Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Super G Harajuku Lovers for women
dislike

tropical
Super G Harajuku Lovers for women Pictures

Super G joins the cute Harajuku Girls perfume collection by Gwen Stefani. G represents Gwen, this time dressed as a super heroine. Super G is designed as sparkly and flirtatious cocktail of floral and fruity notes.

Juicy and exotic yellow pineapple opens the composition together with citrus splash of tangerine. The heart features yellow freesia enriched with banana juice. Warm musky notes are in the base, supplemented by sweet vanilla and raspberry.

Super G is a limited edition, available as 30 ml EDT. Super G was launched in 2011.

Tangerine Pineapple Cranberry Pear

Freesia Peach Banana Coconut

Musk Virginia Cedar Vanille Raspberry

Live Luxe

Super G Fragrance Reviews

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

I'm usually not into such fresh fruity fragrances, but I swear to you this one has a charm that I cannot resist. It's nothing special, it smells totally like a fruity shower gel. It was a blind buy as they sold it surprisingly cheap in the local store and probably I wouldn't have bought it if I tested it beforehand. But I have no regrets as the weather is quite hot and humid and my nose just realised that this is what it missed from my wardrobe to help me survive the heat.

Longevity is not too great, the scent fades in a few hours. I don't think that the heart and base notes develop very well, although the drydown becomes a bit sweeter thanks to the vanilla. I'm kind of disappointed I can't detect any coconut because I've been craving having a perfume with subtle coconut for some time now and was joyous to see it listed here.

Overall I'm glad I got it and I'm realistic to realise I don't get wonders for £14 hehe.

empressjeneya
empressjeneya

This was a blind buy. Super cute bottle!!! Reminds me of Now&Laters candy.

guillermostf
guillermostf

ralph by ralph lauren but with more souer notes, maybe the pineapple. Nice bottle design, very little amount of liquid.

ForrealMe2

bought this again..what a tropical mix i mostly smell bananas and pineapples but its like a pina colada kinda mix..but once again i bought this for the bottle this bottle and G by the Sea

kasabourin
kasabourin

just got my bottle in the mail - it was a blind buy.
i have to say im disappointed. by reading reviews and seeing the notes i had a high expectation - super fruity, just the way i love my perfumes. But am I the only one who thinks it smells like a cheap perfume? its not fruity and juicy like i thought it would be. it burns my nostrils a bit. but the plus side is that the bottle is adorable. it looks fabulous on my dresser.

Malibu
Malibu

There's not really much to say for SUPER G: it is pure fruit from top to base, I can't detect any florals at all. On me the pineapple, banana and creamy coconut notes are the most noticeable scent notes used.

I would have loved to be able to have picked up the florals, or even the musk, to mix things up a bit. As with most fruit heavy florals, the staying power isn't anything amazing; about four hours, maximum.

It's not a 'wipe it off' fragrance and the banana note is a new one in perfume for me so I do like SUPER G, but overall there is nothing special enough here to make me re-buy.

All in all: SUPER G is an easy to wear, daytime perfume, best suited to spring/summer.

The main selling point to SUPER G is, without a doubt, the bottle; how can you resist it? I don't regret buying my bottle as just glancing at it makes me smile. But yeah, definitely a case of style over substance.

Harajuku15
Harajuku15

This to me,smells like mangos. It's not something that I would wear as an everday fragrance, but it's certainly something that I'd wear on a hot summer day to the beach. This perfume is really strong and occasionally gives me a headache. I really like the bottle, in fact that was one of the things that sold me on this perfume. I had bought it in August, so I was in the mood for something strong and lively. It's not that I despise this perfum or anything it's just I can't see myself wearing this in any other season than the summer.

Kemerri
Kemerri

Oh man this smells so good. But, I won't lie, it does a bad job as a PERFUME. Give it the title of a bodymist and it's perfectly fine. The sillage is crap and the longevity is crap. The scent is sweet and fruity, so freakin' delicious but you can only smell it for about 30 minutes, and then it's gone.

It smells basically like (artificial) banana, tangerine, and pineapple. The banana is what adds the sweetness. There's some coconut but it's subtle, not like "WOAH coconut." More like, "Ohh, sweet coconut. Mmmm juice-aay." So yeah that's all I smell. I don't really smell the vanilla? or any of the base notes to be exact.

LET'S JUST SAY THIS PERFUME IS SAFE, OKAY? Smells like a fruity bodymist. There is no musk or woody scent or amber or patchouli or floral or whatever when it 'DRIES DOWN'. Actually, I don't even think this perfume DOES dry down...

(Yeah, it's that weak.)

Luckily though, most people buy the perfume just for the bottle. So ya win some and ya lose some, right?

I highly recommend this for pre-teen girls. It's cute, it's light, it's likable, it's super juicy and it's sweet.

But I'm serious, it does smell good. Perfect for summer.

Tovah
Tovah

My son's girlfriend, who is a Freshman in college, brought this over for me to try. She's interested in fragrances lately and she always wants to smell all of mine. (I won't let her leave my house empty handed, lol). I think the Super G bottle is about the most adorable thing I've ever seen. I have a weakness for superheroes - and a superhero perfume is the ultimate fun thing! The fragrance is a very pretty summery citrus. It's extremely weak but I'm not sure how long she's had this bottle. I smells lots of pineapple and lemon/lime/orange. I do smell a hint of banana but I didn't realize it until I read these reviews. The banana note is more like a sensation in the back of my throat than an aroma. I'd buy this just for the incredibly cute bottle, but I find the scent happy and easy-to-wear as well. I RARELY classify perfumes according to age or gender, but this fragrance is so innocuous and simple it comes across as a scent that would appeal for to very young ladies, rather than women my age. This fragrance is as perfectly, completely "safe" as the scent of shampoo.

Pinksugarplum03
Pinksugarplum03

This scent smells nice, I get compliments whenever I'm wearing it. I think the wicked style G is the same scent though. They smell alike.

lalalovesroses
lalalovesroses

Smells of pineapple amd passionfruit on the top notes. A very young girly perfume best worn during summer. Loving the bottle too!

PerfumeManiac101
PerfumeManiac101

Super G saves the day with this one! It starts out with a PUNCH of fruit! Smells like fruit puck from Hawaii! Then SLAMS with coconut and fressia! Makes even MORE tropical! Then saves the day with soft rasberry and musk! Super G never lest anyone down! She always saves the day! My favorite Harajuku Lover!

ForrealMe2

Super G SLAMS you with a pineapple and banana candy blast! if you have ever eaten the new tropical flavored now-a-laters you will know what i mean when i say this is a candy scent blast..my husband was like ooh thats pineapple instantly and when i looked up the notes i was like hunny you are right and banana and i could see why he liked it because those are his favorite candy flavors..i am not a particular fan of this type of pineapple and banana candy and their scents and mind you there are many different type of pineapple and banana scents that i do like but i can appreciate them because i love perfumes and respect their uniqueness...i will say if you love those type of tropical flavors in candy you will love this alot and this is unique i have not smelled this in other perfumes...also the bottle is sooo super adorable it is the main reason why i bought G...even if i never had another harajuku lovers perfume Super G makes me happy enough to have her and for a cheap price find! She is super cute next to my Meow & Purr which was inspired by the Harajuku Lovers line...you can smell citrus,pear,raspberry..i mean this is a smorgash borge of notes in one so this is definately tropical...it is a fun scent and for those with this taste for the tropical candy scents give this a go!

fairspirit4
fairspirit4

Love the bottle. My last name starts with G so it adds to its coolness for me. =) It was given to me as a gift. I'm fairly undecided about the scent though. It feels a little too hip for me if that makes any sense. I like warm earthy scents or sweet citrus. This doesn't quite fit, but every occasionally I'll feel like being a hipster.. and then i wear it. ;)

nightcat23
nightcat23

To be honest, like most people, I was drawn to this because of the super cute bottle! I have a few of the Harajuku Lovers perfumes and nearly all the G ones in particular except for Jingle G and Wicked Style G. I think it's good to collect them because they will probably be a collector's item highly sought after in a few years time when they stop making them.

Now, as for this fragrance:

Most of these perfumes are fruity but this one is like a regular Harajuku Lovers perfume on steroids! So the fact that she is meant to be a super hero is very appropriate. I saw the notes before I smelt them and was very curious about the banana note. I have never owned a fragrance with banana in it so it drew my interest.

When I smelt it I wasn't too thrilled about the banana note but had to own it so bought it anyway. There is so much fruit in this! At first spray you can definitely smell the banana but unfortuntely it is a very synthetic smelling banana smell. Once the banana smell goes away, it's a intense fruit cocktail but surprisingly, the intensity dies down quite quickly and ends up smelling like a pleasant raspberry musk at the end of the day which I enjoy.

So in conclusion, at first spray, it's like a banana punch in the face followed by a lot of fruit that softens quite quickly til a musky raspberry trail remains. Overall it's not my favorite Harajuku Lover fragrance but I'm definitely glad I have it in my collection.

lealif
lealif

I tested in store, getting wafts of pineapple, banana and coconut. Very sweet, kind of tropical and juicy. It wasn't amazing, and I didn't wait for it to dry-down completely, but figured the smell would be inoffensive enough that the cute bottle would balance it out. However, when I got home with the perfume, my arm smelled powdery, and like fake plastic-y fruit, which made me feel nauseous. I really wanted to like this perfume, but I just can't. I'm returning it ASAP.

loversandxo
loversandxo

Fruity Floral with a Punch.

This scent is nice.

I mean, I wasn't expecting it to be my new favorite fragrance when I picked it up. I remember smelling this a while back and I remember that I really liked it. I got it a Marshall's for a fairly good price, and I'm glad I paid that price for it because it is not worth a s-cent more. Me and my mother were talking and we both agreed that the Harajuku Lovers fragrances you pay for the topper than anything else.

Super G hits you (BAM! POW!) with a huge wiff of white peach, banana, pineapple, and pear. While it wears (really quickly might I add) you get a little freesia, the slightest hint of coconut, and raspberry. I smell the peach scent the most on my skin. VERY fruity. I'm actually glad (sorta) that I picked this scent up, because it's perfect for the summertime. It is very light and sweet which, is what I typically pick up this time of year. I wish it had more longevity so I can actually enjoy this fragrance more.

All in all, Super G is short and sweet. I wish there was more staying power and product, but you can't have everything you want in life. Right??!!?

Longevity: 3-3.5 hours
Scent: 7.5/10
Would I pick this up again?: No.
Packaging: Super Kawaii! SOOOO CUTE. I'm gonna save this bottle after I am done with the fragrance ;D

marisacb
marisacb

Kinda stinky. Got it for a good price, so I don't really care because the bottle is so adorable that its worth it to me. Just don't buy it expecting it to be your new favorite fragrance.

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

I don't hate this fragrance, but it's one of the most disappointing fragrances I've tried. After reading the notes, I was expecting something really sunny, fruity, and tropical. I don't get that AT ALL with Super G, unfortunately! :(

I know that the notes in this fragrance are dominantly fruit, but my nose doesn't pick up most of the fruit! I think the whole list of notes are very misleading. All I smell from the notes are the cranberries, the pear, the freesia, and the cedar. The combination of these four notes create a very powdery fragrance for me. It's an overall inoffensive powdery scent, but it smells cheap. If I had paid full price for this rather than $10 at TJ Maxx, I would be very upset right now.

If the dominant notes in this were just banana, coconut, and pineapple, I would absolutely LOVE this fragrance. I don't need a whole mess of notes competing with each other all of the time. Sometimes less is more, and sometimes I want to smell fun and cute (like a tropical smoothie, for example!).

tsofa
tsofa

Sorry to say, but I didn't like Super G's smell at all!

Although I trully liked "Lil Angel", my favorite out of all "Harajuku Lovers" line, Super G gave me a punch on the stomach with its banana smell, so hard, it knocked me out on the first round!

So, in order to get my revenge, Super G ended up as a refreshener for my bathroom, but still the banana scent was getting to my nerves. There was no developing, neither on my skin, neither to the bathroom. I tried repeatedly to smell the other notes but it was useless and a waste of time.

Damn, it lookes like I stepped and slipped on a banana peel with this one!

ally.angeliss
ally.angeliss

This is Really Really Fruity, its mostly banana.
I got this from my 10 yrs old nephew for my b-day and it was just too fruity and kinda childish since I'm 20yrs old..and also smelled kinda cheap.

happybeauty101
happybeauty101

This smells like alot of pineapples and tangerines to me, with a subtle scent of banana. It's very unique. I love it and it makes me feel fresh and juicy!!

Hellokitty7
Hellokitty7

I am getting a smell of coconut . Me ha tocado el olor a coco

Aspendina
Aspendina

I passed this up at Marshalls a few weeks back, got home read the notes and reviews and had been beating myself up ever since. Daily for weeks I have been going to Ross, TJ Maxx & Marshalls looking for it again. Having banana in it really made me want this bad. Today I found it and bought it, and OMG I am dissappointed, I will be returning as this is nothing special. :-(

luckylilac6
luckylilac6

if I had to describe in a few words, it would be a creamy banana with a hint of sharp pineapple

yasminkilbey
yasminkilbey

I love if got a hint of jasmine and some different fruity smells x
p.s i know this since i have it xx

jonr951

I definitely don't COMPLETELY adore Super G, but the bottle is SO dang CUTE! So it makes up for the scent. LOL! : )

Jellybean
Jellybean

This is a tropical banana pineapple juicy gourmand scent. Smells nice , but meant for highschoolers.

Lynn Buck
Lynn Buck

I smell banana and coconut. At first when I sprayed it on it was pretty citrusy but then it calmed down into this lovely banana/coconut smoothie. I like it.

"This S*** Is Bananas. B-A-NAN-A-S"
Interesting fruity floral fragrance that reminds me of a strawberry banana smoothie with a fresh slice of pineapple. It's quite yummy and I never thought I would like a scent with banana. Unfortunately, it disappears fairly quick, and don't wear this to a zoo. Curious George wants his scent back.

Desstile
Desstile

I only sampled it at the shoppers, but it smells amazing. Very fruity and soft. Wanted to purchase it but I have too many other perfumes on the go. lol!

jonr951

Super G is delicious to me. It's a fruit bowl for sure! If you don't like fruit, stay away! Far away! The banana is yummy. I don't think I've ever smelled banana in a fragrance. I will definitely be getting me a bottle. I enjoy it a bit more than G of the Sea. This $h!t is BANANAS! Haha! : )

salihah
salihah

i love it smells so fruity

vlann
vlann

I have to say that I'm utterly dissapointed by this one.
The bottle is uber-cute (of course) and this is another success of Gwen in making people fall for HL cute bottles. Count me as one, I blind-bought this one without ever wanted to know how it would smell.

First initial spray, you got a hint of plasticky fruit smell just like cheap kids body wash or shampoo. When I said this, I truly mean it. I don't think this is fresh or fruity, instead this one smells pretty synthetic.

About 15-20minutes later, you can smell pineapple and banana (once again, I still got the synthetic-smelling)
The only thing that saved this Super Girl from the synthetic-fruit-smell is the drydown, IMO. There is a soft and creamy feeling with a hint of banana and coconut (eventhough it's not listed) but once again, it's pretty close to the skin.

As hard as I try to love this fragrance, I just can't. I wish they would consider making better smelling fragrances rather than just creating cuter bottle. Really, eventhough we all love the bottle and packaging, we pay a high price for it, so they better make more approriate smelling juice for the cute bottle, which we can call a perfume, not 'cheap shampoo'.

jessigirl
jessigirl

I love this, on the first spray on my skin I got a burst of citrus, at first i thought grapefruit! ANd i can smell the banana as well! Yay! Harajukuuuuuuu! ^.^ plus it didnt hurt i got it for 20$ at shoppers! luvs it.

CandyCat

I was also disappointed by this perfume, I'm a huge harajuku lovers fan, And anything comic-book superhero related, so this was right up my street, I was going to just blindly order this from the internet but decided to go test it first.
I'm glad I did.

At first it has a really yummy smell of fruits and the trademark G coconuts, I was loving it! but i decided to let it dry down on my skin, and on the tester strip.

It dries down into a fruit confusion, as if not knowing what to settle too, as others have said the banana seems to turn into a rotten banana and the other fruits become unrecognizable.

such a shame :(

pickledjo
pickledjo

I was really disappointed. I really like all the Harajuku scents but this didn't smell great.

It smelled like old brown mushed up bananas and apples. There's a hint of fresh melon, but it's not enough to save the overall smell.

Pamella

got this today, smells a bit a like cheap conditioner but i thought well the bottle's really cute!

i've just opened the box and she's really poorly made, tiny and the paint and plastic is cracked and comin off, I'm soo upset, I'm actually just taking her back right now!

so disappointed!!!!!

HLcollector
HLcollector

Super G has just been released in the US and UK. Everything from the offical HL site is that the perfume would only be released in the smaller bottle. From what I see now it has come out in both sizes.

HarajukuLover123
HarajukuLover123

I found out August is the date it will be out ;)

Pamella

this perfume comes out in the uk on 27th july, and i think it might the first perfume i buy even if i dont like the strange sounding smell (fingers crossed i will) because the bottle is just too cute to resist

21st july
it's here (earlier than expected - yay), it's ordered - yay, I can't wait - yaaay!!!

CandyCat

This one looks fab, love anything comic, or superhero related, can't wait to try! the notes sound yummmmy <3

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Musk in the base again ! IM desperate to fins a Harajuku perfume i like the smell of. Im sure musk is the culprit note that i dislike in every one ive tested so far.

Shame - I love the bottles! I will carry on testing untik i find one from this range i like !

Super G by Harajuku Lovers 3.78 out of 5 based on 151 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Harajuku Lovers Super G fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Harajuku Lovers Super G, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Super G by Harajuku Lovers. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Super G by Harajuku Lovers represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.