Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Halle Halle Berry for women

Halle Halle Berry for women
dislike

Halle Halle Berry for women Pictures Halle Halle Berry for women Pictures Halle Halle Berry for women Pictures Halle Halle Berry for women Pictures Halle Halle Berry for women Pictures Halle Halle Berry for women Pictures Halle Halle Berry for women Pictures Halle Halle Berry for women Pictures Halle Halle Berry for women Pictures Halle Halle Berry for women Pictures

The first perfume by famous Oscar winning actress Halle Berry is due to appear on the market in March 2009. This woody oriental perfume carries the actress' name, Halle.

Berry herself stated that, before she had had her perfume, she had been mixing fragrances by other brands to make her own scent with fig and mimosa. She added olibanum, an African root, which brings spicy aromas to the fragrance, and sandalwood, which smooths transitions in the composition and makes it gourmand. The perfume is very sensual, very natural, very much reflective of the outdoors, as Berry says.

Advertisement for the first perfume by Halle Berry was filmed in Hawaii. Halle is wearing a white, see-through dress with a bikini under it. The fragrance represents Halle Berry, her temperament, sensuality and beauty. It was being created for a whole year till its final composition was achieved to show the actress' passionate character. The perfume was developed in cooperation with Coty.

The collection includes 15, 30 and 50ml EDT, 75ml perfumed deodorant, 200 ml body lotion and 200 ml bath.

Fig Leaf Bergamot Pear Blossom

Elixir

Halle Fragrance Reviews

UnearthlyApothecary
UnearthlyApothecary

I agree with the reviewer that caught a tobacco note but perhaps that is just the way the fig blends with woods? This is a sweet and light woodsy blend, perfect for everyday and a nice summer option for us woods lovers that easily carries into fall and winter. A great year round scent. The silage is so so ( my skin eats perfume) but the scent is so inexpensive you can easily justify a few extra sprays throughout the day. It's actually quite delicious, I can't stop sniffing my arm. I am so glad I bought this, I will be wearing it often!

GrandmaGaga
GrandmaGaga

Very elegant-looking bottle, deliciously sweet but not over sweet...just right!

kerrie.o'neill
kerrie.o'neill

I got this as a gift and am surprized how much I like it, it's something I can wear that won't be offensive or over powering. It lasts well on me and it doesn't give me a headache after a few hours! Win :)

poolsoflaughter
poolsoflaughter

Come back! Where did you go? I wanted to love you, as I love your namesake actress! Is it my skin's fault? There's a very light, powdery floral and wood, matronly kind of scent..not unpleasant, but very elusive, and gone within the hour. She doesn't like to party, and just wants to be left alone.

sbueno52
sbueno52

I read the reviews for tobacco-notes in perfumes and immediately thought of Halle. When I wear this, I have an immediate, lasting thought of when my husband opens his humidor! The vanilla in Halle has the same quality as a cigar-scented with deer tongue (the herb). Awesome!

kellymi
kellymi

Bought a mini-bottle of this from TJ Maxx based off the notes I read it contained. The first spray smelled just like Beyonce's "Heat"--overly sweet and sticky, but after a minute the sandalwood came out for me, a saving grace for "Halle".

The amber is a bit sweet, and the sandalwood is more of a discount variety--rather than warm and creamy. With that said, I liked it. Maybe not enough to get a larger bottle, but I will use all of the mini for sure.

nirvana1
nirvana1

MNN YUM! I just got this today, a blind buy, based on reviews and notes here. It totally smells gourmand to me, the first I smell is sweet. I LOVE IT! Have not had much luck with celebrity fragrances, but I do have alot to compare to (80+ fragrances), and this is definately a keeper! This is a very warm fragrance, which I love with a bit of sweet! This is my second review, I have yet to review a fragrance that I do not like, sometimes I just do not know what it is that I do not like about a fragrance. So I will keep the good reviews going! Nice warm sweet fragrance. I only purchased a .5 oz bottle, but I will be purchasing more!

jrhmakeupartistry
jrhmakeupartistry

I know some people like to stay away from celebrity fragrances for a plethora of reasons; however, I have an equal opportunity nose... I don't care whose name is on the bottle; it's what's inside that counts.

I can see where this fragrance is trying to go: a sexy floral spicy musky type of scent. I have to say that for me, there just wasn't anything memorable or unique about this scent at all. This fragrance is just too synthetic and sharp for my nose, and the musk just does not support the other notes in the fragrance which gives it an off unbalanced sort of smell. Halle Berry is a fantastically gorgeous lady; however, in my opinion this fragrance does not do her any justice. I don't necessarily believe that one has to spend large amounts of money to get a quality fragrance, but this fragrance just smells really cheap and artificial to me, and I'm surprised she attached her name to this concoction. Whenever I smell it, I get a ripping migraine. Sorry, I am not a fan of this one at all.

I like this scent when I put it on my hand, but when I spray on myself, it caused me a week worth of migraine. I did it again a week later, and it confirmed my suspicion. It is a beautiful perfume. I can put my finger on the ingredient that might do this, and I love mimosa, I don't think it is mimosa for me as others mentioned. Not sure...

Iguanatan
Iguanatan

Bought this for a song at my local discount shop. I get a smack of amber and a lot of pepper (don't know why, it is not meant to be in there!) when I spray this. It is quite delightful for around an hour and then leaves me completely, requiring reapplication. I think I would love this, were it not for the too short life of the perfume.

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

This was a pleasant surprise. Its warm and has this "wired" vibe I dont know how to describe. However, its a warm, cozy type of perfume. for the price, the quality is fine. Try it, even if you think celebrity fumes dont worth it, this one is actually worth the try.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

This is a nice floral creamy amber. The floral notes are lurking but never jump to center stage leaving amber and sandalwood the top performers. A mild amber scent that can be worn in spring as well as the colder seasons. I have a sample so I don't know about reformulations or anything but I get average performance. I have no complaints at all with this. For a non offensive and less aggressive amber scent this is a perfect choice!

plutodagirl
plutodagirl

Being a perfume addict, one of the shelves in my bathroom closet is dedicated to perfume only, and every once in a while, I go through the gazillion perfumes I own and give away the ones I do not care for anymore, or the ones I do not wear anymore, due to not having any more room for new bottles. I purchased Halle when it first came out. I wore it a few times, then decided it wasn't for me. Something always turned me off when I wore it. I held on to that bottle, every time I cleaned out the shelf, something always made me push it to the back. Never gave it away. I started using it this past Christmas time on a whim. And I liked it. Again, pushed it to the back of my closet, and just recently wore it again for the hell of it. I am SO HAPPY I did not give this one away! When I first put this on, it's strong and somewhat spicy to me, I can smell the fig leaf right from the beginning. Then it gets kinda powdery (the mimosa I'm assuming), but it's a dark powdery, that mimosa mingling with the amber and the sandalwood. The dry down is what makes me happy. I smell a dark, florally musk in the drydown, and it smells beautiful! When I wear this, it feels like a warm hug. Very cozy. More of a fall/winter perfume, to me it would be too heavy to wear in the heat/humidity of summer, but I'm sure going to try it when summer rolls around.

817flowers
817flowers

Ok so this is a surprise - I tried it on at Kohl's but couldn't smell it all that well. Lately, I noticed that and found it's best to just buy it and give it a chance at home. Well It smells wonderful, and lasts forever on me. I don't know if it's the winter season, but I am having luck with my scents just blossoming on me this year. I know it's our chemistry and as much as I read reviews, I know I need to try it myself, although the input helps me understand the realistic expectations of the scents. I just thinks it's such a wonderful passion to love scents and always be surprised. If I have a disappointed buy, that's ok, as in a month I may love it or mix it with another, or just return it if possible. I just know as a perfumista, one can never have too many bottles to pick from

Lidell
Lidell

Halle is like a turn down oriental that happens to remind you of your favourite santal-vanilla scented, good quality candle. Cuddly, warm, semi-deep, semi-powdery, semi-sweet, semi-wood, semi-everything, and just adorable the way it is, without any real content or becoming dumb. This is the mature and kind smile of a woman who knows that real meaning needs not to be expressed but experienced through intuition. I find fresia and its woodsiness making it a perfect fall day scent, and there is also a peachy dessert note so mellow it's addictive.

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

This fragrance is a pleasant surprise to me! I've had a mini-spray for months now, but put off actually wearing it. I took it with me while out of town for the holidays to see if I couldn't give it a little love.

Anyhow, this fragrance is like a long, smooth expanse of glowing, tan skin that radiates heat after a nap in the sun. At the same time, though, it could just as easily be your best-loved cozy winter sweater. As at home in winter as I imagine it could be in summer, it's the perfect scent for tousled hair and your favorite jeans, or for your favorite bikini.

I will admit it is just a wee bit chemical-smelling, especially on first spray, but several hours in, I am enjoying wafts of sandalwood and amber with a very subtle dry fruitiness. Maybe not my go-to for every day, but for the really easygoing days.

EDIT: After having worn this several times, I now think my excitement may have been premature. The chemical smell lingers now for me throughout all periods of wearing this fragrance and actually makes my throat burn a bit. I was planning to get more mileage out of this over the summer as a quasi-beachy scent, but I'm not sure now that I'll really want to.

Chiquis
Chiquis

On the page for Halle Pure Orchid someone described the original Halle by Halle Berry as "tangy"... When I read that I was like yes that's the perfect way to describe this perfume!! Halle by Halle Berry is like tangy honey. It's sweet but also has a bite. I quite like it.

PerfumeDudeBB
PerfumeDudeBB

In my opinion this is HALLE BERRY's very BEST fragrance...I've loved "HALLE" ever since first sampling it in CVS drugstore in 2009!!! I have a more in-depth review of the fragrance on my YouTube channel where I review fragrances...PLEASE Check my reviews out YouTube/PerfumeDudeBB :)

caylarhene
caylarhene

This is a scent I forget how much I love it after I stop wearing. Left it on my closet for a while and when I finally put it on ... I just remembered how much I loved it that I used the whole bottle.
I love this scent like I love Rihannas Rogue and ReblFleur. Halle has such a unique smell like those two. A fruity sweet, calm mature smell with some well balanced spice that makes it stand out. This frangrance last about 6 hours on me and its quite heavy. You will notice when someone is wearing this. I give this a ten out of ten. Its perfect for all weather in my opinion and will be so beautiful in the winter!!

Alysha
Alysha

I've gone through 2 small sized 30 ml bottles, loving both of them. Its a warm, cuddly scent. I found my first bottle at walmart, on sale after Xmas and it was a blind buy that turned out wonderful for me (me perfume collection was like 3 bottles then).

My second bottle was a gift from a friend, who knew that I loved this one so much. I just recently finished that one. I got a few compliments wearing this perfume.

I then happened upon it at Shoppers drug mart one day, on the 19.99 rack. I wasn't even looking for this one, nor did I really intend to buy more ( I had a little bit left of my 2nd bottle). However, for 19.99 and a huge size of 100mls, I couldn't say no!

I am now the proud owner of a huge bottle of this juice. Strangely, the projection is not the same as the 2 previous bottles. It disappears on my skin. I checked, and all of them were EDP. I have a weird suspicion that it's watered down. Oh well. I still enjoy the scent very much!

mayke
mayke

This is a great perfume! I bought it at the beginning of summer, and I've been waiting for autumn to finally come (I'm still waiting). I really want to try this in the autumn, because for summer it's just too heavy.
There is some kind of flower in this fragrance that makes it so beautiful to me, but I don't know which flower that is. It really stands out in the top notes. Does anyone know which flower I mean?

I bought the smallest bottle available (15 ml), but I like it so much that I might buy a bigger bottle when this one is empty.

callmethekhaleesi
callmethekhaleesi

My signature. Warm amber musk is what I get from it, with a tangy sweetness and some woodsy notes. It smells like a strong, independent woman to me, and it is not overly popular or immediately recognizable, yet it still manages to be very safe for any occasion. It's my go-to for job interviews and first dates, but it's also very comforting to me. Great for sweater weather :)

Rosalind34
Rosalind34

I tried this one on in the store awhile back. I was immediately taken aback at how cloying it was. A few minutes later, it turned and developed into a cheap whiskey smell. I seriously couldn't wait to get to the nearest restroom so I could wash it off.

CarolynS296
CarolynS296

BEAUTIFUL!

When purchasing a fragrance, I normally don't put much thought into buying a celebrity scent. I thought they might be subpar.

"HALLE" is, by far, one of the loveliest, woodsy, light spicy, warm, creamy and softly powdery, fragrances I possess.To those who love the warmer, rich and earthy fragrances ... DO NOT pass this one by, as it is absolute PERFECTION!

lorililly
lorililly

This perfume is a perfect scent for summer and transition into fall....it reminds me of the beach, as others have mentioned. However,the heavier dry down quality reminds me of early fall...a warm fragrance for when I start wearing sweaters. It is cozy and sublime. I love the fig, cashmere musk, and general warmth. This does last a long time on me, but it is not overpowering. It is like a walk by the ocean, from June to October!

CPelly82
CPelly82

The first time I smelled this all I could think about was the beach. Tanning oil and the smell of sea water tingled my nose. It's a perfect summer scent for day or evening wear and it lasts on me. I apply a couple of sprays on me in the morning before work and maybe one after I get home to freshen the scent.

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

I normally stay away from celebrity perfumes as they are usually nothing more than dupes for high end scents, but this one is different. It's not cliche or overly popular. It has nice warmness to it and it's very cosy.
Full of fruits, but not too sweet. In the opening I can smell pear and plum which is quite unusual. But not raw fruits, more like a plum compote!
Coty must have been inspired by their discontinued Vanilla Fields with this one. I don't know how that's possible though as there's no vanilla in the notes! I also smell a little bit of Casmir Chopard (in the drydown) but lighter, warmer, more carefree, wearable version. Cashmere musk is definitely distinctive.
I wouldn't call them an oriental woody. I would rather say 'a digestible gourmand' ; ).

Edit: I've read here, that they are similar to Cristobal Edt by Balenciaga. Hmm, there's striking resemblance between their bottles! I've never smelled Cristobal, because it's unavailable in my country, but it makes me courious now to try it!

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

It's so sweet, warm and cozy - perfect for cloudy and snowy days. I liked it from the first spritz - as if I'd always had it! And it stays on quite long. This perfume is like a friend you like to talk to on the phone once or twice a year - you can survive without her on everyday basis, but it's so good to know she's out there for you, so you can always get back to her. Halle - it's been so sweet to get back to you after all these months of not using you!:)

arlina1
arlina1

I have owned several bottles of this because I love deep woods mixed with musk. I have never smelled anything sour in it. Maybe a bad bottle or chemistry?

Every time I wear it I get a lot of compliments. It doesn't last long. Luckily the little to go squitter is the right size for a quick freshener during the day.

peacebaby
peacebaby

Purchased as a blindbuy and hopeless,nothing does NOT last i get nothing but a sour mouldy fruit and within minutes it's gone,don't waste your money on this supposed oriental woody ???????

Renetta
Renetta

I purchased Halle Berry's perfume collection yesterday (cheap), thinking that I would like at least one perfume out of the four in the box. After 5 squirts of "Halle"...I can't even smell it enough to say if I like it, or not. It totally disappears on me! I can't even smell it on my scarf. I certainly won't repurchase this one again.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

“Oh bring us a figgy pudding, oh bring us a figgy pudding….”. Yup, we got it right here. Actually, my first thought was date pudding, the kind my mother in law would make, syrupy and full of brown sugar and dried dates. Yummy, but not what I expected from this perfume. I love amber, sandalwood and musk, but those notes play a faint second fiddle to the sweet fig note. I am not a fan of gourmands, but did still find this perfume moderately enjoyable; I don’t think it would actually appeal to gourmand lovers, as it’s a simple sugary fig fragrance and not a dessert-scent (no vanilla, no spices). I wish this were richer, I wish it had more character and depth; but for what it is, it’s fine. It would be pleasant year round, inoffensive and a little generic. It would be good if you wanted a fig-centric perfume and gravitated toward sweet scents. Longevity was about 4 hours, sillage fair.

janelle70
janelle70

The amber was too overwhelming for me when sprayed. Reminded me too much of Gaultier 2 which I'm giving away soon. Too bad as the musk upon drydown was lovely.

Daivuce
Daivuce

It opens up with a gentle Bergamot and a hint of figs on me. Can't detect pear at all or is it because the figs are so prominent? Slightly more sour in the beginning, then getting sweeter. Bergamot scent is only short lived, while figs become more prominent and syrupy. 10 min later and it smells like fruit with honey and a hint of flowers. Edible. It takes around half an hour before all the above is gone and I'm left with a pleasant and faintly woody scent.
I wouldn't call it sexy, it's inoffensive every day fragrance when you can't decide what to wear. Doesn't last long either.

BetterJuice
BetterJuice

This scent takes FOREVER to develop on my skin. When it finally does the scent is gorgeous but so faint I have to press my wrist against my nose to smell it. Maybe the bottle of this I bought at Ross was off because Halle certainly gets a lot of great reviews here. (In fact, that's why I was inspired to buy it.)

I've tried layering it with other scents with just a so-so outcome. I almost want to try buying another bottle to see if I get better results, but I'd hate to throw my money away if Halle and my body chemistry just aren't a good fit.

CycoEva
CycoEva

I bought this on a whim simply for the "fig" element. Its definitely there, along with pecan pie. I do not smell any "mimosa" in it at all. Its very sweet and slightly creamy. This is an adult "sweet/sugary/candied fig/creamy musk" perfume, not a teeny-bopper fragrance. I would not re-purchase as I don't really adore the dry down, but its still pretty nice.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

Tried using this fragrance today and all I can say is that this scent is tart sweet & sugary to my nose. The first spray might be quite intoxicating and heady....but give it an hour later and the amber comes out & its quite beautiful! no heady thing anymore..LOL! well its now 9pm, and as I type this review, I can still smell the soft, sweet scent on myself, to think that I had spritz this around 6 hours ago. Lovely scent, Ms Halle! 2 thumbs up! :)

LilyWhit
LilyWhit

I can not isolate a single note in this perfume. All I smell is this thick syrup-ey sweetness that is just intoxicating. It isn't a young girl's candy scent though. This is womanly.

I am just in love with it. It is just beautiful !

SuzanneRonelle
SuzanneRonelle

As a big fan of "lovely" by SJP (which I can't find/buy in my country anymore) I should have known that this fragrance was going to be a big hit with me. I'm not inferring that they smell the same but both are such unique scents. I get a lot of sweet amber in the perfume: an earthiness that I find incredible. I don't think my nose or palette or whatever is actually sophisticated enough to really differentiate the exact tones or components, but what I definitely get when I spray it on and the dry down starts, is a lovely coconut-ish smell which softens over time but lingers for a long time. The perfume makes me feel very sexy and the soft note of coconut reminds me of summer holidays. (Added bonus: it doesn't give my husband disabling hay fever which I really appreciate) Simply stunning!

I was really surprised to see that this has no fruit notes listed aside from pear blossom. I get a strong cherry/raspberry smell from Halle Berry.
I do get wood and amber as well, but the overall impression is that you took a bottle of SJP Twilight and dropped a popsicle in it.

mamufa
mamufa

I like it in winter. It's sweet , cozy and sexy.
I have 2 bottles of 50 ml and hope they will last, because I don't see it anymore in stores.

jojoSafa
jojoSafa

smell like coke. coca cola

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

- warning, a negative but diplomatic review -

(My first negative review I guess! I hope it might be helpful for some)

Got it because it lists fig, driftwood, sandalwood, musk - advertised as a beach scent, categorised as an oriental woody creation. Halle looks beautiful in the ads, reviews are incredible and the price is pretty darn low. You can see how all of these things make it seem too good to be true and got me to blind buy this, right?!

I'm a fan of beachy and figgy and woody. I was truly hoping for at least one of those options, but I don't get anything else but a pot of microwaved, melted gummy bears+jelly beans covered in spiced pear syrup. So sweet! I can smell that note of coca-cola in there too. Warm cocoa-cola.

Maybe that scent when you're making jello yourself, when the water is still hot and evaporating as you're stirring the mixture. I tried and I tried to love it - I was convinced that this would be the safest blind buy of mine.
Oh well, I still don't know what went wrong when I think about it, but me buying Halle was inevitable anyway :) I envy anyone who loves this scent.

NicoleO
NicoleO

A warm and sensual woody amber. I only tested it because it was so cheap on sale ($12.95AU for 30ml). Thought it was okay but left the store without it. Half an hour later I was back to buy it. It had dried to a lovely warm scent with just a hint of sweetness. Perfect for everyday wear during the colder months. I'm impressed I could find something that nice for that price, and I would have paid more for it too.

I agree with what another reviewer said about it smelling a bit like vanilla essence. It's a warm and comforting fragrance.
The more I wear this, the more I like it. Best sprayed with a light hand, or it can become cloying.

love45
love45

This is a mature scent and original IMO. First spritz can be overwhelming but the drydown is amazing! However, I have to be in the mood for it but overall, I am very impressed with this! :)

jonr951
jonr951

Oh Halle, how deliciously sweet and tasty you are. It's such a mood lifter for me. Love how it's a truly wonderful scent for a fabulous price! This beauty smells WAY better than a million other pricey scents out there, IMHO. Bravo Halle! I just wish it came in a HUGE 3.4 oz! Haha! : )

WHITEOWLWOMAN

Well, it's been an additional 4 hours for a total of 8 and 4 hand washes. This perfume on the backs of my hands is still there and is lovely. I might buy this one after all.

WHITEOWLWOMAN

This fragrance was a big surprise. I put it on at 4pm. It was horrible and continued to stink for 3 hours. Then it underwent wonderful change. It became soft and feminine. It reminds me of the type of powdery fragrance my mother wore when I was little. It has that warm soft fragrance of musk, amber, and powder. Four hours later it still smells lovey. I doubt I'll buy it, because those first horrible 3 hours are too much to endure even though it is very inexpensive.

rosagarcia163
rosagarcia163

Strange, there is always something about her perfumes that are just weird. it doesnt stink, but it deffintatly stands out from all the rest and i cant figure if i like it or not

jessbug
jessbug

I actually ordered this one because someone said it reminded them of Hillary Duff's With Love. And because it was cheap.

This perfume is not like With Love. Although in the beginning some of the supporting wood/amber notes are slightly reminiscent of some aspects of With Love, Halle does not have any deep woody notes or fresh fruity notes to keep the sweetness balanced. It just becomes warmer and sweeter while you wear it.

On me Halle's drydown is kind of unsettling, because it is so sweet. I don't mind sweet, in fact I love gourmands, but it just feels out of place in this amber perfume.

It's not an unpleasant scent though, it really is quite nice (like many here have said, "Not bad, but not great"). The longevity is seriously awesome. The plastic rings around the bottle neck look super cheap, though.

I guess it's just not for me. Too bad.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

this was a pleasant surprise, while I wouldn't call it a masterpiece or absolutely beautiful. It is a very nice very feminine amber perfume.

The quality is fair... the amber does not smell of high quality however it doesn't smell synthetic either

It is sweet but not candy sweet and it definently has a powdery drydown... not a elaborate development . it develops pretty quickly and lasts a few hours. I'd say it's better than most celeb fragrances. If you are low on cash and want a powdery amber... I think this is a great choice

Like I said very nice, but I think I'll stick to lutens and gantier

thecomic22
thecomic22

I loved this one. It smells uber expensive & so sexy. ;) Miss Berry hit this one right on the money.

Chio268
Chio268

'Halle' is what I would describe as a 'perfect perfume'. It's innoffensive, feminine and appropriate for all ages and occasions. It's warm, a bit spicy but sweet at the same time.

This is one of those perfumes that you'd wear for every situation-well, maybe not for the gym but that would be about the only place I don't see myself wearing this gorgeous fragrance :)

Me8
Me8

Just ok. I won't buy again but would be nice to receive as a present.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

This is a very "Safe" perfume. Its Kinda like Halle herself meaning its simple, classic and classy. It smells good, It is not outstanding. This would make a great perfume from anyone age 16 all the way to age 90+ its kind of soft and elegant. This perfume is not offensive in any kinda way. When the top notes wear off it smells like a nice imported powder. (not like cheap baby powder) This perfume is one of those perfumes you use as a stocking stuffer or a im just thinking of you Gift. I would say its not for special occasions or or times you want to stand out. This would be nice to wear on a Job Interview.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I love the notes in this...sticky,juicy fruits and fresh sweet flowers...it starts off very luscious,sweet & fresh...and one by one you can pick up all the notes in this perfume from the blossoms & fig,through to the hibiscus,freesia & mimosa. The cashmere musk is the predominant note for me which lingers and as Avril said, I also get a lingering cocoa scent which reminds me of hot chocolate-but that's good because I love hot chocolate ! For me ,it is long lasting and subtle-I have been getting lovely little whiffs of it all day. You can buy mini purse sprays of this and Reveal on Ebay for £1.99,brilliant for testing it out- I'm going to buy myself the whole set now,as I want to smell of this one from head to toe.

avril.carron
avril.carron

This has to be by far my favourite perfume, I usually go for sweet perfumes but I got this one for my birthday and I absolutely loved it. I think it smell a bit like cocoa and spices, there is something about it for me which I feel it different to other perfumes. I could go on forever about how much I love this perfume.

I went through an entire bottle so quickly. I love the spicy smell to it, it is such a sexy scent. I love the bottle too such a simple and elegant bottle which suits the perfume well.

themorrigan
themorrigan

This is such an amazing beachy smell, reminds me of coconut tanning oil and dift wood.

Beautiful summer scent!

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I got a .5 oz bottle of Halle in a gift set and decided to give it a shot. Overall I have to say I didn't love it. I like woodsy scents, but all I smelled from this fragrance is straight amber. While I really like amber when blended well with other notes, in this instance the amber is so strong and sweet that it was a bit hard to handle - I am assuming that has a lot to do with my chemistry. I also thought it smelled a lot like Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber. BBW does it way better, IMO, and the price is better comparatively speaking. I personally wouldn't use this one again.

clairdelune
clairdelune

Since my initital intro to Halle at Kohl's in 2012 my thoughts about this scent have evolved considerably. I was actually at Kohl's again, three years later, and again put it on and decided I really wanted to own this one. As many other reviewers have stated this inexpensive scent comes off as high-quality, and while I do get some of that synthetic effect some reviewers have mentioned, it's transient and not a deal breaker for me. The many pros far outway the cons. I strongly agree with all those who say this is ideal for fall. It's Oct. now and Halle is perfect for the cooler, crisper weather (I'm in the n. hemisphere obviously). In the opening I get the pair, though subtly. I then get a big dose of amber which lasts throughout the wear plus some subtle spice and at the end a vanilla with a touch of caramel that I just love. And I can still smell this at the end of the day so it feels like a really good value. While I'm admitadly a perfume snob, I'm really impressed with this very affordable and more original (for a celeb-fume) offering. It's warm, sweet, but not too sweet, a bit complex and unexpected. I'm so happy to have found it.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I just sprayed this on a few minutes ago before i head out and i think the top notes are very similar smelling to that of Britney Spears Believe.
This is the first time I've ever noticed but then again,I've only owned Britney Spears Believe for about a week.
There is a menthol type of scent in the top notes and I'm not sure what it is but i like it.
I'm on my second bottle Of "Halle" perfume this year :)
I really like Pure Orchid as well. I haven't yet smelled a Halle Berry scent that I haven't enjoyed and you really can't beat the price of her scents either.
Beautiful perfume by an extremely Beautiful Actress :)

misschic
misschic

On me this smells very similar to Chanel's Coromandel. Very exotic.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

It smells exactly like Midnight Rain by La Prairie and Betsey Johnson by Betsey Johnson.
Smells good and more affordable and more aviable than the MR and BJ perfumes. Perfect :)

cinema1974
cinema1974

Coty fragrance this company for some reason is major holder of cele frag... I did like the sweet amber and the woody maple scent...but for some reason this perfume went bad quick... I purchased it when it first came out and by summer it was rancid? Coty if it stamped always goes bad...or has chemical base starts to come out... but other than that hope they perfected the perfume by now because it has a nice amber vanilla hue... my husbAND loves it... if you love ambers and woody vanilla then you will like this one...

aniston
aniston

Just sweet, no good impact. Smelt very common and generic.

laurelsomething
laurelsomething

Finally picked up a bottle of this! It was out in all the places in town but one, that was selling it for double the price. But I HAD to have it! I was looking for a new fall scent and this subtly warm amber and sandalwood mix is perfect for the cooler days ahead. The amber is what really sold me on this. I find I can't handle spraying it directly on me and being in a cloud. So I sprits it on my wrists and dab it on the sides of my neck. - I like that this scent doesn't smell like chemicals or synthetically sweet. It's more 'natural' and some what powdery. Gusta!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Such a light scent… it's very casual. Smells very cute; a soft, ambery, kind of spicy smell. Not bad, but the longevity is almost absent. Since it's a very inexpensive frag, you can reapply it worry free. Still, reapplying it every hour is ridiculous. Would love, if it lasted longer.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Ever ended a day at the beach watching the sun set with the scent of salt and sand mingling with the remains of coconut oil on your shoulders?

If you have, then you know exactly this fragrance smells like.

AddictInTime
AddictInTime

The amber in this, and the wooden note - reminds me of With Love by Hilary Duff; however there is something fruity and sweet about this which reminds me (especially when first sprayed) of Britney's Midnight Fantasy. Mix the two and I think it would smell a bit like this. It's ok but I prefer both those scents apart from one another.

Kamaty
Kamaty

On my skin is warm, sweet, incense and delicious.
So many people have some restriction about celebrity fragrances but open your mind for
this comfort and well balanced perfume.
Is cheap on price tag but not on smell...
I'm loving ...

Abby1970
Abby1970

This was a blind buy. I liked the look of the bottle and it was so cheap I could satisfy my curiosity for a little more than the price of a cup of coffee..

Alas, another one to be gifted to my 15 year old daughter. Predictable, sweet, candy like fragrance that is better suited to a young girl than a woman. It’s not bad but there is nothing special, unique or classy here.

If you’re in your early twenties or late teens you might really enjoy this scent but I’m afraid that to my nose, it’s too “Come on Barbie, let go party!”

mrshopkins1973
mrshopkins1973

Sandalwood/Musk Incense. That's a real accurate description. I love the "warmth" of it, so maybe that's why I prefer it in the Fall/Winter.

Malibu

The top notes in HALLE are a bit too sweet, the blend borders into sickly on me. I love fig notes in other fragrances, but combined with pear? I can put up with it, but I’m not a huge fan.

However, it’s the overpowering floral notes that put me of HALLE. I couldn't separate any of the individual notes; they all smacked me in the face at once. Sweetness + heavy florals = migraine.

The cloying, sickly top and heart to HALLE is a shame, as I love the creamy base notes; at last I capture the sensuality and spice that I was promised. Unfortunately it was too little too late for me.

The lasting power is good and the price is right, but after reading countless articles on how spicy and sensual it was meant to be, I was left a bit disappointed by the final result.

Miffymuffin
Miffymuffin

Sorry but I just dont like it. It smells sweet and fruity/flowery on me. Dont get the sandlewood or musk. Glad I only purchased a sample and not a full sized bottle.

gracegrace
gracegrace

Love this! plan to purchase it again.

lovetoshopmum
lovetoshopmum

I love this perfume its sweet and musky all at the same time, its such a rich and comforting smell. My favourite perfume is Elixir des Merveilles by Hermes but this one is fighting for my affection!! I live in Ireland where even the summer (which it is now) is cold and wet .. this fragrance transports me to a warm balmy sunny place ... its so affordable but smells like a really expensive perfume .. please try it you will not regret it!!

Shinbin
Shinbin

bought this on a blind buy as i was curious of what it will smell like, got it for a friend's birthday, and got a sneaky sniff hehe..

might order myself a bottle the next time. its so cheap, easy on the nose.

even my sister likes this perfume and she isnt even a perfume lover.

i agree with one of the reviewers it smells like vanilla essence but i don't mind the smell, i would love to smell like that when i am in one of my vanilla sweet moods lol

virginia.pavez
virginia.pavez

OMG! Realmente es un perfume excepcional. Lo compré a ciegas, pero fue realmente un gran acierto, es un aroma exquisito, encantador, femenino y sensual. Altamente especiado, dulce y envolvente. En mi opinión las notas más relevantes son ambar y sándalo, las notas florales no son perceptibles para mi nariz. Tiene una fijación excelente, y un precio muy conveniente. Se convirtió en una de mis fragancias favoritas desde el primer momento. Lo amo!

OMG! It really is a unique scent. I bought it blindly, but it was really a great success, is an exquisite aroma, charming, feminine and sensual. Highly spiced, sweet and enveloping. In my opinion the most important notes are amber and sandalwood, floral notes are not immediately obvious to my nose. It has an excellent setting and a very convenient price. He became one of my favorite fragrances from the start. I love it!

amy1983
amy1983

This perfume is crazy sweet. The thing is that the bottle is so attractive. The juice is amber-colored and the bronze rings at the top of the bottle are so pretty. And the back looks like waves of sand. The bottle looks so promising,but it is so sickeningly sweet,why anyone would like this is beyond me. It smells like the vanilla extract people use for baking,and nothing else. It makes me feel anxious. Sorry,Halle.

lisalgreer
lisalgreer

wow! Just bought this today for a few bucks, and it was love at first sniff. I feel the urge to stock up soon and am worried that it will be gone (a sure sign of love at first sniff for me. I only have one other perfume I've done that with, and I have one backup bottle of that one. This one might require multiples). It smells like heaven: fig, amber, tobacco, vanilla. Reminds me a bit of Venezia by Laura Biagiotti (yeah I'm obsessed with my old favorite--still) but maybe a bit sweeter. It seems to have sillage and lasting power from the little bit I sprayed on. Going to wear it tonight. Already changed it to my signature scent and put it in my top 5. That's how much I love it!

KateAnette
KateAnette

@ Herbwitch, i think it's a chemistry thing. It must have something to do with the body/ skin pH. If the pH is more acidic, i think the perfumes tend to turn sour. Happens to me too with a lot of perfumes. Diet change probably would help a lot to get the pH to a normal level (less coffee too). That might change how perfumes react with your skin.

herbwitch
herbwitch

WOW is right. This little beauty is MINE. I love this and it is so inexpensive??? Increasingly over the years, almost everything turns sour on me. Rancid chemical mess or gone in an instant. I usually apply only to my clothing these days. My friend wore this and I tried it. It smelled the same on her as on my daughter, a pretty feminine amber, vanilla, floral - pleasant, sweet,sexy,simple. On me it is something completely different and wonderful. Mouth watering dark fruit, bright florals, no powder, no amber. Dry down was almost identical to Cristobal but more projection. They were both amazed at how different it smelled. It stayed 10 hours, a little went a long way!!!. Does anyone know why most perfumes go so bad on my skin or why this one would work so well?

KateAnette, thank you. Yes, I am guessing you must be correct and yes, I am a coffee addict. Are there others that you know work with acid ph?

dadulka82
dadulka82

Considering I don`t do celebrity fragrances, I found one I love!
Halle is sweet, light and affordable.
I would say it is more floral-woody and I can definitely smell vanilla too.
Love it and will buy it again

Lailica
Lailica

The first accords remind me of J'aime la Nuit (La Perla). this is good because La Perla is much more expensive. Both are very sweet and Halle stays in clothes forever.
Os primeiros acordes me fazem lembrar J'aime la Nuit (La Perla). Gostei disso porque La Perla é muito mais caro. Ambos os perfumes são muito doces e Halle permanece nas roupas por muito tempo.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Blind purchase which tunred out to be a great one :-)
Halle is a lovely oriental woody juice with a strong fig leave, pear, sandalwood and amber note. It leaves quite a detectable trail behind you; so sillage wise I will give it 9/10.
Lasting power is also reasonable, 5-6 hours and only now it is becoming closer to the skin scent.
If I am to point to another fragrance that is similar to Halle, it would be Cristobal by Balenciaga which has been discontinued and is very rare.
Halle will make a great substitute; I am already planning on getting a few more bottles.
I think that Halle did very well with this little beauty; apart from Pure Orchid, which I adore, Halle EDP will be my top choice for an evening for two.
Beautiful, mature fragrance which will not drain your pocket.

nananessa
nananessa

I found a small purse size (.17) EDP spray at my local Big Lots for $3.00 & I like her as an actress, & had liked the samples in the magazines. For me, after having worn this all day, my experience with it is somewhat mixed, I'm afraid!

The EDP spray opened with a big dose of amber, incense, slightly musky, with a good bit of fruity pear & a refreshing, sparkling hint of bergamot. Unfortunately for me, the bergamot dissipates almost immediately, & that is what made this so interesting IMO. I think more bergamot to add a tangy touch of citrus whould have helped balance out so much sweetness. It has an enormous amount of sweetness through & through for me, the amber so dominant that the other notes have virtually disappeared! The sillage is good & the longevity for me is incredible! This one has been on with one spray & held on for a long haul!!! It is a pleasant, simple note of amber with a touch of incense, reminding me of a new Amber scent I smelled at BB&W this past weekend. I find no other notes, which is such a disappointment for me. I was really hoping this one would show more complexity in it's composition.

It is not an unpleasant fragrance for me, as it really smells like a winter evening choice for me. I truly wish there was more I could say about it but I can't.

For those that want an amber fragrance that has immense longevity, then the EDP version would be a good choice. I'll tuck mine back for winter when I want the sweet warmth of amber!

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This is for confident ladies who like smelling womanly yet mature. To my nose. Halle created this for women in her age group as there are not many perfumes that meet the need of women 35-55 in the drugstore. Most fragrances go for the sugar sweet and young girls or the stronger ones for mature ladies. Halle gas the sweetness and yet it also has this wonderful spice in it that just balances the sweetness. This is a gem for me. I think its really a phenomenal celebrity event. I think this is the epitome of halle. It's simple yet approavhable and worked for all times and seasons....finally something I can wear to work.and smell good yet professional...I don't want to smell like sugar, bubblegum or cotton candy all the time!....if this sounds right, I think that you have to have a command over yourself to wear this. It smells really "peaceful, natural and sensual" to me. I think this stands out a little bit. I can see halle insisted this come out classy and it really did. I appreviate the beauty of this. I get a lot of amber, fruit and a touch of vanilla with this amazing spicy base that stops the fruit from being intrusive. I deginately want the lotion for this. Something tells me that would smell incredible. The lasting power of this is just average which makes me sad. But its very affordable so I will respray. This does have a slight resemblance to bath and body works stuff because its very non offensive. This can hold its own against any expensive perfume on my vanity. I am into the drydown right now and its equisite. A real affordable luxury. Get this! I saw this at Walmart tonight. Half an ounce for $4.50! That's almost free!!!!! I bought it to take in my purse with me. I kinda smell several perfumes in this but BETTER. The amber and incense and fig smell divine. This is really special and pretty. Like halle. One of the few celebrity scents I can imagine the celebrity wearing! This is better than just about all my designer stuff. Wow.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

To ewelka : a good fragrance is a good fragrance , regardless of the designer .

I bought a .17 purse size of this . I put it on and couldn't get home fast enough to was it off . Just yucky . I threw it right away . I just hate it.

rivet6
rivet6

I love this one. Smells excellent on me.I would wear this any season.One of favorites.My best friend and boyfriend like it on me as well.

hosta
hosta

I think I would have really liked this one, however, it smells EXACTLY like my daughter's Boudreaux's Butt Paste diaper cream. I would probably wear it if I hadn't already smelled the diaper cream.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Dear Miss Halle im wondering if people got the wrong perfume? i bought some chanel bois des iles, thierry mugler mirroir dis mirroir, vanites, cuir de russie, black aoud, blue amber,coromandel.. all those GREAT rave-worthy scents, but miss halle ,.. you ve been on my mind all day. Since the day i met you , i was captured at the buttery lush fruits from Badgley Mischka Couture, the Guava Patchoulli Praline note in britney spears believe and the salty luscious figs of womanity, you remind me of so many but yet different from them by being so complete. You tease me relentless for hours leaving a trail of delicious honeyed notes and little warm breathes of sandalwood and vanillia. Truly you are a one of the most beautiful fruity oriental miss halle.
You ve been promoted to my top ten.

eclecticgal1
eclecticgal1

Something must be wrong with my 'nose' >-))))because I smell vanilla in the opening and it is not listed in the ingredients. I do smell woods and musk and incense which I love.

It has a good longevity on me but not much silage...but I like it a lot. I almost never buy celebrities' perfumes maybe mistakenly feeling with the price they can't be good.

This is one fine EDP.

lostintheshadow
lostintheshadow

Got this as a birthday present. A good pick for me because I often shy away from sweet/fruity scents - this has enough other things going on to not be sickening. Quite classy I think. The EDP has killer sillage.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I've had this for a while... bought it because of the notes and the reviews.

Today, I sprayed some on just to remember what it smells like... and here is my initial impression:

Sweet Lemon Tea. As if I just mixed up a batch of it.

Very light, very non-offensive. Slightly floral, slightly spicy... but mostly smells like lipton ice tea w/ lemon and sweetener.

I actually do like this, but it doesn't last long on me.

when i first wore this perfume i really didn't care for it. i thought it was too heavy and sweet. but, i've given it a 2nd chance in cooler weather and i find that i do really like it. it's warm and smoky sweet in a good way. love the sweet(pear)woodiness of it also. i'm enjoying this the 2nd time around.

puppygirl23
puppygirl23

got this perfume and first it smelled not to good but then in a few mins it stared smelling good i think this goes on a Friday because this scent is like if you go to a party or a going out scent

trenchlove1
trenchlove1

This is for sure a winter scent,i would imagine in summer this would smell gross.
This is a right away wood smell im a person who hated woods till i found this prize.
it also has a side sweet smell n fruit mixed together its amazing!

rosembloom
rosembloom

I find it to be a nice warm floriental that is comforting and delicious. However, on me it does not have that monster sillage some mentionned. When I spritz it in my freshly washed hair, I get so many compliments !!! It's quite simply a lovely and pretty scent which is more sensual than girly . (does anyone get that 'hot sand' note at the end? ). WEll, off I go to another review!

lizzie81
lizzie81

I'm divided on this scent. It does have a uniqueness about it and when I first spray it i think oh this is nice, different not your usual fruity sweetness, however as the day wears on, it gets sweeter and more annoying. I don't want to re-apply and I usually always re-apply my scents at least once during the day. This is one which if I smelt on someone else I would think it was pleasant but on me after several hours ( and this has some incredible lasting power on me!) I find myself just wanting to get away from it but I can't as It lasts like anything!! This is something that I just want to sniff once not continuously! I appreciate the direction this perfume was aiming for but to me it doesn't quite make it and there's a certain cheapness or chemical element that I dislike. I think it could be incredible if they upped the quality of the ingredients. I don't know what it is about halle berry scents but they just do not go with my chemistry. Nice in the bottle but on me turns, sweet, cloying and chemically...shame :(

Edit: This is quite pleasant when mixed with Sarah Jessica Parker 'Twighlight', the Twighlight in my opinion when sprayed lightly with this gives it that stronger base and more rich, better quality aspect that it is missing, try it :) xx

jenny2301
jenny2301

This is my fav of her 3 scents...Its nice...not my fav nothing special but its okay!

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

I'm not sure why, but the opening of this reminds me of Shalimar. I know it's not listed in the notes, but I detect peach for some reason. This smells like vanilla and spice. I'm interested to see how this reacts with my skin in the summer. It's a lovely smell though, almost considering this a night time scent.

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

I bought it in summer and didn't appreciate it much. Now that it's winter, I have to say that I'm changing my mind, I like it!
Its sweet, balmy qualities really give their best in cold weather.
Amber sweetened by the pear, initially almost balsamic, but it dries down with sweet woods.
For the price, a good buy.

dame piglet
dame piglet

This reminds me very much of B & BW Warm Vanilla Sugar with sweet peach & watery pear.
It opens with a bitter scent (I think it's the incense) along with sweetness. Although it's not listed, next I get syrupy peach (maybe it's just pear, but it sure smells like peach in there, too) and loads of amber.
I'd really love to smell this on someone else, because it smells really lovely. However, I cannot wear it myself because a constant stream of it is just too much for me - it irritates my sinus cavities.

It lasts quite awhile, and stays pretty linear - what you smell 2 minutes in is what you smell an hour later. Great for someone else, just not for me.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Sugary Sweet Amber Musk, Spicy Tropical floral in the back.
This is a Delicious Sweet, but not too sweet, velvety Amber fragrance. STRONG projection, i can smell it from far away. I sometimes sneak a few squirts on myself. More Matured and Demure than the other Juicy Sugar bombs out there. Good for all ages & Seasons. Something subtle understated, sophisticated, and just downright sexy.
It's a very safe fragrance that i recommend as a Gift.

Well, at this price, one could certainly do much worse than Halle Berry HALLE. I was afforded the opportunity to test this Coty (non-prestige) drugstore offering by the receipt of a free 5ml atomizer along with an online purchase at one of the discount emporia. I usually steer clear of Coty nonprestige fragrances because I have yet to recover from my traumatic testing of their reformulated Muguet des Bois, which may have scarred me for life.

HALLE is at the level of some of the BBW offerings, it seems to me (maybe a notch lower?). A slightly spicy vanilla-ish amberish scent all held together with BHT. To say that any of the listed notes are present would probably be to stretch things a bit. This smells okay, but I probably won't be using the $3 coupon that came along with the free sample. HALLE begins to turn fairly quickly on my skin. Hmmm... would that be because of or in spite of the BHT?

justine_hanon
justine_hanon

I bought this Perfume today Nov/29/2011 at Walgreens. I got the Set with the body lotion, body wash and the perfume 1.0 fl oz For 20$. I have to say:
IM IN LOVE!!!! The Scent is beautiful, to me it's smells like Vanilla and Musk and the bottle is cute too. I will denfently buy this Perfume again.

This Perfume you can use it Day and Night.

Bottle: 4/5
Price: 5/5

wowgirl
wowgirl

I love Halle's first fragrance so much, her other fragrances smell good too, but her original stands above all! This smells so earthy-sweet and sensual, and I can't get enough of it!! I love how the fig note works in here, it's so intriguing and keeps me sniffing myself. It's perfect, it can definitely hold its own against the really expensive stuff-not that this fragrance is cheap in anyway-though its affordable. And that's another thing. I object to this being referred to as a cheap fragrance-it's not! Just cause you don't have to pay 50 dollars and up for a fragrance doesn't make it cheap!!

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I bought this today for £10.50 for a 30ml bottle. It was so cheap I couldn't resist! Halle is a pleasant, inoffensive fragrance that is sweet and spicy. It reminded me of a sweeter and lighter version of Britney Spears Believe. I spritzed this on before going into work and one of my work collegues (who is male) said 'What's that nice smell?' The only downside is that the lasting power is terrible

Overall, a subtle, cheap and pleasant fragrance that, okay maybe won't be memorable but is very nice whilst it lasts.

Hollie
Hollie

This is nice, especially for the price. It's warm,sweet and sultry.I agree that right from the first sniff, it does smell like Nirmala (I get lots of citron and honey.) Once it dries down, it gets muskier and fruity and a bit woody and really reminds me of Betsy Johnson. Nice surprise.....not bad at all.

EDIT: Ok....it's been a few days and the more I smell it, the more it kind of annoys me.....turns kind of "sour" on my skin. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood. I still think it's a fairly unique scent for the price though.

pcelica
pcelica

maybe it is a cheep taste, cheep juice, but I love it. It is warm and sensual... beautiful for autumn. I need to have this perfume, absolutely

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

cheap lookin bottle, cheap juice, cheap taste, I love halle berry but none of her perfumes, Its a shame too because as somebody so beautiful like she is you would think that they would put more effort into her fragrances... I tried it, it was alright but will never ever buy it.

cheerbear8605
cheerbear8605

this totally reminds me of bath and body works warm vanilla sugar. It's more muskier though...I do like this perfume it reminds me of fall for some reason. It's also not that expensive!

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

To my nose Halle smells remarkably similar to The Iceberg Fragrance and on checking the notes of each they do share several - marigold, pear, bergamot, musk - although Halle doesn't include pistachio, which is one of the dominant notes in The Iceberg Fragrance. I also think both fragrances are slightly masculine smelling in some ways, although the pistachio creaminess of The Icerberg Fragrance makes it slightly more feminine smelling to me in general.

So, to me the Halle and The Iceberg Fragrance are barely distinguishable from one another! I think that Halle is a little heavier and more spicy smelling to start off with but it settles down after a short while and becomes softer. It smelled a little too heavy for me in the beginning but after it settled down and became softer it also smelled slightly more 'zingy' to me and a little more citrus, which I found preferable to how it starts out. The staying power isn't very good on me - a few hours at most and then it seemed to vanish which, given that it starts out quite heavily on me, surprised me. I would have thought the longevity would be better. It's a nice fragrance but not one that I think would ever be a 'go to' kind of fragrance for me and I'd have to be in the right mood for it (whatever that may be!).

naheed
naheed

I find it to be more fruity than oriental scent. Halle starts with a fresh pear note and then slowly turns sweet. The sweetness is like if the freshly cut pear has been mixed in warm honey and despite smelling sweet it isn't overly sweet and cloying. I also smell slight amber along with fruity note.

It's a good scent if one wants something sweet and fruity in a fragrance which is balanced, neither too sweet nor too fruity, then I would recommend Halle.

Longevity on the whole is between 4-5 hours after that you can still smell it but just only you on yourself.

just_me
just_me

It smell like a light version of Believe by Britney

myskiesareblue
myskiesareblue

Its masculine, sweet, safisticated meets coco butter. Thats all I remember about it.

honeysuckle77
honeysuckle77

I picked this up unsniffed at Walmart. Got the 1oz on clearance for a whopping $8.00. It's worth every penny and more!

It's smooth and sweet with an edge. My skin really pulls out the frankincense and amber. In fragrances where frankincense is prominent, I've ended up smelling like a Christmas tree but the mimosa, amber and sandalwood smooth over that effect. So, I'm getting a smokey honeyed sweetness from this perfume. Love it.

bbdgirl
bbdgirl

I like this and want to like this because I like Halle. The problem is that the scent is not original. What I notice is that it is another sweet scent but more subtly sweet than other celebrity scents. It is not strong, low sillage on me and the longevity is below average. What I do find attractive is the hint of fruit, peach, vanilla in the dry down. I think I would be much more impressed if the scent didnt fade so quickly. I am not used to having to overspray a scent. My wrists and my neck with an Eau de parfum are usually enough. The problem with the celebre-scents are that they are not high enough quality. They make great gifts because they smell nice but usually won't break the bank. That's why I often think that they are better suited for teens and ladies in their early 20s

stufi
stufi

disapperanceeeee...just 10 minutes stays...

jcastano
jcastano

I really enjoy this scent. It's sexy and alluring while being elegant and delicate. It has the combination of woodyness and vanilla-apple vibe of Boss Bottled with the gourmandish appeal of A*Men Pure Malt without the whiskey note. I might even say it smells like a bit like Animale Animale, only with a more feminine touch. It's slightly more floral and a little more fruity but just as warm as those I've compared this to. It's a shame this is a celebrity scent because in that regard, people won't seem to give this the time of day. I knew a co-worker who wore this and everytime I would sniff her, it felt like heaven. My sister sniffed it and loved it so much that she even went out and purchased a bottle. It's magical! I highly recommend it!

This has a strong pear note to me. It's like Halle tries to lean on Molinards' "Nirmala". For a drugstore scent it's quite surprising. It first smells very sweet nice and edible - like sweet candy. Then on me the sweet comes even more out after 1h and the candy fades away.

[email protected]
paiged98@gmail.com

I like it. It has many similarities to Let it Rock by Vivienne Westwood, Lolita Limpikca (sp) Midnight and yes, there is some form of Covet in there without the greeness. I sprayed on today and did not buy but that was 5 hours ago and I still smell. I keep inhaling by arm and my overal opinion is that it is nice and surprising, not sweet and not at all boring...may end up with it afterall.

madhatter1
madhatter1

I liked it, fruity vanilla tone and it did last on me. Got compliments and I would buy again. Nice for daily wear, like at the office, gym or running errands....

suzy Nasr
suzy Nasr

reminds me of the bottle of love in paris by nina ricci

takeasniff
takeasniff

I find the lotions of this and Pure Orchid stay on for ever but the sprays are like body sprays no staying power at all. I will only get these if they are in the set.

willowtreesimplicity
willowtreesimplicity

Halle is both luscious and mysterious. The fragrance stays fairly linear on my skin, but I like that comfort from this scent. There is a full bodied fig, brown sugar and amber that lasts through the entire wearing. There is also this beautiful tobacco note I smell every once in a while. I usually spray 2-3 sprays which last me 6-10 hours depending on the day. I have a few decants of this I keep in my purse and at my desk. I just noticed that I think my students have complimented me the most while wearing this one.

One of the best smells i've ever tried! <3

One of the best smells i've ever tried! <3

caliking
caliking

ITS LIKE BUTTA :)

I CANT BELIEVE THERES INCENSE IN THIS, NO WAY, IF THERE IS I DONT SMELL IT.

IT SMELLS LIKE AN APRICOT, CREAM, RUM.

IF THIS PERFUME WERE AN OUTFIT IT WOULD BE A GOLD NIGHTIE :)

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I really enjoy this scent. There is something very sexy about this fragrance. It's woody and sweet at the same time and lasts all day!!

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

For a "Celebrity" perfume this is absolutely gorgeous - must admit to being a bit of a "snob" about French/Italian perfumes and would normally not even have given it a try but my friend smelled so beautiful and upon asking told me it was "Halle" so thought I would give it a try and so pleased that I did. It is very warm, fruity and just delicious - I can't stop sniffing my wrist. It's one that my husband can actually smell (unlike some of my more costly purchases)and likes - can see myself getting this again. Bought it early afternoon and it's now after 9pm and I can still smell it (my shirt smells yummy too). Give it a try - don't always have to pay hundreds of dollars to smell like you have!

icekat
icekat

Alluring, sweet and delightful, HALLE BERRY is a well-done fruity floral. The sweet, almost jam like pear is yummy and delicious paired up with the sweet and chic mimosa. The fragrance is sunny, warm and tropical. This cute scent will go nicely with the vacation mood and carefree days on the beach. I think about my bright yellow tank top dress, colorful cocktails with the cute little umbrellas and sound of the waves in a distance.

The sweet candied pear is dominating the opening notes. The bergamot is only noticeable in the very beginning but the fig note, though not prominent, is noticeable in the opening as well as in the heart notes. The fig note is used quite well here. It balances the sweetness of the pear in the opening and mimosa in the heart. I love mimosa. The heart notes are definitely dominated by this sunny and romantic beauty. The dry down reveals amber and woods. Surprisingly I do not detect much musk on my skin.

It is interesting that the tropical effect is achieved by the sweetness of pear and mimosa rather than the ripe tropical fruits in this perfume. I do like this choice as many tropical fruits turn rotten on my skin. The sillage and longevity are medium. I recommend this for fruity floral lovers. It is more of a grown-up scent with much more interesting composition than a simple candy perfume.
(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

applesana
applesana

The first time i picked up this bottle i wasn't expecting to like it, but i do.I put it back on the shelf left the store then i couldn't stop thinking about it. I gotta have it.

rednut
rednut

This is a pleasant fragrance but nothing original. It has a sweetness that makes it a day rather than an evening perfume. I cannot detect any wood notes in it at all and it smells oriental floral to me. It is completely inoffensive so I would say it is a scent that anyone would be able to carry off. There is no vanilla listed but I can smell it in the drydown. Its a subtle scent but does have decent longevity. The price is excellent and I bought it for £12 including body lotion. It would make a great gift for someone just starting to explore perfume.

mandashell
mandashell

This is okay. Fruity and sweet but interesting.....? NAH! You have probably smelled it before in one variation or another. Halle has a bit of a tropical vibe with a dash of coconut and something that reminds me of cherry pipe tobacco...? o.O Unfortunately, with the limited lasting power it is missing something that would keep coming back for more. I smell no resemblance to Britney Spears Fantasy but sense a similarity to Believe, as Scentaholic mentioned, minus the mega spice. Hmm....I don't dislike it but it is nothing that I would suggest to anyone really, because it is typical and really doesn't standout. Oh well, her perfume ad is purty. ;')

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Nice and feminine fragrance. Not expensive and suitable for any age. My boyfriend seems to really love this one, so I wear it when were together :)
The sad thing is that the lasting power is not good at all...

goingblonde
goingblonde

Such a wonderful scent for an inexpensive perfume.

Smells warm and sexy,
and a little sweet)I LOve it:)
and since warm,sexy is interpretted differently to us- its lots of Amber :)

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

WOW!

I truly wasn't expecting to LOVE this! But I do. What a wonderful surprise. It's fruity, floral & warm with a beautiful blend that hugs nicely. This is a great everyday perfume, for the office, yet is still good for snuggling up to that special someone. It deserves a good whiff of appreciation from a loved one!

ReinaT
ReinaT

This is my daughters signature perfume, she loves it! Very warm and inviting. She is a junior in high school and she receives lot of compliments when she wears it. And its very inexpensive too! I purchased her the Halle Berry Orchid for Christmas, and it has a more floral scent, but its still warm like this one. Both are very nice, warm scents; the original has a decent lasting power, however Orchid leaves pretty quickly. Both liquids looks lovely in their pretty bottle. This one is better than the new Orchid, in my opinion.

Persephone gifted me this one and I really really love it!! It reminded me of Fantasy by Britney Spears. I love that one too btw!

A great partyscent. In my oipinion a little bit too sweet. Good stayingpower - several hours on my skin. The basenote is rich, deep and very feminine.For young happy women

En härlig partydoft i mitt tycke. Lite för söt för att jag ska falla för den. Djup, sexig och kvinnlig doft som sitter i många timmar på huden. En doft för den unga,spralliga tjejen/kvinnan.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I have to admit, I have a bit of a girl crush on Halle, so when I received this for Christmas I was pretty excited to try it.

On opening: a floral bouquet of pear blossoms with figgy undertones and only a hint of the clean bergamot which stops this from being too bitingly bright.

Warms down to a rich rooty, dry wood accord--almost like good quality bittersweet cocoa, and the blossoms come into full balmy bloom with a sweetness that lingers on, but for me there is a little imbalance--I would have liked to have experienced that opening sparkle all the way through. It's there but I think it's the amount of musk that overwhelms it. I'm not a huge fan of musk anyway, but I think its part of what makes this perfume so dreamy but borderline generic.

I think this still eeks into my top 10, but I would have liked to have seen a little more of her edge.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Pear. Musk. Amber. Wood. Vanilla. In that order. This scent is soft and creamy, a little dreamy, a little wood-spicey. I really like it. It is a great scent for every day. It won't offend anyone at work or on public transportation...But with that said, I do wish it were just a tad bit stronger. It is very light on me. Keep sniffing my wrist to make sure it is still there...and it is! I purchased the rollerball (love 'em) at CVS today and now I wish I bought the bottle instead because I think it may be stronger. You can also wear this from day into night. It is very versatile and could be sexy up close. Love.

Dandc80
Dandc80

Does anyone else think this smells a lot like chocolate?

thejessob
thejessob

To me I don't smell any of the fruit. Just the warm woodsy amber and incense. very thick heavy smell. like it a lot!

Vamy69
Vamy69

I love this scent. I just wish it was stronger and lasted longer. It reminds me of sipping a drink on the beach. So warm and delicious. One of my favorites for sure.

piluna
piluna

This smells very sweet and special. Something in it reminds me of very over- ripe fruit in the first spray, but not in a bad way. It dries down to a very soft and sweet. I like it and will wear it.

diabolicalsister
diabolicalsister

This was a blind purchase for me. I found a 1.7oz bottle on sale for $12 bucks and snatched it up, knowing not one note of this one. "Hey, Halle Berry's hot- let's see what she smells like", I jokingly said to a friend with me. I wasn't expecting much from this celeb-scent in a very cheap-looking bottle. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. It's great!

The first words to fall from my friend's lips were, "margaritas on the beach", which is a perfect picture of 'Halle'. Before seeing the flower notes listed here, I would have guessed them aquatic. It must be the Hibiscus that I subconsciously associate with the beach/ocean. I think of pears & figs as fall fruits, but here it's also quite summery. Just the right amount of incense in here gives it an exotic and sexy feel. The amber & musk is playing a trick on my nose; behind the foreground of fruits with hibiscus, I think I'm smelling SALT; salty air & salted rim of a margarita glass! How funny!

I picture myself pairing this with a gauzy linen dress at a night barbecue on the beach this summer. But in the right setting, on the right woman, this could pass as a fall/ winter scent. The cold weather now is making me imagine it as spiced, brandied pear at moments.

For a cheap celeb-scent this one has pretty good sillage and durability (5-6 hrs). It's sexy, warming, playful, amusing, and It's actually UNIQUE! I can think of nothing to compare this to. Try it!

DiamondDeen
DiamondDeen

I love this how suprising this perfume is,I just happen to randomly spray this at a department store and was shocked (in a good way)with warm,creamy sent that glows with amber.I cant stop spraying this.Just wish it had more staying power.LOVE IT!

lovelylady
lovelylady

Smells Incredible. It sweet but it has that spicy kick to it that is not overbearing but just enough to be noticable. I get a lot of compliments on the fragrance. The scent is sexy and sophisticated yet its aproachable enough to wear every day. Another good thing about it is that it lasts all day long.

Tala
Tala

to me it smells a little like Covet by SJP only better. All the faults I found in Covet seems to have been corrected in Halle. Very nice, clean powdery, spicy, and sweet. Perfect for day or night. On me the lasting power is pretty good. I can smell it on me even the next day. Love the packaging. The square bottle is strong, yet humble and small. Perfect to through it in your purse. The price is a bit high for a drugstore perfume. The Christmas gift packs are the best way to go.

jillian_stl
jillian_stl

I love this one, it has excellent sillage compared to Halle's Orchid. I was sitting in class one day and I was thinking to myself, man someone smells really good...what is that??? Omg...I finally figured out that I was smelling myself the entire time!! Halle is masculine, sweet and sexy IMO. The amber, pear and musk really stand out in this one. I would definitely repurchase.

seatonica
seatonica

i really wanted to like this one, having read such favourable reviews. sad to say i got nothing more than a sickly and synthetic smelling fruit cocktail when i tested it today :( it may improve on acquaintance as others here suggest.

adele l
adele l

This is almost a vanilla gourmand due to the fruit notes(fig, pear)- the wood is not at all prominent. That said, the vanilla is not too strong nor the fruit too sweet...it's very soft and pretty. One spritz from the tester is still sticking to my skin 9 hours later which is impressive given my skin eats perfume- not strong but definitely has lasting power! I think those who like fruity gourmands should give this a try, it's certainly more affordable than most.

dewibluebell
dewibluebell

I really like this, only well into its drydown. I certainly don't get the depth that some people have described. Mostly, I smell amber and musk, maybe fig. I like to layer this with something like Obsession, or a basic masculine smell. This is a very sweet, smooth scent.

I had heard so much about this fragrance prior to testing it, and I must say that I expected it to be less sweet and perhaps more floral. For some reason I thought it might be similar to Dior's Dune.

Halle, although nice, is my least favourite from her releases. I don't follow her as an actress, however I admire her intelligence and talent. I never mock celebrity scents, as being an actress myself, if I reached celebrity stardom then I wouldn't hestitate to release a fragrance myself.

Like I mentioned before, it's a little sweeter than I would have liked. I wanted beachy but Halle gave me syrupy pear, exotic flowers and sugary vanilla, which smelt more like a juicy dessert more than anything.

The fruity pear, bergamot and fig tend to overshadow the florals in this composition, with a strange warmth and with a touch of spice. It smells like a far distant cousin of Just Me by Paris Hilton, just that little bit peppery. What bothers me is that sweet shampoo like note that comes and goes.

Towards the drydown, Halle becomes increasingly musky, which is either a turn on or a turn off depending on the person. Personally, I don't feel as if the musk blends too well with the other notes.

On a happier note, Halle has good sillage and excellent lasting strength, lasting days on clothes and at least a whole day on the skin. At least that's one thumbs up from me.

All in all, it's not bad, but it's not as impressive as everyone makes it out to be in my humble opinion.

omg! its like my newest fav. Absolutly UHHHmazing, for me if its not strong its cheap and watered down, but halle is very strong! got a couple coments and mi boyfriend loved it!!! so i definately recommend trying it everyone who hasn't, its perfect for every age!:))i love it :D

dianthus
dianthus

Vanilla and elegant cherry scented tobbacco (like those used by grandfathers in a pipe)...this is what Halle becoming on me. Very comforting and not overwhelming like many warm fragrances.

guest_alittleeccentric
guest_alittleeccentric

Oh, this is just soo yummy...First, it reminded me of my fave Avon fragrance, Today Tomorrow Always Gold, but Halle is spicier and deliciously sweeter. I'm not too gone on sweet fragrances, but Halle is still well within my range of tolerance. It is a comforting kind of warmly sweet, not the cheap sickening type. I can smell the fresh figs in it, and perhaps a hint of chocolate too. It's gourmand but perfectly wearable, I'd say, I can see it on women from early twenties until early fifties...? I totally agree with the 40-year-old lady who says that finally she found her signature scent in Halle. Hmm, I think Halle Berry knew what she was mixing up for us being a forty-something herself. Will get a small bottle as soon as I'm half-finished with Avon Gold. :-)

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

The more I wear Halle, the more I love it. It's a nice golden amber scent. Not just more vanilla, it has a nice blend of subtle scents. It seems like the thing for late August and into Fall.
It's not deadly strong and could be worn almost any time.
It doesn't last a long time but it's not an expensive one either.

yvashche
yvashche

I never expected to like this. Smelled it once at the grocery store and then got a small bottle for Christmas. Ever since then, I have sprayed it on my sheets and every time my husband walks into the bedroom, he asks me what that wonderful smell is. He says its like a good cigar.

wallflower
wallflower

in spite of the many bad reviews that say that this perfume smells cheap and nondescript, i must say that i quite like it to the point that i might intvest in a small bottle.
to me this is not a daytime summer or beach frag, a bit too sweet and intense for that. for summer nights though, i would love to wear it coz it's somewhat exotic as well as sexy and seductive.
i totally see it as fall and winter daytime appropriate at the same time.
this kind of versatility is another good point.
the composition celebrates fig and mimosa, which plays a huge part in why i love it so much. i believe the main inspirations were the masterpieces of L'artisan: Mimosa pour Moi for the mimosa and Premier Figuier for the fig, maybe Miss Berry used these 2 for mixing her own scent before creating this. the notes mingle with woods, musk and amber and the result is a warm, creamy and deep smell. definitely nicely made, especially for a celebrity perfume!

guest_Jules
guest_Jules

When I smelled Halle perfume it reminded me of a girl I just went out dancing with in Vegas....funny the scent stood out like that. I'm going to get me some. I don't even wear perfume ordinarily because it tends to give me headaches. Will let you know the results.

badusername
badusername

I happen to know that Halle Berry has mixed perfumes to create her own scent and that this is probably the eventual product. Well, I like it, but not because it has a 'wow' factor. In fact, it's very simple - the notes you get in the beginning are the notes that stay with you the entire time.

However, those familiar with the scents of Yves Rocher, will easily pick out 'Neonatura' and 'Green summer'. One small spray of Neonatura, two heft sprays of 'Green summer' and you almost have this exact perfume. This is the only reason why I bought this - this way I save some of my LE Green Summer.

MimilovesBritney
MimilovesBritney

I got a sample off a friend for this perfume, and I absolutely love it, my sample has all gone:) For some reason, every time I spray it, I get a sense of pineapples, quite a tropical and fruity smell, which I find quite appealing no matter how much I dont really like pineapples. I cant wait to buy a big bottleof this, and I think its actually quite teenage friendly, quite summery...:) x

fragrancestien
fragrancestien

reminds me of when i was pregnant and every one was like rub PALMERS brand coco butter lotion on so you dont get stretch marks & to me this is what halle smells like nothing more nothing less it's almost nauseating 2 me i so anticipated this because i luv halle as an actress etc...but this to me of all the celebrity fragrances is the most rediculous aside from fairydust -by hilton-and all of celine dions line.im not just anti-celebrity scent either some of them are really good but remember they did not make them they just wanted to burrow there face & fame so we would give em a try i can't wait to smell jen aniston's and kim kardashians new one's has anybody??????

Casi
Casi

Normally, I don't write a review for a fragrance unless I like it or love it. However, I feel compelled to give my opinion of Halle Berry's first fragrance. As another reviewer mentioned, Halle has no "wow" factor. This is one of the most watered-down, bland, unmemorable perfumes that I have ever tried! It doesn't smell bad...In fact, it really doesn't have much of a scent at all. Upon testing, I detected a cheap-smelling, very faint pear and musk. I could hardly smell it and after about ten minutes, it had completely evaporated. The notes for Halle read like a pleasant, wearable fragrance. The advert campaign for Halle sounded promising, as Halle Berry claims that she created something that would wear, using some of her favorite notes. It is unfortunate that this "perfume" fails to translate into anything more than lightly-scented tap water, at best.

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

Cozy, simplistic, comforting florals with a creamy, woody edge.

'Halle' is one of those casual "wear anytime, anywhere" fragrances that can easily be worn in any occasion.

But having said that, 'Halle' is NOT very unique smelling, nor is it original. Its scent is very easy to forget, not very memorable, and unremarkable.

A pleasant fragrance for those with minimal expectations.

nichick390
nichick390

I got htis in the giftset last year for chirstmas it smells like miami glow alittle.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Look, I know it smells a bit cheap but it's very pleasant! Saying that, I didn't go so far as to spray it on me!!

guest_ode
guest_ode

I got Halle in a gift set for my birthday and at first I did not know what to make of it. However I eventually caught the scent of chocolate and some slight woody undertone. The scent reminds me of being brownskinned,fragile, beached.... you know just like its advertisement.

The scent never becomes overpowering and is a good daily perfume. I also appreciate Halle's use of natural ingredients in the body lotion. Way to go Halle!

nyoka
nyoka

Ismelled a tester of this at walmart.finished my shoping and went to my car but,whoa.i had to go back and purchase it.I love the amber dry down,as i love all amber but,it doesnt last long on me.not too strong.Iwould likt it better if it were stronger.Good price and item for walmart.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

On me it's just musk, a very very strong musk, if it was more mellow and I could actually pick up any of the opening notes I might have liked it.

soniamcalear

This is a very nice scent. It smells like a fresh medicine cabinet to me-weird huh? Its gorgeous to me though but not one of my signature scents though.

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Wow!was surprised by this one!beach sensuality my man on me type of frag!evoque sensuality quieteness and sweet but spicy just a little smell.love it.

Mochagirl
Mochagirl

This is exactly the same as Extraordinary from Avon!

danimcneil
danimcneil

Most of my teenage years, I lived in the really hot state of arizona. The heat didnt bother back then, and i would lay out tanning for hours until my skin was a really dark copper/brown. Almost the color of Halle's! My point of this little bit is that this scent reminds me of that smell... hot, baked, tanned skin with tanning oil and a sweet breeze. I am suprised that nothing like "hot sand accord" is in here because the smell if Halle literally makes you feel warm. I really enjoy this scent! And it so cheap to buy! When Halle very first came out i bought the very smallest bottle and thought NASTY! I gave it away immediately. I dont think I gave myself the time to experience it and give it a real shot. I smelled it on someone and just had to know what it was, and it was Halle. So I went back to Walmart and bought the medium sized bottle, and reallt love its deep sweetness. It last forever and is strong as well. I think this is a great summer/beachy scent as well as a warm-me-up winter and fall scent :)

guest_nico
guest_nico

my friend just bought it . she was so excited and wanted me to buy some. i smelled hers. The smell was okay just didnt do it for me. too sweet and hard to smell.

distortech
distortech

I'm hooked. This is gorgeous. Very well made with a wonderful drydown. I think this is one that grows on you. On me I get a very distinctive development, which is very long lasting and the base is just fantastic. Great on a guy too. LOVE IT.

evamoon
evamoon

Only one word: boring. And it doesn´t last more than 5 minutes. For me disappointment.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I can totally understand the bad reviews for this fragrance.I didn't care for it much when I had this but I was determined to wear it.It was not a strong fragrance and seemed perfect for my casual lifestyle.I quickly finished a 50ml of this and I didn't think I would ever want to get this again.But, then I began to miss it that nice warm fragrance and the delightful mix of fig and mimosa.Well, I just ordered another bottle of this I think I may be hooked on this.

guest_alik
guest_alik

This perfume starts off with nail polish remover and a lot of sweetness,very unpleasant. It does smell very cheap.

guest_Dottie
guest_Dottie

Its the first time in a long time that I have come across a perfume that I immediately liked. All those people who has so much negative things to say - sorry for you!! They should realise that not all perfumes smell the same on everyone. If it doesn't work for you, try something else. You will eventually find something you like. I am 40 years old and only now found something that I really like and all my friends and family agrees that this specific one is perfect for me. Congrats Halle, you have a winner here!!

I smelt this at the drug store yesterday and i cant stop thinking about it at first i was like wowa a little too much for me but at about the 20min mark it started to calm down and was the most wonderful scent ive ever smelt! and lasted all day!

guest_Kay
guest_Kay

An age range for this perfume would be?? Im 22 (I like it)

guest_mimi
guest_mimi

Annoying, sickly sweet,artificial and cheap smelling.

soniamcalear

To me this scent took on a medicine cabinet type of smell at first. Its weird at first. I like it but im not sure I would ware it on a regular basis. I got this for my mother in law for her birthday and I don't smell it on her ever-she's a Fendi person-what can I say.

Panda_bear
Panda_bear

The fragrance has sth of Halle's charm, but it lacks her style.
It's a sweet, sweet pear, very warm and cozy (I don't smell any incense).
Maybe not so special and unique, but it really stands out comparing to other celebrities' fragrances.

guest_tina
guest_tina

I'm surprised by the number of positive reviews. In my opinion Halle is too sweet(in a sugary way) and artificial. Reminds me of some cheap body spray a teen would bath in. Way too strong and can be overwhelming for people around.On the positive note it has good lasting power.

guest_snobunny
guest_snobunny

i just love the smell... my man likes for me to put it on after i shower so he can smell me all night.....it drived him crazy..

Solvita
Solvita

it is fruity,oriental,warm,great for a cold winter

liwe
liwe

Great. I just smell it, my friend bought for present for same girl friend and i put some on me and i will go, now after work to bay for me. Long time I didn't smelt something so deep sweet but with strong finish, and so velvet. for now perfect one

sofiii
sofiii

Halle starts with really fresh and sweet fruity scent, the pear is quite nice in this one(not overly sugar-coated) however, I still smell a hint of something artificial and it bothers me a lot.

After a while it goes funny,like nice orange-and-pineapple-flavored softdrink plus a huge doze of creamy milk. I personally don't like the combination, but it's still okey at this point.

The weird happens after about half an hour. What I can smell is fruity-creamy-incense. It's kinda thick(but not cloying), rich and made me feel laidback at first, but after a few second, I just felt sick.

Somehow,to me the drydown of Halle smells like a richer and luxry verion of Johnson's Dreamy Skin body lotion.

So...it can be a OK scent for some, but I wouldn't buy it.

Princess
Princess

Yum! spicy, sweet and oriental! But with a twist, I also smell fruit. I've had my eye on this for a while because the notes sounded amazing and they truly was. Its very grown up and lasts long. Beautiful bottle too - who match the perfume. Warm :)

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

The fragrance shares many characteristics with other fruity gourmand celebrity perfumes, which is why this seems to lack originality and character.
Not memorable or iconic enough either.
Doesn't last very long.

voodoovixen
voodoovixen

Well what can I say..I love it..this is such a great scent ..I have yet to see if my man likes it as much as I do. The price is great and I also thought there was some vanilla in it but there isn't according to the what I have researched. This could very well be the scent I wear all the time.

Michele716
Michele716

I was really excited to try this and luckily CVS had a purse size for $3 because it just doesn't work for me,too sweet and fruity. On me it smells like plum and powder. I gave it a second chance and still feel the same way.

hopejones
hopejones

I just smelled this one at the dept store. Something about it reminds me of Obsession. Halle's a nice fragrance. It seems kinda of summery but because of the amber drydown, I'm going to wear this one into fall, too.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I've only been able to sniff on a tester strip but I'm pretty sure I'm hooked...very soft sweet plum-like scent which must be due to the fig. When compared to a few others, this one pulled me in, grabbed my attention and wouldn't let go. Will have to buy a bottle to see if the love affair is real.
Update: Yep, this frag is divine. I'm not usually a sweet fan, but the fig combined with the soft pear is done to perfection and keeps me coming back to sniff again and again.
Its a definate winter scent with the right touch of warm spiciness. The bottom could use just a little more inscense and this would be an all time classic but as is, it is an impressive offering.

guest_Ingridestonia
guest_Ingridestonia

Hi!Im writing from estonia.. I saw the perfume a few days ago at the mall...and I knew i had to have it and now I own it... And I must say i am surprised, cause It's nothing like i would usually wear...But there was smth that engaged me right away...and i connected with the scent...peachy, sensual, earthy...warmth..

sky76sky
sky76sky

Well, I am certainly suprised by Halle! It isn't a scent I link to her image, but, as celeb scents go, it's worth a sniff.

The overall impression is of an extremely rich, sweet & fruity fragrance, spiced with amber. It has a loud yet mid-level sweetness that gives the scent-impression of honey, fig & pear liberally laced with cinnamon & pepper, being warmed gently on the stove to create a spicey fruit compote.

The flowers are a touch over-shadowed by the warm fruits & the amber glow, but this is no bad thing.

Without the spices this fragrance would be too sweet for me to bear & I was hoping for a bit more depth & darkness from the incense. IMO it lacks this earthy depth which could transform it into a truly unique & classy scent.

That said, it remains on my skin for many hours offering a fun, sweet fruity figgy glow that lifts the mood. I keep going back to breathe it in....not bad at all!

mwater1
mwater1

I admit it...I have a crush on Halle perfume. When it came out during the summer, I thought it was 'okay, nothing special'. I tried it again this morning because I found myself craving something spicy and sweet. All I can say is WOW. For the fall, Halle is the perfect fragrance.

The opening combines the light fragrance of pear with the intoxicating aroma of fig. As the fragrance transforms, I detect the mimose and hibiscus that lends a depth to the fragrance. There is also a distinct spiciness to the fragrance within the midnotes that I don't see listed. On the drydown, all that wonderfulness combines with the sexiness of the amber, incense, and sandalwood. What I find the greatest about this is the cashmere musk--it gives an almost carmel/vanilla accent. I smell yummy and have received numerous compliments today. I would definitely classify this as an oriental or even a gourmand because there is something so edible about this fragrance. I am so loving it.

nidus
nidus

I ordered this bottle unsmelled, I expected it to be exactly as it is. Very pleasant, feminine fragrance with moderate staying power, I love the pear in it, very significant. It is just perfect for autumn when you need something warm and sweet around you but not yet the heavy winter "aces".

tangledvines
tangledvines

This is my favorite perfume at the moment. It smells sexy and I adore it. It sort of reminds me of Hillary Duff's With Love perfume, yet this has a special twist. Love it!

Amarilla
Amarilla

I expected something very much different from Halle Berry. I was prepared for something silky, soft smelling fragrance. But this stuff is just rock n roll !!! I like it's bubbly attitude.
I wore it yesterday night and today morning I can still smell the sweet, sexy base notes; very powerfull.
On the whole I'd give 3,5 stars from 5 cause -as snobuni77 said:
"Just like Halle its Cute, Sexy & beautiful but it isn't as Sophisticated as her."

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

I don't know what it is about this perfume but i really like it...i almost bought it...i keep thinking about it..like i have a crush or something...maybe it's because i am finding myself drawn to spicier sexier fragrances lately...it reminds me of a favorite and unusual musk oil that i only use to find in a specialty shop from Paris (i have never been to Paris but i ended up with a sample)it is sweet musky and a bit spicy it is unusual not what i had envisioned from Halle i always saw her as more floral sophisticated...this fragrance makes me want to say delish!...i can see though where it wouldn't be for every one.

liongigi
liongigi

Got it at CVS, wanted the body lotion also, the lotion I wear to work and got great complements from my co-workers. Love it just different , dark scent could be worn nite or day

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

I love it. I haven't bought it yet. Tried it at JC Penney's. Very sexy, and sensual. Has a nice spicy tone to it.

Aphrobaby
Aphrobaby

I was very curious about this one when it finally came out. I gues since she was the only famous big time celebrity who hadn't come up with a fragrance yet. I have to admit that once i tested it and smelled it for the first time (at the drugstore) it was a huge disappointment. It totally turned me off. There is something in it that makes me want to say gross. It might totally be just me, and I wish I could pin point what it is that makes me dislike this one so much but I can't. Overall I think the problem is it's too sweet and doesn't balance that sweetnes out with anything. I guess the ingredients just don't go very well together to create a nice harmonious scent. That's my opinion anyway. I have noticed a lot of people actually like it. I love sweet floral scents and this one wasn't even close to what I was hoping for, probably cause it's a woody oriental, hmmm go figure.

Malibu

The top notes are a bit too sweet, it borders on sickly on me. I love fig notes in other fragrances, but combined with pear? I can put up with it, but I’m not a huge fan.
However, it’s the overpowering floral notes that put me of HALLE. I couldn’t separate any of the individual notes; they all smacked me in the face at once. Sweetness + heavy florals = migraine.
It was a shame, as I love the creamy base notes; at last I capture the sensuality I was promised. Unfortunately it was too little too late for me.

renneyg007
renneyg007

Tested this today.......very sweet, powdery, woody, smokey and heavy on the incense, not at all what i was expecting. No compliments here i'm afraid as i don't want to smell of sweet, smokey wood. It has great staying power, unfortunately. Sorry Halle

Interesting, I gave my bottle to my co-worker because I was bowled over by the strong amber scent when I wore it myself. On her it smells completely different, warm and sweet with no hint of amber and she loves it, so I guess it worked out well after all!

guest_toya
guest_toya

my husband bought this for me for mothers day and I havr to say it really smells like cocoa butter and musk. its cool and I love halle, but i was disappointed.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I got this today and I like it but in my opinion it smells alot like Betsey Johnson. It doesn't seem to linger though,I put 5 sprays on and I can barely smell it.I bought the 1 oz because that is all Wal Mart had well they had the .5 oz but that is way too small so I got this one.I wanted the 1.7 oz but alot of stores in my area are SOLD OUT! Wow,I didn't know Halle had so many fans but that is good for her though! But over all it is a very nice scent but I wish it was stronger and not so light.

iMaverick
iMaverick

This is not your typical drugstore variety scent. Amazingly gentle, and generally fig notes can really be irritatingly strong, but it is ingeniously kept in check. As it progresses, the scent does not deepen to a sickeningly sweet base like many perfumes out there, but actually leaves a sensual yet clean woody trail.

Funny how I didn't really care for it at first, I guess I don't really like what it smells like on a tester strip, but on skin, it develops to something warm and seductive without being overwhelming.

If Halle was truly instrumental in the development of this scent, then kudos to her for putting her name to a tasteful perfume!

I have to say, I'm really disappointed by this. I bought it and loved the smell of the tester- the fig & mimosa & pear have a nice, distinctive deep sweetness, but after wearing it for a bit, the only thing I can smell is the amber, which I hate! Maybe it's just my body chemistry, but it ends up smelling too mature for me (and I'm not a teenager, I'm 29!). Also, I like the bottle except for the plastic gold-y coloured "necklace" around the sprayer, which looks kind of tacky.

guest_Barbara Coombs
guest_Barbara Coombs

Hi there! I went to Walmarts last fri
and p/u her perfume. Only thing is, it
doesn't stay on long. I usually get
complements about what I am wearing(perfume) but not this one... I paid 16.99 plus tx. So... what's up with that????? don't get me wrong I like me
Halle but, I can't keep spraying every
two or three hours..

I saw the fragrance at Kohl's while shopping one day and decided that I would get it the next time I shopped there. Low and behold it was gone. I really love the smell and was disappointed that it was not available. So I went into J.C. Penney and I found it there (the only two left) so I purchased the gift set a better deal than at Kohl's and it also came with a beautiful purse. So it was worth the wait. It's a must have!! Thanks Halle.
You did it again. You go girl!!
Judy

snobuni77
snobuni77

I sprayed this on my hand today & even after Tanning,sweating & covering myself with tanning lotion I can still smell it.

I definitely get pear from this & lots of it.This Pear is a bit different then Im use to though....perhaps its the Fig I get with it?The Mimose, Amber & Cashmere musk make it a bit more then a floral fruity but then Woodsy to me.The incense helps the woodsy stand up but it is so light its almost not there.
I don't think its a bad scent at all & I do get sexiness from it.Just like Halle its Cute, Sexy & beautiful but it isn't as Sophisticated as her

ReneeA
ReneeA

I smelt this in a magazine and I love it. It smells so good. I kept turning the page back to smell it again. Some things don't have to be outrageously expensive to be of good quality. I can't wait to get it. It reminds me of the tropics. I smelt amber, and orange. I think this is a good first cologne. Go Halle......everything dosen't have to be pacakage in a expensive bottle. Thanks for the scent it's AWESOME

Kasku

I coulnd't sleep cause I wanted it so bad :) so today I purchased it...and smells so amazing! Summer's coming people, summer's coming! :) Very happy and sexy fragrance. It has a great staying power.

Kasku

WOW. I just smelled it in the store and still have this awesome scent in my nose. It's very warm and sexy. It's sweet, but subtle sweet. It's one of those fragrances that can transform into whatever woman wants. A woman is the one who puts the definition, and the last touch on it. I love it, and will get it :)

stormie
stormie

I have smelled this many times as I work in a drugstore and the fragrnce was recently recieved. The other girls in the store really like it. I want to like it and have been back to the tester many times to have another sniff but it just doesn't apeal to me...there is something in it that smells medicinal.

leolady910
leolady910

The Kohl's near my house gave a $5 off coupon for Halle's fragrance, so I purchased a small bottle and wore it yesterday. I really like it.

The predominant note on me was the amber, which made this scent seem sophisticated. In contrast there are also sweeter floral notes which make this a very pleasant perfume, especially if you are looking for something in the less than $20-$30 price range.

If perfumes are like music...sometimes I am not in the mood for a full blown symphony (like the ones played by Caron or Guerlain...). Sometimes you just want to hear a little pop on the radio.

sfsassy
sfsassy

I smelled it at Kohls the other day and I really liked it. I went in with NO expectations so it was a nice surprise. It was a nice basic vanilla type scent. I give it a 6 out of 10.

ramiske
ramiske

I recently smelled this at a dept store. Unfortunately, I put it back on the shelf and can't think of anything memorable about it. Wasn't horrible, but no 'wow' factor for sure.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Halle Berry Halle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Halle Berry Halle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Halle by Halle Berry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Halle by Halle Berry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.