Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

Woman Amber Halston for women

Woman Amber Halston for women
dislike

smoky

Halston Woman Amber is a sophisticated and deeply sensual oriental perfume of hypnotic precious amber and wood resins.

Top notes: Italian mandarin, red currant and crystal aldehydes. Heart: pure amber, rose petals and wild tuberose. Base: olibanum, sandalwood, white suede and musk.

Presented in a golden reflective bottle, Woman Amber is available as EDP of 50 and 100 ml. Woman Amber was launched in 2010.

Mandarin Orange Red Currant Aldehydes

Tuberose Amber Rose

Musk Sandalwood Olibanum Suede

Woman Amber Fragrance Reviews

mapache
mapache

An under rated GEM.....just like the men's version is also under rated. This is a great amber spice scent...I find it unisex also. This goes on heavy at first, the true magic comes thru the scent evolving on your skin...and then the fab dry down ....awesome.
I am a tuberose lover....and IMO, it is barely there....only way in the background...no matter...
This is going to become a standard for me....the men's Halston Amber already is for me.
Try them both, if you can. Available on line very inexpensive, worth every penny.

SkyBlossom
SkyBlossom

The bottle was a must-have, but the perfume itself was too strong for me.

jshmoe
jshmoe

I love incense and amber, but can't wear vanilla ANYTHING (instant play-doh on me), and this is the rare one that fits that order! Blind buy based on notes. No florals or sweetness come through on me, just a pungent musk and (unburnt?) incense. Not too masculine, though...

My boyfriend is super-picky about scents...and he likes it on me?! This Halston breaks a few rules, and is better for it.

It's special, it's strange, and it's beautiful: a high-end import shop's back room, where the "good" rugs are stored away from the daylight and the shop owner takes his tea and sliced orange.

Carnation
Carnation

This is an absolute stunner and Halston would have been proud.
First of all it is not the hedonistic powerhouse that the original Halston from 1975 was: It is a softer sister that exudes a beguiling charm. Whereas Halston was base carnality, Halston Woman Amber is slow and seductive sensuality.
The opening sweetness of red currant is smooth which paves the way for the silky rose middle note intermingled with a blanket of soft musk and finishing in a base of woods and amber..
An eau de parfum with amazing staying power and incredible projection that ensnares all who encounter it.

Wow! This is an uncompromising fragrance. Rather than being warm this stuff is positively hot! An aggressive amber, softened and feminized with floral notes but lets get it right, this is a hearty, balmy resin fragrance.
It's almost syrup-like intensity opening with a spiced oriental feel and a puff of powder. It's got a bit of the old style straight benzoin, Bain de Caron thing coupled with a dressier tuberose, which is prominent in the opening and fading into the dry down but for me providing a great compliment for the amber accord. Tuberose is one of those love/hate things for me but in this I just get the good stuff. The sweet sharpness is more like labdanum than olibanum but either way it's prominent throughout...another thing I like.
There's a creaminess of sandalwood in here too, maybe coming out more on my skin and conspiring with the amber accord again to intoxicate.
I see this as a floriental fragrance which I can understand some people considering to be unisex and frankly I could pull it off. Having said this it reminds me so fully of a confident, sexy, more mature woman sort of vibe? For this association in my mind I couldn't wear it but be damned sure I'd be attracted to a woman wearing it. It's a bit naughtier than the kind of scent your mum might wear, I like to think more of a liberated cougar type rocking Halston Amber Woman.
It's no joke performance wise too...goes on nice and strong, doesn't last excessively long but projects really well for a good couple of hours before retreating to a low skin scent.
Update: My girlfriend has been wearing samples of this the past few days and it comes across very tuberosy on her especially at first.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I just want the bottle!

Wildchypre
Wildchypre

How many ways can I say that I love this perfume? It is like they poured romance, mystery and longing into a bottle. I already loved Halston Classic, now I truly love this as well.
The opening is a hit of amber right across my face.. and I liked it. I knew something good was coming. The balsam and the woods are coming thru in beautiful bold layers but mostly this perfume for me is a bout the beautiful smoke and how they got it into a bottle.... And when you think it has tossed you on your head and messed with you until you can't get up... here comes the leather, musk and sandalwood.
If I had one word for this perfume, and if you are into orientals, my word would be Haunting... Love this perfume.
Lasts about 5-6 hours or longer on me and silage is a very sexy arms length.

kvan
kvan

I love tuberose, most ambers...even when they are very sweet, but the olibanum ruins this for me. Very dry, very strong. Overpowers even the tuberose and leather. I will have to try other olibanum (incense) heavy perfumes to see if this is the norm for me, or just the way it's done here, but the note smelled too much like inexpensive incense sticks to me. It went back.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

کهکشان عطر ها بسیار بزگ و پر حرکت اما کدامین خواهند مان ؟
در این خانه عطر سعی در ماندن دارد کمک میکند برای حفظ رایحه خود در کنار تمامی بزرگان خالق رایحه ها باید شیک ایستادگی کرد تا توسط این شیشه و درونش خود را در یک مراسم
شیک و مدرن حضور شخصیت بوه حس وردو یک خانم مدیر را بصویر میکشد. رایحه نخست
شکوفه ها وپخش یک نفس از ترشی مرکبات دیگران را حضور خود را با شما احساس میکنند تا خودشان تنهائی خلوت را

Clyn11
Clyn11

Sweetest Amber...and lasts forever!:)

finzi
finzi

For the first hour this perfume is almost overwhelmingly sweet on my skin, but once the top notes have faded it mellows to a warm, woody, spicy scent. I usually avoid perfumes that contain sandalwood because I find often find that it dominates all other notes, but that's not the case here. Sandalwood is a weighty note and works perfectly against the sweetness here.

My boyfriend adores this perfume and thinks it is very elegant and sophisticated.

It reminds me very much of Hermes' Elixir Des Merveilles, which is a lighter fragrance, but has the same sweetness and warmth at the heart.

I've only just acquired my first bottle of this fragrance, so may well update this review in month or so, but for now it gets the thumbs up from me!

lizainterpres
lizainterpres

This is a very strange perfume. On me, it smells like a hamster cage, a very animalic scent (due to the unsane amount of amber I guess).

Good news for those who like such frags: Halston Amber has a very good staying power and sillage.

editing: i was browsing through my samples today and sprayed this one on again. maybe i was too harsh writing about the hamster cage but i will not take my words back. What is more, now it gives me a funny WET hamster sensation thanks to the tuberose and aldehydes. There is a possibility I will start to enjoy this "pet" smell)))

In general, this is a very abstract and nondescript piece of perfumer's work. a heady mix it is too...

Pierina
Pierina

I am IN LOVE with this fragrance, sweet and spicy and sensual, almost masculine.
I only know of 1 place to purchase and it is approx $150/50ml but I am seriously thinking to take the plunge.
I seem to skip the opening notes and go straight into the middle, a sweet amber and rose opening with spicy musky suede finish.. Oooh so captivating.
Maybe I can settle down and accept my Visit by Azzaro.. we shall see...

JonCologneSplash
JonCologneSplash

truly a KNOCK OUT perfume, very beautiful, very strong, lasting. SPICY , SPICY, SPICY, I got a sample at Neiman's a few weeks ago and the card still smells awesome, this has a true lasting, staying power unlike many NEW perfumes, and this is very very current. kind of like youth dews amber nude, but better.

Woman Amber by Halston 4.24 out of 5 based on 46 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Halston Woman Amber fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Halston Woman Amber, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Woman Amber by Halston. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Woman Amber by Halston represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.