Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Closer Halle Berry for women
dislike

herbal
Closer Halle Berry for women Videos
Closer Halle Berry for women Pictures Closer Halle Berry for women Pictures Closer Halle Berry for women Pictures

Halle Berry launches a brand new perfume, after the lines of Halle and Reveal, and names it Closer. The perfume is designed to provoke and sustain attraction between men and women. Halle wanted it to be unique and totally irresistible to the opposite sex, while creating a kind of intimate an aura.

Perfumer Jacques Cavallier combined unusual contrasts of sensual and feminine notes and classical masculine fougere accords in this composition. The result is a modern feminine floral - woody - fougere fragrance. It opens with accords of ozone, wild raspberry and water lily. The heart includes mimosa, the actress’ favorite flower, along with violet, cedar and fougere accord. Vanilla pod, mahogany, cashmere and musk in the base form a lingering trail.

The packaging is designed by Jane Tarallo. Curvy lines on the bottle and packaging symbolize masculine and feminine silhouette that blend together.

The fragrance is available from September 2012 as 15 and 30 ml Eau de Parfum, along with 75 ml natural deodorant spray.

Raspberry Water Lily

Mimosa Violet Cedar Fern

Vanilla Pod Musk Cashmere Wood Mahogany

Regatta
Gap Established 1969 for Women

Closer Fragrance Reviews

ticalica
ticalica

The opening is full of concentrated grapefruits and cedar.. Gradually the grapefruit takes a backseat and the cedar is in full swing along with lime (?).. I also detect musky undertones with the slightest hint of incense (!)... Office-friendly.. Unisex with a more masculine flavor that suits strong women with defined personalities.

rockegg
rockegg

Quality control problems? I put two sprays on my wrist and a half hour later I smell almost nothing. It was an unremarkable, pleasant scent while it lasted. Maybe someone tampered with the tester?

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I found a full bottle of this at a thrift store, and at first I passed it up, but as the checkout girl was telling me how her Mother in Law wears this, and how hard it is to find, I decided to purchase it after all. It's way more masculine than I'm used to, but it's not bad. I'm not sure it's "me", but I'll give it a few wears and see if it grows on me. I usually like sweet, fruity, gourmand type scents, and this certainly isn't one of those. The bottle is sort of nice, and I like that it's different. I'll update if I end up liking it.

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

I am new to to whole celebrity scent thing, they are hardly for sale in my country so there is no way to try and the only option is blind buy online.
Whenever I place an order with Allbeauty I also order one cheap celebrity scent just for fun, only when they are offered at a bargain price, my choice is based on the reviews and ingredients listed here.
When I ordere Kim K and Madonna I sort of knew what I was buying, but with this one I wasn't sure.
Today I opened my parcel and I was very curious about this HalleBerry perfume. I have to say that I consider this the best one so far!
Closer is very original while many of the other celebs just make poor or weaker versions of existing popular perfumes.
I do like the masculinity in Closer it is definitely a unisex fragrance.
if Donna Karan made a Cashmere Mist for men this is how IMO it would smell like, a perfume for women with 'cojones'!

CPelly82
CPelly82

Amazing! This is a perfume I could wear everyday and is very unisex. It starts out very strong and musky but then it changes into a very subtle scent. Reminds me of CK one where it starts out very heavy but dies down to a very warming fragrance.

lorililly
lorililly

I like this scent. It is light, crisp and has that fresh clean quality with a hint of spice. I think it is more appropriate for spring/summer. It reminds me of CK One, that unisex giant. The bottle is much prettier and it is a bit more feminine than CK One. There is also an elegant citrus note that reminds me of drinking Earl Grey Tea. I haven't gotten any complaints, but also not any compliments...it doesn't have a lot of longevity, but a little spritz now and then is a great "pick me up". It's my own little bottle of sunshine.

Juliana6
Juliana6

I don't smell anything cheap about this. It's unusual, it's very interesting and could be unisex. For a strong, bet feminine woman with her own ideas about how to spend her life. If we think about that masculine presence, I imagine a happy, naked woman who has put on the white, big shirt of her man, and this man has been wearing a bit of a woody cologne. I guess then she could smell like this.
And it's refreshing after all my gourmand scents like a walk in a dark, thick forest where the sunlight can't enter.
I love the fern. It's realistic, like a fern leaf crushed between your fingers.
The opening is citrus-y (I wonder where that comes from)and even chypr-y, I don't get much raspberry.
And then I can enjoy all the variations of wood notes mixed and balanced with some wild flower notes. The drydown is composed of excellent wood notes + dark, but quite shy vanilla.
By the way I love the bottle. The shape of the bottle is very appropriate to be carried in my bag.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Cedar and violet are the main players in this game, and they compliment one another nicely. The body spray lasts quite a while, even through a couple of hand-washings in this test run. I'll come back and review the EDP when I've worn it, but if its longevity and sillage are in line with what they should be in comparison to a body mist, I have a feeling this one is going to be a real winner. The fragrance is somewhat masculine, but doesn't strike me as a fragrance I would smell on a man - it's still a bit feminine yet. I'm quite happy to have found a little spray bottle on discount.

Princess Adora
Princess Adora

Too masculine and does not smell like a woman's perfume I am disappointed in this one.

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

I feel that this is a little too harsh and masculine for me. Smells very much like after shave or even men's shaving cream. This could work for a guy, but not feminine at all, in my opinion.

amy1983
amy1983

I love closer. It's sunny,bright,crisp,and woody. This is a relaxing,outdoorsy,kind of scent. I love all the woody notes in this. It's even got fern!
This could be unisex,yet it just stops short of being masculine.
This is like sitting in a room with pine walls,or doing some carpentry,or walking through a lumberyard. Total comfort. Yes.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Incredibly masculine, with notes that turn soapy and end up smelling like a hot mess immediately on my skin. This is a VERY clean and crisp smelling perfume that has a bitter or harsh element to my nose that just needs to be softened up. I think there is a similarity to Chanel Cristalle which I can't wear either. I think this could smell amazing on the right person. I will try to revisit my small bottle I picked up for a mere $5.00 later this spring when I am not craving a warm, cuddly fall scent.
Cheers! xo

lisaivette
lisaivette

This is my favorite of the Halle Berry scents that I have tried thus far. It's true that the opening is sharp and could be perceived as masculine, but when it finally settles down I think it makes a great woodsy unisex scent for fall. I am drawn to scents that contain a prominent cedar note, so this really works for me.

CatieEmme
CatieEmme

I love this perfume! I go straight to this perfume when I'm feeling a bit more mature and professional, as opposed to my usual floral and fruity young scents. To me, Halle Berry's Closer lasts a very long time and is a pleasant smell to have wrapped around you. It reminds me of shopping in a high end store. It's musky, but sweet enough to not being overbearing. I would highly recommend this perfume to anyone who is looking for a more romantic/professional/mature scent for day or evening use.

Renata tang
Renata tang

Very good, reminds me of cute guys LOL suit for cold body chemistry's girl

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Just tried this at the drugstore...
It smells like a cheap men's cologne.
The scent is not bad, it smells fresh and woody... but still like cheap cologne.

rosagarcia163
rosagarcia163

I dont like this perfume. In fact, I have had two other Halley berry perfumes before and they also smelled strange but a bit good i guess. But this one yuk! It smells like Diahria, unfortunatly my mother bought me the small bottle and shower gel, I never wear it, I guess I will use it when I go to the gym. Something about it just doesnt smell right.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I have to eat my words once again and crawl away with my tale between my legs and lick my wounds.

I gave this a harsh review and I felt I had tested it enough to do so. Something came over me the other day and this was on huge discount so I grabbed a bottle and thought what the hell I would like it for my collection as I like Halle Berry it's a bit of fun.

I sprayed it on and it was refreshing and I agree with people who say it is like CK One. That one I used to wear when it first came out and I suspect I was drawn to it for the same reason I am now drawn to Closer. However, CK One used to turn a little musty on me or harsh I can't quite describe it but this one by Halle actually settles into my skin really nicely and just when I think it has faded away I get a very slight wiff of it and I think this one was designed chemically for women's skin as apposed to CK One which needed to be able to work on men's skin as well so there were bound to be some of us that just didn't have the skin for it as I believe men and women's skin are different.

This perfume starts of appearing to be a cheap aftershave but the more you wear it the more that impression seems to vanish and all I can smell now is perfume and feminine perfume nothing to do with aftershave. My husband commented last night he thought I smelled nice. I said did this smell like aftershave to him and he said I know what you mean but no it is a nice smell it smells like perfume not aftershave. It leaves a nice trail.

I am not going to even attempt to describe notes because I cannot smell them here. It just vaguely smells of vanilla and cashmere wood and I can smell something fresh and lemony but not spikey. I think the faintness of it is what appeals to me there is no harsh spikeyness or overly soapy aspects here unlike many in this category that end up too spikey or too soapy this retains it's qualities even through the drydown it is well blended I will say that.

This is a great price too and the bottle actually feels quite simple in a minimalist no fuss way and the advertisement matches the result you get with this it is as though you were close to your hubby and the aftershave rubbed off a little on you and mixed with your perfume not in a stale dirty way just a pleasant accidental mixture of smells that work or like you have some residue of aftershave in your nose from testing them and you can smell your own perfume as well. Sometimes when I leave a store after testing a perfume I can still smell it in my nose so this one has these sort of images for me.

I will continue to buy this as it is a comfort for me to wear it and I like it that much I know I sometimes change my mind about a perfume and that is what has happened here.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Closer thoroughly smells like aftershave with low sweeter flowery notes (i don't smell raspberry at all, just light sweetness). Quite worthy of appraise considering it's a celebrity scent. Very wearable, especially for people who like rather sharp, non girly scents. It also has a rather good staying power, projection is moderate at best, though. Nice, urban, casual scent.

sissu
sissu

Yikes! This is not my taste. VERY harsh and very manly IMHO. I do not find anything feminine about this at all. I think Halle agrees with me since in the photo of her on the box of this fume she is wearing a man's shirt and tie. I honestly thought she was catering to the men when I first smelled this.

SophieJ
SophieJ

Very unisex, fresh, and casual. Even though I am usually a gourmand girl, I am excited to use this on hot summer days. As others have mentioned, it's very reminiscent of CKone. I used to steal spritzes from my dad's bottle of CKone in the late nineties, and upon first spraying on Closer I was instantly reminded of that. It's woody and fresh yet feminine at the same time with the hints of floral. I got this dirt cheap too, in a 75% off Christmas package. It can be found inexpensively at Target and Walmart right now too, and all of the Target stores I have shopped at have testers of this in their perfume section. Try it out for sure!

cecele1
cecele1

Fresh clean scent. Very unisex.. I really like this one and Im glad I got it. I don't wear it every day and I must say a little goes a long way. Its lasting a lot longer than my bottle of Eternity I bought around the same time. I have an Aunty thats in her sixties and comments every time I wear it. (She doesn't like it at all) but that doesn't bother me as she likes Poison and White Diamonds um yeah. Goes to say, we do not have the same taste in perfume....Would I buy Closer again. Hmm maybe. If I got it as a gift? I wouldn't be disappointed.

KaelanLovesPerfume
KaelanLovesPerfume

Tried this one yesterday. VERY harsh musk/woody/floral. It doesn't smell like a men's cologne to me, but a very mature woman. The dry down was really good, i just can't handle the harsh opening.

maryum.malik
maryum.malik

this is extremely odd. but the drydown smells exactly like bvlgari omnia jade on me. and i mean exactly. i know omnia jade pretty well so i'm very positive. yes i agree with everyone else that the opening smells like a man's cologne. but the end doesn't! i actually like it a lot :]

Lushylori
Lushylori

This fragrance is very easy for me to wear or reach for on casual days.
I think this is totally a unisex fragrance.
It really reminds me of CK one actually. I'm not sure if others will agree but i used to wear CK one a lot in the 90's and upon the first spritz of this,I immediately got taken back to my CK one days which i loved.
I notice that both perfumes contain a few of the same notes as well :)
This is very different than most of her perfumes as i own all of them but i by no means think its a failure.
I like seeing designers change things up instead of sticking to the same out line.
I would wear this on a jeans and t shirt type of day or if you are just running errands and want to smell good and clean.
This is a day time scent IMO and could easily be worn by a man.
I will say this though>> On different days,this perfume smells more feminine depending on my hormones that day. Today it smells more masculine on me :)
Its affordable and worth its price,at least i think it is :)

mmiched
mmiched

Reminded me of a scent from the early 90's that I cannot remember. I would not wear this ever. I think it should be for a man only. It also gave me a headache.

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

I agree with some of the others that this smells masculine. I tried the tester in the store, liked it initially, then bought it. Got in the car smelled it again and it turned bad, I couldn't stand it. Smelled like a mans cologne and even a bad man's cologne which I certainly wouldn't want to smell on anyone. I returned it the next day.

wowgirl
wowgirl

What was she thinking with this fragrance? Did she really believe that the so-called more feminine notes would beat out the masculine core notes? I don't care what she or anyone else says about this fragrance, it's for men and men only!! There is nothing that smells feminine about this, and I'm glad I didn't buy it!

Chickenfluff
Chickenfluff

After walking out of the drugstore and sniffing my wrist, I could not believe I had actually tested a ladies' fragrance. I came here expecting to see that it is in fact for men and was simply placed wrongly in the store... nope. That's 100% masculine to my nose, though. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief. And that coming from such a feminine, beautiful lady like Halle Berry. I'll better wash this off.

Chacka
Chacka

i actually use this fragrance occasionally, and im a guy.... smells good.

definitely a unisex scent.

stinkygirl
stinkygirl

Smells very soft and pretty, but has an undertone of, get this, BO. And the longer I wore it the more intense the BO became. Had to throw it away. If it didnt have that BO smell, I would love it.

Christena1982
Christena1982

Fresh scent ... Great for the summer!

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

For fans of "Replique", but find it hard to find, this is a good subsitute.

I tried it but didn't think much of it really, vaguely unisex, vaguely anything, I can't remember it at all, so not on my list. Those gender bender fragrances don't interest me much when they are poor quality. Not the best she has put her name on.

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

This fragrance is basically unisex.. Watch her making of video.. She says "one of the things I love about closer is that it evokes the feeling of attraction.. It's a fragrance for women but can also be enjoyed by men"

I want this even though its Nautica Regatta in another bottle... Closer is a plus the cedar is stronger and it comes in a bigger bottle ^_^ so I'll buy this

danimcneil
danimcneil

I was actually really let down by this :( the ad, the notes, the reviews..all looked so promising. I like the opening for about 2 minutes...then it just dried down to very sourcandy/citrus with some woods. Exactly how Britney's Circus fantasy smells on me, minus SOME sweetness. SAD :(

MonarC
MonarC

Omg, I really love this one! It's clean, fresh, woody, fresh and very very nice scent. Totally unisex frag!!! Airy, green and very pleasant. I can't help myself, it smells like Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I sampled this today and it was a bit too strong for me. I felt very masculine wearing this. My bf might like it though!

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

Definately an acquired unisex scent. For some reason this fragrance is reminiscent of Paco Rabanne One Million - sprayed this on and came out of the store smelling like a man's cologne.
It's a unique take on Halle Berry's fragrance line, but I'd rather give this to my boyfriend

Aspendina

finally got to smell this today, it does smell just like the magazine sample i got and i think i do still like it enough to buy it, very masculine too and i love that. Could totally be unisex. Very nice and last a few hours which is more than i can say for most fragrances. I think i am gonna keep this on my wish list. :-)

Edit: after putting on my sweater i wore 4 days ago when i sprayed this on, its still on there very strong :-) so wow it lasts along time on clothes. totally buying this soon.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

Although it smells nice, there's nothing special about it. Yes I agree very much that it smells a bit masculine & like a unisex fragrance. It's a lighter version of D&G Light Blue. I am confused by the notes I see because I don't detect any of them in this fragrance except for mimose & cedar? I would classify this as a woody, musky, citrus scent. I would only purchase it if I found a good deal.

nightcat23
nightcat23

A very unisex fragrance. Perfect to share. Smells masculine at first but when it dries down a bit, it becomes a bit softer. It's quite woody with a masculine citrus tone.

magda14012
magda14012

Totally different than her previous scents. Not my cup of tea, at all, as it is to masculine. In addition, not very original, it echoes the D&G light blue, which I also dislike

JasmineNikole
JasmineNikole

Smells really masculine, cologne like and surprisingly I loved it! I could not stop sniffing. Something draws me to this scent for some odd reason.

dmaw

Sophisticated and unique. Not too heavy.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Closer is very different than Halle's other fragrances. It is a masculine scent and reminds me of cologne. It isn't watery, but is strong. This fragrance isn't for me.

SandraV
SandraV

This-along with many other new perfumes-smells extremely similar to Light Blue and while I'm not knocking the scent it smells like so many others.I love Reveal the Passion by her however I just can't wear anything cedary:more power to you if you can since it is a prominent note in many scents including Soul2Soul by Faith Hill(another LB type scent).

passionata20
passionata20

12. november 2012

i have tried it several days ago in a store and was extremly dissapointed! I don´t see it as a female fragrance at all! To my nose this is just a pure male cologne: woodsy and citrusy. I had to doublecheck if this was actually female fragrance, but i agree, with smeone who said that this is a distant sibling of male version of "Light blue" by DG. I was waiting for it to develope but it didn´t sadly. I wish it would start as a female fragrance and on the drydown would turn into more masculine one, which sadly didn´t happen.
Men can freely use this one. I am one of those girls, who doesn´t want to smell of a male cologne, but wants to smell a male cologne on a man.

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every review should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

Wow. This is pretty nice... for a guy too! To me, it reminds me of some men's version of Issey Miyake but with something zesty and slightly floral. It's actually more appealing to me than the Issey. It's just fresher and lighter and less gingery. Easy one to share but just worn by male. Highly recommend for such an inexpensive everyday fragrance. I will probably try to score a great gift set deal after these coming holidays.

lizzie81
lizzie81

I tried this the other day after having seen absolutley no advertising nor reading any reviews so I had no idea what to expect. To me this smells like mens cologne, which i personally quite enjoy, but not one of the most interesting men's cologne but just a bog standard cheapish one (sorry). however still quite refreshing in the top and middle notes, unfortunatley the dry down on me went peppery in a bad way (like a perfume that has been in the sun for years and gone bad). This could be due to my chemistry in particular as none of Halle berrys perfumes seem to smell good on me, or it could just be a feature of the perfume. Do try it though if you can wear her others as it is to my taste far nicer than the 'Reveal' line! I personally would think that it is too masculine for most women's taste and probably most men wouldn't wear a Halle berry perfume, still I like the concept after reading the above

Aspendina

wow everyone is hating on this scent, I only smelled from a magazine at but fell in love at first sniff. I don't smell cedar like others do. This works with my chemisty very well and I can't stop smelling it. I can't wait to try in store, if it smells the same out of the bottles as it does in the magazine I MUST OWN a bottle soon.

molson316
molson316

I had not read these reviews before trying Halle's newest addition, Closer. And what a good thing...in this case to not have a bias! This is a fragrance that has that harsh acrid blast when you first spray it. But develops and blooms through time.

The notes are an unusual & interesting amalgam of a few common & a few fairly unique ingredients. Mimosa & raspberry or even violet together is not that unique, but take those notes & add fern? Totally unique. Or take those 3 sweet top, mid notes and add ANY ONE of the 3 stabilizing wood notes & there is not another fragrance out there like it. I don't know about you, but I like unique!

That being said...There is a citrusy, sweet, woodsy thing going on in the dry down that I really like that reminds me of one of my favorite summer scents dry down, D&G's Light Blue. But Halle's Closer lasts literally 5x's longer!

For "shits & giggles", as another reviewer so very eloquently states to express her disgust...I'm going to Buy this $20 steal when my Moschino's 'I Love,Love" runs out! (Another one that I added to my collection - to satisfy my citrus craving - to replace my 'Light Blue' - because it fades within an hour!)

This is a very unique, complex, modern fragrance! Thank You Halle!

Aredore
Aredore

I like to flip through ladies' magazines in at the grocery checkout for perfume samples.

"UGHHH!" I over dramatize my disgust for shits and giggles, or pretend to anyway so the other poor line-standers can justify my reaction as flash-theatre and not genuine, insane obsession with factory-made smells.

"It smells like floor cleaner!" I explain to my ever-embarrassed and patient comrade in ice-cream buying biffle who is allergic to everything in a spray bottle. I sniff again. "Or really shitty men's cologne!" I shove the magazine into my BFF's face who gingerly sniffs and makes a gag-face.

"...Yeah."

The milk-buying woman in front of us is laughing uncomfortably and keeping her eyes on the door.

"Ugh!" I say again. "What is the appeal of this?"

The cashier, a plain and spotty 20 year old in a red polo has the answer:

"It smells like a man who cleans the house."

Gingersnpr
Gingersnpr

Smells like my guinea pig cage i had in jr high. Toooooo much woodys
smell of cedar and patchouli.

panwang1989
panwang1989

我买过halle的前两款香水,第一款浓郁的木香,非常冷艳成熟,第二款是腻腻的花香,充满了小女人的气息,这一款更偏向于第一款的味道,很酷很中性

Vamy69
Vamy69

On my skin this smells exactly like a cross between Heidi Klum "Shine" & Shakira "S." It is nice but not earth shattering. The Shakira & Heidi perfumes also last longer too.

Be it known, I really enjoy Halle Berry's fragrances. Her brand tends to cater to a more mature audience, so they're a little less sweet than your average celebrity scent.

Closer by Halle Berry reached my local stores earlier this week and I must say that my first impressions are looking good so far. What struck me almost immediately was how woodsy this scent is. I wouldn't call it particularly masculine, but it does have a slightly androgynous feel.

The opening is smooth yet tart with juicy raspberry, musky violets and a hint of water lily. The fruity raspberry accord is fairly short-lived, as Closer settles into a woodsy blend early on. In the heart, cedar and cashmere wood tend to be the most dominant accords, sitting on a luscious vanilla base.

I find this fragrance both inoffensive and inviting. Like the advert suggests, it could also be perceived as a little bit sexy. In terms of composition, I consider this fragrance one of Halle Berry's best.

I really hope that some perfume snobs out there give this fragrance a fair chance. It has been composed by Jacques Cavallier, so that in itself is an incentive to try it. Strangely enough, it smells like a subdued version of YSL's Elle without the patchouli, which is coincidentally another Cavallier creation.

The sillage is fairly strong, but never overpowering, and so far the lasting strength has been impressive. I think the bottle could have perhaps been more interesting to look at. It doesn't really do the scent justice. But then again, that's my own personal opinion.

dmaw

Cedar is prominent. Reminiscent of a green floral. Unique! Finally!

In mood
In mood

Closer reminds me of men's cologne. Fresh, woody, cedar is more prominent here.

PerfumeWhore
PerfumeWhore

Closer smells similar to Gap 1969 for women.
Smells very fresh and clean.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I tried this yesterday at Kmart.Okay where do I start.This was not good it smelled like a men cologne I smelled mostly alcohol.Luckily it didn't last.It was a little more than $20 for a 1oz the bottle looks cheaper up close.This one was really sad no passion.

angeliclight555
angeliclight555

With Perfumer Jacques Cavallier excellent past creations, I look forward to trying Closer.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I'm googling and searching for this and have been all day and now they release the ad and the notes and there's a youtube video of it! The Universe sure is good to me : )

Closer by Halle Berry 3.15 out of 5 based on 164 ratings and 63 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Halle Berry Closer fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Halle Berry Closer, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Closer by Halle Berry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Closer by Halle Berry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.