Designers » F-H » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Eau de Parfum Helmut Lang for women

Eau de Parfum Helmut Lang for women
dislike

Eau de Parfum by Helmut Lang is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Eau de Parfum was launched in 2000. Top notes are rosemary, lavender and coton candy; middle notes are jasmine, heliotrope, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, vanilla and cedar.

Rosemary Lavender Coton candy

Eau de Parfum (2014)

Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Katrin77
Katrin77

My husband bought this for me in 2002. He said that he tested it in a tax free shop in an airport while travelling, and he fell in love immediately. I thought the scent was okey. I do like it, but it doesn't have the same Whoa-effect on me as it has on him. He first gave me a 50 ml bottle, and when it was finished, I managed to buy one of the last 90 ml bottles on Strawberrynet just before everyone stopped selling it. I keep it in dark to keep it fresh. And I use it really seldom because it is so rare now. It still has this magical effect on my husband, and therefore I use it almost only when I am on a date with him. He just can't stop sniffing my neck and kissing me constantly ;) That's good enough fo me!

By the way, I am wearing Balenciaga Cristobal today, and I find some similarities between these two. Unfortunately it has been discontinued too.

lisa o
lisa o

when it came out, whole arthouse cinemas in vienna smelled of it because so many women (and men) in that specific arty surrounding were fond of it. hmm musky babypowder gentleness. sadly I haven't encountered it for many years...would be like being in a time capsule to smell it now: mulholland drive in a dark cinema or helmut langs big atelier in zelinkagasse when he closed it only some years after HL EDP was presented, werner schreyer at the top of his carreer lasciviously hanging round in the "volksgarten"-club. when I miss those wild years, I get my HL jeans with it's gaffa-strips, sheer tops with white elastic bands and the fish-leather-half-of-my-monthly-salary-at-that-time-shoes out and try to catch a whisper of his perfume:-)
ps.: I find the comparison to musc ravageur kind of misleading because helmut lang perfume was not bitchy nor vulgar (as I remember it) and it was actually not spicy, more herbal (lavender)- so it had a very different- and I find more original- tune than MR. it was just this "double underlined" musk which made it smell kind of futuristic at that time...and the integration of a masculine quote into an otherwise VERY feminine perfume was unusual too.

Little Cooling
Little Cooling

I still have some high hopes, that this will be re-released. If any have something left, then please get in touch with me :) Thanks :) One of my very fave scents :)

aurigavr
aurigavr

Great scent. Very similar to roucel's musc ravageur, with a bit of seductive purple velvet flowers.
One of my favourite scents as a charming potion.

A rare and precious jewel, unfortunately recently discontinued, that remains one of the most brillant pieces to have from collection.

9.5/10

al.to
al.to

An interesting parfum
wearable and original..in the line of Roucel Maurice muscs.
Sadly discontinued..
definitely a piece to obtain .

there is a clear/dirty animal note
maybe could be unisex like Malle's Musc
if you are interested to have one ; contact me,i'm in Italy

zucchera
zucchera

This is one of my favorite frangrances, i feel really feminine wearing it. It´s very long lasting on me. To bad that it´s so hard to find. I use it only at special occasions becouse I only have a half bottle left.

rakkoma
rakkoma

Why is this so expensive? Does anyone know?

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

This is such a beautiful fragrance; cozy, soft, feminine and very elegant. It has everything... Well worth the price tag.

kit1982
kit1982

It is simple scent that gives you a feeling of being clean.

Musc Ravageur's sister. No doubts. In my vision Helmut Lang EDP was Roucel's prototype for his much more hyped Musc Ravageur. Replace the cinnamon/spices combo of the Malle with slight yet spohisticated floral patterns, tame it down a little bit et voilà, here's Helmut Lang EDP.

Same dirty/clean vibe, same overall allure. Simply brilliant and undeservedly overlooked. Terrific!

flower*fairy*75
flower*fairy*75

I LOVE IT!!!BUT IS VERY EXPENSIVE NOW AND DIFFICULT TO FIND.SMELLS GREAT!!!!!!

NanAxlRose
NanAxlRose

LOVE IT !
It´s one of THE BEST perfumes I´ve ever had.
It´s very special.
Dry, fresh, aromatic, spicy, masculine ....
BRAVO

parmania
parmania

Страхотен парфюм,свежа лавандула и мек памук-секси комбинация!Много ми харесва,искам го!!!
Awesome perfume, fresh lavender and soft cotton-sexy combination! I love, I want it!

Mimmi
Mimmi

While lovers of oriental vanillas might get dissapointed by this one, this is the one to try if You generally find that cathegory too volouptious or gourmand. The herbal notes that to some feel masculine adds a fresh quality, defining it a contemporary interpretation of classic notes. Wich to me corresponds well with the designers name. Not complicated, but still sophisticated.
Cant feel any cotton candy, the patchouly are used lightly to ground this experience.
On me; medinum sillage, lastingpower very good.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

In 2000, I would stop at Barneys downtown on my way home from work just to smell this one. I loved it then...I would fantasize that this would be the only bottle of perfume on my beautiful cherrywood dresser. However, I will never, ever, ever, be a one perfume only kinda girl...So, I decided I'd leave the fantasy alone. Now, I never see this one. I guess I could find it online if I really wanted it. I remember it being lovely, unisex.

redenvelope1
redenvelope1

Helmut Lang Eau de Parfum is one of my favorite goto parfums - perfect for a quaint evening out because of its subtle but lasting drydown scent thats sexy and powdery that's not in anyway offensive. This does remind you of baby powder but I think it has a sprinkle of edge to it elusively airing more towards cedar and sandlewood. NITTY-GRITTY: Last 10+ hour,for anyone, similar to philosophy scent family.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

On my skin this one is more on the masculine side. I cannot detect the sweetness of vanilla I expected. The opening is rather green and herbal but the drydown is more agreeable. I consider myself an oriental-vanilla kinda girl but this is definitely not my cup of tea.

allexa27
allexa27

lavender start,but great ,powdery,wram base .it really smells like expensive sweet baby powder.:)

TheBritishEccentric
TheBritishEccentric

Helmut Lang smells like babies bums when they have been bathed and powdered with Johnsons baby powder! Soft, powdery, delicious and edible!! A very feminine fragrance, I did not realise it was for men!!!

c_donna
c_donna

A nicely balanced fragrance that's warm, slightly woody and wears close to the skin. It's marked as a male scent but can be worn by both sexes. The vanilla note becomes prominent during the dry down. Overall, a pleasant scent that is not loud or harsh and is perfect for those moments when you want to cozily invite someone in a little closer. [NB: This review is for the EDP; Fragrance recently discontinued in U.S.]

Eau de Parfum by Helmut Lang 4.41 out of 5 based on 107 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Helmut Lang Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Helmut Lang Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Parfum by Helmut Lang. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Parfum by Helmut Lang represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.