Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Heaven Sent Helena Rubinstein for women

Heaven Sent Helena Rubinstein for women
dislike

Heaven Sent Helena Rubinstein for women Pictures Heaven Sent Helena Rubinstein for women Pictures

Heaven Sent fragrance by Helena Rubinstein was launched in 1941. The perfume is described as innocent, fresh, beautiful and enchanting floral bouquet with artistic undertones.

Top notes: bergamot, lemon, orange, neroli and spearmint. Heart: rose, carnation, ylang-ylang and lily of the valley. Base: amyris, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood, oak moss, musk and benzoin.

Neroli Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Orange Mint

Carnation Ylang-Ylang Rose Lily-of-the-Valley

Vetiver Sandalwood Patchouli oak moss Amyris Benzoin Musk

Heaven Sent
Melograno (Pomegranate)

Heaven Sent Fragrance Reviews

pamelapuffadder
pamelapuffadder

I have a vintage bottle from the mid-late 1960s, the one with ribbed swirls and a blue plastc cap. It's eau de parfum, .5 oz bottle. The smell opens light citrus and floral then drys down to soft, powdery, very slightly spicey. i didnt wear it when younger but am in love with this scent. It is beautiful yet comforting at the same time. Nothing smells like it. My signature frag is vintage Chanel 22 and vintage Lanvin Arpege but I have great affection for this little gem. Which by the way, ain,t so cheap on ebay for what was once a drugstore cheapie.

Lillitth
Lillitth

This was my "signature" perfume in middle school back in the early 70's. My very first "grown up" perfume after Love's Baby Soft. I remember it as being a soft sweet powdery smell. I loved it. I'm sure that now it would just smell like baby powder to me, but at the time I it made me feel very sophisticated.

RobLyn
RobLyn

I wore this back when I was first dating my husband, it smelled like what would think angles would smell...

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

This a divine comfort scent. Innocent and tender, it smells sent from heaven on a cloud with angels wings and magical fairies dust thrown in. On a base level, it smells like freshly washed and powdered babies. Johnsons and Johnson's baby powder bottled up. But much better.

I own both the current version of Heaven Sent by Dana, and the Helena Rubinstein version, and I can say that there is a similarity between the two, but they are predictably not the same. The Helena Rubenstein version is the clear winner for me, although I do like both. My Rubenstein bottle is quite old, a ribbed splash bottle fluted at both ends, with a blue bakelite cap. The strength is EDT. I am guessing it is pre 1963 as there is no zip code on the label. My Rubenstein version opens with a bouquet of spicy flowers, with a definite vintage feeling. At this point, it is the most different from the Dana version. The complexity of the opening fades as it settles into the warm, baby powder scent this is known for. The drydown is quite similar to the Dana version, with musk, patchouli and I’m convinced there is a bit of civet. I like to wear this with a light touch, even though it is a soft scent. There is too much powder and animalic notes in the drydown to use a heavy hand, but lightly applied, it is very much a comfort scent.

ivi rose
ivi rose

I remember this one when I was a teenager and liked it, so I got a bottle of vintage super pure perfume. It smells just like baby powder. It reminds me so much of what my son smelled like after changing his diaper. Also I've smelled toilet paper with this scent.
Very disappointed, I realize that it probably is so old that this is all that is left. Perhaps it will smell different during the warmer months........

Sandi_g
Sandi_g

OMG I think about this perfume all the time, I loved it as a teenager in country Western Australia and wish I could buy it again........unfortunately ebay sellers are just too expensive.........will just have to dream on, it sure was a Heaven Scent x

Robyn64
Robyn64

Heaven Scent i remember wearing this perfume back in 70's and 80's it was such a beautiful scent. Does anyone know of a perfume that you can buy now that smells similar to Heaven Scent.

jedikitty
jedikitty

I have it :)
Scored a pricey vintage online a while back, aqua cap and all, but the smell is a bit different from what I remember wearing way back in the 80s...
I had to check and re-check if this was Helena Rubinstein/MEM, or the stinky Dana version. It is HR.

Well, it is a vintage so it is possible it might have gone weird - not entirely "bad" but, rather, "weird", like there was a bit of an evaporation going on over the years (although my bottle was about 80 percent full upon purchase).
It is very powdery and a little sweet.
Looking at the notes, that sounds about right but, still, there is something missing from the original HR Heaven Sent I used to have. The original smelled "fresher", almost invigorating whereas the one I have now smells powdery, flowery and very dusty, a very prominent oak moss and musk... Not sure what to make of this.
Do you think my vintage bottle is now just too vintage to be used?

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I wore this one when I was a child. Back then I remembered a soft, feminine, cute scent; a very powdery scent.... it was heavenly. I remember... the bottle I had, had a plastic blue cap. I thought it was for little girls; that's how heavenly it was.

snowbunny007
snowbunny007

OMG! I remember this one! I wore it a few times in high school- my friend had a bottle and she shared with me. I just loved it! I was soft, warm, and almost like earthy potatoes. Those were the woody notes we were smelling. It was great.

Ladyofthe80s
Ladyofthe80s

Way back in 1971 when I went to visit my sister and brother-in-law, I noticed "Heaven Sent" by Helena Rubinstein sitting on a lace dresser scarf on their dresser. It had a beautiful aqua colored cap with gold angels and writing on it...a very pretty design. Curious like I was as a 12 year old girl, I snuck a few sprays and...the fragrance WAS heavenly! Such a gorgeous perfume; soft, powdery, gentle, and soothing. There is no other out there like the original Heaven Sent, nor will there ever be...this is a truly beautiful fragrance.

About 2 years ago I decided to try and wear this fragrance, remembering how lovely it was. During my search on-line, I realized that the vintage version made by Helena Rubenstein was no longer available (unless you buy it on e-bay and spend a fortune), and the reviews of the new version were far from favorable. I'm so disappointed that they've reformulated it, because once I tested the new stuff at a Perfume Unlimited store, I found that it does not hold a candle to the vintage version!

Is it me, or are there very few vintage perfumes anymore that contain the original formulation??? My message to all of the companies out there that have messed up our once lovely vintage perfumes...either keep the original formulation or stop making these cheap immitations altogether!!!! Peace.

miahreis
miahreis

OMG finally they have a listing for the original Heaven Sent! My grandmother used to wear this when I was little and I remember she smelled kind of like baby powder and fairy dust! I used to hug and snuggle with her and just breathe in her wonderful smell! I miss those days lol

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

Heaven Scent was a wonderful perfume I wore back in the 70's. It smelled like I would imagine heaven would smell! I remember the neroli in it, which I love. A great classic to grow up on.

Heaven Sent by Helena Rubinstein 4.12 out of 5 based on 47 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Helena Rubinstein Heaven Sent fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Helena Rubinstein Heaven Sent, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Heaven Sent by Helena Rubinstein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Heaven Sent by Helena Rubinstein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.