Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

Hanae Mori Hanae Mori for women
dislike

I have it: 1184 I had it: 412 I want it: 710 My signature: 44

yellow floral
Hanae Mori Hanae Mori for women Pictures Hanae Mori Hanae Mori for women Pictures Hanae Mori Hanae Mori for women Pictures Hanae Mori Hanae Mori for women Pictures Hanae Mori Hanae Mori for women Pictures Hanae Mori Hanae Mori for women Pictures Hanae Mori Hanae Mori for women Pictures Hanae Mori Hanae Mori for women Pictures Hanae Mori Hanae Mori for women Pictures

Hanae Mori by Hanae Mori is a Oriental fragrance for women. Hanae Mori was launched in 1995. The nose behind this fragrance is Bernard Ellena. Top notes are black currant, wild strawberry, blackberry and blueberry; middle notes are jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose and peony; base notes are sandalwood, virginia cedar, brazilian rosewood and almond tree.

Black Currant Wild Strawberry Blackberry Blueberry

Macadam

Hanae Mori Fragrance Reviews

Cyntillate
Cyntillate

I bought a bottle of this for myself last year for Mother's Day. That kind of says it all. For me this is Mother's Day in a bottle : )

BlueSiren
BlueSiren

Hanae Mori describes the epitome of femininity as well as the graceful aging that follows. It is my signature.

Hanae Mori EdT is soft, feminine, just sweet enough, "balanced." I can see myself wearing this in any situation. It's romantic, casual, professional, etc. It's all about how much you wear, how you dress, and how you hold yourself.

I have a sensitive nose, in the sense that I pick up on all the "wrong"/discordant notes, not that I can discern between two notes. All the gourmands I have sniffed thus far has been excessively cloying or very in-the-face. Not so with HM. It's perfect. Any more sweetness and I wouldn't wear it.

Also, there is absolutely no patchouli in this. I would know, since I abhor patchouli.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

As Queen of the Sweets/Gourmands, it was only a matter of time before I blind bought Hanae Mori. It's lovely, soft, long lasting, vanilla.... but nothing to write home about.

The opening IS weird... it's sour and strange. I can't even pinpoint the fruit notes, it's just harsh and weird. However, it lasts just a few minutes before the soft vanilla steps in. NOW, I realize that vanilla is not a note in this... which goes to show how well made, blended, quality, and complex this perfume is. BUT... in the end-- it still smells like vanilla, and very much like Vanilla Fields. But, I know I have on a very expensive, quality perfume-- so that beats cheap Vanilla Fields any day.

I am also in winter. So my review is for winter use.

It lasts and lasts... esp on clothes. Clothes on my body smell different than my pillow when I mist it with HM. Prob due to chemistry.

This is NOT A huge silage bomb, it's not cloying... it does last a long time, with a nice cloud of soft, inoffensive scent. I don't think people around you will mind you wearing this to the office. It's not a sexy perfume by any means, but soooo comforting, soft, foodie...
And it also works great layering. I found that after wearing HM all day, a spray or two of Oriens (Van Cleef and Arpels) is divine! Now today, I did mostly Oriens with one HM spray. :)

Upon a deep whiff of this.... closing my eyes... I do detect the notes and how they resemble vanilla... the lovely sweet almond, the strawberry, etc... but honestly... at the end of the day... it's a lovely quality vanilla that is just pleasing.

I have the EDP and the Parfum. Both are exactly the same IMO. I have not tried the EDT. While I recommend this perfume, get it cheap from ebay or an outlet. Retail price for this is waaay not worth it. :(

Eos
Eos

Somewhere along the way, I acquired a manufacturer's sample of Hanae Mori. This morning I found it, neglected and unused, in my travel makeup bag and decided to give it a good testing.

Upon first spray I immediately remembered why I have never tested it on my skin in a store: the black currant opening. Oh my goodness. I realize I am in the minority with opinion but all black currant notes smell intensely indolic to my nose and this opening and first hour is exactly the same. What I thought I was smelling was an intense mixture of black currant, grapefruit, indolic jasmine and peony.

After resisting the urge to scrub for the first hour of wear time, this finally settled down into a sort of softly woody, sweet fruity floral. To my nose: a mixture of peony, sugared sandalwood and perhaps a bit of strawberry. Towards the very end of the wear time I got the olfactory illusion of a vanilla note in the sillage.

On the plus side, this has very good longevity and projection. There was detectable sillage for almost 8 hours.

Final verdict: If you like black currants you probably won't have an issue with the opening. People's perceptions of black currant seems to be a bit like cilantro: its either very appealing to you or almost horrific. To this end, I think that others will either like or dislike this perfume depending on how this note wears on them and to their nose. It's a pass for me.

luna rebel
luna rebel

I had a bottle of Hanae Mori, but ended up swapping it. To me, Hanae Mori has a note in it which makes it go very harsh on my skin. I'm not sure what it is, but it resembles insect repellent. It smells rather artificial. Without this note, Hanae Mori would be a nice fruity strawberry vanilla. Another thing, Hanae Mori is rather quiet and does not seem to last very long on my skin.

As for the comparisons to Casmir, I find Casmir to be much more pleasant and wearable. It does not have the chemical note which is prominent in Hanae Mori and is spicier and sweeter. Casmir is also more complicated, projects better, lasts longer and has gotten me more compliments. Between Hanae Mori and Casmir, Casmir is the clear winner for me.

MissRen02

This one smells like soft vanilla to me. I used to think that it was very linear, almost too straightforward vanilla. It made me wonder why I needed a $99 perfume to smell like vanilla, you can get that anywhere. But I do appreciate the simplicity, which can be very classy and feminine and refreshing. The way Chloe is, kind of one-note, but still chic in its own way. Now that I have received my own Bottle, I can say I do detect soft berrries in the heart and a ceaminess. A little powder. An easy-going, comforting fragrance. Vanilla cupcake more than anything else, though. The "red butterfly" which is the parfum, is by far the best. Don't bother with the eau de toilette. I wouldn't even consider this a gourmand, sweet though it is, because I consider must gourmands to be much more heady than this. Its just a youthful, girly, soft, vanilla-and-berries perfume. The quality appears in its staying power, if you get a cheaper vanilla fragrance, like jessica simpson signature or fancy love, it doesnt last the hour....this edp or parfum starts with you and projects. A solid buy.... and from my experience, men really love the soft, sweetness of this scent and others like it.

jana.hullinghorst

I have combined this fragrance edt, with a couple spritzes of Fresh Cannabis Santal. oh so nice! I highly suggest adding a little patchouli/choco scent to Hanae Mori, it adds a really nice spicy element to the sweet creaminess.

Scentasticme
Scentasticme

I love this fragrance. It's so playful yet very sexy. At first you get the playful strawberry vanilla notes and as it settles it becomes the prettiest powdery floral with just enough sweetness as to not make it so serious. Something about this fragrance feels good and comforting. It feels easy to wear but also interesting . I can see why this is a very popular scent all over the world.

MsYvette
MsYvette

Hanae Mori EDP is a sweet gourmand that smells like berries, almonds, and sweet cream. Though the florals only play a small part of this show, they are essential to taking down the overly-saccharine fruity notes and creating the pleasant and creamy dry down.

I'll be frank and say that I hate the opening notes. The sharpness from the strawberries and currant wacks me in the face and makes my mouth crave for water to rinse out the syrupy sweetness. But after a few minutes, it evolves into a creamy, comforting, and satisfying dry down that instantly takes me back to the happy times when my mother and I used to walk to the local bakery and took bites of some delicious fruit tarts. Hanae Mori would have been too cloying, had it not been for the presence of the woods and florals.

In my opinion, Hanae Mori lacks sex appeal; it's not something you would wear on a hot date or to the club. But Hanae Mori is feminine, uplifting, innocent, and comforting. It is well formulated and can last for hours. Furthermore, it is one of the few fruity gourmands that is sophisticated and suitable for a grown woman, not a dimwitted, juvenile princess. The brash top notes are preventing me from purchasing my own bottle, but anyone who loves fruity gourmands certainly should give this a try.

perfumeloverforever
perfumeloverforever

I really like this pretty feminine perfume. It actually reminds me of good old fashioned Turkish delight. I think it would have a lot to do with the rose. I smell rose more than anything in the dry down. This is like a lighter version of Casmir, which is also very nice. Casmir is more spicy and vanillic.

risarii
risarii

I found a rollerball of this that I had forgotten I owned.
It's very beautiful. Sweet but in a soft way, delicious berries and vanilla (although I know there's no vanilla.)
It's soft, creamy and comforting. Very feminine, like a soft fuzzy scarf in the winter. It's really a masterpiece of the gourmand genre (I don't consider this Oriental) and perfect for every day and any season, but best for those cold winter days and nights. :)

Although this is perfect in every way, something keeps it from becoming a signature. Maybe it's not "complex" enough for me. Anyway, I'm certainly happy to have this in my collection. I will most likely be buying a full bottle once I use up the rollerball.

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

Vanilla berries. Gorgeous and sexy scent. I've had my EDT for over 8 years and I'm surprised it hasn't turned. It's a darker juice but still smells wonderful. I just purchased the pure parfum and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I haven't reached for it in quite some time but I've been wearing this all week.

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

Nice vanilla at first. Then dries into a too spicy, too intimate, sandalwood soap on skin smell. Not for me.
I gotta disagree with the comparisons to Miranda and Casmir. I wore and liked both of those, but I really, really don't like how Hanae Mori turns out on my skin. I bet it is better on other people.

Eden Street
Eden Street

With the toilette version, I feel that Hanae Mori is the kind of scent you would think of while thinking of pearls, pink roses and pretty dresses. I think it's quite cute in the way that at first whiff you think "oh it's vanilla!" but after a good few moments you realize it's very similar but actually made up of an array of entirely different notes. It's very soft and pretty, even delicate in my opinion. It starts off with a very loud burst of strawberry and sandalwood before drying down to reveal it's more floral notes. The overall effect is a very creamy scent very close to vanilla yet still a little bit cheeky in the way it goes "haha, Vanilla? just kidding!" when you look at the pyramid.

Overall, I think it's an absolutely lovely scent. Very feminine and safe, to the point where I can understand why some might even find it boring. It can be easy dismiss Hanae Mori, because it's not a very loud perfume nor a ground breaking, arm twisting, body shaking new formula. It could easily be a signature scent or just a nice scent to spritz on when one is just feeling girly. In the end, Hanae Mori is a nice one to have in your collection; as a safe "I smell good" scent or as a signature.

happycapybara
happycapybara

This reminds me of the strawberry shortcake dolls my sister and I used to play with when we were kids. Of course it is more complex than that, with the lovely sandalwood and heavy dose of creamy, beautiful almond. I have the Eau de Toilette, and it has respectable longevity and silage on my skin. It is welcoming and sweet. I find it is also a great layering scent. If the scent Hanae Mori were a dress, she would be a fluffy, strapless, bubble skirt mini, white with pastel polka dots, done in paillette sequins... whimsically perfect in every way.

JizzJuice
JizzJuice

Love this frag and how all of its components come together. My only complaint is that it doesn't last long enough on my skin. Turns into a skin scent within an hour. I will use my stash until it's gone, and that'll probably be it.

Kristinb64
Kristinb64

I personally really like this! I have the EDP. When I first started wearing it, I knew it reminded me of something, but it has taken me some time to figure out what. I just figured it out today. I once had a body spray from Aerie called Apricot & Sugar Cane, and Hanae Mori smells just like it to me. I know Aerie sprayed this body mist in their stores at one point. I always loved the smell while shopping in there, and finally asked an employee what the smell was, which led me to buying the body mist.

Anyway, if you know what that spray smells like, it is almost identical to Hanae Mori. At least as far as I remember! It is unique, pretty, and uplifting. I also find it very comforting, without smelling like food or a bakery. My only complaint is that I can't get it to last on me. Regardless, I still like it quite a bit! It is inviting and people will wonder what you're wearing.

mooglebuns
mooglebuns

The first time I tried this perfume I must have exhausted my nose from over sniffing because all I could smell was vanilla, not too far off from the vanilla of vanilla feilds. Oh was I wrong.

Now that I have sat down and spent some time with this perfume the opening smells like light blueberries, strawberries and sandalwood. It's quite beautiful. They do give off a vanilla impression.

This is like comfort food for your nose. It's not demanding anything. It just floats around you in a soft and undeniably feminine cloud. Absolutely gorgeous.

As it warms up on my skin the berries and sandalwood blend together with the almond in such a way that you can't really pull their scents apart without trying hard.

I really like this perfume. It's great for days that I just want to smell pretty and not surrounded by a heavy sex bomb, which is my default usually.

If you don't get the beauty on the first go round, maybe give this another try and don't think about it, just let your nose do it's thing.

This review is for the edt.

christabella
christabella

I only smell vanilla. And it's weird since there's no vanilla in the making of this scent... AMAZING perfume though. It's like a hot summer day at the beach. Love it!

Yohji
Yohji

Hanae Mori would be my choice in days of total tiredness of masterpieces among vintage and niche ones.
When you just want not to think, not to analyze, not to attempt to appreciate, but just enjoy the day, stay happy, positive, stay young and do not care, weekend fragrance?.. Maybe so!
That's what this vanillic almondy potion delivers. It is almost milky thick with wiped berries, yummy and energetic.
Recommend to spray while listening the song from Fun

Tonight,
We are young;
So let's set the world on fire,
we can burn brighter,
Than the sun

june7rose
june7rose

The ultimate sweet fruity floral. While it contains no actual vanilla, the strawberry and almond wood smell a bit like it when combined. It's really beautiful and very unique. Never smelled anything like it. I always buy a new bottle of this in the fall, and never finish it because it's ultimately too woody and not gourmand enough for me, but I would recommend it as a blind buy to almost anyone.

In the Nordstrom cosmetics department in L.A., there is a sales lady who asks everyone "Have you smelled Hanae Mori?" because everyone who smells it, buys it, it's that good.

Edee

Oh yeah, the pure perfume's box has multiple deep pink butterflies on it.

Edee

The blue butterfly is on the eau de perfumes. The pink butterfly is on the EDT. There are several flankers for Hanae mori who also have butterflies, but they are different from the butterflies on the original eau de parfum and eau de toilette. Some are larger in size and some are multi colored. There is even called Hanae Mori Haute Couture that has no butterfly on the box, only a woman in a pink and black gown. Sometimes people will refer to the orginal as Hanae Mori butterfly, which is confusing, since it's flankers also have butterflies on them, just different ones. The image of above is of the eau de parfume which has blue butterfies on it.

Yudum
Yudum

what is the difference between this and the butterfly version

daniellemirete
daniellemirete

This has been my one and only signature scent for nearly a decade now, but for the last 2 years I have noticed a difference in the way it smells - One of the things I used to enjoy about it, is that it was a tangy yet creamy strawberry (almost candy vanilla, yet subtle & not too young) scent, and the last few bottles I purchased smell FAR too much like sandalwood. The sandalwood used to just kinda hide out in the background and balance out the sweetness, now it's just horribly overpowering. After a decade, I am thinking of switching, and I am so sad that it no longer smells the same.

I have never liked any of the popular "similar" scents to this, as I don't think any of them smell the same or compare. So now I have no idea what to try to replace this... it's almost like ending a marriage for me, lol.

cmlee22
cmlee22

LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent. it's the perfect vanilla/amber without being too sweet. it's sooooo sexy and i always get compliments on it!

amartia
amartia

My girlfriend said that Hanae Mori is a good one, she likes it. So, i try to find a bottle for her, but in the end, i found two bottles. they are edt. Luckyly, I got both of them with cheap price, even one is cheaper than the other. So, I sent the parfumes to my girlfriend. but something bother her, that although both have a similar bottle shape, similar scent, they have their batch code, but there is a different between the two boxes. One of the box has the picture of the butterfly on the left corner, but the other is on the right one. could someone explain to me, is it normal that Hanae Mori have a different position of the butterfly?

melrose79
melrose79

This is my favorite perfume ever. It's very sensual & men have always complimented me on it & seem very intrigued by the scent. Almost drawn to me. That's why I decided to only wear it for my hubby. Lol. Hanae Mori is a very velvety smell that's sexy & warm & cozy. The main note I smell is the sandalwood. I have never smelled another perfume like this. There aren't words for how much I love it. :)

javaholic
javaholic

Sandalwood, sweet berries and vanilla. It's a well blended scent, lovely.

Magdalena23
Magdalena23

On my skin,pink butterfly is is a cute sugary sweetness,exactly the smell of pink cotton candy! No flowers,no berries ,just pure cotton candy,but in a good ,happy,innocent way... A little too girly for me,but it makes me smile...
Update: I keep coming back to this, day after day... I didn't see that coming!
Update 2. Day by day the individual notes seductively reveal themselves to me. Strawberry and rose play hide and seek, leaving me wanting more! And the wonderful dry down can only be described with one word . "Koufeto". A traditional sweet from my home country,Greece. Sugar coated almonds we offer to our guests in weddings! Sweet,romantic and so appropriate... I am falling head over heels in love with this perfume...Happy end ! Happy days !!!

angiebutterfly
angiebutterfly

This is a review for the EDP.

I find this scent to be timeless, elegant and gorgeous. I feel people are correct by saying that it embodies happiness. I feel it takes you to a place of comfort and joy. Personally, this isn't too sweet and overpowering. I feel it's well crafted and graceful in its body. I don't get an impression of it being made cheaply and without care. It does bum me out a little that some people call this scent generic, considering it's older than a lot of perfumes that smell almost similar. Yet I digress since everyone has their own opinion. Mine is that I will never live without this beautiful scent. Its ability to radiate in a lovely way on its own or play well with other scents makes it a must have for me. I say give it a try.

LaikaLatke
LaikaLatke

Hanse Mori doesn't really need another review. However, there are not many perfumes I have spent so much time trying to like as this one. This is a story of body-chemistry if ever there was one.
If a perfume passes my initial "that's not terrible" sniff test, I try it on. I will spend at least a day, usually a few days trying to get the feel of the perfume. If it doesn't grow on me I move on. I kept my little sample of Hanae for a long time. I would wear it for several days, wondering why it was so nondescript and boring on me. Maybe I'm missing something? I would try again a week later. Same thing.

What I smelled and everyone else smelled on me was this: Am I wearing perfume? Maybe I smell something a little floral. Yes...wait, it smells like vanilla or something...no almond...no...pancake batter...kinda.
Flowery almond-vanilla-pancake batter sounds pretty good. It sounds good, but in reality it was extraordinarily unremarkable...super boring. More like I had used a mostly-unscented soap containing a trace of Shea butter. Nice, boring, Hypo-allergenic hotel soap. With sugar.

I don't believe that this is the case for everyone. How could it be? So many people find this fragrance divine! Most people in fact seem to find it lovely. However, my skin chemistry does a weird thing to certain sweet smells.
The top notes listed here explain everything.
The sweet berries on top turn to sugar-syrup and simply plow over the other notes.
Finally, the sweet sugary-syrup reaches the intriguing sandalwood, takes one look at it, and smothers it with a big, stifling hug. The sandalwood is encased, it is hermetically sealed. Yet, due to it's resinous quality it alone manages to leave a bit of itself in the syrup. It is no longer herbal or woody. These qualities are tamed to the point that it now resembles vanilla, almonds, and batter at various times. It does not quite smell like any of these things because it is not and never will be vanilla, almonds or batter. Sealed in its sugar-casing, the sandalwood only resembles these things more than it resembles it's true self.
Not a match.

Shveta
Shveta

Bought 3.4OZ EDT spray without trying based on reviews.It arrived today and so far I am finding it really sweet and gourmandish.I don't like too sweet and vanilla scents especially in summers.Hope will like it more in winters.

Aeris
Aeris

First impressions: The resemblance to Casmir is uncanny. It's that warm, powdery, vanilla plastic doll head smell! I mean that as a compliment!!! I'm hoping more of the blueberry, strawberry milkshake smell kicks in eventually, because that's what I was expecting from the notes and reviews...Even if it doesn't, this has the potential to be a much more affordable "Casmir" for me. But I'm sticking with the plastic doll head description for now! I originally got this because Luca Turin said it would be a good replacment for Jessica Simpson Fancy. Honestly, I prefer Fancy...so far. This isn't even the same type of fragrane IMO (Fancy has LOTS of caramel and a foodier vanilla).
I'll update this later after a two full days of wearing it so I can give a fair overall impression :)
Update: After wearing this two days in a row, my first impression opinions stay. But I do smell a little strawberry milkshake mixed with "Casmir" as the fragrance develops. Good, but not quite signature material.

Dawnofthedeb
Dawnofthedeb

The eau de toilette version reminds me of Coty's Vanilla Fields. I also don't smell any of the fruit notes on initial spray at all :( Just vanilla and something reminiscent of wood chips.

leda
leda

A sweet illusion of vanilla and sandalwood. I can't pick out individual notes--this one is well blended. I do see where some say they smell something mature in this--the wood can come across as a whiff of White Diamonds occasionally, which can be good or bad based on your perception. The wood and warmth also turn this sweetie into a cuddly comfort scent. Wears exceptionally well in the summer, and the accompanying lotion is divine--one of the best I've ever tried.

Chiquis
Chiquis

This review is for “Hanae Mori Butterfly EDT”. I just received a sample from Macy’s and the bottle looks exactly like the one in this picture. So, hopefully this is the correct place to put my review.

When I was a kid there was a strawberry cream lollipop that I used to love. It was creamy and richer than the Tootsie Roll type of lollipops… HM Butterfly smells EXACTLY like those strawberry cream lollipops!! I really love it. I guess you could also liken the scent to a strawberry milkshake or strawberry ice cream, either way what stands out is strawberry in the creamiest way.

I’d like to try this during the summer months. I’m looking for something sweet that will work in the heat, and this could be it. It’s not as sweet as Fantasy or Prada Candy or others that have been described as sickly sweet, but HM is softly sweet nonetheless.

Edit: I'd like to add that a few reviews on Sephora called this fragrance "old lady". That really baffles me because to me Hanae Mori Butterfly could fit any female of any age. It could fit a 14 year old without being too mature or stale; a 21 year old could wear it out to a party, class or on a date; a 30 year old could wear it and feel young but not juvenile or vampy; a 50 year old could wear it with pride; and an 80 year old could wear it with grace. This fragrance truly is ageless to me- it doesn't wear YOU, you wear IT. You could wear it for a lifetime in fact.

Also it's not loud yet it is long lasting... It lingers on your skin for hours. I'm very impressed! I usually like my perfumes to project and almost be a little "loud" (think Alien and Hot Couture), but I would hate if this one was louder. It would take away from it's "I'm confident in my quiet strength as a woman" quality. This one is classy and classic.

I don't understand why this isn't as popular as Chloe and Flowerbomb, etc. It's perfectly constructed.

I plan on purchasing all 3 concentrations: EDT, EDP and eau parfum. I will update again and give details.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Sitting in misty, foggy woods, drinking a strawberry milkshake and eating salted almonds. That pretty much sums up Hanae Mori for me. Oh, don’t forget the black eyeliner. That’s a definite wear. And listening to drum circle music. This is one perfume that takes you places.
It’s a perfume I’ve learned not to overspray. It’s there when I think it’s not. It’s vanilla wrapped with a nutty feel but not a traditional vanilla. This vanilla is smooth, creamy, mellow, powdery, fruity and musky. It’s moonlit nights, eyeliner, jazz music and funky shoes. It’s mood perfume.
There is a sophistication and maturity to Hanae Mori that can be pulled off appropriately by the right woman if she’s flaunting herself naturally. It’s a sensual perfume that begs to be worn by a Seductress. The incense of this fragrance wafts around her innocently yet captures others. There’s a smokiness to it that’s not heavy at all but there, just light enough to mesmerize.
Hanae Mori is a thick perfume if applied too heavily. It will come back with the heat of your skin and tickle your nose when you least expect it. Although its thickness can be somewhat off-putting to some, that quality gives it a unique, almost viscous feel. That’s its muskiness drawing you in. It’s a heavy and thick musk with a sweetness that wraps around the vanilla with a gauzy scarf. This is a season-less perfume with mild floral undertones that can be worn anywhere, anytime, as long as you don’t go heavy on the spritzing finger.
There are four fruits in the top notes to tantalize you. Blueberry, blackberry, strawberry and black currant work together with the middle and base notes to create the vanilla which is actually not listed. Wearing Hanae Mori you definitely feel this is a vanilla-based perfume.
Hanae Mori is considered a linear perfume, meaning that altho there are three layers of notes, the perfume stays the same throughout its run. It just stays beautiful throughout its many hours of runtime.
The day I picked this up, I was on my way to visit my grandson. Naturally, I spritzed some on as soon as I bought it. I really didn’t notice it while I was with him, thinking I had sprayed it very lightly earlier. When I returned home, I received a text from my daughter asking me what perfume her son was now wearing. I didn’t realize so little would transfer to him. That’s how strong Hanae Mori really is.
Hanae Mori doesn’t announce herself but you’ll remember she was there. Kind of like a butterfly. She leaves a lasting impression.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

I wear Angel, Hypnotic Poison, Addict, Prada Candy, you get the idea. I am a certified vanilla whore, but I love branching out into fruitier gourmand territory. This scent sounded perfect on paper- creamy almond and sandalwood with berries. A berry marzipan confection. I enjoyed it when sprayed on a blotter as well.

Then I wore the EDT and everything went horribly wrong. My skin chemistry warped this into a synthetic floral nightmare. The ylang-ylang was way too prominent and all the berry notes turned very sharp. As such, I had to remove it and had a similar experience with the EDP. I think I would like this if it had a darker muskier side but in its full throttle happy fruity true form, I have to pass. Additionally, I noticed a strange similarity between this and JS Fancy, the latter having a much more caramelized finish. I already have and enjoy Fancy so I probably won't revisit Miss Mori, but I recommend it to those with a sweet tooth who wear fruity gourmands well.

jlfears
jlfears

The pink EDT and the blue EDP have the same notes.

On me, the pink has more berry. It also has much better sillage.

On me, the blue has more vanilla, and stays closer to the skin.

Reviews ~~~>

Pink Butterfly: strong strawberry ice cream, with nuts and sandalwood.

Blue Butterfly: strong vanilla ice cream laced with berries, with very strong woody undertones.

Each has a swipe of currant throughout, off and on. Both are very pretty scents.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Warm, pretty and reminds me of vanilla. As others have said, it is a linear scent but it's altogether pleasant. Not sure what would distinguish it from the other gourmand fragrances on the market. It's more girly than Versace Code, say.

Not an intimate scent. Appropriate for the office, dressing up or dressing down, especially if what you're wearing is on the girly/quaint side. Sillage is decent. Staying power alright to pretty good.

nikoleta1

Sweet vanilla fruity floral combo, not very complex, more on a linear side, it stays sweet and strong all the time, little boring, but has amazing longevity, hours and hours. I have a big bottle of EDT, got it because it smells like Casmir, as a perfume it is little bit outdated form 90s super vanilla sweet era,but great for young girls and long lasting perfume lovers.

browneyedmama
browneyedmama

Warm, sweet and not too strong. You have to wear this beauty for several hours before you truly can respect her. First spray wasn't overpowering. I have the pink butterfly version which is edt. It isn't lasting long on my skin I suppose due to my body chemistry so I'm going to be purchasing the edp soon! Also - I have seen a lot of reviewers say this is a winter only fragrance, and I have to disagree. You can wear this beauty year round. Its definitely one of those fragrances you wear and smile about because you KNOW you smell good ;+)
Also - sorry Katie Puckrik - I'm not sure where your nose was the day you smelled this but in no way is it nor should ever be compared to stripper perfume. This is a timeless perfume that I am so thrilled that I finally found!!

Femme en Blanc
Femme en Blanc

I remember touching the actual wings of a butterfly when I was little. It was a beautiful sunny day, and I saw a butterfly sunbathing. It was just lying there, relaxing, embracing the warmth from the sun to the concrete floor, and so I laid my hand and touched its wing, leaving me with a powder residue on my fingers.
This fragrance is conceptually spot on.
A butterfly is sweet, soft, delicate, and powdery.
This is the scent of a butterfly.

Holli
Holli

On me, Butterfly is one of the most synth smelling scents I've ever met. From the bottle, it smells nicer. I spray it at the carpet and blinds sometimes. It's a nice home scent that way. Magical Moon is also dreadfully fake when it hits my skin. It's possible that this house and I were just not meant to interact nicely.

carolynnj
carolynnj

I was looking for a new smell. I love hypnotic but wanted something different when I came across this wonderous little gem. I find this sweet and florally. A womanly version of Prada's Candy - richer, heavier, and peppered with kisses from an English garden. Men seem to love this scent too. I wish I had found it sooner. It is heavenly!

Hellita
Hellita

I'm very tempted to buy this online unsmelled, because they don't offer HM in Norway. Should I? I think I should.

mozzaa
mozzaa

I discovered this gem very late- just 4 months ago. This is a perfume that I LOVE b/c it captures a state of mind. I honestly feel it captures HAPPINESS. I have never had this expereince with any perfume- and trust me I have and have had many. This one is soothing- I am having a bad day, I put it on and immediately am transported to a better state of mind. I kid you not. I think that it is a really underappreciated piece of art- it's not like the big hitters that have achieved iconic status e.g. the Samsara's and Chanel 5's of the frag world. Its understated simplicity is what makes it beautiful in my opinion. And for me there is a hint of children's aspirin (something I LOVED the taste of)- the tangerine/orange type if you've ever had that as a child. This perfume encapsulates the feeling you get after Yoga class- peace, happiness, and harmony. This is my happiness perfume --love you Hanae Mori!

paulie86
paulie86

Hanae Mori always reminded me of desert warm buttery granola with vanilla infused custard cream, and fresh wild strawberries on top with a dash of lemon for freshness. I don't get any floral or woodsy notes from Hanae Mori just a sweet warm gourmand aura that radiates off the skin. I fell in love with this perfume years ago but picked Chanel Coco instead. My favorite concentration is the eau de toilette because I feel all the notes are more balanced and a little lighter than the edp or the parfum which I find both too heavy and headache inducing.

I ended up buying the 3.4 oz edt at loehman's for a decent price a couple years ago and ended up giving it to my best friend after only getting through half the bottle. My chemistry must have changed because it started to smell extremely synthetic with a band aid undertone lol. After reading reviews I think i'm gonna pick up a new bottle tomorrow to see if it's magic will work on me again lol. If you love warm sweet sophisticated fragrances that last a long time on the skin definitely try Hanae Mori you'll probably fall in love with it at first sniff like I did.

YogaRose
YogaRose

I'm sad to say, I did not get all the beauty everyone talks about on here with this scent :(
I love blueberry, coconut, rose notes...and
sampled it twice from Khol's. All I got was a "bug spray" type combination. Maybe it's all about chemistry? I'm going to give it a 3rd shot, perhaps sample it somewhere else. It's a classic for a reason right?

Contessa01
Contessa01

I call this heaven in a bottle! It is really really beautiful, sweet, intoxicating and well constructed. Everyone should have this

raw umber
raw umber

Review of the EdT:

From what I understand, Hanae Mori preceded the barrage of fruity-florals which have now become so common place. This sweet strawberry milkshake was well before its time and I think understanding that lends a greater appreciation of the scent itself.

The people who made this actually wanted to create a high quality fragrance. They were not banking on sweetness and packaging alone in order for it to be successful,and that intention translates into a gorgeous drydown on the wearer. Unlike many fruity florals on the market today, the base is beautiful.

There is a plastic note here, though I sense that its inclusion was actually an intentional decision on the part of the perfumer, (unlike the unintentional sharp and sour nuances in more recent creations like BS Fantasy etc.) again speaking to the quality of this scent.

Also, for some reason the plastic note is not as evident in the sillage so there is no need to be self conscious about smelling like a gigantic strawberry doll to those in your vicinity. My boyfriend said it smells like a real strawberry milkshake made from fresh strawberries.
...Well? How are you gonna argue with that?

As many have said, Hanae Mori is slightly overwhelming on first application (being the manic fool that I am, I returned it and then went back and repurchased it the following day).

Just give it a minute to calm down and it develops into something simply wondrous. A pink dream. Any time of year, projects well and lasts long.

moonflower73
moonflower73

Hanae Mori Butterfly was my signature scent back at the turn of the century. :) I wore it for my wedding. I was torn between this and Petite Cherie. I've always adored this scent. It reminds me of cotton candy. Very sweet, warm, slightly fruity, and pretty. Hanae Mori will always evoke wonderful memories of that stage of my life when I was young, carefree, and in love. It smells very similar to the Dolce Gabanna scent in the dark red packaging to me. In my lifetime, this one will always be a classic and very dear to my heart. :)

kamala22
kamala22

On me it smells like lemons. Which is weird because lemon isn't in any of the notes?? Makes me feel like having a nice refreshing lemonade :)

Tovah
Tovah

I agree completely with Eirlys...in fact she took with words right out of my mouth. Butterfly is shockingly underrated. Even though there are many sweet fragrances available, Butterfly has a complexity, a depth, and a classiness that many don't come close to having. It's fun, but it's also very beautiful

Eirlys
Eirlys

I feel like this is one of the most underrated fragrances ever. It has a sweet scent, full of vanilla and musk, and it's the perfect perfume for winter time in my opinion. Maybe vanilla is the strongest note in Hanae Mori so it overpowers the other notes, but in no way is this a boring perfume. It's sweet in a delicious way, and I can just imagine myself drinking hot chocolate, wrapping a blanket and reading my favorite book, at the same time inhaling this wonderful scent.

I only have the roller ball of the EDP at the moment, but I might buy it after I finish. This perfume is greatly done.

ginaerdahl
ginaerdahl

I like the opening. Fruit, flowers, spice. Has a lot of depth. Dry down is vanilla fields, almost exactly.

Srebecca
Srebecca

extremely warm and sweet!! I love mixing this with fresher scents like Gardenia.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

HANAE MORI is a clothing scent. That is, like Bvlgari Pour Femme, it dries down beautifully on clothing. You want to open a sweater and for it to smell like Hanae Mori, which is a young chiffon of a scent that evokes thoughts of a wedge of honeydew.

fleurdefi
fleurdefi

My mom recently wore this and on her it was an extremely warm and sweet berry scent. This is funny because she usually wears very woody, cooler scents. On me, who loves sweet berries, it is very woody. It is still warm and cozy, though. It reminds me of Chopard Casmir without the spice. I am sad that it is not as sweet on me and I can't really detect the berries, but I think it would be a good addition to my wardrobe.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

I just got this on a blind buy based on reviews here. (Thank you for your help *smiles*) Been wearing 30 minutes now and it is very sweet as many comments said, but almost beyond my level of preference. Right now, in a blind smell test I would not be able to tell the difference in this and Hillary Duff's With Love except the latter has a more caramel-buttery note. Although not listed, on initial spritz I detect coconut galore, though that may be the vanilla or almond. This does not smell nutty at all to me. I only smell super sweet coconut, vanilla and a light sprinkle of berries. I am not picking up any yummy sandalwood or bright strawberry. It is very pretty but so far, this is a scent so common it is not particularly grabbing me in the way I had hoped. I see it is grouped as an Oriental but this is a very tropical gourmand scent to me... and unfortunately, I am really not into most of those. I like it. It's just okay. I really wanted to love it but I don't. Where is my sparkling strawberry?! Aww...

Edit - I've kept trying to expand my liking for gourmands (that is what Hanae Mori is, strawberry/coconut cake) and I finally did get a blast of strawberries I found delectable. Funny thing, I had a hunger craving for something sweet, nothing sweet to eat in my kitchen so I began to crave a sweet smell and there it was in a bottle on my vanity. I sprayed some on before bed and huffed it to sleep. This one is growing on me. I can tell I will have my moods for this so it is definitely a keeper. I still find it rather common but it is uncommonly good and I am growing to love it very much... only on some days. :)

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

Both the salesgirl and Hanae Mori's website said that this fragrance is linear, but "linear" here isn't code for "unsophisticated" or "boring." Instead it just means that the way Hanae Mori smells when it first dries is the same marvelous way it smells at the end of the day. All the different notes work together in wonderful harmony and I personally feel like I've been transported to a fairy world every time I sniff it. Berries, flowers and woods all in perfect amounts.

The fruitiness isn't overpowering because it's grounded by sandalwood. No fruit punch here. It's sweet, but not cloying.

You won't announce yourself walking in the room with this scent, it's not "perfumey." But you will receive double takes and comments like, "Why do you smell so good??"

laurenaudell
laurenaudell

My all time favorite perfume. I've loved it for many many years. I wore it at my wedding! It's very vanilla to me, I was actually very surprised that it's not even one of the notes. I feel very pretty and feminine when I wear this, and it has a sexiness to it as well. When I was younger and couldn't afford it, I would spray it all over my clothes and into my purse at the stores ;) Now that I own it, I save it for special occasions so that I don't get used to or sick of the scent.

lushnight
lushnight

Very clever how all the notes are combined to come out with an exact replica of vanilla. It maybe would have been simpler to just use vanilla? Mild sarcasm aside, this is a nice sweet perfume that I enjoy wearing occasionally. The berry notes are there, especially the strawberry, and a hint of the floral, but on the whole this is a vanilla bomb. But who doesn't like vanilla?

april26
april26

I love sweet perfumes! This one is nice because its a little more grown up than some of my others.

Edee

This is one of three perfumes that I regularly rotate with my other fragrances. The smell is rich, warm and utterly feminine. Gourmand at it's best. You will be surprised how men love it. The strawberries and and almonds create a vanilla smell that is utterly intoxicating.

poivrerose
poivrerose

There must be a significant difference between the EDT and the EDP for this one. I'm thinking I probably should have ordered the EDT instead of the EDP :(. The EDP has an almost unbearable top note. It is a chemically and bitter powder - and takes a while to dissipate. But once it does, the base notes definitely redeem. However, it is kind of gross for the first hour. There is no vanilla note in the pyramid, and for good reason, there is no vanilla in this fragrance. I can definitely tell. The notes are actually listed on the tester I purchased, and vanilla is not among them. In reality - It is a soft powdery woody musk, that gives the illusion of sweetness somehow. Again, I am talking about the EDP version. I guess I wanted the berries. I'm going to have to order the roller ball EDT! I do not smell ANY fruit in this version. The far dry down is pretty though. Femme, soft, classy. Definitely powdery, definitely musky, a little creamy, and not really as sweet as you might expect. However it smells FABULOUS and lasts forever on fabric. I understand all the "love hate" comments on this one. I really wish the opening wasn't so off putting. The EDP is a kind of "mature" essence. It is not anywhere near gourmand on my skin. However, I decided to try it layered with Molinard Vanille - and it helps damper out the bitterness in the beginning and amps up the overall sweetness. They go well together. This has AMAZING lasting power.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Merry Christmas to me, from my lovely family; this greeted me from under the tree, and I'm very happy. I wanted it for the sandalwood notes, but really it's the strawberry (and other berries) that sing the loudest in this composition. I wish the blueberries were brighter and clearer, but the strawberry is fun. It is quite a fruity fragrance, and while no vanilla is listed I get a distinctly vanilla-cream scent at times, and a cotton-candy-esque scent at other times. I feel like I've bathed in strawberries and ice cream, with a hint of sandalwood. The sugary vanilla (and almost plastic-y note) reminds me slightly of Tocade and YR Vanille Noire. HM is sweeter than I normally prefer, as I'm not a gourmand lover, but is quite lovely. Very feminine, youthful and carefree. I see this listed as an Oriental, which I find to be a misnomer; it may not be a pure gourmand, but it lacks the depth and richness of what I consider a pure Oriental. The sandalwood is there, but really more as garnish. If there is such a thing as a 'fruity-floral-oriental', this is it. If it actually had vanilla listed, I'd say 'oriental vanilla', same category as L de Lolita Lempicka--HM could be a cousin to L, with berries instead of citrus.

Not sure about sillage, but longevity was at least 6 - 8 hours. I woke up in the middle of the night and could smell this scent very clearly, more clearly than before I went to bed; I think that damp, warm skin must accentuate it and can only imagine what a warm summer day would do!

(My review is for the "pink butterfly" bottle, which I believe is the EDT).

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

It starts out a little bit too sweet for my liking, resembling strawberry candy and then bubblegum, but oh, does it warm down into this extremely likable, er, I won't say sexy but a sort of sensual scent that you want to keep sniffing. The warmth provided by the sandalwood and other muted floral notes underneath a strawberry sweetness just makes this perfume. It also appears to have amazing sillage. A new favorite.

kelli.marie
kelli.marie

Your first love. A french patisserie. Silk, feathers, and pearls in a pastel rainbow. My first and favorite signature scent.

Sweet, serene and innocent. The woman at the fragrance counter told my mother that ladies should take care when wearing this fragrance around men -- because it will drive them wild. I find this to be true but only if they are younger men with a sweet tooth!

Layer this over the luscious body cream. Yummy yummy yummy gourmand!

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

I just received this as a blind buy because it's difficult to get hold of in this country and sounds like everything I should love. I don't know, I can see why people like it but it's just not for me. On my skin it's all sour berries and smells a bit boozy, wasn't the vanilla fruity frosting perfume with a woody edge I was hoping for. I do have a full bottle for sale minus about four squirts if anyone is willing to swap or buy etc.

TatyankaARA
TatyankaARA

Mostly I just get vanilla and sandalwood. It's very sweet and a bit on a heavy side, so I only wear it when it's cold outside.

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I have the parfum, purchased in the early 2000s and it is a strong, intoxicating, slightly resinous fragrance. Exactly the sort of thing I love. It certainly has a tropical fruit aura, but it is deep, rich, and complex. I have had several people tell me it makes me smell like a confection or chocolate, which surprised me. My ex husband didn't like it, I think it was too fruity for him. I think this sweet fragrance stands out because of the complexity and expensive quality of it.

weijia.li.33
weijia.li.33

I can smell lychee and I don't know why! It is like the lychee flavored hard candy I used to have when I was little. It makes me feel nostalgic.

EDIT: it pairs well with Terre'd Hermes EDT.

Soie

This really does smell a whole lot like both Chopard Casmir and Coty Vanilla Fields, which, to my nose, are both ambery vanillic Orientals. And while Hanae Mori does not list amber as an ingredient, it still has that strident bug spray effect lent to certain fragrances which feature a strong amber note.

None of these 3 fragrance's fruity notes are all that discernible to me

jana.hullinghorst

this has become my go to winter scent this year. it's warm and a slight spice develops among the creamy almonds sandalwood and sweet strawberry. it beautiful and sophisticated without being complicated. very cozy and well balanced. reminds me of cake baking in the oven :)

happygeisha
happygeisha

i refreshed myself with a quick swipe of this roller ball on my way home... while sitting FOREVER at a red light... i kept thinking to myself...

WHAT DOES HANAE MORI REMIND ME OF?????

i knew i had something already in my wardrobe that smelled exactly like it. i just KNEW it! so there i sat waiting for the light to turn green.. *sniff sniff* what the.... ??? *sniff sniff* and then it hit me: BABY DOLL BY YSL.

i of course raced home and fragrantica'ed it and check it out, they have quite a few notes in common:

top note is black current, middle note is rose and base notes are cedar and sandalwood. yeah of course there are other notes that they don't have in common but i'm telling you all right now, this scent is pretty much dead on the same as baby doll. both are sticky, icky sweet... young, cloying and really StRonG!!!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

It's a sweet gourmand and I agree it's mostly strawberry and sandalwood. Sweet, floral, gourmand... what else is there to say? It's a nice choice for spring, but on me it fades within hours.
Since I given this after D & G Pour Femme, I think the two smell almost the same. There is a slight difference in the florals and sweetness, but Pour Femme lasts hours longer on my skin.

valenceis
valenceis

Man, I never know what to think about this one anymore. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I say "get this away from me", I crave it, I despise it...

If you like gourmand, there is virtually no way this has passed under your radar. It is something special, the bottle, the juice, everything.

I've been thinking about getting the parfum for some time now. I've owned this before and swapped it away, grown out of it. Hanae Mori and scents like it were the signatures of myself and all of my best girlfriends and these are some crazy and amazing women I am proud to still know today. Coming of age in the late 90s/early 00s, we were all obsessed with these special, very personal sweet scents. The gourmand perfumes from this era are the ones that grip me by the heart the most, such a part of growing up for me. Hanae Mori is an extremely nostalgic scent for me. When I smell it I think of all the amazing female friendships I've had in my life. Those women, their strength, always tempered by the intensity of their dreams, their hopefulness. It reminds me of the female bond; sharing those dreams and that strength. To me, it signifies a time and a place. I feel it so vividly. It's in the DNA of many women in their 30s and early 40s now. Especially the goth and punk girly girls I hang around. It's a really special reminder of who we were then.

When I smell this on someone now, often I don't like it. It is SO sweet and so easy to overdo. A little bit goes a very, very, VERY long way. I do not like this one when it's projecting across the room, and it certainly does. But I still crave smelling it from time to time. I got a free rollerball of it at Sephora last night. I may still buy a bottle. Because even though I am older, my tastes have changed a lot and I have changed a lot, there's a part of me that will always be the girl who came of age with the butterfly bottle on her dresser.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

This is for the pink edt rollerball. Strawberries and cream on a vanilla custard cake. A strong fruity gourmand suitable for cooler weather. Smells like marshmallows during drydown.

pantorini
pantorini

Vanilla cake with a whip cream frosting and blackberries, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. A pinch of slivered almonds are thrown onto the whip cream for good measure.

SS79
SS79

I just received the blue butterfly edp in the mail 2day. It's a blast of vanilla on me.. almost resembles the vanilla fields but with a tad more sweetness to it.. absolutely beautiful as I love that smell!!! Going to be great for the winter season coming up!!

lalondem
lalondem

why doesn't this show vanilla in its notes listed above?? Does anyone else find this peculiar? TS writes about the vanilla smell yet none listed here! Is this a mistake?

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

i can't really differenciate the notes in this because i don't own it and only sampled it but it had so much going on and now i know why based off these notes..this fragrance smells so good in comparison to alot of the other department store fragrances out there..very nice and sweet but classy even..the sweetness in this is really different cause it draws you and is more dense..not light at all...wonderful fragrance you must try it..

After testing countless times over the past 15+ years, I am finally ready to write a review. I bought a bottle of the strongest concentration -- Parfum.

I find the Parfum to smell and behave exactly the same as the EDP, but it is more concentrated, as expected. The opening is only slightly fruity, drying down very quickly to a vanilla/amber/woody scent that is smooth and warm.

Hanae Mori came out around the same time as Angel and Lolita Lempicka. Twenty years ago I preferred the other two because they were avant-garde. When I grew tired of the complexity and drama, Hanae Mori became more appealing. Maybe it's because I've smelled this perfume so many times over so many years that it's not particularly exciting to me. Still, after all this time I am glad to have the Parfum in my collection.

aliora
aliora

I didn't think too much of the EDP, but I just tried the sample of the EDT and I adore it! It's not as candied sweet as I expected it to be, and I don't think it's as clearly gourmand as some people have described it here. I get the black currants, vanilla and a little bit of spice. It actually reminds me of a version of the Original Burberry that's heavier on the vanilla end without the peach. It's gorgeous! The only thing is that I know someone else who wears this as a signature, and so I'd rather get something else for myself. This would make a great comfort scent for fall.

hamednoohi
hamednoohi

just got a sample pack and this happened to be in it the EDT version it smells amazing a guy could totally pull it off i was really surprised to find out on here it is a female fragrance ,,, def my next purchase this is gonna be my very first female fragrance

Layzie
Layzie

Wow, this is delectable. The salesperson sprayed something on a test strip, let it sit for a bit, then handed it to me. My immediate reaction was the Emma Stone YUM face. It began with a fresh burst of fruit, which we all I know I am a fan of by now, then settles into this creamy, sweet, and woody goodness with light floral essence around. I had completely forgotten what I came to buy, but I did find a gift for my sister's upcoming birthday!

tanpeached
tanpeached

This is such a beautiful scent. Where has it been all my life?

Scout
Scout

Once upon a time I was traveling for work and I had left home without packing some scents. One evening I was walking around and happened upon a Sephora, and this was one of the first things I smelled. I made an impulse buy, and as I sat catching aromas of myself in the office later the next day, I was glad I did. Feminine without cloying, sweet without dripping in frosting.
I put it in one of my travel toiletry packs, and it ended up in the back of a hall closet at home. I rediscovered it recently, and wonder why it's not on my vanity. It's actually a very well-constructed perfume. LOVE!

JFrags
JFrags

I had a sample of it for myself; not really my type unfortunately...

The sandlewood in the midst is romantic and the ylang ylang with the jasmine is pretty but I'm not the pretty type.

Sweet bursting floral essence, just personally I'm not any of these qualities :/

denncita
denncita

Please when you try this make sure you don't judge the first seconds only... This perfume tends to be a little synthetic in the beginning. You may be surprised how strong it opens up. But once it hits the dry down... you have cupcakes with frosting and all kinds of cookies wherever you sprayed it on. This may be good or bad depending on what you were looking for. To me this definitely smells gourmand.

javagirl1972
javagirl1972

Hanae Mori Blue Butterfly : Yesterday afternoon the mail carrier came with my sample of this from The Perfumed Court. I sprayed some on and went to the corner store for some ice cream. A man came in after me and said "You smell delicious! I could lick you!" I showed him my wedding ring and he said "You're married? Well that sucks."

Needless to say, this is now my signature perfume. I get the berries right away, for maybe 5 minutes, and then the sweet creaminess lasts for a long time. Also, to agree with nadeschka, this perfume is a man magnet. My husband won't leave me alone when I wear it.

vanillamoss
vanillamoss

I really love this fragrance. I watch Katie Puckrik's videos on youtube, and her opinion is that this smells like stripper perfume. Well she must've sniffed some yummy smelling strippers!

I get the strawberry and blueberry notes first. They smell like freshly baked pies coming right out of the oven. It finishes with creamy sandalwood and ylang ylang. The creaminess gives it kind of a tanning oil vibe, which tells me this fragrance could be perfect during the warmer months. I recommend users of Britney Spears' Fantasy and Aquolina Pink Sugar to try this. It'll be a pleasant addition to your collection.

lauren.gonzalez.963
lauren.gonzalez.963

For some reason, on my skin Im not getting the whole bakery, cupcake vibe everyone is talking about. It IS very synthetic but not in a bad way; in fact the synthetic fruity scent with my body chemistry me reminds me SO much of lychee. I was a huge fan of pink sugar but i feel like this is the grown up version for all the sweet lovers out there. I must admit though, i wasn't a fan of it until I wore it for the day and it totally won me over. MUST GIVE IT A CHANCE!

nadeschka
nadeschka

Review on the EdP (blue butterfly). Comforting, warm, sweet (but not too much), never offensive, very feminine - a feel good scent all the way. A must try for the gourmand and oriental lovers. And a men's magnet!

christianne1
christianne1

It is amazing how differently people experience a fragrance. For me, there is absolutely nothing "cute" about Hanae Mori. It is beautiful. It isn't childlike, it is extremely mature. HM was in her 60s when she released it. It is utterly feminine, even dainty, while remaining respectable and dignified. This is the scent of a refined woman who isn't trying to hard to be this or that...she just simply IS. She isn't afraid of her femininity and doesn't see it as weakness, she sees it as strength. This is the kind of fragrance that a powerful woman in a high ranking position wears to disarm...scramble their brains with unexpected femininity. This is absolutely no "cupcake" fragrance and I do not understand that comparison whatsoever.

To be a softer fragrance, this has really good staying power. It is also pretty consistent throughout the stages of dry down and wear. No big surprises here at any point.

This is one of those fragrances I dismissed when I first applied it. I thought "too girly". Then I changed my mind....quickly. This is actually a womanly work of art. The Japanese designers really do feminine scents well. There is a refined delicateness that comes through. I tend to go more unisex in my choices normally but I gladly step out of my comfort zone for this one. Highly underrated and misunderstood. In my top 10 of all time of strictly feminine fragrances.

nikoleta1

Just got Edt, it is pure sweet vanilla, happy fragrance. Replica of Casmer, that I had a while ago, I missed its sweetness. This one is long lasting, great for summer, a lot of complements from people.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Unfortunately, the almond note in this reminds me of Strenesse, which I associate with prepubescence.

Nevertheless, when I tried the EDP in Macy's, I was blown away. I generally love gourmands and this was like a trip to the bakery. But there was something missing for me. I breathed in the rich scent for several minutes but ultimately, I had to pass on the purchase. It was just TOO dessert-like. On my skin, it's the scent of a fruit filled vanilla cupcake, heavily frosted, and covered in sprinkles. Nothing more. There was no seduction, no intrigue, no curiosity whatsoever. Just sweet and girlish and not quite deep enough for me. But, since I actually do enjoy the scent, I ended up buying the end of a used EDT on Ebay, just to have around.

rickyrebarco

A lovely fruity floral. I enjoy the almond note, which is just right- detectable but not overpowering. This reminds me in the drydown of Chopard Casmir, but without the heavy spice and heavy tonka. Although this scent does not mention vanilla I definitely smell it pretty strongly in the drydown. It may be just the lovely combo of fruits and jasmine, geranium and ylang but it's really nice without being overpowering or screaming "gourmand." A soft intro to fruity florals for someone who is new to this perfume "genre."

I have worn this scent since it first came out in 1995 and it is still a favorite.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

This is a very unique nice scent. I have the EDT and it has decent lasting power maybe 4 hours and is gentle and comforting in scent. Nothing offensive to my nose with this perfume. It soothes me. I think the EDT has a very mild resemblance to the original Burberry's.

hollyms
hollyms

Really enjoy this one, but it's a tad too loud for some occasions. This stuff is strong with lots of projection. Sweet describes it, yet more mature and a bit sexy. Very nice

Milladane
Milladane

EDT: This is a cute and sweet fruity candy scent that's almost cloying and rather synthetic but so what! There are times you want to smell like artificial strawberry frosting and praline, and all the good yummy cutesy desserts you can think of. What comes to mind as I smell this is a 90s raver girl in bright furry accessories, licking a fruity lollipop. Sadly, it fades very very quickly on my skin, but that's typical of cute sweet scents.

laurenchanel
laurenchanel

i love,love,love to wear this perfume on dates! year round i always wear it on dates no matter where we're going or what season it is. it's a soft, sweet, pretty, creamy, flirty, girly, classy, yummy scent!!! and sooooo pretty for on my dresser!

Jola 72
Jola 72

I must delete my prev review because I changed my mind about this frag At first I was a little disappointed about this scent ,was not sure or maybe scared a little With first sniff I was transported to my childhood .I was remember those days my mommy and I was baking Pure essence of vanilla concentrate in small bottle It was enough with some couple of drops to make a cake and whole home smells divine The sweatiest memory of mine My blue HM smells like this I like to apply it on my arms but not my neck ,it could be to much I use some another perfume,best some lite floral or lite oriental For me HM is best in summer And yes,this is not just sweet scent This is Memories ...

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

I got a sample of this from Sephora. It opens up so beautifully; very please scent. I did notice however that a couple hours into it, I picked up a slight sea salt scent on me. Perhaps its my chemistry, not sure. But overall, it's great for summer and so alluring and gentle yet unique. Not sure yet if I would buy a bottle, but I am so glad that I tried this fragrance.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I have a small bottle of parfum concentration. While wearing it, it's like my skin is savouring a rich cream cake with plenty of various berries. It smells so creamy! And I thought there must be vanilla, though it's not among the notes. When the floral notes become more prominent, it reminds me of a body cream however I can't remember what it was. After several hours, the sandalwood takes over sweet fruity and floral notes, adding a more mature touch.

It's innocent and romantic, feminity of extreme. The sillage is moderate and the longevity can reach 9h. However I barely wear it outside. It always reminds of a cozy Sunday afternoon when we read a book or spend some quality time with our beloved ones. And I'm always craving a tea or a coffee while wearing this yummy berry cream cake. Guess my small bottle will be ok for a period of time.

itsallgood
itsallgood

I enjoy wearing this out shopping or doing other neutral venues. It isn't heavy or too sweet and projects just far enough for me to get whiffs of it as I move through the day. This is not my signature perfume or even my favorite perfume, but it is definitely a keeper, plus it lasts a long time. Hanae Mori Blue Butterfly is a fine perfume I like to use on ordinary days full of quality moments.

LittleMsCharming
LittleMsCharming

The word that comes to mind when I sniff this fragrance is "lovable". It's sweet, but exceptionally smooth and creamy, cute but not at all cutesy. Very natural, intuitive, flowing... the cuteness here is innocent - not trying too hard, not pretending, not the sexy kitten kind of cute. Smooth, creamy vanilla, a little bit of magic dust (light fruity powder), sweet strawberries and cream, presented in a way that's not reminiscent of a bakery or food in general... doesn't make me hungry. Similar to Casmir, but kinder gentler and more naive. Unlike hot and spicy Casmir, this girl has big, warm, trusting, wide-open eyes, she is ageless, full of dreams, and believes in miracles :) This fragrance evokes an attitude rather than an image...
I have this in 2 concentrations EdT and Parfum, I also bought the cream -- great product, couldn't be happier with it! Smells heavenly, moisturizes amazingly, wonderfully luscious to the touch, and makes my skin soft and smooth! :) Highly recommend the Hanae Mori cream!!

Elsee

Sissu hit the nail on the head! Perfect review!
I have approx. 200 bottles of perfume and I'll tell ya, this is the one I long to wear the majority of the time. There is something about HM that may be familiar, but in the end, it's in a class all by itself. It's absolutely beautiful!

sissu
sissu

I just received the EDT (pink butterfly) in a blind swap and I couldn't be happier! Especially after some pretty bad blind buys lately, the fact that I not only like this one upon first sniff, but borderline love it, certainly is a welcome change at this point.

It doesn't really happen that often that I immediately like a fragrance. Usually I have to work my way towards appreciating new scents but with this one...BAM! Instant infatuation and no need to wait a while, while the nasty top notes fade away, try it out again under different circumstances, in a different climate, let it settle on the skin, etc.... Hanae Mori is just plain likeable from start to finish. No harsh edges, no prominent or weird notes that stick out or slap you across the face, just seamless, smooth, velvety soft sweetness that gently caresses you and almost wants to take care of you, give you warm milk and cookies, wrap you in a blanket and kiss you softly on the cheek. It has that kind of a maternal feel to it. Inherent kindness somehow. If you feel like being mean or bitchy this is not the fragrance to wear on that particular day ;) If I had to compare it to something, strawberry milkshake is the thing that comes to mind (mixed with magical happiness juice!). The kind you were rewarded with as a kid after doing a really good job at something! Heavenly.

FYI I kind of get the comparison with Chopard Casmir, which I also have, but at the same time I also kind of don't get it. I mean I like both, but I like HM more. It is much smoother, quieter and easier to wear. Casmir could possibly be HM's bigger, louder, more obnoxious sister. You know, the one who wears too much makeup and blurts out things without thinking, only later to regret it. HM is more reserved, gentler, fresh-faced and innocent and would never dream of being inappropriate. The comparison with JS Fancy however I do not get at all. It has nothing in common with JS Fancy. I don't really understand where people are going with that one... Personally, I think it has more in common with JS Fancy Love if anything, with berries replacing the peach but the milky, creamy base remaining. Also, do not find it similar to VS Amber romance. Amber romance I don't particularly care for, it is much harsher and "in your face" imo. I would say HM is in a league of its own when it comes to sweet scent. Of all the sweet fragrances I have, HM (along with JS Fancy Love probably) is by far the best and easiest to wear, because of how subtle it is and because of it's creamy, non-bakery smelling sweetness (yes I'm talking to you Pink Sugar!).

UPDATE 29/02/2013:
So I think I have found a dupe for HM. Today I received Chopard Mira-Bai in a blind swap and to me it pretty much smells identical to HM (the dry down at least, minus the top notes), which might not come as a surprise since Mira Bai has been described as Chopard Casmirs little sister, which is also how I described HM, so accordingly there should be some similarities :)

harpist
harpist

This is a review for the EDP (blue butterfly):

The top notes of the berries were very refreshing mixed in with a milky floral scent. Eventually the dry down had a slight woodsy scent but it is very very light. If anything I would compare this to the soft drink Calpico- it has that yogurt-like creamy smell with a strawberry accent. It is simply delicious!

Actually, I did wear this before my sleep and my mother smelled it in the morning too. I wore this for a day on my clothes and skin and it actually lasted for 8 hours- it's still on me, in fact! The sillage was moderate too which makes me happy. It is also something that works very well with my chemistry (the only other perfume is D&G The One). It does not cloy and I don't get any allergies or headaches.

I think this is a safe and comforting fragrance, and it is something that I always want to smell more of. I imagine a young lady in a baby pink colored laced dress with nude suede boots or heels. She would carry a brown leather satchel and have lots of cutesy charms on her phone haha. I think it would make a wonderful winter/spring and daytime fragrance.

Some similar perfumes would be Fiori by Vince Camuto or the Kenzo Amour and I Love U lines; however they do not last as long on me nor have good sillage. I can't wait to have my own bottle of Hanae Mori! (:

arrode
arrode

This is my signature scent and my absolute favorite perfume. For me, this is a year-round scent. It's a very sweet perfume, but not juvenile smelling. I'm in my mid-twenties and I think it's just the right amount of sweet. It smells mostly of black currant, sandalwood, wood, strawberries, and almond tree to me. It also smells "smooth" to me, if that makes any sense. There's no harsh edge to the way this smells and it smells very warm. The EDP lasts for about 9 hours on me.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Review for the EDP, Blue butterfly.

I don`t understand why people say that Butterfly smells classy or sophisticated, it really doesn`t. No, it smells comforting!

It`s like your childhood poured in a bottle - strawberry milkshakes, scented erasers, and those plastic dolls that smelled like vanilla and powder. Very sweet and cute.
The plastic note is very strong I must say.

No sillage or longevity at all unfortunately, not even when I sprayed A LOT on clothing. Therefore I will not buy another bottle when this is empty.

A dead ringer for Dana French Vanilla, and the drydown of VS Amber Romance btw.

mel4
mel4

Blind ordered based on the reviews I read here. Not sure if I like it or not yet. Really not at all what I thought it to be. I had purchased the men's version for my husband and I love that so I was trying to find a female scent similar. Then I was tempted by the berry description of this and thought of Summer. I think it evolves from the first spray which is a good thing but it is very light.

lauraapadron
lauraapadron

DELICIOUS. smells like blackberries and cake, but not silly, sickenly sweet. just lovely sweet.. Super delicate and pleasant.

Elsee

Seriously one of the best I have tried lately! I was hooked the moment I smelled the sample the salesclerk gave me. I had no idea how good this was. I immediately thought it was similar to Casmir by Chopard, but it's SO MUCH BETTER.

It lasts all day long...this is some serious juice.
Try it, wear it for a day, you will fall in love.

belami5
belami5

I loved it when I tested it on a paper strip at Macy's, now it's giving me headaches. I have the EDT, 3.3 oz, used it few times... If anyone is interested, just let me know...

cinsot
cinsot

To me, HM smells like something I would enjoy drinking. It's full of booze. Please don't take this to mean I have a drinking problem because I don't thankfully, however, I do enjoy a glass of quality liqueur on the rocks from time to time.

The vanilla flavoured sandalwood blended with subtle naturally sweet berries stir my taste buds. I can hear the ice cubes clinking in my favourite heavy crystal tumbler when I wear this. Crazy but true.

Other than smelling delicious perhaps for all the wrong reasons, HM elicits compliments left, right and centre. A truly engaging aroma resonates from the skin: fruity, smooth, woody and sophisticated.

EDT and EDP smell very similar I agree. Have both, enjoy both.

Huglori
Huglori

I actually bought this perfume for my mother, thinking it was more her style than mine. But when it arrived she didn't like it at all.

On both of us after an initial spritz it smells very soft and powdery. We both prefer stronger scents (Mom-florals, me-fruity), so we put it aside. After half an hour or so, I sniffed my arm again and I began to like it better. Mom still doesn't like it, but I think I might wear it sometimes.

It is so very light to me and I can't pick out any one distinct scent. This perfume simply smells like a light, floral powder. I don't get the berries at all.

I don't think I'd purchase this again. It's a nice, soft perfume, but I prefer much stronger scents.

kitka
kitka

Loaded with many beautiful florals and berries...something for everybody. I was warned to get the EDT instead of the EDP and I must agree, they smell very different. The EDT is just the right strength to give this gorgeous fragrance the perfect depth. I wear this a lot and I know I am responsible for at least a few more bottles being sold to others that asked me what it was. Most people are not familiar with it, which makes it a more personal and unique one to have in your collection.

Camilla Margareta
Camilla Margareta

I am fascinated by this fragrance, when I first bought it I could wear it all the time day and night, after a while I started to feel a resistance to putting it on, almost making me nauseas (even though I still enjoy the smell). Can it be that the body has had its dose, and enough is enough, or is it because I live in a warmer climate, and this one is better for colder areas.

mariana
mariana

You may trust me: This is brilliant. Marvellous from the beginning to the end, creamy sandalwood plus a potent and succulent fruity vibe, a very tasty and special gourmand! EDP or EDT they are equally delicious. All thumbs up!

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

This scent breaks my heart. Why can't it be as gorgeous on my skin as it is on the test strip? On the paper strip, it's this lovely vanilla powder thing. On me...Flintstones vitamins. The berries are so synthetic on me that all I can think of are children's chewable vitamins or medicines. I really wish it liked my skin, because it's a beautiful scent, just not on me.

xXx CHAR xXx
xXx CHAR xXx

This fragrance is sooooo beautiful with great longevity. Really enjoy!!!

efmac
efmac

This fragrance is so lovely, I blind bought this and I did not think it would be this fantastic, judging by the slightly mixed reviews.
I personally can't smell all the notes mentioned, but I do get a gorgeous warm and cozy sweetness that I am finding addictive.
There is a powder element in the dry down, which is not overpowering, and the phantom vanilla note does indeed exist.
All in all, this is a keeper, a cuddly, 'snuggle up in bed with me' perfume.
I'm pleased I have found this beautiful perfume!

nikoleta1

Nice and sweet, vanilla all the way, replica of cashmere.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Nice fruity fragrance with an added powdery kick to it. I really smell the sandalwood in this! Unfornately, I don't smell the blueberry at all :(

Sweetnsexy
Sweetnsexy

This scent is so calming and I love that!

londonhermit
londonhermit

There are a lot of great reviews for this fragrance already. My overall impression is this fragrance as one of the best dry downs ever. I hate the opening it's strange and chemically to my olfactory system. However hours later I put a hoodie on that I had sprayed the perfume on and I loved it. The dry down is soft and comforting.

filmoyster
filmoyster

I enjoyed Hanae Mori's freshness and variety of notes. I found:

Within the first five minutes:
- Bright strawberry, blackberry, peony
- Sandalwood was very noticeable
- Sugary sweetness that was light and tolerable

The perfume evolves into:
- Vanilla and cream with sandalwood
- Berries are all gone after a half hour to hour
- Unfortunately went flat on me after two hours and just smelled like vanilla

*7/10 rating
*1/10 headache factor - this does not give me a headache.

filmoyster.wordpress.com

hegvie
hegvie

This is one of my absolute favorites! Even though vanilla is not one of this fragrance's notes, the combination of notes definitely gives a strong vanilla vibe. This "phantom" vanilla note is very sophisticated and gentle making someone to lean in a little closer to get a whiff. There's nothing "in your face" about this perfume, but it's definitely noticeable. It's very well balanced and blended to the point where I can't really detect specific notes like I can in other fragrances. I don't detect any kind of change in the scent over the course of a day, but it's lasting power is at least 8 hours on me. My husband loves this one!
Note: I have the edp.

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

I have the eau de parfum, and I have been wearing this on and off for the past two years. I am attracted to oriental scents, so I decided to give this one a try after reading many positive reviews. Like other reviewers have mentioned, this is a warm, unique scent. When I first began wearing it, I would smell a creamy vanilla, but there’s no vanilla in this perfume. The more I wore it, the more I could tell that the scent is more complex than a regular vanilla scent; it smells more exotic than vanilla. The almonds and strawberries are working so well together to create that sensual vanilla-esque smell. I appreciate the craft of this unique perfume, and if you like complex scents, I would recommend trying this.

I must say that I’m not the biggest fan of the top notes. Upon the initial spray, it’s extremely sweet (almost too sweet!), and there is also something that smells like chemicals. I’m not quite sure what it is, but it’s harsh. Fortunately, that "chemical" smell fades within minutes. The drydown is my favorite part of the perfume, which is good because the drydown clings to my skin and clothes all day. During the drydown, the almond is what I detect most on my skin, but the strawberries still keep it slightly sweet. A friend said it smelled like warm, rich vanilla cookies. And I can smell the perfume on my coats and jackets for several days after lightly misting on my wrist. Once, I took out my winter coat after months of being in storage, and I could still faintly smell Hanae Mori on the sleeves from last winter.

The scent is just very inviting. I don’t wear this daily just because it’s strong and heavy. My recommendation is to try this on first before committing if you can. This perfume seems to be either really strong/bold or delicate/light depending on the person’s natural chemistry. For me, it’s a warm, strong perfume even though I can detect the sweetness. I would not recommend wearing this on warmer days or days out in the sun. I did once and I felt like I was wearing a turtleneck in the desert! I only break this one out during the cool fall and winter. Personally, I love Hanae Mori, and I feel sophisticated and confident when I wear it. Give it a try! 5/5

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

Review for the Edt:

This is a really soft and powdery fragrance. It's sweet but not the cavity-creating sugary sweet that so many perfumes are. Hanae Mori is classy and not heavy at all, the scent just sort of lingers on the skin without ever being "in your face". I was totally shocked to learn there was no actual vanilla note in this because when I initially spray that's what I get lots and lots of vanilla. I think this is a very versatile fragrance wearing equally as well in warm and cool weather, day and night. The Edt lasted a surprising 7 hours on my skin but had low to medium sillage. I did have a gentlemen in line behind me at the grocery store ask the name as he wanted to purchase it for his girlfriend. Great everyday scent.

A wonderful modern fruityflowery scent. Too sweet for my taste, but great. Very longlasting and less is more, if you spray on 3-4 spritzes this one will be very heavy and strongsmelling. Timeless - both younger and middleaged women can wear Hanae EdP.

En härligt modern fruktblommig doft. Dock för söt för min smak. Väldigt långlivad på min hud. Lite är lagom, om du sprejar på 3-4 sprejningar så blir den tung och kvalmig, starkt doftande. Tidlös - både tjejen och kvinnan kan bära Hanae EdP i mitt tycke.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

This is just such a beautiful blend of wild blueberry and raspberry, all grown up and kind of surrealistic (definitely not sour or too juicy). It reveals a hearth of sensual womanly flowers and is supported by a light but grounding combo of delicious base notes. I do get the vanilla smell that you are supposed to smell in the overall composition. On me this strong, long lasting eau fraiche behaves in quite an unusual way. The berries are much present until the end and it is quite linear, which is totally ok in a perfume like this. The heart of florals is strong on my skin and I am very grateful for this. It is the heart that makes this perfume womanly, and not just girly. The vanilla scent is not gourmand, but slightly synthetic like a scented toy. Hard to describe but this eau fraiche is a must have for anyone who likes vanilla/berry scents. There are so many bad vanilla/berry combos out there. I feel like this one is in its own class. It is also good for oriental lovers who wish to have a more "gourmand" or "soft" feminine perfume in their collection, I believe.

I bought this at the same time as I bought Hanae Mori HM for my boyfriend. I recommend both highly!

Soie

First heard about this around 2000 or so. The big thing about it was that, though it supposedly has a vanillic scent, vanilla isn't among its notes. A combination of other notes (specifically strawberry and almond) is said to be responsible for the illusionary scent of vanilla.

To my nose this does not smell anything like vanilla, cookies, cake, baby powder or wipes. It is an adult fragrance which, to me, smells more like patchouli (which isn't even supposed to be one of its notes) than it does anything else. After a while, though, when the "almond tree" note comes out, the fragrance takes on sort of deep, not too sweet, cherry almond scent.

There is said to be a note of praline in this, and it is probably this note (though it's not included in the above list) which contributes the candied sweetness to this fragrance, and also gives some the impression that they are smelling vanilla.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I have worn this since it first launched. I do not have a signature scent and I RARELY buy a frag twice as I tend to bore easily and always want to find "something new". But THIS has been in my wardrobe since it launched (3 bottles). For me it is the HG of fruit, floral, woody and vanilla combos. All I can say about this is: This is what Pink Sugar will NEVER but can only HOPE to be . . . . All Grown Up and Sexy!!! YUMMY!!!

nimiel22
nimiel22

I will start by saying that I like this in moderation and when my mood allows. To me this smells like the scented My Little Ponies that I used to have as a child. If it was a My Little Pony, her name would be Strawberry Milkshake. Slightly plastic, apparent synthetic berries, and sweet vanilla almond milk base.

synergypsy
synergypsy

I've really tried to like this fragrance, but can't get beyond the "sharpness". The sandalwood which, for me, comes right off the top, is like a knife. The patchouli is unrestrained and overwhelms the more delicate florals and berry accords that I sense are there. Then there is the vanilla which, encouraged by the sandalwood presents its sharp edge rather than warmth. IMHO this fragrance is at war with itself.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

I LOVE THIS ...EVER SINCE 1995...HAD TO CATCH UP TO TO IT AGAIN...THE PURE PARFUME IS THE BEST...SO WORTH IT LAYERED WITH THE BODY CREAM....SO NON - SYNTHETIC AND VERY NICHE!

danimcneil
danimcneil

Hanae mori is beautiful! I have always enjoyed sweet scents and love vanilla. But my #1 category is floral aquatic. But this may have me change my mind...hanae mori smells to me of family, good memories, holidays, hugs, happiness. It smells how I would like to be remembered. This is full of vanilla but with a definitely fruit/ woods/ musk backdrop. Do not take this though as something u have smelt before. I take hanae mori as an experience. One I would like to always own. I'm afraid if I was ever without a bottle, a piece of me would be missing.

cinema1974
cinema1974

love this found a good deal at Department store... love the vanilla hues with flowery and deep sugar cane smell like maui sugar...it just deep sweet love it...

curvealert
curvealert

Oh Windolene! I'd forgotten what you smelled like.

Try this before you buy; from the reviews I've read here it seems that for some this is the Holy Grail of scents. On me it's the most revolting, obnoxious fragrance I've ever worn and I'm quite partial to all the individual notes in the perfume, but none of them go together on my skin. This 'everything plus the kitchen sink' composition takes me back to the sensory experiences I had when visiting my West Indian aunties when I was a kid growing up in London.

I was always greeted by a garish "God Bless This House" picture on the wall in the hallway - a sign of things to come. In the front room, I was then assaulted by the clash of colours of the wallpaper and the flowery, psychedelic carpet, the paraffin heater in the corner belching resinous fumes, tacky plastic covering the settee and the overwhelming smell of window cleaner. By the time I'd consumed a few bottles of Corona cherryade the sensory coup d'etat was complete, and I'd sit for a while watching TV in a trippy, sugary, headache inducing carbon monoxide haze.

Unpleasant.

lilmac13
lilmac13

When I first tried this, it seemed too girly/sweet for my style (was wearing Eau d'Issey). But I kept coming back to it in the store, got addicted to the tiny sample, and finally splurged on the edt. The opening is strawberry shortcakey, very sweet, but the drydown is awesome--like everyone says, it's vanilla but not-vanilla, soft and beautiful. And it gets plenty of compliments.

I like to switch off with less sweet scents, but will be coming back to this for a while--I haven't smelled anything like it on my skin, a good, wearable scent that's truly unique.

rickyrebarco

I just bought this scent and started wearing it again. I remembered that I loved it when I first discovered it in the 1990's. I was surprised at the sweetness, which is now common in fragrances, but was not in 1995. I smell the berries at first, but then mostly the flowers and I love the drydown where the rosewood and cedar come out. There is the effect of a strong vanilla note and I do see the comparison to
Casmir by Chopard, another favorite.

For some reason, I had never thought of Hanae Mori as an oriental before. Now I see it and I really enjoy the depth of the fragrance, especially a few hours after you have sprayed it on. It becomes less overtly sweet, but more comforting and warm, like a scented cashmere wrap, with vanilla and woody notes keeping it from seeming too gourmand to me. I am loving my reacquaintance with this beauty. I think we are going to be fast friends forever

Fizzy
Fizzy

Smells like Casmir Chopard. Maybe more naturally.
I can smell Fragonards Miranda in it too. Very sweet.

I bought Hanae Mori, EdT, there is no name of butterfly on it or pink butterfly. The cup looks like butterfly- so pretty. I think, today you can buy Hanae Mori Pink butterfly /the new version of the old Hanae Mori/ and Hanae Mori Blue butterfly - the new version of Hanae Mori Eau de Fraiche/.

Excellent silage and and longevity, until next day. Radiant day fragrance.

caca102
caca102

Not my cup of tea. It's funny how everyone (including myself) noticed the vanilla note yet it was not listed on the pyramid. It is sweet and creamy, if you are not into this kind of fragrances it can be nauseating. If you like creamy or vanilla fragrances you should give this a try. I can see why some reviewers find it comforting and warm. To me it smells like some of the girls' toys I played when I was little-- very strong plasticy sweetness. Longevity is very good, lasted (unfortunately for me) all day.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

I’ve tried the EDT, EDP, and the Parfum versions of this fragrance and decided that the BEST version is invariably the Parfum version as far as longevity, projection, and overall quality. The EDT was too weak on my skin and had a urine-like, almost bug repellant note in it that I couldn’t get past. The EDP version was an improvement as that unpleasant note disappeared. But the Parfum version really nailed it. It is the least woody and fruity of the concentrations and yet it is also the richest of them all. The berries here aren’t juicy but rather have that “cooked” feeling as in a decadent fruity vanilla cream cake that just came out of the oven. The florals present themselves in a supporting role, ylang ylang being in the lead, and yet never tempering with the gourmand aroma of the fragrance. This makes it incredibly sensual, making this MUCH more than just a vanilla cake batter fragrance. There are no indolic notes, no bitterness, no sharp woods. Everything is divinely blended. I highly recommend everyone to try the Parfum version. There hasn’t been one guy that smelled this and didn’t want to smell it again by coming audaciously closer to me with a moan escaping their lips!! This is a rare vanillic gem. And I’d dare to call it a masterpiece!

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

This is similar to Vanilla Musk but I find it smells lighter on the musk. I can definitely smell sandalwood, Virginia cedar and rose. It is a comforting scent and I did not realize what a range it had until my mother sprayed it once to try it without telling me and I walked into the room; it smelled wonderful. Thanks to ichellimay for swapping it to me.

Aspendina
Aspendina

I don't know if I am reviewing the right one, this review is for the Butterfly (blue/edp) I really like it but wow does it smell EXACTLY like Coty Vanilla Musk, there for WHY would u pay sooooooo much money on this when u can just go get a bottle of Vanilla Musk for under $20? This is very nice though :-)

It's a sweet and yummy delight!

This fragrance smells very vanilla with the yummy berries, especially the blackberry note is noticeable, beautified with the charming peony note and the noticeable ylang-ylang note, which makes this fragrance really intensive.

Actually, on me this fragrance smells like a syrup made of raspberry and vanilla. Something like this. Very gourmand fragrance!

And the package of it with the butterflies is very pretty!

I like this fragrance. It makes my mood better. The only disappointment is... that it's uneatable:))) Because it smells too tasty!:)

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

This fragrance lasted all day on me. It is a little too sweet for my taste but not unpleasant. Wearing this was a refreshing change for me. I would recommend this to anyone who likes sweet fragrances that are not overpowering.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

This is such a joyous fragrance. It is sweet but not cloying and energetic without being frenetic. Usually fruity scents leave me quickly but this one lingered pretty nicely throughout the day. By the time I got home, I had to sniff my skin to smell it, but it was still there. Since my skin seems to eat scent, that's enough to please me. It did do something odd, about 4-5 hours in, I got sharp green blasts, like from cut stems. That is great with me, although not what I expected from this. And maybe not what some who are drawn to fruity/vanilla scents love. It lasted perhaps an hour at most, maybe it was the last blast of sillage.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

This is a soft, powdery smell. It reminds me of sun tan lotion and laying out on the beach. This is summer in a bottle.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

Took me forever to even get a sample of this. I started out not liking "powder" notes in perfume. Probably because the few I came across were just either baby powder smelling to me or some very perfumey/yucky flowery powder... however, after falling in love with the E.L. Sensuous Noir drydown which has such a lovely semi-sweet, semi-fruity powder note that lingers long after the high and mid notes are gone, I realized that I might be missing out on a large slice of the perfume pie!

A dear friend had told me that she loved Hanae Mori and because I know she has impeccable fragrance taste, I finally ordered a couple samples on eBay during a recent sample buying spree. :)

Oh, at first I didn't like it....the initial blast has something in it I don't ususally like, but it passed SO quickly... 10 seconds or less.. and so it did not take long before it dried down to that lovely, LOVELY sweet powder scent that I am now totally addicted to. I immediately ordered a 1.7oz perfume bottle. However, I tested the EDT, so I'm curious what the difference is.

The strawberry is there, but if y'all had not TOLD me it was strawberry, I would never have known. Its just sweet, and vanilla. And NOT the play doh vanilla that I found in Annick Goutal's Vanille Exquise. Can't believe I did a blind buy on THAT.

I went to the store to buy dog food (TMI?) and the woman at the register inhaled deeply and said "YOU smell WONDERFUL"... wow... I hardly ever get compliments on my perfumes. So, while some might find it too sweet (I have no idea how you could find this too sweet... I live in the land of Pink Sugar and CK Euphoria, so to me, this is mild in comparison on the sweetness scale), I find it perfect. Like the sprinkling of confectioner's sugar on an angel food cake that someone cut up fresh strawberries and tossed a few of those on top. This is not complicated or layered. It is straight up yummy.

I also think that this is a very close cousin (not a sister, mind you, but a close cousin) of Jessica Simpson's Fancy. Fancy has more caramella and some dry tobacco leafy-ness to it... but the dry downs are very very similar. Just sayin'.

Pari88
Pari88

Mmmmmm :-) . Great for all year round. The scent really evokes the feeling of being a happy, floating butterfly, in a quaint little garden. I absolutely adore this. It is a "memory" scent; the kind you smell years down the road and associate with a certain person or place. That is how I feel about it. As soon as I smelled this it felt so familiar and comforting, and then, just like that, I remembered! I remember being in elementary school and one of my teachers would always smell like this. She was a young, smart, graceful, fun loving, happy woman, with blue eyes and blonde hair and loved to show off her river dancing moves for our class. I always remembered how her fiance would come in to class on random days and surprise her with gifts. I wished to always have a smile on my face as she did, and to find someone with the kind of love she possessed (I am a hopeless romantic and truly love to daydreaming).
A new favorite. A must try for all. It is a happy, carefree, sensual scent for all ages.

EDIT: Hmmm..there's no vanilla in these notes. Must be the combination of all the fruits plus the sandalwood & ylang ylang. I absolutely adore the rosewood in this one, I can smell it very prominently (new fave note!). It is what gives this one that sharp notes, or it's uniqueness. The sandalwood, fruits and ylang make this smell like a heavenly rare vanilla, and the peony, cedar, and rosewood give it a bite! Vanilla fields is strictly vanilla and musk, a good layering scent, and way too heavy for spring or summer wear, whereas this one is year round and signature worthy.
Lovers of this will love D&G pour femme & Casmir Chopard. I say, Hanae Mori in the Spring, D&G pour femme in the Summer, and Casmir for the Fall and Winter.

yunvme
yunvme

Give this one a chance. It grows on you. I didn't like it at all and put it away for the winter. As the weather has heated up and I needed a switch I reached for this to try again. In my opinion this is a fragrance that does better in the heat. You need a light hand with this one too. I agree, berry smoothies with a touch of vanilla.

chowchow41
chowchow41

Hanae Mori you are Chopard Casmir summer edition. I liked you on first spritz. You are just what i need. A soft vanilla with powder and a hint of fruit. Im glad i can add you to my collection. You are a blind buy but soooooooooo worth it. Thanks everyone here for convincing me to blind buy.
I have the EDP.

scouserdog
scouserdog

Makes me smell like a vanilla cupcake - do not like it at all - my dog keeps sniffing me and licking her lips. Might be OK on an innocent teenager but not on a grown up.

le-disko
le-disko

this is a very unique scent but i've grown from it. have a 50ml EDP (Blue Butterfly) up for swap.
Aussie swaps only. PM me.

c0uture
c0uture

I like this perfume. The scent is light but unique. Great for everyday use!

Hanae Mori is unfortunately a relatively unknown brand in Australia, and its obscurity drove me crazy. For years I wanted to get hold of this very popular vanilla gourmand to smell it for myself, and to end the torment. Finally I was given the chance when a sample of Hanae Mori was sent my way.

What struck me almost immediately, was the rather unpredictable opening. I was expecting straight-up, sweet vanilla, so the somewhat fruity, berry smoothie-like introduction really surprised me.

Hanae Mori EDT has a beautiful strawberry accord. The scent reminds me of strawberries and cream flavoured icecream. Absolutely delicious! It is most definitely a gourmand, however occasionally it merges into oriental vanilla territory.

This is a very heavy fragrance, so I highly recommend a light application. Get too carried away with the spritzing, and you could land yourself a headache and a few dirty looks. However, in small doses, Hanae Mori is beautiful. I had a slight fear that this would be a teen-only kind of gourmand, but I'm pleased to say that women would enjoy wearing this too.

Towards the drydown, Hanae Mori loses a lot of the sugary berries and settles into a beautiful warm vanilla and sandalwood blend. Despite its somewhat juvenile and fruity introduction, the end is clearly more mature and sensual. The vanilla note is deliciously creamy and smooth.

Hanae Mori EDT is a great recommendation for women seeking a fragrance with either strawberry, vanilla or gourmand qualities, or even the three combined. The longevity is fabulous, as is the sillage. I am really impressed. Australia needs to start selling this.

rosecat
rosecat

Received as a gift today :) its very sweet!!! Vanilla all the way, it is actually exactly like "Harajuku wicked style Baby", except this original is quality and very long lasting. It's also similar to "meow" in it's sweet vanilla way. This s not fruity at all on me nor is it floral. It's like vanilla sugar comfort scent.

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

Tested: MEN LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE!!

this's my go-to date fragrance, never fails to bring the most hearty compliments.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I love these, what is difference between the different bottles, blue or pink butterfly and now I read a red butterfly? Same smell, just edp, edt or pure perfume? I'm going to buy a FB, but I like to get the parfum. Thanks...so fresh and clean smeling with a powder undertone, and very Victorian with lace curtains and rose drapes and lace tablecloths with collections of paper weights on the table with butterflies encased in glass. I love it. Thanks

LillyBunnyBoo
LillyBunnyBoo

Sigh. Got this sample in the mail today - I soooo wanted to like it. Unfortunately, it smells like deodorant on me. I agree with some reviews below - the drydown is kind of pleasant. But not until after several hours. lol Still smelling my arm; still smells like deodorant. Not for me.

ladywildswan
ladywildswan

I won't be running out to buy this perfume, not that I have anything negative to say. It is just like so many others, pleasant but ordinary. Unremarkable in my book... Not bad, not great. I will continue to wear it for several days as I always do, and if anything develops I will let you know... but for now it's ordinary.

bluestarrdust
bluestarrdust

I like this scent, just not on me so much. It is really "sharp". Has a very nice dry down though

Pace,MioDolceCuore
Pace,MioDolceCuore

LOVE this! I have quite the drawer full of 'difficult' fumes, but I really wanted something that stood in contrast to the big Guerlains and Serge Lutens- I wanted something sweet for those days when you want sweet, but sweet that doesn't scream VANILLA EXTRACT!!!!!!!! in any obnoxious way. Not every day has to be the strong, impressive superwoman that handles it all- sometimes I want to put on a flowery dress and frolick along the cherry trees.

The opening is actually quite un-sweet to my nose but a few minutes later I feel enveloped in lovely sweetness, with a hint of berries (just barely).

Where Jessica Simpson's "Fancy" reminds me of burned sugar on the stove- this one actually makes you want to take a nose dive into a tub full of aromatic angel cake with plenty of cream and dusted with a little bit of silky decadence. For some reason I want to pair this with red wine- must be the berries that I don't really get all that much- but it makes me think of them.

This is the stuff that Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar would like to be.

Lovely scent to curl up to in your favorite cosy and girly outfit, with a cup of tea. Amazingly enough I can see this work on 18 year olds as well as mature women with a tousled knot of hair in the back, you know, the Grace Kelly kind of updo. Just in a more relaxed way.

Will love reaching for this one more and more.
(I have the blue Eau de Parfum)

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I have the EDP and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I was going to get the parfum but the EDP is plenty strong (and EDP's last longer because they have less oils in them). I also have the EDT rollerball but it is VERY weak. So I would definitely recommend the EDP. I think that's what I like about this. It's not too strong and never gives me a headache. This by far is my favorite perfume I own, and my favorite perfume of all time. It is a sweet, strawberry, almond/praline, slightly floral oriental that is never heavy, and I always want to smell myself over and over when I have it on. This is the sweet smell for those who want something more sophisticated and grown-up than, let's say, Pink Sugar or Britney Spears Fantasy (Btw I have both of those too!) Also, the bottle is gorgeous and classy. I got this at Target.com and I saved a LOT of money, just FYI.

yettb
yettb

This is one my husband likes so that is good! when I first apply it it is sharp to me but not fruity at all more like strong extract of vanilla and nut something later is is lovely wood and vanilla very easy to wear and long lasting - not overpowering a bit powderey very beautiful bottle I could wear this one for any occaision and it is not going to scream out at people who think they are allergic to perfumes (ie I can wear it to work!)

reusch210
reusch210

This is a great quality scent that is beautiful and lasts a long time. My husband complimented it.. for some reason it is just not me.

DelicateOrchid
DelicateOrchid

Very very sweet, very girly, very youthful. I definitely get sugary, creamy treats with a little almond & some sandalwood. I do get a little strawberry in the top-notes (along with a ton more sugar). Is there vanilla in the composition? Maybe not, maybe it is just almond? I feel this would be a good scent for an evening out dancing during early autumn. This would be well suited for a young woman, but I could see a much more mature woman also wearing this...maybe as a daytime fragrance though. This is quite sexy, alluring. I could see this being appealing to a mass market, probably a good blind buy for someone 18-25 who loves sweet scents. This is a classier choice for someone who wears Pink Sugar (Aquolina).

Lee79

I agree Melbritt24. This is one of my favorites. Smells nothing like Jessica Simpson Fancy at all. I have Fancy...they smell completely different.

melbritt24
melbritt24

I disagree with the comment by desertrat below....

J.S. Fancy is cloyingly sticky and chemical...gives me a headache!

Hanae Mori is polished praline/almond/vanilla that isn't overly sweet. It's lady-like and dries down with a slight muskiness that is sexy yet unpretentious!

One of the loveliest perfumes I have ever smelled!
I give it 5 STARS!

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

Drive-by Berry!

I totally missed the initial berries upon spraying today, but my vial is kind of old. I used to wear HM often, but it has been some time since I last wore it. Perhaps the berries have retired a bit. I'll try spraying again another day to get the full effect. Oo! I just caught a whiff of berry, and it has been about 30 min since I sprayed. Drive-by berry!

Anyway, for such a sweet perfume, it develops into a nicely refined, soft fragrance that evokes coziness and sensuality.

I truly dislike how the HM chose to use completely different colors for the box design. To me, different colors (not different shades of the same color) constitute a whole other fragrance - - not concentration level.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

I love No. 4, so it made sense to try this one too. Plus one of my BFFs used at there wedding.

But on me, I find it unpleasant during the first hour. Maybe too much sandalwood. There is a sour note I don't care for. I cannot smell strawberry, so maybe that is coming out in the wrong way on my skin. I definitely smell the vanilla, jasmine, sandalwood & almonds, but they are too overbearing for me. And whatever fruit I should be smelling is too tart or not the right balance for my skin.

After an hour the dry down is much nicer. Powder for sure but modern powdery.

Overall, I think the jasmine ruins this one for me. I just am not happy smelling like this.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

how someone can rate for rasperry as a noticable note, if the pyramid doesn t even show this huh!!! well i purchased it blind because of the nice reviews and it's fame (bought edp blue butterfly) and there's no regret.
this perfume is gourmand pinky floral with berries, longlasting (average+), intense and tender. it opens really sweet berrish, then it becomes even sweater with those intense sweet flower aromas of ylang-ylang and rose, peony and jasmine, a truly beautiful gourmandish flowerbomb :))) the drydown is creamy woody and berries, flowers are still there. the scent doesn t change a lot, it stays quite linear gormandish from top to bottom. a gem !

karin.popovic
karin.popovic

Perfume Pyramid and Main Notes According to Your Votes
and also the description has completaly other notes! what's wrong here ? what about pink and blue butterfly, is this the one with rasperry and praline? what about yellow butterfly? what's the difference beween them=? confusing! 4 different pictured bottles and 2 different pyramids for one perfume, how this!?
plz help. here 's something really wrong listed.

Hayven
Hayven

I have found a new love, and it's Hanae Mori. It's a light scent but with good longevity and could be worn any season. It's like a bowl of a whipped strawberry dessert, airy and light but with an undertone of floral notes. Powder and vanilla round out the drydown. So wonderful!

June18
June18

Sweet...very sweet...so-o sweet!!!
Third day - still sweet!!!
Need I say more?!! ;-)
PS I have the lightest (Yellow)...

Scarlette
Scarlette

Funny how the 3 strongest listed notes aren't even one of the actual notes. So sweet, yet still remains very interesting and sexy.

Luscious & Delicious...Sugared berries & pralines & smooth sandalwood. I like it very much, but I smelled Insolence eau de Parfum,and there is no other in the fruity-floral category that touches it.

Lee79

I just received my samples of this. I can smell all the yummy top notes. Its soft and sorta powdery. Lasts quite a while too. I'll buy the bottle, as soon as I finish my 5 samples I got off ebay. :)

Edit: I ended up buying the bottle before I finished the samples. I bought the parfum bottle. This is one of the best scents I've ever come across. Its dries down so creamy and lovely. I love it!!!

aqua76239
aqua76239

I tested it at least 6 times trying to figure out the whether it should go on my wish list. Yes, I do like it. Is it love? Not sure. Despite everyone mentioning strawberry notes, I really can't smell it unless someone tells me"its strawberries", then yes, I will "get" it. I get mostly jasmine and ylang-ylang, two of my favorite notes and some vanilla with sandalwood. Having said that it smells more like a gourmand than floral-oriental. Sweet and rather delicious. To my surprise, lasting power is not very good for this sort of scent. I got several samples from nice Nordstrom's SA of not just edt but body lotion also. Even layered with lotion, it only lasts about 2 hours after which it just fades away. I don't know if edp is longer lasting? Def will try and see. This is lovely scent though and I may get a bottle for my stash although I don't think I would pay full price

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Hanae Mori is luxurious sweetness! Gourmand vanilla, honey, almond and sugar cookie with a smooth sandalwood base. It’s delicious!

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

I love strawberries in perfume and it doesn't get any more strawberry than this beauty. This is very pretty and I like it a lot. There is something in there that is to chemical for a little while to stop me.from completely loving it....I'm not.sure what it is. I think one note that's a little unbalanced. This is a sweet dessert type scent for grown women. Any age.can wear.this. its.really pretty, femininine and long lasting. The.secret is don't.wear.too Mich. This is heavenly with two or three squirts. I have the.blue one.the.Eau de padding.....I want the actual perfume.

ArkangeL

They say vanilla is an aphrodisiac and Ylang Ylang is the seductive flower. Splashed with dark berries, glistened with peony, romanced by rose and sugared with praline... this fragrance makes love to my senses. Pure Parfum is by far the best concentration, propelling every note within it's sensual structure.

susan1326
susan1326

I so, so wanted to love this scent. But the first notes, middle and base reminded me of the synthetic smell of a plastic doll's head. I see other reviewers had a similar experience. I keep going back to it about once a month since I paid close to $100 for it, but can't get over my buyer's remorse.
Edit: smells exactly like Lollia Relax, which I love due to the description of honey and lavender elements. Suppose I've had a paradigm shift for HM. I'll just think of it as a very honeyed scent and change my perception!

Lady Odeur
Lady Odeur

Butterfly is more gourmand than floriental. In the opening red berries smell delicious. After ten minutes vanilla and lemon become prominent and the perfume smells like a lemon pie! Thirty minutes later, it turns from gourmand to floriental. Now i can slightly smell flowers but lemon and vanilla is still there. Without lemon this fragrance would be very sweet but now it is good.

KFried
KFried

Yeowch. I hate to leave a negative review, but I've promised myself I would review them as honestly as I can because other people's reviews are so helpful to me.

I have a mini sample and when I sprayed it on I had an instant flashback to 8th grade when I used to wear Vanilla Fields. That, and a towering permed hairdo thanks to Aqua Net hairspray, which I can smell in this perfume too. All I need now to go with it is a retainer and hammer pants.

I can pull a little bit of the berries out of this, but all in all it's a synthetic vanilla and a scrubber for me. I think I just can't get past the feeling of being back in middle school!

carinas
carinas

Saw it in TJ Maxx for a very good price. I knew it was sweet, but based on the reviews "it was sweet, but not cloying". So I couldn't resist and got a bottle. Ran to the car, while still in the parking lot in front of TJM, opened the box (beautiful bottle btw) and spritzed. Wow, the sweetness of the juice almost turned my stomach. Scrolled down the windows and gasped for the fresh air. Ran back to TJM and returned it immediately. Drove home, car windows down and my head almost out of the window, trying not to become ill.
I got the same reaction while sniffing Chopard Casmir, thankfully, I sniffed it from the paper in the store without purchasing it first.
After the experience with Hanae Mori and Casmir, I avoid all the sweet vanilla bombs out there. The only vanilla I still use is Eau de Shalimar, which I usually layer with something tart and citrusy, to balance the sweetness.

babyphat2011
babyphat2011

Great scent but, the $ they charge @ Macy's is a ridiculous rip-off. You will get your best deal on Ebay. I bought the perfume on Ebay & I got a hell of a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!

artsymom

I still like this perfume (I have the EDT). I bought a sample of the matching body cream to see if that would help extend its wear and unfortunately, it makes it turn to pure vanilla. I would not recommend this duo unless you WANT that effect. I personally enjoy the tart raspberry/strawberry note and that's what sets it apart from other plain vanilla scents, so the body cream was not a good option for me. I guess I will just have to reapply...
note- even with the vanilla-loaded body cream, it does NOT smell like powdery cheesecake on me.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Oh lord, this is probably the most synthetic vanilla i ve come across .. A very cloying sweet fragrance that would be as half bad in my books if it didnt have that annoying tart note to it.
Actually i still dont know what it is, is it the raspberry or soured blackcurrantS? Indeed it is very floral and powdery as described by many , however this did not seem "sophisticated" to me, but rather a strawberry and potpourri scented talcum powder.Despite all that, i can see why some women might love it. It does have it s charms but smelling like a powdery cheesecake really is not my thing. Unfotunately i bought both the edp and parfum version as a blind buy... ohh greedy me.

artsymom

I have the EDT and I love it! It's all strawberry, raspberry and powdery vanilla on me. The berries keep it from being too sweet. It's along the same lines as Burberry Women- different fruit, but same feeling - a little more tart than Burberry. Simply a pleasure to wear. It makes me very happy!

Emerald17
Emerald17

Hmmm...something about this reminds me of Coty "Vanilla Fields". I hardly get any of the berries mentioned in HM. HM & Vanilla Fields both have gardenia, vanilla, patchouli, & sandalwood, so that might be why. It smells nice, but nothing outstanding to me. I'm more likely to wear this on a night out, than lounging around the house or strolling through the park or a mall. I think one should use a light hand with this, as it can be a bit cloying (as with VF) to your neighbors (or even yourself).

Chelle1980
Chelle1980

Bought this in both edt and edp. It is a nice powdery vanilla scent. The opening reminds me of lemon heads candy lol. It is very long lasting and projects well. I must say the edp is longer lasting but close to the skin. The edt projects better. I don't love this but I do enjoy it when I wear it.

Ava22
Ava22

I just got this yesterday!! OMG this is a pure masterpiece.The boys are chasing me like I'm the last women on earth.I think the Ylang ylang and vanilla got them going gaga for me!! It smells so pretty, innocents and very alluring.To me it last a all day and night even my male dog wont stop humping my leg!This is a very Feminine fragrance and not overpowering but just enoughe to make men go gaga!!Also your male pets will love it too!!

piluna
piluna

Have a mini tester EDT.

Notes in the first spray is ylang ylang, jasmine and vanilla almond. I thought it would smell more vanilla, but it's strongly floral too in the begining. Smells mostly light vanilla almond when it dries down.

It's a light floral vanilla smell. I like it and will be purchasing a bigger bottle later on..;)

poppyred
poppyred

I smell like a Vanilla Cookie when wearing this. I couldn't sell the bottle on ebay. However, some guy at a bar couldn't get over this fragrance - he must have been craving cookies.

LuElste
LuElste

Version EDT (Pink Butterfly), is excellent! Vanilla almond and red fruit with fresh enough to use in the spring. Silage great and amazing longevity. Everyone asks the perfume I'm wearing.
The EDP (blue butterfly), however, is closed and too vanilla. It reminds me Casmir (Chopard) and the notes do not evolve in the skin. The silage and longevity are also smaller than in version toilete

olga1780

I finally had to give it away after many attempts to wear it. The sweetness gets too cloying after a while and totally devoif of refinement and sophistication.
Gave it away to a friend who was raving about it. It makes me feel much better knowing someone is enjoying it and it's not just wasting away on the shelf.

cdz28
cdz28

The vanilla is too overpowering for me. When I wore the fragrance, I felt like a cupcake.

riotgrrl
riotgrrl

When I first tried on Hanae Mori, I was a little disappointed. It seemed like your basic vanilla scent -- it overpowered all the other notes in the perfume. However, during the drydown, it reveals the other, more fragile notes, which make it the lovely perfumes it really is.

Hanae Mori is almost vanilla/gourmand but not quite; there's something lurking in the background that tempers it and makes it smell a bit floral and fruity, and there's something in there that reminds me of damp wood and incense.

It has fairly good silage and excellent longevity; I would spray some on in the evening before I went to bed, and when I woke up I could still smell it on my wrist. This perfume is incredibly comforting, by the way. Something about it reminds me of being wrapped in a big, white cashmere blanket. It's also a rather innocuous work fragrance. I hope I can get my hands on a full bottle someday soon (I bought the 1.2 mL tester)!

cassibella
cassibella

It's kind of odd that this perfume is one on my 'Love it!' shelf because to be honest, I don't love it when I first spray it on. There's some sharp note that I can't quite place, but it reminds me of hairspray. The White Rain hairspray of my childhood that my mother used all the time, in particular.

However, a little patience goes a long way because after just a few minutes that strange chemical smell dissipates into a lovely, creamy strawberries-over-vanilla combination. The drydown especially is what puts Hanae Mori on my 'Love it!' list--I sometimes find that I'm constantly sniffing myself because the vanilla-but-not-vanilla base notes are so comforting--there's something a bit fresher about it than true vanilla, almost a watery note, possibly from the fruit-and-praline combination. The EDT lasts a really long time on me, too--one or two spritzes and I can still smell it a full day later, until it's washed off in the shower.

Next time I'm out I might test the EDP--I'm wondering if the chemical hairspray opening might be something that's just a bit off in the EDT, or just in my own bottle.

;-)
;-)

Bought Hanae Mori blind after reading reviews. Don't regret it. I find it too sweat to wear daily, would not suit my profsessional me. Fruits, powdery, woderful flower, vanilla (some say it's almond wood and strawberries that gives the illusion of vanilla) some kind of incense of a woody kind, for me who grew up in Japan this really smells Japanese. Read some were that not even a stripper would use it out of work, but to me it's seductive with out beeing cheep and in fact if I wear it to bed my husband comes cuddling up really close and thats a bonus. For me it's a all season freetime perfume, classy dinner as well as trips to the beach. Love it but not signature quality.

uwoduhi
uwoduhi

Lovely, just lovely. One of my favorite perfumes; perfect for Spring! Light, sweet but not too sweet, and very feminine. I also think it's perfectly suitable for any age, as my mother and grandmother LOVE it as well. :)

mariacat
mariacat

All I can think of when I smell this is... baby wipes and baby powder. I can't detect any of the notes listed for some reason. Maybe my chemistry is off.

krissycat
krissycat

Upon first blast of this frag I smell Vanilla Fields by Coty. I know I'm not crazy, I absolutely smell Vanilla Fields in the top notes.. not that its a bad thing, but there's no denying vanilla is coming through. But as this is drying down it is becoming softer and more cake like. I'm starting to smell a little bit of the strawberry note now. Interesting little perfume. I definetely think of the summer while smelling it, and I almost feel as if I'm at a farm stand on eastern Long Island waiting on line to buy one of their homemade pies. Nice scent..

Java Sparrow

I would like to add 3 details to my previous review: 1.as the vanilic smell in it is very diffrent than the other vanillas in perfumes I know, it's "almondy", I agree that this note could be rather mix of almonds and fruits. 2.I believe I can feel that "plastic" note too. But it's nice for me, not synthetic and I think it's another unexpected mix of ingredients(perhaps jasmin plus praline?).3. The bottle is beautiful and luxurious with a stopper made of something like glass. This makes the bottle elegant and gives a pleasant feeling while using it.

Java Sparrow

I was hunting for this one so much and finally I get it.
As I expected (after reading the reviews and seeing the notes),the blind buy wasn't disappointment at all. It's even better that I could imagine! I thought it would be delicious, edible and sweet (which is great for such a gourmand lover like me) but it is also very sophisticated and unusual scent. Moreover,my husband found it extremely sexy. In my opinion, this is definitely gourmand or floral - gourmand, not oriental. The notes of fruits, praline and vanille are perfectly mixted together - it stays fresh and delicous, not sickly sweet. Very uplifting, sweet and energetic, longlasting, really fantastic scent which is now my signature fragrance (before it was Jewel).

srimati
srimati

I agree that it's not really an oriental, instead a floral-fruity juice that's mostly fruity and very sweet but I did like it and plan to add it into my collection.

Adorabella
Adorabella

I bought this on a whim--very bad idea. I loved the opening and was sure I would love it. But the more it developed the sweeter and more cloying it became on my skin. It smells candy to me and I can't wear it because it gives me a headache. I'm 33 years old and used to be able to smell just about anything without a headache but after two kids I get a lot of headaches from perfumes. Probably hormones. I think this would be a good scent for younger women.

napiergirl

ha ha just read leelee9487 review and that it smells like a stripper ......there is truth in that but in a good kinda way .. sex appeal maybe

aelias
aelias

There is nothing oriental about this one, and I would categorize it as strictly floral/fruity. Strong resemblance to Casmir, which I find synthetic smelling. I cannot get over the plastic-like smell that comes with the dry down.

napiergirl

Got my sample today it is sweet and i smell praline and vanilla mostly , the males in my house like it and can smell berries ..bought blind based on reviews and its nice and even though im not in love with it yet its very wearable.On more wrist sniffing it is developing more fruity notes ..still a lot of sweet ..i want to try magical moon next that sounds amazing.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

I adore this. It is pure strawberries and cream immediately upon spraying, then it shifts between different aspects of berries. Hello...I'm strawberry. Now I'm blueberry. Raspberry now! It is sweet, with vanilla and praline, but it is not sugary. It never smells like plain vanilla to me, even in the far drydown.

My sister wears "Pleasures Delight," but something in that bothers me. Hanae Mori is what I like about Pleasures Delight, without the off-putting note.

olga1780

Definitely a winter fragrance. I placed it next to my Lolita Lempickas, Wish, and Gaultier 2 as they all fall into the same category: warm and sweet, but in a refined and elegant way. EDP should be used sparingly though, because it's quite intense. Perfect for cold weather.

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

LOVE THIS SO MUCH! It's amazing to me how complex this one is on my skin! It's mostly sweet and spicy but also warm and woodsy, creamy, powdery and slightly floral. Just the right amount of everything!

kawaiisha
kawaiisha

this smells really sweet but not too overpowering, i sprayed this on my scarf and after a week i can still smell it, but its a different smell.. and i liked it!

mjb28
mjb28

edt review....
Smells fabulously sweet and fruity. Really a delicious smell without a hint of masculinity at all! Just like sitting under the clouds of vanilla and strawberries. Dreamy, happy & romantic fume. I love its composition. It's well blended. Fresh, light and easy to wear. Just too bad it doesn't stay that long on my skin. But I would prefer the EDP, it's more beautiful and has a long lasting power.

LeeLee9487
LeeLee9487

I fell in love with a tester of this scent but when I bought it a few months later, I was told I smelled like a stripper. Needless to say I never bought this one again. Would work on a teenager but ONLY in moderation.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Sweet and fresh on top.

Smooth and creamy with a scant tartness in the middle.

Mellow and earthy at the base.

I can't help but think of anything except warm, freshly baked blueberry cheesecake with a delectable graham cracker crust.

Beautifully balanced vanilla, not syrupy, heady nor bitter, but with a lush, velvety sillage that satiates the appetite for hours.

Wynter
Wynter

I love that it has butterflies all over the box because this is exactly what I imagine a butterfly would want to smell like. It's very sweet, like strawberry cupcakes with sugary vanilla frosting, and a single rose as a topper. The silage and lasting power are also good.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

Hello everyone! Peace and Love to all. I am new here,and I am THRILLED to be part of a perfume community! I only own a "dupe" of this amazing scent. Oh wow,is it luscious!

I feel surrounded by juicy garden walls and floor. I smell strawberries and apples even though there is no apple note listed. I can sense rose,but very distant.

I am so in love with this poetic scent.

rainydays
rainydays

It's was nice on paper... VERY sweet (almost too sweet), but cozy nonetheless. So I put some on, and on my skin it transformed into something like old play-dough. The sweetness was still there but there was something oddly craft-like about it. Paper? Glue? Sheesh, I don't know, but it was mildly gross. Try before you buy!

magpiemagpie
magpiemagpie

I would not be offended to smell it on someone else in passing, but if I had to be kept in close quarters with this fragrance, I'd be a grumpy girl. Actually, I feel like I already have to suffer through this smell. Hanae Mori by Hanae Mori smells like my weekend job. I have a co-worker, a high-strung woman of indeterminate age embellished with tribal and Looney Tunes tattoos who insists on burning vanilla and caramel scented candles in the office, wears copious amounts of Love's Baby Soft and Nag Champa body oil, and slathers on B&BW vanilla lotion every hour. The combination reminds me a lot of Hanae Mori by Hanae Mori.

The EDP is outrageously strong to my nose. I get hardly any of the top notes. It goes straight to an all caps HI I'M VANILLA! I was shocked to see all these other notes listed online, if I had to guess what was in here, I'd assume that it was: vanilla, benzoin, ylang ylang, sandalwood, and patchouli. It is extremely linear on me: just a sweet, thick, cloying, yet powdery vanilla bomb that sticks around with a vice-like grip. It has a warm, distinctly incensey vibe to it, but its more bakery than headshop on me.

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

Vanilla snowflakes wrapping you in a cozy cashmere blanket while snow is falling and you just feel heavenly , peaceful, warm and fuzzy. So much has already been said about HM but really one just has to experience it. It is SO soft and comforting and just heavenly to smell ........ on yourself ! I get pure mexican vanilla , cashmere and snowflakes. This potion is devine.

vtothek
vtothek

I don't get any sort of oriental dry down with this one, which was at first a disappointment. It stays very fruity and floral the whole time it's on my skin. This is a more mature fruity fragrance, one that does not smell like tweens at the mall, but a woman in a lovely garden. I got this hoping for a winter scent but it's far better suited for spring time. It reminds me of blooming flowers and trees. The main notes I smell are rose, strawberry and patchouli. That sounds like an overblown combination but in this they are very subdued. The initial spray does smell far too sweet and obnoxious but the dry down is very subtle and pretty. Overall a good scent.

s84000
s84000

I typically can't wear vanilla because it dries down to smell stale on my body chemistry, but this is a blend of warmth on my skin that smells sort of like almonds. I like the smell but it can sometimes come across as intense. Very warm like a baking kitchen room. Cannot really smell the flowers or fruits, at least on my body chemistry. But I do like it.

icekat
icekat

Who could think that the wood and vanilla notes can smell so deliciously? The HANAE MORI tester I got lists five different woods: Rosewood, Raspberry Wood, Sandalwood, Almond Wood, and Cedar Wood. The woods are absolutely gorgeous in this fragrance. They are layered with berries, floral and vanilla notes but to me this fragrance remains a beautiful tribute to the warm and cozy character of the woods.

The wood notes hold this fragrance together. The opening is delicious and yummy with strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. The ylang-ylang notes balance the sweetness of the berries quite well. The heart notes are sweet and romantic with rose and peony layered on the woody notes. And then the scent evolves into this gorgeous blend of woods layered with vanilla.

Until I tried this fragrance I never thought that there was a way to capture the beauty of the winter wonderland woods and coziness of the snow-covered log cabin in a scent. This is my ideal winter cottage perfume – cozy, cute and picturesque. I just love to cuddle with this comfy scent near a fireplace on a cold night. It has comfort feeling of CASMIR like other reviewers mentioned but HANAE MORI does not have CASMIR spiciness. This scent has nice sillage and longevity. HANAE MORI is definitely a keeper for me.

Update: This review is for EDP.

nasus s
nasus s

You need to wear this a few times to appreciate this. I tried it on test strips, then on my wrist a few times before ordering a bottle, and test strips do not do this justice. I'm still mixed about the top notes in this though. Something about the initial spray reminds me of a spray cleanser or chemical smell, but thankfully this disappears almost immediately. After a few minutes I think I smell fresh blueberry or fresh strawberry, but it does not turn floral to me at any point. To me the fruit notes aren't candy-jam-like fruit smells either. What finally sucked me into liking this is the beautiful vanilla-ish dry down. It's feminine, warm, and just sweet enough without being obnoxious. I think the ylang-ylang really makes this scent, and keeps it from turning into a sticky vanilla berry mess. One could wear this scent any time, anywhere. I have the EDP, and wish it lasted a bit longer. I am going to play around with various lotions to layer this with. You could really play up the vanilla, the berries, or even the woodsy side of this scent.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

After seeing such good reviews, and being a sucker for an oriental, I went out and bought this blindly for my birthday today. I definitely don't regret it. The notes sold me, but frieghtened me too. I'm not a fan of overly sweet perfumes, and just as I thought, this is.

It starts off with a tart strawberry, rose, grapefruit (not listed in notes) & vanilla concoction at full blast. The middle turns into the starwberry shortcake everyone talks about. And the drydown is all vanilla, and then patchouli at 25 mph on a highway. You wish it would hurry up and hit the gas just a little more.

The drydown is the best part for me... that's when the sweetness shuts it's trap and stops being so loud.

Overall I really enjoy it and am glad I spent the dough. I'm seriously crushing on this perfume and I think it likes me just as much! It's yummy for the summer, if you spray lightly, and great to cozy up in winter too!

P.S. I totally agree with Silverbutterfly that said it reminds her of Chopard Casmir.

P.S.S. After knowing this fragrance so long, I truly wish the berries would stay around until the end--that's the best part. I also know of other perfumes that will give me the berries through to the drydown--perhaps not as tartly--which I adore.

My boyfriend LOVES this perfume on me. Drove him a little batty <3

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Bought it today EDP based on the reviews and one word is no regrets. I'm so happy to have added this gem to my collection. It's a beautiful scent dominated by sweet notes, burnt sugar and strawberry and lots of vanilla. It smells delicious like strawberry shortcake It's quite sophisticated,rich scent. Similar to Burberry Brit in that same sweet vanilla family. Very high quality, extremely long lasting.

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

This has elements of a comfort scent - berries softened with vanilla and sweet pralines. An elegant balance of florals (most notably a soft rose) and woody base notes make this an intoxicatingly rich, stunning, and edibly beautiful perfume! Yum and pretty amazing!

guest_debob
guest_debob

Oh my, this is strong. I just bought the EDP today at TJMaxx for only $25.00. It is sooo sweet and fruity. I would never have called this an oriental unless there is such a thing as fruity oriental. There are some notes in this that stands out above the others and I think it is the praline and the vanilla. Also I detect a scent that reminds me of the note rhubarb which is in "Hard Candy" All in all, the perfume version is very strong and lasts a long time. I actually sprayed this over the Hypnotic Poison that I already had on, and I cannot smell the Poison anymore, just the HM. Delicious, sweet, candy scent.

adele l
adele l

A very yummy gourmand- I get no berries or dirtiness from the patchouli. The vanilla is prominent in the drydown.It doesn't remind me of Angel at all. It's more of a soothing comfort scent with great lasting power- there is something very intimate and feminine about it. Just lovely!

ducktuck
ducktuck

This is for the EDT:
I was really hoping to love this because it's notes sounded so delectable, but it threw me straight back to my middle school days with Vanilla Fields. VF was one of the first perfumes that I had gotten from my mom in middle school, and although the memories are fond, I would not want to wear it now. The two perfumes do share quite a few of the same notes, and if you love vanilla fields you will love this. I personally can not enjoy it and it may just be because I associate Vanilla Fields with unrefined cheap perfume, but maybe I am just not able to look past my past.
I have 5 1.2 ml testers if anyone wants to swap.

elusivek
elusivek

When it first went on I could smell sweetness, floral, and some spice.

When it settled in, the spice faded and I could pick up citrus and floral with the sweetness and only a whisper of sandalwood.

It's a safe, pleasant scent that ends out smelling like soap on me.

OneScent
OneScent

I'm a sucker for gourmand perfumes and this one is sooo good! It's warm and sweet, like some kind of strawberry short cake and yet very sophisticated for special occasions.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Hanae Mori is one delightful perfume! I don't think I have smelt anything quite like it before. Happily, my skin is not expressing that plastic note others have described.

I first tested it (seconds after getting it out of the mailbox) without the benefit of knowing the listed notes. I found it to smell similar to pineapple pieces merrily bobbing in a bowl of sweetened cream. Hmmmm, here I was thinking pineapple was an absolutely ghastly note in perfume.

I could still be correct because as it turns out the slightly tart, sweet note I am smelling is actually strawberry.

You really can't blame me for the confusion - berries in their natural state are not particularly dense with scent. Most of thier 'scent' is detected in thier taste. So the strawberry here is of the uber-strawberry type. It is very well done, not artifical so much as amplified beyond its natural abilities.

To my nose there are no real floral notes here, I think they are just there to blend the fruits into the other more gourmand notes.

Now, I am not reading so much praline as I am white chocolate, particulary in the drydown where it is creamy, smooth and velvety.

Overall I find the perfume to be innocent and wide-eyed. Little Strawberry Shortcake in her bonnet and smug smile. She was such a goody two-shoes, even as a kid I always kind of wished that purple pie-eater wasn't such a wussy wannabe trouble-maker and more of a strawberry cannibal. Nyak!

I think after a while, the same could be said for Hanae Mori. As wonderful a perfume as it is and as much as I desperately want a bottle of my very own, after a while I still find myself craving a little nasty.

panda0410
panda0410

I adore this perfume, I keep it (EDP) in backups!! The most beautiful vanilla perfume I think there is. Its beautiful, a calm, peaceful perfume that I love to wear on quiet, *me* days, days when I love to pamper myself in quiet solitude. I love the strawberry in this, I think its probably the only other note I can accurately distinguish and that's just fine by me. Nice sillage and longevity, its beautifully and harmoniously balanced. One of my forever fragrance loves!

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

Very sweet at first, just like a carmel corn shop with some floral mixed in.
Then it seems vanilla sweet and some other things like sandalwood, floral.
Nice but smells too much like candy for
me to wear all day. Sets off my sweet tooth .

cisco
cisco

I adore this fragrance. I have the EDT. It is almost buttery and smells like vanilla and caramels. I have the body cream on order. Soniamcatear sent me a sample of the body cream ---- delicious.

Thank you Sonia!

The more I wear it, the more I love it. I do not smell anything plastic or synethetic in this fragrance. The tub of body cream is wonderful. I have found when you apply body cream you have to move fast while your pores are still open from your bath or shower. Otherwise, you feel sticky. Using the speed method, you feel silky smooth and super scented.

jetstar
jetstar

this is one of about 75 samples we got on ebay for my wife's birthday unfortunately not one of the great ones at least to us, it was sweet but to me it smelled like cloves and carnations and plastic? + it only lasted around 20 min before disappearing which was a good thing oh well on to others...

deeannek
deeannek

I lucked out on ebay and got 10 sample vials of the perfume and 5 amples of the matching lotion. I am really glad I made this purchase. Hanae Mori is warm creamy and wonderful. On opening I get a complx vanilla scent-sweet but not sachrine sweet. Somethig towards the middle reminds me of my dad's favorite pipe tobbaco-not strong but just a subtle hint of Captain Black. Dry down is woodsy with nore vanilla and maybe a hint of carmel. For some reason I can't smell the fruit. Maybe on a less humid day the fruit will be noticable. Overall I really like this one especialy paired with its lotion.

Every time I indulge in retail therapy online at my favorite perfume emporium (having fully transitioned to the twenty-first century, I can no longer be troubled with the chore of going to physical stores...) I see HANAE MORI at amazingly low prices. I debate: to buy blind or not to buy blind, that is the question. Some names give me 100% satisfaction from blind buys (Balmain); others, well...

So when I saw a sample vial of this confection, I snapped it into my shopping bag, and I am now wishing that I had made the blind buy. (It's always so exciting when it's a winner, yet so demoralizing when it is but toxic soup!) This is a beautiful floriental! To be perfectly frank (quoi d'autre?) the opening is close to sugar spray, but it is shortlived, and the drydown is this gorgeous sweet woody floral with great longevity! Yum! Induces major wrist sniffing. On my wish list!

Casi
Casi

After reading countless favorable reviews for this, I was very excited to test it. I tested both the EDP and the EDT at least half a dozen times in varying weather/seasons. While I don't find it to be a totally unpleasant perfume, I can't say that I enjoy it. To my nose, Hanae Mori smells like bland fruit salad with lukewarm cream poured on top, served in a melted plastic container. The "melted plastic note" that I detect is what makes me a bit queasy. Additionally, this scent lacks "zing" and it falls flat. It just feels as though something is missing. I most always prefer an EDP to an EDT, but with this, I simply cannot tolerate the EDP. The EDT is a bit more fresh and wearable.

The sillage is fantastic and one spray lasted hours and hours on my skin. I really wanted to love Hanae Mori and perhaps I would like it more on someone else.

njdeb
njdeb

At first spray I get warm vanilla and caramel with barely a hint of that burnt sugar note I find in so many gourmand perfumes. There is also a pleasant fruitiness that is a nice contrast to the warm creaminess. I like the drydown even better. It is softer and more sophisticated with nice floral and woody undertones. A very warm scent. Both cozy and alluring. The best vanilla/caramel scent I've tried.

eustacia42
eustacia42

Interesting that this one is just called "Hanae Mori." For some reason I thought it was called "Hanae Mori Butterfly."

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Hanae Mori reminds me of Casmire Chopard. Sweet vanila,a little powdery in a middle, and soft sweet grass drydown.Not bad, but not my favourite.

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

Update; I keep going back and fourth on this one. But both my parents love it and they hate perfume. I am thinking of getting the small rollerball perfume for my Mom. A nice belated Christmas gift. Will save up. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update #2 (2/5) About a week or so ago I bought my mother a small rollerball of this fragrance. She has been wearing it every day and she loves it! I am starting to be able to smell the strawberries and be able to appreciate it much more, even though it might not be for me. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am sampling this now. My first impression is ICKS! But the dry down is really nice. I have been having a lot of the opposite experience with other fragrances, they smell wonderful and morph into another creature all together. This one starts really icky for me maybe it's my chemistry with it.

In any way, I am not a fan of praline. I love sweet scents but a lot of the gourmand type of notes are icky sweet for me. And the spicy oriental aspect of it also makes it strong and just off/ icky.

If you were to take out the praline and swap it with a little bit of amber, something warmer not icky sweet, and remove the rose. Then it would be perfect. :) Less spice and floral and praline. More warmth = yummy.

Is it me? I can't smell the berries or fruit. Only a vanilla that smells almost burnt and icky sweet?

At least when it fades it turns into a lovely warm vanilla. I like cleaner ones with less floral, spice, rose, and praline. So if you love those notes then this one is for you! :) I almost like/ love it. Unfortunately those notes turn me off. :( Well I tried! :) Maybe it will grow on me as I use up my sample in the next few days.

ps = Is it me, or does this turn into a burnt sugar smell? Almost like you left something sweet in the microwave and it burns and turns into something a bit icky. Maybe it's my skin. Or just not used to orientals? IDK? I'm sorry, I want to like it, and it turns my stomach a bit. :( The search continues...

Dark Curls

ok I love it but it does not last on me..at all!!!

codythomas
codythomas

The sandlewood and ylang ylang hold this together for me. It's quite pretty but edges up close to a moth ball smell as it incarnates on stored clothing of a perfume wearer. But it doesn't go too close and I like it.

Dark Curls

love it love it love it!! I smelled a sample and i just had to acquire it. I started out with the lotion and I had a small sample vial of the perfume. It smells so heavenly to me!! I have always loved vanilla so this suits me. I now finally have a bottle of the perfume which makes me super happy!!! :)

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

I'm wearing it today & it's a pure joy!!
Very creamy, warm & sensual... Something yummy about it :)
I remember someone once said on the forum that she likes to spray it on her hair... I'm sure this will smell soooo lovely & even more sensual on the hair.
It also has an amazing sillage...

c3c
c3c

I received my sample today and I like it! The initial burst was raspberry, blueberry, & red current with a touch of vanilla. As it wears the strawberry and vanilla come out a bit more but the initial scent is still there, just softer. It's sweet and tart at the same time, feminine and lively. Definitely for having fun rather than a serious event.
I don't smell patchouli at all which is a good thing for me. I saw a reference to Angel in one of the reviews and I totally disagree. It isn't even close to the same ballpark, or the next town over from the Angel ballpark, or the next, or the next. This is an animal of it's own. Or at least I haven't smelled anything like it yet.

Sveta666
Sveta666

Got this perfume 2 days ago. Absolutely love it! Elegant, yet playful smell. I feel like this is my second skin. First impression - reaaly strong, but in 5 minutes you are like in the very soft, comfortable and delicious cloud made from Strawberry shortcake...:-)

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

I really like this fragrance. Does anyone else get reminded of Wish by Chopard while wearing this? It just really seems similar to me. Fruity, and I really appreciate the almond. I can really smell the strawberry too. What's not to like?

Flowercat
Flowercat

My new top-favorite! Powdery vanilla, but quite unique...very unobtrusive and gentle. I like the sweetness that smells more like a pretty soap or shampoo than a chemical perfume. I have read that there is actually no vanilla in the notes, but the overall scent is an unusual, vanilla-y essence. Love the body lotion too. Between this & my ever-faithful Vanilla Fantasy, I think that my quest for my ideal perfumes is finally over! (after many years and hundreds & hundreds of dollars!)

lmaley
lmaley

I got a tester of this and I liked it, but something kept bothering me about it. Like there's one note keeping me from loving it and that one note is almost too strong for me. It does dry down a little calmer but still...I finally figured it out. It reminds me a bit of Calvin Klein Obsession. I couldn't wait to see what they had in common and I think it must be a strong vanilla. It's just almost a headache for me. I bet that's also what makes other reviewers get bored with it--the vanilla. That's my two cents anyway.

liquidiridium
liquidiridium

A little strong @first. Dry down is gorgeous. Lovely & precious. Soft & alluring. The freshness almost reminds me of a freshly bathed little babe's neck/hair w/ an added sparkling essence. So sweet & warm.

Princess
Princess

After reading all the tempting positive reviews, I have now ordered it. Im so exited to have it! I cant wait to smell it, I will post a real review when I get it:)

lillybee
lillybee

Sweet and edible strawberry, currant and other fruits in sugary sweet syrup. Then it becomes vanillic and finally dries down to a powdery and slightly woody base. I associate this fragrance with my taste in my 20s, anything sweet with vanilla, the oriental recipe. I'm looking for a true oriental without vanilla, I'm bored with it now. p.s. Funny how vanilla is regarded as 'oriental'. It comes from the Americas :)

mandashell
mandashell

It is a great scent. I loved it so I do recommend it. After I while I stopped grabbing it when I would pick a perfume for the day. I guess I was bored with the smell. When I first started wearing it I could smell all the delicous warm smokey berry notes that drew me in to begin with. Later on all I could smell was vanilla, vanilla and more vanilla lol. The scent was also very dry. I still have a little sample which I wear occasionally but my large bottle was given to my bestie who is obsessed with it. Anyway, give it a try if you haven't already. ;') I plan to try the Eau Fraiche which may be more to my liking.

allexa27
allexa27

wow!I tried today and i love it.It is sweet but not like the other girly sweet Escadas perfumes ,this one has style and is suits mature woman.Very sexy..mmmm.....:)Perfect for summer !

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

OMG,i fell in love with first smell,this must bee one of the best fragrances in the universe.I love many perfumes but this one is something special.Sweet,delicious and beautiful.Soft and feminine too,i can see why guys love this one.If i was a man,i would through myself over a woman wearing this..I am so buying this one..

ArkangeL

There are very few perfumes that make me lose focus and stop what I'm doing. This is one of them. Wear this, and I just might... ... ...

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Oh! This is delicious! On me, I could smell caramel at first! But not a sickeningly sweet aroma....just enough to make my mouth water. Then it turns to a somewhat fruity smell...but not juicey. I can only smell a bit of it. Think fresh fruits dipped in caramle. Yum...then it turns almost floral to me...with some sweetness in the background. I think this is enchanting. I disagree that it is like Angel...because I dispise Angel. This is warm, delicious, and pleasant. I quite like it for work and just a nice day out. It's not a sexy scent so I wouldn't use it to seduce someone....but it's sweet and pretty.

UPDATE:
After trying this two more times...I've decided that this fragrance isn't as wonderful as I thought. I still think it's pretty, but I am now tired of it. There seems to be a note in there that bothers me. Or maybe its a combination of notes that bother me. Problem is that I don't know what it is. I still enjoy the sweetness...but maybe the rasberry is throwing it off kilter a bit. IDK...I'm just guessing. I'm saying this because I can think of a few other fragrances that I'd like to get before this one.

Amanda79
Amanda79

I can't believe I waited so long to try and buy Hanae Mori! Love at first spritz!

This is going to be perfect this summer in the hot, humid Texas heat. Something in this reminds me of rain.

I've never smelled such a perfect blend of fruity notes as I do in this one. I've also read at a few places that say the strawberries mixed with the almond creates the impression of vanilla. Genius and perfection! Complete amazement to my nose! The praline adds even more depth to the sweetness. The mixture reminds me of a strawberry cheesecake or some rich desert. I don't get much floral but there is a slight powder to the overall scent. Very well balanced, beautiful and completely original. I've never smelled anything like this.

Annie_D
Annie_D

How lovely this is, at first spray there is a lot of fruit I smelled a pineapple like smell (even though it isn't listed) but I sensed a lovely smell in the background wanting to come out. The currant and vanilla came out wonderfully with a powdery clean note, Now I am sensing more praline which adds a lovely sweet tone to the powdery vanilla like tones. Overall a nice soft sweet perfume.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Its a warm, sexy, romantic and vanilla-ish perfume. Quite long lasting. I love when my girlfriend wears this.
Makes me want to cuddle with her and smell her neck.

sweet_escape
sweet_escape

i've lusted after this fragrance for quite some time. Is it just me, or does the description here seem inconsistent with the manufacturers as far as the notes; i remember reading that there is no actual vanilla in this fragrance, but rather, the impression of vanilla as a result of the mixture of almond and strawberry notes.
Either way, this smells delicious. It's on the top of my to-do list for sure

mmizy
mmizy

I agree that it is a very warm scent....sweet like caramel on my skin. It is best for the winter in my opinion. It was just too much sweet and i didn't detected any berries. Must be my chemistry. It brought out only the praline and the vanilla.

Kama
Kama

It is such a different fragrance..
not typical gourmand scent, not typical vanilla scent...not typical flower or fruity scent...but it has it all in some bits...
When spraying it for the 1st few minutes I could smell strawberry, rose... it is so good blended... and withing some minutes I start to feel warm, very warm, almond vanilla mixed with some sugar cane...or burned sugar....it reminds me a bit of hot brulle cream....but still it is very cosy, femine and warm perfume...

It is not very "young" scent, rather sweet femine scent, quit exotic vanilla, but still very relaxing one...giving impression of nice pink pullover...
Although it is not "pink" fragrance.

falovalo
falovalo

This is a very cozy scent, its warm and has a nice vanilla-ish thing to it that's not at all childish. The raspberry peeks through a bit too. This is one of my new favorites. and my bf got it for me :)

louyse
louyse

Hot Couture (edt) by Givenchy smells similar to this but...Hot Couture is warmer and classier. P.S. This site is for opinions and reviews on perfumes. Yep ! that's what its all about....

luz
luz

Very warm scent, raspberry/vanilla caramelized syrup with spicy undertones. I don't love gourmand scents in general, but this one is special.

Mals86
Mals86

This scent received 4 of 5 stars in Perfume: The Guide, so I picked up a sample to try. I'm not generally a fan of sweet and fruity scents, so I was surprised to find that this is, actually, pretty nice. It doesn't really suit my personality, but it's very pleasant. The berries are juicy, the patchouli is only a whisper (a definite plus in my book!), the sandalwood and rose are enjoyable and the vanilla is light and creamy, not too sweet. I do get a hint of almond as well.

Now to see if my daughter, age 13, likes it... she finds most of my choices to be too "old lady" to suit her.

Edit: my picky daughter loves it! She nabbed both my sample sprays and plans to use them up. She says it smells "girly but not too girly."

alicektn
alicektn

I finally received Hanae Mori EDP after a blind buy,since I could not find it in my country. I was dying to smell it after reading the notes and the reviews!

But unfortunately it's not exactly the soft creamy fragrance I was expecting.. Well, it's not bad, just somewhat synthetic. Maybe it's the smokey wood notes that I'm not drawn to.

Anyway, I will wear it from time to time,since the strawberries in it are really cute, but I will not rebuy it.

One big plus is the bottle. In my opinion it's very beautiful!

Edit 1:
Yesterday I believed this was a so so fragrance, but today I think it's gorgeous!

Why? The answer is: I tried it on different spot this time, at the pulse points. Yesterday I tried it on the neck, and all I got was woody notes with strawberry. BUT NOW, it's velvet vanilla with strawberries and woody undertones.

I would also like to request , people should not bury reviews with different opinions so easily, because the person who did the review spent time to share it with everyone. Please show some respect to different opinions. Thank you.

Edit 2: Lately I've been using it on my clothes, there it smells even better!

Edit 3: I know I've been editing this review a lot, but honestly it's not my fault. I have a love/hate relationship with this perfume, I can't help it. Some weeks ago I wanted to swap it, but these days I seem to be craving it ALL the time. Maybe it's the cold weather, maybe it's my exams, maybe it's my romantic mood... I really don't know. But it just feels right.

golden.one
golden.one

Hanae Mori is amazing. I feel so pretty when I wear it. I love the vanilla and the top notes are the best. When only the base notes are left, I want to spray it again to get the top notes. That is the only down fall. It is powdery and fresh and so comforting.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Lovely, warm, cosy fragrance! It makes me smile:) I'm working with fragrances and we have almost everything here in the warehouse, but whenever I come to the shelves with perfumes - I always get a sniff of Hanae Mori, it is just sooo delicious!

P.S. I got a bottle of Hanae Mori and realized, that though I like the scent a lot, I don't really enjoy wearing it. Sounds weird, but it actually happens to me quite often.

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

What a cloud of comfort envelops you as you wear Hanae Mori, it's as though you have wrapped yourself in a warm, fluffy blanket that stays with you all day. I have the EDP - it arrived yesterday morning in the post - and I know I shall be reaching for it time & again.

There's a lovely gourmand opening of forest fruits, but not overdone or harshly chemical, an immediate sense of wellbeing with powdery vanilla that settles into the sandalwood base with the praline note drifting in & out with a musky, ambery trail...

This reminds me of a slightly less spicy Apparition by Ungaro (one of my favourites) - so if you are a fan of Hanae Mori, I am willing to lay a bet that you will also love that one. I'd love for people to try it and let me know if they agree!

I chose to wear this comfort blanket especially today, as it was the funeral of a very dear friend of mine. I know she would have approved. She was a fellow Perfumista and always loved to choose fragrances with me. I shall always associate her with perfumes, and the memories make me smile.

I can't recommend this perfume enough - it has something for everyone, I think, and the bottle is understated yet quietly beautiful, too. We all need a comfort blanket, sometimes, and this is simply stunning.

cherryfairy
cherryfairy

I was curious about Hanae Mori when I read the reviews here in Fragrantica,and I bought in unsniffed.
The first thing I noticed was a feeling of freshness when I applied it, and a nice fruity scent, like fresh strawberries sprinkled with vanilla.
I can't stop sniffing my wrist, smelling this luscious vanilla.
I can imagine that I will run out of it in the spring-perfect spring fragrance!

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

This was an unsniffed purchase for me that worked out beautifully...I absolutely adore this fragrance! When I first sprayed, I thought I detected some chocolate mixed in the the strawberry, but that faded rather quickly and turned into a strawberry/vanilla heart with sandalwood undertones. Very long-lasting, I applied yesterday afternoon and could still smell it on my arm this morning. A very balanced gourmand with just the right amount of fruit!

snobuni77
snobuni77

This is very yummy indeed.I got a sample of it & my daughter sprayed it like 3 times up in the air (she was sitting in my lap looking at all the samples with me)when suddenly I got this overwhelmingly strong sweet dose of perfume in my nose(not literally).At first I wasnt to sure about it but after a couple minutes it definitely grew on me.It is simply delicious.It is definitely a perfect blend of gourmand & fruits.At first it was a strong berry covered in vanilla extract that i smelled but it has since faded a bit & is truly very delightful.....

Now every time my 2 year old runs by me I get a wiff of it & it's actually is a really good scent for a young one as well.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

Very yummy, my very first really gourmand scent, it really got me! This perfume smells so delicious like vanilla icing or icecream with fruit and sugar sprinkled throught. It was my signature scent for 3 years! So warm and delicious. No cheap vanilla scent in this perfume. It lasts for ever, the body whip is just as wonderful.

The flagship of vanilla/fruit scents. This is the scent I compare all the new copies to: "Smells like Hanae Mori." A warm, comforting scent that is also feminine and pretty.

Cari888
Cari888

The caramelized sweetness of sugar, the warmth of vanilla, and the fresh scent of berries make this fragrance welcoming, delicious and comforting for wintertime. It's what you want to wear for cuddling and snuggling...

d dolce vitta
d dolce vitta

Its not a parfum more, it is the parfum. I think too, that is very difficult to find it. But one of my favorites. I recomended this because is a smooth oriental, the vanilla, patchouli,and raspberry, makes the note. Rich scent.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

So appropriate that a butterfly represents this scent...wearing this makes me feel like I'm floating on butterfly wings through a lush, summertime garden filled with berries and sunshine. It's rather girlish, but the wood notes and musk lend it a sexy edge and prevent it from becoming too sweet. Stunning bottle, too. I use the pure parfum and it lasts all day. Compliments galore. Wearing this always lifts my spirits and makes me smile!

indigo.smile
indigo.smile

finally i have it...quite difficult to find it. For me, the dry down is well done.I can smell the rose around my body. Felt like in a nice garden. The vanilla is just in the right amount. perfect..

chance25
chance25

This smells like cupcakes in a warm summer kitchen. It's hauntingly dry, and the vanilla smells so yummy on my skin. A true scent, very complex and the silage is extremly long lasting. I prefer the edt to the edp, b/c it's lighter and easier to wear, I can smell the notes more clearly.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I get a whole bunch of strawberries out of this more than anything else, and it's delicious. The vanilla in it is beautiful, too. I love wearing this because I can smell it for hours, not to mention it puts a smile on my face. It's warm, comforting, creamy, and sweet. Kind of reminds me of strawberry cheesecake.

Diana
Diana

This is a nice fruity floral fragrance with warm undertones, it reminds me of a softer though not quite as intriguing version of Angel. It is not quite as multi layered as Angel, but it is a pleasent scent for everyday wear. Does wear down to a nice powdery vanilla undertone, at which point it smells it's best.

2007
elgab89
elgab89

I have the EDP and it is wonderful. It is one of the gourmand scents, with the vanilla, almond and the strawberries in it. Just making you feel good all over. Good fragrance for those cold nights or for the times when things go wrong in your life.

2007

Hanae Mori by Hanae Mori 4.05 out of 5 based on 1366 ratings and 299 user reviews

HANAE MORI for MEN by Hanae Mori EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
HANAE MORI for MEN by Hanae Mori EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
HANAE MORI for MEN by Hanae Mori EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Hanae Mori Perfume by Hanae Mori, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Hanae Mori Perfume by Hanae Mori, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Hanae Mori Perfume by Hanae Mori, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Blue Butterfly Tester for Women
Hanae Mori Cologne by Hanae Mori, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Men
Hanae Mori Cologne by Hanae Mori, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Men
Hanae Mori Cologne by Hanae Mori, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Hanae Mori Cologne by Hanae Mori, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
HANAE MORI for WOMEN by Hanae Mori EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
HANAE MORI for WOMEN by Hanae Mori EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
Hanae Mori Eau De Collection No 6 Perfume by Hanae Mori, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Hanae Mori Perfume by Hanae Mori, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Blue Butterfly for Women
Hanae Mori Perfume by Hanae Mori, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
HANAE MORI for WOMEN by Hanae Mori EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
Parfum 1oz
HANAE MORI for WOMEN by Hanae Mori PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
HANAE MORI for WOMEN by Hanae Mori PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
Hanae Mori Eau De Collection No 7 Perfume by Hanae Mori, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Hanae Mori Cologne by Hanae Mori, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Hanae Mori Cologne by Hanae Mori, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
HANAE MORI for MEN by Hanae Mori EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
HANAE MORI for MEN by Hanae Mori EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Hanae Mori Eau De Collection No 4 Perfume by Hanae Mori, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Hanae Mori Perfume by Hanae Mori, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Blue Butterfly for Women
HANAE MORI for WOMEN by Hanae Mori EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
HANAE MORI for WOMEN by Hanae Mori EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Hanae Mori Eau de Collection N. 02 by Hanae Mori for Women
Hanae Mori Eau de Collection N. 02 by Hanae Mori for Women
HANAE MORI EAU DE COLLECTION NO 2 for WOMEN by Hanae Mori EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
HANAE MORI EAU DE COLLECTION NO 2 for WOMEN by Hanae Mori EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Hanae Mori Perfume by Hanae Mori, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Hanae Mori Perfume by Hanae Mori, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Hanae Mori Eau De Collection No 2 Perfume by Hanae Mori, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
HANAE MORI for WOMEN by Hanae Mori EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Hanae Mori Hm Eau de Toilette, 1.7 oz
Hanae Mori Hm Eau de Toilette, 1.7 oz
Hanae Mori Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Hanae Mori Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hanae Mori Hanae Mori fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hanae Mori Hanae Mori, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hanae Mori by Hanae Mori. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hanae Mori by Hanae Mori represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.