Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

coconut
tropical
milky
Harajuku Lovers G Harajuku Lovers for women Videos
Harajuku Lovers G Harajuku Lovers for women Pictures Harajuku Lovers G Harajuku Lovers for women Pictures Harajuku Lovers G Harajuku Lovers for women Pictures Harajuku Lovers G Harajuku Lovers for women Pictures

In September 2008 Gwen Stefani, in cooperation with Cot, prepares to launch a surprise of five fragrance collection devoted to Harajuku fans. The fragrances come in a form of cute small dolls, each of which has its own personality, style, and fragrant note.

There had to be five fragrances as each of them represents different styles of women. Each of the dolls consists of two parts. The upper part is the doll itself, fitted on a pedestal-like glass base filled with the fragrance. The outer boxes give a story of the perfume doll enclosed inside.

Harajuku Lovers collection includes fragrances , Lil' Angel, Music, Baby and G, and each of them is devoted to one of her back vocals, Harajuku Girls, reflecting their fashion and life styles, while one represents her.

G, (the first letter of Gwen's name) is a modern and lively scent, created by Steve Demercado. It features mandarin, fresh coconut, and apple peel in the top, jasmine sambac, freesia and magnolia in the heart, and coconut cream, white sandalwood and cottonwoods.

Mandarin Orange Coconut Red Apple

Baby Phat Dare Me

Harajuku Lovers G Fragrance Reviews

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

This is a strong creamy sweet coconut scent. If you're not a fan of coconut then go for this one, because it's the most prominent note in G - appears right on spray and stays dominant until it's completely gone from your skin. It has got a lovely tropical undertone, creates the perfect illusion of having a superb holiday in the Caribbean or somewhere equally fantastic paradise. I would say this is a simple yet quite charming fragrance. Sillage is okay, longevity is average.

christinavictory
christinavictory

I had this back when I was in high school and I loved it...I didn't actually know what it was called for a long time, as it was a gift. I called it "coconut prostitute" because the juice smelled like coconuts, and the doll....well...you get the picture...but I still thought it was cute and adored it and then one day I lost it :( It's a very sad story.

LexiOD
LexiOD

I've had this perfume for a while and had never really delved into it because it has been discontinued, so I was trying to use it sparingly. That being said, I thought my cruise to the Bahamas would be the perfect time to bring it out.
First off, let me just admit to what we're all thinking. This bottle is freakin' adorable!! The Gwen-meets-Alice in Wonderland style is just too cute and I love that it coincides with Gwen's outfit she wore on the cover of Love. Angel. Music. Baby. and in the "What You Waiting For?" video. Very creative and very trendy at the time it was released.
The fragrance is a lovely, tropical coconut scent, however, there is something in it that makes it slightly too cloudy. I'm not sure if what I'm detecting is the cotton, but that would make some sense, I suppose. It makes me like this perfume a little less than I'd like to, especially because my skin makes some perfume muskier and cloudier, so between the two, it becomes a little too much for me to love. However, that being said, the rest of the fragrance is very lovely and is like vacation in a bottle - quite literally for me, now that I've worn it on my tropical vacation.
Perhaps, though, my greatest beef with this perfume is its ridiculously short longevity. At least, on me, this fragrance does not last long, which makes it harder to wear during the summer. This is less of a problem in cooler climates, but seeing as this is definitely a summer-only fragrance to me, it's a problem. Especially because this scent reminds me of Las Vegas and I hope to bring it with me on my next trip down there, let's just say, my Travalo will be seeing some action.
All this being said, I do like this perfume quite a lot. I can't say I love it due to its cloudiness and poor performance, but it is still lovely, and I'll be attempting to use it up soon so I can display it on my bookshelf in the light where it belongs.
Overall, I'll give this a fair 7/10. Not the best summer perfume out there, but definitely still a fun one.

xx

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I fell hard for this one, and knew it was being discontinued and stocked up. If you store them properly they will last. Just use them in the summer! I hate when you love something they go ahead and dumb it down. Rich coconut and buttery. Really great! I also have the dark haired one, which I love that one also. The other's didn't work on me. I could hardly pull this fragrance up on Fragrantica, probably because it's discontinued? I guess re-inventing and re-inventing is the way to make big $$$. But Chanel No. 5 has been around forever and some other lines too. I guess when a celebrity has their name attached to it, it's a hit for only so long. Unless of course, your name is Elizabeth Taylor! Although, I'll admit I don't have any of her's. But my God, what a beautiful woman!

Soie
Soie

The opening blast is bright & fruity with the scents of mandarin orange and apple peels, which, after a brief moment, recede as a musty-dusty aroma of coconut & sandalwood flows in.

After a minute or two, however, the fragrance mellows as the note of cotton becomes prominent. From here, it becomes smooth, and warm. There is, by this point, a bare hint of sweetness, but more than anything, there is a distinct scent like that of clean cotton sheets (as meaning the actual smell of cotton as compared to the typical laundry detergent scent) blended with coconut cream.

The florals listed really are minor players in this fragrance, and seem only to make a brief appearance sometime during the phase where coconut and sandalwood meet cotton, and are fading out by the time of the drydown, where the cotton note becomes strongest.

indi3cita
indi3cita

I bought the solid perfume collection set and I didn't like it at all. Not because of the fragrances, it's more because I can't get much of a fragrance. I don't know if it's because of the consistency of the solid perfume or because they are getting old. But what I can sense with this one is creamy coconut and some sweet and flowers. I really like it but if I got the opportunity I will buy a bottle.

JujuBean93
JujuBean93

Just got my second mini bottle of G and I still love this sent! If you love coconut, then this is perfect for you. Definitely a fun summer sent. It's very tropical and sweet but doesn't linger very long and the sent is not strong at all. But just like my last review, I noticed (with the mini's at least) the bottles tend to peel and look extremely worn over time. I think that would be the only downfall i see with this fragrance line. As long as the bottles are taken care of, there should be no problem and it's an amazing collectors piece.

dad
dad

This perfume is just so one-note to me. Coconut and apple, which dries down to a barely noticeable orange. I guess I don't like the monotonous coconut in this one? It reminds me of the lime coconut room freshener that they sell at Walmart. Ick.
Edit: Alright, alright. I've went back and tried this one again. Maybe I was too harsh.
It does have quite a bit of cotton in it, and its much more creamy than I remember it.
Still, it's not something I'd want to smell like.
Maybe an at-the-beach fragrance, but I can't really see it being used for much else, except maybe an air freshener.
Okay, whoops, there I go again.
If you're cuckoo for coconuts and pineapples, and don't mind linear fragrances, maybe this one would be suit you well! I'd really like to smell it on someone besides myself, maybe there IS a reason for the hype, and it only reeks on MY skin. One can only hope.

margoess
margoess

Everyone says coconut with this one, but I actually get more pineapple than anything else (which I suppose is the apple note? at least when combined with the coconut?). For me, G presents itself as unmistakably a pina colada, heavy on the pina. There is a coconut-milkiness running below the pineapple tanginess at the top, but I definitely don't think of this as a 'coconut' scent first and foremost.

It is pleasant and fun and enjoyable in the way that a pina colada is pleasant and fun and enjoyable, when you're in the mood for it. Lasts about 3 hours, and then I have to press my nose right up against my skin to get any hint of the scent. Not one of my favorites and not terribly special (the kind of fragrance that I could see more as a fabulous shampoo or lotion or scented candle), but I can imagine myself possibly reaching for it every now and again. The bottle is quite cute, though, and I don't mind keeping it around just for that.

peachypixie
peachypixie

Longevity is poor. NO staying power. It really smells good though, like mild sun tan oil, coconut, tangy apple skin, and clean laundry. Get "Fcuk Friction for her" instead - it's even cheaper at $11 for 2.5 fl oz. You sacrifice this cute bottle for a tacky one, though X(

e31g
e31g

The original G was the perfume that got me hooked on fragrances! Its a sweet mix of coconut and I would say vanilla if I didn't know better, very warm and tropical. The subtle mandarin makes this coconut scent smell fresh and natural. I really don't detect any of the florals. G pulled this one off stunningly without the coconut manifesting artificially. I stocked up when I realized G had been revamped...I hope they don't turn!!

nellychick31
nellychick31

G is my favorite scent in the Harajuku Lovers line of fragrances. It's definitely a light, summery perfume that smells exactly like a pina colada on me. I get all pineapple, which is likely the combination of coconut and apple. G is a perfume that I'd wear if I was going to the beach or laying around in the sun -- not really something I'd wear to work or going out. It also doesn't last very long on my skin. This is a perfume that I would probably purchase again if I found it on sale at Marshalls or TJ Maxx -- not a must have but definitely a nice one to have around

andabri
andabri

A dried coconut scent mixed with the smell of coconut milk and the skin of a green coconut. I smell a bit of sandalwood mixed in. Otherwise it is just coconuts galore!

happygeisha
happygeisha

G is this: me drunk on some tropical beach while cabana boys fan my body with enormous palm fronds and smother me with coconut scented suntan lotion. sipping my syrupy pina colada, i peer from under my enormous sun hat and purrrr.... "gracccciassss... mucho mucho *hic* graccciasss." yeah.

tea and virtue
tea and virtue

I used to wear this for work, and constantly got complimented on it (Waitressing, and then store work). While yes, its very strong with the coconut, its sweet, light and feminine, very young, and definitely summery. Very pretty. Nothing groundbreaking, but certainly incredibly pleasant

demurevelvet
demurevelvet

Bought it for the bottle. The scent is very much a mix of BBW Exotic Coconut and BBW Creamy Coconut. Not my thing, but that bottle is pure cuteness.

Raggagirl1
Raggagirl1

I enjoy this scent it is great for summertime day or night the longevity for me isn't that great though you need to re-apply I also get pineapple with the coconut for some reason might be the apple mixing with the manderine orange, but it is a divine scent if you like coconut. for me I love coconut so is right down my alley. It is a tropical scent and in the dye down its a scrummy cotton and coconut explosion with a peek of sandle wood. Is definitely a sexy scent and something to have in your purse in the summer at the bar or on holiday! Lovely and a must have for coconut lovers : )

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

Coconut coconut coconut and more coconut such a boring scent has no character 2/10

Renata tang
Renata tang

Not really like its Smells just like a bath body works spray!

RebekahR84
RebekahR84

I wore this perfume for my wedding in Jamaica. Now, I spray it on any time my husband and I have a special occasion. We both love it. It's the only one from the original line that lasts a long time. It smells fresh, sweet but not sugary sweet, and mature without being old-lady.

fyetan
fyetan

Slightly sweet coconut, but nothing too distinctive here.
It's a little woody due to the sandalwood and cotton flower, there are similarities between this, Baby Phat Dare Me, and FCUK Friction for her.
Baby Phat Dare Me is sweeter with a plastic-y/floral edge.
FCUK Friction for her is what I wanted Harajuku G to smell like: beautiful sweet milky coconut.

Get this if you don't like scents that are too sweet. Get the others if you want sweeter, Dare Me for a floral edge and FCUK Friction for a milky edge.

I tested a sample vial so I can't speak too much to longevity or sillage.

fighter
fighter

This is my favorite fragrance from first Harajuku Lovers collection and, I really LIKE it.

The opening notes make it smell very close to pinacolada cocktails. Or Iike many other people said, like dry coconut summer oil lotions.

Base and middle notes are definitely better, as they help this fragrance to develop into a much more pleasant sweet cotton candy, creamy fragrance.

Vote: 7.5/10

Also: at first spry I get pineapple for some reasons. Maybe is the synthetic process of creating scents that generates this. Coconut scent + apple scent = pineapple (?) :-)

To conclude: the bottle is absolutely AMAZING, and feel like I want to collect them all but, IMO, the other "Lovers" scents are not that good. :-

SugarCelebi
SugarCelebi

I've been wearing and re-purchasing this for about 4 years now...I just can't shake it! I've tried finding another perfume I enjoy as much but this has become ME, I suppose. I smell the coconut from beginning to end, but it starts off as a bright/fruity sort of coconut, then ends as a warm, sweet coconut. This lasts all day on me, and smells lovely on my clothes. I have a feeling they've discontinued this original one though, I haven't seen it for a while :(

kamberc
kamberc

I do absolutely LOVE this scent. All I get is coconut really but I just cannot get enough of this one1

Seaweed840220
Seaweed840220

To me, the smell of this perfume is not one of those aggressive ones. Instead, it is very soft and warm, which is why I like to spray it on my blanket and pillow at night. It really helps me sleep. But this perfume is definitely my favorite out of all the Harajuku Lovers fragrances. Did I mention the bottle is super cute as well?

Britt005
Britt005

this fragrance just makes me think of a night full with Piña Colada and tequila in some foreign bar.
it's tropical and purely coconut .
a really fun and summery fragrance , it makes you wanna go book some sunny vacation !

Angeldelight900
Angeldelight900

Soooo pretty, if you love coconut smells and a holiday smell this is the one,very pretty will defo repurchase this for the summer its beautiful for the day or night time teamed with a coconut lotion!

4everyoung
4everyoung

it smells like coconut tanning lotion!!! its perfect for running out the door!!! It doesnt last too long on my skin but its a really nice one to have, very yummy, if you like fruity-heavier scents, i would reccomend harajuku lovers lil' angel, its a very different scent that smells sort of like pinapple thats PERFECT for the summer!!!! YUM!!!

vood-oohlala
vood-oohlala

Coconut candy. Pineaple jelly. Coconut oil. Coconut creme soda. Pina colada. This is the only fragrance i have experienced which though not vomit inducing leaves me *just* on the cusp. Smells of over-ripe Banana Boat suncare products. Just too synthetic coconuty/pineapply and sweet for me….which is odd because i love both coconuts and pina coladas. If the scent was subtle, i would make use of it on Summer beach days as a hair or beach towel spray…but as she stands, G is too much for me. The bottle: Alice in Wonderland by way of Hustler Hollywood. Ive kept her only because she's a cutie.

annettepe
annettepe

for me this is straight up sweet coconut and pina colada. not a big of fan of coconut but if thats what you like then youll probably like this one.

and i must add, i hate the doll packaging. it makes me feel like i cant carry it around in my purse because people might think im carrying this doll around...

PikaMurder
PikaMurder

Coconuts...need I say more?
Most people say it smells like sunscreen/ pina colada and at one point it does as it airs out. It settles into a "roasty wood" scent.
Fruity...and lots of Coconut.

RainyDayDaydream
RainyDayDaydream

I am a sucker for cute packaging. Bought this blind online, for the good price and the dolly on top. Once I got it, I was a bit disappointed however- its only 10ml, which such a small amount of perfume (and I always tend to go overboard with spraying my perfume. Which I cant do with this). It made me feel like I was just buying it for the top and not the actual perfume. I'm actually scared to use it- I think I might spray it all away in one go. Also, didn't expect it to smell so much like coconut, but the coconut smell fades on my skin after a while as it settles. This reminds me of a warm day on the beach, I imagine alcoholic drinks with bendy straws and those novelty umbrellas in them- whenever I sniff this fragrance. Certainly going to use this when I go to the beach this summer! Would not repurchase it, (will keep the bottle) solely because this isn't the type of perfume I would normally wear and it doesn't have a very long-staying effect on my skin.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

Everyone who said this smelled like a summers day at the beach I am right on board with you. I get a shredded coconut pina colada that is very light and sweet. The coconut here is sweetened by a light jasmine and I Love sandalwood. This fragrance is very light, discrete and smells delicious up close. I wear this at home mainly when I wanna hang out. It does not have a good lasting power I think, which is sad because its not bad at all. I Love the bottle so much, I see it and I get happy. I absolutely love Gwen, still judging on the juice alone I would give it a thumbs up. Still due to lack of sillage and projection I would not repurchase this because I personally tend to fall in love with stronger frangrances. Regardless, if you like subtle light coconut fragrance this will not dissapoint. I recommend this to a teenager who likes bath and body works, and wants to splash on something cute. If you want something that will get you noticed this might be too light.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

I love the coconut smell but it doesn't last.. its something i wear when i know i will be REALLY close to people and don't want to offend anyone..I wished it last longer..its so hard finding a good coconut fragrance..but once my bottle finish i will not be repurchasing it .

belle.le.disko
belle.le.disko

I adore the energizing and clean scent of this perfume: a fresh and natural coconut, fresh apple, linen, and a little sandalwood a woodsy backup. The mixture is divine, and I would wear this every summer day if the scent didn't wear away in less than 20 minutes. In no way is this perfume artificial or overpowering like a suntan lotion or air freshener. It is, by far, the best fragrance in the Harajuku Lover line.
While clean and fresh, this perfume is mild and sillage-less, and, perhaps, best suited for a 10 year old.
I still love the scent, however, and I wish this were a long-lasting perfume... This is a perfect summer/ outdoors/ sporty/ beachy scent.

Octoberamy
Octoberamy

I love this perfume. I would swim in it if I could. But it doesn't last more than 5 minutes. Boo. The bottle is adorable.

debush
debush

i like the bottle but i hate coconut smells ...too strong!

dulcette
dulcette

smells just like coconuts and sunscreen + tanning oil. after a while, a bit of pina colada kicks in. lovely for summer, but may smell awkward in other seasons. not long lasting at all. still a nice scent though (◕‿◕✿)

dness92
dness92

If you like dry coconut you can't go wrong with this perfume. It's a safe blind buy, a lovely linear scent.

Remember though - it is NOT creamy nor sweet. It's just coconut mixed with sandalwood to me.

Very long lasting, you can smell it on yourself. Good quality.

sofababe
sofababe

I'm testing this today and so far I'm impressed!
The first spray is very fruity, quickly followed by the coconut which is sooo lovely. Some reviewers say its just coconut but I can clearly detect the jasmine, freesia and sandalwood as it dries down.
It's a shame it's discontinued but as it's available at a very good price at various online stores I think I'm going to have to treat myself to a bottle before the summer disappears.
Not particularly a Gwen fan but G is excellent, and I'm keen to try the rest of the range. And how cute are the bottles? At my age I really should know better. LOL :-)

Jyllian
Jyllian

I love this perfume though i dont own a bottle ....not yet i have been looking for it..does anyone know any stors that sell it? I hate to buy of line and would much rather buy from the store but cant find it anywhere

Adriannayo
Adriannayo

When i was little i always listened to Gwen, and when i finally got the scent i've been dying for, it did not dissapoint!
I mean if u don't like coconut, don't get it.. But it just takes me to the beach and just makes me so happy whenever I smell it.. I also smell the apple, but eveything just mixes together so nicely. It's smells like soft and creamy, but like kinda out there. I have a few of her other scents, but I'll always love my G becasue she's so unique.

Nekomusume
Nekomusume

Currently work at Boots in England and I have been informed it has been discontinued- not sure about the rest of the Harajuku Lovers range but we no longer stock in store.

Sad really, this was my first perfume, bought in duty free from my Mum!

--UPDATE--
Katy Perrys Purr eau de parfum is extremely similar! Far longer lasting with a tad more oomph yet still that summery scent, do not be fooled by the dark coloured bottle!

If you liked this Harajuku Lovers G, I URGE you to smell a tester of Purr.

signaturescent103
signaturescent103

I absolutely love the smell of this perfume, however I find that it doesn't last long on me so that's the only thing that prevents me from purchasing a bigger bottle.

islandgiirl
islandgiirl

Love this, has a really pretty coconut smell.

wildmayogirl
wildmayogirl

Love this perfume with all my heart. It's been discontinued in Ireland, but does anyone where I could get a similar, coconut alternitive? xxx

nush imogen
nush imogen

I want this one so bad! If anyone on here has it and doesnt like it - i will buy or exchange a small bottle (even used) :))

lmk224
lmk224

Wow! Just got this and put it on, lots of coconut that quickly dissipates to watermelon and cucumber, with a hint of floral. The coconut is an underlying scent - it really smells just like holidays and the beach! Very refreshing. Definitely something I would keep in my bag to spritz on while I'm walking around on my travels.

dame piglet
dame piglet

I agree with all that this opens very tropical. I do get some coconut, but on me it's not suntan lotion tropical. I think it's possibly the magnolia, but I get a white flower opening even more than the coconut. mid-way through, the cotton flower & freesia take center stage along with the sandalwood. It's just lovely!
Although this doesn't last as long as I wish it would, on me it is a pretty and evolving experience.
I really like this and I'm glad I bought it. The opening screams "spring and summer" but the drydown says "anytime".
Fresh, pretty and good for just about any age. Don't let the dolly bottle dissuade you (except that there is very little in the actual bottle!) I am giving some thought to re-purchasing, but this time in the tester, not the dolly bottle.

Lovely123
Lovely123

This one smells the best to me. It smells sweet, light, and like coconuts. It reminds me of laying under the sun on the sand at a lake; warmth, peacefulness , and suntan lotion. It's definitely casual, not at all complex, it's a pretty summery young scent. It's not my favorite perfume, but it's nice to have.

nightcat23
nightcat23

It's a beautiful fun coconut scent. I don't really smell the apple, it mostly maintains it's coconut structure, however I love the interesting base. It's a beautiful clean, cotton, 'skin scent' when it dries down.

A lot of coconut scents turn 'syrupy' at the end of the day but because of the clean cotton and apple, it maintains a clean smell. Pretty and innocent. Great for summer!

marysiac
marysiac

I totally miss having this fragrance. First chance I get I'm buying the whole collection & all the other G fragrances!!

Malibu

G is my favourite out of the 'Harajuku Lovers' line. It's my favourite kind of sweetness; it's not too sweet. It's a nice come-closer mix and it doesn't turn sickly on me.

I can't seperate any of the floral scent notes; this is a strictly fruity affair. On me it's a mix of madarin, apple and something that smells like pineapple, on a creamy coconut base. It's sort of like I've spilled a Pina Colada on myself.

I love wearing G in hotter weather, as it's a light and uncomplicated fragrance, so doesn't set off my migraines.

SERENAGELB
SERENAGELB

Mine is a few years old and I don't remember what it smelled like when I first purchased, but there is absolutely no hint of coconut in mine anymore.

G00D_Girl
G00D_Girl

This is not a overly sweet coconut scent...

its fresh... makes me think of freshly laundered coconut hung on a line to dry in the salty sea air...

If that appeals to you great, unfortunately this is not for me...

cheerbear8605
cheerbear8605

I usually don't like the smell of coconut but this is a delight! It is definitively made for summer and going on long walks on the beach! It's kinda reminds me of victoria secret's coconutty beauty rush they had a few years back but not as sweet. Which reminds me that VS doesn't sell coconutty anymore :(

tahliaaa
tahliaaa

i asked this girl what perfume she was wearing that day because i absolutely loved it . She directed me to this one and now its definitely one of my favourites. It smells predominantly of coconut and it really nice to wear on a nice summers or spring day, or even if you want to bring a little summer into the colder months. I would recommend this to anyone who loves the smell of coconut and the tropics.

ImJess
ImJess

Want it so bad ! Tried it at the store! Amazing good smell! But i have to finish my Jingle G and G of the Sea perfume first! "G" is my fav of all Harajuku Lovers Fragrance! Although i tried one of the perfume i don't know maybe "Music" there's this weird smell to it... and i think it's Lil Angel or Love there's this weird honey smell which i hate ( I had sample sticks and i placed them together! } Huge mistake! G of the sea(Fragrance stick) ended up smelling like honey :/)

taylorloveslopez
taylorloveslopez

I love this!! i loved it so much i bought 2 bottles! :) it smells a lot like coconut, which i love. people come up to me all the time and tell me how good i smell. this scent is great for young girls! nice job Gwen ;)

ljubinja
ljubinja

I am surprised there is coconut! To me it smells like a pineapple! But I like it anyway.

tubita
tubita

All I can smell is coconut.I like it very much. I think this is more suitabl for summer time. And also for an EDT, lasting power is great. I love the bottle..I am happy with my purchase.

abbylorenn
abbylorenn

At first, this scent was really weird-smelling to me. But after a while of wearing it, I like it a lot more. I love the smell of coconut, and at first it smelt like a bit too much of it just because not a lot of scents have powerful coconut top notes, but now I just think it's amazing smelling!

ally.angeliss
ally.angeliss

I have this perfume and like it but i dont wear it..
its just way too coconutty for me, it smells great on the bottle but not good on me..it just makes me smell like coconut and thats it! too boring for me..
i feel that this is for young teens and has no maturity in it so its a no-no for me :(

fobia
fobia

I agree, I only smell coconut in this. Great if you like that... though I prefer when coconut is just somewhere in the background... (like with nice woodsy notes or something else mixed in).
I find the sunshine cuties version of this slightly better, though still pretty coconut-y.
I probably won't wear this much though..

big pink jelly bean
big pink jelly bean

it really coconuty

mayazakiyaa
mayazakiyaa

mmmm, lots of coconut, which I'm a lover of, so can't say anything negative about this. It's tropical and fun, light and fresh, all about summer, beaches, and good times. Don't think I could ever get sick of this.

Kateyanna
Kateyanna

Awsome, awsome, smell is sooooo tropical, and it makes me feel free!

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

I am so glad I went to Ross today because I purchased this there for only $12.99 =) It came with the .33oz 10ml bottle & a .04oz solid perfume. That price is such a steal! I've always wanted this too! This perfume is definitely coconut, tropical, powdery, floral, woody & fruity. I would consider this a day & night fragrance because it is fruity for the day & strong, heavy tropical at night. This is the only coconut fragrance I love.

hybiscusgirl18
hybiscusgirl18

G is all about the coconut, the sun warmth and a cute plastic doll!

The smell almost makes you imagine yourself on the beach, drinking iced punch under an umbrella and enjoying the view.

G is essentially for coconut lovers, who are into the feel of sun warmed aromas, and who don't mind paying for the bottle :) .

vicka16
vicka16

Coconut, coconut, coconut... Is there something else? Yes! there is this sooo cute bottle with a doll! :))
Once again I bought the perfume for its bottle and not the fragrance (and for a great price) I was lucky anought to buy it for less than half price! So how could I miss the deal? I also have the BABY, but I like it less.
I think G would be a nice fragrance for a beach party. Sand, ocean, everybody in swimsuits, exotic cocktails, music, and really hot weather...

jenny23
jenny23

Holy coconut! I really LOVE coconut scents and I do enjoy this,but it does remind me of those coconut car air fresheners that hang,but still smells good.Perfect for the summer.
Oh and I bought a 3.4oz tester for 40 with shipping and tax included.So not too shabby!

melzy
melzy

Oh dear god, coconut overload. I adore this one, it smells like heaven. It's perfect all year round, from making you feel amped during summer, to evoking summer memories on a rainy winters day.

jonr951

I ADORE this stuff! For an edt, it lasts FOREVER! G is summer in a bottle. It's SO good! I need another bottle. : )

marisacb
marisacb

Very much a coconut perfume. Not my favorite, but not bad. I have the snow bunnies and got it as a blind buy from a discount store. I love the bottle, I think its my favorite next to the g of the sea version!

itscool2hate
itscool2hate

i love this!!! although it is a coconut smell it is so much more than that. to me it's a very sophisticated well designed fragrance. very very good..not your typical coconut!!

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

I just bought 10ml of G couple of days ago, and I am trying it right now. Everything I get from this fragrance is coconut, and cotton in the drydown. I usually LOVE everything that smells of coconut, but this is really not what I expected. I wanted it to be a very smooth and creamy coconut smell, something like Yves Rocher- Noix de coco de Malaisie, but the coconut here is so DRY and bald..I am kinda disappointed, but the longevity is quite good for such a cheap fragrance..Overall, I am not satisfied. But it is still the best one out of all from Harajuku Lovers line.

Felonia
Felonia

I was quite confused when I got this, because I got limited edition packaging. Mine is from the "Snow bunnies" release, and I thought that was the name of the perfume. It completely confused me why it smelled so strongly and obviously of coconut.

In any case, I like it. It's okay. It's slightly boring, but also practical. It seems all my best hair products have a coconut smell to them, and this perfume will compliment those rather than having me worry my hair and perfume will clash.

It is a very well done pina-colada sort of scent, but I feel like that's probably quite easy to find if you're looking. I payed much less than retail and the bottle is cute, so it was totally worth it to me. I may find I like this better in summer. For now, it's just okay.

TBWood
TBWood

I love this fragrance! I am always on the lookout for a new tropical fragrance and for me, this is one of the best. I keep it in my purse for a pick-me-up in the middle of a long work day.

heidi1990
heidi1990

pina colada and plastic

shari.carroll3
shari.carroll3

It just smells like synthetic coconut with a bit of mango.

Crazy L
Crazy L

i love this. my best friend has it i use it all the time! it has a great coconut smell!! sadly hers is broken so i'm gonna have to get it for my self! :)

chromaggia
chromaggia

A sweet, cool coconut. Just spraying it on makes me feel like a sweet breeze is cooling down my skin on a summer day. So simple, cute, and playful. I only hope whatever HL has in store for 2012+ will be just as fun as this fragrance.

hollyms
hollyms

I understand how so many people love this - it is a sweet, light, pretty scent that smells just yummy. And I LOVE anything coconut. But for some reason I got an equal mix of coconut and pineapple. That completely ruined it for me, since I can't stand pineapple. I wanted to love this so much. Where did all the pineapple come from??

92heartbeat
92heartbeat

love the bottle :) so cute! it smells like coconut

Jellybean
Jellybean

pronounced jasmine, coconut and hint of magnolia. it reminds me of far east/orient. so far this one lasts longest 4-5 hours.

iboudesign
iboudesign

Great perfume and the bottle collection are so cute. Gwen Stefani is a Genius. All scents are a gift for the nose. A big congratulations.

Raina
Raina

This smells so amazing in the bottle and on a tester paper. On my skin, not so much. That wonderful fruity scent disappears very quickly on me and turns into a very strange and slightly off scent of florals, sandalwood, and an extremely synthetic watery sweet note that might (in some strange alternate reality) be interpenetrated as coconut. In other words, my skin turns what might have been something wonderful, into something ridiculously horrid. I believe there must be some ingredient that this manufacturer is using that just does not agree with my skin as all of the Harajuku Lovers fragrances turn on my skin. Really put off about this.

Desstile
Desstile

Oh my gosh, this is my favorite scent ever! I keep two bottles on hand (a big one for home and a little one for travels) just incase I run out of one. The coconut is the first thing I notice when I put it on, but it fades into this amazing summery scent. It reminds me of the sweet smells of summer and fruity suntan lotion (I mean that in a more amazing way then it sounds). Really, it's just a great perfume. And the bottle is so friggen cute as well! How could you go wrong?!

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

I recently wore this on a date with one of the sexiest guys I've ever known. He caught a whiff of me and said.. "It smells like an angel farted."
We went to a Bush concert the next evening and I wore it again.
I am SO buying a bigger bottle :)

perfumeluver
perfumeluver

Smells nice but too expensive for such a small amount of perfume.

Nashy
Nashy

I've had this fragrance for a while, and I love it. I'm not amazing at detecting scents or what's in it, but I love the smell of this one. It's not too powerful, nor too weak. I find it the perfect combination for a fun, girly scent.

chase.gray
chase.gray

Coconut is dominant here, but there's also a "roasty" feel to this fragrance. I think it's the apple skin. Overall, not my absolute fave, but I still love how nice it soaks in and blends with your skin chemistry, if you have the right kind of course. My mom thinks it smells like suntan lotion. I wear this on Wednesdays in the spring to get me through the middle of my week.

KeriMarieCowart
KeriMarieCowart

My daughter wears this and loves it! It is coco nutty and sheer enough for a 13 yr old. It's also elegant enough for grown ups lol.

Kiyenna
Kiyenna

This smells like rich woods and coconut on me. It's lovely! I got it on sale at Walmart after Christmas. Definitely a summer scent.

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

I like this scent soooooo much! A perfect summer/vacation/tropical scent!

I don't get the ideea of making it just in 30ml bottle (the biggest!!!!)!
Too small for me,I'm afraid to use it because if this bottle gets empty I'm not sure I will purchase another one because of the price/quantity...

So dear Gwen,this is not a good marketing strategy! LOOOOOL!!!

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

LOVE LOVE LOVE this !!! The coconut scent is just the right amount, not too overpowing or sweet and such a gorgeous erfume bottle too. Price is amazing and the perfume is perfect for everyday use. 10/10 certainly recommended !! =D

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

A perfume I will always love! Does not last me long so it is a good job this isn't too expensive!

A Must wear scent for those that love coconut, I can't make out any other notes apart from coconut lol! which I can't complain about as my fave note is coconut.

I have to keep re-spraying throughout the day as it wears off quite quickly - I find this with most sweet scents though!

One word

'Yummy'!!!!

dany06
dany06

This is not the best coconut scent. Its not gourmand nor is it beachy. The coconut in it smells almost burnt. It is sweet but somehow reminds me one of those horrible gas station imitation perfume oils trying to copy hilary duff with love.

I wouldnt say that it stinks. I just dont like it. My brother(who hates coconut) thinks that it smells good and doesnt detect the coconut. That should let you know it doesnt have the typical sweet coconut flakes smell. It is almost a typical bland perfume. The problem I have with this perfume could be because i purchased it from TJ Maxx but it doubt it.

emalie
emalie

yummy!!!coconut scent!!!G rocks and has anyone smelled super G she smells really nice too she has a wonderful juicy pineapple scent!!!

YUM!!!YUM!!!!

Vamy69
Vamy69

Coconutty-licious summer scent!

mmm...just coconut

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

G is such a cute, young fragrance. Smells very tropical with hints of citrus, cocunut and freesia. I'm a sucker for freesia and coconut so I was automatically pulled in when I smelled G. Very fresh and clean and, unfortunately, forgettable. One of those scents that I love to wear but have to reapply often because it fades so quickly. Definitley worth at least a try if you've not smelled it or used it before. My main complaints are that, again, it has poor sillage and lasts way too little and 2, it comes in these tiny bottles. I have to use it sparingly because I don't want to run out.

Another reviewer said it best, G is Pina Colada in a bottle.

Summary: fresh, tropical but fades very fast.

la_beba
la_beba

1st the bottle is cute and the smell is nice too..i really love it!! smell like chocolate milk according to my 5 years old sister..

for me it smell like sweet, creamy coconut..yummy..its remind me of ralph lauren hot, but this one more creamy =)

marrojas

it's just a coconut scent....a great one but nothing more than that.

Josie_the_duck
Josie_the_duck

Wow! This perfume is amazing. It reminds me Britney's Fantasy. It is very sweet and yummy. I'd even say it's gourmand. The bottle is amazing too. I bought i unsniffd for the bottle only. But it turned out to be very good perfume.

verocele
verocele

It smells like tanning lotion.... I do not like it at all........

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

This doesnt smell like the bath and body works coconut and lime I had both and they dont smell anything alike to me. This smells like straight coconut. I think it smells like tanning lotion exactly, and they dont make 1.7 oz of these pefumes the biggest sizes they come in are 1 oz anyone think and agree with me that they should make bigger bottles of this scent??? I would totally buy it more than

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

Don't get me wrong- I'm a huge fan of coconut scents. But this smells like Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena. I was NOT impressed. They sell the 1.7 ounce bottle at Ross Stores for like $17... Even that isn't work the products quality... Wished it smelled more unique and less like BBW stuff..

lizzie81
lizzie81

I can't bear any of these Harajuku fragrances, i just don't get it. Now i'd say they are probably aimed at a much younger market than me (29) but they just seem so tacky and the stuff inside smells like synthetic air freshener not remotely like perfume! I wish she would come up with another more mature fragrance and stop reaming off these horrible dolly sprays!

It smells like cheap, fake coconut; like a car freshener my dad had when I was a little girl. It doesn't remind me of the beach. I don't smell any notes of apple or cotton blossom, just synthetic coconut.

malwiniusia
malwiniusia

coco, beach, hot, sun ;) and something powdery makes this fragranc a fantastic company for a few hours ;)
people always complain about the synthetic coco, unfortunatly i have to admit, that it does smell a bit artificial, but in the end, because of the powdery dry down, it is perfect as the sun sets again !
enjoy !

malrats
malrats

I'm a guy, trying to pull this off since it has that suntan lotion smell, and thankfully it's very light so I might just get away with it. it's nothing amazing, but I do like it. so far the top notes smelled best (strong coconut), I haven't smelled the base notes yet. sort of reminds me of creamy coconut from bath and body works. good stuff for the price, definitely nice for summer. and in all honesty (not just to defend myself), it's not massively feminine, so I really think a guy can pull this off. I just love that Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil smell, and this definitely resembles it.

pugnose
pugnose

Normally I don't like coconut smells cuz it reminds me of suntan lotion. But this "G" has a nice balance of coconut and floral. Very nice for summer.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I expected a lot from this one based on the reviews I had read but I was very underwhelmed when I tested it. It smelled kind of like baking flour... I have no idea why, it is definitely not a powedery scent but all I could smell was baking flour?? Strange! Maybe the paper strip contributed to this funny smell, may need to try on skin.

Update: Gosh, this does smell like baking flour, even on my skin. I couldn't wait to wash it off my hand.

xcherylberylx
xcherylberylx

Sprayed this at the perfume counter and I could not stop smelling myself the ENTIRE night. I am definitely getting this!
Loving the coconut btw.

HeavenlyScent
HeavenlyScent

Sweet coconut summer dessert. Lovely and fun. And absolutely delicious. I find the perfume bottles in this collection a bit tacky and cheesy, but I like this scent.

Happyvalleygirl
Happyvalleygirl

I do love coconut scents very much, but on me the floral notes do stand out quite a bit as well. It's nicely balanced on me and not too syrupy.

mil1991
mil1991

ashbee88: u can get the bigger bottle which is its tester but it don`t have that cute little doll with it
Okay,i really dislike this lil thing here..
it smell exactly like a coconut oil that some spa`s do as a massage oil..
bad bad bad scents,this is not a perfume!if u wanna ended up like a very musky coconut oil this is the ONE 4 U!
i absolutely hates it..

ashbee28
ashbee28

i LOVE this perfume. but please please please tell me, why is it such a SMALL bottle??

Minnija
Minnija

I red sooo good reviews....finally I got it and Oh My God...it is soo disgusting!!!! for me that smells very very very cheap, because it doesn't smell like perfume, it smells like food, like bakery, it i sso unsexy and so unfeminine to smell like food. I am using now as toilet refreshener. The same as Lil angel

angggx3
angggx3

Smells great. Like coconuts, but not artificial coconuts.

Hi guys, you can get Harajuku lover G in 100 ML if you love it that much ( I do!) but it comes in a tester bottle. Its just amazing I dnt even care that it doesnt come with a lid, im crazy about the scent.

inbloom222
inbloom222

This is a lovely and fun scent that can be worn daily. I just wish that it came in a larger bottle. I think that some people need to not take it so seriously as it is affordable and fine for those with smaller budgets, such as myself.

guest_LEPluvsu
guest_LEPluvsu

My favorite one. When I wear it, everyones like "ohmigawd you smell so good!"

jonr951

You can see the bottles of the new Harajuku Lovers Wicked Style collection at yvonnekai.blogspot.com : )

guest_zanamor
guest_zanamor

bought this for my sister- nice coconut and feminine scent - mellow and fresh

guest_debob
guest_debob

I love this with the coconut, apple and magnolia. What a combination! It smells so sweet and fruity. Does NOT smell like suntan lotion. Suntan lotion has a kind of plastic sour coconut scent. Not this, it's a floral fruity gourmand type of smell. I almost want to drink it. I don't want to drink suntan lotion.
Ohh, what a cute bottle! Too bad they are so small.

HanaToYume
HanaToYume

G is one of five fragrances released by Gwen Stefani in her dive into the world of fragrances under her Harajuku Lovers label. The tag-line "A Fatal Attraction To Cuteness" speaks volumes about this fragrances, particularly in it's package and bottle design. This eau de toilette fits in the palm of your hand and sits under a three inch plastic doll. G is based after Gwen herself and features blonde curly hair with a black bow, a white tank top with a ruffled design, a blue miniskirt, fishnet socks and black shoes. These bottles are pure vanity candy and look quite lovely lined up in a row. The perfume bottle itself is quite simplistic and features the name of the perfume as well as the Harajuku Lovers brand logo. At 10ml (or .33 fluid ounces) you don't get a whole lot of juice, but given that the majority of the production value lies in the plastic dolls, it's understandable.

The fragrance itself when initially sprayed smells distinctively of coconut and apple, almost shampoo-like, this scent is quite pleasant and rather inoffensive. The scent does develop too deeply on my skin, and dries down to a creamy coconut. The scent doesn't last too long, maybe two or three hours at the most. Not great considering you don't have tons of juice to keep reapplying, but honestly I think I would grow sick of it if it was heavily applied over a long period of time.

Overall, I quite like this scent and will definitely repurchase when I run out. If having the dolls aren't an attraction to you, I would recommend purchasing a tester online - those contain about 3.4 fluid ounces and usually run around $50, a great, great value considering the full retail prices of these fragrances.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

This is Harajuku Lil' Angel all grown up & off its face on rum.

The opening was very strong coconut which was almost nice except for a really horrible, nostril-hair burning undertone.

I didn't understand where it came from until the perfume developed a little more on the skin & I could smell authentic pina colada (complete with the boozy wafts of rum) spilt on coconut suntan lotion. Smelling such a potentially nice gourmand mixed with something so inpalatable made my tummy feel woozy. Reminiscent of a hang-over from a little too much rum in one's Pina Colada the previous evening...

charlieshaw
charlieshaw

My sister has this perfume and she loves it. The bottle is cool and young, and the fragrance is very lovely and simple. Sweet coconut is all I get. Which my sister loves, as she is not into floral scents. Perfect for summer.

atmosphere
atmosphere

When I first smelled this fragrance, I loved it. I still do,actually. It's a great scent for summer and I love the coconut note in it. But I think it's overpriced. 10mL of this spray costs about $30 and it's very light, so a little does not go a long way at all.
I smelled Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil the other day on someone, and it also smelled like coconut and just as good as G, if not better. And it's much cheaper. However, since I have no use of the tanning oil as I tan just fine without it, I might just cave in and buy this. If I can't find a coconutty alternative :/

vmromero
vmromero

Bravo to Miss Stefani!!! This creamy concoction is truly a tasty fantasy!! Its like Ive been transported to paradise!! The coconut is devine!! I know there are alot of coconut scents in the stores but this one is my absolute favorite!! The only thing is that it only comes in a 1oz. I need more!! I'll have to find a big tester online somewhere. : )

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

I tested today and it is coconut, coconut, coconut, oh and coconut. It's smells great, really. but it's just too expensive for a single note fragrance.
instead, buy coconut body butter by TBS, it's more cheap and has the same effect.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

This is like an icy pina colada served with a tropical flower stuck in it. It smells fruity and good, which is sometimes exactly what you want. However, it only seems to last 2-3 hours on me before I'm left with a somewhat watery, puny coconut. But it's nice while it lasts.

Luciel
Luciel

I kinda expected something different from this and it was a bad surprise - coconut! And very sweet coconut and anything else. I would recommend this to a real coconut lover or a little girl.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

G was the best and the only one I got..it light and cocunut smell and just stuck out above the others.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

G is a girlish, charming and lovely scent, I like the coconut very much. Wearing it you would feel you're 10 yrs younger.

I appreciate the design of all the Harajuku Lover dolls, if the perfume runs out, the dolls are still pretty in your perfume wardrobe. I really want to collect the whole set.

starlight~girl:)

I bought a mini spray of this, this week and testing it again after several months. This is much more icky sweet than I previously thought. :( So sad. Too bad the coconut is so heavy since I do love coconut...

I heard that the summer time Harajuku Lovers they came out with this year. Are they called "summer cuties"? something like that. I heard that this year, they actually changed the original fragrances a little bit and not just the bottle. I noticed when sampling that on my wrist at the store today, the summer one, it seemed lighter on me than the original.

Has anyone tried both? Is there much of a difference to your nose? I so wanted to love the Harajuku Lovers perfumes... sighs... Maybe I would like "Music"? I am on the fence with this one. I really wanted to love Lil Angel. I love what they are trying to do with the fragrances but they smell like they have strange notes in them and just.. well... off. Maybe I should give it more of a chance... I wish I felt the same today as my previous review of "G". We will see as time goes.

Abby1920
Abby1920

It's an okay fragrance. Very ordinary. Reminds me alot of Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena.

chemicalideas
chemicalideas

Oh my gosh I hate EVERY SINGLE ONE of the Harajuku perfumes. They are all totally disgusting, sickly sweet and cloying. It feels like my throat has just been stuffed full of powder- I can't breathe and it gives me a headache. Worst thing ever. I'm not surprised to learn that one of the base notes in this is cotton flower- it definitely feels as though I've got cotton wool stuffed up my nose!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

The other day when I was at Ulta I made myself a sample vial of G (with permission) and today got around to testing it. It’s all about coconut. To me it’s not really a heavy suntan oil coconut, but coconut layered on top of the usual teeny-cheapie marine/fruity/sugary accord. Actually the two notes go together surprisingly well. It dries down to a lightly vanilla-scented fresh coconut milk accord. For a synthetic commercial product, this is not bad at all. It’s not only fun, but wearable. The sillage is good, and the scent lasts about 4-6 hours. The doll bottles are cheesy, and probably represent most of the cost of the product, but the scent is something that I’ll probably wear from time to time when I want a girly, summery, beach feeling.

Lucero
Lucero

Coconut coconut & then some more coconut...all i smell is coconut,the good thing is i like coconut the bad thing is i think i hate coconut now! =/ smells exactly like the ai freshner i put in my car.

AcePilot
AcePilot

I sampled this one yesterday, and All I could smell was coconut, and it instantly reminded me of tanning lotion. Which smells good, But its not what I look for in a fragrance. It lasted about twenty minutes on me, by the time I was back in my car heading home I could only smell something boring and milky on my wrist.

Sissi
Sissi

Harajuku Lovers is a Blend of Teenybopper admiration for the cool things in life. Lady GAGA is there idol
fake Taned girls on Venice Beach California; Rodeo Drive; Beverly Hills;
Having there first crush sleepover
And Watching thoese Cheesy Tacky
Reality shows.

I'm not a fan of coconut but it dries
down and it's more pleasent. this maybe not my favorite but i love the Dolly
Design of the bottle when you done using the bottle keep the top and use them as finger puppets.

guest_jamie
guest_jamie

tropical and coconutty scent,remids me of Hawaii.it smells like pina colada :)

falovalo
falovalo

Coconuts! I liked this much better than I thought I would. It's so summery and tropical. All I get are coconuts, which is fine by me, it'll be a wonderful summer fragrance. This may be my coconut Holy Grail.

starlight~girl:)

I think I am in love with this perfume! I have been so overwhelmed with so many that change from something beautiful and delicious, into something icky or discusting. :(

But this one really warms up nicely and fades nicely. I really love the cozy warm vanilla scent it leaves on you as it fades. Something that makes you smile and feel cozy. Like wanting to cuddle up in a blanket and have some yummy cookies. :) Anything lighthearted and fun is good!

It starts off a bit icky sweet, and maybe the coconut a bit much. But this one is so fun and that fades. Love it! :) Might have to buy this one later on! This is definitely on my wish list!! :oD

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

This smells like a beach in a bottle.I can smell that fresh young coconut and splash of jasmine.Not my favorite of the Harajuku Lovers but its layers really nicely with the others.

bagelwhore
bagelwhore

I thought that I would like G the most of all of the Harajuku Lovers: but it has far too much going on for me.
I got the pack with the bottle and the solid perfume when it was on sale - the packaging is wonderful with the little dolls on the top of each bottle.
For that very reason I am fine with what I paid for it - but I wouldn't wear it unless I was sure there were going to be tons of other scents around me - so that way it blends in with the chaos.

kirbygal626
kirbygal626

I really like G, it smells like a trip to the beach and scented suntan lotion. The note that stands out the most to me in this perfume is the coconut. This scent is fantastic for summer and I have gotten quite a few compliments on it. The bottle is absolutley adorable, and when you finish the perfume, you can display the doll on a shelf somewhere. This smells great mixed with Lil' Angel or Baby. I highly reccomend this for anyone who wants to smell like they just came from the beach.

Marki san
Marki san

Not much to say here...G is my favorite from the Harajuku Lovers series.

G smells like tropical coconut drink, it starts a little fruity and then turns into a warm vanilla/coconut fragrance. I must say that when I spray this on my skin I detect some weird plastic scent.

its perfect for the summer, its not too strong and very 'cosy'

guest_peaches07
guest_peaches07

I had high hopes for this perfume, because I heard it smelled very coconut-y and I love coconut smells. But when I tried it out at the store, I was disappointed. In the bottle it smells pretty good, like Malibu Rum. But when I sprayed it on my skin, it smelled sickly sweet, like coconut-flavored cough syrup or something. So I thought maybe once it mellowed out it would smell nice, but then it just turned into a strong powdery scent, which I don't like. It could just be that it didn't go well with my chemistry, but I didn't like this fragrance.

thelaurenator
thelaurenator

Awful. The Harajuku Lovers all mostly smell like cheap vanilla musk, but this is the worst. I do detect a little coconut and the woody base notes, but the wood combined with the overpowering cheap musks make this smell musty and cheap, as in... cheap. Really cheap. Save your money for a real fragrance. This is nothing but cute packaging with crap inside.

chrisna347
chrisna347

This is a very nice coconutty scent. Tropical from beginning to end. The lasting power is decent also

misscareyann
misscareyann

I wore this in a crowded casino and had a lot of people ask me if I was the one who smelled like coconut...and could they please have some?
It's coconut with a little sprinkle of something sweet and warm.
It's fun, like all of the Harajuki fragrances are, and are supposed to be.

CaraMaria
CaraMaria

For a long time I have searched for a tropical fragrance that stays tropical from beginning to end without becoming a sneeze festival or disappearing into thin air - or, becoming suntan lotion. This is sunshine in a bottle...a tropical breeze across the most exotic of beaches. This is an expensive beach where all the girls are perfectly tan and wearing the perfect bathing suit. No person on this beach is uncomfortable in their own skin. Everyone is on holiday. The scent opens with pineapple/coconut milk and blends into the sandalwood seamlessly. This scent is tropical done classy! It is what I wanted in every tropical fragrance I have every tried - not one plastic note to be found and I get glimpses of the scent wafting up towards my nose all throughout the day even if I do not reapply. For an EDT that is quite impressive. I love this. I hope they will make it for a long, long time. Let's not forget how cute the bottle is - even at my age I love the doll cap!

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

Being a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland, I bought it right after it came out without hesistatnig. The scent itself is rather simple, since the cocount in it is a bit of overwhelimng. It's hard to smell the other notes. You know Malibu, the coconut rum? It smells like Malibu with milk and sugar to me. Delicious, but not very sophisticated. One way or another, it's a pleasant perfume for cold autumn/winter days. A comforting fragrance!

RouenFr
RouenFr

I like coconut but that is all I could smell with this scent. Thr scent didn't smell bad, it just smelled like coconut. As someone said before it smelled more like lotion than perfume. I would not buy this, it smells good, but not for the price that they want. I want a perfume that offers depth and more than one scent. If I wanted a one note coconut scent I would go out and buy a cheap bottle of coconut oil not a perfume that is more pricey.

LenaBel
LenaBel

This one is actually quite strong once you just spray it on-so sweet it makes me a bit sick sometimes, but after it settles down it is ok. I can smell lots of coconut in it, and it doesnt smell like perfume - more like body lotion or tan oil. People notice it and they always say: 'your body lotion smells nice' or something. Dont know if it is good or bad thing, probably not :D I would only use it for beach parties or on holidays. I feel a bit old for it although I am 21.

I'll have to agree that this fragrance is quite lovely. Obviously, because coconut is rather dominant, this won't appeal to people that dislike its scent, however for people that do like tropical, coconutty fragrances, G won't let you down.

The opening is primarily coconut and apple which blend together nicely giving this fragrance a beachy/tropical feel. I'll agree that the scent reminds me of sun-tan oil, and perhaps slightly similar to Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess, yet much lighter and sweeter.

From here onwards the scent only becomes sweeter with the jasmine, freesia and magnolia blending with the coconut to create a scent that is soft, feminine and pretty.

The drydown did not disappoint, ending with a soft sandalwood and cotton blend which rounded the scent off nicely.

The lasting power is quite impressive and the sillage, although not overpowering, can leave a lovely, pleasant trail.

Although the bottle is cute, I admit that I would feel embarassed displaying this bottle. In some ways it's tacky and childish. I'd consider buying this fragrance if they allowed the customer to purchase the fragrance when bottled like their tester bottles, which are simple cylindrical bottles with just the label, (much more sophisticated than the ones with the doll head).

rainydays
rainydays

All I got from this was coconut... definitely not worth the money for me. I expected something way more impressive. I can get a coconut body spray for about $5. I like coconut, but I think for a perfume, this one's for a MUCH younger crowd.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I think that G is a very light and sweet scent that is perfect for Summer. It opens up as a rather fruity scent that's rather tropical. Then the coconut joins the group of tropical fruits and starts making out with them. After the snogging session a sensual and energetic coconut and cotton blend is left in the air. In some places it's extremely sweet but I like it.

saint2006
saint2006

One of my friends bought this. HE pulls off this scent well. Women love it on him. I think it smell great but not on me.

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

To be fair. I only tried this once and it was on a cardboard sample at the store. But at first spray I got enveloped in a cloud of coconut, nothing else.As a matter of fact that is all I got. I had some other scents coming through, faintly. But still a LOT of coconut. Not unpleasant, but not me. Kind of reminiscent of the beach and that coconut suntan lotion, or maybe a tropical drink. If you like those scents, then this is the perfume for you.

lucy xie
lucy xie

i don't like G. but if you can mix G with love or baby, it smells really good

guest_Phoebe
guest_Phoebe

The bottle is so cute and is probably my second favourite of them all ( HL Baby's bottle being first). G is Gwen Stefani's own bottle so naturally she has blonde hair and is wearing funky clothes.

I didn't like the scent. It reeked like coconut and not nice coconut either. It made me feel sick if I sniffed it to hard, and I couldn't bear to wear it with more than one squirt. It's a slight shame, because if the coconut was toned down it would smell quite delicious.

I would rate this...
Bottle - 5/5
Scent - 2/5
Overall - 7/10

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

This is my kind of light fresh perfume!
It is so easy to wear but the coconut keeps it warm and i love the coconut smell so much! It is great for summer! I could just drink this bottle up! x

jatzzie
jatzzie

Coconut.That was the first thing that came into my mind when I first smelled "G". Very nice, great for the summer.Alltho I would say that the coconut note is very empowering and makes me slightly nauseous and could be something that you'd kinda get bored of easily.But nevertheless, I've been looking for a coconutty fragrance and I think G would definitely be the one.=)

shadyisme
shadyisme

This one smells really good...makes me think of the summer

sky76sky
sky76sky

Definitely the best of the set - an instant hit of coconut & fresh air. Very light but a little 'dusty'- you could easily spray out half the bottle trying to find the depth you expect from a perfume like this...but that's all you get: light & breezy coconut drying down to a sweeter pina colada scent. Very pleasant - but missing something more substancial to round it off. Cute bottle though!

sweet_escape
sweet_escape

it was delicious, like spraying yourself with pina colada. although... i feel it's almost too young for me. Perfect as a gift to any young ladies in your life from middle school or high school.

Malibu

G is described as a 'modern gourmand'. G is my favourite out of the 'Harajuku Lovers' line.

It's my favourite kind of sweetness; it's not too sweet. It's a nice come-closer mix & it doesn't turn sickly on me. I also love the creamy base.

The lasting power is ok & the doll topped bottle is so cute!!

Natalia78
Natalia78

I have mixed feeling about that perfume. It is great for someone looking for something fresh and fruity for spring, but reminds me too much of Pacific Paradise by Escada. I very much prefer the latter.
Definitely a big whoohoo for young girls and lolitas.
G is the nicest of all five harajuku fragrances.

siskakak
siskakak

First i'm not attract with the cute doll Gwen stefani and name after herself(G).I love the fruity floral and sensual mix of gourmand.I like all scent warm of coconut.But this one is very sweet when first when i spritz.I know it's coconut water and mandarin.Mandarin is more sweet and little citrus than orange or lemon.

At the few hours later combination of jasmine and talcum smell of freesia appear.I'm really like this perfume even jasmine can irritate my skin but i try,because first perfume from same designer Steve demercado(love at the first glo by jlo)not make my skin redness.

I'm not surprise when G are best selling perfume than four back up dancer of Gwen.For me, this perfume is more tropical smell.This scent really represents stefani style and olfactive sensibilities.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

This one was my favorite, but I think they are ALL cheaply made. You're basically paying for the doll. You spray it once you've damn near sprayed the whole bottle. I wouldn't mind that if the fragrance lasted more than 20 minutes

cimbal_ess
cimbal_ess

WAYYYY too much coconut! I love the dry down where you can actually smell the apple skin and cotton flower but this fragrance is totally dominated by coconut and coco cream, reminds me of foot lotion

lovinitxx
lovinitxx

This one stood out to me from the others because i love coconut :)
I think this can be worn in summer or winter as it makes me feel cosy but coconut reminds me of the suncream.
G does last which i was surprised about and the bottle adds fun to my shelf!;D
i have found recently that there is a touch of greenness to this fragrance which brings up images of coconut trees.

fionioni
fionioni

yummy! I was so close to buying it, and now I wish I had! my favourite of the collectine. no surprise as it is fruity floral.

elizabethjaneforrest
elizabethjaneforrest

Love this, but the bottle is just hideous. I think I'm going to have to buy it and rebottle it. I wouldn't want this type of thing to be seen amongst my "adult" fragrances.

dsqrd52628
dsqrd52628

Love this perfume!! It's fruity and fresh and smells good all day, I only wish they sold it in a bigger sized Spray(3.4oz).

kahokero
kahokero

I love the coconut smell. Very yummy. It is sweet but not headache inducing. This is the most beautiful bottle in the whole series. My mum likes this bottle a lot. I have no doubt about buying this one from the beginning. It is pure pleasure to watch the bottle and smell the fragrance. Harajuku Lovers really takes perfume enjoyment into a new level.

Pleasant, easy coconut with floral notes and a fruity feel. I like it way more than I thought I would as I usu sally don't care for coconut fragrances outside my summer body mist and I also tend to lean away from fruity scents. This one is nice, reminding me almost of the smell of makeup in it's smooth, creamy blend.

Migotka
Migotka

Oh, this one is kind of disgusting to be honest. Probably the worst coconut i have ever smelled, reminds me of a caugh syrup my parents forced me to take when I was little.

Cherub573
Cherub573

Love at first sniff! I love beachy fragrances. I immediately picked up the coconut note, then the sandalwood. I think it's a fun summer fragrance. It lasts about 5-6 hours on me.

Angilina
Angilina

G: Scents of Modern gourmand. Fresh coconut, jasmine + magnolia and sexy woods - I kind of liked, but jasmine makes it a little strong.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Yuck- this smells like suntan oil. The coconut really dominates. Cute bottle, though. I like "Music" and "Baby" from this collection much better.

knics33
knics33

I got a great sample that included all of the Harajuku Lovers fragrances. To be honest, I am not really impressed with any of them. G is a VERY simple fragrance- all I can really pick up is coconut and cotton. Its not necessarily bad, but I definitely wouldn't rush out to buy it.

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

This is definitely my favorite. Such a yummy scent. Very tropical and the coconut is amazing. I also recognize the cotton in the base. What a lovely fragrance. I think I will add this to my collection once it warms up again.

Harajuku Lovers G by Harajuku Lovers 4.00 out of 5 based on 858 ratings and 188 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Harajuku Lovers Harajuku Lovers G fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Harajuku Lovers Harajuku Lovers G, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Harajuku Lovers G by Harajuku Lovers. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Harajuku Lovers G by Harajuku Lovers represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.