Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Halle Pure Orchid Halle Berry for women

Halle Pure Orchid Halle Berry for women
dislike

Halle Pure Orchid Halle Berry for women Pictures Halle Pure Orchid Halle Berry for women Pictures Halle Pure Orchid Halle Berry for women Pictures

Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry is a floral fragrance for women. Halle Pure Orchid is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2010. The noses behind this fragrance are Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Christophe Raynaud. Top notes are amalfi lemon, papaya and cactus; middle notes are star anise, orchid and blackberry; base notes are patchouli, tonka bean and sequoia.

Amalfi Lemon Papaya Cactus

S.T. Dupont Intense Pour Femme

Halle Pure Orchid Fragrance Reviews

Veynus
Veynus

Love this one. Reminds me of like M by Mariah Carey except it excludes all the thick salty smokey notes I disliked in M. It is lighter and sweeter in all the right places!

AmyX
AmyX

To me, this scent is orchid and vanilla. Creamy, loving, forgiving. It's not going to jump you in a dark alley, it's the one sitting on the couch waiting for you to come home. I like to wear it on days when I need something nice but unobtrusive. Elegant and inoffensive like the lady herself. A definite office-friendly scent.

Justpeachy007
Justpeachy007

Does anyone else smell a bit of YSL Black Opium in this one?..... Or is it only me and wishful thinking?

Music_luver77
Music_luver77

I got this scent in a Halle Berry 4-pack mini fragrance pack near Christmas. I like it, though as many celebrity scents, the longevity is not great. I mostly get a light floral scent, with a hint of citrus. I like wearing it when I am not sure what to wear. Inoffensive and likely a safe gift to give.

Ayper
Ayper

Bought it on a whim at the drugstore (for like $14) a couple years ago, and wasn't disappointed. I keep this around for days when I'm not sure what I feel like wearing, since it's inoffensive and easy to wear. Something decent for work, since it does last quite well on me without being overpowering, despite the fact that my skin doesn't hold fragrance well.

Krissylovesjesus
Krissylovesjesus

Halle Berry pure orchid edp,I got a great deal 3.4oz at ross $14.99,also I love fragrancenet.com

ia_ramos
ia_ramos

I don't know how this can be called an edp- some of my BBW body sprays have stronger impact and longevity than this. I'm not really upset as I got a big 3.4 oz for literally $4.99 at Ross. Too bad it is so light as the scent is perfectly nice. Perhaps if your skin projects better than mine you will have better luck. It's really a rather lovely if not groundbreaking scent.

angelfishie
angelfishie

Halle Berry Pure Orchid is a fragrance that makes my heart happy.

I bought it spontaneously at a drugstore one day after getting my mom to smell the tester, too. It's sweet, light, juicy, a tiny bit warm. The bottle is perfectly reflective of the scent - an ethereal, watery light purple. (Side note - buy the small bottle; it's much prettier! The 3.4 oz lacks the rippling detail on the neck and glass.)

It's very orchid to me throughout - starts more flowery, then becomes more blackberry. The tonka gives it a vanilla-like gourmand warmth. My favorite note is the cactus - if you've ever broken a piece of cactus in half and smelled the juice that runs out, like my curious brother and I did as children, you'll find it, wet and green and mellow (just wear gloves... I didn't and regretted it for a week!) A gentle touch of patchouli for anchoring, and of course it's sweet, sweet, sweet.

And sometimes, sweet is just right. Pure Orchid will always be my scent of forgiveness, reconciling, love and new beginnings. It was late spring when my then-boyfriend and I hadn't been together for quite a year, when we had a horrible, horrible fight. We almost missed my oldest friend's wedding. But we made it through, and I remember sitting in the wooden pew next to him, our fingers tentatively entwined, me in a long navy dress and my mom's soft pink cardigan, a jeweled bracelet dancing on my wrist, him in his starched shirt and silken suit, and the scent of Pure Orchid, sweet and comforting in the resinous, resonant air of the church.

Three years later, a bottle of Pure Orchid retains a place of honor on the bathroom counter in our apartment. In amusing contrast to others, I find myself reaching for Pure Orchid more often than any of my other scents. It lasts a good 6 hours on me - 10+ on my clothes. And for me it's safe and happy, a touch exotic but still warm and familiar, and always reminiscent of healing love. A wedding scent indeed... or on Christmas morning with family... or for visiting your grandma... or for just curling up on the couch and snuggling in with your love.

lillypad33
lillypad33

Wow, the description of notes on this one is so intriguing, but the fragrance itself is just generically sweet, with a bit of patchouli. To me I don't perceive this as floral at all, more gourmand. Think Pink Sugar. Unremarkable, not unique. Good if you like sweet stuff, and definitely obtainable for not much dough. Agree with previous reviewer, this one is the last I reach for, in fact I forgot it was even there! Just noticed today and was like why is this taking up valuable bathroom real estate? Out it goes. Fragrance: D

Fragrance_Lily
Fragrance_Lily

This is the last perfume in my entire collection that I reach for (out of 53 bottles). It is not the most exciting out of the bunch. I even often forget what it smells like because it is not eventful. It does not last long at all either.

spritzedsilly2
spritzedsilly2

The main note I smell is blackberries. Love it. Very nice. Not a heavy hitter though. I wish it was ! Not very long lasting either. :(

I'm genuinely shocked to see patchouli as an ingredient though. I smell none. Not a hint.

It's not perfect , but it's pretty. Worth the little bit it costs.

MeanSuga
MeanSuga

Purchased 'on the cheap', Walgreens, half price after Christmas. $2.50 for 11 ml.
I do love Orchid, but this is weak on the orchid, and on the patchouli, and on the berries, and well, on everything.
The faintest whiff of any of the listed notes.
Was that patchouli? Wait a second.. *Poof* gone.
A little more than water, way less than a body spray.
Good for linens, curtains, hair, children playing dress up.
I have read similar not so good reviews on the longevity, and some very nice and good reviews.
I wish my review and experience was more of the latter.

angelleew
angelleew

Wow, I am wondering if I am wearing the same perfume that everyone is reviewing...I have read through a number of reviews and it seems similar, but not.

So here goes-- after the initial spray, I get fruity floral. There's some kind of berry and fruit mixture floating around on a warm balsamic-vanilla breeze. After the berries/fruit wander off, abut half an hour into the scent, the spicy anise and orchid saunter in. They hang out, for about two hours or so. Then, the balsamic chocolate/tonka bean arrive. For some reason, on me, tonka bean is not freshly mown hay with almond facets. It is chocolate and balsam.

My son [who's six] loves my "candy" scents. He can also smell the chocolate or tonka bean in all of them, and he smells the chocolate in this one immediately. So after 3 to 4 hours, this becomes a soft skin scent, that is sweet, lightly floral, but rich balsam and chocolate. This is two squirts on the wrists, which get dabbed on inner elbow and behind the ear. The scent behind my ears, if I rub my arm on it and smell again, is still stronger and in the more floral phase.

I think this stays within arms reach for the initial spray, and through the heart. The dry down is skin level. This is a spicy little number, and I am trying it during the winter, I think this would be a great nighttime summer scent, and a good day scent for the colder months. I get no grape, and it's not overly sweet. It isn't overpowering. It is quickly becoming a favorite, and at that price, wow!! Why not give it a spritz?

**Update** This perfume is very temperature and body chemistry sensitive!! I can finally distinguish the amalfi lemon, which on me smells a bit aldehyde-ie. It's not terrible, but took a few days of wearing to figure out. After letting a lotion with lots of oil in it settle in [like 20 minutes after applying it], the scent takes 2 hours to get to the skin scent version of the drydown, it's really super cold today and it went through the cycle uber-fast. The scent lingers on me for around 6 hours. Yesterday it was 50 degrees Farenheit and the scent lasted longer and projected better as well. I love the spicy sweetness and scored a 3.4 oz bottle for $7.50 American!! Woo hoo for Kmart post-Christmas sale. :) Can't wait for the summer to test this out in some heat!!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Lovely orchid based scent, with a fruity undertone. But I am not suprised to find others mention it's poor longevity. It lasted on me no more than 30 min, max. I tried on a body spray the same day that lasted longer!

Bottom line:

A beautiful, affordable scent. Only buy if you are happy with body spray, because that's more or less what you're getting here.

3 stars ( 4 if it had a stronger concentration available )

Chiquis
Chiquis

Halle Pure Orchid is a beautiful fragrance but as many others mentioned the longevity is very, very poor. One big reason is the mix of alcohol/water/parfum. In most of my EDPs the ingredients are listed as alcohol, fragrance/parfum, and then aqua/water. In Pure Orchid it is listed as alcohol, aqua/water, and then parfum/fragrance. So there is less parfum mixed in comparison to other EDPs.

The scent reminds me a lot of a Bath and Body Works body spray- maybe a little bit of Moonlight Path mixed with Twilight Woods ?? It's a nice, light sweet with a dash of a unique floral. But on my skin it's gone within an hour. Too bad.

skinnieminnie
skinnieminnie

"This smells like... grape soda?"

And that's all I smelled, unfortunately. Maybe the tester was bad, but I wasn't impressed. That grapey candy-soda smell is off-putting. Very weak perfume.

Alysha
Alysha

I used to covet this scent, and spray testers on myself lots. However, I never ended up buying the actual perfume. I bought the body spray for $8 at Fred Meyer and I'm completely content with that. It's pretty floral and I don't wear it, like, ever. I like it, but not love.

callmethekhaleesi
callmethekhaleesi

To me, this scent is a perfect foil to the original Halle. Pure Orchid is cool and floral where Halle is warm and tangy. I usually wear Halle as a daytime scent, and Pure Orchid in the evening and night. It is very elegant and mature, but in my opinion would fit any age group.

ismellsogood
ismellsogood

Success ...this perfume is very good on me...very sweet , alluring and sexy...great summer perfume makes me feel happy... doesn't have great longevity but it's great on a warm day i just put some in an atomiser and spritz to keep refreshed...candy goodness with a brush of floral aroma yummy... it's so inexpensive too.

sadblossom
sadblossom

Beautiful smell. So earthy. It just doesnt last very long and is a very weak fragrance overall. Very cheap though.

odie
odie

Oh wow, this fragrance is just what she says it is, sweet, floral and fruity. The aroma is exotic and well composed. "Pure Orchid" does not need a musk and the sweetness lingers on the skin with dry down. I like it.

13/02/2014
You know what...I think this is a skin scent. Although I like it and it has some longevity after wearing it for a few days I noticed the sillage needs some work. Nevertheless, its a loving, aromatic, creative and sweet fragrance. OMG, am I getting to like celebrity fragrances?

Jerine123
Jerine123

Pretty but not long lasting at all. I sprayed it in the box that it came with wondering if it just did not last on me and within an hour could not smell a thing on me or in the box. More like a very very light body spray-not what you would expect for an edp unless you want to use the whole bottle in a week, but maybe that's the point with some of the fast fade fragrances?

Layzie
Layzie

My friend loves this perfume. It starts off with a burst of fruity sweetness that is a bit too much for me. Then it becomes a slightly sweet floral with a hint of a wood note. It's a nice and likeable scent, but it isn't anything remarkable. My friend is a sanguine young lady who loves to laugh, and Pure Orchid presents a perfect match for her pleasant personality. Whoa...alliteration.

G00D_Girl
G00D_Girl

This pairs really well with Lalique for women.

Pure Orchid smells like blackberries and tonka. I don’t find this to be a floral fragrance, as the floral notes are too subtle and only play a supporting role. This scent is very warm, fruity, and sweet. I think the sweet warmth of this makes it a good fragrance for fall, as I can imagine the sweetness being too heavy for spring or summer. I loved this as soon as I smelled it. Despite all the notes listed here, I can mainly smell the blackberries and tonka but that’s just fine. It’s simple but lovely. I wish it lasted longer on the skin.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I love the soft sensuous smell but lasts under 2hrs

LilyWhit
LilyWhit

Smells like orchids and sweetart candies to me. I really like it. I wish it was as powerful as the original Halle. That is the only draw back.

childofvenus6
childofvenus6

Here's my two cents on the Halle Berry Pure Orchid Perfume! I purchased the 1 fl. oz. Halle Berry Pure Orchid Perfume about two mos. ago. I have to say... I like this perfume! It's definitely a floral fragrance. On a scale of one to 10, have to rate this perfume a 7. Has hints, hints & hints of well... orchids! It's a day-time scent & a Spring & Summer scent, as well. I personally, wore it for work during the Spring Season for the reason, it's light, crisp, fun, & won't offend the peeps. I won't mind repurchasing this product in the near future. :)

P.S. Another thing, wish it was longer lasting, though.

goingblonde
goingblonde

In the beginning this reminds me of grape soda or kool-aid .
I dont know why .
That is the first 30 minutes or so.
Then it settles into a lovely light Orchid- actually a bit too light for me.
Wish it was stonger.
I later get a hint of the Patchouli which I also wish was a bit stronger.

But overall is a nice scent for spring & summer if you want something that is sure to be non offensive & everyday scent.

hontapocasgreen
hontapocasgreen

I remember when this was suppose to come out and I literally stalked the drugstores and Walmart until it came out. Well, I bought it and it was not quite the fruity berry sweet scent that I wanted it to be. After finally reading the notes here, I finally "get it." It doesn't have much of a lasting power and it wears very close. I get mostly berries with the base notes. While pleasant and inoffensive, I don't think I'll be repurchasing. .

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

This is such a lovely scent but what a shame it doesn't have the lasting power-such a surprise,as when you first spray it on it is so intense ! It just seems to soften down so quickly,I can still get a hint of it after 5 hours,but only a light sweetness.The first spray gives an intense orchid and fizzy fruit burst, then the tonka bean and patchouli become more prominent with a whisper of anise,but then the whole thing softens into a sweet & soft floral. I love it so much,I am not going to use it until the summer months when I may get more lasting power from it than I am now. Either that or buy a giant bottle and re-apply every few hours :-)

danimcneil

celebrity89...if u scroll down, i had reviewed the same thing! Its sooo similar to mariah m!

celebrity89
celebrity89

I can't believe it took me this long to realize what this smells like. At first I thought Mariah M. Then I realized it's mostly Britney's Fantasy. Just like everyone else's fume! I must say, it's by far the best of Halle's line. Very nice, shouldn't offend anyone.

Update: Smells the most like Cabotine Floralisme. They both came out in 2010.

i love the smell of orchids and this perfume dosen't disappoint. very much orchids and sweet berries. a little twist of cactus and patchouli makes it more interesting. i find it lasts a little over 3 hrs on me. the bottle is pretty and the price is right. i'm happy with this purchase.

Jeninslc
Jeninslc

I LOVE this perfume. It is my signature scent and I love that you can just get it at walmart. It is convienent and I wear it day and night. Love love love!

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

This fragrance really surprised me. I got it in Big Lots at an after christmas sale because I loved the origianl so much. I love this even more. I wish they both came in the 3.4 oz bottle though.

很甜的一款花香香氛,还有一点红豆的味道,很跳跃,适合年轻的女孩,但是唯一的缺点是存留的时间不是很长

elizabeth.courtney.988
elizabeth.courtney.988

This is everything I ever wanted in a perfume. It's soft, sweet, with beautiful florals. For me, it's perfect for literally any season or any time of day. The only problem is it's got minimal staying power. And when it does stay on you, the sillage is really close to the skin. I wish this lasted a little longer and projected a little better. BUT- I paid about $10 for it, if I remember correctly...so I guess you get what you pay for, huh? =/

perfumegirl29
perfumegirl29

This is mysterious! I love the smell of the orchid and blackberrys together, smells unique and yummy :)

lisalgreer
lisalgreer

Edited. I like the scent of this well enough (original Halle is much better and garners compliments for me...the scent has better lasting power), but the lasting power is terrible. It goes very light after just 45 minutes or so. I'm using this one up this August or trying to since it's not a favorite.

Shinbin

as i said in my last review was waiting for it to arrive in the post, and today i got it .
couldn't open it quick enough lol.

i love the smell i think its better than her original one. i had a good feeling about this all along.

the bottle is lovely and i love the colour too.

definitely smells like orchids to me but on the sweet side. gonna keep this bottle for september when i go on holiday. :D

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This one actually has lasting power on me. I was afraid it wouldnt after reading some of the reviews...I think this is a great casual fun tropical scent. It could go from the beach to the office to everything in between. The orchid is actually prominant on me......which I LOVE. I caught a whiff of this on myself when the wind blew and it was like heaven. This does remind me of the beach and would be excellent for a beach night perfume. However, this is definately year round. I think this scent is very FUN and super girly. I bought a second bottle of this a Walmart for $2.50.WOW! This stuff is just as good as most sweet fragrances.....if not better. The price is great.and halle makes very elegant scents.

Shinbin

waiting for this to arrive in the post, i hope its as nice as her first one.. :D cant wait to smell it

ps: bottle is pretty too. love the colour . :D

marysiac
marysiac

I really like Halle by it's name sake so I figure this one might be good too. I smelled it once in Target but I can remember the scent so I want to get it.

smagure
smagure

So sweet, lovely and feminine. It's a vacation smell, cause it makes me an exotic papaya girl the second I spray it.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I have the 1 oz of this ive had it for a while I don't use it because I said I wasn't going to purchase it again until I found the .5 oz at wal mart for $2.50 each so I bought a few and now I can wear it more often. Nothing against halle but no one can smell this when im wearing it and lasting power sucks so $2.50 is a good price compared to the $20 something I paid for the 1 oz.

Jacquis
Jacquis

I love it! I am currently using this to replace my long lost Cacharel Gloria which was discontinued. I love the softly sweet scent that is not overpowering at all. Very fresh. Some might complain about it not being long lasting but I still smelled it on my skin after 8 hrs. It lasts longer than my Gloria. Did not get a headache because it is such a soft scent. New favorite! Which is surprising because I usually go for the sophisticated European fragrances. You are saving me a lot of money,great job Halle!

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

A nice scent , but I don't see myself wearing it . I bought it in a gift set for next to nothing. I ended up giving it to my daughter. She loves it . To me it is nothing terribly special . Pretty but in my collection , a fragrance has to reach out and grab you . Lots of competition .

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Sweet and floral... kind of like vanilla and tropical flowers/tropical fruit. For me, it is mostly floral and sweet, a little like cotton candy... which I guess is the tonka bean, but tonka bean is very similar to vanilla, so... anyway, it's nice. Sweet, cute, feminine... reminds me a little bit of Princess Night by Vera Wang, except a hell of a lot cheaper. Unfortunately, the cheapness is a major strike against it, for it's totally headache inducing. :( Too bad, 'cause it's only $14 at Wal-Mart!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I like it...it's a very cute and casual scent. Does not last long but since it's inexpensive you can go ahead and reapply it without worries.

astamm62
astamm62

This my favorite in Halle's fragrance's..It's sweet but not too sweet.I layer this scent with Avon's Moon Orchid line,comes in lotion,shower gel,body mist. It smells pretty similar.

puppygirl23
puppygirl23

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT A LOT FOR A REASON THIS GOES ON SPRING DAYS I GOT WITH THE PERFUME AND THE BODY WASH SWEET

Lushylori
Lushylori

Oh Wow!! I really like this perfume.
I liked it in the bottle,On paper,spritzed in the air,On my clothes and on my skin.I really didn't think I would either :)
The main problem is the lasting power.I bought a smaller bottle but it only lasted a very short time considering how many times i had to re-mist myself.
I'd definitely buy this one again in a large bottle just to be sure it lasts longer then a week.
The sugary scent in this perfume smells almost like cotton candy to me which is fine because Cotton candy smells goooooooooood!! :D :)

downtown
downtown

I think Halle Berry has come up with one of the few celebrity scent lines that smell wonderful. When I spray this I feel like someone just dropped a bucketful of flower petals on me!

jenny2301
jenny2301

This is alright...again nothing special...my mom really likes this fragrance..its just ok

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Halle's Pure Orchid is not pure orchid on my skin at all. As a matter of fact, it can almost be called "Pure Blackberry" on me. No complaints here, however, it is a wonderful fruity fragrance that is somewhat linear and has NO staying power, poor sillage & projection. It lasts as much as a body spray on me. But that being said, this is a perfume you can buy, toss in your bag, and go to the beach without hesitation. Great in summertime or office wear as it is very fresh and cute. I think it would be a safe blind buy for blackberry lovers.

trenchlove1
trenchlove1

smells very sweet but omg where is the lasting power. gotta spray it every 20 minutes. its more of a gentle sweet rather then overbearing.not bad

icekat
icekat

This is how orchids would smell if they were edible and served on a sparkling exotic crystal bowl garnished with the sweet berries. The orchids might not be the only component but the design and composition are centered on the beauty of this exotic flower and the interpretation of its sensual side with the sweet and gourmand notes. The scent is pretty, romantic and fun. I could picture myself on a tropical island wearing this perfume to a party under the stars.

The scent is strong and sweet but not cloying or sugary vanilla sweet but rather floral berry delicious sweet. I love cactus flower in the opening with its sweet and exotic scent mixed with the lemon’s freshness and tropical notes of papaya. Blackberries are yummy in the heart notes. They add luscious and delicious feel to the heavenly beauty of orchids. The dry down is warm and creamy. The patchouli is very subdued but tonka beans are quite noticeable on my skin. The sillage is medium but lasting power is decent – at least 6 hours.

Overall score is 7/10. PURE ORCHID is a lovely gourmand floral scent, which I enjoy a lot despite its slightly synthetic notes. I find that many celebrity fragrances use orchids in the heart notes. I usually find them a bit soapy and not to my taste. PURE ORCHID is totally different. The orchids here are quite nice and well balanced by the blackberry sweetness and tonka bean. The scent is pretty, tropical and exotic. I recommend it for someone who loves berry floral scents.

Jellynifer
Jellynifer

Loved the scent from the first sniff and I still love it, but like everyone else has mentioned - It doesn't last long at all! Big disappointment

SheShe
SheShe

I like it. It reminds me a bit of Guerlain, Pivoine Magnifica. Pure Orchid is sweet (I can feel sugar note similar to this in classic Halle), the orchid here is candy-like, girly and the scent is very optimistic. Actually I'm surprised to see anise included because I don't feel any, maybe papaya and cactus-a bit, mainly sugar, orchid and thank God patchouli is in a good measure :)

The bottle looks elegant and nice.

Lasting power: better than Halle.

sweetharmony
sweetharmony

I fell in love with the scent; every single note. Smells great on my skin.

FRAGRANCE OF THE YEAR - Broad Appeal
Broad Appeal Women's:

Halle by Halle Berry Pure Orchid

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Sweet blackberries, brown sugar, rum, and gentle spice. Just as pretty as the first, but stands on its own. If you love berries, you will get it here... perhaps with a touch of Koolaid.

After testing perfume after perfume, I've come to realize that berries are some of the most difficult notes to make true on skin. It can often make a perfume smell like plastic or bubblegum. I think Halle manages to avoid that. It passes the test.

ticalica
ticalica

I didn't like the first one much

This was way better!
It had this purple-grape-vanilla sort of smell that is indeed attractive and somehow young but not too young

It lasted on my mom's coat such a long time that I was amazed!

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

This is an alright scent. It's a typical, floral perfume. Nothing special here. Halle's original perfume is much better in my opinion. Pure Orchid falls flat when compared to the warm, woody, sweet scent of Halle.

aelias
aelias

Really, really disappointed by this one because of its staying power. The scent is pretty darn good for the price, but I could hardly detect anything after half an hour. Still, a really pretty floral.

lovelylady
lovelylady

Smells sweet. If somehow starburst made an orchid version candy that is kind of what it smells like to me. Its good though. fresh smelling like flowers and candy.

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

Floral and slightly sweet! I like this! But sadly this doesn't last long. I spray it on and less than an hour later I can hardly detect it.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This is a sugary-sweet white floral on my skin, and it actually works for me! I usually have such a tough time with floral fragrances.

I don't detect any of the specific notes that are listed (most especially not the anise), but I admit I can "feel the effects" of lemon, papaya, cactus, orchid, tonka, patchouli, and sequoia.

Honestly, if I had never looked at the notes, I would have guessed there was lemon, sugar cube, and jasmine in this...and maybe a whisper of patchouli somewhere in the background.

I also get excellent longevity out of this fragrance.

ReinaT
ReinaT

Very pretty floral perfume, my daugher loves the original Halle Berry so I bought her Orchid for Christmas, which is more floral and than the original one, but it is still a warm perfume. Very inexpensive and a pretty bottle, not much lasting power though. Original Halle last much longer. Nice for a younger woman.

purrz11
purrz11

I don't know what happened here. I sprayed this on my wrist, smelled a pretty floral scent, and then it was...gone. In literally just a couple of minutes not even my friend who was with me could smell it on me. Surely it has more stamina than that. :/

Syrenna
Syrenna

Great smell, great price. Just doesn't last long enough for me. That being said, this scent so reminds me of balmy tropical nights and softly played island music. And for the price I can afford to reapply from time to time throughout the day.

jillian_stl
jillian_stl

I love this, its sweet,soft and feminine. I can definitely appreciate the orchid and tonka bean which settles so nicely on my skin but my only complaint is that it doesn't last long on my skin. Not sure if I will repurchase, but since it's so affordable I may be okay with having to refresh with it throughout the day for the low price.

nyoka
nyoka

THis says pure orchid,and,it is.It reminds me of prom night when ur date pinned ur cosage on.The corsage was always cold from the fridge and had a bitter sweet smell.All night u could bow ur head a little and smell that unique scent.Halles fume is just like that.SADly,it doesnt last as long as the prom did!

Sassy1
Sassy1

Even though the notes appear to be totally different, this smells very similar to the original Halle and could probably be defined as the younger sister.
The cactus and orchid make this version much sweeter and less mature. And I agree, the lasting power isn't great.
It's best redeeming quality is the blackberry...yum!

All in all, it's a good gift for the teenager in your life or for a short-lived sweet cheap thrill.

The color scheme is lovely though...

pia6
pia6

This is very nice. I can faintly smell the orchid throughout the day it smells a tiny bit like M by Mariah Carey but not as much patchouli as Mariah's perfume. It has a faint vanilla smell slightly warm. A little gourmand but no where near as strong as the Brittany spears perfumes. It is a mild perfume but different enough for me to be bothered wearing it and repurchasing.

arg1971
arg1971

Halle Berry orchid just turns me on this is so sweet and soft and I like the bottle so pretty have sprayed the scent on me several times. I gave a bottle of this to my mother got xmas last year she loved the scent but claims the scent does not last long. This is what has me with second thoughts about purchasing for myself. Maybe if layered with the lotion it will boost the staying power.

guest_debob
guest_debob

This is delicious!! Berries and orchids are what I smell. I also get vanilla and plums. I could be wrong about that since it's not in the notes. It's so sweet it could almost be considered a floral fruity gourmand. It's mouth watering.
I can't stop sniffing my wrist. And the bottle is so beautiful.

araaustria
araaustria

got this perfume from my mom (actually it was really hers) I thought I'm not gonna like it but when i tested it today, i love it! smell like sweet but not too much.. more feminine scent and romantic in style. more on lemon, orchid and blackberry scent..

Halle Berry's fragrances tend to stand out from the rest of the celebrity scents due to one key element; simplicity. Both of her fragrances are successful because of their likability and their basic style.

Pure Orchid is a pretty, somewhat sweet, 'purple' floral. The sweetness in this fragrance is tolerable. It is neither candied nor syrupy, just natural and subtle.

To be honest the unique notes like cactus, papaya, anise and sequoia don't feature all too prominently. There is nothing particularly ground-breaking about this fragrance. In some ways, you swear that you've smelt it before. However, with that being said, had this fragrance been too strange it may not have appealed to many.

Pretty like a princess is what I feel when I wear Pure Orchid. Both men and women alike enjoy this, and I must add that anyone of any age could wear this.

The sillage is quite intimate, however the lasting power is commendable. It has a girlish softness that really impresses me. To be honest I would not have expected such a delicate and simplistic fragrance like this to have emerged from Coty with a celebrity name stamped on it.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

This one is very pleasant just as her first fragrance was pleasant. At first I thought it might be too strong for my taste but it settles down. I can smell the blackberry very clearly. It reminds me of the wild blackberries that I pick and make pies with in the summer. It's a sweet fragrance and it's like blackberries in powdered sugar scent after you wear it awhile.
Another nice thing is that it is reasonably priced at places like K-mart.
At $17.00 I wouldn't expect it to be perfect but it's very nice.

swenada
swenada

This is my Favorite fragrance. OMG!!!! *takes another whiff of my wrist*.

So I have tested this fragrance like 3-4 times and kept loving it every time. Wonderful staying power. I finally purchased it today and can't wait to use it tomorrow. mmmmmmmmmmh!!! Great Job Halle!!!!

willowtreesimplicity
willowtreesimplicity

I consider this scent soft and playful. The top notes have a small powder texture in conjunction with a sharp sweet layer that lasts thoughout the whole wearing. I believe this scent could be a young to middle age woman. I can be sensitive to the alcohol in it while wearing this scent in high heat temperatures.

alexanna7
alexanna7

Love the orchid,blackberry, patchouli,tonka bean in it!spicy,sweet,floral with a sweet note,and spicy from the patchouli! Soft and sensual! Summery! The top notes passes verry fast, i get sometimes a bit of lemon and papaye. Nice perfume for summer!

Szonja
Szonja

Does somebody perceive similarities between Halle Pure Orchid and Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege? Because I did, especially during the drydown phase.
Anyway the top notes are lovely, for the first sniff it's a very agreeable scent for anyone, but after the playful accords disappear and a more mature base remains, I suggest it for mid-aged women.
Quite strong perfume, lasts for 4-5 hours.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

I like this one also. smell a little like Bath & body works Twilight woods.

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

Update= (Later this night...) This time I am testing it again without other fragrances to distract me. I do have to say. I was trying to avoid breathing in the mist and surrounding air while spraying. Even though I have been trying to keep my wrists away from my nose, it still got in there somehow lol. :) I even have a fan next to me sucking the air out the window, and was careful to be airing the room out as I spray.. but it still seems to get in the room and hang around. :( I don't completely hate it. But it's not my favorite and not sure if I like it.. and now I can't air it out.. so sad.

Basically I am very sad to say that this fragrance is bothering my sinuses and giving me a headache. :( I am so so sorry. Now I am testing it without other fragrances around it isn't as bad. It still smells a bit like older lady to me... or maybe on me with my chemistry. So sorry I might gift this to a friend. :( ... sighs... Oh well. ~ Those of you who are sensitive to fragrance and alergic to chemicals, spray this outside, face a breaze of fresh air until your wrists dry and then come into the house lol. This might help. Or you might find this one strong. It doesn't smell too strong. It's just something in this giving me quite a headache. :( Horrible. I still think it's rather nice, but just not my style. Hope this helps! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to like this so much... because it seems to have vanilla undertones, and because I love the color purple! :) Purple flowers are very sweet and pretty... that being said,

This is a very strange perfume. I don't know if it's the cactus, star anise, orchid, or sequoia ~ since I really don't know what these notes are supposed to smell like? Maybe too much patchouli? Something is strong and musky and makes it a bit off? :( Can't smell the berries either but that's ok.

I go back and forth between thinking it's very nice,... and being nauseated by it. I am so sorry. :( I just love Halle and think she is a sweetheart. Also I am very fair skinned and I am sure we have different chemistry and this must smell lovely on her. But I don't even know if it's that since I don't seem to like the top notes either; there is something strong & icky about it. If it was just a bit sweeter and cleaner I might like it. I don't really smell fruit or flowers. I wish I could identify the notes that I don't like that cover up (overpower/ruin) the parts I do. If I could even smell them at all?

I kind of don't even like it until it dries down... and even then only when most of it is gone so that it doesn't even resemble the fragrance and all I smell is musk and vanilla. I must not like this? I have been hoping to find a more mature fragrance I like to match my age. I seem to love young ones and they match my personality. Maybe I should just stick with what I love. :) I will stick with "My Insolence" for now. :) I have been enjoying that.

I wish I could like this fragrance. :( Not sure if I should keep trying to test it? Or donate it to a friend. So sad..

mwater1
mwater1

I, too, must stand up for Pure Orchid. Begins on a bright citrus note mixed with the sweetness of the papaya. Smells a little like grape, but that's a plus for me. The orchid is well done and not overwhelming. I was a little wary of the patchouli in the base, but the tonka bean and sequoia help make the patchouli pleasant. I like this one considerably and rate it 8 out of 10.

c3c
c3c

Well I have to stand up for this fragrance after reading the other reviews. If you like berry notes, Viva La Juicy, Christian Audigier for women, or PH Siren it's within those lines. Definitely not the same mind you but in the style realm. I decided to buy it the moment I sprayed the tester and I'm very glad that I did. Very different from the original except for the fact that it's sweet. To me blackberry stands out the most. I think it's lovely.

slcallen9
slcallen9

I really liked this scent. I havn't smelled a lot of perfumes before so this was a unique one for me. I don't usually like the smell of floral notes but this had a very sweet smell to it.

NikNakz
NikNakz

Saw it in walgreens..sprayed it ALL over because I am in LOVE with the original HALLE..wasn't impressed..it is a pleasent smell but it smells like a watered down imitation of Eternity to me..

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

I bought the .5oz EdP at the drugstore on sale for under $12-a fair price for what it is.

The opening is sweet and peppery, then very fruity from the blackberry. The florals are strong and quite sweet in combination with the berries; in fact, the combination makes me think of a cheap tropical cocktail, particularly with star anise in there.

The dry down lasts and lasts. It's one of the few vanilla-ish-scented dry downs that I can tolerate, I would guess because the patchouli and sequoia keeps it from becoming overpowering or overly sweet. However, I won't buy this perfume again, as it has a veil of chemical haze overlying the scent from start to finish.

ARIES1983
ARIES1983

I sampled this in my local Walgreens and wasn't impressed. It smells like sweet flowers. Nothing impressive at all. I won't be purchasing this but the bottle is georgeous.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

On me it's just a 1 note floral, no depth at all. Dosn't really last that long on me.

jonr951
jonr951

AWFUL!!! Such a disappointment!! It smells like cheap bubblegum & hairspray!!! Its a shame because her 1st was amazing!! Why Halle, why? Its just as awful as Couture Couture!! WARNING: DO NOT WEAR OR SMELL!!!

danimcneil

I tested this today and i think it smells like a watered down version of Mariah Carey's M.... The sweet patchouli smell.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I've had this quite awhile now. This perfume blooms in spring for me, and then it's put away from the heat and cold until next spring. Certainly you could wear this anytime you wish, but to me, looking forward to this every spring is like waiting to hang clothes on the line again! Just thinking about this makes me yearn for spring, and I LOVE winter!
This isn't a deceiving scent....what you see is what you get. A lovely lavender pastel color and scent. And I would think a jaw dropping beautiful spring wedding scent.
This is no comparison, but this might appeal to the Pink Sugar fans also, having a slightly sweet cotton candy note that floats about, leaving just as you inhale to find it.
Not a trace of burnt sugar here though. This is the first of the pale pink floss at its best.
I love sweet scents and florals, but I would bet heavily in an unmarked tester, that so many would love and like this scent, versus dislikes.
It's so nice for a first perfume even at a young age of ten.
Longevity has me curious. It doesn't seem to last all that long but, it doesn't make me love it any less!
I think this is a pastel little world scent.

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Love the first one.so exotic and mysterious!can.t wait for this one.that s gonna be exotic too.but with more fruits and exotic plants.mwah!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Halle Berry Halle Pure Orchid fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Halle Berry Halle Pure Orchid, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.