Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Exotic Jasmine Halle Berry for women

Exotic Jasmine Halle Berry for women
dislike

Exotic Jasmine Halle Berry for women Pictures Exotic Jasmine Halle Berry for women Pictures

Exotic Jasmine by Halle Berry is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Exotic Jasmine was launched in 2013. Top notes are raspberry, water lily and fern; middle notes are violet and mimosa; base notes are cedar, vanilla, mahogany and cashmere wood.

Raspberry Water Lily Fern

Violet Mimosa

Cedar Vanilla Mahogany Cashmere Wood

Exotic Jasmine Fragrance Reviews

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Very wearable.

I don't distinctly smell a single one of the notes listed, interestingly. What I do smell is a perfect melding of pleasant florals, jasmine, and JOVAN MUSK.

It's a beautiful blend, though I suspect a lot of people associate that type of musky drydown with clean laundry. But to me, it's the kind of scent that smells floral and timeless, not at all what the notes on the page suggest. In fact, OrionLeo has nailed these perfectly for us. Read his review if you want a clear impression of the actual scent.

As for comments about this being a boring release:

I don't in the least mind a 'common' fragrance like this now and then, in place of the even more common fruit bomb. :D It's also UNcommonly pretty! And I might add that the longevity is considerably superior to Halle's Pure Orchid. The effect is that of Jovan goodness - slightly updated and sweetened with florals - retaining plenty of that old fashioned skin musk in the base.

For me, this is the most promising floral to come along in celeb land for quite some time. I can see young girls smelling enchanting in this, mothers adoring it, and grandmothers stealing their daughters' bottles...ahem. Right now I'm eyeing this release for my mother's birthday, if that tells you anything.

SO pretty! :D

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I couldn't resist the fragrance isle at Target and so I was the woman trying to press fragrance out of the plastic stem--curse you, spray nozzel thief! But I got enough out to give this a try, and am pleasantly surprised. It is a watery-woody scent, if there is such a thing. No, not soggy, but like a walk by a tranquil stream in a fragrant wood. There is a hint of jasmine, and maybe a tiny bit of violet; in a way, it reminds me of a very subdued version of Violet Eyes, but with a gentler wood and less cedar than in VE. This seems to have decent sillage as well, and longevity around 3 hours so far, even with the paltry amount I sampled. I am enjoying this, it's quite unique, both comforting and sophisticated.

Edit: the woody drydown on this is amazing! It is sandalwood (or is that the mahogany?)-cedar-wood chips, but doesn't make me smell like a hamster cage. The wood is light but substantial, and almost has a bergamot feel to it. It's similar to the drydown of Ellen Tracy, one of my favorites. And the drydown--still there after 8+ hours; in fact, it is here the next day. I think I want a bottle of this!

panwang1989
panwang1989

茉莉花的味道,有些单一,适合小清新女性

Layzie
Layzie

Exotic Jasmine is neither exotic nor does it smell of jasmine. However, I can't help but smile when I smell this fragrance. This perfume is a soapy floral that truly does remind one of a clean detergent smell: pure freshness! It is not unique, but it is extremely likable.

The lasting power on the skin is excellent. My girlfriend and I were both able to smell it even after a night's sleep! The news isn't all positive, though. As strong as the soapy, fresh floral scent can seem, it remains close to the skin. If you're one who enjoys smelling good while remaining conspicuous, give Exotic Jasmine a try! I can't imagine not enjoying a hug from any of my friends wearing this perfume.

LiveWicked430
LiveWicked430

I purchased a small bottle of this perfume since I have always wanted to try it out. First off, the bottle is beautiful. That is always a plus. As for the scent I have a bit more on that.
When I first sprayed this I got a very strong blast of pure freshness. The florals just jump out at you, clean and fresh, reminds me fully of freshly done laundry. It's just so clean smelling. It has a very light sweetness in the start and then it mellows into a very gentle floral. The floral smell I get the most is the water lily. It has that aquatic style freshness.
On me this frangrance lasted me over 12 hours. I was pretty shocked about that! As for projection it was poor. Right after I sprayed it the projection was at about a foot away and then it died down to be so close to the skin. However, being right up against someone (hugging mainly) it got noticed right away. It also had this odd lingering effect. Once in a while I could tell someone could smell it after I had walked by. Very interesting.
I have never been one for such floral perfumes but this one is just so nice I think I may start trying them out more often.

rockafeller.red
rockafeller.red

I fell in love the minute I tested this on my skin, and knew it would be a full-bottle purchase.

Soft floral is the word I'd use to describe Exotic Jasmine. Very unoffensive, it goes on gentle and can definitely be packed on while still maintaining that soft, unoffensive air. I know many have compared it to Curious, but to me, Curious was heavier on the floral and more powdery.

A perfect scent for spring, its light enough to be used at work or in any situation where a heavier perfume would be inappropriate.

PurpleMyst
PurpleMyst

I got this for my birthday and, even though the silage is somewhat pathetic and it doesn't seem to have any lasting power, I love it.
It's a light floral scent great for spring and summer. Many people on here say it smells like a laundromat. I must be using a different laudry soap because it doesn't to me... Or maybe it's just my body chemistry.. The bottle I have is just a little 0.5 oz. I'm hoping to find a larger bottle.

Miso-Happy
Miso-Happy

This mainly smells of jasmine, it's very soft, subtle, and powdery (but not baby powdery). The scent stays close to the skin. I could see this being nice for spring during the day. It's very light and pretty with perhaps a mild sweetness to it. The jasmine does give it a smidge of exotic-ness. This scent almost reminds me of shakira s by shakira eau florale.

random girl
random girl

This smells exactly like the dry down of curious by britney spears, which i love! the only reason why i didnt like curious was because of the initial spray (top notes), but now i can get this perfume and have that dry down i love. yay!

this perfume smells very pretty and comforting

This smells like a laundromat. By that I mean it smells like detergent and dryer sheets. There is nothing remotely exotic about this fragrance nor do I smell any jasmine.
With that said it's not a terrible fragrance by any means. It's just odd how similar to a household product it is. If you've always dreamt of smelling like a laundromat bypass Demeter products and get yourself a bottle of Exotic Jasmine.

wowgirl
wowgirl

I really like this one by her, it's so beautifully feminine-definitely a recovery from her previous masculine release, Closer. Halle, you've redeemed yourself!

kattassah
kattassah

When I sprayed this on it smelled like VERY dry jasmine. It only lasted about an hour. My husband said I smelled like an expensive dryer sheet.

kadinurr
kadinurr

The bottle is so pretty, looks like L'Occitane Cherry Blossom.

I tested it on paper strip. There is definitely jasmine in it - I can smell it for miles, because i adore jasmine but it don't agree with my chemistry - it kills everything else. I really should test it on my skin, but I don't think it would develop into something woody and exotic - more like young fresh inoffensive but obviously drugstore.

glassjules
glassjules

I adore this smell, I just wish it had more umph and staying power. The composition is great for me. It just doesn't last and doesn't linger.

Mortbane
Mortbane

Wow, I'm not the only one that thought it smelled like Curious. If I hadn't actually tried Curious, I'd feel better about this. Curious was a little trailer trashy, but slap a different celeb on it and the scent becomes desirable again. I enjoy this one, and I disagree with claims it smells like Closer. It smells nothing like Closer.

KissLand
KissLand

Looking at the reviews I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt....

I smelled it a few moments ago. I must say it really threw me off, it's not really floral or exotic.. Smells like basic washing powder or detergent LITERALLY which is very disappointing... If you like scents that smell like linen or fresh cotton, those squeaky clean fragrances then you will ADORE this ... I can still smell it on my hand... Very clean, perfect for summer

It's not offensive, Very safe, not a deep white floral. It's one of those fragrances to run to when you have a mind blank or don't know what to wear really... Jasmine lovers will be disappointed because she doesn't exist in this fragrance

kimmysteel
kimmysteel

Tried this one today!!! I love it!! Haven't found one I like this much for a while. Normally Jasmine is a bit over the top and can be too much. This scent is such a beautiful blend, and a perfect amount of jasmine. Did I mention I LOVE IT!! I am Sad it is only 1 oz. bottle, would really love 3.4 oz bottle!! Going back to buy some. :)

Millieqm

It also reminds me of Ralph lauren Blue as well. Love it too!!

Millieqm

I like it a lot.. it reminds me of Tatiana perfume. and I'm having a hard time finding Tatiana so yeah , this just like it... <3

Jellybean
Jellybean

Straight up awful.
Cheap musky sweaty cologne. I was hoping jasmine, must be good, however for $24.99 it's overrated.
You might as well go for drugstore body sprays because they smell better than this perfume.
Yuck!

xanman
xanman

Tested this today at our local Target. This does remind me of a watered- down RL Blue which I happen to like. The silage is minimal and 3 hours later it's still on my wrist but pretty faint. It is a happy fragrance, good for the office and day- but I was expecting something more exotic and well jasmin-y. Would give it a test run before buying.

mhubbard
mhubbard

Thanks for all the negative reviews. I will studiously avoid. These things cost about 10 cents to make, so who cares if they don't sell? Disgusting

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

Best to stay away from celebrity perfumes. Acting ability does not equate to any talent with fragrance creation.

It has been a while since I sampled such a nasty perfume...really, more like a cheap body spray, not worth the $25 they are asking for at Walmart..my son said it smelled like scented cat litter, ouch!!! I am tempted to bring it back, awful, screechy...i was thinking of sending it to my mom. But her French nose won't like that simplistic linear disaster..
Not good .
Another case of a celebrity cashing on her name with low quality perfumes, if I can call it a perfume...

Jasmine water in a pretty pink liquid. It's not screaming at anyone around you that you're wearing JASMINE!!! Comparing to Jennifer Aniston, Exotic Jasmine isn't as sensual and voluptuous, but it's much more airy and easier to wear and not inducing headache for some folks who think white flowers are old and overkill.

alexanna7
alexanna7

I smell jasmine,plumeria and musk mostly on me ,the notes listed below seems more accurate. To me it's a soft jasmine with musk with an exotic smell! Love it!

DKay
DKay

First of, I have to disclose that violet does not agree with my skin chemistry. This frag has traces of violet! Naturally, this scent changes on me. My biggest beef with it is not that it smells bad though. I can accept a frag that is well made but just does not suit my chemistry. This one, however, was a NIL. ZERO. NOTHING. It was simply non-existant. I got a whiff of violet and lily upon application, but none of the woody smooth goodness that was promised in the dry-down. Where is ceder? where is cashmere wood? where is the yummy vanilla?

So, naturally I had tested it on fabric--perhaps it was my skin that didn't take to the base notes of this perfume. Nope! Nothing again. My scarf was, again, a whiff of some florals and then--nada.

Moreover, it is called exotic jasmine. Where is the jasmine? Excuse me? Did it decide to depart and not take part in this disappointing watered-down mess? I think so. I love jasmine, and I would have loved to have an "exotic jasmine" in my collection--but this thing by Halle smells nothing like it! All the notes listed are what they should be, what one would expect, but the simply do not appear at all! If you want a great jasmine frag with some amazing depth that is not overpowering I would recommend Mon Jasmine Noir by Bvlgari. The Bvlgari is much more of an "exotic jasmine" than this attempt by Halle.

Conclusion: no lasting power, no silage, no distinguishable notes apart from some lily and a sweaty violet (violet done well can be divine). Complete fail for me, not even salvageble by layering. I can usually make perfume work for me by wearing it in combination with other frags (I have an extensive collection). If something is not quite right I will add the missing bits and make it work. But this one--there is nothing there, they may as well just have packaged and sold water.

Now that I bashed exotic jasmine sufficiently I have to note that I like the following offerings by Halle: original Halle, wild orchid and closer. I own them and I do wear them occasionally. I think they are pleasant. But this one...Shame on you, Halle :)

pinkonyx
pinkonyx

I have seen a couple other comments that on here that this smells like Halle's other perfume Closer, and yes I agree but this is more like a Feminine floral version of closer. Closer is masculine and bland, Exotic Jasmine is tropical and feminine, reminds me a little of Bora Bora by Liz Claiborne, or paradise by Estee Lauder. Very floral though, so if that's not your thing you know not to buy this perfume.

SandraV

I agree that this smells like Curious-only watered down...so much that I can hardly smell it an hour later.Still, I love Curious and this might be nice as a lighter alternative.

almarie
almarie

I saw this at Walgreen's today and tried it on my wrist. It's nice, and I do own her Reveal fragrance, but I'm going to have to pass on this one because it's so similar to Closer, but with more of a floral note. BTW, the staying power is awful. I couldn't even smell it when I got home. Oh well.

jilli
jilli

A lovely, delicate perfume. To me, seams more Floral than a Fruity Floral in that the raspberry isn't noticeable on my skin. I am not keen on berry scents, so I find that to be a plus. I sampled it in the evening, and by noon the next day I could still detect it. The word I would use to describe Exotic Jasmine is "gentle". I plan on purchasing it and would wear this as an everyday sort of frag and to work as well. It's a cosy, comforting sort of scent. My initial reaction was that it wasn't complex enough, but I am won over after sampling it for three days.

Edited to add in Nov 2013: I agree with the poster bellow in regards to the notes. The notes listed on Fragrantica as of Nov 19, 2013 are completely incorrect. The member orionleo has posted the correct notes as per the Halle Berry website.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I sampled this on paper and I can hardly smell anything in this fragrance. It's like a non-existent fragrance.

celebrity89
celebrity89

So disappointed! This is like a watered down version of B.S. Curious, or many of the lightweight fruity frags. I was expecting a rich jasmine.

Hollie
Hollie

I just spritzed a dab of this on myself whilst shopping for school supplies at K-Marchet today. Oh my! My first reaction was that is was just lovely. It's not the typical fragrance style that I tend to go for but it was so airy and soft and musky that I could not, not love it.I haven't cared for any of her other fragrances so far either. There was no price listed so I just threw it in the cart and intended to ask for a price check, up at the counter. It reminds me very much of the Egyptian Musk oil that you can buy at any head shop...that combined with another oil..usually called something like "China Rain"...or "China musk". Not sure if everyone will know what I'm referring to or not. It definitely has a watery/musky thing going on and it's nice and light but seems to be staying nicely.As far as the notes listed,I'm not smelling the rasberry AT ALL.....I do smell jasmine though....it's not too heavy and that makes me happy as jasmine can sometimes make me feel like I'm being strangled. Thanks to Orionleo for giving us the full list of notes. If I were to sum up this scent, I'd call it a neo-skin musk. It has that yummy, jasmine & skin musk goodness that feels like it came from the Seventies ( like me!) but with a modern edge. I really like it and I feel like I MUST have it. It's most definitely non-offensive..in fact I believe it might be the opposite. You might just get some random Nuzzlers all up inya bizness with this on! This is really a terrible thing for me to say but if it's not selling well then maybe I will be able to pick up a few bottles discounted! I ended up not buying it only because it was $28 for a 1oz bottle (which isn't terrible but I had already spent my "perfume" allowance for the month.)This one surprised me because A. I don't gravitate towards this type of scent but I really loved it..and B. It did not smell similar to anything that I already have in my collection or anything that I've smelled recently...and C. I find it to be unique in a sea of similar fragrances. ( but that's just my opinion ;0)

orionleo
orionleo

it does have a jasmine note but its not listed on here it seems sometimes offical notes a left out on here'
here are the offical notes from halle berry fragrances website

HEAD NOTES

Soft Vetiver

Skin Musk

Jomoves
Jomoves

There has been virtually no advertising for this one, which is a shame because it looks like it could be a really nice, light summer scent. All I can think is that Halle's perfumes aren't selling all that well - apart from the first one - and now Coty are just going to roll them out until her contract expires.

SandraV

I tend to like perfumes with her name on it so will give this a try...and the reviewer above me is right:just noticed the notes are very similar to Closer and no jasmine is listed...is this an error?

Exotic Jasmine by Halle Berry 3.41 out of 5 based on 73 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Halle Berry Exotic Jasmine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Halle Berry Exotic Jasmine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Exotic Jasmine by Halle Berry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Exotic Jasmine by Halle Berry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.