Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

HM Hanae Mori for men

HM Hanae Mori for men
dislike

I have it: 1024 I had it: 308 I want it: 516 My signature: 17

HM Hanae Mori for men Pictures HM Hanae Mori for men Pictures HM Hanae Mori for men Pictures

This oriental-woody fragrance for men, created by Japanese Hanae Mori, was launched in 1997.

The top notes reveal sparkling and luminous citrus and lavender with a hint of nutmeg. The heart is floral and pure with jasmine, iris, grassy notes of lily of the valley and intoxicating Bulgarian rose. The base is composed of moss, cedar, Tonka, powdery vanilla, gourmand touch of chocolate, and amber.

Lavender Amalfi Lemon Black Currant Green Notes

Chance Eau de Toilette

HM Fragrance Reviews

Odin88
Odin88

I don't know how this is not considered a niche fragrance. It is one of my all time faves. Woods, smoke, vanilla, citrus with a hint of chocolate. An amazing cheapie that lasts and lasts and can be had for about 30$.

Olgarth
Olgarth

EDP version:

A pleasant citrus opening that evolves into a very sweet woods/vanilla smell which has a 'mustiness' about it which put me off.

Longevity and projection are both good.

lee_maccuckoo
lee_maccuckoo

"It smells like Allure Edition Blanche/ Issey Miyake" It doesn't. I own the three of them and each one has its own distinct features and appropriate moments. HM is more for cool, spring days and evenings, whereas AEB is more for summer nights. Issey Miyake... well, I'm not sure, it's just not for me...

"It's a gourmand fragrance" If gourmand for you is anything bearing the smallest resemblance to food notes, then it's not for you. However, if you don't mind feeling one or two of those notes playfully dancing among other flowery, woodsy and citrusy ones, that will make your day

"It's too feminine/ masculine" One of the reasons I avoid unisex fragrances is that some of them just won't be neutral enough to fit the bill. Take Annick Goutal's "Mandragore Pourpre" or Scent Story 24 Gold, for instance: despite their undisputed top-notch quality, there is nothing about them that feels even slightly masculine; they are excellent female scents, period. In this respect, HM smells like a truly unisex fragrance,in the same way as, say, JV Artisan, since the floral/ gourmand notes will appeal more to the ladies while the woodsier/ citric notes won't leave the guys completely left out of their fair share of testosterone.

All in all, a well-balanced, beautiful, round and tasty (dare I say sexy?) piece, a good example of freshness-meets-warmth. Niche quality for a highly discounted price.

P.S: I don't mean JV Artisan and HM share the least resemblance, all I meant is they are true examples of unisex fragrances :)

ghent32
ghent32

Beautiful creamy, powdery, citrusy, vanilla gourmand heaven. Blind bought this from Perfumania and feel in love. The EDT version is quite strong, but in all honesty, the EDP may be the strongest fragrance on the entire market, designer or niche.

Top 5 hidden gem in designer perfumery.

dogmeat
dogmeat

When I first tried this, I sprayed once on my wrist and immediately did not like it...I thought it smelled like a bad version of L'eau d'Issey. All citrus and very ordinary smelling to me.
However, I tried it again and sprayed it 2-3 times. It was still citrus-y and clean, but there was a very noticeable creamy/woodsy note (sandalwood/vanilla maybe?). This made it smell, for lack of a better word, pretty. As it dries down, the citrus fades and the vanilla and florals become more pronounced...and it smells even prettier. Even though this is a men's fragrance, it has a very soft, feminine quality, which is not a bad thing. I find myself reaching for this more and more. I like it.

JFrags
JFrags

Female wearer:

the cap smell is quite deceiving....

it's very invigoratingly sweet....lemon syrupy fresh and clean

definitely getting the Tonka bean.. would suit well for men who are African American

for me I have to dry this down if I am wearing this out as when it's warming up the notes project much more smoother than on the first spritz.

it was nice to have and the concept was nice as it was marketed as Unisex...

MetalMan
MetalMan

I keep hearing the phrase, "We all die alone" in movies, games, the 'sage' wisdom of elders...and I can't help but wonder what that really means. Is it due to living and empty life? Never making real connections with those around you? Is it the literal sense where you physically die in solitude? I, like many, do not wish to die alone in any sense - I want to be remembered as someone truly magnificent, so it's time I start doing things right. I need to put my demons to bed and be a better man, not for me, but for those around me. On this introspective day, I chose to revisit something I had written off before I understood it - Hanae Mori HM.

The crescent moon hangs low in the stillness of the night, almost close enough to kiss the earth. A symphony of crickets fill the warm night air with life. You sit in your shrine facing a lone candle praying for answers in an uncertain world. The shadows dance throughout the room like demons taunting your sincerity. The pale moon's glow trickles in through the passing clouds - you can almost taste its lemony luminescence. A cooling wind disrupts your tense tranquility - a rush of powdered roses and ancient iris invade your steady breaths. The rustle of greenery behind you nearly disguises the gentle footsteps quietly approaching. You feel a warm hand wrap around you neck and chest - it pulls you tightly against her bosom. You taste her pale, creamy skin as it brushes across your lips, an aged vanilla and amber dances on your tongue. She leans closely, "You've prayed enough for one night...any more and they will willfully neglect you." Her voice is as warm as her skin and hides a faint smile. Her hair falls across your face for a moment, traces of chocolate and sandalwood interlace with floral breeze and the musk of your meditative skin. You can't help but smile...she wins this battle every night. You know she will always win...and you wouldn't have it any other way.

Day 92 - Alone
Listening to: Moby - Porcelain

Notes: Again, this was something in my collection that I had written off as too off putting to really enjoy on a regular basis. Something about all the favorable reviews and likening it to lemon tart or cream - those reviews might hold true for some, but it really misses the point in a big way. This is a Japanese perfume house and while they may have strayed toward more mainstream offering as of late, this release still holds some of the obscurity of Japanese beauty found through simplicity (quite unlike Hollywood's obsession with platinum blondes, botox, and fake breasts - tatsteless and loud). The scent indeed starts with a noticeable lemon and something that is vaguely creamy and powdery. It has taken me years to be able to tease out the influence of the grassy notes and currant mingling with a powdered rose and iris - it is surprisingly beautiful and equally tranquil. The scent lingers in this sweet, lush citric and floral stage for quite some time before picking up notes of a soft wood and dusty cacao with a soothing patchouli and ambery musk. Time wears the amber and florals thin and leaves an oakmoss and patchouli musk that sings green and powdery - the whole scene unfolds over a constant 8 hours and wears a little more beautifully in warm weather. I can honestly say that I love this simple and beautiful creation and I think it should be worn by anyone who finds these notes interesting.

Boxing Wiz
Boxing Wiz

I appreciate the citrus scent. It's a soft and clean scent but not overly sweet. As a skin scent it will last 6-8 hours, sillage won't last even half of that time on me. I like as its a safe and light scent that I can wear anytime.

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

I've had a sample of HM EDT for so long that I don't even know where it came or when I got it. I overlooked this for years, but while going through my fragrance samples I decided to spray this on randomly before bed. I wasn't blown away but for some reason I decided to spray it on again the following night. Then the night after that, and the night after that until it started becoming part of my nightly ritual. I started craving the sweet, citrusy, woody smoke of HM.

This is the perfect blend of citrus, gourmand, fruit, woods, and an ashy smokiness. It feels like all these gorgeous ingredients were thrown over embers and smoked into your skin. It lasts for ages, has polite sillage and is very androgenous. Don't be fooled by the low price either, this is amazingly addictive.

compuneer
compuneer

One of my favorites.

Thomaso7

it is quite nice, even though I hardly ever actually wear it. I got it years ago but still have it, and the aftershave spray.
For me it's a grown up citrus scent, what I mean is it;s a citrus scent that isn't juvinile or "sporty". It's kinda sofisticated. it's really full, and somewhat complex. Not really a hot weather day scent, but moderate temperature, or at night.
This scent is all about lemon, with other ingredients complimenting it.

Lando1976
Lando1976

Received a sample of this and wow! This is exquisite. A Beautiful composition of lemon, vanilla and chocolate. The lemon is so pure it augments the other notes perfectly. Refreshing and delicious.

bporter
bporter

Overall a decent fragrance, especially nice for it's price-point. Appropriately enough, I sense something very Japanese about the style of Hanae Mori. Specifically, the rather delicate nature of it's construction. It teeters on the very edge of chaos, but somehow the notes always balance each other in a way that comes across as quite novel & playful. Initially, a creamy Lemon Meringue is quite prominent. And I sense tropical fruits like pineapples & bananas. Then Rose, a rather powdery Iris (which calls to mind Prada Infusion) & a conflict laden Lilly-of-the-Valley note. Sandalwood, Oakmoss, and mainly Vanilla are grounding the whole composition. So while all of this is going on, disconnected from the rest of the fragrance, there is this "Aquatic Vibe" that makes me think of Davidoff Cool Water, and strikes me as rather random! It's the Aquatic aspect of this fragrance combined with the rather powdery dry-down that really prevents me from viewing Hanae Mori as a Gourmand Fragrance. Unfortunately, I never really pick up on any cocoa notes. Sillage and Longevity of the fragrance is moderate. And while I think it is a fun scent at a good value, I do not consider it a "must have".

MrBumblepants
MrBumblepants

Got a decant of the EDP recently. Not for me. On my skin the lemon blast is overwhelming. After it drys down it's much smoother but still has a sourness to it that doesn't agree with me.

I was also disappointed that I didn't get any chocolate note that most people seem to get. If I had I may have liked this better. But on me it's just a very sour lemon and not much else.

calensfragrance
calensfragrance

Unique, sweet, and pleasant gourmand perfum. The vanilla, tonka bean, and chocolate keep the fruit and floral notes grounded. Perfect for a confident man who is not afraid to show his sensitive and tender side. Be ready for the loads of compliments you will receive.

Jupiter82
Jupiter82

Blind buy as it's not readily available in the uk, I was expecting a unique citrus/gourmand based on respected reviews.I was extremely disappointed, on my skin there is virtually zero gourmand element. The opening is sharp lemon with maybe a touch of vanilla (tiny touch) but this quickly develops into an exclusively floral blend. I repeat no chocolate, no cookie, no blackcurrant and virtually no vanilla are present at any point. By the end it reminds me of Insense, another masculine which is too floral for me to tolerate. EDT version.

angelo..zucchinni
angelo..zucchinni

worth every penny....smells soo cotton candy vanilla amber all across my face like melting vanilla icecream....so is this a good thing?

TheBawssThomas
TheBawssThomas

This smells so tasty and so good overall... Last for about 10hours on me... Maybe a day or so on clothing... Beautiful lemon scent... The candy lemon type. Very juicy and mature. Sillage is strong for about an hour or two then goes to arms length for the next few hours. Very good performance out of this one... Its overall in my top 5...just don't by him.. Make sure you get hm

SirMasterpiece
SirMasterpiece

Review on EdT :

Damn! My expectations were so high...but it just happend.

Another blind-buy, another dissapointment. A small one? No. A big one? Not really. It was something between.

You may ask why, here's why. Well, one on another the first sniff is feeling like fresh lemonade with a hint of mint made by granny. It's not that bad...but still not I was expecting. I wanted a fresh subtle lemon with a hint of chocolate. It's not far away...but still it's not there. Oh wait, now I remember I had to get EdP to feel the chocolate better. My bad! 25 bucks for 50ml...for this juice? Mhhm, it's a pretty decent deal.

I hope, I'll find someone who will appreciate this. Don't forget fellas, it's just not for me, I don't feel a connection between HM and me. Again as other perfumes I don't really enjoy but they are nice collectibles! Once you wear it, it doesn't burn you but yeah maybe I'll gain some love for HM...one day. :-)

A word that describes HM is lemonade.

Update : I'll try to find EdP to see if it will make my expectations! If not, maybe it's not for my skin.

Don't get me wrong, the smell is fantastic even it's EdT or EdP...but it doesn't get that well with my skin! :-(

amastara
amastara

very crisp and clean scent. huge fan.

Melted
Melted

My favourite Gourmand fragrance!

This smells like nothing else I have ever experienced. Fell in love with this the first time I sniffed its delightful notes.

I have the EDP. I have never tried the EDT.

enricoli731
enricoli731

Easily my favorite of all time.
Buy the EDP!
I made the mistake of buying EDT first time around =(

moftahyounis
moftahyounis

The EDP is the way to go , I have both and I can easily notice the difference .I don’t like the EDT so much , but the EDP is just creamy and delicious , I definitely get the chocolatey vibe more with the EDP. One of my favorite fall and winter scents in the cold weather of Canada .

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

One of my hidden gem of gourmand fragrances. I love the opening with a blast of lemon and after it settles vanilla kick in. I get a lot of compliment wearing this fragrance.I actually own the edp version which is good choice didnt try the edt yet. Also its not overpowering 3 spray is enough and last all day.Tried it on warmer days and it doesnt bother me. But this is definitely good for cool season. I live in florida and summer is very long here and doesnt get cold around mid december. But its safe to wear. Also great for going out at night and dates and any special occassion.This is a special fragrance for me because a lot of people where I live small town doesnt know about this fragrance.This fragrance is almost 20 years old and i hope they dont discontinued this amazing fragrance. Overall this a great gourmand fragrance. +10

deanyunuss
deanyunuss

one of my old time fav frags. bearably sweet and not overpowering... love it

smora
smora

Very original and unique EdT. Sweet, virile flowers with citruses and vanilla.
It starts with sparkling and sweet candied lemon note, accompanied by strong ethyl-maltol. Soon lavender, black current and meadow bouquet become the main players. Drydown is made of sweet vanilla and almost gourmand chocolate.
A distinctive cologne. A westernized Japanese soul. More poet than engineer, more haiku than logarithm.

Rating: poetic ***

msmonochrome
msmonochrome

This is cheerful, cheap as chips (the large bottle easily being found for about $30 with a bit of googling) and far more fun than anything this dense and artificial has a right to be

Opens all juicy currants and candied lemon, and takes a chocolate and vanilla swirl swerve heading into the middle section, with a big bundle of floral notes (rose, violet) to keep things from leaning too gourmand.

The base notes make a play for woody/spicy and that's where the lack of a formula budget begins to show its seams...but considering the cost and the "everything but a synthetic kitchen sink" massive list of notes, it is impressive that this fragrance managed to stay coherent for that long.

Sillage is moderate, and longevity is a solid 6-8 hours. So bright and bouncy, could easily be treated as a fresh unisex.

All in all this is the best sort of lowbrow delight, the perfume version of a silly pop song you can't stop singing, that you might just dance around in your living room to when no one is watching.

Rerik
Rerik

I´ve always been a black currant fan in fragrances.
HM starts with a prominent black currant note. But the whole fragrance is synthetic, may cause headache.
I get a similar vibe like from Cool Water, just with that prominent black currant note.
The EDT last very long.

Right now I have Creed Aventus, Bond No 9 Bleecker Street and HM in front of me on paper strips.
I would rate them as followed:
No. 1 Bleecker Street for its blueberry smell
No. 2 HM for its Cool Water freshness with black currant
No. 3 Aventus for its pineapple

Infini
Infini

Something magical washes over me whenever I wear this scent!! Very unique. Don't hesitate to buy some and have it in your collection. You wont regret it!

dmirror
dmirror

Nice it's different I tried this based off of good reviews this was a blind buy for me I got it for $17.49 1.7oz this scent starts off with the lemon citrus kicking along with the vanilla after about 20min to 30min the vanilla and chocolate along with the other sweets take over overall good sh!t 7/10 it's the edt but it still seems kind of heavy to me more like a fall winter fragrance or cool breezey spring day

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

HM by Hanae Mori, not to be confused with the way inferior HiM, is for me hands down one of the most quality and most interesting cheapos ever. It screams fun, versatility, creativity and quality from every side. It is a really playful and quite unique blend of notes which smells at the same time complex and this close to messy, but completely compelling and solid like a really well engineered motor. The key notes which support the composition are citrus, lavender, vanilla and cocoa beans: the zesty freshness of citrus notes, the “masculine” touch of classic lavender, and a gourmand creamy warmth of chocolate and vanilla. There’s many other notes providing depth and “colour” (e.g. spices, something powdery, other herbs, musk), most of which I can’t detect further, but to me it seems these four notes stand out and provide the bone structure of HM. Which is totally brilliant and plain irresistible, as it is at the same time fresh, warm, sweet, creamy but “manly”, there’s dark mellow nuances perfectly balanced with playful fresh top notes and a touch of sweet creaminess.

“Fun” is the word that keeps coming to my head: HM smells happy, lively, fresh and sweet but in no way sweetish or childish, or tacky. It’s like a nice classy comedy movie (say, the funniest Woody Allen’s), which can be hilarious and witty but also totally solid and smart from the point of view of writing and direction (contrary to, say, “teen comedy movies” which may be fun, but technically pure cinematographic crap). HM is quite that, merry and carefree but really solid and “serious” composition/quality-wise. Plus anyway it smells just great, and I am sure I never smelled something so perfectly balancing freshness and warmth, sweet/creamy notes and darker/drier stuff (the kind of composition so many niche scents try to emulate on a regular basis, with half the success and three times the price). It changes a lot, continuously floating between sweet creaminess and freshness, slowly evolving from a more citrus-lavender centered blend, to a more prominent role of vanilla, then switching back to lavender as main character. Lasting crisp and clear for hours. More than just versatile it is purely eclectic. I can imagine anyone pulling this off in any situation, which is nearly the greatest achievement for a fragrance for me. A total steal for the price.

8,5/10

P.S.: review based on the EDT version.

Jizzoe78
Jizzoe78

I have the parfume version and its absolute exquisite yet again I receive compliments on it!The opening is lemony but overall review I give it a strong 8.5!!

Allen-at-home

I already gave a quick review a couple of weeks ago, but I decided to give HM a complete review. In my first review, I said it has a definite tart, vegetal vibe that dries down to vanilla cocoa, which I don’t think was completely accurate. Today, I am giving it a full wearing, and I can certainly smell the lemony lavender opening. And after a little while, I smell some kind of flowery-something that, honestly, isn’t pretty. I suspect it’s the iris, although I’m not really familiar with the smell of iris. When I say it isn’t pretty, I mean it smells to me like something slightly rotten. And yet, still floral. (Rotten flowers?) I am starting to smell the chocolate base notes, but I can’t really say I ever noticed any rose note. (I don’t care for roses, anyway.) That raw, vegetal vibe I detected earlier is still there, but is more floral than vegetal. The predominant smell is definitely those flowers. Strange how it smells like flowers and chocolate, but the flowers are dead, and the chocolate is bitter. I don’t think I have smelled anything else exactly like it, but being unique isn’t the same as being good. Or worthy of a place on my shelf. I THOUGHT I had found a new favorite, but I was wrong. HM is simply too floral for my taste, which is something I didn’t realize the first couple of times I wore it. But I always enjoy trying to wrap my nose around a fragrance, whether it turns out to be a favorite, or not. And I will definitely avoid any more *iris* frags, considering this, and my recent experience with the horribly bitter Silver Iris by Atelier Cologne. My journey for a new favorite continues.
Update: I can't even wear this anymore, after it giving it several opportunities to prove me wrong. There's no nice way to say it, but after that very nice initial blast of lemony lavender dies down, HM actually smells putrid to me. Seriously, vile and disgusting. This is a reminder to me that first impressions can sometimes be completely opposite of a final opinion.

corpsepose
corpsepose

The opening reminds me of one of the Azzaro's my dad owned in the 90's, but then it turns to a very floral sweet. It really does smell like chocolate! It's an interesting scent although it's not something I would wear very often because it is VERY sweet. It's definitely unisex but I don't see why a man couldn't wear this in S/S. It's cheap if you look around, I was able to find the 50ml EDP tester for $15 on fragrancenet. If it doesn't work out for you, you can always give it to your girlfriend, they love this shit too.

Allen-at-home

Note: HM shouldn’t be confused with HiM, a completely different fragrance. (Don’t get me started about confusing fragrance names!) But back to my review, HM opens with lemony lavender, and eventually smells like vanilla cocoa, surprisingly similar to Black Orchid by Tom Ford. Not sure which notes cause it, but there’s a definite tart, vegetal vibe that makes it distinctive, and keeps it from being too sweet. I suspect it comes from the black currant and iris together. I don’t think I am a fan of iris notes in general, but it seems to blend well with berry here, although I can certainly see why this smells “weird” to some people. I love the opening, but, as good as it is, it dries down to powdery vanilla cocoa. Overall, a nice, distinctive fragrance if you don’t mind reapplying several times throughout the day. Thanks to curlykitty8 for the sample.
UPDATE: I really should mention that nutmeg note is so comforting, and contributes to its wearability.

MattChartier
MattChartier

This was my "gateway drug" to both my signature Angel, and to perfume obsession in general. I love it, and I'll always have a bottle. It makes me happy every time I wear it and brings a flood of good memories. It's very distinctive, and is definitely signature scent worthy - it's pretty unique and attracts the most praising compliments from all sorts of people. I like to use the EDP on pulse points with the EDT lightly misted over my torso before I get dressed, and on a long day, I'll use the EDT again at about 5PM to pick things back up. Highly recommend the aftershave balm as well, it has a nice texture and dries matte, and it's true to the actual scent.

I also recommend this for women, it doesn't really lean to either side of the masculine / feminine spectrum, it just smells 'good.' It's equally appealing on male and female skin and differing skin chemistry really amps up different aspects of the scent.

SmurfK
SmurfK

Got Hanae Mori HM (EDT) blind, as i couldn't find samples around, so was not sure what to expect. I generally like sweet fragrances, vanilla, not so fan of heavy on citrus fresh ones. The price point made me buy it, i payed around $25 for 50ml, so that's a great price.
Right out of the box, i was very impressed with the bottle and packaging. I just love those simple bottle designs. The sprayer is good, the cap sits tight, it's great.
I would say that first olfactory impression was not the best. I got too much of a floral during dry-down, then to get a light lemon and a lot of vanilla when dried. I liked the base notes, but was not impressed by the opening and mid notes.
But, after few uses, it started to grow on me. Now, i just love the opening. Can't really say what made me change my first impression. I feel the lemon much nicely. It's not a blast of citruses, it's a light but powerful lemon. The vanilla an lemon dry-out it's just spectacular. Floral notes, started to like those too.
It's an complex fragrance. You have all kind of notes, but they are not overpowering. They complement each other.

It can be kinda nauseating, so you need to go easy with the trigger, especially near the nose. I prefer to apply one spray on my chest, one on each hand and i'm good to go.

I get to wear this casual. I find it appropriate for spring. I think i'm not gonna use it too much in summer, but i'll get back to it in autumn and winter.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

Got a sample of this, had no idea it was intended for men. Citrus and pine are what my nose smells, clean and windswept, love it!

mscotto89
mscotto89

I love HM BUT I recommend not spraying it directly under your nose, it's one of those scents that smells great but can get bothersome if you're constantly smelling it. The EDP is very very strong.

dragonfruit2015
dragonfruit2015

Wonderful fragrance even if a bit too feminine on the opening...or at least for some. I got this a few years back and for a while I was put off by the incredibly sweet floral opening. It just felt like women's perfume. The opening changes to a much more pleasant scent that projects really well without annoying. On the contrary, it's very appealing and much more rounded. I feel this could easily be worn by women. No, it won't tell the world just how tough you are, but then again, if that's what you wanna' do, just go buy Brut or something like that. I find it good for year round wearing, but don't get carried away in the summer months. Considering how inexpensive it has become, it's worth a try. Enjoy.

Erok32
Erok32

This is possibly the most versatile fragrance I've ever owned (the EDP version). It's a rarity in that it's citrus, gourmand, all seasons worthy, work/night time appropriate, monster projection and longevity, garners compliments, is extremely reasonably priced, and not very mainstream.

This is one extremely under rated fragrance. The only people who I would advise to stay away are those who absolutely hate sweet fragrances.

piersvernon
piersvernon

Its really difficult to try and make comparisons to other fragrances, when talking about Hanae Mori for Men, there isnt a fragrance like it !

Totally distinctive, and in a wonderful way!

A really nice opening of floral type notes, which moves to a light subdued spice/ vanilla combination. Nice longevity, for a whole evening.

Would wear this to any sort of dinner/wedding/date. Age ? 30-40 bracket.

Wouldn't wear this for the office, perhaps a little too powerful & distracting.

Receives great compliments. Always noticed, and in a fond way !

Wow! I can't believe I hadn't tried this one until now and it took something I thought I'd got passed (blind buying) to do it.
I have to say that although it's reminiscent of a few flavours I could happily reel off, HM for men is unique enough among scents of this type to have real alt-classic status.
The combination of a definite blackcurrant and sharp lemon/grapefruit smell in the opening is very sweet, tropical and quite synthetic, giving an almost jelly baby type of smell. Luckily I enjoy that and it does settle rapidly to something more refined. Just while we're still on the top notes there's a hint of lavender and even a detectable touch of white floral, perhaps the jasmine and iris which all together makes for an interesting opening and heart. The drydown is generally a creamy base of tonka bean, touches of vanilla and white chocolate.
I actually really like the soft development of this fragrance into a sweet and calm skin scent. One thing I can't make my mind up on is the quality or refinement of this juice? On the one hand it seems cheap but still quite captivating and wearable on the other.
So not bad then lasting power is average and projection dies down after the first hour to a cosy skin scent. This was a good blind buy and I suspect I will wear it.

YogSodoth
YogSodoth

As an older guy, I tend to avoid the citrus/vanilla combo, but this one is special. It's a little bit sweet and not especially masculine, but DAMN is it sophisticated. There's a whole little world of clean, fresh smells packed in there, and it makes you think of power suits, glass boardrooms, mirrored floodlights, and elegance. This is the smell that really organized guy on 48 with the smokin' hot secretary exudes.
The initial blast gives me a lot of lemon and black currant, and it dries down to a really nice, complex, velvety chocolate smell on me with the amber and vanilla playing around in it, while the cedar keeps it just on the masculine side of neutral.
Good one for the office, bound to not offend a single nose. Sticks around but doesn't get heavy or cloying.

SNOOPY
SNOOPY

This one opens gourmand,sweet and yes it can be feminine
But it really changed on my skin.
After 6 hours as longevity is no problem here it turned very masculine in an evening on the town way.
I do like it but it doesnt suit me to wear it enough.
With 50 essential oils according to the manufacturer it is bound to have surprises
Too much for summer heat in my opinion.
But it isnt cloying either.
Longevity is at least 8 hours
Go easy on the trigger
Projection should not be a problem if that is what you seek.

Comandosav
Comandosav

im a lover of gourmands, very open minded and i rarely find a scent too feminine , yet strangely didnt like this one and to me i couldnt imagine wearing it and pulling it off. Be wary if you dont like overly powdery or feminine fragrances, this one was too much for me, almost headache inducing.

28/12/2014

jbsbluebird
jbsbluebird

I have the EDT and it's very good. Try if you are new or are a fresh-head attempting to get into more gourmand scents because to me it is a crossover between being fresh and a gourmand. Plus it's cheap but doesn't smell like a cheapy to me.

windhill
windhill

I have an EDP, Its classy sweet and quite unisex smell. Remind me of luxury boutique when you're walk in. The first burst smell quite unpleasant to me. Sharp and harsh. Really close to Angel but without deadly minty-patchouli Angel has. After first 10 min HM harsh notes calmer and develops smokiness, medicinal notes to masculine side little by little. I love its creamy base. EDP projects strong sillage(very heavy tbh) and last quite long.

I you love sweet scent with tobacco-edge go for it. Same category as LL Au Masculine. But please don't put too much. Although I'm a sweet tooth but these guys cloying as hell in warm weather.

[email protected]
dmdipentino@verizon.net

Mmmmmm, interesting scent, very different.
Normally, I don't like 'powdery' sweet, ( like I feel the opening of this scent is.); but, the dry down is really worth it! That is when I notice the citrus and more 'bass notes.'
Nice 'strong at first' scent for the winter and at night time.
Every once in a while is fine for me!

steve1991
steve1991

Unique candy/fizzy scent, that mellows into a more woody/floral after several hours.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

HM edt was a blind buy based on all the reviews here. Wearing it today and I'm loving it! The top notes are sweet lemon cream. The lemon fades in the drydown. At times HM reminds of a lemony Dior Homme, which is one of my top 5. I don't wear gourmands often, but I'll be wearing HM this fall and winter . Try this under the radar gem.

kgro16
kgro16

After I while I stopped liking this one. It's too sweet, too gourmand. Nevertheless, I could see how people like this, as I do get compliments. It's definitely unique.

I'm surprised that chocolate doesn't have more votes for the main notes. I actually like the base notes. After a few hours, the fragrance sits close to the skin and smells pleasant, but the opening is just too much. If you like lots of citrus, then this might be for you.

Longevity: 3.5/5
Sillage: 3.5/5

Overall: 3/5

mrlumis
mrlumis

went to fragrance sale store today to try testers with the intention of picking up a unique, solid spring/summer scent, spent a good amount of time testing heaps of different colognes on cards and then found this...now I have a 100ml bottle of it. What more do i need to say? fit the bill perfectly. EDT.

MYUSIF
MYUSIF

Very Nice & Sweet scent , Dry Down reminds me of Angel Schlesser Oriental Dream, Very nice Scent I like it.

talldarkroast
talldarkroast

Such a pretty scent.

Just received a 3.4oz EDP in the mail today. Nice solid bottle, with a sleek minimalist design. The sprayer isn't the best, but the juice inside is outstanding - with decent projection and amazing siliage. I sprayed my neck and wrist about two hours ago, and it's still very prominent to my nose.

Call me totally crazy, but I don't get a lot of lemon from this. There's some obvious citrus there, but this scent for me is hard to pick apart - it feels quite blended somehow. I get the sense of an aquatic, mixed with a sweet gourmand chocolate perhaps. In the drydown I get some spiciness and woods. The florals are there the whole time, without being too dominating.

It sort of drifts back and forth, plunging back at you with the occasional burst of sweetness - reminding you it's still with you.

chorando
chorando

A beautiful melange of gourmand fresh fruity and juicy notes and mixed woods. What impresses me the most is the way the freshness of the citrus and then the distinct blackcurrant are supported on the richer gourmand elements. There is a tartness which lingers through the opening into the heart where the florals begin to sit above the woods. I get a fleeting rose note which comes and goes, doing a little dance with the blackcurrant and a slightly musty note I interpret as lavender and iris, which to my nose is evident for the first thirty minutes or so. All in all this is an intriguing and interesting frag. There is a lot going on but its pretty well balanced. There is a fine line being walked here between fun and young and a more mature position. Slipping frequently into the former. This is not a bad thing. Personally I would wear this for casual spring summer days. Suitable for everyone and not gender specific. I have the Edp.

Edit: Interestingly to me, after a few more wears I get a distinct cookie note that pops in and out for the first hour and the lavender is much more pronounced. Still very juicy.

db602colognefan
db602colognefan

I really like this fragrance.it works well with my skin chemistry..I guess lucky me.it is a sweet citrus fragrance starting off, but the rose n lil hint of the chocolate start the dry down for me.the Parfum version last pretty much all day on me..I do lean a little towards the gourmand smells though..I bought my 1st bottle at Neiman Marcus,and my 2nd I found at Marshalls for about 1/3 the cost..AWESOME

Frag
Frag

Will make you smell like a gigantic, sweet, androgenous Lemonhead candy. After a couple of hours you'll get some chocolate.

If that's your thing, here's your juice. Personally had to pass on this one.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

a nice fragrance , somewhat too sweet but still in limits. i can feel chocolate and tea rose in it. lasts good , like 5 hours or more and projetction is medium.

Thomaso7

very very lemony, sour lemon - I guess it has florals too, and include those which seem to complement the lemon and also a little later ones which give it a light bouquet of a slight fruity smell. it is slightly powdery when it gets going. it is fresh overall.

Lemon is the dominant player in this up front, later on it gets more floral.

if you absolutely love the lemon smell, - this is for you.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

About a year ago this scent was a no go. But I had a chance to smell it again and wow I liked it a lot. I smell mint, lemon, citrus and some light spices with a touch of sweetness. A good balance. Grown Man style for sure.

lesleykc
lesleykc

I received a small sample of this from Sephora, and without looking into what kind of scent it was (men's, women's, unisex) I blindly put it on after a shower one night. I liked the scent, as I'm into unusual and men's scents over traditional "feminine" scents. The next night, I could smell it on my bedsheets and thought "What is that lovely smell?". To me, it smells faintly feminine and floral, with citrusy and masculine notes. I was really surprised to find out that this was marketed as a men's scent (at least on Sephora). I finished the sample I had and purchased a bottle. I love the way it wears on my skin. It seems to last almost 8 hours on me. I can understand how this scent would be divisive amongst reviewers, as it straddles a line between masculine and feminine that most people don't seem to enjoy. I'm not a fan of the top notes and scent overall for the first 30 minutes or so, but after that it's soft, fresh, warm and citrusy all at once. For comparision, my favorite perfume is Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street, another fragrance that is more masculine, but suits me!

Melyche
Melyche

I'm between "it smells alright" and "Nah.. I don't like it". First of all I personally can't stand sharp citrus notes. Make me feel nauseous. The first thirty minutes was really hard for me. I was like "omg I don't feel ok". The opening is literally just pure bitter lemon. I like crisp clean fragrances but this is not something I could enjoy. The dry down was quite better than the opening. The sharpness of lemon finally went away. I can tell it was smelling better. That's what puts me in those two situations that I mentioned above. However, longevity is so poor. After starting to smell better it lasted for only 15 20 minutes and that's it. Party is over,

I agree with the fact that it's a unisex fragrance but it's more masculine. I didn't get anything sweet, in other words not feminine. Besides, I didn't have much time so that my nose didn't get any chance to pick some other note.

Best for citrus notes fans, day time-preferably morning and summer but definitely not for me.

paulhunter
paulhunter

All the notes collide very strangely for this peculiar perfume. I dislike it but simply because I can't put my finger on what it is. Every time I smell my arm I'm surprised and a little bit put off. Definitely not for the faint of heart yet neither for the charismatic. In one word this fragrance is: "WHAT?"

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

I respect this cologne and wanted to like it but its just to weird for me. (On my skin anyways)

It smells way too feminine and though its unique its not something I enjoy even in the slightest.

To me it smells like lipstick.lol

My Gf HATES this...

and for that I have to give it a low rating of 5 out of 10

Deefit
Deefit

After reading the countless positive reviewsabout it's scent and the projection and longevity as well, I couldn't wait to try it. Nearly blind bought a bottle once, but never made the final call. It was a mystery to me, until last week when a swap partner sent me a sample (for which I thank you greatly!). I tried it on my wrist and it was lovely, it really was. But after 30 minutes, it had faded to a skinscent which I could barely pick up after 2 hours. It was so weak, I could hardly believe it. I have tried the eau de toilette which I believed to be lasting less long, but projecting stronger. This was not the case, unfortunately.

All in all, I'm glad I did not blind buy this as I would have been disapointed by its lack of strenght. The opening is the best part, I find it a beautiful sweet take on lemon. It reminds me of something else but I cannot put my finger on it.

The opening of this is somewhat similar to Esprit Mondain by Brecourt.

Vladimir0102
Vladimir0102

So, after all, which is the difference between the EDT and EDP?

prodigy
prodigy

Nauseating . Too sweet and it has a sickening aroma that just doesnt do it for me.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

Very "masculine" ,sugary & fresh without the aquatic-sport-dazzle. It doesn´t knock you out with a baseballbat from the lockerroom like for example Acva por homme or Le Male, IF you know what i mean ;)
First most lemony, then jasmin-vanilla and it fades after about 4 hours in a pleasent woody-vanilla. I like it very much, but even more if it lasted longer and had a little bit more sillage.

Could easily be the older brother to Mochino´s "Funny"

9/10 for unique and fresh unisex

sugarcane
sugarcane

This fragrance is soooo nice! I dont really like the opening, but everything else makes up for it. The smell is so complex! It is sweet but not over-bearing. Great fragrance.

zerby
zerby

I got this for Christmas by mistake. It's WAY TOO SWEET. Reminds me of Angel for Men. Very Headache inducing.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

HM is quite an eclectic composition. There are so many notes fluttering around in here that they create a rather unique and intriguing experience.

It opens with a candied lemon, mint and jasmine. Perhaps the weakest part of the experience for me is this mint+lemon combination, which has a tendency to smell a bit sharp and synthetic on occasion. Thankfully it doesn't last too long. As the lemon calms down, the jasmine and a warm powdery iris push forward.

The iris envelops the whole composition from here on in, so if you don't like powdery scents this definitely is not for you. The dry down is when HM becomes really special, as body heat brings out the inviting sweetness of the amber, vanilla and blackcurrant, with residual tinges of lemon. There is a vague impression of chocolate, but to me it is not obvious and more than likely is an accord created by other notes.

All this candied floral stuff sounds rather feminine, however a balance is provided by the oak moss and cedar bass, which shroud the sweet florals with a thin veil of earthy woodiness. This gives the impression that the scent was 'smoked' onto your skin and thus feels more androgynous.

It's difficult to classify HM. It hovers somewhere between gourmand, floral and woody oriental. If I had to sum it up with an image, I'd say it's like lemon and blackcurrant flavoured candy, crushed into powder and rubbed onto tree bark. Very unusual and definitely something that will get you noticed.

I personally do not recommend the EDP version, however. Although it lasts longer than the EDT, that saccharine lemon note which I mentioned is too strong and overpowers the best part, which is the dry down. The EDT is better value, has decent lasting time (4 hours) and it's more sheer.

Robert McGill
Robert McGill

Got my edt version of HM today. Being a citrus lover I was delighted with the opening which lasted approx 2 hours on my skin. After this the flowers emerged with the iris up front. An hour later I detect hints of vanilla. I think my 3 year search for a signature scent is over...but I'm wondering how the edp would perform. Now this potential signature scent is on hold.

Yudum
Yudum

It says for women and men but its quite manly. I like the way that it smells like cookies but also like lemons. Its very refreahing and also makes you feel warn inside

Marciu

@LanceDior - well, at first I thought it does smell like Allure Edition Blanche. But all in all they are a lot different from each other. Edition Blanche has very fresh citrusy intro, then woody-vanilla drydown comes in. HM smells like lemon candy to me, it's reacher in composition, because it contains a lot of flowers (as I said before, it reminds me of meadow full of flowers, especially white flowers) and iris which reminds me a little bit of Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense - just a bit.

thehighend
thehighend

Just purchased the EDT a few days ago. It's unique, fresh and clean. Nice and subtle creamy undertone but not heavy or suffocating in warm weather (I'm in the Caribbean). Very refreshing and vibrant citrus opening followed by less citrus/more floral mid. In the dry down, the florals and lemon are still noticeable but so is powdery vanilla and yes, I do smell chocolate. It's not nearly as sweet as you would expect. The subtle woody and green notes at the base give it balance. I see it more as a casual day fragrance, a work fragrance or a 'stay-in' fragrance (will not be wearing it to go to a nightclub, f.ex). Needless to say I really enjoy it. Gets compliments. For the price, its a no-brainer.

mendwillie
mendwillie

This is very good. Excellent blend of Lemon and Vanilla. Seductive fascinating I keep my skin smell. EDT I own is fabulous and long lasting, now dying to feel the smell of the EDP.

I classify it thus:
Smell: 8.5/10
Projection: 8.5/10

Layzie
Layzie

HM Hanae Mori is prominently lemony with an underlying spiciness. It's an odd fragrance that makes me want to continuously smell it, even though I don't particularly like it. It will definitely grab your attention with its pungency.

LanceDior
LanceDior

Does this smell like Allure Edition Blanche? Coz I got that and don't like it too much...

mfeezy
mfeezy

The only cologne I have EVER brought twice...

**EDIT**

I have now purchased 3 times.

WayneDN

I get compliments on this cologne all the time! A must have if you are a professional!

Marciu

Somehow it reminds me of the smell of sweet bubblegum too :D Especially an opening.

I guess that this Hanae Mori fragrance will never stop to amaze me.

Dino Napoleão
Dino Napoleão

Hanae Mori Eau de Parfum
My impressions

On opening an explosion of creamy notes of lemon, lavender and vanilla.
These notes persist for some three hours on my skin, then realize floral notes: rose, jasmine and iris and discreta.M s later the scent becomes a little sweet and hot. Interestingly, vanilla walks throughout the evolution of the fragrance is slowly and continuously.
Projection is great for an eau de parfum in the first 4-6 hours is quite noticeable, longevity about 10 hours and can last even longer.
Fans of gourmand fragrances will surely appreciate.

CodyHowl
CodyHowl

If the first beam of sunlight that hits your face in the morning had a smell, this would be it.

If you could see it, it would be honey-colored and glistening, like the dust hanging in the air as the sun goes down.

It may seem dramatic, but it's true.

HM opens with a harmony of rich, milky vanilla, and bittersweet lemon.

After a few seconds pass, invigorating jasmine and toasty woods enter the stage, but vanilla and lemon remain the stars of the show.

While most of the other notes are barely perceptible individually, they will sometimes make an unexpected cameo, particularly the lavender or sandalwood, and something else that I would mistake for pipe tobacco.

Masculine, but gentle and inviting, HM is the smell of sunshine warming an unmade bed.

For years, I never had a signature scent. Now I do.

Smyle12
Smyle12

It's a nice scent, but it would seem that at least 40 of the essences Hanae Mori claims are in this minty, lemon, vanilla, perfume, which I am on my second bottle of, went to waste. It really is mind-blowing. If there's that many in there, at least they WORK in HM which is important, unlike say, V&Rs Antidote which although it has a ridiculous number of notes (although no where remotely near 50) doesn't WORK... at all. Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read from a company's own website. Why would ANYONE waste 50 ingredients on a fairly inexpensive perfume that smells great, is analogous to the smell of Lemonheads candy.. Like I said, this is my SECOND FB, and just because their website "SAYS IT" doesn't make it true, and it CERTAINLY doesn't mean I BELIEVE it.

Marciu

Oh, by the way, I haven't mentioned that I'm still talking about an EDP. This concentration, as I said, is perfect for fall, winter, spring and summer nights. I still have not smelled an EDT. But now I don't know if it's really worth trying.

BeautifulDecay
BeautifulDecay

I love this stuff I don't know what else to say. I wish I could give you an accurate description of the smell but seeing how it has over 50 different notes it's hard to do so but you can definitely smell the vanilla, chocolate and amber the entire time. It's perfect all year round but I especially love this in the winter time it's like Christmas in a bottle. The edt is strong so I can only imagine how strong the edp is. A little definitely goes a long way and it lasts beyond 24 hours so it's worth every penny. Sorry for typing out an entire book basically what I'm trying to say is this stuff is AMAZING! Go buy yourself a bottle the ladies love it I get compliments every time I wear it.

Marciu

I have to say that the less I wear this sfuff the more I appreciate it. Sounds strange, but that's exactly what I mean! For instance, not long ago I wore it during my friend's wedding party. It was warm summer night. Honestly, I didn't expect to get so much compliments from girls! While we were dancing and than drinking and talking they said that they love how I smell and asked me what it is.

This sfuff is absolutely signature scent worthy!

And what I found a little strange, but amazing in the same time, that this time the lemon-candy phase lasted very long and morphed very slowly

So, all in all, it's another frag which I find as a masterpiece!

MrClements
MrClements

My very first gourmand. If I wanted to smell like a patisserie I'd rub a lemon tart in my face!

kirinie
kirinie

I picked up a little sample of the EDT out of curiosity, since I like a lot of the notes in this. I'm still not sure how I feel about it and I may do a more through review later, after wearing it a second time, but I received a compliment on it.

ETA: After wearing it a second time (and getting more compliments), I've determined that I quite like it on me. There was something in it that gave me a headache the first time I wore it, but the second time I enjoyed it the whole time. I'm not sure how long it lasted, since I ended up getting drenched in water before it faded on its own, but longetivity seemed decent. I'd say sillage is around arm length.

One more addition: Any time I wear this, I get compliments.

@Marciu: I think the EdT is lighter than the EdP but quite similar. However, at least to me, this may make all the difference! I obtained the EdP first and swapped it away, as it was overwhelming. The EdT, though, definitely does not have that quality. This is reasonably natural smelling but the notes are not especially distinct, which you may or may not like. Also, I have a very old bottle so for all I know it was reformulated at some point into something considerably different from what's on most store shelves these days. It is fairly unique, in my experience, and I don't see why it was't marketed as unisex. The major "flaw" to me, if I can say it possesses one, is that it can get a bit boring over time, as it doesn't change much once you get to the drydown and I don't find it to have a great deal of dynamism.

Marciu

Can anyone tell me the differences between EDT and EDP? I heard they're quite different from each other... I own EDP.

What I'd like to see/hear is: is EDT a lighter version of EDP or a different fragrance? Is EDT good to wear in summer/summer heat, 'cause EDP is too much to my nose for this season :(

Thank you, Martin.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I'm not a fan of this one at all; it smells like some food combination I wouldn't want to eat. (I should mention that I am not fond of gourmand scents - and this one doesn't convert me.) The notes are sort of an unharmonious mess - I get the feeling that perhaps the lavender is in the way, or is souring things.

I much prefer HiM.

Apocalyptos
Apocalyptos

For a long time I didn't know what to think. If I ever gave it a thought. Only to get a revelation one day of how beautiful this fragrance really is! Now I understand the phrase "love is blind".

It was this ruff day once. Was raining outside and got all wet and decided to go full-on cozy mode. Shower, dry wool socks and fill up the tea pot. Took a look in the fragrance shelf and went "Hm, what to pick..." and yes, I subconsciously looked at Hanna Mori when thinking out loud. So HM it had to be.

I remember just sitting down and suddenly getting all warm and fuzzy. The sweet warmth from the fragrance just wrapped around me. The room got a dark red tint, with a fireplace crackling away in the corner. Some subtle jazz tunes from a gramophone. It took me on a real dream story. I'm not going to analyze notes, longevity or anything. Sometimes you can just call it a magic potion...

FabulouslyFragrant
FabulouslyFragrant

First of all, when did this become unisex?? When it came out it was for Men. Once Hanae Mori Him came out it appears this one suddenly became unisex on this website. Not sure if this is a mistake by Fragrantica but I will research and I may edit later. With that being said, this is one of my favorites. I don't get much of a difference between the EDT and EDP versions. It opens as a very lemony scent which I like. I get mainly lemon and then vanilla throughout the lifetime of this one. Projection and sillage are above average. I can catch whiffs of this on myself 8+ hours after application (6 sprays). Not long ago, I considered this my undisputed favorite until Bogart Pour Homme came along...

kazewayz
kazewayz

I get compliments when I wear this. It's extremely sweet and floral. It's deffinetely unisex. A night scent. I get vanilla from this, sweet accords, also fresh. Not my favorite but I still enjoy it, girls dig it. Projects great, lasts a long time. Try it.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Hmm... I'm disappointed in this one. I really expected to like this one considering the notes and reviews. But this scent doesn't do anything for me...
It opens with citrus and soon after I get lavender and nutmeg, but it stops right there...
It doesn't develope into the floral heart, no Jasmine, no Iris, no Lily of the Valley, no Rose...
Absolutely no Tonka, no Vanilla, no Chocolate and no Amber...
Just... no nothing...
No longevity, no projection... it's gone within 30 minutes and even in these 30 minutes there is no projection.
After 30 minutes I am left with a very weak trail of nutmeg and moss.
I get no sweetness at all from this scent.

I was expacting so much from this one...
This is my biggest disappointment on a blind purchase ever.
Too bad... :(

Marciu

I've just received my 100 ml EDP. Hell yeah, that's the fragrance that I was looking for!

It opens on me like a sweet vanilla-lemon-fruit drop. And I like it, smells yummy! It lasts about 3 hours or so. Then, the flowers come in. Lots of flowers! I feel like I'm in a meadow full of flowers. Outstanding feeling. This lasts next 4 hours. Later on the fragrance is getting very warm and sweeter than before. Some say they feel chocolate in it. Well, I don't. But it doesn't matter that much.

Sillage and projection are very good, good EDP level. Longevity is also very good, but I'm still tersting it. Average time on my skin for HM is 8 hours(but usually more) - also very good.

Another one that I fell in love in from the first sniff(there aren't many frags like this in that case).
Superb!

uncannybuzzard
uncannybuzzard

this one took a while to grow on me. i smelled it initially in sephora and didn't buy it until my 3rd time back after that. smells like man-candy. it uses the george costanza method of getting in your head, then you find yourself compelled to buy it. i love it. very long lasting, subtle-ish, warm.

bcoops
bcoops

The scent is not for me but I must stay this excels in longevity/sillage/ projection depts... I wish I liked it
EDT version

kenney77

One word amazzzzzzing love this fragrance very sexy spicy different one of my faves had no idea that it's unisex I think men and women would love it

I agree with those who say that there is a note clash here that's not pleasant, and it's also a bit of a "blob"=like composition. Perhaps it is best when others smell it, rather than wearing it for your own olfactory edification. By contrast, the original version of Minotaure seems to get this kind of idea right. The creator of HM seems to want to accomplish three or four things, when just one is fine. Sample this one first !

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

Wow. I'm in love. I'm a woman with a soft spot for androgynous frags. This has worked out perfectly, perfect amount of masculinity and sweetness. Sillage is fantastic (and I only have the EDT). If I'm in the vicinity of the bottle I can smell it eminating in the air. Just love it so much.

FlexYoFace
FlexYoFace

Love this. Reminds me of the dry down in Burberry the beat for men. Except the beat is super dry and not sweet like this. Less cedar and moss in this. A better and smoother dry down than the beat. Not sure if there is pepper but it feels very peppery in the dry down with cedar and moss. A+

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

To me this is the Rube Goldberg of scents. A complex concoction meant to perform a simple task - to smell good. It's a combination of lemon, florals, gormands, and amber all taking turns throughout the course of the day. But none of them seem to blend well together to my nose.

This is more on the feminine side of unisex to me. But your mileage may vary.

steve0580
steve0580

Normally, I'm not a fan of fragrances that are highly aromatic but this one grew on me.

The initial spray is fresh, aromatic and citrusy and it works well together. I don't smell one note that is especially overpowering the others.

The aromatic part doesn't fade away but as it dries down you can smell a light powder with a hint of vanilla and chocolate. It must be my nose, because I don't pick up much of a woodsy scent.

The first day I wore it, I was getting compliments right off the bat.

It's wonderful, especially for the price you can get it at now.

bcire3k
bcire3k

Disgustingly sweet. Smells like melted lemon lollipops throughout the entire course. Not a safe blind buy, definitely give it a couple days wear. A no go for me

herreroph
herreroph

I like it much more in the drydown, vanilla plus

fresh_scents

I just bought the EDP of Hanae Mori HM today. My first bottle was given to someone as a birthday gift, because they professed to enjoy the fragrance so much from a sample. I still have my doubts about it since the joy of fragrances hasn't hit them the way it did me 11 months ago. I can't believe that I find myself looking down on those that have not arrived at my level of appreciation for fragrances. They just do not know what they're missing. Now I've become a fragrance snob. LOL!

Anyway, this new purchase of Hanae Mori HM fits very well into my overwhelmingly spicy, sweet, and gourmand flavored fragrances that predominate my collection. I was really prompted to buy, because my Givenchy Pi, L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Intense and YSL La Nuit L'Homme juice levels have gone way down. However, I have every intention of replacing them when the liquids run dry.

Hanae Mori HM is a universal fragrance for all ages and genders that is long lasting, affordably priced and is guaranteed to garner unsolicited compliments.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I got this cologne as a gift for Christmas and I LOVE it. A compliment getter every time I wear it. I did not know it was unisex until I read it here. I just love the way it smells on me, and it lasts a long time.

4moons
4moons

I don't have all that great of a nose but I love this. It just makes me happy to wear it.

wutanga13x
wutanga13x

Smells great but as a man it is a little too flowery for my taste.

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An EDP which has 3 stages, lasts a long time, is affordable and quite sexy..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 -3 mins - The 1st stage, which is a warm handsome chic burst of manly mid-mature blackcurrant with little citrus.

3 mins - 3 hours - 1 foot projection. The 2nd stage is the lemon which is now very strong and dominates- its sexy male, much younger now. I can't see how this is for a woman- its a sexy masculine scent with a semi-piercing lemon and quite invigorating

3 hours - 5 hours - 3 inch projection. The final stage - Oakmoss comes to the fore and it is incredibly intensive- it saturates the frag, which is now a very ash-smokey and quite mature scent.

5 hours - 8 hours - 1.5 inch projection. Intense ash-smoke oakmoss until the end.

8 -11 hours- Close to skin

Happy with my blind purchase.

Had a very nice compliment from my wife and it lasts well on clothes

Be careful with the sprayer- my bottle appears to spray double the amount of liquid in comparison to all my other bottles, so maybe go easy!

rzetzm
rzetzm

This is a great, confident, assertively-passive scent. It might be a wee more feminine than masculine, but it takes a brave man to confidently test said fragrances.

The scent is extremely floral and aromatic. But the scent dries down to something more woodsy and vanilla with dried flowers. It's complex and makes you want to take another wiff.

Big thumbs up. It's been nice randomly mixing up my signature scent. (L'eau D'Issey)

And being a huge fan of Bond No 9, gotta love the price. Isn't this what cologne used to cost...?

tjbrosch
tjbrosch

I love a cologne that lasts. I can still smell this cologne for hours after I've sprayed it on. Excellent!

Annica
Annica

HM EdT:
It starts out fresh, sweet and fruity, slightly more feminine than masculine in my opinion, but after about an hour the darker, woody scents step in. I have read that there´s chocolate in it but it´s not something that stands out on my skin. I don´t think you can go wrong with HM, whether you are male or female. Very good longevity on the skin and good sillage. Recommend that you spray carefully because it's quite strong and can become overwhelming. It´s a lovely fragrance that goes straight up to my want-list.

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

its not bad, but it smells completely feminine, and ive smelled more fun/ interesting creations.

dmhorton
dmhorton

This in one of my favorite smells in my collection right now. Its an amazing citrus scent that gives you a hint of the gourmand basenotes in its opening. I think that is why i gravitated towards this one so much. I had never experienced a "citrus gourmand" before and if someone had told me there was such a thing, i wouldnt have believed them. This lemon in this scent is nice in the summer but it truly shines in the winter due to the gourmand dry down that it has. I personally love this smell but i have to say that its worth a try, not an absolute drop everything and go pick it up. The reason being is the strange combination of notes is either a grand slam in the bottom of the 9th in the world series or a epic strike out with the bases loaded. This cologne does everything a great cologne is supposed to do, longevity is crazy, projection is awesome, scent (in my opinion) is great. If i had to give it a grade this one earns a B in my book.

WayneDN

I bought this cologne several months ago and after the first spray no matter where I went every girl I came in contact with asked me what I was wearing. I highly recommend this cologne. It is long lasting!

skysongz
skysongz

I can't decide if I like this one or not. Most definitely doesn't work with my skin chemistry, but first sniff on paper is a very unique lemon-mint. It most definitely has many layers of florals and vanilla underneath it, which gives it unusual character and depth as they weave in and out of each other. I like how it smells at first but it ends up all vanilla and amber at the end. The longevity is great if you love it from start-to-finish. I've been smelling this for 11 hrs now, but I only like the start so it's a no-go for me.

fresh_scents

This gourmand fragrance arrived today, and I had already tested HM before my purchase. On those workdays when I'm feeling particularly stressed, I'll simply spray from my decant to take me on an aromatherapy high.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

I had the EDT of this and it smell like lemon..NOT FRESH lemon but a minty dirty smokey lemon (like a mentholated lemon)..when it dried it smell like lemon in a cigarette ash tray...its an "ok" scent just not one of my favorites..im anxious to try the EDP version interested in smelling the chocolate note .

sempersurfer
sempersurfer

This is a scent that has grown on me. I tried it in the store first and was given a tester. When i sprayed it on a test strip i was surprised by a strong lemon.. (wouldn't even say citrus as it was all lemon and nothing but..)so i figured the scent would be linear and wasn't a fan. As soon as i left the store i smelled the strip and became intrigued but soon forgot about it as i was more focused on deciding weather or not to buy spice-bomb or not.
I got home and later that night sprayed the tester on my hand and loved.. and i mean loved the dry down. I get lemon cream pastry and if smell had a texture I'd say soft and warm, despite actually having sillage.At the time i still doubted it's sillage and staying power though. When i woke up in the morning (after spraying a single spray on the back of my hand) there was still a soft trace of vanilla and a hint of citrus left on my hand. This juice has a killer awesome vanilla lemon dry down that will make any critic a believer and keep the wearer coming back for more.
This scent got pushed back a bit as i wasn't sure of the sillage, and decided to order Pure Havane (due to the re-release) instead. Fast forward to today when i was at my local Rack and saw the large bottle of this frag on sale so i picked up a bottle at a steal and sprayed some on in the car. I went to the grocery store to pick up some things (2 hrs later and received a compliment from the checker!!

Buy or no buy??: Definitely a buy! it's a unique scent that doesn't really smell like anything out there. It's a Gourmand fragrance that teeters on the line of being a floral sweet scent, cut by citrus that prevents it from being to sweet or cloying.This scent appears to be( in this reviewers opinion) a masterfully blended scent that is soft,floral with notes of rose and vanilla, with a lemony citrus blast that resembles a lemon cream pastry.

Allinug
Allinug

Read reviews and did a blind buy. I am so disapointed. Chocolate and vanilla, oh that smells good I thought...and some how all I get is some simularity with Angel and I don't like Angel so this perfume is no keeper. On me it's no gourmand either...no more blind buys...

ericrico
ericrico

A non-typical, linear and chronological review for Hanae Mori HM, EdT. I wrote this as I took this out of the box and first applied.

First - a nice, tall proud flacon. Classy and chic.

I put two sprays on my inner wrists and 2 shots to the back of my hand, lightly rubbed in - I want to really get this. The tester bottle lists all the notes in French and English down the back of the bottle (here it is as written):

Lemon
Amber
Vanilla
Tonka Bean
Sandal Wood

Okay, definitely a wonderful fresh and vibrant lemony opening that integrates with the spearmint and lavender within 5-7 minutes. I love this opening, being totally honest! I can smell a freshness that is clean, yet breathing through is a slight touch of the florals to come and a bit of the oriental base (I smell vanilla, tonka bean and a touch of amber) - at 15 minutes or so. This is the pastry smell some mention - "a lemon creme puff pastry", or something to that effect. I can grasp that, but to me...this stays a bit lighter and not edible. It could be because I am not in a full wearing, so the effect could be more like that if this was on my neck, chest/shirt, etc.

While it is somewhat sweet and the brilliantly fresh and citrus, mint, lavender opening has mellowed - it doesn't get cloying. I have to say that the Blackcurrants come in somewhere around the notes of Jasmine and Iris at the top of the heart (right at the end of the opening). This isn't too sweet, but there is a noticeable near-gourmand quality at this stage, but the florals come in and really show the heart of this fragrance (fresh, yet powdery - very natural; organic & beautiful). It offers (as the French word is 'Cassis') a deep, rich earthy fruit note. Cassis is a note I know to the nose, ironically, from wine. It is not overly done here - this stays light in texture, "color" and aroma. I am not finding myself in the camp of pastry here - although the Jasmine and Iris both have powdery qualities, the Bulgarian Rose is not too loud (but smooth and harmonious), but a key note here along with the Lily of the Valley (green & a touch earthy). Very nice bouquet! The moss is not really a key note in this. To me, it is more like a green accord/undertone that comes with the florals (a splash of green in the bouquet to 'fill it out') - a little damp and something that helps bring the heart together. More of a "feel" than an actual note.

Vanilla showed first, but at this point (30-35 minutes), I actually get a bit more amber and tonka bean. The vanilla is there - but what I like is that it was used in moderation. As I've discussed before - vanilla, amber and even tonka bean can radiate through a scent (breathing up from the basenotes to the top even...a feeling of warmth throughout) - what I find interesting is that the floral heart really lasts well with these notes in a nice synergy (also all fixatives, in the oriental realm).

Last, and certainly not least - the key to why this composition does not get cloying in the base (45-50 minutes in) - the Sandalwood note! It is very well-defined and offers that creamy, smooth woodiness that only sandalwood can offer. I am getting a very nice warm, well-integrated base with the florals still wafting their scent through the base. I have to say that the moderate use of the amber, vanilla and tonka bean (and not too much of any one of those) allows the sandalwood to be more dominant. This is seriously good stuff.

No rating - just admiration. There was a point where I thought it may overly-sweeten and go into gourmand territory, but on my skin...I get a nice oriental base (no chocolate for me) with nice woods and singing light florals. The rose actually peeks through and blooms even more at the 1 hour mark.

Definitely a very, very good buy. Nothing like it in my collection. I asked my wife what she thought of it - she really liked it! "A bit sweet, but that's really nice!" And, because human body chemistry is different - I sprayed two shots on my younger son's neck. It smells deeper and yet, more floral and spicier on him. I applied it just 15-20 minutes after I sprayed my wrists and hand. I do notice that the inside of my wrists are deeper too - the back of my hand is taking longer to develop and evolve (which is why I always wear scent there). Plus, the projection from the backs of your hands really radiates and shows the scent...

Very good, indeed. Invigorating. A beam of radiant sunshine in a bottle. Recommended - for those who want to add a splash of decadent light into their wardrobe.

**Please note - that this was written in real-time as a "virtual review" - typing, sniffing, pausing, and typing more as I went.

Cheers.

eddie1ed
eddie1ed

This is a great fragrance...
Its a gourmand but not your run in the mill, like angel men this has a lemon and chocolate vibe to it.
it opens with a brief chocolate feel to it, then smoothly transitions in to a lemon citrus
later on in the fragrance it moves into a flora kind of feel to it (may not like if you don't like floral)
the dry down consist of a vinnila smell with a hint of chocolate... my favorite part :)

It project extreamly well
last about 8hrs

If your a fan of vanilla, lemon and chocolate then go buy this!

Great fragrance for the price!

johngreenink
johngreenink

The gently frosted white bottle betrays the incredible richness within. (I'm using the Eau de Parfum for my thoughts here...) This is a full gourmand, almost busting at the seams with delicious and warming notes. The scent varies a lot based on temperature, time of day, even mood (I think). It can take on dark notes like coffee and hazelnut, and then appear very flowery with rose taking center. It's rich enough to almost be sticky and sweet, but this mellows down in the center. It leaves an amazing trace on clothing after you've worn it all day.

The dry down is the best part of HM - If you're a bit off-put by the loud opening sweetness, just give it a try for a few hours. Lots of wood comes in at the end that put a nice round bottom to the experience.

HM might not be for everyone (particularly if you don't like gourmand scents) but it is a classic and ground-breaking scent that has pushed some boundaries by reintroducing the 'powerhouse' fragrance back to our scents of the 20th century. Definitely give this one a try.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

This is the nicest gourmand for men in existence. It is more sumptuous and complex than any other. It's a take-and-spray for city-walking, daytime, evening, almost any event, any season... Just don't overdo.

fresh_scents

The sales associate suggested an edp spray to my arm of Hanae Mori men. I didn't buy it but during the rush hour drive home I couldn't stop smelling my arm. Believe me, this fragrance calmed me down and put a smile on my face. Aroma therapy for me.

keffy
keffy

This is like a floral gourmand that has a vanilla and chocolate dry down. I have the EDP, this thing has power, it lasts all day on anybody at all, ur girl will love this and it can also be used as a unisex, remember,take it easy on the trigger because the sillage and longevity goes all day long, if you dont like floral notes then this one is not for you at all.

Valleboi_a1a
Valleboi_a1a

it was one of my top 5 but now give me headache ..

Nostrille
Nostrille

Vacillating between woody, powder, and gourmand I felt very pleasant wearing this aroma. There is a lemon verbina-esque opening, which takes a while to die, and a large chocolate bosom that distracts from the rest most of the time. A rather deep woody smell is hidden underneath a powdery skirt, cant ever get a clear peep. My wife loved this smell on me, but I felt to tame in it, the sugar was also driving me mad.

stayclose
stayclose

Holy sweet frag batman. This stuff smells fruity pasteries. Very yummi. All kidding aside I think I've smelled this before on someone somewhere. Its pleasent and unisex for sure. To me hmfm opens sweet like candy with some citrus and fruit. The black curant mixing with the iris could be giving it that chocolate smell but I am not sure. The heart and the base keep that fresh sweet theme going while the flowers (jasmine, rose, lily...) pop in and out. If you like sweet unisex frags like dior homme arpege for men you will probably like this. If you don't then this one will disapoint.

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

Is this better than issey miyake l'eau bleue d'issey? which is the better choice?

biggerm82
biggerm82

EDT: This one is great. At first sniff, I really didn't care for it. I'm not a big fan of florals, but iris is my favorite note (?), so it must be one of the many other florals that turned me off to it. However, it really, really grew on me. I ordered a little sample and burned right through it. Before I knew it, I was in love and I had a 100ml bottle on the way. I will say the florals DO make it quite femanine, but it smells great, so who cares? The citrus is well balanced. After the initial candy lemon, the muted florals and vanilla kind of mask everything that jumps out at the beginning. It turns out to be one solid lemon cream tart scent. It is linear, but that's a good thing for this one. I think this is kind of what Dior Homme Sport should have smelled like (I know they FINALLY added iris to DHS, this year. I haven't smelled that one yet). The bottle is beautiful, you can get it cheap, it will last you through a work day and you'll get compliments galore. Very simple (not too simple), pleasing scent. It's a win for me.

Longevity = 8 Hours
Projection = 8/10

StargazySkye
StargazySkye

I love this fragrance. I don't know any men who use it, but I enjoy it. I am female. I especially love spraying my hair, which is below shoulder length. When I turn or the wind blows I get a whiff of the current fragrance. Because of the variety of scents included, the overall impact changes all day. I like to blend fragrances and change it sometimes with Clinique Happy or D&G Light Blue. Especially appropriate for spring & summer. I get compliments all the time from men and women.

soned
soned

EDT review, have not tested the EDP.

This is a very unique scent, can't compare it with anything else I have smelled in my 32 years of using perfumes. Is fresh, but not really, and it's oriental, but not really either.

It starts with a very intense and sweet, candy like, citrus. Don't like those first 15 minutes at all. Then it becomes a little bit flowery, with the citrus still there, but coming down in intensity. After a few more hours, I can smell the vanilla, mixed with a little bit of woods, and the citrus still there on the background.

I have no idea where the rest of the notes are, that is all I can smell. Again, very unique and people around you will like it, without a doubt, most of the time, because they have never smelled something like it.

Unisex......you bet!

brandonnn
brandonnn

So i bought this a while back because i kind of liked it was nothing like anything i have smelt before but the more i have it the more i find it for an older man and its not meant for girls my age to like it im 23 so my advice if youre around my age, get a tester because it is expensive, but maybe I just cant pull it off lol wouldnt be the first cologne hahah

Mizz-Coco
Mizz-Coco

I'M IN LOVE!! This is definitely unisex, especially the edp though I prefer the toned down sweetness of the edt. My husband loves this stuff and I love it on him so much I spray some on to remind me of him. It also smells so deliciously fresh and oriental at the same time so it works well in any season (edt). Surprisingly, this turns out much more differently on my skin than on his with the citrus being less sharp and the vanilla/chocolate notes dominating fairly quickly after I've sprayed it on...overall I would say I get a creamy amber effect with this one. It's very delicious without being cloying and I would say I prefer this to HM Butterfly, which just smells like marshmallows on me. This will definitely be my signature night fragrance, Cerruti 1881 pour femme being my day signature.

andy
andy

it is a very nice fresh gormorand chocolate fragrance with just the right amount of fresh citrus and florals to keep it from being strictly night time oriented like many others, while the sweet candyness and warmth gives it a little more of a kick that most citrus and fresh daytime frags dont have and making it a masterpiece.

This is truly a panty dropper scent and really has a tremendous amount of appeal with LOTS of people and its a total sleeper cologne. i just got it and the spritzer works well, the scent is a powdery semi chocolate deep aroma that travels well and gives GREAT sillage without being too over powering

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

@ pure Dreamer I felt the same way when I purchased it I fell in love with our tester in out store, but when I got my new 'fresh' bottle it just didn't smell the same to me, I think this smells better when it actually ages & oxidates a bit, I absolutely love this scent though && I receive so many compliments Not a whole lot of people know/wear it so that's why I tend to love it more I suppose && its perfect for whenever && projection && longevity is fantastic last for hours, one of my favs!! :)

dmoman
dmoman

The toielet version: this smells great and this could do well for all seasons on day or night because Its somewhat transparent..big plus if you r a gormant lover. Sweet lemon at start and heart then at the base it seems to pick up strength on projection with its lemon and powdery scent. Yes it will last for 8 hours or more.

The parfum version: good for all season except for summer day and hot nights. However its very simular to its toielet version but it has some chocolate in it. This will last 10 plus hours.

Well this somewhat reminds me of dior homme and Dior homme intense but more versitale but the Dior is better in colder days...but this holds its own in the cold. It is actually a worthy signature scent.

thekidfrankieuk
thekidfrankieuk

ive been wearing the EDP for a couple months now and love it. Starts off lemony and slowly turns into a lemony vanilla smell with a small hint of chocolate. To me this can be worn any time of year day or night but if your gonna wear it in the heat make sure you dont spray too much because the EDP is pretty heavy. Nobody really wears this so thats a major plus to me. Lasts me 8-12 hours and projects great ;)

dukeofscent
dukeofscent

Who is the jackass that compared this to Drakkar Noir. I grew up on Drakkar Noir. I know the scent inside and out. Hanae Mori is NOT Drakkar Noir. Hanae Mori is a lady killer. Drakkar Noir WAS a lady killer in the 90s, NOT today.

Roqfort
Roqfort

Great light gourmand scent with huge projection and longevity. Litlle bit floral, sweet and sexy.
You can use it even on the summer time...

Barolo
Barolo

If Papa Bear's cologne is too strong and Mama Bear's is too weak, Hanae Mori's is just right.

Just smooth.

One of the very few that last on me and stays consistent for hours.

Not a must have or a no way... A good office scent.

UPDATE: I sprayed a squirt of this on the back of my hand at 153am. It's now 453pm, so 14 hours, and I can still smell it and it's smells just like it did when I first put it on.

Odiee99
Odiee99

This is lemony, minty, chocolaty, lovely! The mint combines with the lemon pastry smell with a little bit of chocolate to create a beautiful opening. Later on the chocolate will become a little more prominent but the lemon will persist throughout the fragrance.

I have the EDP version so I don't know if it differs from the EDT. I cancelled my order for this on Amazon due to people saying it's too sweet,because I have a lot of sweet frags already. But the cancel never went through and it ended up shipping. I can say that I'm pleased that it shipped because this is a lovely fragrance. The EDP did not come off as too sweet to me.

I can see some people not wanting this because it's not a manly scent at all. A female could definitely pull this off. At $12.50 for the 1.0Z EDP it's more than worth it.

frankstagangsta
frankstagangsta

Comes in a really classy bottle that just looks great.Great lemon meringe cake smell with hints of chocolate. slightly above moderate projection, awesome longevity (10 hours minimum) and great silage. Overall 8 out of 10

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

i wanted to like this, as it was recommended to me by someone with great taste. but i really do not. it smells like so many other scents from the late 90s. i find that it's "trying too hard" in the sense of tossing everything but the kitchen sink into it. the top notes were cloying. i found the drydown fairly linear, which was interesting. there's something just too powdery and floral for me to call this a men's scent.

gonna wash it off and put something else on. maybe some profumum fumidus - which would be just about "the opposite of" this scent ;-) .

AlexVEA
AlexVEA

My initial reaction was...Horrible, but the more i amelled it the more I liked it. And now...its one of my favorites. I was never into heavy powdery sweet colognes, but something about it has an X factor to me. I love the smell of a black current, as well of sandelwood...both very potent and destinctive, but pleasant, go figure right? I find it very uniques and very different from a lot of other fragrances for men. It just pops! I like the idea that if I didnt see the bottle and just simply smelled it, I would of known from the get-go that its hanae mori...its just so weirdly different!

kenney77

my top fav i love this cologne its very different love the sweetness in it love the opening wish it was not so expensive lasts a long time 10/10

apostle
apostle

This is my all time favorite...as close to number one as you can get...there are a couple that I like just as much as this...BUT this is one awesome fragrance...the Eau de Parfum obviously lasts longer...but this still a beautiful fragrance...just smells RIGHT!

Akahina
Akahina

I have sampled and worn this several times (both the edt and the edp) and I now feel like I know this well enough to review this.

I love the top notes, which initially seem to be lemon and some sort of wood to my nose (inexperience here), but it must be the mint and black current that modifies the lemon because it does not smell that lemony to me. A lovely start that lasts quite some time for me.

As this fragrance dries down it become lusciously complex. The top notes do not disappear for me completely but are complemented by lily of the valley, jasmine and rose. Very floral. As this progresses over the hours more notes are added but the top notes never really leave, they just become weaker and remain in the composition. In the end this adds vanilla, tonka bean and musk. Sorry, I don't smell chocolate at all!

I personally find that the edt is just fine and my preference between the two. The silage is great and longevity is at least 8 hours for me, and to be honest more like 10-12 hours. If you need a little spray to add to a weaker scent after 10 hours, what's the big deal? Excellent. The edp had about the same smell for me but seems a lot closer to the skin with less silage. I choose the edt which is rare for me.

This can be had very cheaply online if you do a quick search. Just buy it if you like floral scents for men. You will not regret this at a low price, that's for sure.

Oh, women can use this too. Why this is marketed to men and why Tom Ford's Black Orchid is marketed to women is a mystery to me. Both are unisex.

EDIT: This is rapidly becoming my favorite scent...

Michael 53
Michael 53

Excellent cologne! The opening reminds me of Dior Homme. Longevity is excellent, dry down smooth. Day one and I’m already getting complements.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

The intitial spray for me was a lemony mint. A softer and fresher citrus accord, which I now gather is all the florals and that blackcurrant note.
I picked the middle to have tobacco, leather or coffee. I got a definite vanilla and chocolate accord in the base but didnt pick the tonka bean, as he scent wasn't heavy. My girlfriend got musk which i suppose was the oakmoss, but i got a slight mucky note there.
Overall the scent was very pleasant to wear.
Gourmands tend to be sickly and heavy, very dominating, HM wasn't sickly, but prestige and elegant. The floral body of the scent wasn't noticeable as flora, but contributed strongly for a softer side to a fragrance, so not to let this scent be alienating and overpowering.
The longevity was fine to me. Im cmelling it on my shirt now, which I always love about a fragrance.

Hanae Mori is in the same field as Black XS, 1million, though not as strong, or Code and Attitude, in that whole floral gourmand area. I say if you like these fragrances, you cant go wrong with Hanae Mori

The Brain
The Brain

I love this scent, like I love cooked food!
Longevity is 12 hours + on my skin and it smell nice.

If you like gourmand scents then this is a must for your collection.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I think FragranceEnthusiast hit this one right on the head in his review. This smell like a lemon pastry that someone added chocolate chips to while drinking a vanilla shake. You get all three of those scents. It isn't a very sharp lemon, it is like a lemon cake or a lemon pastry or a lemon muffin. The lemon stays throughout but the citrus begins to move in the back while the gourmandish characteristics being to take center stage (about 3 hours in maybe).

It is a gourmand but a hybrid one probably one of the most unique scents I have smelled to date. Fairly unisex but no one will say it is too feminine nor too masculine, if it set out to highlight all of the notes it did it well, if it set out to be a unisex fragrance it accomplished it and if it set out to be a non offensive, mature scent it accomplished it (especially for a gourmand). It can be worn any time of the year I believe in any setting. It can be romantic and professional but I would avoid an interview. I also wouldn't wear it to a beach or walking in the 90 degree weather, but other than that it can be a great office scent, a great club scent and can be worn by both sexes and garner some attention.

Markx
Markx

THE SMELL OF A HANDSOME DANGEROUS SAMURAI IN AN EPIC FAIRY TALE FROM THE FAR FAR EAST. The opening is beautiful and the drydown is romantic, I have both the EdT and the EdP versions and I love them both equally, I love the BlackCurrant in this perfume. One of the best Gourmands ever period.

FragranceEnthusiast
FragranceEnthusiast

This fragrance evokes a lemon infused chocolate cake concoction that is very upfront with the lemon giving it freshness. The chocolate comes to the forefront, when the lemony zest evaporates away, and creates a quite upscale sophistocated gourmand. I am going to debut the have, hold, or heave system. I will say for most people this would be a hold on and wait till you test it out yourself sent. Do not feel you have to blind by this, which would be a catastrophic mistake.

Longevity 85%
Projection: 85%
Uniqueness: 95%
Versatility: 50%
Scent: 80%
OVERALL: 79%

I am between love and like, but I tend to love it more that like!

In my opinion, this HM is the Rochas Man infused with L'Eay Issey Miyake Homme. It's sweet and fresh scent. It has both cool and warm elements; depending on how you see it or when you wear it. It's quite nice tho, and it's not that sweet! My Blue Sugar is way sweeter.

diorshowman
diorshowman

After wearing it a bit more, my feeling for this fragrance has changed quite a bit. I actually do not see this as a gourmand any more. The only gourmand aspect of this scent is that "candied-lemon" that you get in the beginning. That is the only sweetness this fragrance gives off. I do not get the vanilla or that supposed chocolate that some claim is in this. Basically when you first spray this on, you get the sweet lemon...and as that sweet lemon progresses, it just gets more dull and sour the longer you have this on.

Longevity:B-
Projection:B-
Uniqueness:B
Versatility:B
OVERALL: B-

ninja_shy
ninja_shy

I'm a female and I recently bought a bottle of this for cheap. The initial scent is very fruity and girly, I didn't detect any lemon. After 5 mins on me, the fruity scent completely dissipates and skips right to the dry down. The dry down wears very close to the skin and the woody smell really comes through with a slight sweetness. The dry down definitely have the masculine scent to it, but I would have to put my nose right against my skin to detect the EDP. Didn't detect any chocolate..maybe a little vanilla. It has great longevity but there's no projection. Seems like my skin just absorbs and neutralizes this perfume.

rezalon
rezalon

tried a sample of this at nordstroms years ago and really liked it. forgot about it and then received a gift of the edt last year. love the vanilla/cocoa notes. not too sweet like givenchy pi or jean paul gaultier (although these are nice fragrances in their own right. has become my favorite men's fragrance. my wife has the women's strawberry/vanilla notes which really complement the men's version when we go out. longevity is great 5-6 hours at least (and this is with the edt). great men's fragrance

guest_guest snoopy
guest_guest snoopy

lemon,chocolate,way too sweet.I regret buying this.smells good at first but thats all.

★EDP REVIEW★

Flows a lot smoother. Less fun, more sensual and the sillage trail is magnetic. This has the strength of an Elixir de Parfum. ONE spray will last you all day. God forbid there's an aftershave to this, because it really is not necessary... not for layering anyway. Richer, deeper, darker, therefore more intense. HM EDT maintains it's masculine strength in the dry-down, and the EDP is welcoming to both genders as a unisex fragrance.

UPDATE: 9:00 AM next day, still detectable.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This is a great smelling cologne. We all have are taste and what works for us & this so happens to work with my body chemistry. I find it perfect for elegant evenings and romantic venues. It puts you in that mode. I have yet to receive a negative compliment when wearing this gem, Longevity is around 5-6 hours, for the EDT. However, I own the EDP & I get 8-10 or so! Silage is medium. I find the EDP to be more rounded & smooth than the EDT! Also it last longer & you can detect the notes more with the EDP! Over all I give it a 8 out of 10

ArkangeL

Although the citrus stated here is "lemon," it comes off more like orange to me. So with that said, you know those chocolate covered orange slices? Imagine that right? Now dip it in vanilla cream, spice it up with some woods and heavy florals such as Rose and Jasmine. Then add the serenity of lavender and uplifts of iris, layered with amber. Now you have HM. This is my update, and I've decided I really like this.

★★★★☆

ArkangeL

Had to give the previous reviewer a thumbs up, because I can relate. "Is it too sweet? Too femme? Cloying or Candy-like?" This is my 2nd time trying to get a feel for HM, but I STILL have mixed feelings about it. Is it the Parfum for men that's getting the positive reviews? Or is it the toilette? This is Hanae Mori for Women's big feminine brother. Maybe it is going to take the Winter season to really make this bloom. The citrus can be vexing in the introduction, but dissipates so its not sharply noticed. HM stays with you, and that's one thing I can say I appreciate about it. You can leave in the morning, and still detect it on yourself in the evening without trying.

ausamamira
ausamamira

i had mixed feelings upon first application: is it strong? is it fiminine? whats this harsh dusty note at the begginig? ...i decided to give it a chance and try it multiple times...i find it powdery-spicy-vanilly and lightly sweet...it is a masculine feminine fragrance... i currently enjoy it so much that it is in my top list.... i got many positive comliments wearing it....
Edit: by the way, i discovered i have the EDP version, and didnt try the EDT one!

BIG
BIG

EDP review: lemon and lavender open this composition and they linger on for quite a while. the flower notes open up slowly, yet i can't tell them separately. the vanilla note shines through and through, but i can't detect any chocolate note, yet!
2 hours later vanilla-lemon powdery scent rests on my wrist and in all honesty it gives my a terrible headache.

ariffazil
ariffazil

Hanae Mori is a perfect perfume for winter season when the coldness of snow combine with the chocolate note and vanilla. I must admit that the citrus note is not so strong but this is a right perfume for a casual wear. I gave this 8.9/10.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Picked up a sample at Bloomies (EDT) a few months back and it got stuck in my draw for a short hybernation. Upon its Spring awakining, I gave it a try out and really enjoyed the initial spritz but then it seemed to lose me. The citrus (sucker for) note initailly grabbed my attention with its pleasant chocolate base which keeped my interest but with each subsequent wear it wore its welcome right out! Not sure where things went wrong. Believed I might have a new one for Spring but alas it was not to be, so... it's off to the samples! Will try to revist at a later date and see if it can win me over.

crestfallen
crestfallen

This is a very nice smelling cologne. It was between this and Rochas Man, and Rochas smelled so damn sweet it gave me a headache. HM is sweet too but the woody,almost incense like notes balance out the sweetness and make it sexy.

ALSO, if anyone has smelled "Bone Daddy" cologne from the Nightmare before Christmas, this smells almost exactly like it. Crazy bc that stuff is like $20 a bottle, and sells in Hot Topic.

lilinah
lilinah

I am female, and i asked for a free sample of this in an order for something else.

It develops from briefly citrus (fortunately) to briefly lavender to floral woody chocolate and vanilla. It has a sweetness, but it is definitely masculine. And as it develops the woods become stronger.

It is not annoyingly gourmand, it doesn't smell like candy, nor does it smell like a dozen other stereotypically masculine fragrances with their citrus bombast and excesses of artificial aquatic/ozonic chemicals.

I will see how this smells on my friend, and if he doesn't like it, i think i may wear this myself :)

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

A very unique gourmand fragrance. The opening is a very fresh lemon and black currant. After about 20 minutes you get a vanilla/chocolate vibe. Beautiful frosted glass and silver cap with the HM print. One of my favorite fragrances

PuddleMonkey

I get the most compliments with this and Canali Black Diamond.

One of my favorites!

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

This is a fragrace I am come to enjoy both on myself and on others. I like how it will captivate you every once in a while with a citrus note and throw you into a world of spices.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hanae Mori HM fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Hanae Mori HM, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify HM by Hanae Mori. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of HM by Hanae Mori represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.