Designers » F-H » Chypre « Groups

Herbessence Helena Rubinstein for women

Herbessence Helena Rubinstein for women

Helena Rubinstein Herbessence was launched in 1962 as a green chypre perfume for women, in Eau de Parfum concentration.

Green Notes Patchouli

Herbessence Fragrance Reviews

I used to buy this from a leaflet that came around to work every few months in the 80's. They were selling it at a ridiculously low price so I would buy a few bottles at a time. I absolutely loved this fragrance and I'm so sad that Helena Rubinstein have stopped making it as it was one of their most memorable scents. I have tried to purchase this on eBay but it seems only to exist in the USA for some reason. The price is always too high and I'm not sure that I would want to pay too much for an old bottle even if it hadn't been opened as most of them have. I have to add that when I was wearing this fragrance, I seemed to get a lot of male attention which was nice, wish it was still around ! I can't understand why popular scents are withdrawn only to be replaced by something inferior.

This is an OMG fragrance, one that grabs me quickly. It really is special, if not quite AS special as most of the prices on eBay. I found one that was quite reasonable. My treasures usually come in multiples and it can be a while to test. I usually do a quick sniff and that helps to "triage" the testing, so to speak. This one didn't smell like much, at all, so it was a while to get to it. I was afraid it was another weak cheapie, but then I discovered it had the little plastic plug in! Out that came and so did the most beautiful scent, it is very aptly named. It has a bit of that lovely resin quality like Youth Dew and Interlude, some woods, lovely herbs & patchouli. The notes shown here are sadly lacking, this has far more than just that. If I had discovered this in my youth, I would have worn it non-stop!

I recall this was my favorite fragrance made by Helena Rubenstein. And the Apple Blossom.

I remember it as strong patchouli, some vanilla, some woods, but very much like a very spicy Oriental. I loved this one & probably should get it again since I still love this type of scent.

It was strong, had a pungency to it & IMHO was similar to Opium, Youth Dew & Cinnabar on me.

My very most fave by HR...

Herbessence by Helena Rubinstein 4.60 out of 5 based on 10 ratings and 3 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Helena Rubinstein Herbessence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Helena Rubinstein Herbessence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Herbessence by Helena Rubinstein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Herbessence by Helena Rubinstein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Houbigant Chantilly Krizia K de Krizia Christian Dior Dioressence Jean-Louis Scherrer Jean-Louis Scherrer Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles Halston Halston Classic Jean Couturier Coriandre Paco Rabanne La Nuit Guy Laroche Fidji Guerlain Chamade Guerlain Mitsouko Eau de Toilette Yves Saint Laurent Y Clinique Aromatics Elixir Oscar de la Renta Ruffles Versace Gianni Versace Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Krizia Krazy Krizia Chanel Coco Eau de Parfum Norell Norell Calvin Klein Obsession