Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

Eau de Parfum (2014) Helmut Lang for women and men

Eau de Parfum (2014) Helmut Lang for women and men
dislike

Eau de Parfum (2014) Helmut Lang for women and men Pictures

Eau de Parfum (2014) by Helmut Lang is an Oriental fragrance for women and men. First launched in 2000, Eau de Parfum (2014) is a reissue of the original fragrance, released in 2014. The fragrance features rosemary, lavender, orange blossom, sandalwood, patchouli, artemisia, jasmine, rose, heliotrope, lily-of-the-valley and virginia cedar.

Rosemary Lavender Orange Blossom Sandalwood Patchouli Artemisia Jasmine Rose Heliotrope Lily-of-the-Valley Virginia Cedar

Eau de Parfum
Eau de Cologne
Eau de Cologne (2014)
Musc

Eau de Parfum (2014) Fragrance Reviews

koolthing
koolthing

I think this has become my signature scent. Helmut Lang edp just always seems suitable for any occasion. There's an odd industrial/paint note that lasts for a minute or two in the opening that I can't quite put my finger on, but after that it settles into a soft lavender and jasmine baby powder kind of thing that is really pleasant. It doesn't seem to project very far, which is good for the office. Lasts around 6 hours on me.
My wife is a little ambivalent about this one, but she says it smells nice enough. Probably not a compliment getter, but I dig it a lot.
I've tried a ton of different designer and niche oddball stuff, and found a bunch of great fragrances, but at the end of the day I guess I just want to smell like a newborn baby in an artist's loft.

Edee
Edee

This fragrance is swoon worthy. Love the top notes lying on a base of vanilla and cedar wood. The patchouli is just right and enhances all the other ingredients. This is a clean, fresh and cozy, but sexy scent that makes you want to cuddle up to the wearer. Just right for spring and fall, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it is nice in the winter, but I think it would be outstanding in the spring and fall. The added warmth in the air and in your skin will only emphasize the notes of the fragrance. People will enjoy standing next to you and absolutely love hugging you. First word out of my mouth upon smelling it - "Beautiful."

The reason I don't wear it more in the winter is because I cannot find a body lotion or body cream to layer it over.

lilalina
lilalina

This is the first patchouli scent I actually enjoy, not too strong of a patchouli.. It's a lovely skinscent, it has a clean soapy and warm vibe, very understated.

smellavision
smellavision

I believe the most fitting expression for this would be "classically clean".
As I haven't smelled the original, a comparison is not possible but it's a floral musky clean and powdery perfume with a very finetuned mix of lavender, patchouli, sandalwood, heliotrope and orange blossom.
Strangely, it somehow reminds me of a perfume my mother used to wear ages ago, and since the only one I can recall her wearing is the Maurer & Wirtz 4711 original, that must be it - even though this seems more powerful and less feminine. Maybe it's the patchouli/rose mix ? I haven't smelled the 4711 for about 20 years though, so I can't be certain.
All in all, a very fine quality perfume and with excellent longevity.

The great news about Helmut Lang re-launching their whole range of fragrances, surprised quite a lot of us in the fragrance-sphere. Everybody was happy and concerned at the same time to discover if they messed up with these mythical fragrances and with much of my surprise, I've to say they didn't at all.

Current EDP is incredibly close to the original but, if I can dare, it feels almost better. It's slightly stronger and more balanced on the sweetness and, after all these years, still feels unique enough to gain all of my support and endorsement. I've to say that I found the original musk a bit more nuanced as it felt clean but maintained a certain dirtiness typical to this ingredient whereas the current iteration feels overall woodier and cleaner. Still top-notch stuff in my book.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The new version of Helmut Lang's EDP is quite close to the new EDC, just with a slightly more prominent presence of tonka, vanilla and heliotrope - less metallic, transparent and "abstract" than the EDC and a bit more warm, substantial, more balmy and sweeter, and in a way more "conventionally" cozy and clean. Yet, it still carries as well that particular sort of architectural, dusty feel of "gray", so the avantgarde factor which makes Lang's range so unique is here as well. If you had to choose between the new EDP and EDC, my advice would to be to go for this; it's not exactly the same, but is fairly similar, just richer and a bit more persistent. Sadly I can not give my opinion about the faithfulness as regards to the original version, as I've never tried it. As-is, I consider it a really pleasant, clean, well-built scent, a bit costly but unique enough to be worth at least a try (by the way, I agree with the similarity with Labdanum 18).

7,5-8/10

christianne1
christianne1

Helmut Lang EDP is truly a hybrid of Labdanum 18 and Musc Ravageur. It is Labdanum 18 with a splash of MR. If L18 does not have quite enough oomph for you and MR has too much - and you "almost" love either one of them - Helmut Lang could be just what you are looking for. It has Maurice Roucel written all over it.

It is soft and clean with a powdery fluffiness to it but also has a sexy musky edge. Very unisex.

This is the type of scent I really gravitate toward and if I didn't already have a bottle of Labdanum and MR I would be ordering it right now. But since I have both it really feels a bit redundant. It really is THAT similar. And because I love the other two so much, this is also clearly a love for me.

deadidol
deadidol

Synthetic yet cozy, the 2014 re-issue of EdP is soft, warm, and frankly, quite brilliant. It feels deceptively simple, but it’s clear that there’s a great deal of nuance. It strikes the perfect balance between powdery florals, semi-sweet musks, and balmy vanilla with just a touch of cinnamon. It’s like a creamier, more edible Labdanum 18 or a refined and less dramatic Musc Ravageur, yet it feels more accomplished than both through its seeming unfussiness. Furthermore, there’s an insinuation of a laundry motif created through the tiniest inclusion of soapy lavender that makes the scent feel abnormally clean—like a plush toy taken straight from the drier.

It sits close to the skin, but not so close as to be considered a skin scent, and I could see how it could potentially be over-sprayed. However, there’s nothing belligerent about it—no harshness to the synthetics whatsoever, and it somehow keeps from being cloying even when it feels like it should be. It’s pillowy and soft but it doesn’t feel juvenile.

Sadly, I never had the chance to smell the original, and I’m sure that some changes were made at some point (there's an ebanol-style sandalwood lurking in the base), but this is pure, powdery comfort. It’s probably too pricey as it stands, but it does what it does so well that I imagine it won’t be hard to rationalize the price. Total comfort in a bottle.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Helmut Lang Eau de Parfum (2014) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Helmut Lang Eau de Parfum (2014), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Parfum (2014) by Helmut Lang. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Parfum (2014) by Helmut Lang represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.