punk disco vibe of it all. Still though somewhat of an eye sore!

Fragaria

I just got a Little Dot collectors set from Avon that includes violet, rose, and hyacinth. I don't believe I've smelled JUST hyacinth before. That is THE strongest note I smell with L. I suppose that if you tried each perfume at the same time, you'd notice a difference BUT!...just quickly from a foot away, no one could tell the difference I think. This is without a doubt, THE grandest perfume ever for a hyacinth lover!

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

This is a bi-polar fragrance !! I cant decide if i love or hate . Some days theres a strange "Plastic" note underlying the scent which distubs me. Test , test and test again !

Jellybean
Jellybean

This is different and unique. I have to agree with one of the reviewers about the following: it smells like a "scented pool chlorinated water". Lily of the valley, violet leaf and freesia are nicely combined here and give away that crisp, fresh watery floral aura. It is reminiscent of poolside and "bathing suit smell". This sounds like wtf, but it's not as bad; I got it on sale today and surprisingly I like it, despite many nay reviews. Most people associate Gwen with harajuku and this perfume is totally different than any of teeny harajuku scents. It is still young but it can be worn by anyone who likes it, all age. It gets a bit stronger after 30 minutes and lasts whole day. This is the perfect alternative to lack of tropical scented spf's, spraying this on will make yah smell nice and beachy in a refreshing way.
I give a credit to this one since it's bold and unique creation, and not trying to appeal to most young spenders to generate sales. Thumbs up Gwen!

AzraElle
AzraElle

liked the way it smelled in the bottle so I tried it on, its not bad smelling but on me the floral notes come on way too strong you can definetely smell the freesia and the lily of the valley. just too floral for my taste

AprilLouisa
AprilLouisa

My favourite perfume out of all the ones I've ever owned so far. So fresh and not overly sweet, floral but not over the top or synthetic smelling - my only disappointment is it's not very strong. If you buy a bottle be a bit careful because the logo on the top of the sprayer rubbed off on my last 3 bottles because the lid leaked a bit and I then got a bit of leaked perfume on my fingers and when I sprayed it the logo rubbed away and stuck to my fingers! Not having that problem so far with my latest bottle though :)

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Gwen Stefani L is definitely freesia galore! Fresh freesia with crisp water hyacinth, deep green violet leaf for a clean musk scent and a hint of sweet orange blossom. This is a very unique celebrity fragrance, not the typical fruity, sugary, or sweet scent. It’s absolutely Gwen Stefani chic with this gorgeous bottle and the fragrance really embodies her sense of style! Perfect!

jenny2301

I too am very surprised with all the negative comments. I do not smell bathroom cleaner or bug spray or a cheap scent. I really enjoy this smells wonderful on me!

jenny2301

Omg I love this scent...Smells sooooooooooo good..it is very floral but the green notes in it balance it out...I LOVE THIS...I Will be wearing for years to come...good job on a celeb perfume..I think one of the best..of celeb perfumes that is!

paganpurge
paganpurge

I don't know. I was so excited to get L...first because I love Gwen Stefani and second because I love the bottle...but I was underwhelmed and sort of disappointed. From first spray until drydown all I can seem to smell is pear or fruit of some sort. I had high hopes that it would dry down into something less sweet but it never did, it actually started to smell caramel-like after an hour or so. In all honesty, this smells pretty similar to VS Pear Glace to me. I will wear it on days when I want something light and fruity but, to me, L is pretty one dimensional.

*Edited to add: It has been a few months and I have fallen IN LOVE with this scent! I can't explain the 360 I have had with L but I think it is just delicious! :)

Tovah
Tovah

This is relatively pretty, but my nose translates something in it as the scent of Gerber baby food pears, and I just don't want to smell like the contents of a jar of baby food. Maybe I tried a sample that was past its prime.

thinknice
thinknice

I own this perfume and its surprising even to me because I'm not into sweet /floral types. This smell is very peachy with a heavy floral undertone. I love to wear this only in the summertime and during the day. The bottle has very beautiful Jamaican colors but the gold top was not very thought out. Every time i pick it up the weight of the perfume is heavy it falls on to my vanity. Any woman in her 20s and 30s can get away with wearing this scent.

SheShe
SheShe

Gosh. I dislike the fragrance. Very much! It wears uneasy, almost as if insects were walking on flowers. I've never used words 'bug repellent' about any fragrance till now. I don't know, maybe Gwen wanted to sell sophisticated fragrance, but such a sophistication... as if random heavy flowers were thrown into - you wan't get gorgeous sophistication by that. Weird and bad - went to my dustbin, that doesn't happen often either. Bottle brings Shiseido's Zen to my mind.

Jannahrf
Jannahrf

I'm so disappointed in all these negative reviews. I absolutely LOVE L. I buy it as often as possible now that I know it has been discontinued. For me, it smells like a full, sexy floral with base notes of musk & a little earthy. Not similar to all the celebrity perfumes out there, I was pleasantly surprised! I get SO many compliments when I wear this. It is a powerful smell, not for the faint of heart. I find it makes a bold feminine statement. As opposed to the 'over ripe peach' that everyone smells, I think it may be the *orange blossom* that gives that deeply sweet smell. I happen to love orange blossom so it works for me! :) You definitely need to give this a chance on your skin rather than how it smells in the bottle. I'm about to place an order online for 2 more bottles right now :)

Was it the "sparkling green freshness" (note scare quotes...) or perhaps the leafy water hyacinth amalgmated to pears and white freesia? All I know is that the moment I made the fated decision to don Gwen Stefani L-LAMB in a store today, it became clear that I had made a very serious mistake. Instant headache in a bottle! My poor little neurons were pulsating in pain until I finally made my way out of the store and into the abundant fresh air of the parking lot, where I hyperventilated for several minutes in order to flush out all of my suffering, suffocating cells.

Never again will I subject myself to such torture. I tested a few of the Harajuku Lovers collection a while back, which were so banal and BHT-laden that I could only come up with haiku reviews, but L is positively toxic on my skin. Gwen Stefani now numbers among my select list of celebrity "perfumers" to scrupulously avoid.

The bottle should have been the biggest warning sign of all. Cheap plastic huge cap, the very antithesis of fondle-worthy, a complete and utter aesthetic mess. Honestly, it brought back memories of a yuppie couple I once knew who had silverware that was so cheap and flimsy and battered and ugly that it looked as though it might have been lifted from a hospital cafeteria. But I digress...

Bad bottle, worse contents. Thank goodness I set my skepticism about induction temporarily to one side and had the good sense not to buy this one blind. Oh my, I must be suffering memory loss from today's poisoning: I have yet to describe the smell of this "perfume"! Think BEYOND PARADISE plus molten plastic and insecticide.

halwaya
halwaya

I bought this one without trying it first.. only because it was on a massive online sale. For that price (£5) I thought I would give it a go.. but it wasn't up to my taste. But even tho' I am occasionally wearing it (on a cold winter night it gives me that warm wrapping). I like the bottle very much. The colours, the lid. And of course I like Gwen too ;) I wouldn't buy it again tho'.

diamonddreams
diamonddreams

This perfume to me is so fresh and dewy and beautiful. I always get compliments on this one. A perfect summer fragrance. However, it's been discontinued. It took me a while to figure out why it was so cheap all of a sudden :/ thank god fragrancenet has plenty left though!

x_aznpersuasion
x_aznpersuasion

I wanted this perfume for a long time before I was given it for Christmas a few years ago. I wanted it because I heard good reviews about it and I loved the bottle. The bottle is so unique and stylish!! It's definitely a perfume that you only need one squirt of. At first it's very strong and overpowering but after a bit, it calms down and smells delicious. It lasts forever and it gives me a summer, fresh, feel. Very much like Gwen's ad campaign for it!

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I just noticed the 'reminds me of' bottles choices above the comments, and I dont know why anyone would think this smells anything like ralph lauren, with the small exception of some soapyness.... lauren is a beautiful soapy rose, this is just organge/plastic peach soapy mess

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

ok, i recieved this almost a year ago as a gift, at first I was pleasantly suprised, I love Gwen, and the bottle I think looks very cool and quite unique! and it's a huge bottle, came with neat little roller ball and prety looking lotion, in a nice blue and gold, very pleasing to the eye. I've tried ever since to like this to find the hidden beauty here, and I'm coming up with nada, lol

It's really just horrrible it reminds me of heat, that candy like peach, only stronger and more perfumy lots of florals going on at once that just dont seem to mesh well....to my sniffer ..anyway. There ie sn't any point, the initial blast the middle or the drydown that i find the least bit appealing.

I rarely ever say this about any perfume and try to be positive but this really smells like some kind of wretched medicinal bathroom cleaner/freshener.. I honestly wouldn't even want this scent in my car as an airfreshener, it atually makes beyonce's heat seem nice, lol

I'm hoping it's just my chemestry/sniffer, and that Gwen's taste in perfume realy isn't this vile. bleh. So sory Gwen but this is just bad bad bad, wrong wrong wrong, there really are just no words to describe my distaste for this perfume :/

Petals_and_Perfumes
Petals_and_Perfumes

The first spritz is ALL alcohol. But, I don't wait long for the dry down -- a soft, creamy blossoming of water hyacinth and freesia is revealed. I can actually envision a flower as the sunlight and warmth beckons its petals to open. Very romantic! The base notes come through on my skin as a powdery, sexy light musk fragrance. I've not had this happen before with a perfume where it actually excites me... Dare I say it's a pheromone response? This perfume has my mind drifting to a relaxing daydream of candles and soft music -- and I'll let your imagine fill in the rest ;D I really, really like this. What a surprising discovery. [19 Oct. '11]

Update: Hubby just got home and, while he was hugging me, he nuzzled into my neck and said, "YOU SMELL GOOOOOOD!" When your loved one has a great reaction to your scent, you know it's a keeper! [19 Oct. '11]

iboudesign
iboudesign

My favorite! The number one in my top five! I wear it today. So Great! It's been long since I had not found one that made me as well. It's really me this fragrance.
I love it! Mmmmmmm.

Shyn's Release

Okay I love Gwen but this is too strong.The good its on sale every where the lotion and shower gel are good quality strongly scented.The bottle is unque the box is awesome.The bad it smells too strong doesn't soften up on the skin gives me a headache.I wish I loved it but I find it hard to wear.Which is a shame since I have two huge bottles of it.

chromaggia
chromaggia

This was my first "grown up" perfume. Once I realized sites like Fragantica, FragranceNet, etc existed, I was surprised to find out the notes in this fragrance. Not only do I normally not like them together, aside from a handful of exceptions I like neither pear nor peach in my perfumes. L is quite the exception. It's aquatic and fruity and I honestly don't know how someone couldn't like such a unique fragrance. My only complaint is the clunky bottle. It's pretty, but not convient for purses. Mine ended up leaking inside of my bag. Messy cleanup, but at least my purse smelled nice. Next time I'm getting a rollerball.

boruvka44
boruvka44

I didn't like it at all. Cold, not sweet, not sour, not fruity, not flowery, just strange. Reminds me of a restroom in some cheap pub in the middle of winter, the window is open, the room is freezing cold, small and dark and doesn't really smell good. Thank god it's gone soon.
Inelegant bottle too. Gigantic brick usable for selfdefence, with monster plastic golden "cap". All in all - this item doesn't seem to be part of parfume world, not mine...

Desstile
Desstile

I love Gwen Stefani, so I really wanted to love this perfume. It's definitely unique unlike many celebrity fragrances, but unfortunately not in a good way. It's too strong and overpowering. Instant headache in a can.

The bottle is unique in a good way though, just like Gwen. Very pretty. But that's as far as this fragrance goes.

Deydria
Deydria

It is very subtle, I found it to be a very unisex scent that is clean, refreshing and classy.

I don't know why there are so many dislikes but I use the solid form so that may play a role in this as some perfumes are better in solid form and vice versa.

sweetgirl

i like this in beginning of summer with a light spray and use maybe baby body cream...then it smells fresh...but too much sprayed is over the top...smells like maybe baby (benifit perfume)..I THINK some ppl sprayin too much on...just 2 sprays is all u need! its just a clean smell...but u have to make sure your body is really clean and then put it on.

amarcord99
amarcord99

One of those unsniffed purchases I regret. It's a terrible fragrance, whichever way you look at it. It's bland, sour, acid... I quite like Gwen Stefani herself and I think she's fun & stylish. But Gwen, darling, what were you thinking when you associated your name with such a dreadful smell? I've binned the bottle, simple as that.

trollet
trollet

This is absolutly a terrible perfume. It's something inside the other smell that make me angry and it irritates me that I can't pinpoint what it is so I can avoid such mistakes in the future. Maybe it's the peach or the water hyacinth,I don't know, but this one is going out of the house. Hope I never see it again.

Hollie
Hollie

I found this as a set at TJ Max at a great price and fortunately they let you smell before you buy. I don't like anything about this fragrance. It smells just plain gross on me.Reminds me of warm breath after a glass of red wine....very sour and never really developed into anything other than that first impression. Happy to say that it didn't have great lasting power. Of course, this is just my opinion but I had hoped for more from the fabulous Gwen.

Fashionkid123
Fashionkid123

I agree with most people here..it's very powerful. Due to its intense smell I wear it when I know I will be going somewhere open and airy. Like outdoors haha. other than that...I love it. Very Fresh.

Romy25
Romy25

I cannot believe L. gets negative reviews! It's so fresh, crisp and elegant. It really makes me happy whenever I smell it and it's natural and never overbearing. The ad with the pool makes sense to me because it's just like a refreshing dip in the water on a summery day.

Whit
Whit

I had this once upon a time and I liked it, but I grew tired of it for some reason. It just didn't have that addictiveness to keep me coming back. Too floral, maybe? I can see why some people like it; it is clean and fresh smelling. Just not my cup of tea anymore. Sorry Gwen! :(

bubbles

I tend to love peach scents,but this has got to go!To the bathroom that is!Spray!Spray! Cover the poop stinch! He! He!

takeasniff
takeasniff

This is a very sticky peach smell. It literally sticks to you and just oozes. It is a sour kind of peach. Imagine Tommy Hilfiger Dreaming multiplied by a 1000 times. It's straight up peach. If you like that you will love it. If you are not keen on peach then avoid this one like the plague because it is strong. I found it lasted well. I finished the bottle but didn't get it again. When I wore it my husband thought it smelled like beer so that wasn't very flattering to say the least.

bubbles

I'm sorry Gwen, but this smells like something they used in the bathrooms in the 70's to get rid of the poop smell!You are 1 cool chick! But this has got to go! So many celebrity perfumes! So little are any good! :(

pbandabby@gmail.com
pbandabby@gmail.com

smells like a peach rum drink, mmmm. then sexy musky fruity goodness.
btw, it says that those who like this one also like all those lil britney sugar garbage ones. this is not like those at all.

LittleRed
LittleRed

This is a strangely unique scent, however I do like it. It smells of overripe pears, or pear juice concentrate, very succulent.
As it dries down it becomes tropical, juicy, and peachy on my skin.

Booogie
Booogie

When I tried this about two years ago, I was totally put off by it but at the same time it really intrigued me... After trying it a few more times you can pick out the notes, it doesn't smell so messy and weird anymore. Now it's one of my favorites! Really fresh and has this vibe about it... Not sure exactly what but it just suits me. I smell a lot of pear and sweet pea, it's a little rosy and peachy too. Yum.

campfirekansas
campfirekansas

I don't know how so many people dislike this scent! I've always thought of it as the perfect balance of a fresh, fruity, floral perfume. I used to wear it every day a few years ago, and still wear it now and then. I am on my third bottle.

lizzie81
lizzie81

For me this is just ok, nothing special. Not really my type of fragrance though. All i get from this is strong floral with perhaps a slightly synthetic edge(having said that i think an awful lot of perfumes have the synthetic feel)and a hint of fresh, perhaps soapy note. I gave this away as i never seemed to want to wear it. I think the packaging is excellent, nice bottle with vibrant use of colours, leaves you feel let down that the stuff inside is so ordinary/boring. I infinitely prefer it to the harajuku horrible dolly perfumes yuck! I wish she would come up with a follow up to this one and jazz it up with some fun spice or fruit or something louder!

misscareyann
misscareyann

I don't know why there are so many negative reviews for L. On my skin, it is watery, crisp, and clean. It wakes me up and cheers me up. A very bright aquatic fruity floral. It is not spicy or musky at all on me, not even after it dries down, which is really cool and rare in a fragrance. In fact, it smells like all top notes which somehow have staying power. It doesn't change on my skin, just fades a bit.
I get compliments when I wear L, and it makes me feel confident.

itscool2hate
itscool2hate

i kept reading about how everyone said this stuff smelled like plastic or raid...so i had to see for myself..and it kinda does!!!! this maybe had potential but it went badly wrong...i can see how some people may like it. but majority wont. it's not as bad..if you just maybe smell it from afar..but if you smell where you sprayed it..it smells bad...also it doesn't last long. so there really is no win for this.

Ecmaddox
Ecmaddox

I wish I had never bought this one.. And this was the only one I bought blindly online because of the attractive packaging and mediocre reviews.. I was hoping it was tolerable but it isn't.. I didn't want to go through all the trouble of returning it and shipping it so I'm just keeping it for the sake of my collection :(

PerfumeMonster
PerfumeMonster

A scent that will take your breath away...literally. Spraying this scent mortified me as the stench was unwearable and could not be removed despite multiple scrubing's. I've never smelled anything this bad passing itself off as perfume before and hope I never will again. I'd like to break down the notes on this scent to explain what makes it so bad, however, the smell is so jumbled together I have a hard time differentiating it's notes. I read a review comparing L's scent to a vinyl shower curtain and toilet bowl cleaner, yup that about sums it up.

I had high hopes for L because of how much I love Gwen Stefani and the H Lovers line but Gwen really let me down. I thought the bottle was interesting and unique compared to the other bottles I own due to it's boxy shape and vivid coloring. Do not be fooled by the packaging or brand, this one must never be a blind purchase. I had no intention of offending anyone with my review and if I did, I'm truly sorry. Just trying to share an honest opinion of the worst perfume (IMHO) I've encountered to date.

1/10 for packaging alone.

jofreesia
jofreesia

I am not surprised by the bad reviews. First, a punch of unpleasant, almost rotten fruit, then a floral blur that is heavy and pitiful. It is a floral perfume, but the floral is yucky odd; it is metallic and somehow, bitter. On the counter-hand of perfumes that makes us happy when we smell them, it makes me sad!
I wish I like it, but that is impossible.
The bottle is unpractical but looks very cool though.

MissH
MissH

Gwen, what were you thinking??? I knew you were unpredictable but this (so called) perfume left me speechless & not in a good way.

I believed Gwen had it in her to deliver sooooo much more. I wanted Gwen in a bottle,instead I got stench in a bottle.

It was a completely blind, lights out purchase, I was so sure she could do no wrong.

I can't even smell L long enough to describe it, it's just offensive.

Thank god for Harajuku Lovers, a major improvement.

pupici
pupici

A friend of mine had this perfume, and it really does smell like cat pee (as blunt as that sounds). The notes mesh together and form this overwhelmingly un-matching scent that is in no way desirable or enjoyable. Better test this one before you buy...

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

with this perfume on my skin, it is adorable and smell like freesia and hints of pear but watery ...
I dont know why it has so many bad reviews.
The chemistry of the skin has a lot to do with how the perfume will be reflected.
I love this perfume, super cool!

Atomic Von Cherry Boom
Atomic Von Cherry Boom

This is my favorite perfume. i saved for a long time to get this. i like wearing this on cold days. Makes me feel warm and i adore the scent.
The bottle is to die for and takes pride of place in the middle of my other perfumes on my dresser.

perfumeloverr92
perfumeloverr92

i personally cant smells any of the notes listed, just pure roses. it is pleasant and i like it. i only wore it on hot summer days or when i couldnt be bothered with my usual perfume choice as its light. lasting power is good too

cupcake
cupcake

I am not a fan of this fragrance. I can kind of see why others might like it, but personally I hate it and it gives me a headache. It does have a "clean" scent, but a bit too clean because I am reminded of household cleaning products. Not a fan of the bottle either. Not a practical perfume bottle.

Blissful80
Blissful80

WOW! I can't believe all the "I don't like this fragrance" reviews! As I usually say I don't have a fav perfume but I do like L! I think it is a perfect fragrance for the summer and that is the only time I wear it because on those summers nights when you wear it the heat makes it smell sooo good! It doesn't smell strong or too heavy to me and it lasts, also it smells better as it wears off. One of the reasons I purchased L is because of the design of the bottle and presentation and look of the box it came in. Its a wonderful summer fragrance fresh, and flirty! I like it and would buy another bottle and when I do I want to get the shower gel, lotion and solid fragrance too. It smells sexy, fresh,fun and good to me! I also like Gwen's other perfumes as well. The frangipani flower, peach, heliotrope and white musk dry down... mmm, mmm! FLIRTY! ;)

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Definitely a love it or hate it scent. I LOVE it. Like some, I did have to go back to it a second time and I fell in love with it. Very pretty floral, slightly sweet, not overwhelming. Definitely flirty... in a subtle way. A unique scent, the notes do tend to stick together, but it is unique. A pretty mush-mash of beautiful flowers! I feel Gwen's creation is true to who she is. Love the bold bottle..it may seem different, but I love it. She did her own thing...BRAVO!

mightymarshal
mightymarshal

DO NOT SMELL THIS ON PAPER! Spray it on your skin. On paper it smells kind of plain, if a little fruity. On skin it smells like you just rolled in a field of fresh wild flowers. It's amazing. It doesn't have the alcohol smell that a lot of florals have. And it's complimented by a slight musk that reall adds to the freshness of the florals, toning them down from being over powering.

geegee
geegee

I really do like this fragrance. It lasts a while on my skin & dries down to a fruity but spicy smell. I cannot detect the pear that much but i can pick out the orange blossom.

I find it just ordinary but pleasant. However the bottle...its hideous. Its very difficult to use the 100ml size & on more than one occasion ive ended up eating the perfume rather than wearing it because the bottle slips as i try to spray. Its definately a two handed job when wanting to use this.

Price wise, i bought it very cheaply but i wouldnt buy it again. There are far more interesting juices out there & ones with which i can use without blinding myself or near poisoning myself.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

I really love my L! On my skin I get the lily of the valley, and apple, very fruity and fresh. I love a spritz in the summer when it's hot and humid. Maybe it just works well with my chemistry, but it's flirty, and very clean almost mouthwatering like a perfect peach! My hubby loves it on me!

JubliantUvula
JubliantUvula

I loved the scents since I first smelled it in a magazine before it was out for sale. When it (finally) came out I went out and bought it. Its great to wear anyday allday. The most disappointing thing to me is its lasting power 4hr maximum.
Great gift for anyone, just wish I hadn't bought the biggest bottle. =(

Marisa36
Marisa36

This has been on my TEST list for ages and finally tried this today. I'm so shocked. This smells exactly like synthetic orange toilet spray. Very pricey toilet spray I might add. Is this a case of mutton dressed up as LAMB? Horrid fragrance and a complete disgrace. Yuk!

guest_Kimberly
guest_Kimberly

I first tried this and didn't like it. I decided to try it again. If you spray it outdoors and walk through it it is nice. I don't think you can pick up the notes very well, spraying it in the store. Some fragrances I find are so strong that you can't pick out the notes unless misted outside in the open air. This is one of those types. I am glad I got it. I got a deal at TJ Max.

chapeaunoir
chapeaunoir

I recently purchased this scent on sale because i was attracted to the bottle. so strange. It looks perfect in my boudoir. The scent, however, shall never be sprayed there again.
I thought given gwen's reputation she would have churned out some pleasent fragrance that would be unique and wearable. I found this fragrance utterly unwearable and unpleasent.
At first sniff, it smells a little like harajuku lovers "love", just not as sweet. It then turned into a very gross synthetic plastic smell, like somebody wrapped a barbie doll in a new vinyl shower curtain. It doesn't have much depth either, just a sickly platicy aroma. If you're kinky like that, this fragrance is for you!

autumn89
autumn89

Utterly repulsive. Think toilet cleaner and you get the idea.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Floral aquatic? Really? I question the source of this "aquatic" - is it run-off from a cotton crop, heavily sprayed with pesticide? It has that nasty insect killer glint in its eyes.

The floral part I do get, although I imagine the rose woke up one day, from a horrible nightmare, to realise it wasn't a dream. Poor baby.

I can also smell the frangipani. Now, there are two types of frangipani in perfumes - one is authentic & truly sublime. The other is a frequent gratuitous porn star found in toilet freshners and 'body mists' everywhere. Exploited, tacky, cheap & synthetic.

Insecticides, screaming roses & faux frangipani aside, there is a certain charm here. The charm of shameless marketing perhaps? I suspect if 'L' didn't have Ms Stafani's popularity to piggyback onto it would not have had enough sales to justify its continued production. Just a thought.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

My opinion swims upstream to the majority: I really like "L"!

My friend -- who says she doesn't suit the scent -- gave me a couple of samples. She quite likes it on me, to the point where she's having second thoughts about her generosity!

On me, it's a floral peach. I'm not very good at picking out specific flowers, but think I recognize orange blossom and lily-of-the-valley.

And there's something about it that reminds me of being at the beach as a child. Not coconut-y or pineapple-y. More like a suntan lotion (Sea & Ski perhaps?). Whatever it is, I'm transported to a beach in Ontario, and I'm 6 years old.

Yes, it's loud for the first 15 minutes, but then settles into something fresh and fun on me.

- - - - - - - - - -
The fragrance
- - - - - - - - - -

This fragrance is a real struggle to describe: I can't separate any of the listed individual notes, so the top, heart & base of L just blends into one big jumble. I'm not sure what the perfumers mean by sparkling greens, but I'd bet on soggy leaves judging by scent. The weak, watery florals are slightly sweet, so I'm guessing again when I suggest pear (?).

So; L is basically a fruit salad, washed down with a gallen of water.
I can't believe that Gwen Stefani would put her name & brand to this; there's nothing unique to L.

Scent notes
- - - - - - - - - - -

'sparkling greens', water hyacinth, freesia, pear, violet leaves, jasmine, rose, lily of the valley, sweet pea, orange blossom, frangipani blossom, peach skin, heliotrope and musk.

The bottle
- - - - - - - - - - -

I like the heavy, stained glass bottle, but the big, gold lid is rather ugly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Other buying considerations
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The staying power isn't good; Two hours max. However, the price is very good, as nearly every high street store and online retailer have halved the RRP.

L can be worn to work, on the weekends with jeans & for evenings out. It's non-offensive to other people, didn't give me any headaches and no single scent note is strong enough to be disagreeable.

My opinion
- - - - - - - - - - -

L is not something I'd re-buy for myself; it's so bland & lifeless. But - thinking about it - L would be a safe gift choice for someone. It's wearable on all women, regardless of age, job etc

greengrl
greengrl

Floral Aquatic is definitely the best way to describe this scent. It's crushed flowers over ice. I can smell most if not all the flowers in the notes. Great daytime, warm weather fragrance.

rosemary
rosemary

This perfume is far from perfect. And it's very picky about its wearer. But if you're the right person, after you get over the sudden burst of strong smell you can't seem to place, the scent evolves to a light, clean and fresh floral yet not overly powering. And not at all offensive. Preferably worn during the springtime and to work.

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

meh... nice enough I suppose. lots of roses in the drydown, which is awesome if you happen to like roses. I read the review about it smelling like amway shampoo, and I laughed so hard that I just had to buy it...

vmromero
vmromero

Gwen really needs to make a follow up to L. I need another L.A.M.B. fragrance. I like the HL line but its nothing compared to her brilliant L. Please Gwen & Coty, release a new L.A.M.B. xoxo-Ness

Fragaria

I have found in time, refusing to give up on this fragrance that there are good days and bad days for this scent. I can understand and have thought every opinion here....to some degree. I wasn't going anywhere special and sprayed a BUNCH on to really test this. Yes it was strong but really did settle down quit fast and in a couple hours I could smell this fanTASTIC scent. I couldn't believe it. Some days are just too perfect for L annnnd...some ain't!

Sissi
Sissi

I whould describe this as submerging a
bouquet of flowers in water the ultimate
Aqautic Floral. The the note of pear seems to dominate this fragrance in a
few minutes sweet aromatic scent of Freesia makes it's presence and the prevalence of musk marks it's drydown.
these three notes overshadows the less
dominent like jasmine fragrapini lily of the vally but i can detect a bit of rose peach & sweetpea.

The bottle is unique like a swank rastafarian vibe like almost a 1970's
Bling bling kind of a mentality like a
Pimp dressed in Gold chains Gold rings and jewelery walking down Kingston Jamaica in 1972 in one of thoese cheesy
70's Blaxpolitaion Films.

But Neverless a one of a kind of Perfumes.

Luciel
Luciel

This is my spring/summer fragrance. At first I smell flowers and fruit together and it's quite strong. After a while I can smell some fruit like pear (too sweet for me) and after that comes the most beautiful part - peach, roses and other flowers and it's clean and soapy. To me it's a unique scent which reminds me something that I can't put my finger on. The bottle is awesome and very original. I love it!

rithacha
rithacha

Zvoncica, you cracked me up again! I feel exactly the same way about L, and let me tell you why.

L is a fruity floral that goes about its business with all the heavy-handed suffocation of my aunt's dusty bottle of Shalimar. It's sweet, strong, and crass. L oozes from its atomizer like an inky oil spill, covering every cubic inch with oppressive candied florals. It smells like canned syrup peaches, a melon basket, bubblegum, hairspray, and funeral home flowers; condensed into an atomic bomb of sorts that spreads and spreads and spreads without losing any of its intensity.

Maybe appropriate if you're the last person living in a place like Antarctica. But on summery beach with people around? I'd say no.

zvoncica
zvoncica

I`ve gone acutely ill and septic, cause is unknown substance, from ugly to hell bottle, in perfume chaos named L by Gwen.

This is the ultimate fear of my all fears when approaching perfume bottle in store. Headless creature from mythical land, neither dead nor alive, holding eye on its palm. Screams are roaring from hollow guts, through narrow alleys of nowhere land, to venous drainage of pain clothed mind.

I am scared. And running away. Not even Usain Bolt can fetch me in this beg for air race.

panda0410
panda0410

Ahhhh.... well... this one is really not pleasant at all. Its fresh, I get that, the aquatic notes are there. But this smells like the mish mash of a filthy "wet" locker room, and sanitary disinfectant. I couldn't wait to wash the horrible concoction off when I got home, it almost made me sick. Its different and "out there", but this is just vile - and interestingly enough its quite vile on other people too.
I had the misfortune of standing near a counter where this was being tested heavily, and the running comment I happened to overhear from the sales lady was, "Good grief, that perfume is utterly atrocious, we should take it off the shelf for the rest of the day!".
The price of this has dropped considerably, and is now available in bargain stores here in AU so I'm guessing it doesn't actually sell that well, and really, in all honesty, I'm hardly surprised.

Abby1920
Abby1920

This would have to be one of the most disgusting smelling perfumes I have ever smelt. It is way to strong. Straight up floral fragrance. Reminds me of a cheap perfume I would buy at the dollar store.

wowgirl
wowgirl

The boldest thing about L is the bottle. As for the fragrance itself, it is very safe. It would've been nice if Gwen had the fragrance made to match her onstage personality, but I guess she was too scared that if the fragrance had more bold notes then it would overwhelm. Too bad, because bold notes don't have to overwhelm.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I sampled this at TJ Maxx. It smells like powdery roses to me. It is very strong at first but it's a nice smell for the spring and summer. There is something to be said of Gwen putting out something different than what other celebrities are doing. IMO this perfume has a retro smells to it just like Gwen. This is a perfume for a grown woman who knows herself and it's confident.

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

I can understand the negative reviews as this is no masterpiece, but I do feel some here have gone a little too far- seriously, this is FAR from being disgusting as many have said/implied. It is however, a very soapy/bubble bath smell and perhaps not what everyone wants from a fragrance. Makes me feel it's a mixture of Benefit's Maybe Baby and Jennifer Lopez's Glow (the original one), both of which smell reminiscent of bath water or the bathroom after a hot shower. I work as a teacher to young children and find L the perfect scent for work as I smell clean and sweet and not too 'obvious'. Think it's probably a great work fragrance, but can't imagine where else you would wear it really. Anyway, pleasant juice but the bottle is awkward, ugly and clunky.

Andi Clark
Andi Clark

Despite myriad negative reviews, I find this a PERFECT spring and summer fragrance. It lends the scent of being freshly off of the beach. It is light and the sillage is intoxicating. I feel like a real woman when wearing this. It is neither offensive nor cloying. It is coconut oil and fresh sea breezes. The delicacy of the flowers doesn't overpower this scent and leaves it crisp and friendly. Frangipani (being a personal favorite) lends it a freshness unparalleled by many aromatics. It is perfection. No more light aromatics consisting soley of vetiver but rather this new school of summer bliss. Love.

Carolinealgot
Carolinealgot

Don't buy this. Ever!

If you have to choose between Gwens plague and cholera perfumes buy the blonde Harajuku doll instead.

cobradeathmatch
cobradeathmatch

I must admit, I put off smelling this until very recently primarily because it's a celeb fragrance and as such I naturally assumed that being 31 years old, this EDP would be too sweet and age inappropriate for me.

However, I kept seeing it at TJ Maxx, and as I designer I am a sucker for the packaging of this perfume so I made a blind purchase and was pleasantly surprised!

It is sweet, but there is nothing fruity or gourmand about this fragrance. It really is a true aquatic floral, and for me the note that stands out the most is the frangipani / plumeria note. The heart is a creamy, sweet white floral that I assume are the lily and hyacinth.

The drydown remains sweet but is not overwhelming, although there are moments during the heart when you think the sweetnesss is JUST about to go over the top but then it pulls itself back just in time.

This fragrance is possibly a bit too "grown-up" for the under twenty set that comprises much of Stefani's following these days, and I imagine that many (but not all) of the negative reactions are due to the reality of this scent versus the expectation for the younger crowd. It is also a very unique smell,and although it smells fantastic on me, I can see how this could easily turn into an overly sweet abomination on someone else.

L is versatile as well; it's flirty enough for a date on a warm spring night, but it's also tame enough for the office.

L is a welcome addition to my spring fragrance wardrobe, and the best part is that it's extremely affordable. I almost always see it when I'm at TJ Maxx where you can get a 1.7 oz. of this for around $15.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

so weird at first I thought it must be good but I've only been able to wear it a few times and I find it too chemical and it doesn't seem to sink into the skin at all. It's clever because it's definately distinctive. Only to be worn by women who want to give off a F.U.! attitude!!

Fragaria

I can understand every opinion here. I can even agree with several on the dislikes and still, something is likeable about this. I get compliments and enjoy wearing it. It smells rich to me. A wet bathing suit, yep, I can smell that scent but it's still not enough to deter me! I'm liking it lots!

belletresor
belletresor

Simply.............horrid. I'm sorry, but I really HAVE to use an adjective that strong.

The best way I can describe my experience with this "fragrance" is to say that one day, shortly after applying a single spritz to my wrist, the floor underneath me gave way and I found myself drowning in a huge vat of peach Jell-O. I barely made it out alive, and only after reaching out to the nearest water faucet and scrubbing said wrist with some lovely Cucina gel soap, whose sweet coriander, basil and olive notes vanquished the evil pear-apricot-peach monstrosity that was trying to devour poor unsuspecting me.

Oh, and it reminded me of the fake baby food that once came with a baby doll I got as a little girl - you added water, and then you could spoon it in the baby's mouth while the doll would act like it was eating. Had a strange, plastic-y fruit-y smell that just didn't go away.

Should have known. I wanted to be open-minded about it, tried to tell myself that just because it violated one of my fragrance no-no's ("celebrity" scents) didn't mean that it wasn't POSSIBLE I could like it, right? Wrong!!!!!

Gwen, you can stay on my iPod, but I must banish you from my boudoir!!!

AcePilot
AcePilot

THIS STUFF IS STRONG! I almost didn't buy it, due to the fact that almost every one says its not worth it, but I found it today for a great price and Im glad I got it! Its definetly "grown up" and I cant tell seperate notes from eachother yet, all I know is what I think smells good and bad... And L smells amazing!

817flowers
817flowers

I bought L - didn't like it - returned it - re bought it several months later after I sampled the scent again. It is truly beautiful. Even the cream would be enough to wear alone. It lasts and lasts. Well worth the money.

RobLyn
RobLyn

L has very strong sweet top notes, not for the faint hearted. The middle notes remain sweet but not quite as strong; as it dries down it becomes a bit softer. I would recomend testing this one out a few times before you purchase it. I am sure on some women to smells wonderful, but it is the kind scent that can be oh so wrong on others.

Not bad a scent, but not a great one. I think its popularity will fade rather quickly.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I tried this a few years ago once, and I liked it, because it's clean, full of lily of the valley, green and fresh but warm....
Well the second time I tried it, I didn't use any of the L lotion and I almost laughed at how bad it is. It smells like a common fragrance added to disinfectants. It has good lasting power, since it is so far from resembling the notes in their natural form, the ingredients aren't fleeting. I thought of this when I tried Cabotine-beware of the synthetic sirens of scent!

Shyn's Release

This is a pretty fresh fragrance it reminds of Floret and Petite Cherie.But, I do wish it could be tweaked to make it softer.I am not a big fan of the bottle and it spills be careful if travelling with this.Its not bad but it could of been so much more.I think this fragrance will soon discontinue as I don't see it for sale every where.But, I do feel Gwen Stefani found her niche with Harajuku Lovers.I much perfer it to L.But, that being said I do like L its clean and kind of grown up but it can be strong at times.

Anahi
Anahi

This fragrance is a nice clean musky smell. Very powedery and I can smell alot of peach. To me, it's missing something, a little vanilla I think would be great. But overall it's nice; I would wear it in either autumn or spring.

Gracelynn
Gracelynn

I have just bought it today
at perfumania.Its smell so strong when you first sprayed but after that smell
has changed to be fresh and clean
it's kinda polite smell as my thought.This one remind me about amway shampoo.I love it.

c3c
c3c

Wow this is powerful stuff! I sprayed a tiny bit of my sample on and had to wash some off to mellow it a bit. That said it's an in your face floral bomb. Freesia and Jasmine are dominant with a hint of rose. Beyond that I can't smell anything. My nose is too busy being assaulted by the freesia and jasmine. It reminds me of a scratch and sniff book from somewhere in my childhood. It's very much like having a brand new bouquet of flowers delivered to your door and having it infiltrate your room with it's aroma. Just be careful how much you put on or you'll knock out the people next to you...if you don't pass out first. That said, if you like freesia or jasmine, check it out!

danimcneil
danimcneil

I remember when this first came out i thought it smelled like a stinky flower. i re-sniffed it this year and it is beautiful! it smells like a shiny water flower. Gwen is right when she says its bright, freash and clean. though its not clean in a soapy way. Its clean in a pure way if that makes sense. anyway, give it another try, its great!

sweaterfreak
sweaterfreak

Oh, how I love this fragrance! Surprising, since I am a bit anti-celebrity when it comes to scents. Sparkling and almost evervescent...very similar to my favorite fragrance as a teenager (and still a good one), Elizabeth Arden Eau Fraiche. Definitely a light green with aquatic notes...a stand out amongst standard celeb floral fruity scents, in my opinion.

PORSCHA
PORSCHA

I found this perfume to be a little bit too strong, and smelt a little bit like a cheap body spray from the supermarket.

moonruby
moonruby

This is an overpowering, head-ache inducing concotion *achoo!* and let's not talk about how lethally saccharine it smells. *coughs*

A blast of fermented canned pears in heavy syrup.

Please stop giving floral aquatic fragrances a bad name.!

(runs out of the room to get fresh air)

rainydays
rainydays

Sadly, it didn't work on me at all. Smelled like really bad, overpowering dishwashing soap. Couldn't tell you how long it lasted because I HAD to wash it off. Too bad... it sounded like something I would like.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

This is one of my favorites! Smells so good, unusual, mysterious, and happy! I love the energy it gives me when i have it on. It's a very smiley, happy, upbeat fragrance and when i layer it with the lotion it lasts all day.

@RtIN
@RtIN

This fragrance is a classic! I mean its, sweet, fresh, floral, what is there to hate about this unique scent. The Fragrance also reminds me of Persian rosewater ice-cream, which takes me back to my childhood years! Yay I Love this Perfume!

La Moon
La Moon

I dig the scent for the most part...when I first sprayed it on myself I said " I have to have it!" I find myself at times not being able to wear it though..It smells like "Raid" somedays..others it smells very fresh and radiant. I smell the freesia..for the most part. Maybe its just too many flowers in one

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

This perfume goes really sour.
I think it is very difficult to wear because i think it goes bad and ends up smelling like body order on many people. This is really sad because the first time i smelled it, it smelled different and fresh. This perfume really disappointed me. x

WardrobeMistress
WardrobeMistress

I wouldn't say that I have a love/hate relationship with Ms Stefani's 'L' but we seem to have had a falling-out in recent months.

At first I get a big fruity blast, reminiscent of a bowl of over-ripe pears and peaches, it just teeters on the edge of unpleasantness. A few minutes later something floral is starting to creep in. I can't quite put my finger on it. It's not as fresh and crisp as hyacinth, and not as romantic as freesia. It seems more like a huge, potent madonna lily than any of the floral notes listed. But wait...hot on the tail of this is a whacking great dollop of musk. In fact, not so much a dollop as a truck-load.

I first used L whilst in the grip of the coldest winter London has seen in years. I rather liked it then, the aquatic notes were much more prominent and the florals had an almost crystalline lightness that cut through the dominant pear and peach. I landed in New Zealand at the tail end of a very hot summer and what the hell has happened? This doesn't react well to heat AT ALL. That fruityness is so overpowering now, it's almost like rotten fruit. I will give it another try when the temperature drops but for the moment I have NO desire to smell like a mouldering fruit salad that has been left out in a hot kitchen for a couple of days. Shame...it could have been a beautiful relationship but it turned out to be a mere fling.

Also...the other major problem I have is the bottle. I don't find it ugly, I rather like that massive gold cap, it feels reassuringly solid, but this stuff leaks like you wouldn't believe. Not suitable for travelling, you have been warned !!

I think I have to agree with most of the reviews of this perfume: there's something bizarre and sligtly bi-polar about this scent. It's got these overpowering notes that initially make you hate it but then there are pretty floral notes that smell nice and it's really just confusing. It pulls you back and forth. I wouldn't buy it.

Girly T-Rex
Girly T-Rex

This perfume smells terrible! Yet another sample spray I had tested and had to wash off immediately. It's very heady...reminds me of toilet bowl cleaner. Usually I like aquatic fragrances but this one was a no no for me.

exciter76
exciter76

It took me a year to resolutely decide to make this fragrance my own. It has a very fleshy scent to it, due to the peach and musk. Crudely, I might even go so far as to say it smells like skin in the heat of "the moment" (**wink wink**).

I don't quite smell the aqueous nature of this fragrance as I do the musk. It does have a youthful quality to it. No one has ever commented on my fragrance, good or bad. I know I wear this only for me and not to impress or attract others. I think it's simply an acquired taste.

Btw, it totally smells like "Maybe Baby" by Benefit. Does anyone agree or disagree?

guest_Amarilla
guest_Amarilla

Cheap smelling, synthetic fragrance. Makes me think of a scented children's toy or a bottle of cheap bubble bath.
I expected something sophisticated and vibrant.

Sherria
Sherria

I have never smelled anything like this before. It is very strong and it could be offensive if too much is worn. but overall, i really like it. it really stands out from all of the perfumes in my (small but growing) collection. I can really smelled the pear and violet and a little of the rose. but on me i cant distinguish anything else. i will upgrade from my sample size but only to a simple roll on. with a fragrance this strong, i wont even need a full size!

jatzzie

L is probably next on my list of perfumes-to-buy. To me it smells like pear icecream and I love pear icecream.=) This is something that I definitely want for summer, so yummy!

snobuni77

I haven't had this on to long but I have to say that.....I think I like it.I'm not sure if Ill buy a big bottle though.
It is very different at least, so she succeeded getting her originality through to her perfume.
I also think it is a very girly scent
And I Love girly *batting eyelashes".

The floral Lily of the Vally & Pear mingle very nicely & they are both very prominent.I don't get much aquaticness from this though & I am thankful for that.
There is something about it that I'm not to happy about though & honestly I'm not sure how to explain it.It is almost as if the scents mingle too much...It kind of gets blurry...if that makes any sense??I cant say that each note dances around me like most perfumes do.These kind of cling to each other & that is the only thing I find UNappealing about this.Other then that I find it to be it is a very nice girly perfume & I do plan on wearing it every now & then, You know since I am the ultimate girly girl myself it seems almost necessary ;)

Kasku
Kasku

What I like about this fragrance is the lily of the valley. It just makes me feel happy, cause it was my favourite flower as a little girl, mostly because of the scent. It's a very confident scent. I realy like it even tho Gwen made it. I am not very keen on this girl...I know, I know everyone is :) I tried but I don't feel her style nor music, but nose she has a good one. I also like the Harajuku girls scents(... and those chicks bug me even more)

jatzzie

I can clearly smell the pear in this fragrance and seeing as I am a great pear scent addict, I love it! Overall this perfume is very fresh, fruity and yummy, in a way reminds me of the Escada summer series as well as Moschino's I love love.Another thing I really like is the bottle itself.The lid may be a bit well...unpractical and chunky but I really like the colors of the bottle (red,green,yellow) and overall it's very unique and Gwenlike.Me likes.=) This on my list of fragrances to buy.=)

ramiske
ramiske

Despite conflicting reviews, I really like LAMB. I don't really smell the pear and peach so much as I do the blend of florals. Even though Gwen describes it as 'green', I don't get that at all?? It is a very light pleasing fragrance that is different from other florals I have, and I really like it! The gel/lotion are nice too.

Be aware, the 3.4 bottle is HUGE due to the lid design, and kind of klunky---the lid is weird and hard to remove. This will be my summer fragrance.

Princess
Princess

This have to be the worst fragrance I ever smelled. This stuff is horrible! Even my boyfriend hated it and my sister..A very weird fragrance... like washing soda

I bought the shower gel as a gift for my housemate last year and she absolutely loved it. I have fond memories of the bathroom smelling like L after she'd used it. I decided to try the perfume the other day, hoping that it would smell like the shower gel, only a lot softer.

I was a little disappointed to discover that it did smell clean like the shower gel, but didn't have the perfumey vibe that I was after. It's a nice, pleasant scent, (don't get me wrong), but in my opinion, L smells much better as a shampoo or body wash, than it does as a perfume.

chelle
chelle

i couldnt find this in the store and was dying to try it so i got a sample. i am really glad i did not buy it. the best way i could describe it would be a heavy and intrusive rosy scent. i wouldnt recommend it to anyone, mostly because then id have to smell it on them. i really think i could get a headache from smelling it all day.

knics33
knics33

LOVE this- it is so fresh and clean. I love anything with pear and this is the perfect floral/pear/aquatic. Great for summer but really works at any time. I have a sweet tooth and this is a great break from my heavier scents. A+.

Malibu

I’m on the fence with L.

It is best described as 'pleasant'. It’s non-offensive to other people, didn’t give me any headaches & i didn't hate it.

But I can’t separate any of the listed individual notes, so the top, heart & base of L just blends into one big jumble.

I can’t believe that Gwen Stefani would put her name & brand to this; there’s nothing unique to this.

L is not something I’d re-buy for myself; it’s so bland & lifeless. But L would be a safe gift choice for someone. It's wearable on all women, regardless of age, job etc

I like the glass bottle, but the big, gold lid is rather ugly.

The staying power isn't that good. However, the price is reasonable.

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

This One Smell Very Fresh And Clean,Its Nice And Unique I Really Like It. ;) and the staying power is sooooo long!,i get a big bottle,is so unique and adictive,the bottle is so fashion,i think is expensive but it worth.

Amanda79
Amanda79

I'm a huge fan of Gwen Stefani! I was so excited to smell this perfume. It let me down so bad. I expected something bold from her, something that made a statement like her style in music, clothes and makeup. She played it safe. Its not bad, just not what I expected I guess. Kinda like Curve Soul with a kick. I might buy a bottle in the spring, ive seen it for sale cheap. I'm not fond of the bottle but at least its different!

Malegria
Malegria

It made me interested at first, but after I had it on my wrist for a while, I got very bothered by it. It`s a sharp, plastic scent,quite insolent, and in my opinion, will suit very few.

kay_li13
kay_li13

i loooooooooooooooove this scent! because this is the first time i have enjoyed a floral. the flowers in this actually smell like real flowers and for once, something in the top note stays on my skin! i have some anjou pear body spray that this reminds me of that i love. as it dries down, the sweetness of the pear and the freshness of the flowers just get better and it works together oh-so-well! looooove it. A+++

snobuni77

When I sprayed this on my wrists at Macy's I got mainly fruit.It smelled like peach & lots of it.I didn't get much of the floral on myself.I was really disappointed .But when I smelled it from the bottle I loved it.
I will have to give this one another test run because to me it wasn't anything special & it smelled kind of childish.

The fact that I had sprayed a few other fragrances in the same half hour might have had an effect of my senses & helped to to make an unfair judgment

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Mmm Mmmm. I smelled this at the store, and I'm hooked. I get the pear loud and clear, followed by an avalanche of light florals. Upbeat, sassy, and fun- "L" would be a great daytime scent.

katyas
katyas

I absolutely ADORE this fragrance - it is clean, flowery and aquatic and while the scent is "there," it isn't overpowering. On me it lasts a good long time. I like to spray this on before I go to bed sometimes, just so I can sniff at it's lusciousness while I fall asleep.

LizzieM
LizzieM

I bought this without too much thought as it was going at a very good price. I don't use it much and can't see that I will be finishing the 30ml bottle, doubt I will be buying it again. It is OK if you are at a loose end for something to spray onto yourself. It is quite different, strong, but doesn't last and people do ask what it is....me thinks perhaps they want to know so that they can make sure they don't buy any!!!

kim white
kim white

When I first smelled it I thought it smelled like gasoline.Then all I could smell was really strong roses.I sprayed it on myself to give it a chance.My husband loved it, then 15 minutes later he said it completely changed into something strange.To me its just way too strong.Sorry Gwen!

sjanira
sjanira

I tried this yesterday and agree with most here, it's not great but I wouldn't say it's bad either I just wouldn't buy it. It's definitely not for me and I expected something better from Gwen. Not to mention the hideous bottle which to me looks like not to much effort was put in. The design looks like a video game memory card inserted into a square nintendo box.

amanda
amanda

i tested it yesterday, and i just didnt like it, threse nothing in it that bothers me, actually theres nothing interesting in it, and its not even fresh, though i expected sg freshness from a floral aquetic scnet, in was just floral for me,and a bit boring

kiselina
kiselina

For me L is a surprise. Nice, classical fragrance, feminine and with good lasting power. The dominant notes are peach, pear and rose, though my nose catches maracuja too.
There is something else as well- a smell, which reminds me of a hairdresser studio, something, which smells like shampoo and hair colour. It's just an allusion, it's not unpleasant at all, and this note makes L an interesting and unique fragrance.
The bottle is original too.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

Sorry, I have to pan this one. In my very personal opinion, this is one of the worst scents I have ever smelled. Fresh?! Good grief, compared to what? This is the only perfume, in my long experience, that literally makes me gag. I find it cloying, smelly rather than fragrant, cheap. Just comes to prove that if you slap a celebrity name on something (anything), it will sell.

mightyaphrodite
mightyaphrodite

This is very Gwen. Now although it's listed as a fresh citrus scent, i thought it was more of a slightly sharp floral fragrance. A little too much floral and slightly complex with a little bit of musk! The spray on is sharp and you have to wait a while to let it dry into a lighter and simpler lightly soapy flavor. The lasting power is very good for an EDP. I could smell it on myself the day after i sprayed it on! More on the mature side for me.

Migotka
Migotka

Very nice, but very flat at the same time. Doesnt evolve much. I could only smell lily of the valley and some jasmin with a light touch of the freesia. The other notes are rather overwhelmed by those three.
I dont think I would ever buy it myself, but it is a nice fragrance on somebody else.

coco76
coco76

i know this has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with how this perfume smells...but the commercials for this perfume drove me insane...i normally admire gwen but i thought the commercial was beneath her..and although i have not tried it, a whiff from the bottle gave me an impression of a cheap citrusey perfume that i had when i was 12..(i think it was called malibu mist but i could be mistaken) . sorry gwen, love you to bits but not so much this perfume.

klee0206
klee0206

If I were to go by the written description of this perfume, I should definitely like it, but I've tried it and it's definitely not for me! Much too loud and gaudy! It certainly has lasting power, I'll give it that. The smell just wouldn't go away for hours. It was only after I had washed the sprayed area with soap and water that it finally became muted to something more acceptable-smelling.

Aeternitas

It smells like a bathing suit that has been in freshly chlorinated pool-water that was carelessly tossed into the corner of a room and left there, damp for days. The more I smell this, the more I hate it to the point where it has become one of my most hated perfumes right next to Clinique Happy ( I find the two similar, btw). It's horrid, I don't understand the popularity of it. I can't stand the way it smells on me. I've worn it on my skin so many times, and it is disgusting, even on other people. This perfume is a joke. It smells like plastic barbie hair and fake pears. It bothers me THAT much.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Well, on my skin I get mostly pear and very heady roses and helitrope. I do get a very slight aquatic feel too. My husband HATES this one, he said it smells like a locker room. So, I probably will not be wearing it much. It actually makes stationary smell fabulous, so I will probably use mine to scent my writing papers.

Aeternitas

It has that maritime scent that it represents. A little alien to me, but it's interesting. When I smell it, I do think of Gwen Stefani and her personality.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

Very nice fragrance, not as bold as I expected considering Gwen's reputation but overall not a bad beginning. It has a little muskiness to it but not in an offensive way, I like it.

2007
pimpnazt
pimpnazt

This, for me, is a fresh, energizing day fragrance. It's often what I wear daily to work. It's wonderful.

2007

L by Gwen Stefani 3.04 out of 5 based on 723 ratings and 226 user reviews

HARAJUKU LOVERS SUNSHINE CUTIES LIL' ANGEL for WOMEN by Gwen Stefani EDT SPRAY .33 OZ
Sephora.com, Inc.
Gift Set
Harajuku Lovers Wicked Style Mini Rollerball Coffret
Harajuku Lovers Wicked Style Mini Rollerball Coffret
Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cuties Angel Perfume by Gwen Stefani, .33 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
HARAJUKU JINGLE for WOMEN by Gwen Stefani EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
HARAJUKU JINGLE for WOMEN by Gwen Stefani EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
Perfume.com
Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cuties Angel Perfume by Gwen Stefani - 0.33 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
L Lamb Perfume by Gwen Stefani, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
L Lamb Perfume by Gwen Stefani, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
L Lamb Perfume by Gwen Stefani - 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
L Lamb Perfume by Gwen Stefani - 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Gift Set
HARAJUKU LOVERS VARIETY for WOMEN by Gwen Stefani SET-5 PIECE MINI VARIETY WITH BABY LIL' ANGEL G LOVE MUSIC AND ALL ARE PARFUM SOLID MINIS
L LAMB for WOMEN by Gwen Stefani EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
L LAMB for WOMEN by Gwen Stefani EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Gwen Stefani LAMB Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gwen Stefani LAMB Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 1.7oz
L Lamb Gift Set by Gwen Stefani Gift Set for Women Includes 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 2.5 oz Body Lotion 2.5 oz Shower Gel
Gift Set 1.7oz
L Lamb Perfume by Gwen Stefani - -- Gift Set - 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 2.5 oz Body Lotion 2.5 oz Shower Gel
L Lamb Perfume by Gwen Stefani, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
L Lamb Perfume by Gwen Stefani, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
L Lamb Perfume by Gwen Stefani - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
L Lamb Perfume by Gwen Stefani - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gwen Stefani L fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gwen Stefani L, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L by Gwen Stefani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L by Gwen Stefani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.